PDA

View Full Version : How far can we go?

ravn21
07-27-2007, 08:17 PM
How far can we go in the fiba Asia Championship? State your reason after you have voted.

DiegoClang
07-27-2007, 08:20 PM
How far can we go in the fiba Asia Championship
are you serious bro? of course all the way........to beijing!:cool:

ravn21
07-27-2007, 08:22 PM

I voted Champion... what about you?

Chot Reyes
07-27-2007, 08:29 PM
How far can we go in the fiba Asia Championship? State your reason after you have voted.

i voted only in elimination..... i dnt see dat we can do it..... we stil hav a lot to learn.... if ever we can survive the Bracket of Death i dnt think we have enough power to continue.... out of gas ....

and if ever we passed the elimination we might play relaxed bcuz we hav defeated d powewr houz or favor to win.

no flames intended.... hope dis will not come true !! :D

Chot Reyes
07-27-2007, 08:30 PM

vote pls !! ur own opinion..... even ur a filipino

thugpinoy
07-27-2007, 08:34 PM
i have seen all the participating teams for this FIBA Asia Championships.
RP can make it to Beijing..
i see RP in the Finals against non-china team.
hope RP make it..
________
Drug test (http://drugtestingkit.org)

Chot Reyes
07-27-2007, 08:38 PM
i have seen all the participating teams for this FIBA Asia Championships.
RP can make it to Beijing..
i see RP in the Finals against non-china team.
hope RP make it..

ns one dats a post dat hav a opinion hope all will do d same thing on wat r ders risons and not only bcuz der filipinos:p

donmar
07-28-2007, 12:59 AM
The Champions - The Philippines all the way!!!... Team Philippines.. We Believe!

rensquared
07-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Of course Champions!!!

igorotski
07-28-2007, 01:26 AM
CHAMPION

raichu08
07-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Champions!!!!!!!!!!

ravn21
07-28-2007, 02:07 AM
hmm y ders a lot of posting champions but ders 4 votes dat d philippines will only make in to the eliminations..... eventhough champions got more vote.... sme pipol didnt tell why dey choose dat..... pls indicate ur risons and y?.....

we to knw y did u vote dat ......

bolabasket
07-28-2007, 02:31 AM
On top again....

black_thorne2001
07-28-2007, 02:31 AM
CHAMPION

it's very simple because im a pilipino of course every one of us here want our team to be in beijing.

WE BELIEVE!!, WE SURVIVE!!

saints13
07-28-2007, 03:10 AM
there's unlimited possibilities for our RP NT! :D they are having the time of their lives right now!!! God bless :)

bndck09
07-28-2007, 04:47 AM
CHAMPION
See yah in Beijing!!!!:)

clark
07-28-2007, 05:19 AM
i guess it depends to the motivation we gain from our last experience, half of it will be based on the HEART that connect US ALL..... LOVE FOR BASKETBALL and THIRST FOR WINNING!

ravn21
07-28-2007, 06:21 AM
Now that Jordan defeated china, our game against iran is a must win game. Knowing china will come back with a vengeance. I believe we can be the champions!

killercrossover
07-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Champion. Never looked back. Thats the goal. :)

protossdomain
07-28-2007, 06:58 AM
i voted only in elimination..... i dnt see dat we can do it..... we stil hav a lot to learn.... if ever we can survive the Bracket of Death i dnt think we have enough power to continue.... out of gas ....

and if ever we passed the elimination we might play relaxed bcuz we hav defeated d powewr houz or favor to win.

no flames intended.... hope dis will not come true !! :D

Coach Chot! You are the prime mover of Team Pilipinas and yet it turns out, you're a non-believer! Shame on you! >_<

pinoypi
07-28-2007, 07:03 AM
Team Pilipinas will emerged as champions!!! :)

lancelot76
07-28-2007, 07:11 AM
hey guys,dati i never thought that RP can produce a team that we have now,..but now it's different..i know that we're destined to be victorious this time.."Victory always starts in the head. It's a state of mind. It then spreads with such radiance and such affirmations that destiny can do nothing but obey."..see you guys in beijing!!!

protossdomain
07-28-2007, 07:43 AM
hey guys,dati i never thought that RP can produce a team that we have now,..but now it's different..i know that we're destined to be victorious this time.."Victory always starts in the head. It's a state of mind. It then spreads with such radiance and such affirmations that destiny can do nothing but obey."..see you guys in beijing!!!

Great. Pray for our team. Welcome here. >_<

Chot Reyes
07-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Team Pilipinas will emerged as champions!!! :)

state how can be champions...... the way the games goin r der goin der?

as i thought i voted for eliminations .... i see bcuz ders no changes in der plays.... almst 1 on 1 plays nothings else follows.... if this goes on i think i pick the right vote.

only Taulava has the experiene bcz he played in the last national team in Asian Games and correct me if im wrong no oder players follows to that exp.

they are all young in this kind of game... dey nid to execute ders plays if ders any?..... looks like dey only practice der 1 on 1 plays .... hope dis will change soon...

b3lowzro
07-28-2007, 12:21 PM
i think the semis... we need more proper preparations sorry guys those teams that we are competing against have been beefing up their team for many years
________
Cbx750 (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CBX750)

snipes12
07-28-2007, 12:30 PM
team philippines will go home and sell taho and nilagang mani at the mrt station and "Dibidi , dibidi kaio diyan , bold gusto mo meron kami !! "

igorotski
07-28-2007, 12:32 PM
team philippines will go home and sell taho and nilagang mani at the mrt station and "Dibidi , dibidi kaio diyan , bold gusto mo meron kami !! "

pabili!

aklanarcher
07-28-2007, 01:03 PM
state how can be champions...... the way the games goin r der goin der?

as i thought i voted for eliminations .... i see bcuz ders no changes in der plays.... almst 1 on 1 plays nothings else follows.... if this goes on i think i pick the right vote.

only Taulava has the experiene bcz he played in the last national team in Asian Games and correct me if im wrong no oder players follows to that exp.

they are all young in this kind of game... dey nid to execute ders plays if ders any?..... looks like dey only practice der 1 on 1 plays .... hope dis will change soon...
Don Don, Pennisi and Menk played with the National team in the 2002 Asian Games.

meloy
07-28-2007, 01:16 PM
PARE! ang saya mo siguro ngayun hanu? Ikaw ay nabibilang dun sa MGA GENIUS! If your not happy with the kind of basketball philippines is having... be it. pero sana naman wag ganyan attitude...MASAKIT MATALO... pero alam mo kung anu masakit? ANG LAITIN KA ng kapwa mo PINOY...Minsan ba kayung mga GENIUS naitanong nyo sa mga sarili nyo... anu ang nagawa nyo??? MANLAIT, MAMINTAS, AT MANGITA NG KUNG ANU MALI....
sa palagay mo tama ba ito???? TANONG KO LANG YAN...

translation: the philippines are populated by geniuses...

b3lowzro
07-28-2007, 01:23 PM
PARE! ang saya mo siguro ngayun hanu? Ikaw ay nabibilang dun sa MGA GENIUS! If your not happy with the kind of basketball philippines is having... be it. pero sana naman wag ganyan attitude...MASAKIT MATALO... pero alam mo kung anu masakit? ANG LAITIN KA ng kapwa mo PINOY...Minsan ba kayung mga GENIUS naitanong nyo sa mga sarili nyo... anu ang nagawa nyo??? MANLAIT, MAMINTAS, AT MANGITA NG KUNG ANU MALI....

bro stop bashing the geniuses.

and for you so-called geniuses give the team another chance to redeem themselves from this loss
________
Kitchen Measures (http://kitchenmeasures.com/)

saints13
07-28-2007, 03:23 PM
snipes12 has a deep sense of hate for the RP NT, maybe it's something personal because his words are not objective.

snipes12
07-28-2007, 03:24 PM

correction = not genius but critics

masyado kang makata pare hehe gusto mo atang patayuan ka ng rebulto sa monumento

trans

statue of liberty

snipes12
07-28-2007, 03:27 PM
snipes12 has a deep sense of hate for the RP NT, maybe it's something personal because his words are not objective.

di naman ... die hard fans lang kaio masyado kaia nasasaktan kaio ... hehe wag masyadong seryoso , hehe baka magpakatiwakal kaio pag di nanalo ang rp nt ...

trans

suicide is not the solution

sickcurtain_16
07-28-2007, 03:34 PM
What's with being a die hard fan? We are not out of our minds yet. We are just supporting the team.

Sino pa ba aasa sa pinoy team kundi ang pinoy din.

TRANS: Let's just support the team and stop bashing at them coz it wont do any good anyway.

saints13
07-28-2007, 03:34 PM
di naman ... die hard fans lang kaio masyado kaia nasasaktan kaio ... hehe wag masyadong seryoso , hehe baka magpakatiwakal kaio pag di nanalo ang rp nt ...

trans

suicide is not the solution

ganun? well die hard or what, e ang problema naman kase sayo e di mo alam mga sinasabe mo, tira ka lang ng tira. e wala ka magagawa kung basketball ang trip ng mga tao dito, basketball forum to eh. hanap ka ng barbie doll forum, dun walang die hard sa basketball. ok? :)

translation:
barbie doll is good for gays who hate basketball

crouchingtiger
07-28-2007, 03:37 PM
I am having fun reading you guys translation :D

meloy
07-28-2007, 03:40 PM
ganun? well die hard or what, e ang problema naman kase sayo e di mo alam mga sinasabe mo, tira ka lang ng tira. e wala ka magagawa kung basketball ang trip ng mga tao dito, basketball forum to eh. hanap ka ng barbie doll forum, dun walang die hard sa basketball. ok? :)

translation:
wahahahahaha:eek: nice one saint13

meloy
07-28-2007, 03:44 PM
correction = not genius but critics

masyado kang makata pare hehe gusto mo atang patayuan ka ng rebulto sa monumento

trans

statue of liberty
'GENIUS" ang term ni CHot sa mga critic katulad ni Recah and CHino Trinidad. sila tinitira ang TP which i think is very objective nga. IKAW hindi ko masasabi na CRITIC, eh wala kang alam sa basketbol eh.... siguro mahilig kang maglaro "BALLS":eek:

translation: barbie is playing Balls

snipes12
07-28-2007, 03:50 PM

translation:

fan ka nga ng basketball di ka naman marunong magdribol :D ..
edi cge ... :D me 2 games pa naman to prove something ..
sakin lang kasi , representation sila ng bansa , papayag ba kaio na irepresent ang pilipinas ng talunan ? ...

trans
rp national loves making mistakes

meloy
07-28-2007, 03:56 PM
sakin lang kasi , representation sila ng bansa , papayag ba kaio na irepresent ang pilipinas ng talunan ? ...

trans
if that will be the result then wala na siguro tayo magagawa dun. being there means they are the current best players we have...maybe not the best coach but equally deserving to be there also...
kung ikaw magaling? bat hindi ikaw nag nglalaro dun instead????

translation: philippines have so many great "players" playing someone else balls

saints13
07-28-2007, 03:58 PM

trans

just play barbie :) ok? :)

saints13
07-28-2007, 03:59 PM

trans

e di irepresent mo ang bansa sa mga barbie doll contests :)

translation:
join the Barbie Doll Asia Championship

protossdomain
07-28-2007, 03:59 PM
A person such as this snipes12 here come and go, but real believers lives on. Things like this must happen. It's tough, it's tough. But this is all a test of character my bothers. You are what you post. We know better and we are going to pray and hope and that no matter what, it was all worth it.

snipes12
07-28-2007, 04:01 PM
just play barbie :) ok? :)

i have my own personal "alive" barbie which i use to play with her every night and sometimes morning ...:)

sickcurtain_16
07-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Ei guys, let's stay on topic. :)

Chot Reyes
07-28-2007, 05:03 PM
i think the semis... we need more proper preparations sorry guys those teams that we are competing against have been beefing up their team for many years

dats the gud thing being true to urself and not thinking emerging as champions like oders say.... askn dem how dey will do it...

eventhough ur a filipino u must evaluate on how the team will go.... using ur mind and explaining why? is gud.... It will be a gud lesson to us incase we dnt make it.

Oders Stop POsting only Champions state ur risons y?

its not bad to believe but smtimes u must evaluate and tell the truth.... dnt be a false believer !! its not bad to react wen u see smting is wrong and incomplete.

for us to be a Champions 4 me..... u must play as a team and stop d 1 on1 plays... wer not NBA players and 6'10 -7'0 men ....

the team must execute der plays which dey learn in der practice..... in fact dey practice twice a day....

B mature and put everything dat ur last gme is on the line....

dnt b afraid !!

Dnt hesitate !!

----------------------------------

in the end only pray dat we put are self back and make d addidas motto to life !!

Impossible is Nothing !!

hope we can win in a team game not in 1 on 1 !! :)

rycorpz
07-28-2007, 05:24 PM
he's not the real chot reyes

rycorpz
07-28-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm still a believer i'm still proud of the team no matter the unnecessary circumstances ( like refs ) they are still fighting not giving up like Kerby

Kung talagang marunong kayo magbasketball maaapreciate nyo sila tingnan nyo kahit malas ang shooting muntik nanalo kung di lang dahil sa ref na yun panalo yun sure mas lalong panalo pag nakuha na nina Seigle, Caguioa at Alapag ang rhthym nila ang I hope magkaisa tayo dito at ipagdasal sila hope ok si Asi Go team i'm still for and with them kayo?

dreamwalker
07-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Now that Jordan defeated china, our game against iran is a must win game. Knowing china will come back with a vengeance. I believe we can be the champions!

Sad to say we got beaten by Iran (75-69), beating Jordan and China is now very remote . RP can't get passed the elimination round. Like I said before height is always might in basketball, Iran is the next tallest team after China with an average height of 6'7" to China's 6'8". RP's average height is only 6'4" an inch taller than chinese-taipei.

A good tall team can always beat a small good team......

rhk111
07-28-2007, 10:46 PM
We have NOT been beaten by China in this tournament ..... YET.

Let's hold our horses, until we do get beaten by China. There's still a chance we might win. True, that chance is about the same as me winning the lotto, but there's still a chance.

Once we DO get beaten ..... then fire at will.

merps baller
07-28-2007, 11:09 PM

trans
bro, eh masyado ka magaling eto na lang ang sayo...kaninya chibay,lanchaw bin:D hanpin mo na lng sa dictionary k?:D please translate.

protossdomain
07-29-2007, 01:40 AM
We have NOT been beaten by China in this tournament ..... YET.

Let's hold our horses, until we do get beaten by China. There's still a chance we might win. True, that chance is about the same as me winning the lotto, but there's still a chance.

Once we DO get beaten ..... then fire at will.

I will take that chance any given time. >_<

igorotski
07-29-2007, 03:38 AM
my heart says we will be the champ of this tourney
however, my mind doesnt.

DiegoClang
07-29-2007, 04:50 AM
snipes12....my boy....does your mom know what you're doing? have you done your homework yet.....tsk tsk tsk......go on finish your homework, then come back to us........that's a good boy........now clean up your room.....go on...done?........good boy.....i'll buy you chocolate later.

saints13
07-29-2007, 02:39 PM
how far can we go :D as far as Tokushima..or even Beijing..LOL

btw, the RP vs. Jordan is the decider on how farther than the preliminary rounds can our RP team go! :)

pinoyballer
07-29-2007, 03:23 PM
This is an irrelevant question now. Because if the Philippines loses to Jordan tomorrow, it's not going any higher than 9th place!

This would be really unfair, because all four teams in Group A should probably rank in the Top 10 in all of Asia (there's some doubt about this Chinese team though). In this tournament, two of these four teams will end up ranking between 9th-16th.

Of the possible 8 quarterfinalists, Qatar (especially) and Taipei are probably not on par with anyone in Group A. So the top 10 in Asia should be 6 of the quarterfinalists plus all the teams in Group A.

I suggest seeding according to the latest FIBA ratings (which is bad for the Philippines these days, because of its two-year absence from FIBA tournaments). But after this tournament, the Philippines will get a fair ranking (hopefully).

JET007
07-30-2007, 03:42 AM
This is an irrelevant question now. Because if the Philippines loses to Jordan tomorrow, it's not going any higher than 9th place!

This would be really unfair, because all four teams in Group A should probably rank in the Top 10 in all of Asia (there's some doubt about this Chinese team though). In this tournament, two of these four teams will end up ranking between 9th-16th.

Of the possible 8 quarterfinalists, Qatar (especially) and Taipei are probably not on par with anyone in Group A. So the top 10 in Asia should be 6 of the quarterfinalists plus all the teams in Group A.

I suggest seeding according to the latest FIBA ratings (which is bad for the Philippines these days, because of its two-year absence from FIBA tournaments). But after this tournament, the Philippines will get a fair ranking (hopefully).
that means teams RP wasted (taiwan:p , SoKor:p , lebanon:p ) are gonna rank higher!?
what the heck! FIBA rankings so inaccurate!:mad:

bolabasket
07-30-2007, 04:34 AM
i think we can beat India and Indonesia...as well as UAE, Kuwait, Hongkong, and Syria

Chot Reyes
07-30-2007, 02:21 PM
honestly i voted for eliminations...... i juz want to criticize not to flame....

we should not be called Team if ur playing 1on1 all the time.... dats d only play RP team hav mastered in der practices..... the lack of gvng enough playing time to oder players is not gud like for e.g. Ritualo .... almost no playing time .... sorry to say dat he has no use in the team.....

he is juz a player dat will complete d number 12 spot and not der to play....

if u know dats his role in the 1st place u must hav chosen d right players dat could replace our 1st or 2nd five.... may be James Yap is better choice bcz he can play the SG position and the SF so u hav 3 SG rotation to Caguioa and Siegle.

as u can see Siegle ddnt play a lot bcz of the injury...... the coach rely almost to caguioa to lift us frm scoring..... its like the Mark Caguioa Team he doesnt past to much wen he drives. And he put a lot of low percentage shot....

we lost bcz of our Team Plays... we are very poor on performing. relying only on 1on1 plays.....

i think a lot of adjustment will be impose like changing of coaches will do....

Chot didnt do his job !! rate 3/10..... our defense is gud wen we are pressing i guess dats juichico play. corect me if im worng.....

Change the system and eliminate 1 on1 plays get a coach dat can do dat.... as for chot ur best in scouting players make a living for it. dats all u can do better..... Norwood and Williams u produce right !!

fhebzs_817
08-01-2007, 12:32 AM
go RPNT..

goodluck sa game vs india..

rhk111
08-01-2007, 02:24 AM
While I wanted Team Pilipinas to advance as far as possible, I also voted that the team will be eliminated.

I felt bad that my vote really happened, I would've preferred to have been proven wrong. But, well, that's REALITY for you.

DiegoClang
08-01-2007, 05:10 AM
A person such as this snipes12 here come and go, but real believers lives on. Things like this must happen. It's tough, it's tough. But this is all a test of character my bothers. You are what you post. We know better and we are going to pray and hope and that no matter what, it was all worth it.
Amen to that bro.....we all know who the hanger ons are, those who would have kissed the balls of chot and the players had they won....and who the real believers are. To all believers....keep it up.....your patience will be rewarded.