PDA

View Full Version : Former PBA players where are they now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

islander
07-22-2007, 12:03 AM
I am just curious and interested to know whatever happened to those ex-pba
players after their stint in the pba? :D

donmar
07-22-2007, 04:44 AM
Hector Calma - former Team Manager of the Coca-Cola Tigers... currently the San Miguel Beermen Team Manager
Samboy Lim - former San Miguel Beermen Team Manager... currently the Barangay Ginebra Kings Team Manager
Allan Caidic - former Head Coach of the Barangay Ginebra Kings, former Assistant Coach of the RP National Team, former Team Manager of Barangay Ginebra Kings and of the Coca-Cola Tigers... currently the Barangay Ginebra Kings Assistant Coach
Alvin Patrimonio - current Team Manager of Purefoods Chunkee Giants
Robert Jaworski - former Senator

rycorpz
07-22-2007, 05:49 AM
Benjie Paras - actor :)

snipes12
07-22-2007, 07:36 AM
jimmy santos = vic sotto's comedy dummy

rycorpz
07-22-2007, 09:00 AM
I wonder where's Bong Alvarez and Vergel Meneses right now

pinoy pac fan
07-22-2007, 09:14 AM
former PBA wingman Totoy Marquez, employee sa Hagonoy, Bulacan water district. in inter company leagues.

English please..

Saskibaloia
07-22-2007, 11:57 AM
I wonder where's Bong Alvarez right now

Operating his own transportation business in Sydney, Australia

crouchingtiger
07-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Billy Ray Bates = In jail

saints13
07-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Billy Ray Bates = In jail

oh really? :)

he's really a bad boy :)

crouchingtiger
07-22-2007, 01:09 PM
oh really? :)

he's really a bad boy :)

He was send behind bars for hold-up of a gas station. Obviously life was not so nice to him after he left PBA. He should of stayed in the Philippines like what Norman Black did.

meloy
07-22-2007, 02:14 PM
curious about yves dignadice? last time ive heard hes having some financial problem in the US? is he still there?

Rudy "the distroyer" Distrito- destroyed his own life. he is now in jail for murder.

ABE King?
Dondon Ampalayo?
Gerry Esplana?
bal David?

jundakki
07-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Yoyong Martirez - Pasig Vice Mayor
Atoy Co - Pasig Councilor
Abet Guidaben - into construction business
Francis Arnaiz - gov't employee of California

saints13
07-22-2007, 03:57 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/ironicbrew/joey_marquez.jpg

Joey Marquez right now in Showbiz! :D LOL

islander
07-22-2007, 05:21 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/ironicbrew/joey_marquez.jpg

Joey Marquez right now in Showbiz! :D LOL

as far as i know he nailed some beautiful ladies...chickboy!

Dinamita
07-22-2007, 10:21 PM
yes, indeed... chickboy... no wonder he got STD... :D :D :D

how about NOLI LOCSIN? VINCE HIZON? FREDDIE ABUDA? MIKE MUSTRE?

rocks_24
07-22-2007, 10:45 PM
nelson "the bull" asaytono, plays for tagbilaran, NBC. together with mike orquillas (and two other ex pro's)

Burndvinyard
07-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Feliciano case, PBA Legends

By Beth Celis
Inquirer
Last updated 05:57am (Mla time) 07/22/2007

MANILA, Philippines—I’m not much into golf but the topic of conversation in our table during a recent birthday party I attended was so interesting it caught my undivided attention.

The talk was about Rod Feliciano, who was suspended for one year by the Manila Golf Club where he is a member of good standing.

Now I don’t remember ever meeting Mr. Feliciano but I’ve heard and read so much about him, his name being closely identified with DHL and golf, not necessarily in that order. I know he owns DHL and has sponsored countless tournaments and financed events and activities related with the sport.

And he has been doing these for years, if not decades. Without question, his name rings only a positive bell in my memory.

“Why on earth was he suspended when he’s supposed to be a most respected member of the organization?” I asked a media golfer seated beside me.

“From what I gathered he had questioned the scoring rules during a tournament and this led to a heated exchange of words. The next thing he knew, he was being suspended by the MGCC for one year.

“Somebody familiar with the case said Mr. Feliciano did not even get the chance to counter the allegations against him, which was probably used as the basis for his suspension,” the media golfer related.

“Now that he has served his suspension for almost a year, guess what? He is being slapped with another three-year suspension for alleged ‘ungentlemanly behavior’ for seeking legal redress in his right as a proprietary member of the posh club since 1991.”

“In effect, Mr. Feliciano, a well-respected former president and now an honorary chairman of the National Golf Association of the Philippines, is being barred from the Manila Golf Club premises indefinitely!”

According to the golfer, all of this is happening because Rod had incurred the ire of one of the organizers of the Manila Golf Golden Tee tournament, the same one with whom he was said to have had a verbal joust over tournament rules last year.

Those who have known Rod for years say he doesn’t deserve such shabby treatment. The consensus of the golfers in our table was that the incident had gone a little out of hand and way too far.

The phone number did not register and neither did the man’s voice, at first, but I knew it was an overseas call.

I would never have guessed it was former PBA great Abe King, calling all the way from Washington DC where he and his family have moved from Los Angeles where I last him three years ago.

Abe said he called to inquire about my health, and is happy to hear that I could talk straight and think straight.

Abe, who has been very active in raising funds for the Rudy Distrito cause, reported that his group, composed of former PBA cagers, has reached its target.

“We have formed an association called PBA Legends USA and our primary objective is to help former PBA cagers who need assistance. Not only those who are residing here in the USA but those who are in the Philippines as well, dahil baka mas kailangan nila ng tulong,” said Abe citing Hernani Demigillo and Leo Paguntalan as examples.

Abe said the organization is being supported by Rufino Ignacio who used to work with Danny Arrieta of Country Fair and is now connected with Bill Gates in the US.

Among the members of the group are Bernie Fabiosa, Yves Dignadice, Noni Robles, Yoyoy Villamin, Ponky Alolor, Rey Yncierto, Onchie de la Cruz, and others whose names I failed to list down. The group also has a website, which I will publish as soon as I decipher my handwriting.

Abe has been voted chairman of the board. We will be hearing from him on a regular basis.

bolabasket
07-23-2007, 02:30 AM
nelson "the bull" asaytono, plays for tagbilaran, NBC. together with mike orquillas (and two other ex pro's)
I think it's Pagadian in NBC, not Tagbilaran.

Dinamita
07-23-2007, 05:34 AM
damn... really?

I remember seeing ABUDAH in person.... His muscles in his foot are really huge...

DiegoClang
07-23-2007, 06:41 AM
damn... really?

I remember seeing ABUDAH in person.... His muscles in his foot are really huge...
:eek: :eek: :eek:

JET007
07-23-2007, 07:48 AM
damn... really?

LOL!!!! HAHAHA!!!:D :D :D

rycorpz
07-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Where's Ricardo Brown?

donmar
07-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Where's Ricardo Brown?

He's in the US... I think working as a High School Principal... I dunno what's the school though

saints13
07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
where's the Tisoy tandem of Jawo...that Arnaiz guy..he wasn't present in the Toyota vs. Crispa reunion game??? or is he alive? :D

Servinio
07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
where's the Tisoy tandem of Jawo...that Arnaiz guy..he wasn't present in the Toyota vs. Crispa reunion game??? or is he alive? :D
Francis Arnaiz is very much alive, working these days for the State Government of California. He has been based in the United States since retiring after the 1986 season.

Servinio
07-23-2007, 07:11 PM
freddie abuda me sakit ata halos hindi makalakad? pls confirm this...
osteoatrithis ba sakit niya?
That is an overstatement. I met Freddie Abuda a week ago and he can walk around on his own power.

Abuda spent 2006 as an assistant coach on the NCAA champion San Beda Red Lions. He left the team when head coach Koy Banal was replaced before the start of the 2007 season by another former PBA player, Frankie Lim.

DaveMap2007
07-24-2007, 04:13 AM
David Sputnik - is this the one died in the Cebu PAcific Plane crash in Davao

Servinio
07-24-2007, 05:53 PM
David Sputnik - is this the one died in the Cebu PAcific Plane crash in Davao
It's former Tanduay player David Supnet who died in that Air Philippines crash off Samal Island in Davao. I can't forget that flight because a friend of mine also perished in that same accident.

Other PBA players who are now playing in the big court in the sky:

Fort Acuna - suicide after he was fired as Toyota coach on national television
Teddy Alfarero
Alfie Almario
Gido Babilonia
Rey Cuenco
Alex Clarino
Larry Mumar
Jun Papa
Ricky Pineda - fell of the running board of a public bus
Danny Pribdhas - murdered when robbers entered his house
Jack Tanuan
Arnie Tuadles - murdered over a card game dispute

Hope this list stays the same for a long, long time!

DaveMap2007
07-24-2007, 05:58 PM
It's former Tanduay player David Supnet who died in that Air Philippines crash off Samal Island in Davao. I can't forget that flight because a friend of mine also perished in that same accident.

Other PBA players who are now playing in the big court in the sky:

Fort Acuna - suicide after he was fired as Toyota coach on national television
Teddy Alfarero
Alfie Almario
Gido Babilonia
Rey Cuenco
Alex Clarino
Larry Mumar
Jun Papa
Ricky Pineda - fell of the running board of a public bus
Danny Pribdhas - murdered when robbers entered his house
Jack Tanuan
Arnie Tuadles - murdered over a card game dispute

Hope this list stays the same for a long, long time!

Is That Danny Pribdhas is the father of the Danny Pribdhas of UST

And the famous FOrt Acuna which fell victim to Sonny JAworski...Sonny Jaworksi never revil the reason of their fight even after death huh.....

rycorpz
07-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Gido is in the heavens right now?

pinoypi
07-24-2007, 09:02 PM
remember parker? who played with sta lucia before..

and

alvarado? who played with tanduay..

where are they now? :)

thugpinoy
07-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Some former players who are working here in abroad. ( UAE )

Jojo Manalo - saw this guy in the supermarket in Abudhabi wearing only his " pambahay " ( parang nasa pilipinas lang )
Giovanni Pineda - they said he is working as a securtiy guard in a bank in AbuDhabi.
Rene Suba - saw Rene Suba here in Dubai riding an BMW ( bigtime )
Chaneco of FEU - working in a Laundry Shop here in Dubai.

Wondering where are this Former PBA players now..

Teroy Albarillo - played for Sunkist
Choy Estrada - also played for Sunkist
Jeffrey Graves - played for San Miguel
Danter Gonzalgo - played for La Tonde?a Franchise
Matt Makalintal - played for San Miguel
Pat Codi?era - played for Ginebra
________
Mercedes-Benz Museum Specifications (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_Museum)

saints13
07-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Gido is in the heavens right now?

you mean Gido Babilonia? I think he's a member of the coaching staff of the UE Red Warriors..

DaveMap2007
07-25-2007, 10:18 AM
you mean Gido Babilonia? I think he's a member of the coaching staff of the UE Red Warriors..

sadly he died of heart attack last january RIP............its his old disease haunting him...

DaveMap2007
07-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Some former players who are working here in abroad. ( UAE )

Jojo Manalo - saw this guy in the supermarket in Abudhabi wearing only his " pambahay " ( parang nasa pilipinas lang )

What Happen to Jojo Manalo was he stayed to long in the PBL
because of the Welcoat plans of jumping to PBA at that time
so Jojo waited till until 2002 when he decided to join the draft
with no clear picture if at that time Welcoat will be approved to enter the PBA
Jojo was considered old already for a draftee around 26 to 27 yrs old
Even his younger teammates in UPHR Chester and Gilbert catches him up in the Draft
fortunately at least he was drafted by coke in the second round although his younger
college teammates were drafted higher on him Chester was 9th and Gilbert was 16th
Jojo was 17th. (To tell you the gap between Jojo over Chester and Gilbert, Jojo even catch
the time when UPHR was then Perpetual Help College of Rizal…the school was not
yet a university then….). If Jojo had applied for the draft in 1998 or 1999 thing would
not be the same. He was then at that time at his amateur peak. With Younger guards
arriving in the years along with Fil-Ams its was very short for him to develop that
professional solidness and respect one gets by longer experience….he showed
up with Talk N Text for a short time and gone…………..
Now that Welcoat is in the PBA where is Jojo now well in UAE working not a star
but an ordinary company worker (as you said) enjoying the oil incomes of the arabs
that fuels their economy too bad their oil wells are doomed to depletion

bolabasket
07-25-2007, 10:49 AM
sadly he died of heart attack last january RIP............its his old disease haunting him...
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/gido.gif

source:
http://www.varsitarian.com/detail.asp?ArticleID=7808310011&Sections=Sports

sickcurtain_16
07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Chito Victolero now owns Chlomars, patahian ng Jersey.:D

Our team's their customer for three years now. The quality is good anyway, just like botak. He delivers the jerseys by himself with some of his assistants.hehehe

rycorpz
07-25-2007, 12:27 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/gido.gif

source:
http://www.varsitarian.com/detail.asp?ArticleID=7808310011&Sections=Sports
I saw him last year at the sta. lucia east grand mall. he's very humble. may he rest in peace.

Fil-Aus Boy
07-25-2007, 01:59 PM

What's NBC? Sorry guys for the stupid question... Haven't been back to our motherland for awhile...

aklanarcher
07-25-2007, 02:31 PM
What's NBC? Sorry guys for the stupid question... Haven't been back to our motherland for awhile...
National Basketball Conference similar to the defunct Metropolitan Basketball Association (MBA) of yesteryears.

kch912
07-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Operating his own transportation business in Sydney, Australia

just saw Bong Alvarez play a certain role in local TV series of GMA 7

kch912
07-25-2007, 09:50 PM
anyone know what happened to Noli Locsin? Benny Cheng? Jayvee Gayoso? Macky de Joya?

pinoypi
07-26-2007, 05:11 PM
what happend to parker, who played with sta. lucia before?

and

sonny alvarado? who played with tanduay?

:)

jovani_pineda
07-26-2007, 05:25 PM

and

no news about them after they were deported here.

Sakamoto
07-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Nani Demegillo played college basketball for the CCP Bobcats and had a short stint in the PBA for the Alaska team in the late 80's is a security personnel at the Sta.Lucia East Mall in Cainta Rizal.

bolabasket
07-27-2007, 07:40 AM
no news about them after they were deported here.
If Alvarado was a legit Fil-Am, he would be a shoo-in for today's RP Team.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/062_moment.jpg

bolabasket
07-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Robert Parker, Jr. (left) who owns a 40-inch vertical leap would have upstaged Danny Seigle if he was a legit Fil-Am.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/artd.jpg

bolabasket
07-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Kawika Smith (shown second from right), a 6-3 point guard and team captain of Hawaii Pacific University, Rob Parker's teammate, could have followed Parker in the PBA if not for the Fil-Sham issue.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/kawika.gif

Four Rings
07-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Danny Florencio lives a few miles from where i live. I was told he works as a custodian and married to an american. I saw Etok Lobo back in 1991 when i was in Chicago. Ponky Alolor is somewhere here in the bay area.

bolabasket
07-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Danny Florencio lives a few miles from where i live. I was told he works as a custodian and married to an american. I saw Etok Lobo back in 1991 when i was in Chicago. Ponky Alolor is somewhere here in the bay area.
You mean San Francisco....right? He's working as a hospital utility clerk and plans to return to RP when he retires from work.

jovani_pineda
07-28-2007, 02:21 PM

yeah, that's right....i'm wondering if alvarado, parker and alvadaro segovia are true fil. and able to play at the 2002 busan?nyahahaha...just my imagination.

Dinamita
07-30-2007, 11:19 AM
yeah, that's right....i'm wondering if alvarado, parker and alvadaro segovia are true fil. and able to play at the 2002 busan?nyahahaha...just my imagination.

how about davon harp? where is he now? also SMITH of san miguel... sabay sila ni ildefonso na rookie...

DaveMap2007
07-31-2007, 10:37 AM
how about davon harp? where is he now? also SMITH of san miguel... sabay sila ni ildefonso na rookie...

Davonn is bak in Ohio, USA his hometown.....he brought along his son Davonn Harp Jr. Dislike the Redbull Management prioritizing Mick only on their case

Steve Smith was a 30 yr old rookie at that time and we he got injured left the country back in the US....

thugpinoy
08-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Eh How about..
Cris Clay?? - the " white thunder " of MBA's Laguna Lakers
Jeffrey Flowers? - the Center of Laguna Lakers
Dean Labayen? - the Fil-Am of Negros Slashers
John Ordonio? - the Kobe lookalike who happends to have a beautiful wife.
Richie Ticzon? - the " velvet touch " of Shell
Dondon Mendoza? - touted before as the future of the PBA, played for ANA Water in the PBL
Jun Cannoneo? - good PG before, one of the journeyman in the PBL.
Duremdes of Adamson? - brother of Kenneth Duremdes

Servinio
08-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Eh How about..
Cris Clay?? - the " white thunder " of MBA's Laguna Lakers
After his stint with Santa Lucia, Christopher Clay went back to his old team in Hungary. Last spotted working in the United States.

Jeffrey Flowers? - the Center of Laguna Lakers
Jeff Flowers and his Filipina wife Chiqui and their two daughters have since relocated to the United States about a year or two ago. After his playing days, Jeff tried to enter coaching and conducted basketball camps.

Dean Labayen? - the Fil-Am of Negros Slashers
Dean Labayen returned to Canada. He was supposed to play for Pop Cola after his MBA stint but he opted to stay in Canada since he has a college degree.

John Ordonio? - the Kobe lookalike who happends to have a beautiful wife.
John Ordonio decided to return to the United States with his local basketball options now zero.

Richie Ticzon? - the " velvet touch " of Shell
Richie Ticzon is now an assistant coach with one of the San Miguel teams in the PBA. Ticzon played in the MBA for Cagayan de Oro from 1999 to 2000. In 2001, he managed to get back in the PBA via Alaska and played until 2002.

Dondon Mendoza? - touted before as the future of the PBA, played for ANA Water in the PBL
Dondon Mendoza played for Holcim Pryce Pharma-MisOr in lthe 2006 Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association season. Dondon has decided to take a temporary leave from playing this year because he and his wife are expecting their first child.

Jun Cannoneo? - good PG before, one of the journeyman in the PBL.
Jun or Champion Canoneo has joined his family in Canada (or was it the United States) last year. He resigned from his playing job with Cebu Landmaster of the MVBA when his papers were approved. Canoneo had MBA stops at Socsargen and Cagayan de Oro.

Duremdes of Adamson? - brother of Kenneth Duremdes
Jojit Duremdes played briefly in the professional MBA and has the distinction of being part of the first-ever trade in league history when the Batangas Blades sent him to the Davao Eagles (for who or what, I forgot). Jojit played college ball at the University of the East.

thugpinoy
08-03-2007, 08:29 PM
After his stint with Santa Lucia, Christopher Clay went back to his old team in Hungary. Last spotted working in the United States.

Jeff Flowers and his Filipina wife Chiqui and their two daughters have since relocated to the United States about a year or two ago. After his playing days, Jeff tried to enter coaching and conducted basketball camps.

Dean Labayen returned to Canada. He was supposed to play for Pop Cola after his MBA stint but he opted to stay in Canada since he has a college degree.

John Ordonio decided to return to the United States with his local basketball options now zero.

Richie Ticzon is now an assistant coach with one of the San Miguel teams in the PBA. Ticzon played in the MBA for Cagayan de Oro from 1999 to 2000. In 2001, he managed to get back in the PBA via Alaska and played until 2002.

Dondon Mendoza played for Holcim Pryce Pharma-MisOr in lthe 2006 Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association season. Dondon has decided to take a temporary leave from playing this year because he and his wife are expecting their first child.

Jun or Champion Canoneo has joined his family in Canada (or was it the United States) last year. He resigned from his playing job with Cebu Landmaster of the MVBA when his papers were approved. Canoneo had MBA stops at Socsargen and Cagayan de Oro.

Jojit Duremdes played briefly in the professional MBA and has the distinction of being part of the first-ever trade in league history when the Batangas Blades sent him to the Davao Eagles (for who or what, I forgot). Jojit played college ball at the University of the East.

wow. where are you working bro? seems you know every in's and out's about our local players..

YinkaDare
08-03-2007, 09:13 PM
:D Guys..!

What happened to my Idol...Dong Polistico?

Any relevant information?

thugpinoy
08-03-2007, 09:46 PM

LOLZ, i thought you idol is Ponky Alolor, Ed Ducut and Bookis Advani??
Joke! :D

YinkaDare
08-03-2007, 09:50 PM
LOLZ, i thought you idol is Ponky Alolor, Ed Ducut and Bookis Advani??
Joke! :D

HAHAHA I remember those funny names in PBA..

And the likes of Jun Paguinto, Dicky Bachman

saints13
08-04-2007, 03:43 AM

and

Parker was deported silently :) and he brought stigma on the Realtors franchise, after his deportation, Sta. Lucia vowed not to get half-breds or so-called Fil-ams together with the Air21 franchise. It was only lately, when they had last minute change of mind in choosing Kelly Williams over their 1st choice Arwind Santos.

btw, it was Sean Chambers who knew Parker, he was shocked when he saw Parker play in the PBA as a local, he thought that Parker was half-latino or something but not a Filipino. it was when Chambers aired what he knew about Parker that made doubts about the so called Fil-sham. I've read the thing on a magazine not related to the PBA, Parker was silently deported and the PBA never mentioned about his status, bigla na lang siya nawala sa TV unlike the rest wherein it was clearly stated that they falsified documents like Al Segova and Sonny Alvarado.

translation:
Parker suddenly disappeared in PBA Games

DaveMap2007
08-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Parker was deported silently :) and he brought stigma on the Realtors franchise, after his deportation, Sta. Lucia vowed not to get half-breds or so-called Fil-ams together with the Air21 franchise. It was only lately, when they had last minute change of mind in choosing Kelly Williams over their 1st choice Arwind Santos.

btw, it was Sean Chambers who knew Parker, he was shocked when he saw Parker play in the PBA as a local, he thought that Parker was half-latino or something but not a Filipino. it was when Chambers aired what he knew about Parker that made doubts about the so called Fil-sham. I've read the thing on a magazine not related to the PBA, Parker was silently deported and the PBA never mentioned about his status, bigla na lang siya nawala sa TV unlike the rest wherein it was clearly stated that they falsified documents like Al Segova and Sonny Alvarado.

translation:

i though Sam Unera brought him in the Philippines along with the import Kwan Johnson....By the way before Robparker voluntarily left the country he left a ton of phone bills, credits and other expenses that Sta Lucia received.....Just an asshole...........his Middle name is Medalla and claims that his mother hails from Batangas...Well we all know that hes a Mulato........

jovani_pineda
08-04-2007, 10:12 AM

translation:

yeah. it made a big news and a lot of fil-am's where questioned. too bad.

DaveMap2007
08-04-2007, 10:22 AM
yeah. it made a big news and a lot of fil-am's where questioned. too bad.

blamed the agents....specially Sam Unera and others...

watiwawa
08-04-2007, 10:31 AM

don't no if this is sure... ive heard news that sonny alvarado wants to go back to PBA after the controversial trade that includes reavis, mamaril and hatfield to ginebra.. he wants to team up with menk and hatfield.. dunno if true

Dinamita
08-04-2007, 10:53 AM
don't no if this is sure... ive heard news that sonny alvarado wants to go back to PBA after the controversial trade that includes reavis, mamaril and hatfield to ginebra.. he wants to team up with menk and hatfield.. dunno if true

He need to show it first that he is a FIL-AM and not a FIL-SHAM...
:D :D :D

If its true then we can still use him for WBC... when is the next WBC???

and how old is Alvarado now?
looks like he's on his 30's....

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 11:06 AM
He need to show it first that he is a FIL-AM and not a FIL-SHAM...
:D :D :D

If its true then we can still use him for WBC... when is the next WBC???

and how old is Alvarado now?
looks like he's on his 30's....

2010 in Turkey.. the qualifying is in 2009 ( no host country yet )
im sure Sam Unera will bring bunch of selections in choosing the " naturalize " one.

Servinio
08-04-2007, 08:14 PM

Your idol Adriano "Dong" Polistico lives these days in Cagayan de Oro City. Sometimes, he participates in local leagues. Polistico ended his pro career with two seasons with the MBA's Iloilo Megavoltz from 1999 to 2000.

Servinio
08-04-2007, 08:21 PM
i though Sam Unera brought him in the Philippines along with the import Kwan Johnson....By the way before Robparker voluntarily left the country he left a ton of phone bills, credits and other expenses that Sta Lucia received.....Just an asshole...........his Middle name is Medalla and claims that his mother hails from Batangas...Well we all know that hes a Mulato........
Another angle to the story is that Robert Parker had to leave at once because of a threat of a lawsuit to be filed by a woman against him for allegedly spitting on her face at a popular disco.

saints13
08-04-2007, 08:23 PM

maybe Sonny Alvarado is related to Max Alvarado :D

saints13
08-04-2007, 08:27 PM
how about Chris Clay? he played a couple of times for the RP NT in the Jones Cup..and he was a mainstay in the MBA's Air21 franchise Laguna Lakers together with Jeffrey Flowers..

question about Chris Clay..forget about Flowers..if he claims to be a Filipino, how come he played in PBA as a combo-import of Sta. Lucia during the time when the PBA allowed 2 imports back in 2002 (if I'm not mistaken)

will somebody enlighten me about this issue? sayang ang Texas Tornado e, nandito na sa Pinas, e umalis pa. :D

translation:
Chris Clay doesn't look like Filipino at all. :D

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 08:36 PM

saints13 :)

saints13
08-04-2007, 08:47 PM
ah so, Mr. Clay is on Hungary, maybe he was hungry here in RP so he opted to go somewhere else and he managed to be in Hungary..LOL

what I meant was..what is he, is he a qualified, even 1% Filipino-blood running through his white American veins? :) I wanna know if he was considered a Fil-am in the MBA, how come he was an import in the PBA? does he have the same case as Alex Compton, a foreigner that was born here in the Philippines that's why the MBA let him play as a mainstay?

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 08:54 PM
ah so, Mr. Clay is on Hungary, maybe he was hungry here in RP so he opted to go somewhere else and he managed to be in Hungary..LOL

what I meant was..what is he, is he a qualified, even 1% Filipino-blood running through his white American veins? :) I wanna know if he was considered a Fil-am in the MBA, how come he was an import in the PBA? does he have the same case as Alex Compton, a foreigner that was born here in the Philippines that's why the MBA let him play as a mainstay?

No, by playing as an import simply shows that you are not a legit pinoy. maybe he's a 25% Fil-?? but its questionable. he came as an import during the time where players from the disbanned MBA are jumping into PBA, he became so eager to play and show his stuff in the PBA.
i think he played with Kwan Johnson as an import ( not sure )

saints13
08-04-2007, 08:58 PM
No, by playing as an import simply shows that you are not a legit pinoy. maybe he's a 25% Fil-?? but its questionable. he came as an import during the time where players from the disbanned MBA are jumping into PBA, he became so eager to play and show his stuff in the PBA.
i think he played with Kwan Johnson as an import ( not sure )

so the PBA was eager to show that the defunct-MBA was a mediocre league..LOL..saying "look, you're so-called Fil-Am just signed in as a transitional import"..or maybe he's too hungry to get a job that's why he bit the offer of being an import without hoping of being considered as a legit mainstay someday.. :D

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 09:11 PM
so the PBA was eager to show that the defunct-MBA was a mediocre league..LOL..saying "look, you're so-called Fil-Am just signed in as a transitional import"..or maybe he's too hungry to get a job that's why he bit the offer of being an import without hoping of being considered as a legit mainstay someday.. :D

Yeah, but if he waited.. up to now he is still waiting.. but i remember he played good against Selecta-RP in a official PBA game.

saints13
08-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah, but if he waited.. up to now he is still waiting.. but i remember he played good against Selecta-RP in a official PBA game.

oh really? waiting to be an import or a local? well if that's true, he may play in the PBL. :)

Dinamita
08-04-2007, 09:17 PM
It should have been a good match up...
CLAY going against HATFIELD...

are these two teammates in MBA?:confused:

Servinio
08-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Actually, Christopher Clay already played in Hungary as an import prior to his coming over to the Philippines in 1999. He just returned to his old employer after leaving the Philippines in 2002. Sadly, Clay reportedly injured his jaw so he was not able to finish the Hungarian league season that year. After that, he went back to the United States.

During the early years of the MBA, it had laxer rules regarding Fil-foreign players wherein only a special work permit was required. Clay thus secured this permit as his ticket to play.

The league later revised its rules to be uniform with that of the PBA wherein the Fil-foreign players would now be required to secure a confirmation from the Department of Justice (DOJ).

Clay simply became an import because first and foremost, he was essentially coming in at midseason so he could not just join any PBA team as a free agent as it was required for any local player to apply first for the Rookie Draft at the start of the season. It is to be noted that Clay sat out the final games of his MBA team the Panagasinan Waves due to a contract dispute and even refused to join the MBA All-Stars at the 2002 Jones Cup. Apparently, he probably needed the money. Clay could not wait so he decided to play as an import.

Alex Compton was the main beneficiary of the "Compton Rule" wherein the MBA Board took note of his special case and allowed foreigners born in the Philippines to play as locals. Compton was not the only player who benefitted from the rule. Guard Lenny Reyes of the Cagayan de Oro Nuggets, an American citizen born in the Philippines, was also allowed. Reyes though became an American by naturalization while Compton was an American since birth.

When Compton played in the 2006-2007 PBA Second Conference as a second import for Welcoat, it was a special concession given to the Dragons in order for them to be competitive after a so-so First Conference.

Servinio
08-04-2007, 09:20 PM

Yes, both Rudy Hatfield and Chris Clay were teammates at the MBA's Laguna Lakers in 1999. Both players came in at different times in midseason. Hatfield would leave before the start of the 2000 season to sign with Tanduay in the PBA as a free agent.

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 09:21 PM

i think Hatfield played for a Northern team ( not sure ) and Clay played for LAguna Lakers.

i think he failed to get something in BID or in NBI, he opted to play rather than waiting and waste time and money.

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Actually, Christopher Clay already played in Hungary as an import prior to his coming over to the Philippines in 1999. He just returned to his old employer after leaving the Philippines in 2002. Sadly, Clay reportedly injured his jaw so he was not able to finish the Hungarian league season that year. After that, he went back to the United States.

During the early years of the MBA, it had laxer rules regarding Fil-foreign players wherein only a special work permit was required. Clay thus secured this permit as his ticket to play.

The league later revised its rules to be uniform with that of the PBA wherein the Fil-foreign players would now be required to secure a confirmation from the Department of Justice (DOJ).

Clay simply became an import because first and foremost, he was essentially coming in at midseason so he could not just join any PBA team as a free agent as it was required for any local player to apply first for the Rookie Draft at the start of the season. It is to be noted that Clay sat out the final games of his MBA team the Panagasinan Waves due to a contract dispute and even refused to join the MBA All-Stars at the 2002 Jones Cup. Apparently, he probably needed the money. Clay could not wait so he decided to play as an import.

Alex Compton was the main beneficiary of the "Compton Rule" wherein the MBA Board took note of his special case and allowed foreigners born in the Philippines to play as locals. Compton was not the only player who benefitted from the rule. Guard Lenny Reyes of the Cagayan de Oro Nuggets, an American citizen born in the Philippines, was also allowed. Reyes though became an American by naturalization while Compton was an American since birth.

When Compton played in the 2006-2007 PBA Second Conference as a second import for Welcoat, it was a special concession given to the Dragons in order for them to be competitive after a so-so First Conference.

very good in history.. :D

Alex Compton can still play as a local player in the future or it was waived already by playing as an import?

saints13
08-04-2007, 09:28 PM
well, I'm glad that Mr. Servinio here is our resident Wikipedia when it comes to detailed profile and history of players!!! :D

Mabuhay ka! :D

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 09:32 PM
well, I'm glad that Mr. Servinio here is our resident Wikipedia when it comes to detailed profile and history of players!!! :D

Mabuhay ka! :D

Guy version of Beth Celis :D

Servinio
08-04-2007, 09:41 PM

Alex Compton can still play as a local player in the future or it was waived already by playing as an import?
I've known the guy personally for nearly a decade now but sad to say the PBA rules will never allow him to play as a local. The concession given to Welcoat clearly states that Compton will be a second import.

Now, the PBA has made a new rule wherein the lousy teams in the 2007-2008 All-Filipino Conference will be allowed a second import in the ensuing Reinforced Conference.

Personally, I hope the PBA allow Alex to suit up during the All-Filipino and he be classified as a local. For the nth time, he is more Filipino than some of the Filipinos!

saints13
08-04-2007, 09:43 PM

I've watched an interview back then, Compton was offered a Filipino citizenship but he refused... he said that he'll miss his family in America.
btw, he knew his chances in RP through his brother who was teaching in BRENT IS, and when asked what he'll be doing after his basketball career, he said that he'd be willing to be a teacher someday, but look now, he's still active on the court for Welcoat :)

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I've known the guy personally for nearly a decade now but sad to say the PBA rules will never allow him to play as a local. The concession given to Welcoat clearly states that Compton will be a second import.

Now, the PBA has made a new rule wherein the lousy teams in the 2007-2008 All-Filipino Conference will be allowed a second import in the ensuing Reinforced Conference.

Personally, I hope the PBA allow Alex to suit up during the All-Filipino and he be classified as a local. For the nth time, he is more Filipino than some of the Filipinos!

Agree. he even speaks Tagalog fluently compare with Asi and those " i miss mo " commercial players.

saints13
08-04-2007, 09:50 PM
how about the beautiful lady together with Alex Compton in the CoffeeMate commercial, are they real life sweethearts?

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Your idol Adriano "Dong" Polistico lives these days in Cagayan de Oro City. Sometimes, he participates in local leagues. Polistico ended his pro career with two seasons with the MBA's Iloilo Megavoltz from 1999 to 2000.

The idol of Yinkadare.. :)

YinkaDare
08-04-2007, 09:57 PM
The idol of Yinkadare.. :)

Yeah..He is my idol back then specially his Bigote/Mustache.:D

How about Kenny Evans who once played for Talk n text?:confused:

acid_taulava
08-04-2007, 10:00 PM
what happened to chris bolado? pls i need an answer!!!

saints13
08-04-2007, 10:00 PM

that was the other guy aside from Jon Ordonio whom they [the media and the press releases] said that looks and moves like Kobe Bryant..he's more of a joke than a stuff compared to Ordonio.. :)

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 10:05 PM

I've heard in the news that bolado and bonel balingit were one of the investors of that " swiss-franc " thingy.

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 10:06 PM

dude, who is that guy on your Avatar??? he looks like Henry James.

YinkaDare
08-04-2007, 10:09 PM
that was the other guy aside from Jon Ordonio whom they [the media and the press releases] said that looks and moves like Kobe Bryant..he's more of a joke than a stuff compared to Ordonio.. :)

He really improved a lot before he disappeared. He could have impressed more and done a lot.:rolleyes:

YinkaDare
08-04-2007, 10:11 PM
dude, who is that guy on your Avatar??? he looks like Henry James.

Oh MAN! You don't know my pic? He is Yinka Dare! The greatest NBA player of all time..Never avg. More than 1 pt. and Rbs. in his Entire career..

you could check him out in NBA.com...:confused:

saints13
08-04-2007, 10:11 PM
He really improved a lot before he disappeared. He could have impressed more and done a lot.:rolleyes:

who? Ordonio or Evans? Ordonio evolved into a defensive robot while Evans was just pure potato socks and baggy shorts. :D

Servinio
08-04-2007, 10:12 PM
When his PBA career ended, Cris Bolado found work with the San Miguel All-Stars, a group of former PBA players that toured the country promoting the company's many products through basketball. However, the team has recently been disbanded.

acid_taulava
08-04-2007, 10:13 PM
how about romy dela rosa? what happened to him?

YinkaDare
08-04-2007, 10:13 PM

hey bro.! It just happened I saw him last week at SM Valenzuela Buying Brownies. I thought of having an autograph but I got Shy. Damm..He is Big!:cool: :cool:

It is true.

YinkaDare
08-04-2007, 10:16 PM
who? Ordonio or Evans? Ordonio evolved into a defensive robot while Evans was just pure potato socks and baggy shorts. :D

I was mentioning Kenny Evans. Hehe

saints13
08-04-2007, 10:16 PM

the tagteam of Max Delantes back in the Limpot-led Sta. Lucia Realtors :D

where is that guy, he immitated Dennis Rodman during his last PBA seasons, he colors his hair everytime..LOL

I wonder where his brother Ruben dela Rosa ,the slamdunker, is right now?

Servinio
08-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Romy dela Rosa and his family is now living in California. Sometimes, he plays in Fil-Am community leagues there.

After the PBA, Romy played in the MBA for Negros (1999-2000), Davao (2001)and Pampanga (2002).

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh MAN! You don't know my pic? He is Yinka Dare! The greatest NBA player of all time..Never avg. More than 1 pt. and Rbs. in his Entire career..

you could check him out in NBA.com...:confused:

LOLZ.. HAHAHAHA.. now i understand who is Yinka Dare.. sorry :D

Servinio
08-04-2007, 10:22 PM
the tagteam of Max Delantes back in the Limpot-led Sta. Lucia Realtors :D

where is that guy, he immitated Dennis Rodman during his last PBA seasons, he colors his hair everytime..LOL

I wonder where his brother Ruben dela Rosa ,the slamdunker, is right now?
Ruben dela Rosa is also in the United States just like his older brother Romy. Ruben played for the MBA's Manila Metrostars and RCPI Negros Slashers. After the MBA, he played for M. Lhuillier and also got employed in the Middle East.

YinkaDare
08-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Romy dela Rosa and his family is now living in California. Sometimes, he plays in Fil-Am community leagues there.

After the PBA, Romy played in the MBA for Negros (1999-2000), Davao (2001)and Pampanga (2002).

Thanks! Wikipedia Man! LOLZ

saints13
08-04-2007, 10:25 PM
This thread has been a Wikipedia..and a locator/Wikimapia as well :D

hail Mr. Servinio..the GPS of ex-PBA players.. :D

acid_taulava
08-04-2007, 10:25 PM
really? if you're going to see him again.. ask him what's up? and ask him what his plan for this year! and dont be shy to get his autograph.. :)

hey bro.! It just happened I saw him last week at SM
Valenzuela Buying Brownies. I thought of having an autograph but I got Shy. Damm..He is Big!:cool: :cool:

It is true.

thugpinoy
08-04-2007, 10:26 PM

How about Abe King? heard he's into drugs?
Jasper Ocampo - former PBA 3point King
Elmer Reyes - one of the " bigotilyo " in the PBA
Lago Brothers - Elmer and Dwight
Noynoy Chuatico - onced played for Ginebra then Purefoods
Dante Gonzalgo ?
Jannelle So? - just curious where she is

saints13
looks ironic..a big guy like Jumbo Bolado eating a piece of cake..a brownies :D LOL

YinkaDare
really? if you're going to see him again.. ask him what's up? and ask him what his plan for this year! and dont be shy to get his autograph.. :)

yah No Problem

saints13
08-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Dante Gonzalgo ?

Abe King? isnt he a politician right now? :)
Lago Brothers - I don't know about Elmer, but Dwight married the daughter of Vic Vic Villavicencio, the Triple V Restaurant Magnate
Janelle So - he's on FHM Philippines years ago, and she's hot :D

the rest, I don't know..lol :D

YinkaDare
08-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Dante Gonzalgo ?

Oh yeah those guys where are they now?

By the Way Elmer Reyes, was just here in our place a week ago. I was about to play in our BB court and then I saw a tall man and I realized it was Elmer Reyes! Still looks the same. though kinda old already. Then i've heard his friend told him "O bossing may court pla dito oh./Hey Boss, There is a court in here". Hehe It's true..:D

acid_taulava
08-04-2007, 10:32 PM
thanks for the updates! i miss them so much!!! if you have any new information about them tell me some... thanks a lot:)

protossdomain
08-05-2007, 03:12 AM
Janelle So... That one hot, foxy, gorgeous... Whoa...ü >_<

b3lowzro
08-05-2007, 03:52 AM
I saw Janelle So in Cali, I think she's a correspondent for TFC
________
Body science (http://bodyscience.ws/)

pinoy pac fan
08-05-2007, 05:50 AM
Janelle So: 6.5 out of 10.

jovani_pineda
08-05-2007, 07:08 AM
yeah, that's why i watched pba, i'm waiting to see janelle so!!! harharhar....
any news about alex araneta?

pinoy pac fan
08-05-2007, 07:25 AM
If were talking about pretty girls that are in sports reporting and sports broadcasting, I gotta say the cutest and prettiest on e Ive seen has got to be Cesca Litton of The SolarSports Desk. With her on that show, I'd still watch it if she was reading a phone directory book.

I cant keep my eyes off the screen when she's on. Watta Q-T. :)

saints13
08-05-2007, 07:32 AM
If were talking about pretty girls that are in sports reporting and sports broadcasting, I gotta say the cutest and prettiest on e Ive seen has got to be Cesca Litton of The SolarSports Desk. With her on that show, I'd still watch it if she was reading a phone directory book.

off-topic ulet: :D

I cant keep my eyes off the screen when she's on. Watta Q-T. :)

Cesca Litton? who's that pokemon.. :D I'll check her out.. :D

http://girls.bembang.com/albums/cescalitton/cesca_litton_02.jpg

http://girls.bembang.com/albums/cescalitton/cesca_litton_01.jpg

Chinita-Tisay type.. :D that's what lures more men to sports.. :D

pinoy pac fan
08-05-2007, 07:47 AM
You could have gotten better pics of her, but the ones you got are pretty cute. Awww, look at her guys? (sigh) :o

And what makes her a perfect "sports girl" is she really does like sports. She plays soccer and she actually follows sports news like world football, world basketball, tennis, etc. and be not just a "talking head" and just reading the lines on the teleprompter. She's got that "ESPN sportscaster rythym" when she reads the news. I love it.

Off topic, so this is the last time im talking about her. thanks.

Servinio
08-05-2007, 06:31 PM
When Kenny Evans was waived by his last PBA team Talk 'N Text after the 2002 season, he stayed in the Philippines for at least two more years. He found work as a practice player with some PBA teams and played in minor leagues. In 2004, Kenny was all set to play for the Ilocos Sur Snipers in the brand new United Regional Basketball League but the league suddenly gave out a ruling before the start of the tournament that former PBA Fil-Ams are not allowed to play. In time, Kenny decided to return to the United States.

Servinio
08-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Abe King is now based in Washington, DC. I don't think he was involved with illegal drugs because when he was a Paranaque City councilor, he was a staunch anti-drug campaigner.

Jasper Ocampo is back in Michigan with his family. He last played for the Laguna Lakers in the MBA from 2000 to 2001.

After retirement, Elmer Reyes went into coaching. Among the teams he handled were La Salle-Zobel in the UAAP Juniors and Chaz Perfume in the PBL. Reyes also managed to land a job as a playing coach in Brunei in 2002. These days, he can be spotted watching his son Raffy play for the UE Warriors in the UAAP Seniors.

Both brothers are married. Elmer returned to the United States after his PBA career ended. Dwight stayed and studied for his Masters degree at AIM.

Nonoy Chuatico staged a playing comeback via the MBA's Manila Metrostars in 1998. He also was one of the team's assistant coaches.

Dante Gonzalgo ?
Just like Reyes, we may get a Dante Gonzalgo sighting at the UAAP whenever his son Dhanru of the Adamson Falcons has a game. The elder Gonzalgo coached in the PBL with ANA Freezer after his PBA stint ended.

rycorpz
08-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Abe King is now based in Washington, DC. I don't think he was involved with illegal drugs because when he was a Paranaque City councilor, he was a staunch anti-drug campaigner.

Jasper Ocampo is back in Michigan with his family. He last played for the Laguna Lakers in the MBA from 2000 to 2001.

After retirement, Elmer Reyes went into coaching. Among the teams he handled were La Salle-Zobel in the UAAP Juniors and Chaz Perfume in the PBL. Reyes also managed to land a job as a playing coach in Brunei in 2002. These days, he can be spotted watching his son Raffy play for the UE Warriors in the UAAP Seniors.

Both brothers are married. Elmer returned to the United States after his PBA career ended. Dwight stayed and studied for his Masters degree at AIM.

Nonoy Chuatico staged a playing comeback via the MBA's Manila Metrostars in 1998. He also was one of the team's assistant coaches.

Just like Reyes, we may get a Dante Gonzalgo sighting at the UAAP whenever his son Dhanru of the Adamson Falcons has a game. The elder Gonzalgo coached in the PBL with ANA Freezer after his PBA stint ended.
off topic:

Mr. Servinio your thoughts on just concluded FIBA Asia Men's Championship and ofcourse our national team

YinkaDare
08-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Hey..Speaking of former PBA players? I wonder where did Chris Jackson go?
He just disappeared. he is a defensive playah aight?:confused:

Do you have any idea guys?

saints13
08-05-2007, 07:56 PM

diba siya yun pinakasenior na player ng PBA nun 2002? reserve pa nga siya ng RP team e, tanda na yun, baka nagretire na tapos umuwi US.

translation:
stonewall jackson was the oldest player in the PBA back in 2002, he was also named as a reserve for the Busan Asian Games-bound RP NT.

thugpinoy
08-05-2007, 09:51 PM
diba siya yun pinakasenior na player ng PBA nun 2002? reserve pa nga siya ng RP team e, tanda na yun, baka nagretire na tapos umuwi US.

translation:
stonewall jackson was the oldest player in the PBA back in 2002, he was also named as a reserve for the Busan Asian Games-bound RP NT.

Yeah, maybe he's 40+ y/o now.
i remember his 3 point percentage is higher than his free throw shooting percentage.. :D

DaveMap2007
08-06-2007, 04:51 PM

I think mr.anthony have answered that....he told that he saw chris jackson along with erwin luna ex-shell player) in a mall....so his in the phil

saints13
08-06-2007, 04:55 PM
I think mr.anthony have answered that....he told that he saw chris jackson along with erwin luna ex-shell player) in a mall....so his in the phil

ah i see, so he's just around the corner :)

maybe he went out of the PBA for good together with the disbandment of Shell :)

bolabasket
08-21-2007, 03:37 AM
Former pro cager, female TV reporter exchange blows

INQUIRER.net
Last updated 09:19am (Mla time) 08/21/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- A former professional basketball player and a TV reporter figured in a scuffle inside a Mandaluyong police station Tuesday morning, a radio report said.

The brief fight happened after Paul “Bong” Alvarez allegedly elbowed ABS-CBN reporter Gretchen Malalad in the face as the latter was about to ask the former cager why he was detained in the police station, a report of radio dzMM said.

Being a taekwondo black belter and 2005 Southeast Asian Games gold medalist, Malalad instinctively defended herself and countered with several blows against Alvarez, the report said.

The apparently intoxicated Alvarez was earlier brought by barangay officials to the police station for roughing up a taxi driver whom he blamed for trying to overcharge him by taking a longer route -- passing through Boni Avenue in Mandaluyong City -- to his residence in Quiapo, Manila.

Alvarez had hailed the taxi near Hotel Rembrandt in Quezon City and initially asked the driver to take him to Pasig City but later changed his mind, the report added.

kerouac82
08-21-2007, 03:43 AM
Geez. And to think I saw Gretchen on Channel 2 just this morning. :D

Ghostrider
08-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Noli Locsin owns a restaurant/bar in Greenhills called Chivs. His wife Maita is the chef.

Mike Mustre can be spotted at San Beda games as his son plays for their HS team.

Wilmer Ong is still around. He recently bought a club share at QC sports club where I saw his application photo posted.

Boybits Victoria formerly of Coke was released allegedly because he was hitting on the girlfriend of one of the players and even sending her photos of his "privates".

Gabby Cui works as a Corporate relationship manager for PLDT.

Alvin Magpantay is part owner (together with DLSU teammate Aljun Garcia) of Circle Grille, a bar along the Mandaluyong circle.

Nonoy Chuatico is still around and is a mainstay in the Ateneo Basketball League (for Ateneo Alumni and employees) as are Chito Loyzaga, Jojo Lastimosa, Joy Carpio, Norman Black, Jayvee Gayoso (whenever he's in town) and Eric Reyes.

Dickie Bachman's company, Razelbac (?) is the exclusive distributor of And1 shoes in the Philippines. He's also an assistant coach with alaska.

I played with Mad Max Delantes in one of the barangay leagues in Mindanao. He even broke my teammate's nose while going for a rebound.

George Lizares (7up ata) recently passed away.

Alex Araneta, I believe, is in Australia.

thugpinoy
08-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Former pro cager, female TV reporter exchange blows

INQUIRER.net
Last updated 09:19am (Mla time) 08/21/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- A former professional basketball player and a TV reporter figured in a scuffle inside a Mandaluyong police station Tuesday morning, a radio report said.

The brief fight happened after Paul “Bong” Alvarez allegedly elbowed ABS-CBN reporter Gretchen Malalad in the face as the latter was about to ask the former cager why he was detained in the police station, a report of radio dzMM said.

Being a taekwondo black belter and 2005 Southeast Asian Games gold medalist, Malalad instinctively defended herself and countered with several blows against Alvarez, the report said.

The apparently intoxicated Alvarez was earlier brought by barangay officials to the police station for roughing up a taxi driver whom he blamed for trying to overcharge him by taking a longer route -- passing through Boni Avenue in Mandaluyong City -- to his residence in Quiapo, Manila.

Alvarez had hailed the taxi near Hotel Rembrandt in Quezon City and initially asked the driver to take him to Pasig City but later changed his mind, the report added.

Correction : Gretchen Malalad is not a Taekwondo Black Belter but a Karatedo Black Belter, SEA Games Gold medalist, and Asian Games Bronze Medalist..

gtrek
08-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Cadel Mosqueda and Mike Mustre now in UK and their children play good basketball there..

Burndvinyard
08-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Jayvee Gayoso (whenever he's in town)

Jayvee Gayoso is the coach of the Lyceum of Batangas basketball team. I was one of his team consultants. :cool:

Romulo "Mama" Mamaril is my favorite shuttle service driver every morning, driving from my place in lower Antipolo en route to Makati. He owns the Toyota Hi-Ace that he's driving.;)

on another note, i just wanna let you know guys that Coaches Jong and Chot are members of this forum.;)

pinoy pac fan
08-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Art Dela Cruz: aside from being an assistant coach in the PBA, he's now also one of the biggest dealers of San Miguel Beer products in central Luzon.

He lives in his (and my) hometown of Hagonoy, Bulacan, the black tiger prawn capital of the Philippines. If your eating sugpo right now, chances are it came all the way from Hagonoy.

He might have acted like a caveman with a hairtrigger temper in his playing days, but when you meet him in person, he's a really nice guy. You ask him for free PBA tickets, Art gives you free tickets. And he helped the town's badminton club to raise funds for new taraflex(?) courts.

Ethan_clark16
08-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Off-topic:

Hi Burndvinyard,

Are you a former PBA player? just curious...

thnx!

Jayvee Gayoso is the coach of the Lyceum of Batangas basketball team. I was one of his team consultants. :cool:

Romulo "Mama" Mamaril is my favorite shuttle service driver every morning, driving from my place in lower Antipolo en route to Makati. He owns the Toyota Hi-Ace that he's driving.;)

on another note, i just wanna let you know guys that Coaches Jong and Chot are members of this forum.;)

RayV
08-22-2007, 04:42 PM

Whoa!! Now this is a surprising development!! Uhmm...questions: How'd you know they really have accounts in this forum?? If this is true, do they constantly check out the forums? :eek:

Burndvinyard
08-23-2007, 03:50 AM
Off-topic:

Hi Burndvinyard,

Are you a former PBA player? just curious...

thnx!

naah...never made it...but the premier amateur league? yeaahhhh...;)

Burndvinyard
08-23-2007, 03:52 AM
Whoa!! Now this is a surprising development!! Uhmm...questions: How'd you know they really have accounts in this forum?? If this is true, do they constantly check out the forums? :eek:

i know for a fact.:cool: the last time i know they checked out this forum was in June. pure readers and observers though...;)

bolabasket
08-23-2007, 04:08 AM
i know for a fact.:cool: the last time i know they checked out this forum was in June. pure readers and observers though...;)
they're taking cues from the geniuses here...

jfol
08-23-2007, 10:54 AM
omanzie rodriguez former san mig player is a graduate of nursing...had a chance to be his classmate recently when we had our review ...didnt talk to him though..maybe he took up nursing to go to the US and try it out in the nba..joke:)

Lebron23
08-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Omanzie Rodriguez is a decent player while he is playing for the San Juan Knights in the defunct Metropolitan Basketball Association. I believe he lead the league twice in the shoot blocking department and popularly known as the human eraser.

It is very shame that he did not trascend his success in the PBA after the MBA Went out of business.

bolabasket
08-24-2007, 03:37 AM
Omanzie Rodriguez is a decent player while he is playing for the San Juan Knights in the defunct Metropolitan Basketball Association. I believe he lead the league twice in the shoot blocking department and popularly known as the human eraser.

It is very shame that he did not trascend his success in the PBA after the MBA Went out of business.
Omanzie's now with Purefoods as practice player...

kerouac82
08-24-2007, 03:53 AM
The thing with Omanzie is he simply didn't have any offense. Yes, he was a good shotblocker, but even that wasn't enough as he was too thin. His body couldn't stand the relentless pounding of the Taulavas and Peeks in the PBA.

Now, where in the world are Brixter Encarnacion and Lowell Briones?

bolabasket
08-24-2007, 04:04 AM
The thing with Omanzie is he simply didn't have any offense. Yes, he was a good shotblocker, but even that wasn't enough as he was too thin. His body couldn't stand the relentless pounding of the Taulavas and Peeks in the PBA.

Now, where in the world are Brixter Encarnacion and Lowell Briones?
Lowell Briones last played with Holcim-PrycePharma of MisOr in MVBA early this year. Sporting a ponytail, he powered the team to its first MVBA championship. He's still very much fit to play ball and of course...gilrs still go gaga over him.

sickcurtain_16
08-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Gabby Cui works as a Corporate relationship manager for PLDT.

I thought that Gabby Cui continued with his song writing career with the songs like "Manny the Kalabaw" and others. hehehehe. I remember him singing his compositions during his featured half time interview. hehehehe.

Who's that pba player who is now working as a security guard in Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall? I forgot his name.

thugpinoy
08-24-2007, 08:39 PM
I thought that Gabby Cui continued with his song writing career with the songs like "Manny the Kalabaw" and others. hehehehe. I remember him singing his compositions during his featured half time interview. hehehehe.

Who's that pba player who is now working as a security guard in Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall? I forgot his name.

really??? who is he??
i know Giovanni Pineda is working as a guard in Abu Dhabi.

Servinio
08-24-2007, 08:46 PM
You are thinking about Hernani Demegillo. By the way, his proper job designation is "House Detective". You can see him walking around the mall wearing long-sleeved barong and carrying a two-way radio. :D

Since the Santa Lucia Realtors' practice facility is inside the mall, Demegillo used to join them as a practice player. I don't know if he still does so these days.

DaveMap2007
08-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Omanzie the Eraser Rodriguez...well he was a star in Mapua during his first year but due to the academic requirements of the school he was dropped after failing..............

KobeWanKenobi
08-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Actually Omanzie joined the PBL and lost his right to play in the NCAA. At the time, only third year and above players were allowed to join the PBL.

thayil
08-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Actually Omanzie joined the PBL and lost his right to play in the NCAA. At the time, only third year and above players were allowed to join the PBL.

how old is he right now?

jovani_pineda
08-26-2007, 11:56 AM
is omanzie still lives in mandaluyong? my relative told me long time ago that he was his "kapitbahay" in mandaluyong.

KobeWanKenobi
08-26-2007, 02:17 PM
how old is he right now?

He's most probably in his 30s now.

DaveMap2007
08-26-2007, 05:40 PM

Yah thats part of the cover up of his bad grade in college..well who needs a 6'7 engineer....hehehehe that also goes to Gian who need a 6'9 doctor

Servinio
08-26-2007, 07:05 PM
how old is he right now?He's most probably in his 30s now.
Omanzie Rodriguez turned 30 years old last August 1.

KobeWanKenobi
08-27-2007, 05:29 AM
Yah thats part of the cover up of his bad grade in college..well who needs a 6'7 engineer....hehehehe that also goes to Gian who need a 6'9 doctor

The world doesn't revolve around basketball. There are a lot of very tall people around the world that don't play basketball.

Examples:

Author Michael Crichton who wrote Disclosure, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Airframe, etc. is 6'7.

When I received Project management training in 2000, the American trainor who gave us training stood 6'7.

The Swedes, not known for their basketball skills are in fact the tallest people in the world. A family friend of ours is a Swedish businessman who stood 6'4 to 6'5 in height.

kerouac82
08-27-2007, 05:46 AM
^ And Senator Franklin Drilon is 6'5".

b3lowzro
08-27-2007, 10:16 AM
The world doesn't revolve around basketball. There are a lot of very tall people around the world that don't play basketball.

Examples:

Author Michael Crichton who wrote Disclosure, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Airframe, etc. is 6'7.

When I received Project management training in 2000, the American trainor who gave us training stood 6'7.

The Swedes, not known for their basketball skills are in fact the tallest people in the world. A family friend of ours is a Swedish businessman who stood 6'4 to 6'5 in height.

and dont forget DJ Spiller he's 6'9 here's his video http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lsbzIQ_1HOo

sickcurtain_16
08-27-2007, 04:50 PM
You are thinking about Hernani Demegillo. By the way, his proper job designation is "House Detective". You can see him walking around the mall wearing long-sleeved barong and carrying a two-way radio. :D

Since the Santa Lucia Realtors' practice facility is inside the mall, Demegillo used to join them as a practice player. I don't know if he still does so these days.

Thanks! Astig! hehehe. I just forgot the guy's name. I saw him once there.

DaveMap2007
08-27-2007, 05:44 PM
then thats great we will have a very tall doctor in the future.......

Burndvinyard
08-28-2007, 01:48 AM
is omanzie still lives in mandaluyong? my relative told me long time ago that he was his "kapitbahay" in mandaluyong.

mandaluyong? i always see him every weekend at the Sta. Lucia Grand Mall in Cainta with his wife/gf(?). will ask him next time around about his exact humble abode's location. ;)

jfol
08-28-2007, 09:53 AM
then thats great we will have a very tall doctor in the future.......

and a 6'6 nurse in omanzie rodriguez:)

pinoy pac fan
08-28-2007, 12:22 PM
..and a 6'8 chiropractor Mick Pennisi.

DaveMap2007
08-29-2007, 04:00 PM
well its not that bad....we may not be excelling in basketball....but we willl have a lot of records in our Philippine Guiness version......

Gian Chiu - tallest doctor from the philippines
Omanzie Rodriguez - tallest nurse from the philippines
Mick Pennisi - tallest chiropractor in the philippines
EJ Feihl - tallest loser in the philippines
Alex Crisano - tallest scandal involve male in the philippines

jramoyo
08-29-2007, 04:26 PM
well its not that bad....we may not be excelling in basketball....but we willl have a lot of records in our Philippine Guiness version......

Gian Chiu - tallest doctor from the philippines
Omanzie Rodriguez - tallest nurse from the philippines
Mick Pennisi - tallest chiropractor in the philippines
EJ Feihl - tallest loser in the philippines
Alex Crisano - tallest scandal involve male in the philippines

i just can't help but notice how a lot of people here belittle ej feihl...

ok, he's no shaq... not even an asi...

but remember right after his 98 centennial team stint, he improved a lot under tim cone... developed a wider array of post-up moves, positioning etc...

it was really under jaworski where ej failed to impress... but its kinda expected since jaworski is not really the motivating kind of coach... remember that he's the one quoted saying "ang laki mong tanga" against feihl...

KobeWanKenobi
08-29-2007, 05:00 PM

but remember right after his 98 centennial team stint, he improved a lot under tim cone... developed a wider array of post-up moves, positioning etc...

it was really under jaworski where ej failed to impress... but its kinda expected since jaworski is not really the motivating kind of coach... remember that he's the one quoted saying "ang laki mong tanga" against feihl...

Actually EJ played well under Jaworski especially when he was partnered with Marlou Aquino to for the twin tower Ginebra/Anejo frontcourt. However, things got to EJ's head and he forced himself out of Ginebra and from there he played poorly never reaching the level he showed in the twin tower lineup of Ginebra.

DaveMap2007
08-29-2007, 09:39 PM

if you love mediocrity so be it....

RetiredJordanStopper
08-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Lowell Briones last played with Holcim-PrycePharma of MisOr in MVBA early this year. Sporting a ponytail, he powered the team to its first MVBA championship. He's still very much fit to play ball and of course...gilrs still go gaga over him.

...and Lowell Briones used to lived-in with soft-porn starlet Rita Magdalena

jramoyo
08-30-2007, 11:09 AM
if you love mediocrity so be it....
no, but mediocrity doesn't spell the word l-o-s-e-r to me...

b3lowzro
08-30-2007, 05:03 PM
enough with EJ Feihl... he's no loser, my dad told the he's the champ in the pizza eating contest in Don Henrico's resto

thugpinoy
08-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Actually EJ played well under Jaworski especially when he was partnered with Marlou Aquino to for the twin tower Ginebra/Anejo frontcourt. However, things got to EJ's head and he forced himself out of Ginebra and from there he played poorly never reaching the level he showed in the twin tower lineup of Ginebra.

He actually refused the offer of La Todeña when his contract ended, instead, he signed up for AMA Computer in the PBL to become one of the Highest Paid Player in the history of PBL.

Servinio
08-30-2007, 06:18 PM
FORMER PBA player Joey Marquez was recently sentenced to as much as 50 years in prison for graft and corruption during his term as Mayor of Paranaque City from 1995 to 2004. The case stems from the City Government's purchase of overpriced brooms to be used by street sweepers. Marquez has posted bail and will appeal the ruling.

Burndvinyard
08-31-2007, 01:41 AM
FORMER PBA player Joey Marquez was recently sentenced to as much as 50 years in prison for graft and corruption during his term as Mayor of Paranaque City from 1995 to 2004. The case stems from the City Government's purchase of overpriced brooms to be used by street sweepers. Marquez has posted bail and will appeal the ruling.

That is why command responsibility is really scary. :eek: Bad thing, magnifying lenses are focused on celebs.

bolabasket
08-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Meneses in St. Luke's sportsfest
Journal Online
August 31, 2007

Former PBA superstar Vergel Meneses will grace the opening of St. Luke's College of Nursing sportsfest to be held at the Henry Noble gym in Trinity University in Quezon City.

Meneses, one of the "PBA's 25 Greatest Players", will receive a plaque of appreciation from the St Luke's College of Nursing for his contributions in sports, especially in basketball.

Also gracing the event are RP women's team manager Alex Wang of multi-titled Wang's Ballclub, Alex Jaleco of Aquadys and coach Loreto "Ato" Tolentino of University of manila.

Meneses and the members of Wang's Ballclub will also play an exibition game against the faculty of St Luke's College of Nursing at 11 a.m..

Joining Meneses on the team are former PBA player-turned-coach Buboy Rodriguez and TV star Antonio Aquitania.

Also in the team are Ryan Regalado, Ronnie Matias, Samuel Ignacio, Joeward Jamil and former RP Youth player Gerald Roxas.

The three day event is being organized by the Student Nurses Association.

bolabasket
08-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Meneses in St. Luke's sportsfest
Journal Online
August 31, 2007

Former PBA superstar Vergel Meneses will grace the opening of St. Luke's College of Nursing sportsfest to be held at the Henry Noble gym in Trinity University in Quezon City.

Meneses, one of the "PBA's 25 Greatest Players", will receive a plaque of appreciation from the St Luke's College of Nursing for his contributions in sports, especially in basketball.

Also gracing the event are RP women's team manager Alex Wang of multi-titled Wang's Ballclub, Alex Jaleco of Aquadys and coach Loreto "Ato" Tolentino of University of manila.

Meneses and the members of Wang's Ballclub will also play an exibition game against the faculty of St Luke's College of Nursing at 11 a.m..

Joining Meneses on the team are former PBA player-turned-coach Buboy Rodriguez and TV star Antonio Aquitania.

Also in the team are Ryan Regalado, Ronnie Matias, Samuel Ignacio, Joeward Jamil and former RP Youth player Gerald Roxas.

The three day event is being organized by the Student Nurses Association.

donmar
09-02-2007, 03:08 AM

SHAME!!!!!

L8DBACK
09-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Danny Florencio ?

Abet Guidaben?

Jun Papa?

Michael Kutch?

Servinio
09-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Danny Florencio ?

Abet Guidaben?

Jun Papa?

Michael Kutch?
Adriano "Jun" Papa passed away around two years ago.

Abet Guidaben, Danny Florencio and Rudolf Kutch have all settled down in the United States, with Guidaben being the most recent migrant (around three years ago?). I am not that sure though in what particular state they are residing in right now although I have a feeling that Kutch and Florencio are most likely in California.

Ghostrider
09-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Danny Florencio, Francis Arnaiz and Ateneo's Jun Ross all live within walking distance of each other in Sacramento, California.

Regarding the Joey Marquez scenario, he was convicted of graft by the Sandiganbayan for his failure to conduct a public bidding for the brooms. The overprice, if any, was for a relatively insignificant amount (Php 2.3 million for 143,000 walis tingting w/ long broomhandle). If my computation is right, Php 16.00 per broom, which IMHO is a very reasonable price considering it has a long broom type handle.

JET007
09-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Regarding the Joey Marquez scenario, he was convicted of graft by the Sandiganbayan for his failure to conduct a public bidding for the brooms. The overprice, if any, was for a relatively insignificant amount (Php 2.3 million for 143,000 walis tingting w/ long broomhandle). If my computation is right, Php 16.00 per broom, which IMHO is a very reasonable price considering it has a long broom type handle.
sucks for him man...his fault anyway:mad:

bubbachuck3
09-05-2007, 08:54 AM
i always see terry saldana playing every sunday morning in metro court pioneer. i think they have a sunday basketball club of some sort.. playing regularly there.

DaveMap2007
09-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Hows Eugene Tejada doing.....no news after going to the states for his therapy........anybody knows whats his status...is he able to walk already?

ankle breaker
09-07-2007, 09:03 PM
what about them? where are they now? are they successful after they playing years were over or they failed?

brian and brandon sison
rommel santos
pongky alolor
teroy albarillo
dondon ampalayo
danny aying
marlon basco
cris bolado
estong ballesteros
banjo calpito
dennis carbonilla
merwin castelo
benny cheng
harmon and pat codinera
bal david
macky dejoya
yves dignadice
rudy enterina
noynoy falcasantos
jayvee gayoso
willie generalao
dante gonzalgo
vince hizon
paolo hubalde
bobby jose
dwight and elmer lago
joey and chito loyzaga
noli locsin
ronald magtulis
jonas mariano
jun marzan
edward and peter naron
wilmer ong
milke orquillas
bennet palad
gerry pinggoy
bong solomon
kim valenzuela
manny victorino
larry villanil
james walkvist
steve watson
noli banate
ricky relosa
marte saldana
naning valenciano
padim israel
artemio marquez
onchie dela cruz
jb yango
nelson asaytono
edmund reyes
bong ravena
ritchie ticzon
jessie cabanayan
bernie fabiosa
frechie ang
boboy tanigue
lowell briones
alvin teng
julian rabbi tomacruz
orly torente
onnie padilla
gerry esplana
gerard francisco
chris jackson
abet jao
chris tan
eugene quilban
gilbert reyes
mark cuan
allen patrimonio
dino aldeguer
marlon piodo
mon legaspi

lornblade
09-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Somebody told me that before that Bal David is now into a computer business. :confused:

Ghostrider
09-08-2007, 02:20 AM
what about them? where are they now? are they successful after they playing years were over or they failed?

brian and brandon sison
rommel santos
pongky alolor
teroy albarillo
dondon ampalayo
danny aying
marlon basco
cris bolado
estong ballesteros
banjo calpito
dennis carbonilla
merwin castelo
benny cheng
harmon and pat codinera
bal david
macky dejoya
yves dignadice
rudy enterina
noynoy falcasantos
jayvee gayoso
willie generalao
dante gonzalgo
vince hizon
paolo hubalde
bobby jose
dwight and elmer lago
joey and chito loyzaga
noli locsin
ronald magtulis
jonas mariano
jun marzan
edward and peter naron
wilmer ong
milke orquillas
bennet palad
gerry pinggoy
bong solomon
kim valenzuela
manny victorino
larry villanil
james walkvist
steve watson
noli banate
ricky relosa
marte saldana
naning valenciano
padim israel
artemio marquez
onchie dela cruz
jb yango
nelson asaytono
edmund reyes
bong ravena
ritchie ticzon
jessie cabanayan
bernie fabiosa
frechie ang
boboy tanigue
lowell briones
alvin teng
julian rabbi tomacruz
orly torente
onnie padilla
gerry esplana
gerard francisco
chris jackson
abet jao
chris tan
eugene quilban
gilbert reyes
mark cuan
allen patrimonio
dino aldeguer
marlon piodo
mon legaspi

Some of the players you mentioned are listed in the previous pages. Please read them. :D

bolabasket
09-08-2007, 04:28 AM
I think Estong Ballesteros is returning to PBA...

kerouac82
09-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Chris Tan is now into TV and events production. I saw him on a morning show yesterday and he said he directed Ogie Alcasid's latest concert.

ankle breaker
09-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Some of the players you mentioned are listed in the previous pages. Please read them. :D
but what about the others who were not mentioned in the previous posts? attention Mr. Anthony Servinio or Quinito Henson if you can help us. The other guys wanted to know.

b3lowzro
09-10-2007, 04:52 PM
but what about the others who were not mentioned in the previous posts? attention Mr. Anthony Servinio or Quinito Henson if you can help us. The other guys wanted to know.

dami naman... i guess your giving Mr. Anthony Servinio a hard time researching make it pa-1 isa only

ankle breaker
09-11-2007, 04:01 PM
dami naman... i guess your giving Mr. Anthony Servinio a hard time researching make it pa-1 isa only
yeah, my apologies but it's more annoying if i ask it 1 by 1. perhaps that's the reason it took awhile for mr. servinio to reply but at least he can make his responses by batch. that is acceptable though. :)

DaveMap2007
09-12-2007, 09:47 AM

brian and brandon sison
rommel santos
pongky alolor
teroy albarillo
dondon ampalayo
danny aying
marlon basco
cris bolado
estong ballesteros
banjo calpito
dennis carbonilla
merwin castelo
benny cheng
harmon and pat codinera
bal david
macky dejoya
yves dignadice
rudy enterina
noynoy falcasantos
jayvee gayoso
willie generalao
dante gonzalgo
vince hizon
paolo hubalde
bobby jose
dwight and elmer lago
joey and chito loyzaga
noli locsin
ronald magtulis
jonas mariano
jun marzan
edward and peter naron
wilmer ong
milke orquillas
bennet palad
gerry pinggoy
bong solomon
kim valenzuela
manny victorino
larry villanil
james walkvist
steve watson
noli banate
ricky relosa
marte saldana
naning valenciano
padim israel
artemio marquez
onchie dela cruz
jb yango
nelson asaytono
edmund reyes
bong ravena
ritchie ticzon
jessie cabanayan
bernie fabiosa
frechie ang
boboy tanigue
lowell briones
alvin teng
julian rabbi tomacruz
orly torente
onnie padilla
gerry esplana
gerard francisco
chris jackson
abet jao
chris tan
eugene quilban
gilbert reyes
mark cuan
allen patrimonio
dino aldeguer
marlon piodo
mon legaspi

dondon ampalayo is happy settled in cebu....dino aldeguer is helping his brother in la salle zobel coaching job

ankle breaker
09-12-2007, 03:13 PM
dondon ampalayo is happy settled in cebu....dino aldeguer is helping his brother in la salle zobel coaching job
i thought ampalayo is in the US. did somebody mentioned that in the previous post?

jovani_pineda
09-13-2007, 04:34 PM
LOL..yesterday i watched the PBA- Top 10 Plays in you tube, then i suddenly realized....where is ric-ric marata?

off-topic:
i realized too how funny the titles given to the players back-then specially ritchie "the velvet touch" ticson. ^_^

ankle breaker
09-13-2007, 09:05 PM
LOL..yesterday i watched the PBA- Top 10 Plays in you tube, then i suddenly realized....where is ric-ric marata?

off-topic:
i realized too how funny the titles given to the players back-then specially ritchie "the velvet touch" ticson. ^_^
marata is back in mindanao tending their farm.:D

bolabasket
09-19-2007, 09:35 AM
PCFBL five beats Indons
Rey C. LACHICA

GENTING HIGHLANDS, Malaysia — The rivalry between the Philippines and Indonesia was renewed yesterday as Philippine Chinese Friendship Basketball League outlasted Asaba in overtime 50-44 to jumpstart its four-peat bid in the 16th ASEAN Veteran Invitational at the Genting Highlands resort gym here.

In a heated showdown between two teams fancied to meet in the finals anew, PCFBL went to former Crispa center Noli Banate, Andrew Ongteco and Terry Que to ward off the spirited challenge of the Indons in the 50-years-old division of the five-day tournament.

The 6-foot-5 Banate, using his height advantage, exploded for 18 points but it was Que who delivered the telling blow against the Indons.

With only one point separating the Filipinos from the Indons, the 5-foot-5 Que, co-team owner of Welcoat Paints in the PBA, buried a short jumper to give PCFBL a much-needed breather, 45-42.

After Banate and Bong dela Cruz combined forces to thwart Asaba’s offensive thrust, Ongseco knocked in his second triple of the game to finally unnerve the Indons, 48-42.

Banate, who drives his own passenger jeepney in Davao when not playing for teams of his Chinese friends in Manila, capped his sterling performance with another putback.

"It was a scary victory but a win is a win," said PCFBL president and coach Jimmy Lim. "We just hope we could play better next time. We hardly had a practice in Manila that’s why we struggled early."

The win enabled the Filipinos to gain a share of the lead with Singapore in the 10-team tournament. Ongteco finished with 9 points, while Que, who engaged a 6-foot-3 Indon center to a near fistfight as a result of their physical game, added 3.

The burly dela Cruz, playing his tough-guy role which he is known for during his Crispa days, contributed only two points but it was him who sparked the team rally with his court wizardry.

Freddie Hubalde was just but a shadow of his old self as he finished with only four points, missing several open shots. William Lao also stood his ground against an agile Indon center who was limited to only two points in the crucial fourth quarter.

ankle breaker
09-19-2007, 05:41 PM
PCFBL five beats Indons
Rey C. LACHICA

GENTING HIGHLANDS, Malaysia — The rivalry between the Philippines and Indonesia was renewed yesterday as Philippine Chinese Friendship Basketball League outlasted Asaba in overtime 50-44 to jumpstart its four-peat bid in the 16th ASEAN Veteran Invitational at the Genting Highlands resort gym here.

In a heated showdown between two teams fancied to meet in the finals anew, PCFBL went to former Crispa center Noli Banate, Andrew Ongteco and Terry Que to ward off the spirited challenge of the Indons in the 50-years-old division of the five-day tournament.

The 6-foot-5 Banate, using his height advantage, exploded for 18 points but it was Que who delivered the telling blow against the Indons.

With only one point separating the Filipinos from the Indons, the 5-foot-5 Que, co-team owner of Welcoat Paints in the PBA, buried a short jumper to give PCFBL a much-needed breather, 45-42.

After Banate and Bong dela Cruz combined forces to thwart Asaba’s offensive thrust, Ongseco knocked in his second triple of the game to finally unnerve the Indons, 48-42.

Banate, who drives his own passenger jeepney in Davao when not playing for teams of his Chinese friends in Manila, capped his sterling performance with another putback.

"It was a scary victory but a win is a win," said PCFBL president and coach Jimmy Lim. "We just hope we could play better next time. We hardly had a practice in Manila that’s why we struggled early."

The win enabled the Filipinos to gain a share of the lead with Singapore in the 10-team tournament. Ongteco finished with 9 points, while Que, who engaged a 6-foot-3 Indon center to a near fistfight as a result of their physical game, added 3.

The burly dela Cruz, playing his tough-guy role which he is known for during his Crispa days, contributed only two points but it was him who sparked the team rally with his court wizardry.

Freddie Hubalde was just but a shadow of his old self as he finished with only four points, missing several open shots. William Lao also stood his ground against an agile Indon center who was limited to only two points in the crucial fourth quarter.
this might be the game of the oldies....

crazyone
09-22-2007, 06:53 PM
MARLON BASCO - he's now playing for OZAMIS COTTA (NBC), the guy wwas able to show what he got...a two-time MVP player of NBC...PBA coaches should give this guy another chance...he's doing great in the league(NBC). He also joins Lhuiller team - MVBA...

crazyone
09-22-2007, 07:06 PM
some ex-pro are now doing great in other leagues...don't u think they should be given another chance to play in the PBA?

1.) Marlon Basco - became a two-time MVP player in the NBC - because he was given a playing time that made him show what he wasn't able to do while he was in Gins.
2.) Bruce Dacia - same as Basco, he's doing great in the NBC...

any other???

DaveMap2007
09-23-2007, 08:04 AM
redundant thread.......for the new guys please limit making new threads that are redundant.....its hard to keep track....Yah its nice that you're introducing yourself to the rest but mind you.....please check the old threads so that we wont be taking up time just to read each and each and each thread that are quite redundant...........Time management some of us here are professional

joel23
09-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Because a same level of himself! This is minor league here dude. The weakest league level here dude.

bolabasket
09-24-2007, 12:38 PM
this might be the game of the oldies....
still, some of the ex-PBA players are still active...:D

ankle breaker
09-24-2007, 03:45 PM
still, some of the ex-PBA players are still active...:D
they could be playing pickup games for a few bucks just to stay in shape.

ankle breaker
09-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Because a same level of himself! This is minor league here dude. The weakest league level here dude.
minor leagues but at least they save the other guys from being jobless.

b3lowzro
09-24-2007, 04:47 PM
can we make a rule here... before newbies can post new thread they must have at least a hundred post... When they have a hundred post i guess they're already familiar with the topics that are being discussed here so they wont be posting any redundantthreads...

DaveMap2007
09-25-2007, 10:40 AM
any news from eugene tejada...........the only news i heard is that his Gf jenny hernandez and him broke up

ankle breaker
09-25-2007, 04:16 PM
any news from eugene tejada...........the only news i heard is that his Gf jenny hernandez and him broke up
jenny hernandez maybe can no longer take care of eugene being binded in the wheel chair for now that's why they broke up and jenny needs a job for herself too.

DaveMap2007
09-26-2007, 08:26 AM
jenny hernandez maybe can no longer take care of eugene being binded in the wheel chair for now that's why they broke up and jenny needs a job for herself too.

Very Unfortunate....well i heard that Chris Benoit got a same injury in the past same as his...and look at him now his still kicking ass with metal all over his spine.....I hope eugene could recover at least to the norm.....

RetiredJordanStopper
09-26-2007, 08:36 AM

i saw gorgeous jenny hernandez at a local gym doing crunches on the abs machine while im doing mine on the other machine, needless to say, i had a nice angle...btw she's with another man...

RetiredJordanStopper
09-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Very Unfortunate....well i heard that Chris Benoit got a same injury in the past same as his...and look at him now his still kicking ass with metal all over his spine.....I hope eugene could recover at least to the norm.....

dude, chris benoit is dead..he killed himself after he killed his wife and his 6 y.o son

DaveMap2007
09-26-2007, 10:38 AM
dude, chris benoit is dead..he killed himself after he killed his wife and his 6 y.o son
havent been updated in wrestling....im shock but thanks for the info man....only god knows why he did that....RIP

ankle breaker
09-26-2007, 03:45 PM
you mean chris benoit of WWF? did he just kill his wife and son and then committed suicide a couple months ago?

Lebron23
09-27-2007, 02:44 AM
Mike Orquillas- currently playing for the Pagadian Dragons in the NBC

Peter Naron- currently employed as a head coach of one of the team in NBC

Pido Jarencio- Head Coach of the UST Growling Tigers

Dindo Pumaren- Head Coach of the UE Red Warriors

Gerry Esplana - Councilor

bolabasket
09-27-2007, 03:01 AM

not only that, jenny hernandez wants that man-thing really "hard"....:D too bad eugene can't even feel a thing.:(

ankle breaker
09-27-2007, 09:58 PM
not only that, jenny hernandez wants that man-thing really "hard"....:D too bad eugene can't even feel a thing.:(
if that is the case then eugene tejada is close to become inutile?

Servinio
09-28-2007, 04:37 AM
PBA FANS in the Bay Area get ready as your PBA idols in the US of A will play a two-game exhibition series in San Francisco this coming November 15 and 17. Venue will be announced later.

One of the organizers, Alejo "Pongky" Alolor announced that they will be flying in PBA legends led by the immortal Ramon "El Presidente" Fernandez, Willy "The Little General" Generalao and Jojo "Fourth Quarter Man" Lastimosa from Manila to join their America-based counterparts and spice up the games.

More details to follow.

ankle breaker
09-28-2007, 04:35 PM
PBA FANS in the Bay Area get ready as your PBA idols in the US of A will play a two-game exhibition series in San Francisco this coming November 15 and 17. Venue will be announced later.

One of the organizers, Alejo "Pongky" Alolor announced that they will be flying in PBA legends led by the immortal Ramon "El Presidente" Fernandez, Willy "The Little General" Generalao and Jojo "Fourth Quarter Man" Lastimosa from Manila to join their America-based counterparts and spice up the games.

More details to follow.
we'll wait for the other details mr. servinio.

DaveMap2007
10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Mr Daryll Smith the Ex-PBA Import who now reside in Cebu...played in the past year with Lhullier for the NBC and some other leagues...he is now past 40 years old and has a pinay wife..........anybody from cebu has any info if this guy has sons i suppose they are already at their teen years?

saints13
10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
where is Rudy Distrito? is he jailed in the US or is he really in the middle east playing ball? :) tnx

ankle breaker
10-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Mr Daryll Smith the Ex-PBA Import who now reside in Cebu...played in the past year with Lhullier for the NBC and some other leagues...he is now past 40 years old and has a pinay wife..........anybody from cebu has any info if this guy has sons i suppose they are already at their teen years?
his son though very tall, is gay.

MVBA
10-03-2007, 03:27 AM
ARTHRO KONTRA ARTHRITIS-CEBU
none

M. LHUILLIER KWARTA PADALA-CEBU CITY
Danny AYING (Ginebra)
Marlon BASCO (Ginebra)
Ronald CAPATI (Coca-Cola)
Bruce DACIA (Air 21)
Stephen PADILLA (Alaska, Air 21)
Marlon PIODO (Ginebra)
Leo BAT-OG (Santa Lucia) - reserve list

CEBU LANDMASTER-MANDAUE
Bong MARATA (Pop Cola)
Christian NICDAO (Talk N Text)
Jimwell TORION (Red Bull, Santa Lucia, Air 21)

DUTERTE DAVAO AGILAS
Ulysses TANIGUE (Purefoods)

MP WARRIORS-GENSAN
Jomer RUBI (Tanduay)

HOLCIM PRYCE PHARMA-MISOR
Lowell BRIONES (Mobiline, Santa Lucia, Red Bull)
Gilbert DEMAPE (Talk N Text, Purefoods, Santa Lucia)
Anton VILORIA (Red Bull, San Miguel, Talk N Text)

Note: MVBA rules allow one team to sign one ex-pro who is less than one year removed from the pro leagues. Any ex-pro is considered a regular player if he is more than one year removed from the pro leagues. This list is based on submitted rosters as of today.

JET007
10-03-2007, 04:17 AM
his son though very tall, is gay.
that sucks man!!! wasted height!!! :p :(

JET007
10-03-2007, 04:17 AM
none

Danny AYING (Ginebra)
Marlon BASCO (Ginebra)
Ronald CAPATI (Coca-Cola)
Bruce DACIA (Air 21)
Stephen PADILLA (Alaska, Air 21)
Marlon PIODO (Ginebra)
Leo BAT-OG (Santa Lucia) - reserve list

CEBU LANDMASTER-MANDAUE
Bong MARATA (Pop Cola)
Christian NICDAO (Talk N Text)
Jimwell TORION (Red Bull, Santa Lucia, Air 21)

DUTERTE DAVAO AGILAS
Ulysses TANIGUE (Purefoods)

MP WARRIORS-GENSAN
Jomer RUBI (Tanduay)

Lowell BRIONES (Mobiline, Santa Lucia, Red Bull)
Gilbert DEMAPE (Talk N Text, Purefoods, Santa Lucia)
Anton VILORIA (Red Bull, San Miguel, Talk N Text)

Note: MVBA rules allow one team to sign one ex-pro who is less than one year removed from the pro leagues. Any ex-pro is considered a regular player if he is more than one year removed from the pro leagues. This list is based on submitted rosters as of today.
jimwell torion retired from PBA???

MVBA
10-03-2007, 04:19 AM
OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER
Willy GENERALAO (Gilbey's, Tanduay, Purefoods, Great Taste, Pepsi) - Commissioner for Mindanao

Al SOLIS (Shell, Swifts, Purefoods, Red Bull) - Head Coach

Alfredo ENRIQUEZ (Seven Up) - Assistant Coach
Lawrence MERCED (Great Taste) - Assistant Coach
Jay RAMIREZ (Shell) - Assistant Coach
Lou REGIDOR (San Miguel) - Assistant Coach

CEBU LANDMASTER-MANDAUE
Leoncio TAN (Purefoods) - Head Coach

DUTERTE DAVAO AGILAS
Dindo PASTOR (Santa Lucia) - Head Coach

MP WARRIORS-GENSAN
none

Bong ABAD (San Miguel) - Head Coach
Teroy ALBARILLO (Ginebra, Swifts) - Assistant Coach

ankle breaker
10-03-2007, 09:46 PM
OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER
Willy GENERALAO (Gilbey's, Tanduay, Purefoods, Great Taste, Pepsi) - Commissioner for Mindanao

Al SOLIS (Shell, Swifts, Purefoods, Red Bull) - Head Coach

Alfredo ENRIQUEZ (Seven Up) - Assistant Coach
Lawrence MERCED (Great Taste) - Assistant Coach
Jay RAMIREZ (Shell) - Assistant Coach
Lou REGIDOR (San Miguel) - Assistant Coach

CEBU LANDMASTER-MANDAUE
Leoncio TAN (Purefoods) - Head Coach

DUTERTE DAVAO AGILAS
Dindo PASTOR (Santa Lucia) - Head Coach

MP WARRIORS-GENSAN
none

Bong ABAD (San Miguel) - Head Coach
Teroy ALBARILLO (Ginebra, Swifts) - Assistant Coach
who is the commissioner for the visayas?

L8DBACK
10-04-2007, 04:39 AM
Former Crispa player, I think it was Ed Carvajal:confused:

bolabasket
10-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Distrito a free man soon
By Ronnie Nathanielsz

FORMER basketball superstar Rudy Distrito may be freed from prison, soon.

That’s according to his lawyer Dan Silverstein, who studied the parole documents given to Distrito regarding his impending parole.

Distrito is serving a six-year prison term at the Nevada State Prison after he pleaded to manslaughter in the death of Mexican Juan Amaya, who died of knife wounds following a struggle with the Filipino at an apartment complex in Las Vegas nearly three years ago.

Silverstein, who studied the parole documents provided Distrito by the Parole and Probation Board, said that “it appears to me from that document that the board unanimously agreed to grant Rudy parole. This is great news.”

Silverstein said that Distrito is “most likely going to be deported back to the Philippines but that would be up to the federal government and is pretty much out of our hands at this point.”

Former Country Fair team manager in the Philippine Basketball Association, Rufino Ignacio, who has been a tower of strength, along with Silverstein and former basketball colleagues, led by Abe King, who is chairman of the PBA Legends Foundation in the United States, said he was hoping that the federal government may change its mind about deporting Distrito, since he “really has been good in prison” and is determined to behave well when he is released.

Silverstein noted that Distrito’s release plan, which has to be submitted to the parole body, is to stay with his relatives in California, where he has “lots of family and friends and is where he plans to stay and work.”

The Parole and Probation Board made it clear that Distrito would not be released to the community, until “any proposed release plans are investigated and approved by the Parole and Probation.”

ankle breaker
10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Distrito a free man soon
By Ronnie Nathanielsz

FORMER basketball superstar Rudy Distrito may be freed from prison, soon.

That’s according to his lawyer Dan Silverstein, who studied the parole documents given to Distrito regarding his impending parole.

Distrito is serving a six-year prison term at the Nevada State Prison after he pleaded to manslaughter in the death of Mexican Juan Amaya, who died of knife wounds following a struggle with the Filipino at an apartment complex in Las Vegas nearly three years ago.

Silverstein, who studied the parole documents provided Distrito by the Parole and Probation Board, said that “it appears to me from that document that the board unanimously agreed to grant Rudy parole. This is great news.”

Silverstein said that Distrito is “most likely going to be deported back to the Philippines but that would be up to the federal government and is pretty much out of our hands at this point.”

Former Country Fair team manager in the Philippine Basketball Association, Rufino Ignacio, who has been a tower of strength, along with Silverstein and former basketball colleagues, led by Abe King, who is chairman of the PBA Legends Foundation in the United States, said he was hoping that the federal government may change its mind about deporting Distrito, since he “really has been good in prison” and is determined to behave well when he is released.

Silverstein noted that Distrito’s release plan, which has to be submitted to the parole body, is to stay with his relatives in California, where he has “lots of family and friends and is where he plans to stay and work.”

The Parole and Probation Board made it clear that Distrito would not be released to the community, until “any proposed release plans are investigated and approved by the Parole and Probation.”
he shoud change his ways. now he tasted the life of being incarcerated.

MVBA
10-05-2007, 05:02 PM
who is the commissioner for the visayas?
Jose Murillo, a retired FIBA referee.

Reymers
10-05-2007, 07:40 PM
PBA players I know are in the US:

Dondon Ampalayo is in Sacramento.
Rey Yncierto lives in Oxnard, CA.
Peter Aguilar is in Chicago.
Saw Yoyoy Villamin and RicRic Marata playing for a New York team in a PIBNA Intercity Filipino tournament.
Abet Guidaben and Tim Coloso lives somewhere in in NJ.

DaveMap2007
10-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Ex-NBA player James sentenced for drug dealing
Posted 138d ago | Comments4 | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print |

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — A former NBA player was sentenced to five years in federal prison after pleading guilty to selling crack cocaine to an undercover police officer last summer.
Henry Charles James, 41, of Fort Wayne, pleaded guilty to one charge of distribution of a controlled substance. The prison term will be followed by four years of supervised release, assistant U.S. attorney Anthony Geller said Thursday.

James played in the 1990s for Cleveland, Sacramento, Utah, the Los Angeles Clippers, Houston and Atlanta.

James was originally charged with two counts of the felony for selling a total of $750 in crack to an undercover police officer Aug. 30 and Sept. 7, according to an affidavit filed in U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana. One count was dropped as part of the plea agreement.

He was arrested after the second deal, to which he brought several children with him in his vehicle, said Geller, who could not confirm if they were James' children.

Dinamita
10-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Where are they? NOLI LOCSIN? VINCE HIZON? WILMER ONG? BENNY CHENG? MIKE MUSTRE? ART DE LA CRUZ? BOLADO? BALINGIT? GAYOSO?

b3lowzro
10-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Where are they? NOLI LOCSIN? VINCE HIZON? WILMER ONG? BENNY CHENG? MIKE MUSTRE? ART DE LA CRUZ? BOLADO? BALINGIT? GAYOSO?

most of the players you've mentioned are currently playing for the San Miguel All star team who are composed of retired PBA players..

ankle breaker
10-15-2007, 04:20 PM
i think most of them are happy in their respective new endeavors.

Dinamita
10-16-2007, 08:26 AM
rysal castro?

Burndvinyard
10-16-2007, 11:14 AM
most of the players you've mentioned are currently playing for the San Miguel All star team who are composed of retired PBA players..

The All-Stars have temporarily disbanded. They had to do several takes in the San Mig Coffee commercial.:D And have protested for not being included in the "Gweyt Beyah" shorty.:D

ankle breaker
10-16-2007, 08:14 PM
The All-Stars have temporarily disbanded. They had to do several takes in the San Mig Coffee commercial.:D And have protested for not being included in the "Gweyt Beyah" shorty.:D
it should be disbanded for good. they are boring to watch.

bolabasket
10-17-2007, 03:51 AM
Abe King: Parole possible for Distrito

By Jasmine W. Payo
Inquirer
Last updated 04:58am (Mla time) 10/17/2007

Close this MANILA, Philippines -- For the players who had the unfortunate luck of running into him on the court, Abe King was always bad news.

Nowadays, though, he is the bearer of good tidings, especially when it came to news about the incarcerated Rudy Distrito, whom he had fought a lot of memorable basketball wars against.

“The board of pardon in Nevada is already preparing the parole proceedings for Rudy,” King told the PSA Forum Tuesday. “Kaya pinag-hahandaan na ‘yung release plan niya (That’s why they are readying his release plan).”

King dropped by the PSA Forum sponsored by Shakey’s and the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. (Pagcor) to brief local journalists on the status of the former PBA “bad boy” who is currently in jail for homicide.

King also gave a more in-depth introduction about his PBA Legends Foundation, a group that aims to help former basketball professionals.

Distrito is one of the first beneficiaries of the group, which played a series of exhibition matches to raise funds for the cager’s legal defense.

In between serious talks, King also found time to verbally jab around with the people who once covered his checkered career.

“Magiging mayabang ako dito (I’ll be a little boastful here),” the US-based King said. “Pero kung inabot ko ang basketball ngayon na ganyan kalinis, palagay ko makakalamang ako ng maraming beses (But if I were still playing today, I think I’d have a lot of edge).”

“Tignan niyo nga mukha ko, mukhang boksingero na (Look at my face, it’s like that of a boxer’s already),” said the 50-year-old King, who played in the Philippine Basketball Association from 1977 to 1995 for such teams as Toyota, Great Taste and Purefoods.

Servinio
10-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Sorry for posting this late, I just found this in my Inbox only now:

PBA LEGENDS
BACK in COURT

San Diego, CA
Saturday, September 29, 2007
San Ysidro High School Gymnasium
5353 Airway Road, San Diego, CA 92154

PRELIMINARY GAME (1:30pm)

San Diego All Star vs. PABL
(Pilipino American Basketball League)
Four-Time Defending Champion

3-POINT SHOOT-OUT (2:45pm)

MAIN GAME (3:30pm)

PBA LEGENDS

NORTH

Rino Salazar (Coach)
Abe King, Jr.
Onchie Dela Cruz
Yves Dignadice
Django Rivera
Art Ayson
Allan Delos Reyes
Jerome Cueto
Peter Aguilar
Teodoro "Boy" Valera
Mackie De Joya
Naning Valenciano

SOUTH

Bernie Fabiosa (Coach)
Yoyoy Villamin
Romy de la Rosa
Pongkee Alolor
Marte Saldana
Elmer Lago
Jun Jabar
Rey Yncierto
Jose Francisco
Chris Bade
Ric-Ric Marata
Bokyo Lauchengco

AND

SONNY "Big J" JAWORSKI

SPECIAL GUESTS
Miguel Vera, Carlos Morales,
Renato Del Prado and Patricia Javier

ADMISSION - $10.00

bolabasket
10-22-2007, 05:24 AM
Ex-PBA player faces rap for carrying live ammunition at NAIA
INQUIRER.net
Last updated 11:10am (Mla time) 10/22/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- A former player of the Philippine Basketball Association is facing charges for allegedly possessing ammunition following his arrest at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, a report on radio dzBB said.

The report said Manny Victorino, who was bound for Guam, was held by airport authorities Monday after they found seven live bullets for a .38 caliber pistol in his possession.

Lebron23
10-24-2007, 02:37 AM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/Dragonquest_2007/Alvarado.jpg

Earl "Sonny" Alvarado is back in the USA and last time i heard about him he is playing in Hawaii. His Ethnicity is Puerto Rican which also concluded that he is definitely a Fil-sham

Alvarado PBA Player profile in the 1999-00 PBA Season

BORN JANUARY 15, 1973 / CALIFORNIA / 201 CMS./ 97 KGS/CENTER-FORWARD

The statistical points topnotcher last year, when he was a rookie.

Picked first overall in 1999 as the "Steal of the Draft," Sonny Alvarado is one great player that is of help to the team and one formidable marketing tool for the company he represents.

Plays very American - all out night in and night out - and is the biggest match-up problem in this league.

Topped the league in scoring with a 22.9 clip, was a very close second in rebounding with 13.13 boards, also in minutes played with 43.8 and was fifth in steals with 2.2 and 15th in shot blocks with slightly over one a night.

Only chink is being turnover-prone with a 3.79 average, Alvarado nevertheless is one big reason why Tanduay wound up with the second-best record last year.

http://web.archive.org/web/20000511041055/www.pba.com.ph/teams/tanduay/alvarado/alvarado.html

This is his full PBA Career Stats in the PBA during the time when he was playing for the Tanduay Rhum Masters. ( Circa 1999-2000)

Career Averages: 23.2 PPG, 13.2 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.07 BPG, and 2.16 SPG.

http://www.geocities.com/maong69/salvarado.html

Career PBA Highlights:

1999 Season Leading Scorer
1999 Mythical First Team
Drafted by Tanduay in the 1999 PBA Draft as the number 1 overall pick

ankle breaker
10-26-2007, 04:53 PM
earl sonny alvarado is the long lost nephew of max alvarado.

Servinio
12-10-2007, 03:09 AM

More details to follow.
NEW SCHEDULE:
February 23 (Saturday) -- Sacramento
February 24 (Sunday) -- Daly City

Note: Schedule subject to change without prior notice.

ankle breaker
12-10-2007, 03:02 PM
NEW SCHEDULE:
February 23 (Saturday) -- Sacramento
February 24 (Sunday) -- Daly City

Note: Schedule subject to change without prior notice.
do you the complete cast on who's going to play in there?

logre23
01-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Rudy Distrito

Distrito’s winning game
By Rina Jimenez-David
Inquirer
07/31/2007

You may still remember Rudy Distrito, the former player in the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) who was sentenced some months ago for the killing of a Mexican migrant who was allegedly his wife’s lover. I wrote about his case on the prodding of Ruffy Ignacio, a “faithful correspondent” who has alerted me many times to developments in both the Puget Sound area in Washington State, where he makes his home, and elsewhere in the United States, mostly involving the Filipino-American community.
Ruffy knew of Distrito’s case, and worked to obtain for him the best possible legal advice and leniency from the judge, because Ruffy had been manager of the Country Fair Hotdogs team in the 1980s, for which Distrito played after the Crispa team, and before joining the Barangay Ginebra team.
Anyway, Distrito has been writing regularly to Ruffy from his prison in Nevada, and the letters, written in Filipino, are full not just of the former player’s gratitude to friends who worked (and are working) on his behalf as well as the entire Filipino-American community, but also of “insider” stories about life in an American prison.
There’s one letter, written last month, which was, unexpectedly, quite amusing and entertaining, given the circumstances the writer finds himself in. To give you as much of the “flavor” of the story as possible, I’ve taken the liberty of translating his letter into English, and editing only for conciseness and clarity. Here it is:
SIR, I have learned so much here in jail. The most important thing in my life now is the Lord. He is my guide who will give me another chance to go back to my family. Sir, even in my youth He has always been my guide and my companion as I attained fame. But I forgot Him for a while. Now, in everything I do, He is my guide in my decision-making.
I have so many stories to tell you from jail. Most of the basketball players here in America are black because they really dominate sports. Even here in jail, they think they’re the only ones who know how to play basketball. Sir, they never asked me to join them because they said I don’t know how to play the game because I’m Asian. Maybe they think I’m like them who know only the foolish things in life.
Basketball here in jail is played with ramen noodle soup at stake. My team was composed of five whites, three blacks and two Asians. The other team was all black, and all were so boastful because they think they’re the only ones who know how to play. Anyway, Sir, I started playing only in the fourth quarter because my teammates were all tired. In other words, “bangko ako” [I was a bench-warmer]. Our opponent’s score was 45, ours 31. Sir, I showed all my hidden experience gained from 23 years of my life in basketball. Sir, we won and I was able to score 25 points in just the fourth quarter. We won by five points. The jail warden, who’s white, was very pleased with our game. He declared that the other team has found its match and would no longer lord it over the jail.
So now, Sir, many teams here want to have me join them. I have so many more stories to tell…
MEANTIME, outside of prison, Ruffy and Abe King, another retired PBA player who has settled in the US, were busy putting up the PBA Legends USA Foundation. The first activity of the foundation was a benefit game to raise funds for Distrito’s legal needs. Held last July 14 at the Renton High School Gym in Seattle, the game drew a number of retired players from around the US: Yoyoy Villamin, Peter Aguilar, Ponky Alolor, Marte Saldana, coach Rino Salazar, Elmer Lago, and a delegation of players led by Bernie Fabiosa who arrived late because of a delayed flight from Burbank.
In a report, King describes the game as “scintillating, fun and exciting.” After the game, Fil-Am fans, many of them too young to have watched the players in their prime at the PBA, rushed to the teams for autographs, endless picture-taking and fellowship.
“Alolor’s MVP trophy never left his hand till the next morning at the airport where he left for Frisco,” writes King. “I think that is the last time Ponky will have [an MVP trophy], as next time around in Frisco, I will really hound him.”
The foundation will be holding other benefit games in San Franciso, New Jersey, Chicago and other cities. “The athletes are gung-ho for finding new meaning in their basketball lives in America, and elevating their thrill for the game to greater heights,” says King. “And as we envision, with funds we can raise through games and other ventures, we will embark on philanthropic projects in America and the Philippines.”
The foundation, said King, would also like to thank PBA chair Ricky Vargas and PBA commissioner Noli Eala and Viva Sports’ Ronnie Nathanielsz for the $2,000 donation to the foundation. Distrito’s family was on hand to receive the check and to receive the crowd’s well wishes for Rudy.
IN A letter he wrote to thank Ruffy and King for putting up the foundation, Distrito shares that he is slowly shedding his anonymity in prison, thanks to the male nurses working in the prison, many of them Filipino. The nurses, he says, have spread word that he was a hotshot professional basketball player in the Philippines. “They call me ‘Destroyer’ because the male nurses said that was my nickname as a player, so now even the guards call me ‘Destroyer.’” The inmates, meanwhile, call him “O.G.,” for “Old Gangster.”
“I have so many personal stories to tell you,” Distrito writes Ruffy. “There are so many amusing happenings here in prison. Here, you just have to be strong of heart and steadfast in life.”
Doubtless, the support of his family and friends, especially the fans and the PBA old guards, helps him a lot in this regard.

meloy
01-10-2008, 10:30 AM
hey guys, is it true tha jun limpot and vic pablo are praCTICING at BGK????
as replacements of HOLPER? English please...

ankle breaker
01-11-2008, 09:34 PM
hey guys, is it true tha jun limpot and vic pablo are praCTICING at BGK????
as replacements of HOLPER? English please...
good news for them.

HoopNightmare
01-12-2008, 01:38 AM
good news for them.
What happened to Holper?

Phelhiphe
03-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Jessie Cabanayan based here in Saudi Arabia still playing and still has a sweet shooting hand from the rainbow arc

C2Hamm
03-24-2008, 09:30 AM
What happened to Holper?
last i saw him he was with Barangay Ginebra in PBA

jeree18
03-24-2008, 02:08 PM
yoyoy villamin is now base in new jersey.and also richard bognot.