PDA

View Full Version : Group C (Qatar, Indonesia, India, Kazakhstan)

saints13
07-15-2007, 03:40 PM
main Asian Championship thread (score updates from Kings) (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3370)

Preliminary Round
Group C

UAE vs. Lebanon
Japan vs. Kuwait

Group C
July 28
Qatar vs. India
Kazakhstan vs. Indonesia

July 29
Indonesia vs. Qatar
India vs. Kazakhstan

July 30
Kazakhstan vs. Qatar
Indonesia vs. India

daniab
07-15-2007, 04:07 PM
I vote for kazakhstan,they play well last times and they beat Quatar twice from few weeks.
So its too hard to know the top group C .

saints13
07-15-2007, 04:27 PM
This games are the games I wouldn't want to miss.. :D

July 30
Kazakhstan vs. Qatar
Indonesia vs. India

I do believe that Kazakhstan will have the upper hand against Qatar, and I expect a good game between this two teams as far as this group is concerned. (this will look like a Ex-Soviet European Team playing against an African Team)

btw, I'm also interested if RP's neighbor Indonesia can beat India. :)

apiSigbinz
07-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Qatar is good only to smaller team. They just don't have the outside shooting that is really a must in this kind of competition...:D

Levenspiel
07-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Qatar almost defeated Turkish nt in a friendly game before the world championships; in fact they did, but the referees counted Erdoğan's 3-pointer in, which was after the clock was off. Then, they lost the game in over time. And we could win in Japan with 6 point margin only. They gave a hard time to Greece also.

Is this the same Qatar team always? Because I'm surprised by their bad results. The team we saw looked like a capable one.

Projectspeed
07-18-2007, 05:39 AM
This is the weakest Group coming FIBA-Asia:D

I can't see Indonesia and India upsetting Kazakhs and Qataris NTs:D

rodreyes
07-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Update on the Indian National Team:

BANGALORE: India national team, now training under Serbian coach Aleksander Bucan, dished out a heart-warming display, even if it was against Karnataka Juniors, in a friendly match, at the Sree Kanteerava Indoor Stadium here this evening. The Indian NT won via 60-42.

But then the Karnataka Juniors, with the lanky Sanjay Raj (204-C-84) and Roshan assisting, kept pace with the fitter and sturdier national players, especially in the first quarter before feeling the heat.

Changing over at 31-24, the Indian national team with Tridip Rai and Dilwar Singh with playmaker Sambhaji Kadam (176-G-80) in fine nick upped the tempo to leave the State Juniors huffing and puffing. Srinivas Naik and Naresh did the bulk of the scoring for the State Juniors.

Tokushima FIBA-Asia bound India national team hopes to do well this Asian championship edition after hiring a European coach to auscpice the team. Jay Prakash Singh formerly handled the Indian national squad.

India, which placed 12th in the last edition of Asian championship, is bracketed along with Qatar, Kazakhstan and Indonesia this edition.

Source: Asiabasket.com

meloy
07-26-2007, 04:39 PM
INDONESIA will win... no need to explain. Qatar and Kazakshtan will battle for second place... OF COURSE JOKE LANG TO.... :eek:

saints13
07-27-2007, 05:04 AM
this is the least interesting group :D

Mr.100%
07-28-2007, 04:56 AM
opponents got massacred here ...

Qatar 106 - India 49

Kazakhstan 107 - Indonesia 53

bobo81
07-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Considering this is a serious tournament, Qatar will come ontop of Kaz...This is what usually would happen. Qatar is used to the environment of tournaments like these. Looking to see some good stuff from the young guns on the Kaz team though. :)

PS. I agree this group is C for Crap. Nothing to see until the next round :D

saints13
07-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Considering this is a serious tournament, Qatar will come ontop of Kaz...This is what usually would happen. Qatar is used to the environment of tournaments like these. Looking to see some good stuff from the young guns on the Kaz team though. :)

PS. I agree this group is C for Crap. Nothing to see until the next round :D

group crap :D because Qatar is in this group..LOL

bolabasket
07-30-2007, 02:43 AM
hehehe
anyways our Indonesian brothers are down 68-64 agaisnt India, with 40 ticks left.

bolabasket
07-30-2007, 06:58 AM
Qatar leads Kazakhstan 56-49 end of 3rd Qtr.

karim
08-01-2007, 12:13 PM
i just wanna say this is a proud day for asian basketball...qatar has lost 2 games and is out of the tournament..... edit: lets be respectful of all nations , qatar is also responsible for the absence of jordan center maaytah and the the non participation of al riyadi of lebanon the last 2 years in asian club championship(the best team in lebanon and in my opinion in asia)....qatar will be back in 2 years with improved imports and making the teams around them weaker by trying to remove their players regardless of them becoming stronger by getting new africans and changing their names but for today qatar is out edit: lets be respectful of all nations ........

Joško Poljak Fan
08-01-2007, 12:42 PM
moved from World championship, to Asia championship forum and merged with an already existing group thread.

thelebanon
08-01-2007, 01:40 PM
i just wanna say this is a proud day for asian basketball...qatar has lost 2 games and is out of the tournament.....t......
you has Karim reason, Qatar made the same thing in politic it is in same time with iran and the USA and the king of qatar is a big cheater... ryadi no participing because its the club of hariri or because they are not all lebaneseM

karim
08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
riyadi is not partipating cuz they disallowed vogel to play !!

bobo81
08-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Gotta love karim's posts...1/3 posts are about qatar's naturalizing :D

Amazing...

karim
08-01-2007, 09:22 PM
yes...but not anymore....not this year atleast with qatar leaving ;) the qatari coach is such a freak iran,s only way in scoring is in shooting threes and qatar played them zone...iran scored 14/25 3pts......i knew he was a bad coach 3 days ago wen he was so happy after the win against kazakhaztan....nothing against the kazakhs they are a very organized and good team but if qatar was going to be a contender they had to beat them by 15 atleast and not be so happy with a win against them.......the good thing is in removing yaseen ismail though....its not known what his true position is , too short and skinny to play under the basket and has no shot to play outside , he shot 2 quick threes at the beginning of the game b4 he was removed and he was 1 ugly shot kind of like a 10 year old shooting.....

bobo81
08-02-2007, 02:39 PM
I never thought Yaseen was a great player, but somehow he got to tryout with NBA teams. Others on the team are better. He is a good leader, I guess, I dont know. Iran is a better team IMO.