PDA

View Full Version : Group B (Lebanon, UAE, Kuwait, Japan)

saints13
07-15-2007, 02:39 PM
main Asian Championship thread (score updates from Kings) (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3370)

Preliminary Round
Group B

July 28
UAE vs. Japan
Lebanon vs. Kuwait

July 29
Japan vs. Lebanon
Kuwait vs. UAE

July 30
UAE vs. Lebanon
Japan vs. Kuwait

daniab
07-15-2007, 03:05 PM
I vote for Lebanon,but i think japan NT developed a lot in the last years,and its not easy to beat them.
But still lebanon much better than Japan and most favor to get top group B.

JET007
07-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I vote for Lebanon,but i think japan NT developed a lot in the last years,and its not easy to beat them.
But still lebanon much better than Japan and most favor to get top group B.
man...you guys are lucky to be in a very easy group:) ...or else :D

manu_bol
07-15-2007, 03:13 PM
kuwait to play with RP...

... they want to know how to beat lebanon.:D :D

saints13
07-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Lebanon is more experienced, but I expect a hell of a fight between Vogel and Japan's new recruit/naturalized Sakuragi (formerly known as Henderson). :D hope we'll see this game somewhere (Sopcast/ESPN Sports/youtube) :)

apiSigbinz
07-15-2007, 03:20 PM
with the addition of Sakuragi, Japan will be the toughest team in Group B... Lebanon is just overrated for me... but how i wish they'll end up in first place in their group... :D

daniab
07-15-2007, 03:29 PM
with the addition of Sakuragi, Japan will be the toughest team in Group B... Lebanon is just overrated for me... but how i wish they'll end up in first place in their group... :D

overrated :confused: haha
Man i don't know!! what i want to say ?? Japan is better than Lebanon ??
If yea i want to die :D

manu_bol
07-15-2007, 03:37 PM

what's actually going for japan:

homecourt advantage + henderson + WC experience + no scouting report

although underrated, japan team is really good. remember that its WUG team beat the NT of RP and Jordan!

daniab
07-15-2007, 03:43 PM

although underrated, japan team is really good. remember that its WUG team beat the NT of RP and Jordan!

Maybe...

JET007
07-15-2007, 03:45 PM
IF YEA I WANT TO DIE :D
Hehehehe....thats wat u guys said about Chinese Taipei in jones cup but they beat you...:D :D :D

apiSigbinz
07-15-2007, 03:46 PM

oh man please don't, we need your infos here on middle asian nations... hehehe :D but seriously, i'm not joking... Japan will surprise Lebanon...

daniab
07-15-2007, 03:47 PM
oh man please don't, we need your infos here on middle asian nations... hehehe :D but seriously, i'm not joking... Japan will surprise Lebanon...
hehe i said maybe;)

daniab
07-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Hehehehe....thats wat u guys said about Chinese Taipei in jones cup but they beat you...:D :D :D

Forget it man :D

JET007
07-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Forget it man :D
Peace bro:)
I think your team has a good chance to top this group...:)

daniab
07-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Peace bro:)
I think your team has a good chance to top this group...:)

we are not coming to japan to top Group B ,we come to get the ticket for the Olympic games :D

manu_bol
07-15-2007, 03:56 PM
we are not coming to japan to top Group B ,we come to get the ticket for the Olympic games :D

well, if japan is indeed a strong team.. you'll meet again in the semis

if you lose against them in the group stages.. you would lose your psychological edge over them

japan will be harder to beat in the semis than in the group stage

daniab
07-15-2007, 03:58 PM
well, if japan is indeed a strong team.. you'll meet again in the semis

if you lose against them in the group stages.. you would lose your psychological edge over them

japan will be harder to beat in the semis than in the group stage

its true.

saints13
07-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Japan has Sakuragi and its turf..but I really feel Lebanon can win against this team..hopefully :)

khatib
07-15-2007, 06:30 PM
This group the winner will be Lebanon because we have a big revenge from asian games and japan choose our group ..a player in the nt i know said we have respect for japan and same time we won't let them "eat our head" a lebanese slang for we wont le them beat us.......lol ... we know japanese team very well sakurai,their big guy Aono,igarachi and henderson....i bet henderson will be a scorer more than a hard working player as most their team is disciplined and hard working....
Also don't forget uae who won the gulf championship against Qatar and in gulf championship for clubs they lost to Rayyan the last 10 seconds....kuwait are here just to play and they might surprise if u don't respect them...the key for lebanon is 200% respecting the teams and the coach shouldn't do any fatal mistakes....that worries me alot with this coach he's not stable.......

psychopath
07-16-2007, 04:58 AM
lebanon can sit out el-khatib in the group stages and still win group B
hehehe
just joking

igorotski
07-16-2007, 08:11 AM

jus said everything.

voted for japan. sorry lebanese friends. i still wish u win this group tho.

apiSigbinz
07-16-2007, 08:56 AM
hehehe
just joking

seriously they can... they'll end up runner up for Japan and that's enough for them to be in quarter finals...

daniab
07-16-2007, 09:10 AM
jus said everything.

voted for japan. sorry lebanese friends. i still wish u win this group tho.

Don't worry man,it's ur opinion,always respected :)

arnoldt
07-16-2007, 10:16 AM
lebanon will have no problem getting out of this group.

rycorpz
07-16-2007, 04:47 PM
This group is a duel between Japan and Lebanon. Which team will win? Dragon(Japan) vs. Tiger(Lebanon)

Projectspeed
07-16-2007, 04:52 PM
50-50 chance between the Lebs and Japs:D

karim
07-16-2007, 04:55 PM
This group is a duel between Japan and Lebanon. Which team will win? Dragon(Japan) vs. Tiger(Lebanon)

i dont get this...why is japan a dragon and lebanon a tiger ?? is lebanon the tiger because they call khatib The Tiger :D ?

daniab
07-16-2007, 05:07 PM
i dont get this...why is japan a dragon and lebanon a tiger ?? is lebanon the tiger because they call khatib The Tiger :D ?
Dragon : No idea
Tiger:i doubt i like this name "Cedars team";) or "big heart "

SNIPER
07-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Hope Lebanon will reach the semi-finals because coach Dragan is not good.
His defense creates many gaps, plus his offensive tactics are not that many. He complains to the refs and blame his players more than he sets game plans to face the other teams offensive and defensive strategies.

daniab
07-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Hope Lebanon will reach the semi-finals because coach Dragan is not good.
His defense creates many gaps, plus his offensive tactics are not that many. He complains to the refs and blame his players more than he sets game plans to face the other teams offensive and defensive strategies.

Maybe,but it's not the time for do such judging,now we are all hope to reach the first position not just the semi finals,our performance is too good for been the top in asia.

lrangels
07-17-2007, 03:31 PM
hehehe
just joking

Dude it's a possibilty. This group is by far the easiest. Lebanon will surely come out here on top. They'll probably use Khatib on their game against Japan. But, I think Lebanon can win without Khatib (or maybe use him sparingly) against UAE and Kuwait.

;)

jovani_pineda
07-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Lebanon will be on-top in the group because the Japanese team is a not complete team. Good thing there is no "Rukawa" or "Sendoh".:)

saints13
07-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Kuwait will play tune-up games vs RP NT, hopefully they'll get pointers on how to beat Lebanon NT, tips on how to piss them off will do :D

bolabasket
07-18-2007, 03:46 AM
Lebanon will test Japan's cohesiveness with JR Henderson, whether his entry to the Japan NT will affect their execution of plays.

Projectspeed
07-18-2007, 04:23 AM
Dude it's a possibilty. This group is by far the easiest. Lebanon will surely come out here on top. They'll probably use Khatib on their game against Japan. But, I think Lebanon can win without Khatib (or maybe use him sparingly) against UAE and Kuwait.

;)

Group of Qatar, Kazakhstan, India and Indonesia is the weakest:D

UAE just defeated Qatar in the Gulf Cup just recently:D while Kuwait almost upset South Korea in the last Asian Championship by losing only 5 points:D

though a remote possibility, UAE and Kuwait is capable of upsetting Japan and Lebanon:D

On the other hand, I can't see that India and Indonesia will upset Qatar and Kazakhstan:D

Lebanon and Japan shouldn't be too cocky when they face those two other teams
:D or else:D

saints13
07-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Japan's mainstay naturalized center McArthur lost his slot in the Japan NT by the inclusion of Sakuragi/Henderson. :D

those naturalized players' names are really that easy to memorize, McArthur the Pacific Allied General against the Imperial Army of Japan and Sakuragi the Anime Basketball Genius, did that really happen for humor's sake or by chance :D

thelebanon
07-25-2007, 02:15 PM
In Group B are Lebanon, a team which finished second at the last FIBA Asia Championship, along with the United Arab Emirates and Japan.

Lebanon had some bright moments at the 2006 FIBA World Championship in Japan which included an upset of France, despite having their build-up to that tournament being severely disrupted by the political conflict in the region.

The assistant coach of the Lebanese team, George Kalzi, said: "In principle, we should not have any problems qualifying from the group.

"The group is hard as Japan will be hosting the tournament and will play in front of their fans while we know the teams of UAE and their style of play.

"I hope that we will have luck by our side and that we will have a good campaign like we did in the previous tournaments."

The national team manager of the UAE, Munir bin Al Habib, admitted his team faced a very difficult task of advancing from the group.

"We have played against Lebanon previously in 1999 and 2001 and it will not be the first time that we play against them," he said.

"As for Japan, they are hosts of the tournament and will be favourites to qualify along with Lebanon to the next round.

"After winning the Gulf Cup, the Asian Championship will be the first tournament for UAE young players and we will go into the tournament with a realistic ambition of improving the results that we had previously as we finished 10th in 2001 and 1999.

"As for our preparations, we had to wait for the availability of the players and we will start a closed camp in Dubai from the middle of June to July 9 when we will have a training camp in France until July 23 before leaving to Tokushima."

thelebanon
07-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Lebanon will be on-top because lebanese players played with them hearts and that is more important in basketball...

ryannaja
07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
My Predictions:

1 - Lebanon 3-0
2 - Japan 2-1
3 - UAE 1-2
4 - Kuwait 0-3

Lebanon all the way! :)

thelebanon
07-25-2007, 04:41 PM
i love ur predictions,

u are lebaneseM because iam lebanese and i live in new york

BURATIN
07-25-2007, 06:32 PM
why is tabuse of japan not playing for his team?

answer: maybe because he knows thats many players in asia will take him back to school :D :D :D

tabuse is just lucky to get in the NBA:p :p :p

Dinamita
07-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Lebanon and Japan will easily advance on the 2nd rd...

bolabasket
07-26-2007, 06:00 AM
why is tabuse of japan not playing for his team?

answer: maybe because he knows thats many players in asia will take him back to school :D :D :D

tabuse is just lucky to get in the NBA:p :p :p
Tabusi isn't a top-notch guard of Japan, he was just a promo guard. hehehe

meloy
07-26-2007, 03:35 PM
lebanon will win... ALA NAMAN SILA MATINO KALABAN DITO EH.

TRanslation: this is a "group of two" JApan can be consider a team. okay...
Lebanon will at least have a decent opponent here. PEACE:o

ryannaja
07-26-2007, 08:07 PM
i love ur predictions,

u are lebaneseM because iam lebanese and i live in new york

Yea man especially that I heard China are gonna play the B team we have a very good chance of winning it all, I'm excited. :D

saints13
07-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Lebanon will have a hard time against the hometown :D

but I expect Lebanon to win.. :)

reamily
07-27-2007, 05:26 AM

If the group a is the group of death this is the group (b also c) of everlasting life kabaligtaran talaga ng group a

rodreyes
07-27-2007, 12:05 PM

Im sorry but i have to disagree with this one. I see Japan beating Lebanon convincingly. Japan not only has the homecourt advantage, it also possess a very strong line-up, almost similar to that of the Philippine squad. Watch out for this team, it would be a strong contender for the crown.

igorotski
07-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Lebanon has the tendency to lose to teams like philippines. well, japan is rle similar to RP. plus the homecourt advntg, and that Henderson

bobo81
07-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Whatta sorry group...Kuwait probably changed their team again and stil will bomb...UAE thinks they won the game if they tie the opponent sometime during the game...Japan is the only closest thing to a decent game...Lebanon has a week of tanning at the beach. Martini glasses up...

daniab
07-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Japan will once again host the much anticipated Asian Basketball Championship, set to unite teams all across Asia and lead the winner to the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Among the many teams gracing the courts of Tokushima, Lebanon is one of the strongest contenders for the title.

The Lebanese national team arrived in Tokushima on Tuesday, July 24, after two stops that served as preparations to the Olympic Qualifier. In the 29th William Jones Cup, Lebanon came in second with a 6-3 record. Leaving Taiwan, the Lebanese players stopped by the Philippines for the 4-Nation Manila Invitational, after which they went into training camp before landing in the Japanese island.

National team point guard, Rony Fahed and his teammates felt the necessity of camps and tournaments to help the team gel fast. Now, after two months of preparations, they are ready for the big challenge.

“I think we are ready,” Fahed said. “All the teams are good and they got their best squads. We have built the chemistry with the new style of Coach Dragan and we’re ready now.”

“Personally, I have small injuries but nothing serious,” Fahed continued. “I will put all I have to make the Lebanese people proud. I love this country and its people.”

Joining Fahed in the national team are Roy Samaha and Fadi Al Khatib. The veteran forward captured the scoring title in the 24th William Jones Cup and is ready, as usual, to lead Lebanon to the most prestigious championships.

As for Roy Samaha, he is more confident of his abilities as his minutes go up game after game.

Lebanon’s first step towards the Asian title pairs it with fellow Middle Eastern country, Kuwait. The two will meet at 2:15p.m. (Beirut time) on Saturday, July 28, 2007.

Source:www.pma-basketball.com

daniab
07-28-2007, 06:37 AM
UAE starter players:Jassim haji,Younis ibrahim,Ayoub albaloushi,Ali alhattawi,Jasim abdalla.

Japan's starter players:kenichi sako,Takehito orimo,Kosuke Takeuchi,Tomoo amino,Fumihiko Aono.

ghadi
07-28-2007, 11:07 AM
good luck lebanon !!!!!
5 minutes to go

karim
07-28-2007, 01:38 PM
does anyone here know why the coach left vogel and khatib in the whole 4th quarter when the lead was between 40 and 50 pts ? can something good come out of this like keeping the players in shape or is the coach just retarded :confused: ? i think khatib played 38 min and vogel 35 WTF !! we need these players to be rested until the strong games come :mad: !!!

igorotski
07-28-2007, 01:46 PM
does anyone here know why the coach left vogel and khatib in the whole 4th quarter when the lead was between 40 and 50 pts ? can something good come out of this like keeping the players in shape or is the coach just retarded :confused: ? i think khatib played 38 min and vogel 35 WTF !! we need these players to be rested until the strong games come :mad: !!!

maybe vogel and khatib jus wanted to have fun with kuwaitis:D lol

saints13
07-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Im sorry but i have to disagree with this one. I see Japan beating Lebanon convincingly. Japan not only has the homecourt advantage, it also possess a very strong line-up, almost similar to that of the Philippine squad. Watch out for this team, it would be a strong contender for the crown.

feel free to disagree bro, it's my opinion and you have yours. :)
I just see Lebanon as the more experienced and more cohesive team.

jvandread
07-29-2007, 12:07 PM
japan win against lebanon 77 - 67

source: http://netcasting.mbt.lt/fiba/jp/netcasting/

apiSigbinz
07-29-2007, 01:10 PM
japan win against lebanon 77 - 67

source: http://netcasting.mbt.lt/fiba/jp/netcasting/

i can't believe Fadi scored only two points... looks like Group B will have Japan at no.1 and Lebanon at no.2

daniab
07-29-2007, 01:13 PM
i can't believe Fadi scored only two points... looks like Group B will have Japan at no.1 and Lebanon at no.2
Fadi scored 14 pts bro !

saints13
07-29-2007, 04:36 PM
are there videos of the Japan vs. Lebanon game on the net???

bolabasket
07-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Lebanon 106 UAE 64 Final

daniab
07-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Japan and Lebanon to the 2nd round from group B.