PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Be Cut From The Rp Team Line Up?

phevergy
07-13-2007, 03:19 PM
For me,Dela Cruz and De Ocampo played their best game so far and it really sucks!!!:D (sorry,just bein' honest).

Many are hopin' to see RP team's final line up play before goin to Tokushima.:)

Onizuka01
07-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I feel de Ocampo should be cut...

btw, this topic could be discussed on RP NT FINAL 12 Thread...
There are so many threads now with sub-topics being posted on new threads.. This thread would just end up hanging..
peace! :D

rycorpz
07-13-2007, 04:15 PM
I feel de Ocampo should be cut...

btw, this topic could be discussed on RP NT FINAL 12 Thread...
There are so many threads now with sub-topics being posted on new threads.. This thread would just end up hanging..
peace! :D
Ranidel played good ball in China so does Eric Menk Ren ren bailed us in Lebanon James played a Caidic type in Jones Cup too close to call if who's really in the Final Line up

reamily
07-14-2007, 02:03 AM
"wag po natin panngunahan" thats my message to all whoever gets to the final line-up are deserving but out of 4 new acquisition kelly is most deserving to be in the line-up

bolabasket
07-14-2007, 02:24 AM
remove Danny Seigle and Mark Caguioa

...from the injured list:D

apiSigbinz
07-14-2007, 02:27 AM
IMHO:

Most likely to be out:

1. KG Canaleta - have hardly given minutes! Not a good defensive player and just have a mediocre offense.

2. Ranidel de Ocampo - although i'v seen his desire and determination to play, he's just too small for a PF position and too slow for SF or G.

On the bubble:

3. Tony dela Cruz - have not seen brilliance in their previous games in Tehran and Belgrade base on records. I can't remember Coach Chot praising him although i know base on his game here in Manila that he plays hard.

4. James Yap - unfortunately, he's a guard and we needed more ceiling than speed. He only played one superb games in Jones Cup offensively and that is against Iran even with good minutes given to him. Percentage wise, he's less than average. Defensively below average because of his height.

5. RenRen Ritualo - he's a streak shooter no doubt, he even improves a lot in terms of his percentage. But that's it, noo penetration, no rebounds, no defense, he's just a pure shooter.

Four of these 5 players will be out of the final 12. I give RenRen the bigger share to be included in the final line-up.

watiwawa
07-14-2007, 02:59 AM
ritualo's importance was seen during the rp vs lebanon here in manila...

in our present national team.. i think no other guy can bring wat renren did..

bolabasket
07-14-2007, 03:04 AM
ritualo's importance was seen during the rp vs lebanon here in manila...

in our present national team.. i think no other guy can bring wat renren did..

Renren answers the question:

IF YOUR TEAM IS BEHIND AND YOU NEED QUICK 3-POINTS, WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

watiwawa
07-14-2007, 03:24 AM

add this..

IF GAME IS ON THE LINE WITH YOUR OPPONENT LEADING BY 3... WHO'S GONNA TAKE THE SHOT??

apiSigbinz
07-14-2007, 03:37 AM
add this..

IF GAME IS ON THE LINE WITH YOUR OPPONENT LEADING BY 3... WHO'S GONNA TAKE THE SHOT??

James Yap of course!!! Go Papa James!!!

:D :D :D

Dinamita
07-14-2007, 04:35 AM
Get rid of KG and De Ocampo...

aklanarcher
07-14-2007, 04:39 AM
De Ocampo and Tony de la Cruz.

warren99
07-14-2007, 04:45 AM
ranidel de ocampo:eek:

no need to explain:D :D :D

ctongco
07-14-2007, 04:47 AM
This topic can be discussed under Philippine National Team Discussion (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3406) or RP NT (Final 12) (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3793). No offense meant.

donmar
07-15-2007, 02:39 AM
This topic can be discussed under Philippine National Team Discussion (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3406) or RP NT (Final 12) (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3793). No offense meant.

Agreed!

Project888
07-15-2007, 04:56 AM
raniel, menk, and dela cruz! they suck!!!!

meloy
07-15-2007, 05:45 AM
IMHO:

Most likely to be out:

1. KG Canaleta - have hardly given minutes! Not a good defensive player and just have a mediocre offense.

2. Ranidel de Ocampo - although i'v seen his desire and determination to play, he's just too small for a PF position and too slow for SF or G.

On the bubble:

3. Tony dela Cruz - have not seen brilliance in their previous games in Tehran and Belgrade base on records. I can't remember Coach Chot praising him although i know base on his game here in Manila that he plays hard.

4. James Yap - unfortunately, he's a guard and we needed more ceiling than speed. He only played one superb games in Jones Cup offensively and that is against Iran even with good minutes given to him. Percentage wise, he's less than average. Defensively below average because of his height.

5. RenRen Ritualo - he's a streak shooter no doubt, he even improves a lot in terms of his percentage. But that's it, noo penetration, no rebounds, no defense, he's just a pure shooter.

Four of these 5 players will be out of the final 12. I give RenRen the bigger share to be included in the final line-up.

NICE VERY NICE, I LIKE IT SOOOO MUCH

YOUR AVATAR:eek:

apiSigbinz
07-15-2007, 06:53 AM
raniel, menk, and dela cruz! they suck!!!!

Menk is badly needed for bulk and rebounding!!! :D

protossdomain
07-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Menk is badly needed for bulk and rebounding!!! :D

If you are following closely the games of Team Pilipinas, his huge bulk and frame does not prove to be very effective in boxing out his taller and quicker opponents. He often gets lost in the positioning and does not secure the ball very well after a rebound.

Regarding his offensive game, often times he's too shy to take the shot and he does not have the confidence for low post plays.

Defensively, he gets blown away by his man, attributed to his slow footing also too slow for transition defense.

Don't get me wrong, he had some contributions but believe me down the stretch he will only prove to be detrimental for the team.

watiwawa
07-15-2007, 11:43 AM
the final 12 line-up is the one playing in the lebanon-rp game..

remmber.. seigle,helterbrand,yap,RANIDEL and TDLC did not play..

so there's a slot...

just my opinion

protossdomain
07-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Let us hope and pray that Danny Seigle recovers fully asap and jells to the team as quick too. I haven't seen him play with the team. :(

apiSigbinz
07-15-2007, 01:04 PM
If you are following closely the games of Team Pilipinas, his huge bulk and frame does not prove to be very effective in boxing out his taller and quicker opponents. He often gets lost in the positioning and does not secure the ball very well after a rebound.

Regarding his offensive game, often times he's too shy to take the shot and he does not have the confidence for low post plays.

Defensively, he gets blown away by his man, attributed to his slow footing also too slow for transition defense.

Don't get me wrong, he had some contributions but believe me down the stretch he will only prove to be detrimental for the team.

he's not as effective as he used to be but i really think we need him in FIBA... just imagine if Asi would be in foul trouble? or worst get injured?

saints13
07-15-2007, 01:55 PM
how I wish Sonny Thoss was there in the RP training pool :)

RayV
07-19-2007, 12:29 AM

So true... :(

Sonny Thoss or even Enrico Villanueva would been a better choice...

I think Eric Menk's reputation as a low post presence and as a rebounder got Chot blinded, thinking he's still the Menk of old...

Judging by Chot's lineup now, I'll pick Ranidel over Eric Menk as our backup PF, at least he's faster, jumps a lot higher and has more range...

ctongco
07-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Multiple thread. Let's stick to one thread so that our ideas can be organized better.

rodreyes
07-19-2007, 03:23 AM
Let's face it, Chot will not choose outside the 15 man pool unless we suddenly discover that Jelani McCoy is indeed a filipino. This means no Sonny Thoss, Villanueva, Miller, Ildefonso, Adducul or any other player that some of us here are wishing to get included in the final line-up.

All indications point to Ranidel and Tony being relegated to the reserve list. The last slot, i believe, is a toss between Ritualo and Yap. Im going with Ritualo on this one. Yes, i sincerely believe that Menk, despite all the negative criticisms thrown at him, will be included. Between Yap and Menk, i will go with the latter considering that he plays PF and C, has a wider and bigger body and can spell Asi Taulava at times. James might have played better than Eric but lets all remember that we already have Danny, Gabe, Mark and Dondon occupying the wing spots. Im sure that these players will play extended minutes in Tokushima, which leaves no playing time for James. Getting James Yap is not only a waste of talent, its also player duplication.

I like the composition of Team Pilipinas. My only heartache was not getting Rafi Reavis. Reavis instead of Pennisi would have been perfect for Team Pilipinas.

bolabasket
07-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Let's face it, Chot will not choose outside the 15 man pool unless we suddenly discover that Jelani McCoy is indeed a filipino. This means no Sonny Thoss, Villanueva, Miller, Ildefonso, Adducul or any other player that some of us here are wishing to get included in the final line-up.

All indications point to Ranidel and Tony being relegated to the reserve list. The last slot, i believe, is a toss between Ritualo and Yap. Im going with Ritualo on this one. Yes, i sincerely believe that Menk, despite all the negative criticisms thrown at him, will be included. Between Yap and Menk, i will go with the latter considering that he plays PF and C, has a wider and bigger body and can spell Asi Taulava at times. James might have played better than Eric but lets all remember that we already have Danny, Gabe, Mark and Dondon occupying the wing spots. Im sure that these players will play extended minutes in Tokushima, which leaves no playing time for James. Getting James Yap is not only a waste of talent, its also player duplication.

I like the composition of Team Pilipinas. My only heartache was not getting Rafi Reavis. Reavis instead of Pennisi would have been perfect for Team Pilipinas.
agree....

meloy
07-19-2007, 03:41 AM
Multiple thread. Let's stick to one thread so that our ideas can be organized better.
CORRECT.... this thread should be merge with the other thread...

i mean who should be cut is the same as THE FINAL 12. or maybe you guys are talking to a different teams?:D

phevergy
07-19-2007, 03:48 AM
orig posted by Rayv
Sonny Thoss or even Enrico Villanueva would been a better choice...

I think Eric Menk's reputation as a low post presence and as a rebounder got Chot blinded, thinking he's still the Menk of old...

I think we should end our regrets of not tapping Thoss in the RP team in place of Eric Menk.
The reason why Menk tapped in the RP team team is because he was the only big guy who showed interest and even initiating to Chot Reyes that he can play without any guarantee.THat's the heart and mark of patriotism. Unlike some,who is just waiting to called eventhough they already know that their size/talent as a big man is needed.With Menk,he took his own initiative even he's injured.Chot appreciates that kind of attitude.:)

rodreyes
07-19-2007, 04:51 AM
I think we should end our regrets of not tapping Thoss in the RP team in place of Eric Menk.
The reason why Menk tapped in the RP team team is because he was the only big guy who showed interest and even initiating to Chot Reyes that he can play without any guarantee.THat's the heart and mark of patriotism. Unlike some,who is just waiting to called eventhough they already know that their size/talent as a big man is needed.With Menk,he took his own initiative even he's injured.Chot appreciates that kind of attitude.:)

Let us all remember too that Chot Reyes is utilizing the small ball tactic. Team Pilipinas will live and die with this. That is why you often see Asi Taulava getting the offensive rebound only to dribble away from the net or pass to another teammate (unless there is clear chance for an unopposed putback). Same thing with Eric Menk. The reason why he is not scoring heavily or not getting enough touches is because he is trying to play the role that Coach Chot wants him to play. Admittedly, he is a little bit slow and he needs to rebound better but still, you cannot discount the fact that outside Asi, only Menk will have a chance to outmuscle the opposing team's behemoths.

pinoy pac fan
07-19-2007, 10:31 AM
I think Chot will cut..

JayJay: he sat out the RP 4 nation series and gave Norwood the back up PG responsiblities. Maybe he's testing Gabe if he can handle the point well enough to not need Helterbrand.

Menk: a little too stocky, a little too slow, a little too out of shape compared to the whole team, and he still hasnt got to the team flow and rythym.

Tony Dela Cruz: looked a bit out of sync in Manila.

maybe:
James Yap

dgenx
07-19-2007, 03:34 PM

ghostbusters?? hehe. of course renren ritualo

sickcurtain_16
07-20-2007, 03:50 AM
Thread locked. Continue discussion in RP Team Final 12 thread.