PDA

View Full Version : The Next Great Brown Hope!

friedbrains
07-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Guys, who do you think is worth considering for future NT?

my vote is michael palarca.

Chatsworth High Shcool’s all-time leader in points, assitsts and steals, Palarca averaged 18.7 points, 7.3 assists and 5.1 steals per game in 2006-07 as a senior. He also led the Chancellors to a 20-8 record and into the second round of the Los Angeles City Championship.

Palarca also led Chatsworth to a 9-1 West Valley League record, earning him league most valuable player honors in the process. In addition to his MVP honors, he earned all-city and all-area honors during his senior year, when he ranked 13th in the nation with 134 steals.

In two previous years on the varisty squad at Chatsworth High School, Palarca averaged 15.2 points, 8.4 assists and 5.5 steals per game and earned first-team All-West Valley both years and all-city honors as a junior.

Palarca took home defensive player of the tournament honors after leading Chatsworth to the Chaminade Christmas Classic Tournament championship during the 2005-06 season.

He's with South Dakota State now. NCAA - Division I.

onono1
07-11-2007, 07:24 AM

Chatsworth High Shcool’s all-time leader in points, assitsts and steals, Palarca averaged 18.7 points, 7.3 assists and 5.1 steals per game in 2006-07 as a senior. He also led the Chancellors to a 20-8 record and into the second round of the Los Angeles City Championship.

Palarca also led Chatsworth to a 9-1 West Valley League record, earning him league most valuable player honors in the process. In addition to his MVP honors, he earned all-city and all-area honors during his senior year, when he ranked 13th in the nation with 134 steals.

In two previous years on the varisty squad at Chatsworth High School, Palarca averaged 15.2 points, 8.4 assists and 5.5 steals per game and earned first-team All-West Valley both years and all-city honors as a junior.

Palarca took home defensive player of the tournament honors after leading Chatsworth to the Chaminade Christmas Classic Tournament championship during the 2005-06 season.

Lets see how he will perform in NCAA div 1st school. Gabe Norwood has impressive credentials too in George Mason Univ. However, what the philippines need now is a reliable big man, a legitimate center for rebounding, shotblocking and a low-post threat. We have many talented guards, big men are what we are lacking right now.

Dinamita
07-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Id say Greg Slaughter... But I doubt it.. he was a bench player during his HS days... :rolleyes:

So im rootin for Japeth Aguilar ... Even tho he havent played a single game at NCAA yet... We dont need him to score but he will be a big help on Defense and Rebounding...

Id like Bobby Parks' son too...:)

GIAN CHIU? he'll probably end up as a DOCTOR :D

Eman Samigue will be a good addition if he continue working out and improving his game...

ramonmagdalo
07-11-2007, 08:33 AM

How tall is he?

meloy
07-11-2007, 09:32 AM
translation needed.

bolabasket
07-11-2007, 10:25 AM
How tall is he?
Palarca stands 5-10

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/mike20hex.jpg

Holy Hand Grenade
07-11-2007, 10:26 AM
How tall is he?

Less than 6 ft, IIRC.

saints13
07-11-2007, 11:05 AM
f1-aMVzu4aw
video: Carls Jr. Player of the Week

Gian Chiu (6'7 at 18 years old)

first noticed in the Philippines by a Golden State Warriors Scout

now playing in Desert Christian High School

protossdomain
07-11-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1-aMVzu4aw
Gian Chiu 6'10" at 18 years old :)

Info on him pls.

JET007
07-12-2007, 12:23 AM
create a u20 team and put chiu as center...

BigFatPandaBear
07-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Gian Chiu can't be the Next Great brown Hope since he is Chinese and yellow.

JET007
07-12-2007, 01:01 AM
he's filipino-chinese like me

kryptoniac
07-12-2007, 03:12 AM
he's filipino-chinese like me

He studied and play for Adamson am I correct?

BURATIN
07-12-2007, 03:23 AM
bigpandakot ng tae is here again to bash the posts about filipino players LOL:p :p :p

hawke12
07-12-2007, 03:36 AM
The Next Jimmy Alapag..

I hope so....

onono1
07-12-2007, 03:58 AM

Hahahahaha :D and he loves to eat tikoy too just like you bigfatpanda :p

kerouac82
07-12-2007, 04:06 AM
He studied and play for Adamson am I correct?
Ateneo High School. He went to Xavier for grade school.

rhk111
07-12-2007, 04:28 AM
I'm sure he's a good player. But we really don't need another good backcourt player in the near future.

What we need is at tall, strong, mobile & coordinated player who will be able to help us pound the boards against countries like Qatar or Jordan, who have a deep rotation of "trees".

JET007
07-12-2007, 04:58 AM
I'm sure he's a good player. But we really don't need another good backcourt player in the near future.

What we need is at tall, strong, mobile & coordinated player who will be able to help us pound the boards against countries like Qatar or Jordan, who have a deep rotation of "trees".
hint: gian chiu

friedbrains
07-12-2007, 05:36 AM
anybody know about FERNAN SISAYAN?

Falkirk F. (Scotland)
26y. G. Scored 18 pts. in 1 game.

Seems like he got game.

rhk111
07-12-2007, 05:47 AM
hint: gian chiu

Maybe, maybe not. I'm a bit concerned why he ended up in an NCAA Div. 3 school instead of an NCAA Div. 1 school. But at any rate, he needs to be able to PROVE himself first that he can dominate at the PBA, or Asian level, before we start taking him seriously.

Onizuka01
07-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Maybe, maybe not. I'm a bit concerned why he ended up in an NCAA Div. 3 school instead of an NCAA Div. 1 school. But at any rate, he needs to be able to PROVE himself first that he can dominate at the PBA, or Asian level, before we start taking him seriously.

He choose to be in Div. 3 school cuz his more into his academics, to be a doctor someday, but still he plays hard in bball.

Dinamita
07-12-2007, 06:03 AM
I think It was his choice to play for a DIVISION III school...
As we all know Division III schools are more focus in Academics....

rhk111
07-12-2007, 06:37 AM
He choose to be in Div. 3 school cuz his more into his academics, to be a doctor someday, but still he plays hard in bball.

Well, I'm not familiar which Division supposedly focuses more on academics than sports, but if that's the case, then good for him.

At any rate, whether he'll be a top caliber player at the PBA or Asian level, he will still need to prove himself in actual competitions once he finishes his studies.

onono1
07-12-2007, 07:05 AM

Hmmnnnnnn, dont tell me universities or colleges in US NCAA division 1st school are not noted for their academic excellence.

onono1
07-12-2007, 07:11 AM
In other words, gian chiu might end up as a doctor (might be his dream) and not a basketball player because division 3 school is more on academics rather on sports development...

pachador
07-12-2007, 07:29 AM
there is a Fil-am power-guard.he is 6 feet and 250 lbs. imagine charles barkley playing guard thats how he plays ! he also plays american football. thats how strong he is as in wrestling strong !
you will know more about him in the next few years..

friedbrains
07-12-2007, 07:36 AM
there is a Fil-am power-guard.he is 6 feet and 250 lbs. imagine charles barkley playing guard thats how he plays ! he also plays american football. thats how strong he is as in wrestling strong !
you will know more about him in the next few years..

6-ft, 250lbs. maybe just another ali peek? what's his name man?

budz17
07-12-2007, 07:56 AM
gian chiu looks a bit soft. do you think he can take the pounding down low? anyway, he still has about two years to improve. if not, he's better off being a doctor.

bolabasket
07-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Click here:

http://www.friendster.com/2711396

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/161303217m.jpg

JET007
07-12-2007, 02:33 PM
gian chiu looks a bit soft. do you think he can take the pounding down low? anyway, he still has about two years to improve. if not, he's better off being a doctor.
he should not waste his height and start training...kung hinde, sayang....:(

demonyito
07-12-2007, 03:08 PM
video: Carls Jr. Player of the Week

Gian Chiu (6'7 at 18 years old)

first noticed in the Philippines by a Golden State Warriors Scout

now playing in Desert Christian High School

i dont know bro but Gian appears to be playing with kids in the video

JET007
07-12-2007, 03:09 PM
LOL!!!!:D :D :D

Dinamita
07-12-2007, 08:30 PM
who is this Jerico de Guzman who stands 6'11?

he's 17 yrs old...from angeles pampanga...
there's a rumor that he will be playing in WKU....
a school where japeth aguilar will be playing....

is this rumor true?:confused:

Dinamita
07-12-2007, 08:39 PM
how about this two guys? any info about them?:confused:

Eric Suguitan 6'9- San Beda Team B

Rabeh Al-Hussayni 6'8 ADMU

they are very tall and we actually need them... I hope they wont end up like CANLAS...

saints13
07-13-2007, 05:01 AM

I agree, he's into a lower level of competition, at 6'7 he's already called a giant in US HS basketball. but the good thing is he's aching to be in a NCAA Div. 1 basketball program. Its better for him to be playing with kids there than the kids he's playing with in the UAAP juniors.

btw, here are some Gian Chiu vids found in youtube.

MtX5BYSVt-k
2005 UAAP Blue Eaglet Vid

3_cE9wX56ro
training w/ San Miguel Beermen

bolabasket
07-13-2007, 05:10 AM
how about this two guys? any info about them?:confused:

Eric Suguitan 6'9- San Beda Team B

Rabeh Al-Hussayni 6'8 ADMU

they are very tall and we actually need them... I hope they wont end up like CANLAS...
Rabeth Al-Hussaini is 6-7, and is starting for ADMU. He's got good post moves with mobility. He still needs to improve though on all fronts. He'll be a good project.

For Eric Suguitan, is 6-8, well he's slow with no improvement

source:
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19825768&postcount=87

rhk111
07-13-2007, 06:32 AM

Those kids probably think he's Yao Ming.

snipes12
07-13-2007, 07:28 AM
stanford and Texas u is a nice division 1 school when it comes to nice education

saints13
07-13-2007, 10:32 AM
well, Gian was featured in the news item because he's a news material..a kid away from home..who is 6'7 tall at 18 years of age..and who loves to play basketball and studies hard at the same time..the segment was Carls Jr. player of the week..it was meant to inspire children about his character and personality..not to showcase his basketball prowess or etc.. :D but hey, he's a Filipino, not so many homegrowns really make a nice reputation in US HS basketball. :D

DaveMap2007
07-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Rabeth Al-Hussaini is 6-7, and is starting for ADMU. He's got good post moves with mobility. He still needs to improve though on all fronts. He'll be a good project.

For Eric Suguitan, is 6-8, well he's slow with no improvement

source:
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19825768&postcount=87

Eric Suguitan is an ex-volleyball player in San Beda...force to play basketball....No Chance whatsoever....

Rabeth Al-Hussaini is part of PCU juniors so called "Twin Towers' during his High School Years his other teammate when on to San Beda...they were task to front the Mapua high "Twin Towers " (Japeth and Michael Galinato)

http://photos.ubelt.com/sitephoto.aspx?id=8706

kerouac82
07-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Eric Suguitan is an ex-volleyball player in San Beda...force to play basketball....No Chance whatsoever....

Rabeth Al-Hussaini is part of PCU juniors so called "Twin Towers' during his High School Years his other teammate when on to San Beda...they were task to front the Mapua high "Twin Towers " (Japeth and Michael Galinato)

http://photos.ubelt.com/sitephoto.aspx?id=8706

Who was the other half of the PCU twin towers?

pinoyballer
07-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Pinoy giant to US NCAA Division III
By Bill Velasco
Saturday, July 14, 2007
philstar.com

After months of mulling over his choices with his parents, Filipino basketball center Gian Chiu will be playing for Oberlin College, a US NCAA Division III school. Chiu, the 6’10” former Ateneo de Manila Blue Eaglet, graduated in the top five of his class at Desert Christian High School in Palm Springs, California.

It was a long, circuitous road for Chiu, who has been following his own internal compass. Intent on increasing his learning, Gian – who at 14 and 6’7” had already trained with the San Miguel Beermen – joined a local basketball camp, knowing that, if he made the Mythical Team, he would be sent to China.

In China, he was spotted by a coach of the Golden State Warriors, who found it easier to communicate with Gian, who spoke very fluent English and was intent on finding a school where he could pursue both his studies and basketball.

“A few weeks later, we were surprised when we got a phone call from Desert Christian,” recalls Gian’s mother, Mary Ann. “We were asking ourselves if this was it. It turned out to be a dream come true.”

Gian made an immediate impact on the Desert Christian Conquerors in his two years there. Before he arrived, The Conquerors were a woeful one win, eleven loss squad. In league play this season, they went 13 and one, with Gian averaging a hefty 16.6 points and 11.7 rebounds. More importantly, Gian was an A+ student, carrying a 4.65 grade point average.

“My parents always told me that, when you have something to do, do it right away,” said Chiu, who has already advanced some of his first-year college subjects (all A’s). “So when I have a project, I finish it as soon as possible, then I can do anything else I want, and just spend the rest of the time refining it, if I have to.”

Gian was heavily recruited, but settled for the Oberlin Yeoman, which is known to many people as a music and arts school in the North Coast Athletic Conference, for two reasons. First, newly appointed head coach Isaiah Cavao promised to build the team around the 18-year old center. Four seniors graduated (two of them honored as All-NCAA selection members). But the team’s tallest player last year was only 6’5”. But that wasn’t what appealed to Gian the most.

“My main reason for picking Oberlin is that 98 percent of its graduates get their first choice of medical school,” Chiu told The STAR. “I really want to have the opportunity to go to Johns Hopkins.”

When he was in grade school, Gian decided he wanted to be a doctor to help people. He’s already decided on internal medicine and diagnostics as his specialization. So far, his aptittude for his studies has matched his great height.

“He’s a model student and a dedicated athlete,” says Kirk Collier, who trained Gian when he was younger. “Whatever he decides to do with his life, I wouldn’t bet against him.”

True enough, Chiu runs cross-country to stay in shape in the off-season (they aren’t allowed to touch a basketball at all), and has even tried American football. He realizes that he’s at the start of the new trend in basketball, where the best big men are no longer the slow, bulky centers of old, but the leaner, more athletic types who are stronger than they look, like number one NBA draft pick Greg Oden.

This writer asked Gian what he would do if an NBA team knocked on his door midway through college. Given the fact that he can also play both forward spots, this is a distinct possibility.

“If that possibility comes up, then maybe I can play for a few years save up enough to put myself through medical school,” Gian admits. “And if other schools talk to me, I’ll take it one year at a time. I’d also love to play for the national team, as long as it doesn’t disrupt my studies at this point.”

So far, so good. Each year seems to have gotten better for the young player, who has the luxury of choosing a future between becoming an imposing Filipino presence in the NBA, or becoming one in the medical profession.

Dinamita
07-14-2007, 08:37 AM
THE FUTURE OF RP TEAM!

:D :D :D

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/firecracker21_/dillokz4.gif

DaveMap2007
07-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Who was the other half of the PCU twin towers?

Sarangay 6'5 playing for San Beda...but he was offered to played at La Salle but didnt materialize....its Nice thing if he went to La Salle Coz the PCU twin towers will be rivals in college...but he ended up to San Beda hehehe:D

rhk111
07-14-2007, 02:30 PM
THE FUTURE OF RP TEAM!

:D :D :D

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/firecracker21_/dillokz4.gif

Gido became nothing more than a back up Center at best in the PBA, while Jomamil & Dillo faded into oblivion.

friedbrains
07-16-2007, 05:20 AM
Gido became nothing more than a back up Center at best in the PBA, while Jomamil & Dillo faded into oblivion.

wala bang kamag-anak si raul dillo? (doesn't raul dillo have relatives?)

i heard during the height of the hype on dillo, he got cousins standing nearly as tall as him. where are they now?

and maybe, we can pair dillo with a 6-foot athletic type and make our own yao ming? hehehehe :D :D :D

bolabasket
07-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Here's Filipino-sounding name...
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/MarquesRamos.gif

bolabasket
07-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Back to the future!hehehe:D

rhk111
07-16-2007, 08:45 AM
wala bang kamag-anak si raul dillo? (doesn't raul dillo have relatives?)

i heard during the height of the hype on dillo, he got cousins standing nearly as tall as him. where are they now?

and maybe, we can pair dillo with a 6-foot athletic type and make our own yao ming? hehehehe :D :D :D

I don't think Dillo had any tall relatives. If he had, they would've been "discovered" by now.