PDA

View Full Version : Why No U19 RP NT ?

dreamwalker
07-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Just wondering why no U19 RP NT, just curious ?. your comments please, thank you...

saints13
07-08-2007, 06:20 PM
that is my question also..why no Junior NT? :D

no U19, U21 etc etc,but there were Junior NT's under the radar of the fans during the BAP time but not that potent as the Men's Senior NT we have right now. some NCAA and UAAP College available players were called to play, I remember that NCAA Juniors MVP of Mapua (I'm not pretty sure) Menor was his name, and we don't even know if they ended up higher than being 8th in the tournament. even the popular SMB guard Luis Alfred aka LA Tenorio played for the Junior's NT but it is not a part of his bio as far as the fans are concerned. there were Junior NT's but they were not as well-prepared as the Men's Senior NT that we have right now. I do hope that the SBP will use all its resources and efforts to come up with a strong one.

marami nagtataka bakit ang baba ng rankings natin sa FIBA, di nila alam e pati yun mga rankings sa Juniors e kasama sa computations yun.(many people are confused about the RP's rankings in FIBA, they don't know that Junior NT's achievements are also part of the ratings) The fact is we're back to square one and we're really left behind. I'm sure the Philippine Basketball officials have realized that Lebanon, Qatar, Iran already have a strong pool of young NT.

There is a plan by the SBP (and we should be happy about it) to put emphasis in developing the Junior NT as well as the Women's NT, and somehow eventually host the Asian Junior Championship to increase public awareness about it. even Ray Parks the son of Bobby Parks and those kids who are abroad like Gian Chiu and Japeth Aguilar might be considered. I hope SBP will really be serious about it. Recruiting able players is just a short-term remedy, but the long-term goal should really be grassroots development.

saints13
07-08-2007, 06:26 PM
my wishful thinking about this basketball program:

sana magkaroon ng sponsor ang Junior NT natin para naman suportado sila at matutukan ang mga pangangailangan sa training nila (may the Junior NT have a sponsor to financially support their needs), kung pwede lang na may European coach sila e mas maganda, dahil habang bata e dapat mas matuto ng basics, at dun magagaling ang mga European coaches. (if the sponsor can afford to have a European coach, why not? European coaches emphasizes basic basketball and that's what younger players should know, it'll be the foundation of their basketball skills and basketball IQ as well) maganda rin na mapanuod sila sa TV ng mga batang pinoy, dahil kapag nakita nila yun mga RP Junior NT members na may work ethics at disiplina e magandang halimbawa yun sa kabataan, kaysa naman gayahin nila aside from imitating the professional showtime players. (it's also better if the Junior NT games were also televised so they can be supported, unlike the previous Junior NT's who play under the radar of the common fans. if they play well and disciplined, they'll be the source of inspiration for the younger generations.)

*btw, translation is included already..
*just a wishful thinking, no facts or anythin about it

aklanarcher
07-08-2007, 09:43 PM
I think we have players U19 competing in some tournaments but not really a formal national team. Players like Ogie Menor, Jervy Cruz and LA Tenorio have played for that team before. The tournament was named Asian Junior Championships if I am not mistaken.

daniab
07-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Maybe bcz u haven't a new basketball's generation,maybe :D

karim
07-08-2007, 10:08 PM
ya i think most talented RP players are playing outside in colleges.....like gabe norwood and others..............

apiSigbinz
07-09-2007, 12:21 AM
I do believe that we have Junior team but we're only limited to a few international tournaments because unlike other junior team who are fully supported by their govt', we don't have that kind of luxury. As we know, forming a Junior NT is as costly as our Senior NT and their having a hard time looking for sponsor coz i understand, the advertising and marketing that they will bring is not really as feasible as what our Senior team have given SMB. It's all about financial backing.

islander
07-09-2007, 12:35 AM
my junior rp nt
j. aguilar 6'10
gian chiu 6'8
j.slaugther 6'11
g.norwood 6'4
e. samigue 6'10
j.r. reyes 6'8
junmar de guzman 6'7

too many outstanding guards i dont know who to choose :confused: :confused: :confused:

kerouac82
07-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Three words: Too much politics.

No doubt, we have a new generation of hardcore ballers coming up. You only have to look at the post above to see what I mean. This does not include other players who are under the radar, especially those in the rural areas. However, the inept "leadership" (see that sneer?) of the old BAP made the colleges think twice about releasing their players to the national NT. However, with a new national association committed to developing basketball from the grassroots, I'm pretty sure that we'll be seeing more young Pinoy players in international play. It's only now that this committment has been shown on a macro level.

kerouac82
07-09-2007, 01:12 AM
my junior rp nt
j. aguilar 6'10
gian chiu 6'8
j.slaugther 6'11
g.norwood 6'4
e. samigue 6'10
j.r. reyes 6'8
junmar de guzman 6'7

too many outstanding guards i dont know who to choose :confused: :confused: :confused:

It's Junmar Fajardo, dude. :cool:

bolabasket
07-09-2007, 01:54 AM
I think RP has no U-19 NT as of now because first we should take care first of our Senior NT currently in Taipei, which I think is already done. SBP is currently organizing regional basketball (or is it tournaments?), this is to have a properly organized selection process at grass-roots level throughout RP. We have to make the organization work smoothly. Once these are in place, we can have the U-21, U-19, etc...notwithstanding a Senior Team B.

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:35 AM
I do believe that we have Junior team but we're only limited to a few international tournaments because unlike other junior team who are fully supported by their govt', we don't have that kind of luxury. As we know, forming a Junior NT is as costly as our Senior NT and their having a hard time looking for sponsor coz i understand, the advertising and marketing that they will bring is not really as feasible as what our Senior team have given SMB. It's all about financial backing.

yes...it really is not marketable especially when you have virtually unknowns.
and our country don't have that much money to pamper every sport it has on its fold, that's why sponsors are very crucial in every NT's success.

speaking of feasibility, I remember when Artadi and James Yap wasn't in the UAAP, they were part of a PBL Juniors All-Star team coached by Jorge Galent in Taiwan, they even made it to the Championships in the Nike Invitational Tournament in Chinese Taipei way back in 2000 (I'm not pretty sure about it). Artadi was the MVP of the tournament, although James Yap was the spitfire for that team. having those kinds of achievements made those players noticeable, that's why they were being lured by College teams to join their squad. that itself is marketability displayed. :)

what I'm pointing out here is, 1st, if that Nike Invitational in Taipei event was not televised, the public wouldn't have a glimpse of how good a young Artadi and J. Yap were, 2nd marketability, has always got to do with exposure to the media, TV, publications, internet etc. If the Youth Games will be televised, and it will create interest in the big population of Filipino basketball fans, there's no way sponsor won't reap their benefits.

Now, it's the SBP's role to do the interconnecting processes, looking for a TV channel to air those Youth Games, and looking for sponsors to fund and support the RP Junior's NT Basketball Program (since, players are ageing, example players from U19 will move to U21 after a few more years, we need a basketball program so that the training wil be done in a continous basis, and not just forming a team that will not play again after 2 years) and setting the proper mindset for the Filipino fans so that they'll get support, just like the PBA campaign for our support to the SMC-RP team.

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:42 AM

the Philippines has a 99.9% of basketball playing people in its population dude :D just kidding..

new basketball generation is always there...the problem is there is not much emphasis on the Youth teams..basketball in the Philippines is also an entertainment/business and not just a sport or a passion, that's why too much politics (was the right case of the former BAP vs. Pilipinas Basketball), took away those chances of having a basketball program for the Youth NT's. but hey, if Philippines was rich enough, we could have up to team D of Senior NT, and about team Z of the Junior NT, we have a lot of basketball players in this country alone, not including those imported ones. :D

apiSigbinz
07-09-2007, 03:36 AM
and our country don't have that much money to pamper every sport it has on its fold, that's why sponsors are very crucial in every NT's success.

speaking of feasibility, I remember when Artadi and James Yap wasn't in the UAAP, they were part of a PBL Juniors All-Star team coached by Jorge Galent in Taiwan, they even made it to the Championships in the Nike Invitational Tournament in Chinese Taipei way back in 2000 (I'm not pretty sure about it). Artadi was the MVP of the tournament, although James Yap was the spitfire for that team. having those kinds of achievements made those players noticeable, that's why they were being lured by College teams to join their squad. that itself is marketability displayed. :)

what I'm pointing out here is, 1st, if that Nike Invitational in Taipei event was not televised, the public wouldn't have a glimpse of how good a young Artadi and J. Yap were, 2nd marketability, has always got to do with exposure to the media, TV, publications, internet etc. If the Youth Games will be televised, and it will create interest in the big population of Filipino basketball fans, there's no way sponsor won't reap their benefits.

Now, it's the SBP's role to do the interconnecting processes, looking for a TV channel to air those Youth Games, and looking for sponsors to fund and support the RP Junior's NT Basketball Program (since, players are ageing, example players from U19 will move to U21 after a few more years, we need a basketball program so that the training wil be done in a continous basis, and not just forming a team that will not play again after 2 years) and setting the proper mindset for the Filipino fans so that they'll get support, just like the PBA campaign for our support to the SMC-RP team.

yes it's true! actually financial assistance will pour if only BAP has done a good job back then... i don't know, but i think they have milk so much with our government budget that they will die trying to defend their stance... i'm sure SBP will do a lot better than BAP in terms of marketing... one move than can really improve the audience share of our basketball team is to tap Studio 23 as their broadcast partner... i can still remember the excellent job they have done during MBA days... and now the UAAP and NCAA!

apiSigbinz
07-09-2007, 03:36 AM

yes it's true! actually financial assistance will pour if only BAP has done a good job back then... i don't know, but i think they have milk so much with our government budget that they will die trying to defend their stance... i'm sure SBP will do a lot better than BAP in terms of marketing... one move than can really improve the audience share of our basketball team is to tap Studio 23 as their broadcast partner... i can still remember the excellent job they have done during MBA days... and now the UAAP and NCAA!

sickcurtain_16
07-09-2007, 04:16 AM
A basketball crazy country will not run out of talent, from generation to generation, that's for sure. It's just a matter of organization and planning. We'll, SBP and Chot Reyes have good programs to start with. We'll definitely have it in no time.

Daniab, sorry to disagree with you, but you really don't know our basketball culture. We might have a player better than DANNY SEIGLE, or evn much much better than EL-KHATIB. It is just that he has not yet been discovered.:D

Onizuka01
07-09-2007, 04:25 AM
my junior rp nt
j. aguilar 6'10
gian chiu 6'8
j.slaugther 6'11
g.norwood 6'4
e. samigue 6'10
j.r. reyes 6'8
junmar de guzman 6'7

Gabe Norwood 22+ yrs old
JayR Reyes is also above 22+ yrs old
Eman Samigue is more than 20+ i think

broh, if only they are 20 yrs old and younger they'll be playing in Junior NT. :) no offense, its just a correction :)

shockdworld
07-09-2007, 04:31 AM
may i ask if lebanon has U19 players?? ha daniab?? lebanon players look like they played each other for about one generation.....hahahaha:D
________
Honda rc211v (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_RC211V)

Onizuka01
07-09-2007, 04:43 AM
What I've read in previous news articles, there will be nationwide try outs of young, highschool and collegiate players for RP JNT U16 and U19, this is to scout young talented players all over the region.. This should start next year or not later this year. This is a good preparation for RP with its grass roots program and its further developments of raw / young players.

There are a lot of young tall kids out there that really needs to be apart of this. I believe we should be able to get sponsors with RP JNT, since the BAP has RP JNT program, they've always come up with a solution of getting sponsors that time the Llulhier's (don't know hows that spelled) played a major role of sponsoring and their determination of forming JNT.
I was once invited to the try outs, but I focused more on my studies so I left behind the training instead played college bball. :(

daniab
07-09-2007, 04:52 AM
may i ask if lebanon has U19 players?? ha daniab?? lebanon players look like they played each other for about one generation.....hahahaha:D

Dude lebanon U19 will play in the word cup championship in Novi Sad Serbia after 4 days;)

RetiredJordanStopper
07-09-2007, 05:25 AM

of course, they even qualified for the world championship, they finished 2nd after china in the Asian championships.

daniab
07-09-2007, 05:27 AM
of course, they even qualified for the world championship, they finished 2nd after china in the Asian championships.
We finished third after China and S.korea.

joel23
07-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Yeah!!! Come on coaches & players! Lets back in forming Philippine Junior National team for future international experience our kids! They last best finished were Asian Champions last 1982 were Samboy Lim, Hector Calma, Alfie Almario and co. Philippines beat China in title by blowout...:D

joel23
07-09-2007, 09:47 AM
that is my question also..why no Junior NT? :D

no U19, U21 etc etc,but there were Junior NT's under the radar of the fans during the BAP time but not that potent as the Men's Senior NT we have right now. some NCAA and UAAP College available players were called to play, I remember that NCAA Juniors MVP of Mapua (I'm not pretty sure) Menor was his name, and we don't even know if they ended up higher than being 8th in the tournament. even the popular SMB guard Luis Alfred aka LA Tenorio played for the Junior's NT but it is not a part of his bio as far as the fans are concerned. there were Junior NT's but they were not as well-prepared as the Men's Senior NT that we have right now. I do hope that the SBP will use all its resources and efforts to come up with a strong one.

marami nagtataka bakit ang baba ng rankings natin sa FIBA, di nila alam e pati yun mga rankings sa Juniors e kasama sa computations yun.(many people are confused about the RP's rankings in FIBA, they don't know that Junior NT's achievements are also part of the ratings) The fact is we're back to square one and we're really left behind. I'm sure the Philippine Basketball officials have realized that Lebanon, Qatar, Iran already have a strong pool of young NT.

There is a plan by the SBP (and we should be happy about it) to put emphasis in developing the Junior NT as well as the Women's NT, and somehow eventually host the Asian Junior Championship to increase public awareness about it. even Ray Parks the son of Bobby Parks and those kids who are abroad like Gian Chiu and Japeth Aguilar might be considered. I hope SBP will really be serious about it. Recruiting able players is just a short-term remedy, but the long-term goal should really be grassroots development.

Hey he is Rogemar Menor played in San Beda HighSchool. He's not played in Mapua. He played for only SEABA league and then skip in Asian Championship because the reason for busy in NCAA Highschool finals against Letran. And then won the title

joel23
07-09-2007, 09:52 AM
my junior rp nt
j. aguilar 6'10
gian chiu 6'8
j.slaugther 6'11
g.norwood 6'4
e. samigue 6'10
j.r. reyes 6'8
junmar de guzman 6'7

How about Macky Escalona???

kerouac82
07-09-2007, 09:58 AM
How about Macky Escalona???
Escalona just graduated this March. He must be at least 20 by now.

Speaking of guards, I'd pencil in Michael Palarca of South Dakota State U as a possible recruit. Of course, we won't have a shortage of guards locally.

Lemme add one more name: San Beda's Dave Marcelo. He had 10 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 blocks in his last game. The nice thing about him is that he's still young and hasn't stopped growing yet. He's 6'6" right now.

aklanarcher
07-09-2007, 10:02 AM
I thought the topic here is why there is no U19 RP NT? :)

RetiredJordanStopper
07-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I thought the topic here is why there is no U19 RP NT? :)

OK, to answer your query...first, no need to form a U-19 team unless you qualified to play for the U-19 World Championship this year. However, U-18 tournaments are contested every other year here in Asia, the last one was held last year. The players of the top 3 teams in Asia are now a year older, so now they belong to the U-19 category. they are players from champion China, second placer Korea, and next placer Lebanon. they are scheduled to play in this year's U-19 or more formally known as FIBA Men's Junior Championship in Novi Sad, Yugoslavia this July 12 to 22.

Second, the need to form an U-18 NT at THIS PERIOD is not in the calendar because SBP is still prioritizing the Senior Team. Everybody and their mother are still focused on the big boys, considering this will be our first stint in a lonnnnng lonnnnnng while and realizing the gravity of what's at stake.

But after this is over, i hope the SBP should prioritize forming the U-18 squad as soon as possible because the next championship will be next year. And what better time to start than now.

FIBA re-defined the junior NT as U-18 for the continental championships (FIBA-Asia) which serves as the qualifier for the U-19 World Championship ( ...of course, these players grow old, hence the extra year.) It used to be U-19 for the continental tournament and U-20 for the World.

So, marquee players like Japeth are Slaughter are over-aged. Gian and Michale Pallarca are borderline cases. 14 y.o 6'4 Ray-Ray Parks, 6'6 Marcelo, 17 y.o 6'6 Justin Chua and 14 y.o. 6'6 Paredes are in. That Webb boy and Nico Dude are in as well

JET007
07-09-2007, 02:15 PM
they should start scouting potential U19 players in philippine high schools and int'l high schools with filipino players...

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey he is Rogemar Menor played in San Beda HighSchool. He's not played in Mapua. He played for only SEABA league and then skip in Asian Championship because the reason for busy in NCAA Highschool finals against Letran. And then won the title

ah now I know, I really wasn't sure about his school, that's why I put it in my post that I'm not sure if he's from Mapua, but I do believe he's the NCAA Juniors MVP back then. he was also invited in the NBA Basketball Without Borders in China, the only Filipino at his time.

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:27 PM
before scouting or training or try-outs or whatsoever..there gotta be a sponsor for this program..you can't have coaches, scouts and trainors who doesn't have salaries and would be willing to work with an empty stomach. speaking of which, I've been reminded about the former posts that I had in the other thread.. :D

here is the ideal :D

http://www4.big.or.jp/~naomy/asia/phl/Sketch/Jollibee4.JPG

the Jollibee-RP Youth Basketball Team :D
U21 - Champs
U19 - Regular Yums

oh diba, saya :D tapos yun mga player e magsasasayaw sa commercial para mag-advertise ng mga bagong pagkain ng Jollibee :D

translation:
for the sponsor's compensation, the RP Youth Team will have to be product endosers of Jollibee :D

JET007
07-09-2007, 02:29 PM
before scouting or training or try-outs or whatsoever..there gotta be a sponsor for this program..you can't have coaches, scouts and trainors who doesn't have salaries and would be willing to work with an empty stomach. speaking of which, I've been reminded about the former posts that I had in the other thread.. :D

U21 - Champs
U19 - Regular Yums

oh diba, saya :D tapos yun mga player e magsasasayaw sa commercial para mag-advertise ng mga bagong pagkain ng Jollibee :D

translation:
for the sponsor's compensation, the RP Youth Team will have to be product endosers of Jollibee :D
ayos...free burgers and chickenjoys!!!
GROWEE and OVALTEENIES are also good sponsors...!!!

JET007
07-09-2007, 02:30 PM
ooops...dont forget MILO!!!

ctongco
07-09-2007, 02:37 PM

U21 - Champs
U19 - Regular Yums

translation:

And give the Mascot and RP Team jersey. LOL. :D

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:48 PM
ooops...dont forget MILO!!!

MILO? hmmm...nakakatae sa umaga yun e..wag un! :D

translation:
MILO might not be good for training :D

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:50 PM
How bout pedophiles for sponsors :D

there are a lot of rumored Gay Politicians who love young good-looking kids :D

I'll give an example, Senator _ _ _ _ Oh!? hahaha

JET007
07-09-2007, 02:51 PM
How bout pedophiles for sponsors :D

there are a lot of rumored Gay Politicians who love young good-looking kids :D

I'll give an example, Senator _ _ _ _ Oh!? hahaha
wag yan:eek: ...imbes tumangkad ang mga players, liit pa sila...
Trans: not that, players physical attributes are weakend....

joel23
07-09-2007, 05:02 PM
ah now I know, I really wasn't sure about his school, that's why I put it in my post that I'm not sure if he's from Mapua, but I do believe he's the NCAA Juniors MVP back then. he was also invited in the NBA Basketball Without Borders in China, the only Filipino at his time.

No, he is not from Mapua... He is from San Beda HS he came from his freshman year up to graduating...

saints13
07-09-2007, 05:06 PM
No, he is not from Mapua... He is from San Beda HS he came from his freshman year up to graduating...

yes yes yes.. I acknowledge your fact already that he is from San Beda Red Cubs..sorry, my older bro told me back then that they have Menor in Mapua..hehe..I got confused.. :D I don't even know the guys first name, it's only "Menor" that I remember..

btw Joel23, do you have lists of former RP Youth Teams..I've seen some, I think in Asia-basket, kindly post some here so we could know. I do believe Kerby Raymundo was a standout during his RP Youth days, he was very young and talented back then.

dreamwalker
07-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Gabe Norwood 22+ yrs old
JayR Reyes is also above 22+ yrs old
Eman Samigue is more than 20+ i think

broh, if only they are 20 yrs old and younger they'll be playing in Junior NT. :) no offense, its just a correction :)

We need to have an honest to goodness U19 NT, I'm pretty sure talent wise, we have lots of them. All they need are wealthy sponsors like, Harbour Centre or Cebuana Lhuiller both commited in the development of amateur basketball.

Who would you think will coach the team ? (my best choice is Franz Pumaren of La Salle, they have the arguably the best college basketball program today.)

And who would you think should be on the team ?

Did Slaughter made the right decision to play college basketball in the Philippines ? would this slow down his development ?. where if he's in the U. S. could give him more competition, the level of play/exposure could give him the added experience to excel in the near future ? Look at Aguilar and Chiu both playing abroad, and it's a very good investment.

Your comments please......merci !!!

dreamwalker
07-09-2007, 09:19 PM
MILO? hmmm...nakakatae sa umaga yun e..wag un! :D

translation:
MILO might not be good for training :D

Kaya pala, now I know....:D

reamily
07-10-2007, 01:46 AM
We need to have an honest to goodness U19 NT, I'm pretty sure talent wise, we have lots of them. All they need are wealthy sponsors like, Harbour Centre or Cebuana Lhuiller both commited in the development of amateur basketball.

Who would you think will coach the team ? (my best choice is Franz Pumaren of La Salle, they have the arguably the best college basketball program today.)

And who would you think should be on the team ?

Did Slaughter made the right decision to play college basketball in the Philippines ? would this slow down his development ?. where if he's in the U. S. could give him more competition, the level of play/exposure could give him the added experience to excel in the near future ? Look at Aguilar and Chiu both playing abroad, and it's a very good investment.

Your comments please......merci !!!

Joe Lipa is the man or Alfrancis Chua

ken_bball
07-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Multi titled coach Ato Badolato should be the coach if this should ever push through. no one does a better job developing young players here.

saints13
07-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Multi titled coach Ato Badolato should be the coach if this should ever push through. no one does a better job developing young players here.

who is that guy? I'm sorry for my innocence about his name? what about him? kindly enlighten everyone on this forum?

RetiredJordanStopper
07-10-2007, 05:25 AM
who is that guy? I'm sorry for my innocence about his name? what about him? kindly enlighten everyone on this forum?

He is the coach of the powerhouse San Beda High School Team,aka The Red Cubs... almost all high school standouts, in one time or the other, played for or against him..from Paras to Ato Morano to Renren to La Tenorio To Ogie Menor.

His program consists of recruiting grade school pupils with height and potential from around the Philippines using his vast network of scouts. He put them in school, of course in San Beda, and train them. It is reported that SBC gradeschool can churn out 4 quality basketball teams, and its high school program has teams A to E. The SBC Red Cubs are the perennial high school champion of the NCAA but San Sebastian upset them last year. Red Cubs players are the target of recruitment or piracy by UAAP teams La Salle and Ateneo.

saints13
07-10-2007, 06:47 AM
now I know.. :) tnx for the info..

The Red Cubs has been the breeding ground of good college basketball players, which eventually has been pirated by UAAP teams.. just like Ren Ren :D

aklanarcher
07-10-2007, 07:13 AM
now I know.. :) tnx for the info..

The Red Cubs has been the breeding ground of good college basketball players, which eventually has been pirated by UAAP teams.. just like Ren Ren :D
De La Salle Zobel also produced a 2 shooters in Migs de Asis and Martin Reyes and a tall PG in Simon Atkins. De La Salle Greenhills also produced Marko Batricevic and Ferdinand.

pinoyballer
07-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Asia-basket.com has an article on Basketball Without Borders and the rosters from 17 Asian countries. Why is there no Philippine representative?

ctongco
07-19-2007, 04:39 AM
Off-topic: Could somebody merge this thread along with threads concerning our Youth Team? This would make it easier for us to read updates and comments about the said topic.

bolabasket
07-19-2007, 04:42 AM
Asia-basket.com has an article on Basketball Without Borders and the rosters from 17 Asian countries. Why is there no Philippine representative?
The answer is simple....we rank very low by FIBA and we don't participate much in FIBA Tournaments and if we did, we sent mediocre players from never-heard leagues and schools. It is only now we're sending our best team.