PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Asian team next to RP NT

saints13
07-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Let's talk about basketball outside our borders.. :D

We're all hands down RP NT fans here, as well as the bragsters and except for the haters. :D

Let's see how other Arab NT's, Mid-Asian NT's, East Asian NT's looks like in the perspective of a Filipino. :)

Projectspeed
07-07-2007, 03:48 AM
I'll go with the world power:D China NT:D

saints13
07-07-2007, 04:05 AM
I'll go with the world power:D China NT:D

they're really miles ahead when it comes to basketball development :( how I wish Philippines could catch up someday.. :D

bolabasket
07-07-2007, 04:14 AM
I like Chinese Taipei...they're more like Chinese version of RP Team...same size, quick, good shooters, good passionate for the game.

saints13
07-07-2007, 04:23 AM
I like Chinese Taipei...they're more like Chinese version of RP Team...same size, quick, good shooters, good passionate for the game.

why don't you vote for them up in the poll.. :)

btw, it's an interesting match for RP and Taiwan..tommorow in the Jones Cup..it's like a carbon copy type of game.. :D

flip_ya_face01
07-07-2007, 05:28 AM
I like Jordan because of the NAME and their coach.

Also Korea, has better shooters than RP without the rainman.

saints13
07-07-2007, 05:36 AM
I like Jordan because of the NAME and their coach.

Also Korea, has better shooters than RP without the rainman.

right now in the Jones Cup, as far as my two eyes are concerned, RP shoots better than Korea..it's only Kim Wong-Doo who is consistently hitting beyond the arc for the Korean NT.

flip_ya_face01
07-07-2007, 05:48 AM
right now in the Jones Cup, as far as my two eyes are concerned, RP shoots better than Korea..it's only Kim Wong-Doo who is consistently hitting beyond the arc for the Korean NT.

Is he the guy who's shooting wayyyy beyond the arc?

saints13
07-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Is he the guy who's shooting wayyyy beyond the arc?

everybody in the Korea NT does.. :D even Japanese and the Filipinos are doin those Ray Allen-range shots and it's hell of a shot but it works..hmm..I wish I could show you some vid clips of that Kim Wong-Doo guy.. :) what's amazing about him is he's emotionless when he shoots those treys. try downloading Sopcast so you could watch ESPN Sports online.

jovani_pineda
07-07-2007, 05:58 AM
japanese team and the korean team.

saints13
07-07-2007, 06:00 AM
ei guys..after you post..

dont forget to vote on the poll :D

we're finding out demographics here .. :D

aklanarcher
07-07-2007, 06:48 AM
I like the South Korean National Team. I like their good shooting mechanics.

apiSigbinz
07-07-2007, 06:56 AM
i like Japan but not their NT... those University players that beaten the RP5 got some balls man... i think they are a pretty strong team 3 years from now... even if we say its only a practice game on our part, even if Coach Chot keeps on shuffling players, and even if we beat them black and blue the next time we meet, the fact that they beaten us one time says a lot! i would love our SEA games bound RP team play against them... should be one hell of a ballgame! :D

meloy
07-07-2007, 10:30 AM
i lyk lebanon.... they are currently second best in asia. GIven na kc CHINA ang team to beat. we can win against china in 2/10 but against lebanon 9/10...
:eek:

pinoyballer
07-07-2007, 10:50 AM
I like Thailand: always bragging, but forever the Philippines' whipping boy.

jundakki
07-07-2007, 10:59 AM
JAPAN - they can beat the best in the tourney...

jushaphy
07-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Japan

jerry_west
07-07-2007, 12:44 PM
japan, korea , lebanon , chinese- taipeh , china, qatar

regierr
07-07-2007, 03:21 PM
i have always been a fan shooters so it's korea.

TauNgaVa
07-07-2007, 03:58 PM
i do not based my vote through a team skills so i go for korea a very quiet team.

reamily
07-08-2007, 02:00 AM
i really do not ;like taiwan they aren't for real Lebanon is good

donmar
07-08-2007, 02:46 AM
My second team from Asia after the Philippine National Team is Lebanon.. why? ...hhmmmm?... maybe because they have one of the best player in the region... and the current events right now in their country... this team deserve to be in the Top2-3 in Asia...

but if you ask me about what team I support overall?

Team Philippines
Team USA
New Zealand Tall Blacks
Australian Boomers
Spain
Lebanon
TBC
TBC
TBC
TBC

donmar
07-08-2007, 02:47 AM

That's right! :D:D:D:D

pinoyballer
07-08-2007, 03:01 AM

That's right!

Lest a Thai basketball fan reads this, I'm talking about basketball only. Because in every other way, I admit that Thailand is better than the Philippines.

Although Thailand, together with the rest of SE Asia, is probably a decade away from catching up with the Philippines in basketball, it is actually making strides. They have a couple of Thai-American NCAA players in the making, and maybe more coming.

donmar
07-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Lest a Thai basketball fan reads this, I'm talking about basketball only. Because in every other way, I admit that Thailand is better than the Philippines.

Although Thailand, together with the rest of SE Asia, is probably a decade away from catching up with the Philippines in basketball, it is actually making strides. They have a couple of Thai-American NCAA players in the making, and maybe more coming.
Actually you're right... but in terms of basketball - we can easily beat the shit out of them... in terms of boxing - pretty much even... in terms of billiard/pool - we can easily beat them... other sports... hmmmm? ... Thailand probably got the upper hand...

saints13
07-08-2007, 03:06 AM

oh really?
I thought those Thai-Americans from the NCAA were only rumors prior to the SEABA early this year?

btw, they're already left behind also by SEABA runner-up Indonesia and former SEABA Champion Malaysia..Thailand hosted the SEABA event but unfortunately sanked in the standings.. :(

pinoyballer
07-08-2007, 03:09 AM
Actually you're right... but in terms of basketball - we can easily beat them... in terms of boxing - pretty much even... in terms of billiard/pool - we can easily beat them... other sports... hmmmm? ... Thailand probably got the upper hand...

That's correct. But when I said, "in every other way," I wasn't referring only to sports (which is our topic here), but more in politics and economics. But yes, Thailand (and Vietnam) are the Philippines' big rivals in SE Asian sports.

saints13
07-08-2007, 06:45 PM
That's correct. But when I said, "in every other way," I wasn't referring only to sports (which is our topic here), but more in politics and economics. But yes, Thailand (and Vietnam) are the Philippines' big rivals in SE Asian sports.

why not include Malaysia? they too are strong competitors in the SEA Games. :D

btw, back to the NT's,

I wonder how the China B team , Syria NT and the true Japan NT looks like, or how do they play..we've seen the other teams in the Jones Cup, and these teams are still under the radar of the Filipino fans. :D

daniab
07-08-2007, 07:25 PM
I prefer Lebanon :D :p

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:50 AM
I prefer Lebanon :D :p

obviously, you're a Lebanese :D

btw, many Filipino players including me are impressed about Lebanon because of Fadi El-Khatib. :D it's really entertaining to watch an RP vs. Lebanon match, it looks like there's a lifelong rivalry already. :D

sickcurtain_16
07-09-2007, 04:51 AM
Yeah, I like Khatib too. But we're talking of Asian team here. So I go for Kazakhstan. Im not actually wary with our chances against Iran, Jordan or even China team b, but meeting Kazakhstan early on the quarter finals or on Semis makes me nervous.

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I like Khatib too. But we're talking of Asian team here. So I go for Kazakhstan. Im not actually wary with our chances against Iran, Jordan or even China team b, but meeting Kazakhstan early on the quarter finals or on Semis makes me nervous.

makes me wonder bro, what's with Kazakhstan that made you nervous?

my opinion about their NT because I've seen their NT play in the Jones Cup, I don't know if there players still hidden, but as far as my two eyes are concerned, its a team being carried by a 19-year old Anton Ponomarev, and that's the Kazakhstan NT story. no other dimension on their game.

I fear them in the next Qualifiers wherein they'll be more matured because aside from Anton Ponomarev, there are other youngsters too.

JET007
07-09-2007, 02:42 PM
China NT! Yao Ming!

b3lowzro
07-09-2007, 03:05 PM
i like Jordan and Lebanon they're more exciting to watch rather than kazakh's or the Chinese team. They have more penetration and balanced shooting; and they play a fast paced game like the Phils
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

saints13
07-09-2007, 05:02 PM
i like Jordan and Lebanon they're more exciting to watch rather than kazakh's or the Chinese team. They have more penetration and balanced shooting; and they play a fast paced game like the Phils

well how bout Chinese Taipei and Japan, they play same basketball with the Philippines...they are more inclined with the NBA-style rather than the European style :)

shockdworld
07-10-2007, 04:43 AM
its china........
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

kalamity131
07-10-2007, 04:57 AM
I like the SK NT, I also hate them. after that heart breaking 3pt shot some years back hehehe... But I like their team darn...

Phantim3dx
07-10-2007, 05:07 AM
China NT, because of Yao Ming. the guy has work ethics and a style of humility you can't find in the majority of players these days, and that's why the guy is amazing!

VII
07-10-2007, 05:10 AM

oh really??
you have a military coup just recently?

only advantage your thailand got over RP is soccer...

and thats it!!!

heres an idea though...
what about the rest of SE ASIA VS. RP...

VII
07-10-2007, 05:13 AM
as for the topic..
i choose you picachu..

i mean sth korea and lebanon...

pinoy pac fan
07-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I love the South Korean basketball program. They are the blueprint on how to be an effective little team among the 7 foot giants of international basketball.

The 2nd half of their game vresus CTaipei showed how great they are at playing "smallball". They were always pushing the ball hard, they moved the ball around so well, they were well spaced on offense, they work for the whole 24 seconds to get their teammates a wide open shot and of course they could hit 30 foot jumpers with consistency.

It was so inspiring to watch pure fundamental basketball like that.

rensquared
07-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Let's talk about basketball outside our borders.. :D

We're all hands down RP NT fans here, as well as the bragsters and except for the haters. :D

Let's see how other Arab NT's, Mid-Asian NT's, East Asian NT's looks like in the perspective of a Filipino. :)

After watching the Jones cup, Fadi Al Khatib and Joe Vogel of Lebanon are now my idols.. Haha.. And Tseng Wen Din, Wu and the Chien guy (their superstar that hits from beyond the arc excellently, their MVP, and the one that has a scoring duel against marc caguioa) I forgot his name, all of those from Chinese Taipei.. And for South Korea I forgot of their names ( their 6'10 forward/center I think, and the one that killed us during the 02 Busan asian games), and Bang sun Yun.. haha.. I'm having a hard time remembering their names..

saints13
07-12-2007, 03:36 AM
After watching the Jones cup, Fadi Al Khatib and Joe Vogel of Lebanon are now my idols.. Haha.. And Tseng Wen Din, Wu and the Chien guy (their superstar that hits from beyond the arc excellently, their MVP, and the one that has a scoring duel against marc caguioa) I forgot his name, all of those from Chinese Taipei.. And for South Korea I forgot of their names ( their 6'10 forward/center I think, and the one that killed us during the 02 Busan asian games), and Bang sun Yun.. haha.. I'm having a hard time remembering their names..

Lin Cheh-Chin if I'm not mistaken. :D

rensquared
07-12-2007, 03:43 AM
Lin Cheh-Chin if I'm not mistaken. :D

Yeah Yeah thats him.. MEn his good.. What a prolific scorer and shooter.. Thanks Saints13

saints13
07-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Yeah Yeah thats him.. MEn his good.. What a prolific scorer and shooter.. Thanks Saints13

well, wala naman iba aasahan sa kanila that time kundi siya lang. :)

I remember, even Mike Cortez did a toe-to-toe game against RP team when the Alaska and RP team met in the finals of the Brunei Cup, 2 years ago if I'm not mistaken. :)

translation:
there's nobody to take charge for Taiwan but him.

sickcurtain_16
07-12-2007, 07:38 AM
makes me wonder bro, what's with Kazakhstan that made you nervous?

my opinion about their NT because I've seen their NT play in the Jones Cup, I don't know if there players still hidden, but as far as my two eyes are concerned, its a team being carried by a 19-year old Anton Ponomarev, and that's the Kazakhstan NT story. no other dimension on their game.

I fear them in the next Qualifiers wherein they'll be more matured because aside from Anton Ponomarev, there are other youngsters too.

Hmm, because kazakhstan had always been the KONTRAPELO team of RP. Also with Japan, although we can beat them, the game is always close and tough.

snipes12
07-13-2007, 06:24 AM
vietnam because they were blown out by a 100+ points

saints13
07-13-2007, 09:37 AM
vietnam because they were blown out by a 100+ points

that's sarcasm :)

btw..the Vietnamese basketball program is being headed by a Filipino Coach..
I forgot the name though.. :) but most coaches in the Southeast Asian region who are in-charge of basketball programs are Pinoys.

reamily
07-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Lebanon good team korea good basketball program japan great rara team loves to run

igorotski
07-14-2007, 04:47 AM
1. Kazakhstan- game against our RP in Jones Cup jus said it all! of all asian teams, this is the team i want most to be beaten by us.
2. Taipei- i love their ball movement. even better than us. also improved 3pt skills.
3. South Korea- a well balanced team. theyre a threat both inside and outside.
4. Lebanon- theres a rivalry between their team and ours. Khatib is indeed a good player.

splitzapper
07-14-2007, 05:33 AM
This thread is a good sign that we are now starting to realize that there is basketball beyond the confines of our country.
Well as always, my favorite team (aside from RP) is Korea. Great ball movement. Torrid outside shooting.

saints13
07-14-2007, 01:14 PM
This thread is a good sign that we are now starting to realize that there is basketball beyond the confines of our country.
Well as always, my favorite team (aside from RP) is Korea. Great ball movement. Torrid outside shooting.

agree bro! :D

international basketball education...that's what Filipinos lack for the last decades :D

pinoypi
07-26-2007, 05:29 PM
i'm a fan of a team loaded up with shooters!!
i'll go for korea! :)

protossdomain
07-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Indonesia anytime.

I go for the underdog. :)

But wait, do you not think that their way........ too under? >_<

blanchmire
07-27-2007, 12:20 AM
go korea....!!!!

donmar
07-27-2007, 03:42 AM
The recent events that took place in Lebanon in the past two years... the Lebanese team deserve to be in the finals along with the RP Team... a new rivalry in Asian Basketball!... watch out for a replay of the Manila Invitational Cup finals in Tokushima..