PDA

View Full Version : Players to Watch at Asian Championship

saints13
06-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Arab players and East Asian players..who do you think are the players to watch out and look-out for individually among others? :)

Lebanon NT, Syria NT, Jordan NT, Qatar NT, Iran NT, Taiwan NT, Japan NT, China NT, Kazakhstan NT, Philippine NT and etc.

http://www.eurobasket.com/AcPhotos_Players/Wang_Lei.jpg
http://www.eurobasket.com/AcPhotos_Players/Khatib_Fadi.jpg
http://www.eurobasket.com/images/jor/134245.jpg

Kindly post your bets, whoever they are.. :) let us know..
add some visuals too.. so we would know what they look like coz arab names as well as chinese/korean names are too similiar with each other, it's always confusing. :)

WIZARD
06-20-2007, 11:11 PM
As jordanian i think Rashiem wright and Sam daghlas
Rashiem is a combo Guard and a super scorer
Sam is a fantastic PG...those will be the main force for the jordanian squad.

saints13
06-21-2007, 12:36 AM
As jordanian i think Rashiem wright and Sam daghlas
Rashiem is a combo Guard and a super scorer
Sam is a fantastic PG...those will be the main force for the jordanian squad.

the Jordan NT relies on its backcourt? how about the big men?

apiSigbinz
06-21-2007, 01:05 AM
anybody can add to what Wizard have posted? we can enjoy the games in Japan if we know who are those players that we should watch...

reamily
06-21-2007, 01:33 AM
ryota sakurai and igarashi can be the key for japan
theres no bang sung yoon on korea so i didnt know whos korean player to watch out for and for the philippines secret

asapa11
06-21-2007, 02:17 AM
for jordan i believe there is also 6'9" Ayman dies#15 and 7 foot dashmal maitah shoetz.. also 6'3" enver soobzokov #9 who i believe is a shooter.

for korea, theres the kims...kim min soo who is 6'7" and is half korean half something else. he is very athletic. also there is 6'9 Kim joo sung, who is a National team veteran for korea. and theres Kim seung hyun, their star PG i think he is 5'9" it would be nice to see him go up against alapag.

for lebanon of course aside from veterans vogel and fadi, there is the young Mazen Menmineh who is a 6'4" sg/sf. also main pg fahed, 6'9" brian beshara who could play the sf position.

for syria i believe its only 6'2" Maadanli who we should watch out. he averaged 34ppg for syria during the asian games.

for Iran theres 6'6" Samad Nikkkah and 6'7" aidin Nekah. also theres is 7'1" Hamed Hadadi who is a good defender and could score. also 6'7" pooya tadjik who used to lead the Iranian NT.

for qatar, as far as i know there is veteran 6'8" yaseen Ismail (he looks more like 6'7) who is very athletic. also there is 6'2"doud mousa doud who is their PG and 6'2" saad Abdulraman ali who is their top scorer.

for taiwan i believe there is 6'7/6'8 Tien Lei who is their mvp last year, high flying 6'5" chen hsin an, athletic center 6'8" tsun wen din (looks more like 6'9-6'10), shooter and current mvp 6'4" Lin chijay, 6'9 Wu dai hao who played college in BYU.

for japan, aside from 6'4" ryota and 5'11 irigashi there is also veteran 6'3" takehiko orimo who is a very good shooter. 6'4" tomoo amino who is also a good shooter. and also the 6'9" takeuchi twins.

as far as kazakhastan is concerned i only know 6'10 anton ponomorev.

for the Philippine team... no comment.. hehe

in my opinion, korea and japan is packed with shooters so we should watch out for them too.

arab teams on the otherhand appears to have more muscle inside and will play really physical.

donmar
06-21-2007, 02:31 AM
Danny Seigle (if he recover from his injury) and Mark Caguioa of the Philippines...

Of course, Yao Ming of China...

The South Korean shooters!... if they're still there!

and Lebanon!

Phantim3dx
06-21-2007, 05:11 AM
"as far as kazakhastan is concerned i only know 6'10 anton ponomorev."

this guy has torched a lot of the opposing teams, did he ever play in Europe or somewhere else?

plays the PF/C position but really skinny to bang inside, he is more of an oversized sf because he is too fast and agile; not really a type of person who oves bodies inside. unconventional PF, doesn't like to post but faces the basket instead fro the shots or driving the lanes.

This is what NBADRAFTNET had to say about the guy, which i just re-worded above.

"#71 Anton Ponomarev, Kazakhstan, SF/PF, 6'10''
Handles the ball really well for his height, and can also shoot the 3's. Shoots well at close range too. However is a little too skinny. Very fast, plays like a SF. He doesn't post up but likes to face the basket, which can be dangerous, at; take the jumper or drive in and make the lumbering bigs foul him, pick your poison. He handles the ball as well as any guard, and has good instincts. Helps the weak side on defense and does it very well. Very athletic and agile, it would be good to model his game after Antwan Jamison. If he plays many minutes he will definitely become a very good tall SF."

saints13
06-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Danny Seigle (if he recover from his injury) and Mark Caguioa of the Philippines...

Of course, Yao Ming of China...

The South Korean shooters!... if they're still there!

and Lebanon!

ei dude,kindly correct me if I'm wrong..i think Yao Ming is not included in the China Team this coming 24th Fiba Asian Championship.. how I wish Yi JianLian was there too.. I wanna see them play against RP NT :)

donmar
06-21-2007, 08:51 AM
ei dude,kindly correct me if I'm wrong..i think Yao Ming is not included in the China Team this coming 24th Fiba Asian Championship.. how I wish Yi JianLian was there too.. I wanna see them play against RP NT :)

Oh yeah!... I forgot about that!... my bad!:D

Phantim3dx
06-21-2007, 11:18 AM
i'd like to see it too, but i dont want to see a thrashing also. internationally yao cant be stopped. he is the premier center in intl competition. his stats at least suggest it

JET007
06-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Mark Caguioa :d

saints13
06-21-2007, 01:25 PM
i'd like to see it too, but i dont want to see a thrashing also. internationally yao cant be stopped. he is the premier center in intl competition. his stats at least suggest it

whether its trashing or not, it would still be an interesting game for me, and it will be an eye-opener for those who think that RP NT is still an Asian Basketball Powerhouse. After seeing a lopsided game in favor of China NT, I think those bragsters will think again and weigh their options. :)

anyway, the good thing is, yao ming, yi jian lian and wang zhi zhi will not be present in the Tokushima joust, a bonus for every team in the bracket A who's expecting for an early collision course with the Chinese. :)

karim
06-22-2007, 04:13 PM
well of the 3 pictures above khatib and rasheem will be 2 of the best this championship but whos the east asian guy wearing number 13 ?

saints13
06-22-2007, 04:16 PM
well of the 3 pictures above khatib and rasheem will be 2 of the best this championship but whos the east asian guy wearing number 13 ?

is it JJ Helterbrand? :) just kidding..

#13 from what country? Taiwan? Japan? China? South Korea? or somewhere else?

karim
06-22-2007, 05:24 PM
man at the top of this thread , saints13 posted three pics ......khatib,rasheem and a third player , who is he ? he looks chinese and young.........

saints13
06-22-2007, 06:35 PM
man at the top of this thread , saints13 posted three pics ......khatib,rasheem and a third player , who is he ? he looks chinese and young.........

I don't know who the hell he is.. :p just kidding..
I think he's Wang Lei.. :)

saints13
06-22-2007, 06:38 PM
that no. 13 is a Chinese player named Wang Lei.. I think he'll play in the China B team.. I really don't know..somebody enlighten me please.. :)

"Wang Lei May Be National Team's Best Newcomer"-according to asia-basket

karim
06-22-2007, 10:42 PM
if hes their best player he doesnt look too intimidating....btw China A has a very weak bench they have just their top 7 players who are good cuz in China and Lebanon games when both teams empty their benches the last few minutes Lebanon,s bench always outplay them and in the final of the 2005 asian championship China played just 6 players all game and their top 4 players played 40 minutes so its not an accomplishment that China B team would win China A,s reserves and seeing that they beat them by just 3 or 5pts i can see Iran,Jordan and Philippines compete and even beat them even though Philippines would have this height disadvantage they have to try controlling it for these 3 games......these are all tall teams with them in the group............philippines are more talented than the other teams but TOO short...if they naturalize a center i think they can top this group,if they stay the way they do they are too short to make up for it in speed and hardwork.......

reamily
06-23-2007, 02:56 AM
wang lei will be the star of china b together w some a players including yi china will field a young team but not a weak team guys

apiSigbinz
06-23-2007, 04:31 AM
for jordan i believe there is also 6'9" Ayman dies#15 and 7 foot dashmal maitah shoetz.. also 6'3" enver soobzokov #9 who i believe is a shooter.

for korea, theres the kims...kim min soo who is 6'7" and is half korean half something else. he is very athletic. also there is 6'9 Kim joo sung, who is a National team veteran for korea. and theres Kim seung hyun, their star PG i think he is 5'9" it would be nice to see him go up against alapag.

for lebanon of course aside from veterans vogel and fadi, there is the young Mazen Menmineh who is a 6'4" sg/sf. also main pg fahed, 6'9" brian beshara who could play the sf position.

for syria i believe its only 6'2" Maadanli who we should watch out. he averaged 34ppg for syria during the asian games.

for Iran theres 6'6" Samad Nikkkah and 6'7" aidin Nekah. also theres is 7'1" Hamed Hadadi who is a good defender and could score. also 6'7" pooya tadjik who used to lead the Iranian NT.

for qatar, as far as i know there is veteran 6'8" yaseen Ismail (he looks more like 6'7) who is very athletic. also there is 6'2"doud mousa doud who is their PG and 6'2" saad Abdulraman ali who is their top scorer.

for taiwan i believe there is 6'7/6'8 Tien Lei who is their mvp last year, high flying 6'5" chen hsin an, athletic center 6'8" tsun wen din (looks more like 6'9-6'10), shooter and current mvp 6'4" Lin chijay, 6'9 Wu dai hao who played college in BYU.

for japan, aside from 6'4" ryota and 5'11 irigashi there is also veteran 6'3" takehiko orimo who is a very good shooter. 6'4" tomoo amino who is also a good shooter. and also the 6'9" takeuchi twins.

as far as kazakhastan is concerned i only know 6'10 anton ponomorev.

for the Philippine team... no comment.. hehe

in my opinion, korea and japan is packed with shooters so we should watch out for them too.

arab teams on the otherhand appears to have more muscle inside and will play really physical.

great post bro.... keep it coming...... i wonder if Kim Chiu also plays for South Korea?..... heheheheh :D

brownwarrior
06-23-2007, 05:29 AM
ryota sakurai and igarashi can be the key for japan
theres no bang sung yoon on korea so i didnt know whos korean player to watch out for and for the philippines secret
Nice one, keep our secret weapons. Don't tell them it's MArk Caguioa okay?

taipan
06-23-2007, 06:20 AM
wang lei will be the star of china b together w some a players including yi china will field a young team but not a weak team guys

Too bad you won't see them in Japan.
Wang Lei and Yi will play for China team A in the USA this summer.:p

taipan
06-23-2007, 06:23 AM
that no. 13 is a Chinese player named Wang Lei.. I think he'll play in the China B team.. I really don't know..somebody enlighten me please.. :)

"Wang Lei May Be National Team's Best Newcomer"-according to asia-basket

Wang Lei is included in China A team will play in US this summer.
This years China B team will be very......weak!

watiwawa
06-23-2007, 07:14 AM
another to watch out for the rp team... we have a 6'6 350 pounds center...... he's just 25 yrs old.... and he plays in euroleague... he's not baby shaq... he's the smaller nowitzki of rp... great shooting touch.. patrick gregorio said that he shoots lyk allan caidic... also left handed

[wtf... English please]

i think he's the one to watch out for the philippines

ctongco
06-23-2007, 08:53 AM
another to watch out for the rp team... we have a 6'6 350 pounds center...... he's just 25 yrs old.... and he plays in euroleague... he's not baby shaq... he's the smaller nowitzki of rp... great shooting touch.. patrick gregorio said that he shoots lyk allan caidic... also left handed

[wtf... English please]

i think he's the one to watch out for the philippines

Just for clarification. This just a joke? Right?

reamily
06-23-2007, 10:06 AM
no0 its true its true chika hehehe

saints13
06-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Wang Lei is included in China A team will play in US this summer.
This years China B team will be very......weak!

oh really? :)
what's left for China B team?
are there players to watch out from their line-up?

taipan
06-23-2007, 02:05 PM
oh really? :)
what's left for China B team?
are there players to watch out from their line-up?

You want my honest answer??

"NO".

igorotski
06-23-2007, 02:36 PM
You want my honest answer??

"NO".

yeah i've been thinking the same since 3 top players of team B were promoted to team A. Isnt china team B just overrated? :confused:

honestly, im more afriad of Jordan and Iran this asian qualifiers.
if the 3 were there, i wud be afraid of china team b too.

taipan
06-23-2007, 03:39 PM
yeah i've been thinking the same since 3 top players of team B were promoted to team A. Isnt china team B just overrated? :confused:

honestly, im more afriad of Jordan and Iran this asian qualifiers.
if the 3 were there, i wud be afraid of china team b too.

Team B is not finalized. But Team A has:

Yao Ming, Wang Zhizhi, Yi Jianlian, Sun Yue, Chen Jianghua, Zhang Songtao
Mo Ke, Du Feng(injured), Zhu Fangyu, Zhou Peng, Wang Lei, Wang Shipeng,
Li Nan, Wang Zhongkong, Ding Jinhui, Liu Wei, Liu Xiayu.

17 players will play in the USA.

So whats left for team B??????

Besides, some younger players need to play the World youth Tour.
The expectation is very low in China. So you guys should be happy to face this China B team now.:)

saints13
06-24-2007, 10:03 AM
how bout Iran? :) who are the players to look out their?

WIZARD
06-24-2007, 10:25 AM
how bout Iran? :) who are the players to look out their?

their are few of them..hamed ehdadi,Samad nikkakh..eiden bahrami..and Mehdi kamrani

saints13
06-24-2007, 11:09 AM
how about the Lebanon NT?

aside from Joe Vogel who is Naturalized

are these two legitimate Lebanese Nationals?
Brian Beshara (renamed Feghali)
Paul Afeaki (renamed Khouri)

WIZARD
06-24-2007, 11:39 AM

they are american lebanese...not Naturalized....same as we have in jordan
Sam daghlas and Enver Soobzokov..

ctongco
06-24-2007, 12:11 PM

I thought Vogel is a Naturalized Lebanese. Even our lebanese friends here at interbasket say that Vogel is naturalized.

WIZARD
06-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Vogel is Natrualized...i meant the other 2 plyaers beshara and Paul are lebanese

karim
06-24-2007, 12:42 PM
ya beshara and khoury are lebanese/american kind of like your taulava and pennissi....anyway khoury retired this year but lebanon is very deep this year khatib,vogel,beshara,rony,roy,ali mahmoud,ghaleb,ali f.......these are all great players....probably the best team ever....im sure they can give China A a real battle........

ctongco
06-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Vogel is Natrualized...i meant the other 2 plyaers beshara and Paul are lebanese

Oh. Ok. hehe. :)

apiSigbinz
06-24-2007, 12:51 PM
ya beshara and khoury are lebanese/american kind of like your taulava and pennissi....anyway khoury retired this year but lebanon is very deep this year khatib,vogel,beshara,rony,roy,ali mahmoud,ghaleb,ali f.......these are all great players....probably the best team ever....im sure they can give China A a real battle........

if they can win the Jones Cup or lose by at most 5 pts then i'll believe in you... :D

saints13
06-24-2007, 04:17 PM

ah they're considered half-blooded or somehow quarter-blooded :)

thanks for the info :)

taipan
06-24-2007, 09:42 PM

Are you kidding me?????

With the Best Centre in the world -- Yao Ming.
The best international prospect -- Yi
The at least 2nd rounder -- Sun Yue
The ex-NBAer -- Wang ZhiZhi
The best PG prospect in Asia -- Chen

I really doubt it!

interxavierxxx
06-24-2007, 11:00 PM
hey guys, besides the Philippines, Japan, and Korea whoelse has a local coach? I think Philippines, Japan, and Korea is the only who doesn't have a foreign coach in their NT.

Wat about Kazlaukas? Will he be still around to coach China's NT?

taipan
06-25-2007, 02:07 AM
hey guys, besides the Philippines, Japan, and Korea whoelse has a local coach? I think Philippines, Japan, and Korea is the only who doesn't have a foreign coach in their NT.

Wat about Kazlaukas? Will he be still around to coach China's NT?

FYI
He is going to the US with the A team.
B team's coach is Chinese. Head coach of the CBA champion team.

daniab
06-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Fadi El khatib for sure :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK2b5craXz4

apiSigbinz
06-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Fadi El khatib for sure :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK2b5craXz4

toinks!!! what are they saying daniab?

are they shouting stop war make love!!? jokes.... :D

daniab
06-25-2007, 07:31 AM
toinks!!! what are they saying daniab?

are they shouting stop war make love!!? jokes.... :D

Sorry for the wrong link !!
here the link www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZLayOnjjnc&NR=1

apiSigbinz
06-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Sorry for the wrong link !!
here the link www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZLayOnjjnc&NR=1

ah ok! yeah i'v seen him already several times... i would like to see other rising Asian star that has his kind of moves...

saints13
06-25-2007, 08:25 AM
ah ok! yeah i'v seen him already several times... i would like to see other rising Asian star that has his kind of moves...

some players don't have much pics and videos on the net :)
they lack exposure on youtube.. :)

apiSigbinz
06-25-2007, 08:51 AM
some players don't have much pics and videos on the net :)
they lack exposure on youtube.. :)

it makes me wonder how popular basketball in other Asian countries...

saints13
06-25-2007, 10:00 AM
they don't upload much pictures and infos, profiles etc. :)
it is only asia-basket that is linking all these infos together about asian basketball.. :)

jundakki
06-27-2007, 04:06 PM

Don't worry guys, Taulava relayed to me that when RP faces Lebanon in the next round, we will be the sure winner cuz Khouri won't be giving his 100%, hey ......Asi and Khouri are 1st cousins. Their mothers are sisters at may utang daw si Khouri kay Asi.

sickcurtain_16
06-27-2007, 04:30 PM
^^Nyak! :D Funny post, but you should have at least spoke in english that you might share the laughter with the other guys here.

saints13
06-27-2007, 05:11 PM
how bout the Jones Cup hosts, Taiwan NT players?
I wonder what kind of arsenal do they have.
Is Kwantsumpong in their Line-Up? :D Is Chen Chi Lung still there? damn, I really suck, I don't know those Taiwanese guys.

*diba yun SBL yun liga nila, bakit ganun, takbuhan ng takbuhan yun mga napapanuod kong games nun, parang mga kangkarot, sakit sa mata, hehe. :)
anyways, wala naman kase kame cable, kaya I don't have the chance to observe the SBL in a regular basis kaya baka natsamba lang na yun mga games na masakit sa mata ang napapanuod ko. :)

translation: let's get on with the topic..shall we? :D

Phantim3dx
06-28-2007, 05:26 AM
I bet Graham Lim knows the players though Saints...

saints13
06-29-2007, 11:06 AM
what's with Graham Lim and the Taiwan NT? :)
did you meant sarcasm or does he really have a connection there?

saints13
07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Taiwan NT

http://www.eurobasket.com/photos/Lin_ChiJay.jpg
Lin Chih-jay

http://www.asia-basket.com/tai/Photos/yulon05.jpg
Tsun Wen-din

Phantim3dx
07-03-2007, 02:20 AM
what's with Graham Lim and the Taiwan NT? :)
did you meant sarcasm or does he really have a connection there?

it was sarcasm

demonyito
07-03-2007, 02:25 AM
can i include Jimmy Alapag? this not bragging, i just hope he is reading right now. well done last nigh Jimmy;)

FilWelsh
07-03-2007, 04:08 AM
Team B is not finalized. But Team A has:

Yao Ming, Wang Zhizhi, Yi Jianlian, Sun Yue, Chen Jianghua, Zhang Songtao
Mo Ke, Du Feng(injured), Zhu Fangyu, Zhou Peng, Wang Lei, Wang Shipeng,
Li Nan, Wang Zhongkong, Ding Jinhui, Liu Wei, Liu Xiayu.

17 players will play in the USA.

So whats left for team B??????

Besides, some younger players need to play the World youth Tour.
The expectation is very low in China. So you guys should be happy to face this China B team now.:)

FIBA's 2007 calendar of events

Stankovic Cup (in Guandong - Macao from July 28 to August 2) China A

FIBA Asian Championships (Tokushima from July 28 to August 5) China B

FIBA under-19 World Championships (Belgrade July 12 to 22) China under -19

China A roster in US summer leagues

Liu Wei
Wang Shi Peng
Li Nan
Yi Jian Lian
Wang Zhi Zhi
Wang Zhong guan
Chen Jiang hua
Zhu Fang yu
Sun Yue
Ding Jin hui
Zhang Song Tao
Liu Xiao yu

Coach : Jonas Kauslauskas

Note : Yao Ming is not in this roster as he was getting married and currently resting after long NBA season but will probably play in Stankovic Cup. Also not on this list are Team A regulars Tang Zhendong 7"0" C (Jiangsu), Zhang Qingpeng, Li Xiaoxu and Huo Nan. They were left in China and probably practicing with team B now.

it would be messy if some of China's youngsters (under-19) would be inserted after their grueling tourney in Belgrade it will create instability in China B. . .So, Taipan is right, what's left on China for Tokushima would be less impressive. . .teams in what so called the Group of Death must be rejoicing as the line -up of China B is not strong, is not deep as they are expected to be. . .

The following would probably in China B :

Wang Bo
Yi Li
Bian Qiang
Yang Ming (Liaoning) 6"5" G
Han Shou (Jiangsu) 6"6" G
Zhang Kai

plus Team A regulars :

Tang Zhendong 7"0" C (Jiangsu),
Zhang Qingpeng
Li Xiaoxu
Huo Nan

Though not so impressive but not to be take for granted

demonyito
07-03-2007, 04:34 AM
can somebody post a photo or stats of Wangbu? hmm his name is intriguing

donmar
07-03-2007, 04:36 AM
Don't worry guys, Taulava relayed to me that when RP faces Lebanon in the next round, we will be the sure winner cuz Khouri won't be giving his 100%, hey ......Asi and Khouri are 1st cousins. Their mothers are sisters at may utang daw si Khouri kay Asi.

WTF!... that's funny.. lol!:D

saints13
07-03-2007, 04:39 AM
can somebody post a photo or stats of Wangbu? hmm his name is intriguing

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/ironicbrew/wangbo.jpg
Wang Bo

nowitzki_21
07-05-2007, 05:55 AM
how bout the Jones Cup hosts, Taiwan NT players?
I wonder what kind of arsenal do they have.
Is Kwantsumpong in their Line-Up? :D Is Chen Chi Lung still there? damn, I really suck, I don't know those Taiwanese guys.

WTF Kwantsumpong? artista sa Taiwan yun di ba?:confused:

Trans: he's the guy from "My MVP Valentine"

MrPrinZ
07-05-2007, 07:24 AM
I have a friend from Japan and he told me that they have a secret weapon which they will use on the upcoming FIBA-Asia. The name of the player is...

Hanamichi Sakuragi...

saints13
07-05-2007, 08:40 AM
WTF Kwantsumpong? artista sa Taiwan yun di ba?:confused:

Trans: he's the guy from "My MVP Valentine"

I'm serious, he's a celebrity basketball player in Taiwan NT.

nowitzki_21
07-05-2007, 02:29 PM
saw him in the Philippines-Korea game doing the commentating for ESPN Taiwan

saints13
07-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I really don't know if its his real name Kwantsumpong and I don't know what he really looks like :D maybe he really is the commentator.. :D

BURATIN
07-06-2007, 06:49 PM
players to watch in FIBA-ASIA

Philippines:
Mark Caguioa
Danny Seigle

Lebanon:
Khatib (the only one)

Japan:
Sakuragi
Rukawa
Sendo
Akagi
Ryota
(1st Five)

Jordan
Write (WTF i don't know the spelling)

Korea:
HA??? :)
(they all look alike even their names)

Taiwan:
Same with Korea their names sound alike

Hong Kong, Indonesia, KSA:
WTH

Ian:
the BraSyrians maybe

leaderg
07-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Lebanon:
Khatib (the only one)

It's ur opinion and i respected,but you will see in the coming fiba asian championship if fadi only will be as a lebanese player to watch!!And i can assure you will be surprised in many lebanese players:Rony fahed,Joe vogel,Fadi el khatib and brian bchara.
I want to say something,maybe all of u said that lebanon is only fadi el khatib but the truth is that Lebanon being their practice lately when philippine was training in a europe countries and jordan in greece...
When Lebanon NT lineup is complete,u can judge,now we missed brian bchara,and this player will be a good helping to khatib.
Joe vogel come to join to Leb NT from 4 days only,Ali mahmoud join on 1 july before 1 day to start jones cup,and with all these situations we won 3 games consecutive.

BURATIN
07-07-2007, 03:10 AM
It's ur opinion and i respected,but you will see in the coming fiba asian championship if fadi only will be as a lebanese player to watch!!And i can assure you will be surprised in many lebanese players:Rony fahed,Joe vogel,Fadi el khatib and brian bchara.
I want to say something,maybe all of u said that lebanon is only fadi el khatib but the truth is that Lebanon being their practice lately when philippine was training in a europe countries and jordan in greece...
When Lebanon NT lineup is complete,u can judge,now we missed brian bchara,and this player will be a good helping to khatib.
Joe vogel come to join to Leb NT from 4 days only,Ali mahmoud join on 1 july before 1 day to start jones cup,and with all these situations we won 3 games consecutive.

thanks for respecting my opinion bro... btw is brian bchara related to maribeth bchara? :p

saints13
07-07-2007, 03:37 AM
thanks for respecting my opinion bro... btw is brian bchara related to maribeth bchara? :p

hahaha, that's a good question :D

watiwawa
07-07-2007, 05:55 AM

im impressed w/ vogel's game... but i forgot the oponent this jones cup...

and also mahmoud... a good scorer and stealer

saints13
07-07-2007, 05:56 AM
ei, any Lebanese answer this question of mine..

Is Joe Vogel always hot-tempered? :D It would be exciting if I'll see him exchange punches with another hot-headed big player :D

apiSigbinz
07-07-2007, 06:01 AM
players to watch in FIBA-ASIA

Philippines:
Mark Caguioa
Danny Seigle

Lebanon:
Khatib (the only one)

Japan:
Sakuragi
Rukawa
Sendo
Akagi
Ryota(1st Five)

Jordan
Write (WTF i don't know the spelling)

Korea:
HA??? :)
(they all look alike even their names)

Taiwan:
Same with Korea their names sound alike

Hong Kong, Indonesia, KSA:
WTH

Ian:
the BraSyrians maybe

OMG!!! Japan has the deadliest and strongest first five of them all!!!!! :D :D :D

saints13
07-07-2007, 06:07 AM
OMG!!! Japan has the deadliest and strongest first five of them all!!!!! :D :D :D

according to the Anime Finale..that line-up didn't reach their aimed status which is "to be the No. 1 in Japan"..hehehe..how come they even want to be no. 1 in Asia

patulan ba ang kahangalan sa Anime :D

translation:
Slam Dunk is a very popular cartoons in RP way back in 1997. :D

kepweng
07-07-2007, 06:15 AM

Aren't those from the slamdunk cartoons? While we were still in Manila, my son loves to watch that. Anyway let's get back to the topic... Mark Caguioa is really one hell of a player. He and Danny Seigle will rock Asia.

apiSigbinz
07-07-2007, 06:33 AM
according to the Anime Finale..that line-up didn't reach their aimed status which is "to be the No. 1 in Japan"..hehehe..how come they even want to be no. 1 in Asia

patulan ba ang kahangalan sa Anime :D

translation:
Slam Dunk is a very popular cartoons in RP way back in 1997. :D

actually that anime movie sucks big time, paulit-ulit nalang wlang ending! oops that's 4 words right there sir! :D yeah your right they played in interhigh but never make it to finals! :D

apiSigbinz
07-07-2007, 06:36 AM
Aren't those from the slamdunk cartoons? While we were still in Manila, my son loves to watch that. Anyway let's get back to the topic... Mark Caguioa is really one hell of a player. He and Danny Seigle will rock Asia.

yes they are! but i still think Fadi el Khatib is the second best player in Asia! :D

aklanarcher
07-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Danny Seigle and Gabe Norwood for the Philippines.

saints13
07-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Danny Seigle and Gabe Norwood for the Philippines.

well its better if we educate ourselves (Filipinos) about other players to watch in the FIBA Asia..rather than exposing our own.. :D but yes, there are about more than 5 players to watch in the RP NT for the rest of Asia :D

watiwawa
07-07-2007, 02:26 PM
well its better if we educate ourselves (Filipinos) about other players to watch in the FIBA Asia..rather than exposing our own.. :D but yes, there are about more than 5 players to watch in the RP NT for the rest of Asia :D

evryone in ANY national team is a player to watch.. he'll not represent his country if he's not a good player...

saints13
07-07-2007, 02:36 PM
evryone in ANY national team is a player to watch.. he'll not represent his country if he's not a good player...

then watch them all.. :D

you don't read between the lines dude.. what I meant was player to watch was players to look out for.. :)

BURATIN
07-07-2007, 04:46 PM

i think if im gonna watch them all,..... i wont have a time for my girlfriend then:D

OT:i read the slam dunk manga wherein they beat the number 1 team in japan ...:) and sakuragi is the best player of that game :) :) :)

i hope that the teardrop shot of mark caguioa will all go in hehehe
even the commentor chuck is impressed by that shot:D

ros
07-08-2007, 04:35 AM
anyone who have upload the game against iran in youtube. I mean the ESPN one not the ABC coz I wanna hear what chuck think of our RP team.

jovani_pineda
07-08-2007, 07:13 AM
I really don't know if its his real name Kwantsumpong and I don't know what he really looks like :D maybe he really is the commentator.. :D

yeah that guy, when i was in high school, we imitate his moves in his teledrama...hehehe:)

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3434/duan20chen20fengen5.jpg

Yan Xing Shu aka Duan Chen Feng aka kwansumpong or chong fong in the phil.

saints13
07-08-2007, 09:04 AM
yeah that guy, when i was in high school, we imitate his moves in his teledrama...hehehe:)

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3434/duan20chen20fengen5.jpg

Yan Xing Shu aka Duan Chen Feng aka kwansumpong or chong fong in the phil.

ah, he's the commentator in Jones Cup..he's shown everytime together with his co-commentator..is he in the Taiwan NT? maybe not, I don't notice him.
he really looks showbiz, look likes Bruce Quebral of PBB 2.

jovani_pineda
07-08-2007, 09:28 AM
my brother said when he watched a chinese taipei game yesterday, he didn't see him on the commentators seat. i think he's playing. he is still young and i never seen him against any r.p. team? i wish he will play...!!!!hahaha...i remember the chong fong lay-up in my high school days...!!!!hehehehe

saints13
07-08-2007, 12:03 PM
I hear his name on the court as a joke.. their calling names like Kwantsumpong :D

saints13
07-08-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm getting intrigued with those guys who doesnt show up in the Jones Cup, those so-called hidden aces. :)

and I want to see Japan NT and Syria NT, do anyone here have news about them?

snipes12
07-08-2007, 08:37 PM
stop being biased ... i pick .. one of the best kept secret weapon of china..

the twin towers .......

benny cheng and wilmer ong

jundakki
07-08-2007, 11:05 PM
anyone who have upload the game against iran in youtube. I mean the ESPN one not the ABC coz I wanna hear what chuck think of our RP team.

Well Mr Chuck says to his co-analyst Anthony Suntey that Tolava is
getting better with controlling the boards, James Yep is also a welcome late addition to the team adding some firepower.

He notices that veteran Erik Mingk is listless, while Kerby Raymowndow still has to prove himself. Considers Mark Cagiya as the most reliable score in the team.

He is awed by slamming Kelly Williams the only player he pronounces correctly.

Dinamita
07-09-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm getting intrigued with those guys who doesnt show up in the Jones Cup, those so-called hidden aces. :)

and I want to see Japan NT and Syria NT, do anyone here have news about them?

I think Japan just lost to the GERMAN YOUNG TALENTS...

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:36 AM
I think Japan just lost to the GERMAN YOUNG TALENTS...

as expected..it's that Kawamura guy and Takehiko Orimo doin the damage against the German youth team. did they lost? I thought they won.

kryptoniac
07-09-2007, 06:13 AM
ESPN currently showing a replay of RP vs. Taiwan game yesterday. Y'all peeps think they're gonna show the missing almost 3 minutes of the last quarter? We all know RP team won it already but hey, I still wanna watch that last 3 minutes and see the complete demolition of Taiwan by RP.

Dinamita
07-09-2007, 09:33 AM
as expected..it's that Kawamura guy and Takehiko Orimo doin the damage against the German youth team. did they lost? I thought they won.

Yup, Japan lost to Germany....
But they win against UKRAINE...

Japanese A NT is preparing in Europe and surprisingly, Japan crushed Ukraine, 89-75!!!
Ukraine was also A team and this victory gave a huge confidence on Japanese players!!!
Here's the stats:

Japan 89 (26-26, 17-12, 32-20, 14-17) 75 Ukraine

Ryota Sakurai 12 pts
Takehiko Orimo 26 pts
Kosuke Takeuchi 15 pts
Kei Igarashi 10 pts

watiwawa
07-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Yup, Japan lost to Germany....
But they win against UKRAINE...

Japanese A NT is preparing in Europe and surprisingly, Japan crushed Ukraine, 89-75!!!
Ukraine was also A team and this victory gave a huge confidence on Japanese players!!!
Here's the stats:

Japan 89 (26-26, 17-12, 32-20, 14-17) 75 Ukraine

Ryota Sakurai 12 pts
Takehiko Orimo 26 pts
Kosuke Takeuchi 15 pts
Kei Igarashi 10 pts

calling cariaso or tubid,,, matanda p dn yan khit papano

b3lowzro
07-09-2007, 12:38 PM
calling cariaso or tubid,,, matanda p dn yan khit papano

i remember cariaso gave orimo a punch down to the cellar to stop him back in busan asian games... yeah we really need cariaso badly!!!
________
Payment protection insurance dicussion (http://www.insurance-forums.org/payment-protection-insurance/)

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:00 PM
i remember cariaso gave orimo a punch down to the cellar to stop him back in busan asian games... yeah we really need cariaso badly!!!

sundot lang sa tiyan yun..panira ng pulso :D

translation:
he didn't actually punch orimo, but he ruined his day after that move :D

JET007
07-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Who to watch for RP:
after the last jones cup games, james yap and renren ritualo would be worth SHAKING HANDS WITH[edited...hehehe]...

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Who to watch for RP:
after the last jones cup games, james yap and renren ritualo would be worth scouting...

that is for the benefit of non-Filipinos here in the forum.. :D

but for us, we Filipinos know that already.. :D

we're trying to figure out here how about those players who's teams are not on our radar as far as Jones Cup and the Manila Invitational Tournament is concerned..... :)

JET007
07-09-2007, 02:36 PM
inedit ko na yun...hehehe

trans: NO NEED TO, because there is a five word limit, this is only 4 words...:D :D :D :D

saints13
07-09-2007, 05:11 PM
will the Chinese let Sun Ming Ming play? LOL

how bout Qatar, when will they naturalize a white guy or a Chinese guy? :D LOL also..

RetiredJordanStopper
07-10-2007, 05:59 AM
those who didnt play in the Jones Cup

Iran:
their 6'4 PG
their 7'5 center Jaber

Taiwan (Chinese Taipei)
6'9 small forward Tien "Garret" Lei...he is The MAN as far as CT basketball is concern..better than Lin Chih Jay and Sacramento Kings Camper Chen Shin An

Japan:
the Takeuchi Twins, one is 6'10, the other 6'9, 22 y.o.both very mobile and have range
Kei Igarashi - their version of Mark Caguioa
Ken Sako - their version of Jaworski in terms of basketball IQ and leadership
Orimo - Japan's best shooter

saints13
07-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Tien Lei? is he the Taiwanese-American, the main man of the Chinese Taipei squad back then?

RetiredJordanStopper
07-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Tien Lei? is he the Taiwanese-American, the main man of the Chinese Taipei squad back then?

No. he's pure Taiwanese, if ur watching the jones cup lately, he's the tall guy in civilian clothes sitting on the bench. last night he's wearing the pink nike shirt (no joke)..

the taiwanese-american is Cheh Chi Long aka the Dragon, he once played as an IMPORT for Shanghai Sharks in the CBA alonside Yao Ming..so he was that good. His contempoary is Kenneth Duremdes. He is now retired and now the asst. coach for CT

karim
07-10-2007, 01:46 PM
qatar has only naturalized 2 white guys...they are jordanian brothers......Does Japan have their 218cm center who looks like a mongol ?? the 1 who played at asian games last year......i think he makes a huge difference in the team since their 2nd tallest player is only 205.......

saints13
07-10-2007, 03:05 PM
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/headshots/jaber-rouzbahani-hd.jpg

Iran's Jaber Rouzbahani

The Face of Death! LOL
will this guy be in the present in the IR Iran NT this coming FIBA Asia Championship 2007?

saints13
07-10-2007, 03:07 PM
No. he's pure Taiwanese, if ur watching the jones cup lately, he's the tall guy in civilian clothes sitting on the bench. last night he's wearing the pink nike shirt (no joke)..

the taiwanese-american is Cheh Chi Long aka the Dragon, he once played as an IMPORT for Shanghai Sharks in the CBA alonside Yao Ming..so he was that good. His contempoary is Kenneth Duremdes. He is now retired and now the asst. coach for CT

that Cheh Chi Long is a legend as far as Chinese Taipei basketball is concerned :D tnx for the info bro.. :)

jundakki
07-10-2007, 03:12 PM
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/headshots/jaber-rouzbahani-hd.jpg

Iran's Jaber Rouzbahani

The Face of Death! LOL
will this guy be in the present in the IR Iran NT this coming FIBA Asia Championship 2007?

Hey is that the twin brother of Mr. Bean?

For viewers in the Philippines you can watch FIBA-Asia re: RP vs IRAN at BTV, but not sure if this will be beamed live....

http://www.solar-entertainment.com/r...y_btv_grid.pdf

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...apan%2ffiba%2f

saints13
07-10-2007, 05:27 PM
This one is quoted from Butata from the Jones Cup thread..since the Jones Cup thread is deemed to be inactive soon, he pointed out a player who became a factor between FIBA Asia Championship Group D's contenders, Chinese Taipei and Korea.

Did you guys watch the Korea-Taiwan game? Man, Korea unleashed their 6-10 power forward Kim Joo-sung who was not used in their first seven games. He had a monster game together with 7-2 Ha Seung-jin and both dominated the paint against the Taiwanese. Talk about making a statement as Korea and Taiwan will be in the 2nd toughest bracket in FIBA-Asia. The other contender in that group is Syria.:)

http://basketball.sport.org.cn/home/focusReport/upload/img/h12/h5/20050119201012kimjs.jpg
Kim Joo Sung - was he a lucky pick on that game? or was he really hidden until that game?

http://basketball.sport.org.cn/home/focusReport/upload/img/h12/h5/20050119200320seojh.jpg
Seo Jang Hoon - is he included in the Tokushima bound Sokor NT?

saints13
07-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Individual Stat Leaders in the Recently Concluded Jones Cup 2007

Scoring
1 El Cheikh Fadi El Khatib 23.9
2 M.S. Nikkhah Bahrami 20.3
3 Anton Ponomarev 18.7
4 Rashiem Wright 17.3
5 Kim Joo-sung 17.0
6 Shohei Kikuchi 16.4
7 Joseph Vogel 16.2
8 Lin Chih-jay 16.0
9 Aidin Nikkhah Bahrami 15.9
10 Yasseen Ismail Musa 15.9

Rebounding
1 Anton Ponomarev 9.7
2 Hamed Ehadadi 9.1
3 Joseph Vogel 8.8
4 Wu Dai-hao 7.3
5 Zaid Al Khas 7.2
6 Erfan Ali Saeed 7.1
7 Kim Joo-sung 6.5
8 El Cheikh Fadi El Khatib 6.5
9 Yasseen Ismail Musa 6.3
10 Ayman Idais 6.2
11 Omer Abdgader Salem 6.2
12 Pauliasi Taulava 6.2

Assists
1 Yang Dong-guen 5.9
2 Kim Seung-hyun 4.7
3 Javad Davan 4.4
4 Takumi Ishizaki 4.2
5 Osama Daghles 4.1

Steals
1 Hamed Afagh Eslamieh 1.9
2 Yang Dong-guen 1.9
3 Kim Seung-hyun 1.8
4 Yang Hee-jong 1.7
5 Reed Rawlings 1.7

Blocked Shots
1 Kim Joo-sung 2.0
2 Ha Seung-jin 2.0
3 Tsun Wen-din 1.9
4 Hamed Ehadadi 1.7
5 Wu Dai-hao 1.7

splitzapper
07-11-2007, 03:08 AM
This one is quoted from Butata from the Jones Cup thread..since the Jones Cup thread is deemed to be inactive soon, he pointed out a player who became a factor between FIBA Asia Championship Group D's contenders, Chinese Taipei and Korea.

http://basketball.sport.org.cn/home/focusReport/upload/img/h12/h5/20050119201012kimjs.jpg
Kim Joo Sung - was he a lucky pick on that game? or was he really hidden until that game?

http://basketball.sport.org.cn/home/focusReport/upload/img/h12/h5/20050119200320seojh.jpg
Those who been observing international basketball knows that Kim Joo Sung is the main big man of Korea. He is a veteran internationalist and is the partner of Seo Jang Hoon during the 2002 Asiad.

Julian Kim or Kim Min Soo and Sandrin are their rising star. Main offensive thrust of Korea revolves on Kim SH, Kim JS with Ha and Kyu Sup.

He is one of their tago (hidden players), that is why i was wondering why he did not see action during the earlier stages of Jones Cup.

He is could be remembered by Filipinos fans as the player whom Enrico Villanueva engaged on a fist fight during a certain Brunei International TOurnament(not sure of the year) wherein Enrico was almost detained in jail for doing so.

milksoap
07-11-2007, 03:54 AM

what IF Korea use this player to beat us on Fiba Asia next month...ano panapat natin d2 guys...

Transaltion:How can rp beat this guys.

meloy
07-11-2007, 04:06 AM
danny seigle
reren ritualo
and
mark caguioa

manu_bol
07-11-2007, 04:09 AM
what IF Korea use this player to beat us on Fiba Asia next month...ano panapat natin d2 guys...

Transaltion:How can rp beat this guys.

ok lng yun. the 2002 RP team almost beat them anyway with Seo and Kim Joo. I think this RP team is better than the 2002 RP team and Kim min soo is better that kim joo.

RetiredJordanStopper
07-11-2007, 06:17 AM
Big men Seo and Kim Joo Sung are a tough match up for the RP guys, add to that Ha Seung Jun and the 2 new americanized guys Daniel Sandrin and Julian Kim, and RP really do have a big problem, Kim Joo Sung is a very mobile bigman with range and a good vertical leap. Seo has the veteran smarts but maybe through with his FIBA career. I just hope in the future, RP would fasttrack the development of its bigs namely Japeth, Gian, Slaughter, Eman and a bunch of other above 6'9

saints13
07-11-2007, 08:45 AM
I just hope in the future, RP would fasttrack the development of its bigs namely Japeth, Gian, Slaughter, Eman and a bunch of other above 6'9

I'm hoping too..

seeing the RP team right now lacking the ceiling..

I'm sure those guys participation to the team in the near future..

would not go to waste..

SkyWalker
07-11-2007, 02:05 PM

actually, it was dennis espino.:)

saints13
07-11-2007, 03:53 PM
actually, it was dennis espino.:)

was it really Espino or Cariaso? :D

how did Espino came into the picture when Cariaso is tasked to guard Orimo one-on-one? just asking while I refresh my memory :confused: ..if you have a video clip, we'd love to see it.tnx

milksoap
07-12-2007, 02:12 AM
was it really Espino or Cariaso? :D

how did Espino came into the picture when Cariaso is tasked to guard Orimo one-on-one? just asking while I refresh my memory :confused: ..if you have a video clip, we'd love to see it.tnx

It was Dennis Espino not cariaso i remeber that Orimo of japan playing like a one man team ("sugapa"), he was free on 3 pnt. line then Espino approach him a foul on by touching her stomach then "napikon" si Orimo and that time Orimo lost her rhythm missing some shots..i guess im correct..:confused: :D

saints13
07-12-2007, 03:24 AM
since 2002 I've always thought it was Cariaso :D

then came Milksoap and Skywalker telling me its Dennis the Menace :D

well tnx guys! :D

joel23
07-12-2007, 03:37 AM
If Philippines beat Jordan and Iran... Surely the Philippines will easy pick to Qualify... My priority is Philippines beat Jordan and Iran than China NT. I hope elimated Jordan and Iran then China NT will advance to Finals for Philippine Team will make easy...:)

RetiredJordanStopper
07-12-2007, 04:36 AM
since 2002 I've always thought it was Cariaso :D

then came Milksoap and Skywalker telling me its Dennis the Menace :D

well tnx guys! :D

Espino switched over to help block Orimo, who came off a switch. Instead of a block, he gave him a "phanthom" punch right on the bread basket. Orimo still made the 3, but was a non-factor on the ensuing plays.

It was Cariaso who drove to the hoop for the winning basket.

igorotski
07-12-2007, 07:59 AM
It was Dennis Espino not cariaso i remeber that Orimo of japan playing like a one man team ("sugapa"), he was free on 3 pnt. line then Espino approach him a foul on by touching her stomach then "napikon" si Orimo and that time Orimo lost her rhythm missing some shots..i guess im correct..:confused: :D

lol.:D

what's that supposed to mean

JET007
07-12-2007, 01:21 PM
LOL:D is orimo gay???:p :p :p

budz17
07-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Individual Stat Leaders in the Recently Concluded Jones Cup 2007

Rebounding
1 Anton Ponomarev 9.7
2 Hamed Ehadadi 9.1
3 Joseph Vogel 8.8
4 Wu Dai-hao 7.3
5 Zaid Al Khas 7.2
6 Erfan Ali Saeed 7.1
7 Kim Joo-sung 6.5
8 El Cheikh Fadi El Khatib 6.5
9 Yasseen Ismail Musa 6.3
10 Ayman Idais 6.2
11 Omer Abdgader Salem 6.2
12 Pauliasi Taulava 6.2

wow, only taulava made it to the list of "top" performers in the jones cup. our team used teamwork so we beat a lot of teams

JET007
07-12-2007, 02:15 PM
wow, only taulava made it to the list of "top" performers in the jones cup. our team used teamwork so we beat a lot of teams
hehehe...the other teams only rely on certain players:
Jordan: rashim wright
Lebanon: Khateeb
Japan: Orimo
Kazakstan: Ponomarev
the advantage of teamwork is better team chemistry and if anyone gets injured, we have adequate replacements...like with danny seigle and mark cagouia not playing in manila invitational game 1 but we still won...

igorotski
07-12-2007, 02:31 PM
hehehe...the other teams only rely on certain players:
Jordan: rashim wright
Lebanon: Khateeb
Japan: Orimo
Kazakstan: Ponomarev
the advantage of teamwork is better team chemistry and if anyone gets injured, we have adequate replacements...like with danny seigle and mark cagouia not playing in manila invitational game 1 but we still won...

add these:
daghlas for jordan
fahed and vogel for lebanon
sakurai for japan

saints13
07-12-2007, 02:40 PM
as for Syria.. Michael Maadanli.. :)

but the way I saw him play and the rest of the Syrian squad, I think Chinese Taipei and Korea will have the upper hand on their bracket D in Tokushima.

JET007
07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
as for Syria.. Michael Maadanli.. :)

but the way I saw him play and the rest of the Syrian squad, I think Chinese Taipei and Korea will have the upper hand on their bracket D in Tokushima.
I would certainly like to meet chinese taipei again in the 2nd round(hopefully) and waste them again...hahaha:D :D :D ...just joking!
Also japan...we need to avenge that defeat...

saints13
07-14-2007, 01:38 PM
The Tokushima-Bound China Squad... :D

I admire this team's discpline, at a very young age they maintain that kind of attitude, it will do them well soon as they move to higher levels of b-ball :D

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/ironicbrew/wangbo.jpg
Wang Bo
A precise big man, pure substance over style. :)

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/k/p/2005-03-05/U338P6T12D1432893F44DT20050305215409.jpg
Yi Li
This one is a human kite, very athletic at his height. :)

hope we'll see more of this team :D
and some of the players they're gonna be adding soon in Tokushima :)

igorotski
07-14-2007, 10:59 PM
WTF? Kenny Henderson, import of a ballclub in Japan got a Jap citizenship and will play for their NT!!

http://www.asia-basket.com/JPN/JPN.asp

warren99
07-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Kerby Raymundo in Beatles style (or is it Prince Valiant?) and Dondon Hontiveros a la Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon.:D :D :D

sinobball
07-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Finally one ex-NBA player in Tokushima

http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3965

manu_bol
07-15-2007, 02:22 AM
Finally one ex-NBA player in Tokushima

http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3965

so that makes it 3 ex-players in tokushima... ha, vogel, henderson

japan is doing everything it can for that 1 olympic slot

this naturalization thing is kinda freaky

every asian team should naturalize one ex-nba center...:D :D :D

manu_bol
07-15-2007, 03:00 AM
in the philippines, it's hard for norwood to obtain his citizenship (even though he has filipino roots) in time for Ffiba-asia. and now here we have henderson, conveniently receiving his citizenship a few days before tokushima.. what happened to japanese honor?

saints13
07-15-2007, 03:47 AM
about Norwood's problem, will somebody tell him where Recto is? :D The best place for all kinds of documents, passport, diploma, driver's license, marriage certificates etc. all sorts of legal documents you can find it there in the black market. :D

well, good for Japan, they really have a Sakuragi now, in the person of Naturalized Henderson. :D

saints13
07-15-2007, 03:54 AM
J.R. obtains citizenship, to play for national team
July 14, 2007
source: asia-baset JPN

http://www.nfl.com/u/photos/madness98/Hendersonbig.jpg
JR Henderson Naturalized by Japan NT to be officially named as Sakuragi

In a shocking development, 6-year JBL veteran center J.R. Henderson (206-F-76, agency: Paris Global Sports, college: UCLA) of the Aisin Sea Horses obtained Japanese citizenship last week and will suit up for the Japanese national team when they play in the upcoming FIBA Asia Championship from 7/28-8/5 in Tokushima prefecture. This tournament is the 2008 Beijing Olympic qualifier which means that the winner of the tournament will earn the right to represent Asia in the 2008 Summer Olympics along with the host country China.

Henderson, the former UCLA standout who was a member of the 1995 NCAA Championship team and played for the Vancouver Grizzlies of the NBA in the 1998-99 season, will be known as "Sakuragi J.R." from now on. His addition to the national team will no doubt boost Japan's chances of winning the tournament. Henderson had been working on obtaining Japanese citizenship for quite some time and it finally came to fruition last week. It'll be interesting to see how far Henderson/Sakuragi can take the Japanese national team.

apiSigbinz
07-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Now it's Sakuragi, i'm wondering when will Ryukawa join the team... hehehehe :D

thugpinoy
07-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Kerby Raymundo in Beatles style (or is it Prince Valiant?) and Dondon Hontiveros a la Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon.:D :D :D

I thought Kiko Adriano is in RP NT when i saw Dondon Hontiveroz, Kerby Raymundo looks like an old man wearing a wig.
________
Full melt bubble hash (http://trichomes.org/hashish/full-melt-hash)

daniab
07-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Players to Watch at Asian Championship :
Lebanon:Fadi el khatib,Joe vogel,Rony fahed .
Rp team:Mark caguaio,Alapag,Danny seigle.
Kaz:Anton ponomarev
Syria:Michel Maadeli
Jordan:Rasheim wright,Sam doughlas.
China:No idea
Quatar:yassin ismael
Iran:Mehdi kamrani,and 2 brothers bahrami.

thugpinoy
07-15-2007, 08:45 PM
James Yap - 2006 Philippine Basketball Association MVP
Renren Ritualo - streak shooter

These are the players which Chot Reyes did'nt gave much playing time, but im sure come FIBA Asia, these players would become a revelation.

and this Japanese-American player of Japan.
________
Genetically modified food (http://gmfoods.info/)

FilWelsh
07-15-2007, 09:51 PM
James Yap - 2006 Philippine Basketball Association MVP
Renren Ritualo - streak shooter

These are the players which Chot Reyes did'nt gave much playing time, but im sure come FIBA Asia, these players would become a revelation.

The reason why Ritualo (5'11') was not given enough playing time is not hiding him from scouts but to the fact that he is a bit slow and Chot Reyes' plan avoiding of playing small unit in the floor. . . Imagine if paired by regular PG Alapag (who is only 5'9') in the backcourt, how would they fare with other teams' 6'4' PG and 6'6' or 6'7' off/shooting guards who also shoots threes. . . that's why Caguioa (though not too tall but compensate with quickness) was given more playing time than Ritualo. . . Though I'm amenable to the fact that Ritualo in better long distance streak shooter than Caguioa. . .

saints13
07-16-2007, 03:03 AM
I thought Kiko Adriano is in RP NT when i saw Dondon Hontiveroz, Kerby Raymundo looks like an old man wearing a wig.

what happened with their hair? are those fashion statements? or they're planning to have a new look when they get in Tokushima. (if they will be a part of the final 12)

nowitzki_21
07-16-2007, 04:52 AM
Now it's Sakuragi, i'm wondering when will Ryukawa join the team... hehehehe :D

add Takenori Akagi...the Goriila Dunk!!!!!!!!!!:D

igorotski
07-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Lebanon- Khatib, Vogel, Fahed
RP- Alapag, Caguioa, Seigle
Qatar- Musa , Yassin Ismael,
Kazakhstan- Ponomarev
Jordan- Wright, Daghlas
China- Yi Li, Wang Bo
Iran- Bahrami bros
Korea- Ha, Kim Joo Sung
Syria- Madanly
Chinese Taipei- Lin Chi Jay

RetiredJordanStopper
07-17-2007, 02:11 AM
6'9 Tien Lei, who already sat out the Jones Cup, will not play in the FIBA-Asia Championships. Tien's absence was definitely a bad news for Taiwan NT, which was limited to two big men of Tsun Wen-din and Wu Dai-hao.

Judging from the games in Jones Cup, Taiwan NT was always one inside player short both offensively and defensively. The absence of Tien Lei made it difficult for Taiwan head coach Cheng Kwang-suk to find an ideal frontcourt rotation.

Without Tien, who is capable of tallying at least 15 points and 10 rebounds in every game he's in, Tsun and Wu will have to shoulder the responsibilities of protecting the glass, score inside, and keep themselves on the floor without foul trouble.

Three players who played in Doha Asian Games last year did not make the roster this time, including Chou Shih-yuan, Yang Chin-min and Wu Yong-jen.

Taiwan is bracketed in the same group with Syria, Hong Kong and South Korea in the Asian Championship, which will start play in Tokushima, Japan from July 28 to August 5.

bolabasket
07-17-2007, 02:21 AM
I think they're planning only to cut their hair if they lose in Tokushima...

JET007
07-17-2007, 03:08 AM
what happened with their hair? are those fashion statements? or they're planning to have a new look when they get in Tokushima. (if they will be a part of the final 12)
maybe thats why dondon missed the last second shots...his hair was in the way of his eyes!!!

BURATIN
07-17-2007, 04:35 AM
ive heard that some of them will cut their hairs before going to japan to confuse the opponents on their identity...:)

BURATIN
07-17-2007, 04:43 AM

Group A
China:YI,

Group B
Japan: Sakuragi (henderson),
Kuwait: Osamah Mubarak
UAE: i have no idea

Group C
Kazakhstan:Anton ponomarev
Qatar:yassin ismael
India: Great Khalli
Indonesia: i have no idea

Group D
Taiwan:Lin Chi Jay
HOng Kong: King Kong
S. Korea:HA

viperbravo
07-17-2007, 07:40 AM
This was Jimmy Alapag's dunk, against the Lebanon National Team.

bolabasket
07-17-2007, 08:00 AM
Let me enlarge that for you...
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/jimmy.jpg

bolabasket
07-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Khatib shown in the background..."what the ...." hehehe

saints13
07-17-2007, 08:12 AM

Ricky Reyes: Khanda!!!! :D

well, Jimmy got the attention from the San Juan Arena alone, he made two handed jams during the warm-ups and Coach Dragan Raca and Fadi El-Khatib (who did not play that time) were smiling and amazed how a small guy can do that. :D

jiefangjun
07-17-2007, 09:03 AM

Group A

I always thought this is Zhang Qingpeng's team heading to Japan. Not sure it is due to coach Adiljian hiding his cards or the injury really bothering him, it seems that he didn't get his share of playing time and points in the Manila tournament. And be aware my asian friends, looking for china team to get reinforced at PF/C spot.

igorotski
07-17-2007, 09:09 AM

Group A

Group B
Japan: Sakuragi (henderson),
Kuwait: Osamah Mubarak
UAE: i have no idea

Group C
Kazakhstan:Anton ponomarev
Qatar:yassin ismael
India: Great Khalli
Indonesia: i have no idea

Group D
Taiwan:Lin Chi Jay
HOng Kong: King Kong
S. Korea:HA
:D :D :D

apiSigbinz
07-17-2007, 09:56 AM

what the helll.....:eek: :eek: :eek: two handed slam dunk!!!

apiSigbinz
07-17-2007, 09:57 AM
This was Jimmy Alapag's dunk, against the Lebanon National Team.

bro pa borow ng pic mo ha... :D thanks in advance....

reamily
07-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Kelly Willliams will electrify fiba -asia and entertain us with oozing dunks hehehe with gabe norwood and canaleta (I think he makes it to the team he is the ultimate secret)

rodreyes
07-19-2007, 02:45 AM
Here is my list of players to watch out for in the FIBA Asia Championships:

PHILIPPINES

1. Danny Seigle
2. Mark Caguioa
3. Jimmy Alapag
4. Gabe Norwood
5. Kelly Williams

JORDAN

1. Rasheim Wright
2. Jamal Almaaytah
3. Ayman Idais
4. Sam Daghlas

KOREA

1. Kim Min Soo
2. Daniel Sandrin
3. Kim Joo Sung
4. Kim Seung Hyun
5. Ha Seung Jin

LEBANON

1. Fadi El Khatib
2. Joe Vogel
3. Ronnie Fahed
4. Brian Beshara

SYRIA

1. Maadanli

IRAN

1. Hamed Hadadi
2. The Bharami brothers
3. Jaber Rouzbahani
4. Mehdi kamrani

QATAR

1. Yaseen Ismail

TAIWAN

1. Tien Lei (currently training with the Sacramento Kings rookie camp)
2. Tsun Wen Din
3. Lin Chi Jay
4. Wu Dai Hao

JAPAN

1. Takehiko Orimo (shoots like Caidic)
2. Ryota Sakurai
3. Kei Igarashi (plays like Caguioa)
4. Takeuchi Twins (6'10 and 6'9 forwards with great range)
5. Ken Sako (great PG)
6. Kenny Henderson
7. Yuta Tabuse (first japanese to make it to the NBA(?) which i think would not be included in their line-up)

Kazakhstan

1. Anton Ponomorev

China

1. Wang Bo
2. Yi Li

KUWAIT

1. Osamah Mubarak

saints13
07-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Kelly Willliams will electrify fiba -asia and entertain us with oozing dunks hehehe with gabe norwood and canaleta (I think he makes it to the team he is the ultimate secret)

KG Canaleta is already out of Coach Chot's Training Pool as soon as they arrived from the Jones Cup prior to the Manila Invitational tournament.
both Norwood and Williams are expected to be shoo-ins already. :)

phevergy
07-19-2007, 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by bolabasket

that's was awesome!!!
the best dunk jimmy did was a follow up dunk with the missed lay up of willie miller during out of town games.Miller and jimmy are playmates back then.
Hope u guys can catch that video for me or i might say,for all of us...

b3lowzro
07-21-2007, 04:14 PM
ive heard that some of them will cut their hairs before going to japan to confuse the opponents on their identity...:)

and taulava's gonna change the color of his hair
________
Bernadette (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Bernadette/)

igorotski
07-22-2007, 01:43 AM
and taulava's gonna change the color of his hair

like ROIGBV? lol:D

reamily
07-22-2007, 07:27 AM
KG Canaleta is already out of Coach Chot's Training Pool as soon as they arrived from the Jones Cup prior to the Manila Invitational tournament.
both Norwood and Williams are expected to be shoo-ins already. :)

maybe he is out but he always surprise me back in seaba i think di naman kasali eh sinali siya pati sa jones cup baka pati sa fiba kasali siya pero he is sitting in the bench

ceedee
07-22-2007, 07:57 AM

TAIWAN

2. Tsun Wen Din
3. Lin Chi Jay
4. Wu Dai Hao

JAPAN

2. Ryota Sakurai
5. Ken Sako (great PG)
6. Kenny Henderson
7. Yuta Tabuse (first japanese to make it to the NBA(?) which i think would not be included in their line-up)

Taiwan's Tien Lei will miss the Tokushima tournament due to injury to his right thumb and has stress fracture in his left leg.

Japan's JR Henderson (not Kenny) is now known as JR Sakuragi. Yuta will not joined the Japanese NT in Tokushima.

saints13
07-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Taiwan's Tien Lei will miss the Tokushima tournament due to injury to his right thumb and has stress fracture in his left leg.

Japan's JR Henderson (not Kenny) is now known as JR Sakuragi. Yuta will not joined the Japanese NT in Tokushima.

too bad for Tien Lei..who is he again? :D

manu_bol
07-22-2007, 12:10 PM
tien lei's absence is the biggest break for syria...

with him playing for CT, there's no way syria can be number 2 in their group

ceedee
07-22-2007, 01:52 PM

he is only two-time SBL MVP.

ceedee
07-22-2007, 01:55 PM
tien lei's absence is the biggest break for syria...

with him playing for CT, there's no way syria can be number 2 in their group

there's a big possibility that Syria will end up as number 1 in their group. since Korea is also missing some key players as well. but lets wait and see

rycorpz
07-22-2007, 02:00 PM
6'8 guy tried out for sacramento camp then you know the story he plays like Danny Seigle (daw ha daw).The way i see it he's a small forward who loves to shoot outside limited post up moves, but he's Taiwan's NT leading scorer ( takot mabalya )

rycorpz
07-22-2007, 02:02 PM
there's a big possibility that Syria will end up as number 1 in their group. since Korea is also missing some key players as well. but lets wait and see
South Korea they're up to something they didn't play their true form in Jones Cup

ceedee
07-22-2007, 03:59 PM
6'8 guy tried out for sacramento camp then you know the story he plays like Danny Seigle (daw ha daw).The way i see it he's a small forward who loves to shoot outside limited post up moves, but he's Taiwan's NT leading scorer ( takot mabalya )

although, he can shoot beyond the arc, his lethal weapon is his mid-range jumper, like DS. he can play both forward position, like DS. in fact in Doha Games, he is their team's top rebounder with almost 10 rebounds per game. So its a very big loss for CT team.

igorotski
07-22-2007, 11:53 PM
lol:D :D

Grr_tiger
07-23-2007, 03:17 AM
5 DAYS TO GO BAKBAKAN NA!!

TEAM PILIPINAS needs your prayers.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1303/821496526_57774d43c2.jpg

reamily
07-23-2007, 05:40 AM

PHILIPPINES

1. Danny Seigle
2. Mark Caguioa
3. Jimmy Alapag
4. Gabe Norwood
5. Kelly Williams

JORDAN

1. Rasheim Wright
2. Jamal Almaaytah
3. Ayman Idais
4. Sam Daghlas

KOREA

1. Kim Min Soo
2. Daniel Sandrin
3. Kim Joo Sung
4. Kim Seung Hyun
5. Ha Seung Jin

LEBANON

1. Fadi El Khatib
2. Joe Vogel
3. Ronnie Fahed
4. Brian Beshara

SYRIA

1. Maadanli

IRAN

1. Hamed Hadadi
2. The Bharami brothers
3. Jaber Rouzbahani
4. Mehdi kamrani

QATAR

1. Yaseen Ismail

TAIWAN

2. Tsun Wen Din
3. Lin Chi Jay
4. Wu Dai Hao

JAPAN

2. Ryota Sakurai
5. Ken Sako (great PG)
6. Kenny Henderson

Kazakhstan

1. Anton Ponomorev

China

1. Wang Bo
2. Yi Li

KUWAIT

1. Osamah Mubarak

Tien Lei is not now training with Sacramento alam ko noon pang 2005 ito

trans: I think it's still back in 2005 he plays like kerby raymundo

viperbravo
07-23-2007, 06:14 AM
My Wallpaper

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x154/viperbravo/rpwallpapercopy.jpg

bolabasket
07-23-2007, 06:50 AM
Viperbravo, your wallpaper looks good, but i think you need to include these pix below...

Kelly Williams
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/820155215_5271fd9d09.jpg

Jimmy Alapag
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/821496480_b350411ab2.jpg

viperbravo
07-23-2007, 06:55 AM
[QUOTE=bolabasket]Viperbravo, your wallpaper looks good, but i think you need to include these pix below...

thanks bro, add ko nalang...:)

karim
07-23-2007, 11:50 PM
the lebanese commentator said today that some of the pinoys are from puerto rico....is Mark Cagoui from there ? he looks half filipino , half peurto rican :p who else......

warren99
07-23-2007, 11:54 PM
who is Mark Caguoi?

manu_bol
07-24-2007, 12:39 AM
the lebanese commentator said today that some of the pinoys are from puerto rico....is Mark Cagoui from there ? he looks half filipino , half peurto rican :p who else......

hahaha. mark caguioa is half-man, half-amazing! :D :D

seriously, bro, caguioa is 100% filipino. he played highschool ball in the US.

viperbravo
07-24-2007, 12:58 AM

Mark Caguioa not Mark Cagoui.

who else? Maybe Danny Seagul...half Filipino half Sea creature? hehehehe:eek:

trans: Ignorance of the law, excuses no one!

rycorpz
07-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Mark Caguioa is a pure filipino just migrated in the US. In his early years, he dominated the town leagues (barangay levels) he averages 47 points in a game, that's why his jersey # in Ginebra is 47. I assure you lebanese friends all in the line-up of RP team are valid to play and represent team PILIPINAS, they've all passed and thoroughly tested here in the Phils. Because they have a filipino blood and lineage through their veins and being.

donmar
07-24-2007, 01:38 AM

Hehehehehe!! :D:D ... its just like saying that a Filipino commentator said today that some of the Lebanese are from Greece .... is Fadi El Katol from there? he looks like half Lebanese, half Greek ... :p:p ...

RayV
07-24-2007, 03:01 AM
You keep on mentioning that Anton Ponomarev is the only guy to watch out for in the Kazakhstan NT.... didn't you notice their Filipino-ish black-haired player off the bench?? :eek: He was one of the reasons why the Kazakhs are able to kick RP's butt that prevented us from taking 2nd place in the Jones Cup.... I think he's one of their "secret" aces...

arnoldt
07-24-2007, 03:43 AM

1. Mark Caguioa - 100% pure pinoy but migrated into the U.S.
2. Jay Jay Helterbrand - 100% pure pinoy. he is using helterbrand as a surname as i know that he is adopted by an american father. also migrated to the US.
3. Ranidel De Ocampo - 100% pure pinoy.
4. James Yap - 100% pure pinoy.
5. Renren Ritualo - 100% pure pinoy.
6. DonDon Hontiveros - 100% pure pinoy.
7. Kerby Raymundo - 100% pure pinoy.
8. Mick Pennisi - 50% pinoy, 50% australian.
9. Asi Taulava - 50% pinoy, 50% Tongan.
10. Kelly Williams - 50% pinoy, 50% american. his mother is a filipina nurse who also migrated to the US.
11. Tony Dela Cruz - 50% pinoy, 50% american.
12. Gabe Norwood - 25% pinoy, 75% american. i have read somewhere that his grandmother is filipina.
13. Jimmy Alapag - 100% pinoy. migrated to the US
14. Danny Seigle - 50% pinoy, 50% american.
15. Eric Menk - 50% pinoy, 50% american. i think his father is a serviceman.

so there you are. we pinoys know what this Fil-Foreigners have gone through back in the Phils. they did not even play for quite some time locally because everyone is questioning their nationality. their are lots of investigations that even reach the philippine senate. yes there are shams but we throw them out of the country (remember alvarado, segovia, parker, etc).

i can still remember when the mother of Eric Menk is being questioned by one senator if Eric is really his son. the mother answered in Visayan dialect that translated something like this "he is my son your honor because he came from my womb" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

saints13
07-24-2007, 05:26 AM

he's 100% pango este pinoy bro! :D

no man! he's a Filipino..look at the nose, it's flat oh! :D

btw, he is spokening dollar, his favorite phrase is "you know, you know"..

he's better off talking in tagalog than trying hard doing slangs in english.. :D

he's really a Filipino man, no kidding..no doubt about it..his nose is the evidence.. :D

budz17
07-24-2007, 09:57 AM

sounds like sourgraping from the commentators there in lebanon

cool_ash_23
07-25-2007, 04:31 AM
If Philippines were not strict about nationality....
Here will be some names in our RPNT line up now.

1. Sonny Alvarado -6'7" (monster player)
2. Alvarado Segova -6'7"(3pt shooter very athletic black american)
3. Robert Parker -6'6" pg with good shooting incredible penetrating and dunking ability (played for CBA and also a Black american)
4. Davon Harp -6'7" wide body black american who is a monster down low
5. Cris Clay -6'5" former texas longhorn plays like an import. Much better than Rasheim Wright I think.
6. Jefrey Flowers -6'8" monster player (white american)
7. Matt Mitchel -6'7" Very versatile player plays SG to PF also balck american

Can you imagine this pool of players? If they were legit though...
another what if's...heheheh:D

DiegoClang
07-25-2007, 04:38 AM

3. Robert Parker -6'6" pg with good shooting incredible penetrating and dunking ability (played for CBA and also a Black american)
5. Cris Clay -6'5" former texas longhorn plays like an import. Much better than Rasheim Wright I think.

will you be proud to say...yup, that's our RP team:eek: ?!

cool_ash_23
07-25-2007, 04:55 AM
will you be proud to say...yup, that's our RP team:eek: ?!

another what if's...heheheh

cant you read between the lines?:confused:
I was just trying to point out if the Philippine were cheating of its players then may be our line up would include those players.
This is just to prove how strict philippine law when it comes to citizenship.

saints13
07-25-2007, 08:20 AM

some of them are really monster players, their look are more monstrous than their game.. LOL

QuickFox
07-25-2007, 11:34 AM
12. Gabe Norwood - 25% pinoy, 75% american. i have read somewhere that his grandmother is filipina.

I think, by blood, Gabe Norwood is 50% pinoy and 50% american. Both of his grandparents (mother's side) are 100% filipinos by blood which makes his mother a pure blooded filipina. I've read it from articles after Gabe joined RP in their practice in the US. (Im too lazy to search and paste it here)

budz17
07-25-2007, 02:16 PM
I think, by blood, Gabe Norwood is 50% pinoy and 50% american. Both of his grandparents (mother's side) are 100% filipinos by blood which makes his mother a pure blooded filipina. I've read it from articles after Gabe joined RP in their practice in the US. (Im too lazy to search and paste it here)

I remember that article. I think it said that his mother was already an american citizen so the only way to claim dual citizenship is through his grandparents. i'm not sure though if both grandparents were filipinos, but definitely at least one was

saints13
07-26-2007, 01:34 AM

yes that's true! :D even Norwood doesn't know where Philippines was, joke, he only knew his grandpa or grandma (*or both) came from Pangasinan. :D

blanchmire
07-26-2007, 05:32 AM
Hey! There's Daniel Sandrin.....

reamily
07-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Hey! There's Daniel Sandrin.....

Maybe kERBY CAN REALLY HANDLE SANDRIN theres a rumor that his older brother eric is better maybe because he is older than him kim min soo (the other half breed) is better than him

blanchmire
07-26-2007, 05:43 AM
Daniel Sandrin of South Korea...

saints13
07-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Daniel Sandrin of South Korea...

does he have a Korean name?

bolabasket
07-26-2007, 08:21 AM
does he have a Korean name?
Daniel Sandrin is also Lee Dong Jun

donmar
07-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Daniel Sandrin is also Lee Dong Jun

I thought he's Korean name is Den Yel Sang Drin :confused:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

javasandreen
07-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Daniel Sandrin of SoKor, Jimmy Alapag and Mark Caguioa of the Philippines.

FilWelsh
07-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Daniel Sandrin's basketball background is not really impressive. A product of Seattle Pacific University, a US NCAA Division II team. . . He also played as an import in Luxemburg pro leagues. . . i think RP's Gabe Norwood have much better US collegiate records and undoubtly a better player than Sandrin. . .

FilWelsh
07-26-2007, 11:46 PM
You keep on mentioning that Anton Ponomarev is the only guy to watch out for in the Kazakhstan NT.... didn't you notice their Filipino-ish black-haired player off the bench?? :eek: He was one of the reasons why the Kazakhs are able to kick RP's butt that prevented us from taking 2nd place in the Jones Cup.... I think he's one of their "secret" aces...

I think you are referring to Rustam Yargaliyev, a 6'5" swingman who topscored for Kazakhstan's win against RP. . . He scored 28 points in that game while Ponomarev has 23 points. . . Yeah, Yargaliyev is also a player to watch indeed. . .

saints13
07-28-2007, 03:52 AM
China has a player that sounds like Yao Ming...a sweet shooting PG named Yang Ming..hehe..I was shock to here those Chinese Commentators in CCTV 5 say Yao Ming..pagtingin ko e Yang Ming pala..hehehe :D