View Full Version : Qatar wins Egypt

WIZARD
06-20-2007, 06:04 PM
In a friendly game in Egypt the national team of Qatar defeated Egypt 74-70
more infos to come soon....

bobo81
06-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Is that good?

I always wondered how good the Egyptian team was...

daniab
06-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Congratulations for quatar!! but the real egypt isn't that who quatar play against him.
The real egypt is Ismail Ahmad and Ahmad el Jazzar,now the egypt NT missed 3 or 4 best players in egypt.
Anyway egypt faced many problems in last 3 or 4 years but still in the best in arabic region with Algerie,Lebanon ,jordan and quatar.
The last game between Lebanon and Egypt was in 2003 @ king abdullah tournament when egypt defeat Lebanon by 4 pts without el khatib,Brian bchara and paul khoury .

saints13
06-20-2007, 08:28 PM
isn't it that egypt belongs to Africa?
what's the ranking of Egypt in Afriacan basketball?

karim
06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
if Egypt has their full team they can easily be the best in Africa and the best arab country but they never do , the team qatar played with Egypt missing their top players is not that strong....our top lebanese team Riyadi beat them in the final of King abdullah last year and they were missing just Ismail Ahmad and tarek el ghannam and Ismail Ahmad didnt play with Riyadi either this game , since he is an import in riyadi but did want to play against his country..........

WIZARD
06-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Ismail ahmad is playing with the egyptian NT...this current EGY NT is composed of young and some veteran players like gunaidi and wael badr and others..they r missing the center players for injureis....any way egyptian NT is 1 of the best teams in africa they won the gold medal in 1997 and bronze medal several times later on...and as Karim said this team if plays with its full roster can even beat china cuz they have huge centers..

saints13
06-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Ismail ahmad is playing with the egyptian NT...this current EGY NT is composed of young and some veteran players like gunaidi and wael badr and others..they r missing the center players for injureis....any way egyptian NT is 1 of the best teams in africa they won the gold medal in 1997 and bronze medal several times later on...and as Karim said this team if plays with its full roster can even beat china cuz they have huge centers..

oh really..
i haven't heard or read much about Egypt NT...
it's senegal, nigeria and angola i always read about :)
well thanks for the info..

WIZARD
06-20-2007, 10:29 PM
oh really..
i haven't heard or read much about Egypt NT...
it's senegal, nigeria and angola i always read about :)
well thanks for the info..

ya its true man..Egy team is a damn good team but since 2004 they had some problems with players who dont want to play i used to remember them beating qatar-lebanon-jordan-syria by 30 pts....2003 in jordan they beated us badly by 30 pts in quater final also beated syria by 40 pts in first round and in second round the beated lebanon by 35 pts...that was 1 scary team really

viperbravo
06-20-2007, 11:59 PM
ya its true man..Egy team is a damn good team but since 2004 they had some problems with players who dont want to play i used to remember them beating qatar-lebanon-jordan-syria by 30 pts....2003 in jordan they beated us badly by 30 pts in quater final also beated syria by 40 pts in first round and in second round the beated lebanon by 35 pts...that was 1 scary team really

If this is true, then aleluja for the EGY NT! :)

Brother, I think they need to get sponsors for their national team. MONEY, one reason why those players refused to play for their National Team..What if they got injured? What if playing basketball were the only cost of living for those players?

WIZARD
06-21-2007, 12:10 AM
If this is true, then aleluja for the EGY NT! :)

Brother, I think they need to get sponsors for their national team. MONEY, one reason why those players refused to play for their National Team..What if they got injured? What if playing basketball were the only cost of living for those players?
i know this bro..the Egyptian Fed aint handling things well there and the game dropped little bit but still they are good..i mean see the result with young players and few veternas they played well against afroasian-american team qatar..they are all damn scary big players i mean really huge man hehehe west asian players look like dolls against them..all their centers the good once and the bad once are listed at least 2.10 the tallest is samir guda 2.18..very very athlatic maybe even more than senegal and nigeria..
when we used to play arab club championship against them..they never used imports and they gave us very very hard time winnig by 2 or 3 pts max that goes for Fastlink jordan and riyadi lebanon u can ask Karim about it too
i hope they get better soon..i just wish see full egyptian team playing against China that would be fun

viperbravo
06-21-2007, 12:30 AM
i know this bro..the Egyptian Fed aint handling things well there and the game dropped little bit but still they are good..i mean see the result with young players and few veternas they played well against afroasian-american team qatar..they are all damn scary big players i mean really huge man hehehe west asian players look like dolls against them..all their centers the good once and the bad once are listed at least 2.10 the tallest is samir guda 2.18..very very athlatic maybe even more than senegal and nigeria..
when we used to play arab club championship against them..they never used imports and they gave us very very hard time winnig by 2 or 3 pts max that goes for Fastlink jordan and riyadi lebanon u can ask Karim about it too
i hope they get better soon..i just wish see full egyptian team playing against China that would be fun

yeah bro! That would be a great game! :) :)

karim
06-21-2007, 12:43 AM
If Egypt give China a physical game they can beat them...their players are huge and this guy Ismail Ahmad he is currently with Riyadi he is the best player in africa and is better than fadi el khatib who most people say is the 2nd best player in asia after YAO.....u should,ve seen his block shot against oyudeji the nigerian NBA player in the arab club championship semifinal + he had triple doubles in both the semi final and final of this championship...his average in lebanon is almost a triple double i think its 22,11 and 8.5(leads FLBB in APG).............

apiSigbinz
06-21-2007, 12:50 AM
If Egypt give China a physical game they can beat them...their players are huge and this guy Ismail Ahmad he is currently with Riyadi he is the best player in africa and is better than fadi el khatib who most people say is the 2nd best player in asia after YAO.....u should,ve seen his block shot against oyudeji the nigerian NBA player in the arab club championship semifinal + he had triple doubles in both the semi final and final of this championship...his average in lebanon is almost a triple double i think its 22,11 and 8.5(leads FLBB in APG).............

has Egypt ever face China in the past? what about the World Championship or the Olympics, had they ever qualify?

joel23
06-21-2007, 02:53 AM
Do you remember the Philippines beat Egypt by 60points in World Championships in the past of 70's with played Ramon Fernandez was 19 years old...

bobo81
06-21-2007, 04:04 AM
Qatar beats Egypt 70-66? or 74-70?

http://www.qatarolympics.org/topics/index.asp?g={9AFE93DB-51C3-406A-ADAD-00D692EFFD17}

vladski
06-21-2007, 05:03 AM
Qatar beats Egypt 70-66? or 74-70?

http://www.qatarolympics.org/topics/index.asp?g={9AFE93DB-51C3-406A-ADAD-00D692EFFD17}

If Egypt is a basketball powerhouse in Africa, i should be weary with this win.

Anyways, good win for the Qatari. Hope to meet them in Asia quarterfinals. There are so many things to settle between Rp Team and Qatar. They have beaten us last year in the Qatar invitational. hmmmm... hope to get even to this team...hehehe:D

Lebanon
06-21-2007, 06:58 AM

Yes this is true, they beat Lebanon by 35 pts in the second round of King Abdallah cup, but at that time, the Lebanese team that was led by Ghassan Sarkis was a very young team and missed several key players like Khatib, Brian and Paul Khoury.
But we still managed to meet Egypt again in the final and lost to them by 6 pts only in the last minute.

In this same tournament we lost to Qatar by 26 pts in the first round, and then we met them again in the 1/2 final and we kicked them out of the tournament by 5-6 pts.
________
DODGE DAKOTA SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Dakota)

WIZARD
06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
has Egypt ever face China in the past? what about the World Championship or the Olympics, had they ever qualify?
they did last time egypt played olympics was 1988 seol and they faced each other china won back then CHN 98-EGY 84......about Egyptian standings at african championships
1997-won Gold medal
1999-bronze medal..ranked after nigeria and angola
2001-bronze medal..ranked after algeria and angola
2003-bronze medal.ranked after negira and angola
2005 they didnt play..so guys as u see Egypt is 1 of the best teams and a powerhouse of africa...

saints13
06-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Qatar NT vs. Egypt NT.. a showdown between two African Countries :rolleyes:

oops..my mistake..I thought Qatar was a non-Asian/All-African squad :)