PDA

View Full Version : Philippines Introduction Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

stuart
05-24-2007, 01:40 AM
Hey all,

First of all, I wanted to give all the new members a belated welcome to IBN's Philippines Forum. This forum has obviously been really active as of late and we're happy to have your presence here.

So I wanted to start an introduction thread for all of you that came here, just so as we all can get to know each other better -- so give a few facts about yourself; like where you are located, where you were born, do you play basketball, age, etc etc. The only two things I hope you can include is how you found interbasket and one thing you would like to see from Interbasket.net -- suggestions, improvements, a Philippines minipage etc..

Again, I wanted to welcome all of you.

Stuart

ctongco
05-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Well, I found Interbasket through google.

Cool Cat
05-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Hello Stuart...Good intention...to know the posters....i will introduce my self...

Name: Jamesmile A. Conui
Home: Moto Norte, Loon, Bohol, Philippines
Occupation:..?...hehehe..still student..its my second course..1. Computer Science, 2 (now) Bachelor of Education major in English (4th yr this school year 07-08)
Extra Curricular:
1. Student Government President of the Campus, and also the Fed. Pres. of the 5 campuses (Since we have 5 School in the School System or 5 branches school)
2. Also Chairperson of the Bohol Alliance of Student Council (all over province of Bohol)
3. Basketball Varsity of our school since Freshmen (im only 5'5 playing as PG in our Team (but i can play 2 spot))
*Stat's (hehehehe)
13-16 PPG (30 pts high average)
6-8 APG
5-7 RPG
2-3 SPG
0-1 BPG (hehehehe)
Team Achievement for my 3 years of play in SCUAA (State College and University Athletic Association) Meet
04-05 - Eliminated (Freshmen)
05-06 - 3rd Placer (Sophomore)
06-07 - 2nd Placer (Junior) we played Championship but we lost
07-07 - ? Hopefully we Won now the Championship

Hobbies:
1. Surf the Net
2. Watching TV (specially PBA)
3. of course play basketball
4. Read Books (Dan Brown's Books: now im reading the "Deception's Point")

Family:
My Wife is a College Professor at the Holy Name University here in Bohol. My only Son (Jr.) 6 years old, Grade 1 this school year at the same school where his mom is working.

I don't have real sibling...but i have 2 half-sisters in my mom's side and 4 sister's in my dad's side.

I guess that all for now..if u have Q...just reply...Thanx :)

Phantim3dx
05-24-2007, 04:00 PM
well might as well make my introduction even though im kind of old in these threads and on this site. }}on a side note, thanks again stuart

sorry for mispells using a messed up keyboard

My name is Jay K.

played ball in middle school as an undersized power forward. took a break for a long time from basketball

got into my university and started playing intramural basketball leagues.

obviously went to the pg spot, but somehow managed to guard the sf and sg spots defense is my specialty and offense isnt.

24 yrs old and currently in china for more studying after i grad from my university. playing for the phil basdketball teram here in this university summer league in beijing. honestly though we are not doing good. because we are disorganized, sad to say but this is the truth. and to think we have a few ex players from the school of xavier studying here chinese, they are chinese fils.

as discussed in old old old posts of a loong time ago as stuart can contest i love playing defense and like coaches who are defensive minded i.e. jeff vangundy. i dont like pgs who are shoot first mentality, i prefer them to be pass first and should always think of getting a higher assist whether its primary or secondary assist in relation to points, so j kiodd and john stockton to me fit this mold.

i have 3 jerseys from the phil. one of james yeo, one of ritualo, and one of helterbrand.

i someday would love to coach a youth basketball team someday.

on a final note i live by the rules of no blood no foul type of mentality, which is very typical midwest southmidwest style basketball from the US. ive gotten my right ear partially torn apart and had to be stitched, ive taken bruises to my noses, face andf elbows, and have been submarined a few times. and ive done the same, except the whole ear thing big 12 and big east basketball to me are by far the most physically demanding, although these two conferences dont have the best talent historically it seems to belong to the acc.

yao ming is a player i like very much although i dont like his too passive ways at times.

on a final note, i live by the ethics of work hard, play hard, drink hard...as you can see from my photo...as skywalker said, show them filipino lifestyle, i think he meant the drinking part. haha.

PS
and i am handsome so ladies love me by nature

SkyWalker
05-25-2007, 04:28 AM
PS
and i am handsome so ladies love me by nature
MAN, YOU'RE THE BOMB! :D :D

RetiredJordanStopper
05-25-2007, 04:38 AM
i'm RetiredJordanStopper and i suck at NBA Live 2K7!!!! I've been posting since 2005 i think, so that makes me one of the older posters here. To all those active since 2005, maybe you'll remember that some of my posts here were erased because i called some posters sissies for dissing our NT...i've also challenged this chinese guy to get 4 chinese dudes to play me and 4 other slipper-wearing pinoys i got off the street for some serious full court action..that post was erased too....i'm also one of the few who foul mouthed fanboy Arthur Volbert in one of the threads here....i've tapered-off since, but it's good to see many avid kababayans posting here..hi to all!!!

Cool Cat
05-25-2007, 05:37 AM
well might as well make my introduction even though im kind of old in these threads and on this site. }}on a side note, thanks again stuart

playing for the phil basdketball teram here in this university summer league in beijing. honestly

Phantim3dx..i was in china...last october-december 2006 also studying as a Cadres..heheh..in China Guangxi International Youth Exchange Institute...we've visit beijing last Dec. 2-7, 2006, we stayed a the China Political Science University for 1 week..then back to Nanning for our Graduation at the 10th...now im here in the Phils....

viperbravo
05-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Phantim3dx..i was in china...last october-december 2006 also studying as a Cadres..heheh..in China Guangxi International Youth Exchange Institute...we've visit beijing last Dec. 2-7, 2006, we stayed a the China Political Science University for 1 week..then back to Nanning for our Graduation at the 10th...now im here in the Phils....

Guys help me how to put a picture/image in my account!please

Cool Cat
05-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Guys help me how to put a picture/image in my account!please

go to your profile...then...there you can find how to change to image...

stuart
05-25-2007, 05:40 PM
i'm RetiredJordanStopper and i suck at NBA Live 2K7!!!! I've been posting since 2005 i think, so that makes me one of the older posters here. To all those active since 2005, maybe you'll remember that some of my posts here were erased because i called some posters sissies for dissing our NT...i've also challenged this chinese guy to get 4 chinese dudes to play me and 4 other slipper-wearing pinoys i got off the street for some serious full court action..that post was erased too....i'm also one of the few who foul mouthed fanboy Arthur Volbert in one of the threads here....i've tapered-off since, but it's good to see many avid kababayans posting here..hi to all!!!

I remember you and avolbert going at it, but I don't remember any of those other cases...

Stuart

J-Mart
05-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Hi! :D

Im -K2-

Im the forum idiot and administrator in chief :D

Im the one to blame for the shortage of bandwidth this forum suffered some years ago :D

I have been posting and spamming around since early 04 so basically everyone here knows me :D

Im puertorrican and I love all kind of basketball :D

I am a nerd, and I have the looks and the girls love me cuz im nerd and im good looking so what can I do? :rolleyes:

no, seriously.. welcome to you all! :cool:

erektus
05-28-2007, 08:18 AM
I am Erektus! Like many Filipino posters here, I'm an avid RP Team fan and basketball lover. Avid bordering on rabid, actually. ;-P

I started posting on Asia-Basket's very hostile basketball forum (Irangels, whatever happened to Samurai?) in 2002 (at the height of the Asian Games) until I switched to the saner, more intelligent discussions here at Interbasket a couple of years ago. And so, to all the newcomers here, welcome and let's keep Interbasket clean and green!

I am an overseas Filipino worker in Hong Kong and my work brings me to China frequently, so I make it a point to sample the local hoops and nightlife of every location I visit. Hoops and alchohol -- such a quintessential pinoy lifestyle, eh? hehe

Thanks to RJS for naively giving me the monicker "HK Playground Legend" -- if you are talking about age, maybe! Haha. I win some, lose some. Despite HK's lowly standing in international basketball, many of you will be surprised that this tiny former crown colony has plenty of talented playground ballers (and plenty of playgrounds in a place already crammed with skyscrapers).

But yes, I can still run with the best of 'em. Back in college, I used to be a slasher (intramurals not varsity haha) due to my speed and quickness (I was in the track & field team). My trademark move was the wrap-around, tap-board layup. This was many years (and pounds haha) ago.

As I approached my mid-20s, my speed deteriorated and so I worked on my 3-point shot instead. And I've fallen in love with the 3 ever since. In practice, my shooting can even give Ritualo a run for his money! =P Call me arrogant, but YES, I'm an 80% 3-point shooter in practice and 60% in games (maybe 30% under pressure). But I doubt if Coach Chot Reyes will be interested in my services hahaha!

And oh, I almost forgot. I recently accepted the role of moderator for the Philippine forum. But it's just a title. Pinoys here can always look up to "model" posters here who exemplify poise, intelligence and courtesy such as Ctongco, Irangels, etc. We need more of these gentlemen!

P.S.
Phantim3dX, I agree that you do appear to be quite a handsome fellow. But I can assure you, my friend, that I'm a bigger hit with the chicks. =)

kerouac82
05-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Friends,

JonarSabilano here. Yes, that is my real name, somewhat. I use this handle for all forums I belong to, except for PEx. I wasn't into basketball as a kid, having preferred books to balls, but my elder brother taught me some basic Milo BEST moves in second grade and I was hooked. I played small forward for the Philippine Science HS Passarelle team (for which I was known for my role as a slasher and fastbreak finisher) and switched to point guard in college. Later on, I was a long jumper for Ateneo's track-and-field training team until knee injuries got me. I still play pick-up games with colleagues, though.

I'm now working in an IT/consulting firm here in Eastwood City. I am also editing an online journal of contemporary Filipino poetry, which you can visit at http://balaraw.blogspot.com. I also play guitar for the acoustic band Petix Department, which has yet to play a single paying gig. :D

I am looking forward to intelligent baller discourse in this forum.

Nice meeting you all, guys.

Phantim3dx
05-29-2007, 05:09 AM
eastwood city eh, how the professional ladies treatin you?

kerouac82
05-30-2007, 05:21 AM
eastwood city eh, how the professional ladies treatin you?

They're all fine. I don't like call-center girls that much, though. They tend to act a bit too stressed-out after work. :D

MVBA
05-30-2007, 07:40 AM
THE Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association is a community-based amateur commercial league in Southern Philippines. League operations formally began with the opening of the ML Kwarta Padala First Conference on February 25, 2006 at the MSU-IIT Gym in Iligan City. M. Lhuillier Kwarta Padala-Cebu City won the historic first MVBA championship. M. Lhuillier further asserted its dominance by winning the 2006 Second Conference.

The league is now on its second season of bringing top quality basketball to its fans.

letsplayball
06-06-2007, 06:56 AM
hi there,

my name is may and i am a contributor to asia-basket.com philippine page. im going to interview pbl commissioner chino trinidad soon. if you have questions and suggestions, email them to me before next week. thanks.

may

sickcurtain_16
06-07-2007, 04:31 AM
Sickcurtain_16 here. Rogie is my name.

ive been with this forum for a long time, but most of the time just reading the posts here. :)

I've been playing basketball since elementary days. I've been in so many sports before (tennis, pingpong, volleyball, athletics, etc) but basketball is my first love. :D

I can play PG upto C depending on my teammates. im just 5'10 so when i play small guys, im under the basket, but when im with the bigger guys, ill be on the outside. I still prefer to play from the outside and somteimes attacking the basket or dishing out to my teammates around.

apiSigbinz
06-07-2007, 10:25 AM
hey people! i'v found this site through www.mannypacquiao.ph and i find this way peaceful and more serious...

am from Cebu Philippines and work as a CPA.. i'm not really good at basketball but i watch it a lot.. however, i never encountered pips who can give me some challenge in playing NBA Live'07.... i always beat them via 20 pt margin! hehehe

P.S.

am no handsome but girls just love me, i don't know why... :D

Project888
06-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Wag Na Mag English!! Scouts Invades Interbasket!!

VII
06-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Name: Seven (taken from seinfield)
Birthplace: Jose Panganiban Camarines Norte (Philippines)

i used to be a former highscholl varsity volleyball player in the phils..
when we move house...and no one to play vball...i switch to bball...

i live in sydney australia now...but before then i used to live in perth western australia...
there i played with some of the roughest player in town...
like phantom i live by the rule of no blood no foul...WHY??
coz you wont improve your game if every time D touch you you call it foul...

as a result...im literally a walking wounded...
had too many ankle problem i can crack it now like i crack my knuckles...(it makes an ugly noise too)
suffered a broken jaw twice...(coz i tried so hard to block the league leading scorer...i succeeded but with a price)

dislocated my right shoulder once...(no big deal)
hyper extended my elbow...(hurts so bad)

all in all my appetite for the game is what kills me too...as an obvious result...
anyway im an SG...slashing is the name of the game...i love to dismantle defense and i have a decent jump too...(well at least i used to)
if im not slashing im throwing 3s..its weird that im good at 3s but mid range sucks!!!

i stop playing coz i move to sydney..(which is meant to be the centre of australian basketball) just got too busy chasing girls and working...

and now...i recently got back into the game after some guy at perth (i usually fly home to play in perth) said that i dont have it anymore and that i never had it...
so...it became personal goal to get back into shape..and kill this biatches...so far im on track...i even develop a mid range to be proud of...

one good result is i get double team when i get the ball inside the 3 lines...
(maybe coz they know they can steal it off me easily??) hehehe

oblaks19
06-15-2007, 02:43 AM
Chris Juliano: Die hard Philippine basketball fanatic. enough said. BASKETBALL ALL THE WAY!

Bianca
06-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Name:Bianca Aballe

Yeah I love this Game Basketball,crazy basketball fans especially in our collegiate players in cebu ,before that was CAAA Cebu Amateur Atlethic Association during the time of CIT wildcats the seasons were i cannot forgot the name of players like Felix Duhig,Fuentes,Tenirife,Engio,etc.the whole team especially.On the other hand during the era of Cebu Central Colleges were most of the players were in the PBA are Sasan ,Alguno,Yncierto,Gomez,etc.the whole team as well.
Above all is the University of the Visayas were most of their games i watched at the San Carlos Gym, i was able to watched the game of Max Delantes,Balingit,Mago,Fernandez and others.
And presently the Cesafi was introduced what i know in the current player is limited unlike the CAAA,and maybe this seasons will bring me joy and interest in watching this game as this FIL_AM giant Greg Slaughter is making a sound here in Cebu,hope i can see even in the practice at UV or at the cesafi games,i never seen before an 6'11" player bfore its first time here in Cebu,and hope he is good.

Phantim3dx
06-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Name:Bianca Aballe

Yeah I love this Game Basketball,crazy basketball fans especially in our collegiate players in cebu ,before that was CAAA Cebu Amateur Atlethic Association during the time of CIT wildcats the seasons were i cannot forgot the name of players like Felix Duhig,Fuentes,Tenirife,Engio,etc.the whole team especially.On the other hand during the era of Cebu Central Colleges were most of the players were in the PBA are Sasan ,Alguno,Yncierto,Gomez,etc.the whole team as well.
Above all is the University of the Visayas were most of their games i watched at the San Carlos Gym, i was able to watched the game of Max Delantes,Balingit,Mago,Fernandez and others.
And presently the Cesafi was introduced what i know in the current player is limited unlike the CAAA,and maybe this seasons will bring me joy and interest in watching this game as this FIL_AM giant Greg Slaughter is making a sound here in Cebu,hope i can see even in the practice at UV or at the cesafi games,i never seen before an 6'11" player bfore its first time here in Cebu,and hope he is good.

what part exactly in cebu?

once in awhile when i visit the ancestral homelands i mostly stay in talisay or minglanilla

aquinomartin
06-16-2007, 04:49 AM
Good day to all of you!

Peace in Christ!

May I please inquire from my fellow Filipinos here if we have any local forum or website which is exclusive for Filipinos only??? I'm aching to write some basketball articles but I want them to be readable and accessible only by Filipinos (Fil-foreigners are included). I don't want to divulge some information about our basketball team and players which might be exploited by our opponents in the international basketball arena. I'm wary of committing treason against our motherland.

I'll wait for any favorable reply. Thank you!!!

apiSigbinz
06-16-2007, 05:34 AM
Good day to all of you!

Peace in Christ!

May I please inquire from my fellow Filipinos here if we have any local forum or website which is exclusive for Filipinos only??? I'm aching to write some basketball articles but I want them to be readable and accessible only by Filipinos (Fil-foreigners are included). I don't want to divulge some information about our basketball team and players which might be exploited by our opponents in the international basketball arena. I'm wary of committing treason against my motherland.

I'll wait for any favorable reply. Thank you!!!

ok you can write here www.mannypacquiao.ph just look for the basketball forum, its not exclusive for Filipino i believe there's no such exclusive thing in the net but you can write it in our own language...

demonyito
06-16-2007, 05:38 AM
Hi,

Demonyito here.. demonyo for short

Plays streetball, race cars(plastic toys:D ) and kayaking

likes physcal education, music and arts as the easiest subject in primary school:p

its not exclusive for Filipino i believe there's no such exclusive thing in the net but you can write it in our own language...

spot on buddy;) not only for filipinos, vice versa.. for all the nationalities of the world.

PEACE

rensquared
06-16-2007, 05:42 AM
Name: Tigas
Hobbies: Basketball, Aikido, Mountain Climbing, Golf
Birthday: September 10
About me: An avid fan of Philippine National team. I support them no mater what. I play basketball during my free time. I also study aikido for six months now, only white belt(nothing to brag about), Im not good enough though. Hehe. My idols are in the National Team, especially JayJay Helterbrand.

Peace up A town

Bianca
06-17-2007, 12:15 AM
what part exactly in cebu?

once in awhile when i visit the ancestral homelands i mostly stay in talisay or minglanilla

Bulacao Pardo one ride to downtown area.

Burndvinyard
06-18-2007, 03:07 AM
ok you can write here www.mannypacquiao.ph just look for the basketball forum, its not exclusive for Filipino i believe there's no such exclusive thing in the net but you can write it in our own language...

yes, there is an exclusive Filipino forum for basketball. Check out: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums and look for the In The Zone community

viperbravo
06-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Name: Noel "The Viper"
Height: 5'8
Favorite Sports: Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, I also played sepak takraw, track and field (100 m and 4*4 relay during my high school days)
Province: Romblon
About me: Im an avid fan/supporter of Philippine National team. I support them no mater what. I played Volleyball (varsity) from High School (2nd year) until college (varsity)..As a team player, we won so many championships, STRAA meet, College Tournaments...I love to play Volleyball..Once in the court, i gave my best to play the best. that's the way we played in my beloved province (ROMBLON). I'm to short for volleyball, but I can block those 6 ft player...Right now, i vow to support the RP team! The RP Basketball Team...coz WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

MABUHAY AND TEAM PILIPINAS. Lets Support them, no matter what!!!

apiSigbinz
06-18-2007, 09:58 AM
yes, there is an exclusive Filipino forum for basketball. Check out: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums and look for the In The Zone community

i think any national can register in that forum and make his post... where's the exclusivity there? maybe you just means we can post Tagalog there that's it but is it exclusive to Pinoys only? nah... i don't think so buddy! thanks for the info though...

Phantim3dx
06-18-2007, 11:26 AM
what position, weak side hitter, setter, etc?

played only in high school but didnt try out next varsity season..almost got kicked out my first yr in V..hehe

Name: Noel "The Viper"
Height: 5'8
Favorite Sports: Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, I also played sepak takraw, track and field (100 m and 4*4 relay during my high school days)
Province: Romblon
About me: Im an avid fan/supporter of Philippine National team. I support them no mater what. I played Volleyball (varsity) from High School (2nd year) until college (varsity)..As a team player, we won so many championships, STRAA meet, College Tournaments...I love to play Volleyball..Once in the court, i gave my best to play the best. that's the way we played in my beloved province (ROMBLON). I'm to short for volleyball, but I can block those 6 ft player...Right now, i vow to support the RP team! The RP Basketball Team...coz WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

MABUHAY AND TEAM PILIPINAS. Lets Support them, no matter what!!!

sickcurtain_16
06-18-2007, 11:40 AM

Try here
http://www.thedigitalpinoy.com

in this site, you can freely post in TAGALOG. :)

Got to the FIBA thread. Post your news there daily. Ok? See you there. Im a moderator there anyway. just look for rogelio.

viperbravo
06-19-2007, 03:00 AM
what position, weak side hitter, setter, etc?

played only in high school but didnt try out next varsity season..almost got kicked out my first yr in V..hehe

Spiker/blocker..dude its really hard to be a volleyball player...during trainings, oh man, you need patience, specially if your being dishonor by your coach, coz your to slow and can't run...I think I got 4-5 injuries during trainings.

But after those hardships and sacrificies, I'm still thankful because, it made me a better player and a better person..

Bro, if I will be giving a chance, I would like to be a volleyball coach someday. I will teach them what i've learned from my mentors..

IF THERE IS NO PAIN, NO GAIN!

I was born to be a champion!

friedbrains
06-19-2007, 05:26 AM
hi im Fried F. Brains. My middle-name is THE "F" word. I'm a crazy sonnamabitch fan of Philippine sports --> basketball, chess, tennis, billiards, boxing, what have you. i must be a hardcore fan to post messages in the internet. either that, or i have too much time becoz i'm one freaking loser-slave-laborer-faggot without a social life.:(

anyways, i'd like to believe i have brains (hence, the name. idiot!) so i wanna like share my ten cents on anything that has got to do with philippine basketball. please fell free to insult/disparage/protest any of my posts. my life is so f*****up i think i need the intellectual stimulation to atleast give order to my chaotic-slash-but-mundane existence.:confused:

jolas 4ever! hehehehe:D

Phantim3dx
06-19-2007, 07:20 AM
it was 7-8 yrs ago dude, no harm done on my part. i got suspended because i got into a little scuffle with a teammate. drinking is what i do best these days

Spiker/blocker..dude its really hard to be a volleyball player...during trainings, oh man, you need patience, specially if your being dishonor by your coach, coz your to slow and can't run...I think I got 4-5 injuries during trainings.

But after those hardships and sacrificies, I'm still thankful because, it made me a better player and a better person..

Bro, if I will be giving a chance, I would like to be a volleyball coach someday. I will teach them what i've learned from my mentors..

IF THERE IS NO PAIN, NO GAIN!

I was born to be a champion!

thayil
06-19-2007, 07:58 AM
My name is MYK CAUMERAN

24 yrs old..

Played Basketball during HS only :D

Im a Musician(www.friendster.com/fiveftadjust) / Tech Support but Basketball is my Firstlove Basketball..

Fav player: PBA = Danny Seigle
NBA = Kobe Bryant

donrivera21
06-22-2007, 05:22 AM
hello new here:

name : donrivera
loc: cebu
a die hard fan of pba and nba games. as well as local games here in cebu.
favorite player: pba: kelly williams
nba: vince carter

mabuhay ang team pilipinas!!!!

apiSigbinz
06-22-2007, 05:30 AM
hello new here:

name : donrivera
loc: cebu
a die hard fan of pba and nba games. as well as local games here in cebu.
favorite player: pba: kelly williams
nba: vince carter

mabuhay ang team pilipinas!!!!

are you from Unit 1, Oppra, Cebu City?...

Onizuka01
06-22-2007, 09:35 AM
hi evry1
im oni, from cebu, im new here..
just checking out news about our RP NT..

soyonara! gotta hoops to watch!

astig
06-23-2007, 09:34 AM
just wanna say hi to all of you.. :)

jaybz
06-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Name: Jaybz

Been playin' Bball since 5 years old..childhood dream was to play in the PBA..but never materialized...:D played varsity basketball during HS and was able to play against James Yap when he was still with Taytung...twas' a massacre I think...:D grew up watching the exploits in the international arena of my idol..Allan Caidic...can't forget that semifinal game against JAPAN during the 1990 Asian Games..he simply exploded...hoping to see RP NT win it all this coming FIBA-Asia...

saints13
06-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi, I'm batman!

I'm a nocturnal mammal.

I always take care of everything.

ask them...

then they'll say..

"bahala na si Batman"

pinoy pac fan
06-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Hello, people.

I know many guys here I get into discussions with, about my views on the NT. I just want the Philippines to not be the godd@mn doormats of asian basketball again. I get frustrated sometimes. I dont care if they dont win a medal, I just want them to play with real pride and desire.

Anyway, Im 27 years old, living in the black tiger prawn capital of the Philippines, and I love basketball.

Im not athletic, Im slow, I cant jump so high, but godd@mn, can I set a pick. :) I love the "little dirty tricks" of basketball, without anybodygetting
hurt. Im great at boxing out bigger guys, I love to clog driving lanes and I have to admit, Im a very good flopper. :D

I love to work on the little things. I cant stop myself from practicing hours upon hours the perfect freethrow form, the hook shot, the floater, and the bank shot.

Right now, I can consistently make 50% of my freethrow.. eyes closed.
Working on 70%

Phantim3dx
06-26-2007, 04:54 PM
i like to do what i call those "tony Parker tear drop/floaters" pinoy pac fan, i suggest to work on this to piss off your opponents with the typical "WTF" looks on their faces

pinoy pac fan
06-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Im not athletic enough to do Tony Parker style tear drops.
But I do have the Jeff Hornacek's drive down the middle, running 9 foot looper with the bicycle kick. :D

And I got Macmac Cardona's two footed take-off, shot put release, zero backspin shot that's so soft it just dies in front of the rim.

It aint pretty but it works.

VII
06-27-2007, 06:49 AM
i like to do what i call those "tony Parker tear drop/floaters" pinoy pac fan, i suggest to work on this to piss off your opponents with the typical "WTF" looks on their faces

hard to perfect it...i tried it before...
i figure it can only be done on an open lane...
i used it against a center once...
it went in!! gotta admit it must have been a fluke..

sickcurtain_16
06-27-2007, 12:44 PM
I got this unorthodox semi hook before, kinda same with Cardona's. It's difficult to defend with because it just pops out from no where without any timing involved. But now, I almost forgot how to do it. It is indeed true that you change your game thru time. :-D

ctongco
06-28-2007, 01:31 AM
Have you guys tried driving into the lane and do a jump-side-step and shoot the ball, only you drive to the lane fast and do the jump-side-step in slow motion. There are times when this move throws off the defender's timing. It's close to what James Yap is doing when he drives to the basket.

VII
06-28-2007, 03:21 AM
Have you guys tried driving into the lane and do a jump-side-step and shoot the ball, only you drive to the lane fast and do the jump-side-step in slow motion. There are times when this move throws off the defender's timing. It's close to what James Yap is doing when he drives to the basket.

are you referring to the bunny hop???
use by patrick ewing?
its a lovely move...only downside is nowadays youll more likely be called for traveling with those moves...

jrb0yd
06-28-2007, 04:27 AM

hehe... you know what im a master of that...no kidding... :D my teammates actually calls me macmac...hehe if i remember it all started back in highschool...during that time i play 1 and 2 and most of my attempts were 3pts, so im used to shoot at a very long range... and then suddenly it just happened that i tried driving to the basket...since im used to taking strong long range shots, i really had a hard time taking 10-12 ft jumpers with 2 hands, so suddenly i found myself hitting that patented teardrop shot. it really works that even during fastbreaks where u are up against 2 defenders u can still convert ur shot w/out getting blocked...:D

JET007
06-29-2007, 06:41 AM
WATS UP MEN!!!
Name: JT
PEROMARAMINGMGAPINOYRINDITO(its an island name)
Fave PBA player: Lordy Tugade, Mark Caguioa, LA Tenorio, KG Canaleta
Fave NBA player: Tracy McGrady, Amare Stoudamire, Steve Nash, Yao Ming

Take a guess where i am!?

pinoy pac fan
06-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Palau

Phantim3dx
06-29-2007, 11:05 AM
barangay island?

saints13
06-30-2007, 03:08 AM
a new basketball forum to invade..

tara let's brag there..joke :D

wala naman asian basketball forum dun e..

mostly about European..

sana walang mapadpad na bragster dun..

anyway..kung 3p nyo..

http://www.talkbasket.net/forums

JET007
06-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Palau
hinde, pero your close...:D

pinoy pac fan
06-30-2007, 08:41 AM

Guam.
Chamorro vs Pinoy.
Round 1.. DINGDINGDING!

jaybz
06-30-2007, 10:44 AM

I think its SABAH...:)

saints13
07-01-2007, 04:17 AM
mga kababayan ko :D

masama na po ang imahe ng Pilipinas sa international basketball forum, nakakalungkot yun mga pinopost ng mga kababayan natin, haha. kung ako e hindi Pinoy e magagalit talaga ako dahil arogante yun ibang mga nagpopost, huhu. :confused: wala bang paraan para matigil na ang pagyayabang sa forum. :(

kapag makapagcomment ba naman kase yun mga kababayan natin e parang mga Pilipino lang ang nagbabasketball sa Asia, e malamang mababastos naman yun ibang nationality. even mga taga-Europe e nababad3p na sa atin.

saints13
07-01-2007, 07:17 PM
btw.. here's the site wherein you can check the PBA Live

there is also a forum there, check it out :)

http://www.pbalive.panelo.com/iboard/index.php

friedbrains
07-02-2007, 05:59 AM
i started a thread on NT game plan. it's gone now. can anyone tell me what happened? :confused: :confused: :confused:

JET007
07-02-2007, 06:49 AM
Guam.
Chamorro vs Pinoy.
Round 1.. DINGDINGDING!
jackpot!!! pano mo nalaman ang mga tao dito? tungkol sa chamorro vs. pinoy, walang laban mga chamorro...:p

ctongco
07-02-2007, 07:06 AM
i started a thread on NT game plan. it's gone now. can anyone tell me what happened? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Click Here (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?p=68500#post68500).

PJAYZ
07-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm A New Member, But I Have Been Looking At Interbasket Forums Ror The Past 2 Years Now. Just To Get Me Informed. Because I Work In The Ship So I Get Outdated For 10 Mths.. Luv Basketball And Im Agood Fan Of Good Basketball!!! Although Im Kinda Pissed Though R.p. Just Got Beat By Lebanon !!! R.p.'s Gonna Get Back At U Though Here In Manila!!! So Shout Out Goes Out To All Senior Members!!wassup!!!

saints13
07-03-2007, 07:38 PM
ei dude, I've been here about 1-2 months already, I think.;)

I've never been into a basketball forum that is as hardcore as this one.

some were dull and senseless.

seems like almost everybody here is from everywhere :)

some guys are from Cebu, from New Zealand, from China, from US, from Canada.. etc.. :)

are there Manila-based Filipino forum members here?

btw.. I'm really not Batman.. :)

I'm an architecture student in Manila.

I'm 22 years of age.

I use to play PG in HS and early years of college. :)

but right now, I can't manage to play ball coz I'm busy doin stuffs.. :)

we've got a team in our community, it's like a franchise, its "Saints" and my jersey has been 7, 8, 55 and 13.

hopefully I'll get back into playing after I manage not to get busy..

lately, I've been coaching some kids in our community..the Saints Jr.

since then, I've really looked at basketball scientifically..

its more ideal to teach kids scientific basketball than showtime basketball..

how I wish I grew up and taught that way.. :)

God bless to the basketball fans, players, coaches, scouts etc. who are in the Philippine Basketball Forum..

naway may mapulot tayong kaalaman sa isa't isa. :)

translation:
may we have good things to share to make our brain fat.lolz :)

bolabasket
07-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Saints13, since you're taking up architecture any design proposal for the PBA Dome?

saints13
07-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Saints13, since you're taking up architecture any design proposal for the PBA Dome?

It was my favorite project by far, but it was turned down in the university when I proposed it for my thesis, profs there are not basketball buffs, they said that basketball can be played anywhere... damn, they are too classy they don't know anything about it :)

bolabasket
07-04-2007, 09:03 AM
It was my favorite project by far, but it was turned down in the university when I proposed it for my thesis, profs there are not basketball buffs, they said that basketball can be played anywhere... damn, they are too classy they don't know anything about it :)

Tsk.tsk...Interbasket could have been proud of you!:D :D :D Maybe they're badminton buffs. Hehehe

saints13
07-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Tsk.tsk...Interbasket could have been proud of you!:D :D :D Maybe they're badminton buffs. Hehehe

they aint buffs at all...lolz :D

joel23
07-04-2007, 11:12 AM
INDEED THE PHILIPPINE NT ARE DUMB FOOL:mad: :mad: !!!!

nebecula
07-04-2007, 02:02 PM
I have been a lurker in these forums for quite some time now, I guess its time for me to take the next step and join the forums :D

jundakki
07-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Hi I'm JUN just turned 38 last june. A fil-chinese but i'm not rooting for China cuz im a true blooded pinoy. My grandpa is a barriomate of Tycoon Lucio Tan.

A baskeball fanatic even before the inception of PBA in 1975. With extensive experience in banking industry having worked for Producers Bank, RCBC and Allied Bank. Once an MVP of local league participated by bankers. A 6'7" guy weighing 230 lbs. And of course from Cauayan City, Isabela.

Well i forgot I once played for Shell , not the PBA club, but the local league.

stuart
07-04-2007, 07:15 PM

some guys are from Cebu, from New Zealand, from China, from US, from Canada.. etc..
Wait until all the regional championships starting at the end of the month and next month (particlularly the Tournament of Americas, Asia Championships, and Eurobasket), Interbasket goes crazy during these international tournaments --- by the time you finish reading one page of a game thread, two more have popped up. Not to mention the World Championships and the Olympics.

Stuart

bge0329
07-05-2007, 04:58 AM
hey im begee. 24 years of age. i just got hook reading to all the funny comments i was reading and got hype up. so i joined. anyhow im an entrepreneur. i read the forums to kill time in my store hehe i find the articles so funny because its either a show of disgust or a moral support. anyhow its a free country. all of us is entitled to its own opinion so lets get it on. i might share some of my thoughts if i find the topic relevant and interesting.

peace out!

ctongco
07-05-2007, 05:18 AM
Why is it that when RP lost, a sudden influx of disgruntled RP fans storm IBN with curses? hehe. Well, as stuart said, it will take time to settle down. Welcome new members, hope we could share sensible basketball thoughts and infos.

pinoy pac fan
07-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Welcome to all the brand new members. Interbasket is a low key, no frills but an excellent & informative basketball site, and all of you will have great fun discussing opposing views about basketball with your co-members here.

Its OK to be mad and frustrated at times, but always try to not speak too vulgarly. Dont say bad words, ha? :) Think of more creative ways of expressing yourself without excessively cursing.

And avoid bragging about your team too much if they cant back it up. Good teams dont need to brag. As Ted Roosevelt once said "Talk softly, and carry a big stick"

Respect the opposing team your NT is facing. Do not belittle them if they seem to be weaker, or insult them if you think they are rivals. Both teams are not sworn enemies, they are fellow competitors.

Now youre ready to play.

3.. 2.. 1.. JUMPBALL! PRRRRRT!

nowitzki_21
07-05-2007, 06:12 PM
ei dude, I've been here about 1-2 months already, I think.;)

some guys are from Cebu, from New Zealand, from China, from US, from Canada.. etc.. :)

are there Manila-based Filipino forum members here?

btw.. I'm really not Batman.. :)

I'm an architecture student in Manila.

I'm 22 years of age.

I use to play PG in HS and early years of college. :)

but right now, I can't manage to play ball coz I'm busy doin stuffs.. :)

we've got a team in our community, it's like a franchise, its "Saints" and my jersey has been 7, 8, 55 and 13.

hopefully I'll get back into playing after I manage not to get busy..

lately, I've been coaching some kids in our community..the Saints Jr.

since then, I've really looked at basketball scientifically..

its more ideal to teach kids scientific basketball than showtime basketball..

how I wish I grew up and taught that way.. :)

God bless to the basketball fans, players, coaches, scouts etc. who are in the Philippine Basketball Forum..

naway may mapulot tayong kaalaman sa isa't isa. :)

translation:
may we have good things to share to make our brain fat.lolz :)

Damn I miss Asia-Basket forum!!!! I miss Samurai_22

jovani_pineda
07-06-2007, 04:39 AM
brian from bambang alley.

friedbrains
07-06-2007, 05:16 AM
calling on stuart! kindly delete the stupid thread on dondon being stupid. please!!!!

ros
07-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Am I the only one here from Mindanao?

sickcurtain_16
07-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah. It seems that there are very few here hailing from Manila. Im working in Manila now. How about the others here? Maybe we can all have a grand eb, on a basketball court.

saints13
07-07-2007, 04:31 AM
I feel that there are many forum members in here who are in Manila also.. :D they just don't care introducing themselves in this thread..maybe after some months, posts will flood here :D

ctongco
07-07-2007, 02:50 PM

I'm from Cagayan de Oro.

ros
07-08-2007, 03:13 AM
I'm from Cagayan de Oro.

Glad to know that. BTW i'm from General Santos City

jovani_pineda
07-08-2007, 09:19 AM
i just recently introduce myself in a very short way.
i'm brian from cavite, working at makati and playing at bambang alley long time ago. i'm only 20 and i'm 5'10". i play basketball since childhood, but during my college years, i stop playing because i concentrate on painting. after that, no basketball. but, i got more interest in playing basketball again because of this forum. in our school or in streets, i am the center but not compatible because i'm skinny. but that's ok, i play hard usually at "pustahan" (betting games).
jerry stackhouse and eric piatkowski are my favorite players in the nba.
daany siegel and alex araneta in the pba.
l.a. clippers and chicago bulls are my favorite team in the nba.
alaska milkmen is my favorite team ever since.

aklanarcher
07-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm from Kalibo, Aklan. Any Aklanons in here?

flip_ya_face01
07-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Well, I think i'm the youngest guy here.

I'm 16, just transfered from San Diego to Makati last summer.
First time here and it's hot as hell.I'm a half-flip half-yankee.
Used to play a lot of soccer before but switch to basketball coz' of this guy named Steve Nash.But now i realize there's no way i'm gonna be like him so I just tried martial arts and fortunately i'm getting some air.LOL

aklanarcher
07-08-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm turning 21 this year. I am getting older by the minute. Some players from the other country's national teams are younger than me. Wow.

jovani_pineda
07-08-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm turning 21 this year. I am getting older by the minute. Some players from the other country's national teams are younger than me. Wow.

really, we have the same age bracket. i'm turning 21 too in december. that's right, it's because they have the height.

bolabasket
07-09-2007, 02:54 AM
I'm from Cagayan de Oro.
I'm from CDO too.

sickcurtain_16
07-09-2007, 04:35 AM
By the way, im staying at antipolo, that's where I grew up. Anybody else here from Rizal area?

ctongco
07-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm from CDO too.

Hahahaha. Silingan raman diay ta. Aha ka dapit CDO?

Translation: We're neighbors. Where in CDO?

b3lowzro
07-09-2007, 12:11 PM
yo jorge here!!! i hail from taft to qc! I really love basketball but im no good at it so i play futbol (soccer). Hope you guys and gals can give me good company here
________
Uggs (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

JET007
07-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Well, I think i'm the youngest guy here.

I'm 16, just transfered from San Diego to Makati last summer.
First time here and it's hot as hell.I'm a half-flip half-yankee.
Used to play a lot of soccer before but switch to basketball coz' of this guy named Steve Nash.But now i realize there's no way i'm gonna be like him so I just tried martial arts and fortunately i'm getting some air.LOL

nope you aint the youngest :p , I just turned 16 last week eh!!!

saints13
07-09-2007, 02:21 PM
yo jorge here!!! i hail from taft to qc! I really love basketball but im no good at it so i play futbol (soccer). Hope you guys and gals can give me good company here

be proud you play soccer :D its the most popular sport in the world :D

a classmate of mine who came from down south use to play soccer and its evident the way they play basketball, they love strides and long sidesteps :D

I wonder what's happening with our Soccer/Football NT after acquiring those Younghusband brothers from Chelsea England.

jovani_pineda
07-09-2007, 02:34 PM

a classmate of mine who came from down south use to play soccer and its evident the way they play basketball, they love strides and long sidesteps :D

I wonder what's happening with our Soccer/Football NT after acquiring those Younghusband brothers from Chelsea England.

yeah, when i stop basketball long time ago, i want to play soccer. but, i don't have friends to teach me to play it. bad luck.:D

b3lowzro
07-09-2007, 03:24 PM

well they're performing well actually they're not anymore the whipping dogs Southeast Asia but still they couldn't go up to the AFC level (AFC is like the Tokushima 07 of Football)
________
Maine marijuana dispensaries (http://maine.dispensaries.org/)

saints13
07-09-2007, 04:54 PM
well they're performing well actually they're not anymore the whipping dogs Southeast Asia but still they couldn't go up to the AFC level (AFC is like the Tokushima 07 of Football)

yah, I always see that AFC commercial while watching the Jones Cup :D

how I wish someday we'll be joining the AFC and next the FIFA World Cup :D

THE11thROCKô
07-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi :p ,

I am Drew, aka THE11thROCKô.
25, Single, typical boy next door (or next to the door?) :D
Currently a Mod here in Interbasket.
Led and bannered the Signature Campaign which was initially coined and conceptualized by Errektus, together with old posters from MyPBA, PBA Forums, Interbasket and other basketball sites.
Admin and Webmaster of Philippine Basketball Website (http://philippinebasketballteam.it.tt), PROJECTALPHA (http://projectalpha.it.tt), and THE11thROCK Technologies Blog (http://the11throck.it.tt).
Webmaster and IT Admin by profession
Businessman and owner of a chain of PC Cafe's here in Flipland.
I can also say I that I'm one of the older Flip posters here (by virtue of membership date). Those I particularly remember were Ctongco, RetiredJordanStopper, Errektus, Donmardell, Skywalker and Ann.
I, and some senior flip members here once had a debate with a chinese poster named Randolf (don't remember if I spelled it right). We had arguments about RP NT then, and the guy just kept on belittling and insulting the RP NT. That guy was consequently banned for name-calling and racism, if I remember correctly.
Currently rebuilding the Philippine Basketball Website (http://philippinebasketballteam.it.tt), and hoping for support and contributions from fellow flips.

bolabasket
07-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Hahahaha. Silingan raman diay ta. Aha ka dapit CDO?

Translation: We're neighbors. Where in CDO?
naa ra dri city proper divisoria....

Trans: Just in the city proper divisoria area

Phantim3dx
07-10-2007, 04:39 PM
seems like there's quite a few bans going on this month. must be the hot weather..ban more ban more!...except me post whoring is not a crime, to an extent

Led and bannered the Signature Campaign which was initially coined and conceptualized by Errektus, together with old posters from MyPBA, PBA Forums, Interbasket and other basketball sites.
Admin and Webmaster of Philippine Basketball Website (http://philippinebasketballteam.it.tt), PROJECTALPHA (http://projectalpha.it.tt), and THE11thROCK Technologies Blog (http://the11throck.it.tt).
I can also say I that I'm one of the older Flip posters here (by virtue of membership date). Those I particularly remember were Ctongco, RetiredJordanStopper, Errektus, Donmardell, Skywalker and Ann.
I, and some senior flip members here once had a debate with a chinese poster named Randolf (don't remember if I spelled it right). We had arguments about RP NT then, and the guy just kept on belittling and insulting the RP NT. That guy was consequently banned for name-calling and racism, if I remember correctly.
Currently rebuilding the Philippine Basketball Website (http://philippinebasketballteam.it.tt), and hoping for support and contributions from fellow flips.

kch912
07-10-2007, 09:42 PM

Hey Sir,

Nice pic there, where did you get it? Thanks.

kryptoniac
07-11-2007, 03:00 AM
My name's Burnhard. Haven't played much basketball except on my PS3. Playing Chess was my game but I used to be fan of Anejo days(that's what got me interested to basketball). I'm an entreprenuer(got to finish this course sponsored by Brigham Young University-Hawaii), owns and run Internet cafe's and a restaurant plus a couple of online investments(I make at least $1,000 a week on this online, really cool). I'm a gadget freak and owns some of the latest gizmo's around. I also love playing console games and have it from PSP, PS2, XBOX, PS3 and Wii, actually that's about all I do everyday after checking on my investments(yeah I should get a life). Just postin here to kill time coz I'm getting really bored with my daily routine.

Phantim3dx
07-11-2007, 05:15 AM
Hey Sir,

Nice pic there, where did you get it? Thanks.

well i got it because my friend was having a bday. i was sipping some fine cognac, while we took a photo group together. i've never really liked to look at the camera, and when it came out i cropped this photo because it shows the finer tastes which not to many of my age can acredit themselves to.

THE11thROCKô
07-11-2007, 07:58 AM
It's in my site. Check my signature below.

snipes12
07-12-2007, 02:41 PM
hi im snipes12 my name in real life is dirk nowitzki
i choke last post season against the gsw (darn stephen jackson)
but i will be return next season with a vengence

aklanarcher
07-12-2007, 03:14 PM

Nice credentials, Bro :)

kerouac82
07-13-2007, 12:19 AM
well i got it because my friend was having a bday. i was sipping some fine cognac, while we took a photo group together. i've never really liked to look at the camera, and when it came out i cropped this photo because it shows the finer tastes which not to many of my age can acredit themselves to.

Cognac is good. I like it better than brandy. Doesn't burn your insides like brandy does.

acid_taulava
07-15-2007, 03:12 PM
:cool: i want to see mick penisi in person.. hehe:cool:

sinobball
07-15-2007, 07:32 PM
:cool: i want to see mick penisi in person.. hehe:cool:Saints13 ... cut it out

saints13
07-16-2007, 02:49 AM
Saints13 ... cut it out

ei I'm not Acid Taulava..he's my friend. :) ok?

IanPlens
07-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm from CDO too.

pastilan! ako pud taga CDO! taga Iponan ko... nagwork sa Limketkai...

trans: OMG! Im from CDO too... from Iponan and working in Limketkai...

bolabasket
07-16-2007, 10:48 AM
pastilan! ako pud taga CDO! taga Iponan ko... nagwork sa Limketkai...

trans: OMG! Im from CDO too... from Iponan and working in Limketkai...
Hahaha....together with ctongco, more and more cagayanons here in interbasket.

snipes12
07-16-2007, 12:26 PM
eni kabitenyos here? iam half german half kabitenyo , dirk nowitzki for president

phevergy
07-16-2007, 12:55 PM
hi there! Im phevergy...resides here in QC.
A financial advisor of Prudential Giant,plc based in UK.
Known as Prulife UK here in the Phils.

VIPER23
07-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Here bro. I'm an infant here trying to find my dad. I'm from Surigao City via Dubai ,UAE. Anyone else?;) ;) ;) Nice to know more people from Mindanao expressing their thoughts regarding basketball.

"THE NEW BEGINNING FOR THE OLD SCHOOL"

IanPlens
07-17-2007, 07:10 AM
Hahaha....together with ctongco, more and more cagayanons here in interbasket.

wer u in CDO bai?!:)

bolabasket
07-17-2007, 07:17 AM
wer u in CDO bai?!:)
somewhere in Divisoria ra bai...sa office

saints13
07-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Here bro. I'm an infant here trying to find my dad. I'm from Surigao City via Dubai ,UAE. Anyone else?;) ;) ;) Nice to know more people from Mindanao expressing their thoughts regarding basketball.

"THE NEW BEGINNING FOR THE OLD SCHOOL"

ei bro, are you in Dubai right now?

how old are you? are you working there or are you an immigrant?

btw, I love that place, I wish I could work there someday :D

VIPER23
07-17-2007, 07:06 PM
ei bro, are you in Dubai right now?

how old are you? are you working there or are you an immigrant?

btw, I love that place, I wish I could work there someday :D

Gud AM pre. I'm 32 and working for a Fit-out company here in Dubai. I thought you're also residing here in Dubai with your Burj Al Arab Avatar,the only 7 star hotel in the world. Naa your working here in Dubai right? I have this gut feeling that you are in Pasig City via Dubai. Right? Btw it's a nice place to work and live here for us flips.

' THE NEW BEGINNING FOR THE OLD SCHOOL":cool: :cool: :cool:

saints13
07-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Gud AM pre. I'm 32 and working for a Fit-out company here in Dubai. I thought you're also residing here in Dubai with your Burj Al Arab Avatar,the only 7 star hotel in the world. Naa your working here in Dubai right? I have this gut feeling that you are in Pasig City via Dubai. Right? Btw it's a nice place to work and live here for us flips.

' THE NEW BEGINNING FOR THE OLD SCHOOL":cool: :cool: :cool:

is Aga Muhlach and John Lloyd there.. :) LOL

I really love those places, the Burj Al Arab, the Burj, the Palm, the World, the underwater hotel, the skiing snow in the dessert etc. all those wishful places only to be seen in Dubai. :D

I'm not in Dubai bro, I'm here in the Philippines, I hope in 3 years time, I hope to be living in Dubai.. :D

VIPER23
07-17-2007, 07:55 PM
LOL I wondered why Aga was not arrested and jailed for sleeping under the overpass in that movie. Your quite familiar with the best places here pre. Why wait 3 more years when all you need is a friend here to sponsor you for your visit and roughly 50T pesos for plane tket and visa.Btw what's your trade? if it's in engineering you can come here anytime.

"THE NEW BEGINNING FOR THE OLD SCHOOL":cool: :cool: :cool:

bolabasket
07-18-2007, 01:32 AM
LOL I wondered why Aga was not arrested and jailed for sleeping under the overpass in that movie. Your quite familiar with the best places here pre. Why wait 3 more years when all you need is a friend here to sponsor you for your visit and roughly 50T pesos for plane tket and visa.Btw what's your trade? if it's in engineering you can come here anytime.

what movie was that?:D

saints13
07-18-2007, 10:01 AM

well, then, be my friend and sponsor me with plane tix and visa :D

I'll just sleep where Aga slept, hindi naman pala nahuhuli e :D

I wanna be a palaboy in Dubai! :D

saints13
07-18-2007, 10:03 AM
what movie was that?:D

the Star Cinema film.. "DUBAI":cool:

norwood
07-18-2007, 10:50 AM
the Star Cinema film.. "DUBAI":cool:
with clauding barreto? how bout you try to go to MILAN? but you have to dream first..since it kinda easy to visit dubai...if you have money...:D

saints13
07-18-2007, 10:54 AM
with clauding barreto? how bout you try to go to MILAN? but you have to dream first..since it kinda easy to visit dubai...if you have money...:D

I'd prefer Dubai over Milan. :D

the projects are there in Dubailand.. :D

pinoy pac fan
07-18-2007, 11:19 AM
im back. i missed this place. my home pc and internet is still sick. i hope i get it all fixed before the fiba championships. (sigh)

hello to all the brand new guys.

saints13
07-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm bored, I made an avatar that really looks like me :)

XnCR3fAVPWs

http://www.simpsonsmovie.com/main.html <-make your own simpson character :D

rodreyes
07-19-2007, 02:24 AM
Hi guys, i recently discovered interbasket forums and i have been visiting the site for the past few days. Some of you guy might know me from Pacland. I am one avid and serious fan of basketball dating back from my elementary days. I hope i can contribute some intelligent and informative posts here at interbasket. Im also hoping that i can get information which i can share to our other kababayans at Pacland.

Pacland, btw, is not just for boxing enthusiasts. There is also a very active basketball thread where discussions are specifically focused on Team Pilipinas. I am a very active there, i have dedicated myself to posting news, articles, updates and all types of information relating to Team Pilipinas. I hope to do the same here. :)

saints13
07-19-2007, 02:43 AM
welcome RodReyes!!! :D

we're all coolheadeds here..LOLZ :)

rodreyes
07-19-2007, 02:50 AM
welcome RodReyes!!! :D

we're all coolheadeds here..LOLZ :)

thanks bro. Im all for healthy, intelligent and informative discussions :)

DiegoClang
07-19-2007, 03:32 AM
i dunno about those 3 criterias u've mentioned...but we definetely have discussions here:D ....just kidding. i think some of us have even manage to drive one poster away :D (i think he'll be back though)
i've read some of your posts over at pacland...you're definetely a welcome addition to this forum:) Welcome bro!

apiSigbinz
07-19-2007, 03:36 AM

please brace yourself sir.. interbasket is no pacland! :D hehehe

ctongco
07-19-2007, 04:26 AM
Hi guys, i recently discovered interbasket forums and i have been visiting the site for the past few days. Some of you guy might know me from Pacland. I am one avid and serious fan of basketball dating back from my elementary days. I hope i can contribute some intelligent and informative posts here at interbasket. Im also hoping that i can get information which i can share to our other kababayans at Pacland.

Pacland, btw, is not just for boxing enthusiasts. There is also a very active basketball thread where discussions are specifically focused on Team Pilipinas. I am a very active there, i have dedicated myself to posting news, articles, updates and all types of information relating to Team Pilipinas. I hope to do the same here. :)

Welcome to Interbasket!

rodreyes
07-19-2007, 04:28 AM
i dunno about those 3 criterias u've mentioned...but we definetely have discussions here:D ....just kidding. i think some of us have even manage to drive one poster away :D (i think he'll be back though)
i've read some of your posts over at pacland...you're definetely a welcome addition to this forum:) Welcome bro!

thanks bro. i can be naughty and mean sometimes and when necessary :)

rodreyes
07-19-2007, 04:30 AM
please brace yourself sir.. interbasket is no pacland! :D hehehe

Lol :D Pacland has its shares of nuts too, i think i can handle them :)

rodreyes
07-19-2007, 04:30 AM
Welcome to Interbasket!

thanks bro :)

13 posts in one hour? now im getting addicted :)

ctongco
07-19-2007, 04:31 AM
Lol :D Pacland has its shares of nuts too, i think i can handle them :)

Maybe you could invite some of the more civilized members from PACLAND.

ctongco
07-19-2007, 04:32 AM
thanks bro :)

13 posts in one hour? now im getting addicted :)

Wait until FIBA-Asia Championship starts. :D

rodreyes
07-19-2007, 04:38 AM
Maybe you could invite some of the more civilized members from PACLAND.

I believe that some of them are here already like RN (blogger @ teampilipinas), KobeWakenobi, Gabe Norwood. etc. Other main contributors there are "Jawo", "Reylan," "aconizado" and "wnox". Im not sure if they are here already.

rodreyes
07-19-2007, 04:39 AM

Yes, im totally excited :) The problem now is i have to divide my time between Pacland and Interbasket :)

bolabasket
07-19-2007, 04:43 AM
I believe that some of them are here already like RN (blogger @ teampilipinas), KobeWakenobi, Gabe Norwood. etc. Other main contributors there are "Jawo", "Reylan," "aconizado" and "wnox". Im not sure if they are here already.
maybe they're using another name....

ctongco
07-19-2007, 02:25 PM
What do you think guys, will there be another influx of Filipino members when the Asian Championships begin? :)

saints13
07-19-2007, 03:23 PM
What do you think guys, will there be another influx of Filipino members when the Asian Championships begin? :)

for sure :)

I hope there will be influx of other nationalities also.

I wonder why are there not much Iranians, and other mid-eastern as well as South Korean and Japanese and East Asian forum members here. Lebanese, Jordanian, Chinese and Filipinos and a few others interact here, the other part of Asia is missing :)

ctongco
07-19-2007, 03:25 PM
for sure :)

I hope there will be influx of other nationalities also.

I wonder why are there not much Iranians, and other mid-eastern as well as South Korean and Japanese and East Asian forum members here. Lebanese, Jordanian, Chinese and Filipinos and a few others interact here, the other part of Asia is missing :)

Hopefully the Asian Championships may bring in that influx or members. Having insights from other nationalities, especially Asians, would be most welcome.

saints13
07-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Hopefully the Asian Championships may bring in that influx or members. Having insights from other nationalities, especially Asians, would be most welcome.

I wanna know how North Korean thinks about basketball, or are they still interested in sinking the half of Asia as well as with the Iranians, are they going to continue their nuke developments just like their growing basketball development and how about those fake cardboard-siopao news in Beijing, are Chinese back to eating siopao on the streets again. :D LOL

seriously, this Asian Forum has been Filipinos and the rest of Asia Forum already, maybe we Filipinos are really that basketball crazy, we just don't watch basketball, we talk about it and discuss about it a lot. :D

DiegoClang
07-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I
seriously, this Asian Forum has been Filipinos and the rest of Asia Forum already, maybe we Filipinos are really that basketball crazy, we just don't watch basketball, we talk about it and discuss about it a lot. :D
i think our asian neighbors are aware of this site...the only reason i can think of why they're not posting is...the english language. Expressing our thoughts using a foreign language is no picnic...even most pinoys here, me included, are having difficult time translating what the brain is saying:D Some of the meanings are sabi nga "lost in translation".

saints13
07-19-2007, 07:50 PM
i think our asian neighbors are aware of this site...the only reason i can think of why they're not posting is...the english language. Expressing our thoughts using a foreign language is no picnic...even most pinoys here, me included, are having difficult time translating what the brain is saying:D Some of the meanings are sabi nga "lost in translation".

ah I see.. :(

maybe that's also a factor, Filipinos are more familiar with the English language than the other asian neighbors. :)

rensquared
07-20-2007, 02:42 AM

I'll make sure that I'll be home before 5pm on July 28.. hehehe.. can't wait to watch the Tokushima games.. Darn.. still one more week to go.. Time is so slow.. grrr

jaybz
07-20-2007, 04:03 AM

I would love to see that "Samurai" guy from asia-basket...he's such a dumbass..:D

sickcurtain_16
07-20-2007, 04:34 AM
I hope there's no issue to be dealt with at work comes July 28. This past 3 weeks, i had work on weekends. :-(

Hope it's not the case now.

ctongco
07-20-2007, 04:42 AM
I hope there's no issue to be dealt with at work comes July 28. This past 3 weeks, i had work on weekends. :-(

Hope it's not the case now.

For me, I have to work during that week until 8pm. So, I guess I'll be updated through Interbasket.

saints13
07-20-2007, 05:53 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/ironicbrew/FIBAAsiaSig-1.jpg
new sig here from the FIBA Asia website featuring the
Green Siopao Mascot!:D

budz17
07-21-2007, 04:28 PM
helllo to everyone

I discovered interbasket while surfing for news about the national team.

am 29 years old
5'10"
200 lbs:D (i worked out for three years, but anymore)
played basketball from grade 5 I think
play center but my heart is at the point
born and raised in negros occidental
am presently located in las pinas, but only renting a room

I can't wait for the tokushima games to start. hopefully, we get out of the first round.

jaybz
07-22-2007, 03:13 AM
helllo to everyone

am 29 years old
5'10"

I can't wait for the tokushima games to start. hopefully, we get out of the first round.

hey bro...wer you from here in Negros?

am from the same province too...:)

norwood
07-22-2007, 05:23 AM
ah I see.. :(

maybe that's also a factor, Filipinos are more familiar with the English language than the other asian neighbors. :)
You were right bro..philippines is the second nation in english language speaking...It was 3yrs ago if i'm not mistaken...I dunno now if we still holding that record...

since some of our politicians interfer our education and pursuing to use filipino language instead of english, coz they believe ( idiot officials ) it is more understandable and eas to catch the topic if were all teachers uses tagalog as a medium of communications teaching..:mad:

norwood
07-22-2007, 05:26 AM
helllo to everyone

am 29 years old
5'10"

Nice stand...a warmest welcome to you here in interbsket bro..:)

budz17
07-22-2007, 09:24 AM
hey bro...wer you from here in Negros?

am from the same province too...:)

from kabankalan city in the south. yay, ilonggo ka man gali, hehe..nice to know i'm not alone here

budz17
07-22-2007, 09:36 AM
You were right bro..philippines is the second nation in english language speaking...It was 3yrs ago if i'm not mistaken...I dunno now if we still holding that record...

yes, philippines I think is the second largest english speaking country in the world. the largest is of course the USA. with 84 million and counting, our population is larger than that of UK.

points to ponder I think. we are not a small country, though most of our countrymen do think so. we are the 12th most populous country in the world

norwood
07-22-2007, 10:41 AM
yes, philippines I think is the second largest english speaking country in the world. the largest is of course the USA. with 84 million and counting, our population is larger than that of UK.

points to ponder I think. we are not a small country, though most of our countrymen do think so. we are the 12th most populous country in the world

thanks for your info bro :)

jaybz
07-22-2007, 01:14 PM
from kabankalan city in the south. yay, ilonggo ka man gali, hehe..nice to know i'm not alone here

me from bacolod..there's also one guy here who's from negros..jfol...hope our team makes it all the way to Beijing....:)

saints13
07-22-2007, 03:18 PM
ei guys, I have received PM's from foreign forum members about cyberdunk.com, it's an online fantasy league. :)

di ko magets, puro letra nandun, hehe, parang forum na ewan.hehe

translation:
the features are interesting but I don't get how things work there.

sickcurtain_16
07-22-2007, 04:37 PM
For me, I have to work during that week until 8pm. So, I guess I'll be updated through Interbasket.

Until now, im not yet that sure though of my schedule on the weekend. Hopefully, i get to watch the games live on TV. I just saw the advertisement on RPN 9 today.

bolabasket
07-23-2007, 03:47 AM
ei guys, I have received PM's from foreign forum members about cyberdunk.com, it's an online fantasy league. :)

di ko magets, puro letra nandun, hehe, parang forum na ewan.hehe

translation:
the features are interesting but I don't get how things work there.
me too, i think it's an online basketball game.... no time for online gaming for me.

saints13
07-23-2007, 05:14 AM
me too, i think it's an online basketball game.... no time for online gaming for me.

parang fantasy league yata yun.

translation:
no idea about fantasy leagues

reamily
07-23-2007, 06:58 AM
paano ba laruin yun fantasy leagues sa fantasy gm ng nba di ko ma gets pa iyon:(

bolabasket
07-23-2007, 10:13 AM
applause to all pinoy forumers...MABUHAY ANG PILIPINAS!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/applause.gifhttp://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/applause.gifhttp://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/applause.gif

Trans.: Long Live Philippines!

norwood
07-23-2007, 11:48 AM
paano ba laruin yun fantasy leagues sa fantasy gm ng nba di ko ma gets pa iyon:(

it's seems like you were creating 1 team in the NBA, the admimistrator will give you initial money to acquire some players w/c is available or free agent..then when you pick some player ( be wise to pick up players or else your money will run out there are also a salary cap ) let's say you pock dwane wade, he very good player but later on he gets sideline for a long period of time, so your chances to win or accumalate points everytime that you selected player(s) plays and shoot...that's the basic explanation...if anyone can contribute more deeper tp this are welcome..

saints13
07-24-2007, 05:35 AM
it's seems like you were creating 1 team in the NBA, the admimistrator will give you initial money to acquire some players w/c is available or free agent..then when you pick some player ( be wise to pick up players or else your money will run out there are also a salary cap ) let's say you pock dwane wade, he very good player but later on he gets sideline for a long period of time, so your chances to win or accumalate points everytime that you selected player(s) plays and shoot...that's the basic explanation...if anyone can contribute more deeper tp this are welcome..

sounds boring... :(

I hope there will be an online NBA Live..LOL

RNHalawi
07-25-2007, 01:13 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/RNHalawi/sked-1.jpg

http://teampilipinas.blogspot.com/

JET007
07-25-2007, 07:01 AM

bro...we are now 91 million in number(early 2007 estimate, wikipedia; in da homeland only!), and there are about 15 million overseas pinoys!!!

DiegoClang
07-25-2007, 07:29 AM
bro...we are now 91 million in number(early 2007 estimate, wikipedia; in da homeland only!), and there are about 15 million overseas pinoys!!!
i'm one of those 15million;) does anyone know how i can watch the games? ...sopcast? anyone????

aklanarcher
07-25-2007, 01:41 PM

I think India is the largest English speaking country in the world. That's why the business process outsourcing (call center) industry is booming there. I think we are 4th or 5th.

snipes12
07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
sounds boring... :(

I hope there will be an online NBA Live..LOL

wtf is nba live men ? cmmon! have some freakin taste ,

try playin Nba 2k series men to enlighten you up

Onizuka01
07-25-2007, 03:32 PM
I think India is the largest English speaking country in the world. That's why the business process outsourcing (call center) industry is booming there. I think we are 4th or 5th.

cool i've never have thought that India as the largest speaking country...
i've always thought about USA though..
Whats Idia's population as of 2007?

saints13
07-26-2007, 01:38 AM
wtf is nba live men ? cmmon! have some freakin taste ,

try playin Nba 2k series men to enlighten you up

oMg, I didn't know I didn't have taste and I've been in the dark for the past years playin NBA Live..hahahaha :)

I don't know what you meant by NBA 2k series..but they are also NBA Live 2K series..their the same bro..enlighten yourself will ya :D

jaybz
07-26-2007, 02:10 AM
oMg, I didn't know I didn't have taste and I've been in the dark for the past years playin NBA Live..hahahaha :)

I don't know what you meant by NBA 2k series..but they are also NBA Live 2K series..their the same bro..enlighten yourself will ya :D

Remember the vintage Nitendo Famicom game "Double Drible"?? I think that's the best basketball video game of all time...:D

JET007
07-26-2007, 02:17 AM
pare...6th pala tayo...(wikipedia)
1 India...........350,000,000:eek:
2 USA............251,000,000
3 China..........200,000,000:eek:
4 Nigeria.........79,000,000
5 UK..............59,000,000
6 RP...............46,000,000

Nakss!!!

saints13
07-26-2007, 03:01 AM
Remember the vintage Nitendo Famicom game "Double Drible"?? I think that's the best basketball video game of all time...:D

astig! :D

I was playing that game P5/hr. when I was in elementary..lolz :)

apiSigbinz
07-26-2007, 04:52 AM
WjMd2Vabcv8

try ko lang... hehehe enjoy while waiting for FIBA Asia...

saints13
07-26-2007, 08:14 AM
PBA 2006/2007 Roster Patch

Description:
This patch adds 2006/2007 Philippine Basketball Association rosters to NBA Live 07 and includes 12 teams.
Creator: paniss
Version: 1.0
Date Added: 12:39 AM 7/26/07
Last Download: 3:01 AM 7/26/07
Rating: 0/10 (0 votes)
Downloads: 43
File Size: 400 kB

http://download.nba-live.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=1469

protossdomain
07-26-2007, 09:07 AM

Reminiscing... The rivalry between me and my cousin back then on the said game was so intense, that when I beat the shot clock to win the game, he was so furious and saddened he did not speak to me for 6 whole months!

Ahh... Sweet memories. :D

rtc022077
07-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Reminiscing... The rivalry between me and my cousin back then on the said game was so intense, that when I beat the shot clock to win the game, he was so furious and saddened he did not speak to me for 6 whole months!

Ahh... Sweet memories. :D

6 months that quite long.

rycorpz
07-26-2007, 02:17 PM

that's vintage retro dude he he he he

jaybz
07-27-2007, 07:32 AM
my favorite team for that said video game is the Boston Celtics...man i suppose one of the white players was Larry Bird..he could shoot those half-court shots with ease....:D the scores would regularly pass the 150 mark...

THE11thROCKô
07-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Finding time to read this long thread is a sweat. But reading long and numerous unrelated posts is worse. Please get back to Philippines Introduction Thread topic. It was made so we can appreciate and properly introduce each new Pinoy members and respect our senior Filipino posters. :)

aklanarcher
07-29-2007, 04:43 AM
Hi people. I haven't introduced myself yet so let me introduce myself....

Name: Jojo Legaspi
Birthday: 10/10/1986
Place of Birth: Kalibo, Aklan but currently residing in Quezon City
Civil Status: Single
College: De La Salle University-Manila taking up Interdisciplinary Business
Studies Minor in Business Management and I am on my terminal year because I shifted from computer science.
Sports: Basketball and chess but I am way better in chess
Hobbies: Surfing the net, watching tv, playing chess and basketball, reading
and many more.
Height: 6'2" and growing I hope :)
Chess Achievements: Modesty aside :)
2 bronze medals at Western Visayas Athletic Association Meet '99 and '03, 1 silver medal at Western Visayas Athletic Association Meet '02, 4-time Provincial chess champion, Undefeated record at school intramural (high school and elementary), 4-Time Intermunicipality champion and Intercollege chess champion at DLSU-Manila (I joined their team B briefly but quit to concentrate more on my studies)
For basketball: I haven't played organized basketball just some pick up games and 3 halfcourt streetball tournaments at 2 15-minute halves with 2 refs and amateur rules. 4-Team tournament organized by me. It was a friendly tournament but I had my fair share of aches and bruises.
*Stat's (hehehehe)

Games: 15 (single round robin for seeding, similar to the Manila invitational tournament)

Averages:
18.3 PPG(48 pts career high)
11.0 RPG (22 rebs career high)
2.1 asts (9 asts career high)
2.0 TOs
0.2 stls (1 stl career high)
1.5 blks (5 blks career high)

Team rankings
1st conference: 3rd place
2nd conference: 3rd place
3rd conference: 1st place

Thanks for reading my profile.

fhebzs_817
08-01-2007, 12:15 AM
boshingaw..

hi there!.. im phoebe..
a basketball fanatic..

go SMB..

Onizuka01
08-03-2007, 12:06 PM
boshingaw..

hi there!.. im phoebe..
a basketball fanatic..

go SMB..

hello phoebe.. welcome :D
ur a girl? :rolleyes: :cool:

javasandreen
08-03-2007, 01:10 PM
I have already posted more than 10 posts yet I forgot to introduce myself ~lol.

Anyways, I'm Anne and it's apparent that I'm a Filipina *as you can see the flag below my username ~lol*. This basketball fandom has just started recently, as the idea of watching 29th William Jones Cup came into my mind and boom! That's where I started watching, supporting and following the performances of our beloved RP-Team everytime they participate in some international games. I'm having a great time exploring the site and hope to know more about my fellow posters and of course, the nature of basketball. ;p

crouchingtiger
08-03-2007, 01:19 PM

Anyways, I'm Anne and it's apparent that I'm a Filipina *as you can see the flag below my username ~lol*. This basketball fandom has just started recently, as the idea of watching 29th William Jones Cup came into my mind and boom! That's where I started watching, supporting and following the performances of our beloved RP-Team everytime they participate in some international games. I'm having a great time exploring the site and hope to know more about my fellow posters and of course, the nature of basketball. ;p
I've seen some really pertty half-bred filipina....they are exotic.

rycorpz
08-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Goodness I've forgot to introduce myself also

Name: Ryan Corpuz
Birthday: Feb. 26, 1981
Place of Birth: quezon city
Height: 5'9"
College: AMA Computer College ( East Rizal ) = BS Computer Engineering
Ateneo de Zamboanga University = BS Business Management
Favorite BBall Players: PBA Alvin Patrimonio, Asi Taulava
NBA Michael Jordan, Shaquile O'neal

I was a varsity basketball and volleyball player back in highschool ( I can vertically jump at the tip of the rim, but now I can only tap the board vertically). When I was in college my sports career was over an Endicronologist told me I have a lifetime illness (diabetes type 2) from a 220 lb. bulky strong guy down to 170 lb 4-eyed geek IT/systems specialist. The first time I saw our RP team way back then ( i was only 5 years old watching on TV)at the 1986 Asian games were they placed 3rd up to now from 1990 Silver winning squad up to that Busan Heartache then the latest Tokushima nightmare. Its an obssesion and dream of mine to see our RP team against the Best of the world especially US (NBA laden team).

saints13
08-03-2007, 07:26 PM
I've seen some really pertty half-bred filipina....they are exotic.

how about the native ones? :) they are more exotic than the half-bred..how will you call them, megaexotic? :D

thugpinoy
08-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Goodness I've forgot to introduce myself also

Name: Ryan Corpuz
Birthday: Feb. 26, 1981
Place of Birth: quezon city
Height: 5'9"
College: AMA Computer College ( East Rizal ) = BS Computer Engineering
Ateneo de Zamboanga University = BS Business Management
Favorite BBall Players: PBA Alvin Patrimonio, Asi Taulava
NBA Michael Jordan, Shaquile O'neal

I was a varsity basketball and volleyball player back in highschool ( I can vertically jump at the tip of the rim, but now I can only tap the board vertically). When I was in college my sports career was over an Endicronologist told me I have a lifetime illness (diabetes type 2) from a 220 lb. bulky strong guy down to 170 lb 4-eyed geek IT/systems specialist. The first time I saw our RP team way back then ( i was only 5 years old watching on TV)at the 1986 Asian games were they placed 3rd up to now from 1990 Silver winning squad up to that Busan Heartache then the latest Tokushima nightmare. Its an obssesion and dream of mine to see our RP team against the Best of the world especially US (NBA laden team).

Ooops, me too..

Name : Juan Carlos Roldan aka JC
Birthday : December 24, 1981
Place of Birth : Manila
Schools :
Elementary : San Beda College
High School : San Beda College
College : Far Eastern University
Height : 5'11
Favorite Players : childhood idol -> Ralph Emerson Rivera, Boybits Victoria ( idol ng lahat ng bedista dati ) Carmelo Anthony ( NBA ) Arwind Santos, Mark Isip, Denok Miranda, Ogie Avenido, Cel Cruz ( College Friends )

Started playing basketball at the age of 5 together with my kuya ( Miko Roldan, who played for San Beda High School, FEU during College, and Kendi Mint in the PBL ), same with my brother, we played together for San Beda in SBP ( Small Basketeers of the Philippines ) and as a San Beda Red Cubs Junior Team ( i only played 2 years ) under coach Ato Badolato and Nic Jorge, playing with other Kids from Claret, Don Bosco, Ateneo, La Salle-Zobel, NCAA Junior Teams, etc.
but forced to stop playing competitively after an injury. during high school, while playing " limahan " with my teammates, classmates ( namely Mark Jomalesa, who played for UP, Mike Bravo, who played for UP also ) and it was during that game, i dislocated my elbow and after that my parents advise me to stop playing and concentrate on my studies. that ended my short basketball career if you may call that.
Seeing The Philippines playing for World Cups or Olympics in Basketball or in Football is my childhood dream. hopefully i'll be able to watch the Philippines playing in the World Cup before i become ash.

08-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey all

joel23
08-04-2007, 01:22 PM
pare...6th pala tayo...(wikipedia)
1 India...........350,000,000:eek:
2 USA............251,000,000
3 China..........200,000,000:eek:
4 Nigeria.........79,000,000
5 UK..............59,000,000
6 RP...............46,000,000

Nakss!!!

46,000,000 Filipino english speakers out of 46,000,000 Filipino people = 100%

Hey UK is english language founder

Onizuka01
08-04-2007, 01:36 PM
46,000,000 Filipino english speakers out of 46,000,000 Filipino people = 100%

Hey UK is english language founder

It has to be 80 to 90 million by now.

joel23
08-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Last in the past not now

protossdomain
08-04-2007, 03:17 PM

A rose among the thorns... How are you doin'? >_<

protossdomain
08-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Last in the past not now

That was a good movie, Blast in the Past. >_<

rikhardur
08-04-2007, 03:20 PM
On topic guys, please ;)

Project_Olympics
08-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Username: Project_Olympics

this is me, Project888, gotta change my username! it's already a waste!!!

THANKS SAINTS13 FOR THE PIC.!!! LUV IT!!!

ctongco
08-04-2007, 04:42 PM

It's good to have females here. Welcome to Interbasket. :)

saints13
08-04-2007, 08:46 PM
once again, I'd like to introduce my friend Acid_Taulava, he's the forum member with the Sweden flag on the Philippine Forums.. :)

Moderators might think that its me, because sometimes we use the same IP ad..lolz

javasandreen
08-04-2007, 11:42 PM
A rose among the thorns... How are you doin'? >_<

Yes I am ~lol. I'm doing fine though I have a hectic sked this week since it's our exam week yet here I am, surfing for some stuff I should set aside for the mean time ~lol.

javasandreen
08-04-2007, 11:44 PM
It's good to have females here. Welcome to Interbasket. :)
Thank you for the welcome. I'm having a great time posting and exploring the site :)

budz17
08-05-2007, 01:36 AM
welcome javasandreen:D

javasandreen
08-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Thank you budz17 for the welcome :)

budz17
08-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Yes I am ~lol. I'm doing fine though I have a hectic sked this week since it's our exam week yet here I am, surfing for some stuff I should set aside for the mean time ~lol.
its good to be a basketball fan, but its better if you graduate from school. go study, heheh, just kidding:D

protossdomain
08-05-2007, 03:47 AM
protossdomain-#34

Position: PF/C
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 180 Ibs.
High School: University of the Assumption
College: Angeles University "05

I Piperon Raptors
Games - 4
6.1 ppg
3.8 rpg
1.1 bpg
2 apg

III Thesalonians Timberwolves
Games - 8

4.2 ppg
5 rpg
0.8 bpg
1.2 apg

BSIT Wizards

Games - 4

2.6 ppg
6.4 rpg
1 bpg
2.5 apg

Career Highs

16 points (1 on 1 vs my cousin)
12 rebounds (Kasama ba yung tapik?)
6 blocks (BSIT-I vs Grade school varsity <-- malakas sila 4 point margin lang)

Lessons learned:

Nakabox-out naman yung bantay ko pero nung rebound opportunity na, hinablot niya lang sa ere yung bola sa likuran ko sabay tap-board ng dalawang kamay, not once, but twice!

Di ko ma-explain yung feeling... Nakakapanliit na nakakahiyang ewan. Kulang kasi ako sa gulang noon.

Trans: Learn rebounding from your parents. >_<

Once called for a total of 6 travelling violations in a game. Dulas kasi ng flooring, nakalimutan lagyan ng Sprite!

Trans: Don't forget your Sprite before a game.

Habang naglolow-post yung bantay ko eh sinisiko ako, eh masakit, gumanti ako ng mga suntok sa katawan, magagaan lang naman pero nauwi din sa away, yun! Pumasok ako sa skul na may tama sa kaliwang mata!

Trans: Don't forget to wear gloves in a boxing match. >_<

jovani_pineda
08-05-2007, 07:52 AM
yeah, it's good to have a "haruko" in this forum! nyahahaha...i thought this forum is only for boys because it's basketball. anyways..enjoy.

YinkaDare
08-05-2007, 02:52 PM
yeah, it's good to have a "haruko" in this forum! nyahahaha...i thought this forum is only for boys because it's basketball. anyways..enjoy.

No MAn!! She's "AYAKO"....:D

Maybe She is a Varsity Player for Women in her university or College:D

ctongco
08-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Thank you for the welcome. I'm having a great time posting and exploring the site :)

You are becoming popular with recent posts. :D

crouchingtiger
08-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Testosterone surge detected! :D

thugpinoy
08-05-2007, 08:45 PM

btw man.. Yinka Dare is a record holder in the NBA.
He still holds the NBA record for most consecutive minutes played without an assist.

In the NBA, Dare played 110 games in four seasons with the Nets; in his rookie campaign, Dare played for three minutes (thereby earning over $300,000 per minute and the nickname "The Three-Minute Egg") before getting injured (torn ACL) and missing the rest of the season. The Nets left him unprotected during the 1995 expansion draft, but he was not selected by either the Toronto Raptors or the Vancouver Grizzlies. In his first full season (1995-96), in which he played a personal best 58 out of 82 games, he turned the ball over 72 times while registering no assists [2]. He still holds the NBA record for most consecutive minutes played without an assist. During his four-year career, he would rack up a grand total of four assists accompanied by 96 turnovers, creating one of the worst assists-to-turnover ratios of all time. For his career, he averaged only 2.1 points, 2.6 rebounds, and less than 0.1 assists per game.

By midway through his third season in 1996-97, the search for Dare's first assist had taken on a life of its own. Several times, Nets fans booed when players missed shots that would have earned Dare his first dime. In January, Khalid Reeves missed an open three-pointe.

A few nights later, Dare ended 77 games and 770 minutes of frustration when he finally got his first assist. Teammate Jayson Williams laughed that Yinka was so happy about his assist that he "came in after the game and started passing out the towels."

Because of his underwhelming performance and distinct name, Dare was subject to frequent ridicule from fans and players. He was commonly referred to (even by his own teammate Kenny Anderson) as "Stinka" Dare or as the "Black Hole", due to the joke that the ball, once in his hands, "disappeared" after one of his frequent turnovers. One writer also said that "Dare" was Nigerian for "comes to NBA without game."

Almost tragicomic was the fact that in spite of his ineptitude, he straight-facedly compared his game to NBA legends like Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing and Shaquille O'Neal at his post-draft press conference, stating that "For instance, Shaq is explosive around the basket, and I am, too", and that "If I play my best, I'll be better than some of the best big men who ever played. I'm going to be an All-Star. In a couple of years I can be an All-Star and play with the best centers in the NBA. The teams that didn't draft me made a mistake." Then he labeled himself "a great defensive center. A great offensive center. An ideal center." Finally he said: "I have high expectations for myself. I'm confident and self-motivated. I've been on my own for a couple of years now and I've come a long way. I plan to play a long time in this league and to do as much as I can for the Nets."

At the end of his third season, his agent, Brad Marshall burst into a postgame press conference and began yelling at Nets coach John Calipari: "Why isn't Yinka Dare playing? It seems to me he deserves to play. He did everything he was asked and still isn't getting an opportunity. Enough is enough. Trade him, waive him, or play him." Calipari chuckled, and replied: "Oh, that will get him playing time," and traded him to the Orlando Magic in 1998, where he was immediately cut and retired soon after.

He played intermittently in other leagues including the Continental Basketball Association and United States Basketball League until 2003.

After his playing career
Dare died in 2004 after collapsing in his home in New Jersey. A medical examiner determined that Dare had a heart attack due to an arrhythmia condition discovered when he was in college.

YinkaDare
08-05-2007, 09:15 PM
btw man.. Yinka Dare is a record holder in the NBA.
He still holds the NBA record for most consecutive minutes played without an assist.

In the NBA, Dare played 110 games in four seasons with the Nets; in his rookie campaign, Dare played for three minutes (thereby earning over $300,000 per minute and the nickname "The Three-Minute Egg") before getting injured (torn ACL) and missing the rest of the season. The Nets left him unprotected during the 1995 expansion draft, but he was not selected by either the Toronto Raptors or the Vancouver Grizzlies. In his first full season (1995-96), in which he played a personal best 58 out of 82 games, he turned the ball over 72 times while registering no assists [2]. He still holds the NBA record for most consecutive minutes played without an assist. During his four-year career, he would rack up a grand total of four assists accompanied by 96 turnovers, creating one of the worst assists-to-turnover ratios of all time. For his career, he averaged only 2.1 points, 2.6 rebounds, and less than 0.1 assists per game.

By midway through his third season in 1996-97, the search for Dare's first assist had taken on a life of its own. Several times, Nets fans booed when players missed shots that would have earned Dare his first dime. In January, Khalid Reeves missed an open three-pointe.

A few nights later, Dare ended 77 games and 770 minutes of frustration when he finally got his first assist. Teammate Jayson Williams laughed that Yinka was so happy about his assist that he "came in after the game and started passing out the towels."

Because of his underwhelming performance and distinct name, Dare was subject to frequent ridicule from fans and players. He was commonly referred to (even by his own teammate Kenny Anderson) as "Stinka" Dare or as the "Black Hole", due to the joke that the ball, once in his hands, "disappeared" after one of his frequent turnovers. One writer also said that "Dare" was Nigerian for "comes to NBA without game."

Almost tragicomic was the fact that in spite of his ineptitude, he straight-facedly compared his game to NBA legends like Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing and Shaquille O'Neal at his post-draft press conference, stating that "For instance, Shaq is explosive around the basket, and I am, too", and that "If I play my best, I'll be better than some of the best big men who ever played. I'm going to be an All-Star. In a couple of years I can be an All-Star and play with the best centers in the NBA. The teams that didn't draft me made a mistake." Then he labeled himself "a great defensive center. A great offensive center. An ideal center." Finally he said: "I have high expectations for myself. I'm confident and self-motivated. I've been on my own for a couple of years now and I've come a long way. I plan to play a long time in this league and to do as much as I can for the Nets."

At the end of his third season, his agent, Brad Marshall burst into a postgame press conference and began yelling at Nets coach John Calipari: "Why isn't Yinka Dare playing? It seems to me he deserves to play. He did everything he was asked and still isn't getting an opportunity. Enough is enough. Trade him, waive him, or play him." Calipari chuckled, and replied: "Oh, that will get him playing time," and traded him to the Orlando Magic in 1998, where he was immediately cut and retired soon after.

He played intermittently in other leagues including the Continental Basketball Association and United States Basketball League until 2003.

After his playing career
Dare died in 2004 after collapsing in his home in New Jersey. A medical examiner determined that Dare had a heart attack due to an arrhythmia condition discovered when he was in college.

LOLZZ!! RIP yinka Dare...

saints13
08-06-2007, 04:09 AM
THANKS SAINTS13 FOR THE PIC.!!! LUV IT!!!

no problem bro, anytime :D

bolabasket
08-06-2007, 08:08 AM

how about SADAKO? Hehehe.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/sadakocopy.gif
Welcome javasandreen!

Fil-Aus Boy
08-06-2007, 08:46 AM
how about SADAKO? Hehehe.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x287/GearX_2007/sadakocopy.gif
Welcome javasandreen!

Can i buy you a drink, Ms Javasandreen....

javasandreen
08-06-2007, 11:46 AM
jovani_pineda - Hello there and thank you so much for the welcome. Yeah I know. It's somehow a different environment for me since most of the time, I'm interacting with the opposite sex but nevertheless it's still fun because I have the opportunity to learn the nature of basketball which of course comes from a man's viewpoint :)

Yinka Dare - Ermz, as much as I want to but... my body doesn't justify a cager's bodybuilt. I'm already satisfied watching my favorite team playing on TV with a popcorn on hand ~lol.

ctongco - really eh? ~lol. It's just nice interacting with you guys :)

bolabasket - Thanks for the welcome :)

Fil-Aus... - Hello there! I've just eaten my dinner so thanks but no thanks ~ lol. But still, thank you for acknowledging my presence :)

pinoy pac fan
08-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Welcome aboard to our forum, Ms. Anne. :)

Its nice to have a girl around here, especially a girl who seems to actually love basketball as a sport, and not be just a girl who follows basketball because she's in love with her favorite "pogi" basketball player.

That gives you 10,000 ganda points in my eyes, ms. javasandreen. ;)

rikhardur
08-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I once again remind this thread's title: Philippines Introduction Thread. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

YinkaDare
08-06-2007, 05:48 PM
I once again remind this thread's title: Philippines Introduction Thread. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Sorry Mister rikhadur...We just Got carried away..:) :) :D :D

javasandreen
08-08-2007, 02:17 AM
pinoy_pac_fan - Wow, I'm just overwhelmed with the responses that I receive. Thank you for the welcome and for acknowledging my presence. I've already loved basketball and watching my favorite team playing on TV is my breather after a day's school work ~lol. Really eh? a ten thousand ganda points awarded to me? Maraming salamat! :)

SkyWalker
08-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Benz Maxwell is the name. Kinda new here. just kiddin. Im one of the old timers here like mr.phantim, the13throck, jrboyd, ctongco etc. but it feels great to have pinoys in this forum, coz pinoys can transform this forum into a warzone. hahaha. Im also a forumer in pba.ph forum. anway, hope to meet more friends here. :)

justAfan
08-13-2007, 07:10 AM
I found this site while trying to search my blog in the net.. well, my blog was in the #th page of the search..

Name: Joel Castillo
College: University of the Philippines, Diliman Q.C.
I was an under-graduate of B.S.C.E.
Work: Marketing Manager (Lodelight Electrical Supply)

Favorite Teams: San Miguel (PBA)
Harbour Centre (PBL)
U.P. (UAAP)
San Beda (NCAA)
NJ NEts (NBA)

Favorite Players: Danny Seigle and Kelly Williams (PBA)
Jason Castro (PBL)
Pong Escobal (NCAA)
Jason Kidd and Yao Ming (NBA)

I like Yao, because he's an Asian, and he has a great work ethic. He should be an inspiration for the aspiring Asian Ballers to make it to the NBA.

I hope one day, I would see a Filipino baller in the NBA, I hope that's soon..

Mabuhay ang Team Pilipinas.... Astig!

sickcurtain_16
08-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Welcome aboard just a fan. Wait, you're real name is joel? aren't you... ooops.

Guys, let's make this thread clear so that we can easily have an access with the profiles of our filipino forumers and we'll not get messed up dwelling into lot of spam posts. hehehehe.

We are getting quite some attentions from our international moderators so maybe, we can help them out on minimizing their job here in our forum. Honestly, as a moderator, I don't have the luxury of time of logging in everyday. So let's all be more responsible now guys. Thanks and welcome again to all. ;)

THE11thROCKô
08-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Benz Maxwell is the name. Kinda new here. just kiddin. Im one of the old timers here like mr.phantim, the13throck, jrboyd, ctongco etc. but it feels great to have pinoys in this forum, coz pinoys can transform this forum into a warzone. hahaha. Im also a forumer in pba.ph forum. anway, hope to meet more friends here. :)

Clarifications my good friend skywalker.. it's THE11thROCKô. Number 13 makes my name sound like a horror flick. :D. Cheers!

SkyWalker
08-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Clarifications my good friend skywalker.. it's THE11thROCKô. Number 13 makes my name sound like a horror flick. :D. Cheers!

oooppps my bad man! hahaha..:) anyway, thanks for the acknowledgment man!

darkwind
08-20-2007, 07:22 PM
English please (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=3801)

JET007
08-31-2007, 06:49 AM
welcome darkwind...:D

bubbachuck3
09-05-2007, 04:06 AM
hi guys! newbie here.

heres something about myself..
occupation: web designer/ graphic artist & i also organize events on the side
hobbies: i play basketball, surf the net, music, multimedia and arts

favorite team:
(pba) barangay ginebra
(nba) denver nuggets, miami heat, phoenix suns
favorite players:
(pba) helterbrand, caguioa, alapag, cortez
(nba) mj, ai, hill, penny, wade, nash, rip

bolabasket
09-05-2007, 07:27 AM
welcome bubbachuck3....

ankle breaker
09-12-2007, 03:00 PM
hi guys,

im ankle breaker and i love it. i've been reading the interbasket forums for quite some time now but i just signed up a couple of days ago since i was enticed to join. nevertheless, i am not disappionted nor agitated in joining the club. i an avid sportsfan in various sports discipline. i was into baseball, basketball and athelitics (shutput, discuss throw, javelin, long/high jump, 100,200, 400 and 1000 meter dash, relay and steeplechase) during the elementary days, then played volleyball, lawn and table tennis, badminton, football and basketball during high school years. when i reach college, i concentrated on volleyball, football and basketball where i always play for inter department games and intramurals. in volleyball, i am a setter. in football, i am a striker because i can kick as hard as i can that's why im called the ankle breaker. in basketball, i am comfortable playing 1 and 2. i love doing the crossovers and penetrate to the hoops just like allen iverson.
right now, i am contented playing in inter company volleyball, football and basketball tournaments to keep myself in shape. You know, as we are getting older we need to watch our health.

ripcity
09-24-2007, 05:52 AM
hi

my names pj and im from australia...full blooded Filipino was born in Australia
6'1 pg love basketball and grown to like pba ive only watched 2 games and that was talk n text vs cocal cola and two other teams i couldnt remmber i watched them like 2 years ago

jus recently joined this forum

cya :)

bolabasket
09-25-2007, 02:04 AM
rip-it-down pj.....welcome to Interbasket

ripcity
09-25-2007, 07:22 AM
thanks bolabasket congrats on your 1000 post =]

pinoy pac fan
09-26-2007, 01:05 PM
welcome aboard, ripcity. ano balita? :)

nice to be back here. it's been a slow couple of months, RP TEAM news-wise.

dreamwalker
09-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Greetings everyone, never really looked into this introduction thread, I just found out that you need to tell something about yourself.:o It's been quite awhile now since I started my first and only thread, I never realize that I am one of the senior citizens (members) now, I must be getting old.:D

Name is Hans, I'm of filipino-irish-canadian descent 25 years of age, raised in the Philippines for 13 wonderful years. I love everything filipino, the culture, its old values and customs, its exotic cuisine, I like chicken-pork adobo, karekare (beef stew), lechon (roast pig) pulutan (hors d'ouvre) to go with an an iced-cold san miguel beer, rellenong manok, imagine a whole chicken, deboned and stuffed with a mixture of ground chicken, pork and ham, plus whole sausages and hard-boiled eggs, so that when it is sliced and served, the dish looks good as it tastes...hummm yum-yummmm and of course that exotic embryonic duckling (balut).

My mom hails from Fuente Osmena, Cebu City, but I grew up as an Ilocano, stayed for a decade in Baguio City. Learned the complicated art of basketball:D , but never had that talent to wield it to perfection, ended up as a basketball enthusiast, what can I say I am filipino by heart and soul.

Oh well, thanks for your time, have a pleasant day everyone, be safe and be well....Salam Alaikum !, God bless.....

p. s. believe it or not I am not Borat....hehehe

Project_Olympics
10-31-2007, 03:43 AM
Wow Rp Fans!!
This "philippine Basketball" Forum Has The Most Topics!! Here In Interbasket!!
And 2nd To The Most Views!

Congratulations!!

asapa11
10-31-2007, 03:20 PM
hello guys, asapa11 here

ive been a member of this forum since may 2005. i might have been here a little longer cause i remember the site having to reconstruct and lose our membership and we'd reapply again. i remember having months of idle time here in the Philippine threAD every after international tournament hype is done. but this time around its different. it seems that every one is still into international basketball even if our stint is taking a break right now. more and more pinoy fans are becoming aware and interested in international success. i guess this is a good thing..

anyways, i have a problem coz, i just recently moved hereto california. i am certainly going tomiss the philippines. i'll miss of course basketball in the philippines. the PBA, UAAP, NCAA, PBL and the likes. i would to ask help from you guys is there anyway for me to watch all these games here in california??? i really would like to be updated with the PBA is there a way for me to watch the pba here. i left with the pba's latest season being just a week old. so i missed some of the games. i want to know how the new commers are doing, and if theyd be good enough to be in out NT. how is devance? is he still injured? how about eman samigue, do you guys think he could play for our NT and add ceilling? how about the new breed of point guards? could we find an alapag protege yet? anyways the last few games i heard about, was that james yap is dominating the game.

ayt! hope to hear from you guys soon! thanks!!!

i am also looking forward to hearing from Philippine Basketball fans here in the US and California!

thanks!!! :) keep it up guys!

JET007
11-01-2007, 03:27 AM
seeing new people now...welcome mga kapatid!:)
I havent been posting for a while now...hehehe :D
nothing really going on in the RP team news kasi...

gambitx
11-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi every one!!! Gambitx here... I'm 24, and i'm nothing but a great basketball lover....:cool:

nandys02
11-26-2007, 01:22 AM
Hi! Nandy here! A great fan of Vergel Meneses. wish he can still play.
Thanks

Onizuka01
12-04-2007, 11:18 AM
welcome folks :) hope to interact with u all new comers in any thread ;)

dreamwalker
01-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Finally, I am back from a very short vacation from the Philippines. So what's going on the Philippine basketball scene ?:)

donmar
01-22-2008, 06:19 AM
hello guys, asapa11 here

ive been a member of this forum since may 2005. i might have been here a little longer cause i remember the site having to reconstruct and lose our membership and we'd reapply again. i remember having months of idle time here in the Philippine threAD every after international tournament hype is done. but this time around its different. it seems that every one is still into international basketball even if our stint is taking a break right now. more and more pinoy fans are becoming aware and interested in international success. i guess this is a good thing..

anyways, i have a problem coz, i just recently moved hereto california. i am certainly going tomiss the philippines. i'll miss of course basketball in the philippines. the PBA, UAAP, NCAA, PBL and the likes. i would to ask help from you guys is there anyway for me to watch all these games here in california??? i really would like to be updated with the PBA is there a way for me to watch the pba here. i left with the pba's latest season being just a week old. so i missed some of the games. i want to know how the new commers are doing, and if theyd be good enough to be in out NT. how is devance? is he still injured? how about eman samigue, do you guys think he could play for our NT and add ceilling? how about the new breed of point guards? could we find an alapag protege yet? anyways the last few games i heard about, was that james yap is dominating the game.

ayt! hope to hear from you guys soon! thanks!!!

i am also looking forward to hearing from Philippine Basketball fans here in the US and California!

thanks!!! :) keep it up guys!

I don't have answer for that... but you're certainly lucky to be there.... cos the PBA Legends are scheduled to play there (California) this coming March...

djauer
03-19-2008, 10:32 AM
you might be able to get it with Sattelite if your lucky. We have TFC down here in Australia.. not sure if it has any though, but their has to be one especially with the amount of Filipino's in the Bay area and US.

About me... well, i've read the forums for quite some time.. Never bothered to join up and get interactive until now.

Filipino, living in Australia, Heart in the Philippines. We came to Australia before i was born, so i was born in Australia, grew up inbetween Australia and the Philippines. Marinduque, Muntinlupa and Cebu are my second homes.. I don't claim to be any good at bball, probally because im not any good by any standards. But im a hardcore supporter of all things related, especially when it comes to PBA and the Philippines.

I DJ a lot, hence the name. Seems thats all i got going for now, great for partying and meeting the girls tho. lol