PDA

View Full Version : Young Filipino talent

playmaker
03-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Hello guys do u know there's teenage giant from the Philippines now? He's only 18 and stands 7-2 tall and weigh about 250 lbs. He's quite a sensation because hes got talent and strength to be a dominant center of asia (beware Yao Ming!) He plays like tim duncan for the offense, and alonzo mourning for the defense, what an awesome player indeed!!!

asapa11
03-22-2007, 05:39 PM
is this true? i never heard of him. where did you get this information?

alermac
03-22-2007, 08:49 PM
7'2''? from Philippines? Is he a mutant of what?

rikhardur
03-22-2007, 09:18 PM
What's his name?

drew
03-23-2007, 01:03 AM
is he pure filipino?

Phantim3dx
03-23-2007, 02:50 AM
stop spamming useless statements unless u have the facts first

onono1
03-23-2007, 07:40 AM
I know i gonna receive awed reaction from non-believers and curious guys. Definitely this is not a fiction nor facts. His name is rafael from surigao. I heard this guy before 2 yrs ago he was 6-9 already then. Even the late senator from surigao senator robert barbers mentioned him in the newspaper and that was the year 2003, two years before he died.

playmaker
03-23-2007, 07:53 AM
I know i gonna receive awed reaction from non-believers and curious guys. Definitely this is not a fiction nor facts. His name is rafael from surigao. I heard this guy before 2 yrs ago he was 6-9 already then. Even the late senator from surigao senator robert barbers mentioned him in the newspaper and that was the year 2003, two years before he died.
Well u hve taken me for a ride pal i posted ur information w/c i got from yahoo messenger chatroom with u! Is it true??? Is he a fil-am or pure pinoy. Wats his complete name?

- Quoting yourself and then asking questions again to yourself is very interesting, onono1 (i.e. playmaker & bench2007) - sariss

Jomar09
03-23-2007, 11:25 AM

Well u hve taken me for a ride pal i posted ur information w/c i got from yahoo messenger chatroom with u! Is it true??? Is he a fil-am or pure pinoy. Wats his complete name?

Pare, totoo ba yan??? Info naman para matulungan natin para makilala

asapa11
03-23-2007, 11:36 AM
i hope its true, although i really doubt his abilities, it may somewhat be exaggerated, since he may be playing with a bunch of little amatuers. but hopefully even if it is not true i hope that it is somewhere close in terms of PBA level.

kerouac82
03-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Hello guys do u know there's teenage giant from the Philippines now? He's only 18 and stands 7-2 tall and weigh about 250 lbs. He's quite a sensation because hes got talent and strength to be a dominant center of asia (beware Yao Ming!) He plays like tim duncan for the offense, and alonzo mourning for the defense, what an awesome player indeed!!!

Baka kamag-anak ni Samigue Eman. Hehe.

But in case this is all true, I do hope the BAP-SBP leadership finds him, and fast. We can use a homegrown 7-footer in the future.

bench2007
03-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi, im a newcomer here, dis is my 1st post reply. Eto bang sinasabi ninyo na 7 footer from surigao ay ito ring nabangit noon ng dating sen. robert barbers na anak daw ng PBA import dati. Pero matagal na po ito meron pa MBA noon at kasasali lang ng Surigao Miners sa MBA dat tym. Taga surigao rin ako pero almost 10 yrs na ako di nakakauwi sa amin. Binalita na rin ito ng relative ko about dis 7 footer, last month nasa surigao sya at doon nagpasikat si Ralph Navales Taylor, 7 foot flat at 23 yrs old who now resides in state of Hawaii.

karim
03-23-2007, 05:38 PM
a 7'2'' philipino ? a philipino probably nailed a giraffe.........just kidding philipinos :p

SkyWalker
03-23-2007, 05:50 PM
its fun to see some posters reaction. Its like they've discovered the holy grail. I think, this is a classified information from the CIA guys.:D

eitra
03-23-2007, 06:12 PM
KARIM your Lebanon team are smell onions....Beware rp team....

Grr_tiger
03-23-2007, 06:46 PM
KARIM your Lebanon team are smell onions....Beware rp team....

oh shut up. nakakahiya ka.

Jomar09
03-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Hi, im a newcomer here, dis is my 1st post reply. Eto bang sinasabi ninyo na 7 footer from surigao ay ito ring nabangit noon ng dating sen. robert barbers na anak daw ng PBA import dati. Pero matagal na po ito meron pa MBA noon at kasasali lang ng Surigao Miners sa MBA dat tym. Taga surigao rin ako pero almost 10 yrs na ako di nakakauwi sa amin. Binalita na rin ito ng relative ko about dis 7 footer, last month nasa surigao sya at doon nagpasikat si Ralph Navales Taylor, 7 foot flat at 23 yrs old who now resides in state of Hawaii.

Pare, may dugong pilipino ba s'ya??? kung totoo man, pwede ba sya maglaro para sa RP team

eitra
03-24-2007, 03:44 AM
oh shut up. nakakahiya ka.
you shut up not me Ive been playing with lebanese ballers here in Lebanon..so Im just telling the truth...Is KARIM your friend?

SkyWalker
03-24-2007, 05:38 AM
7'2''? from Philippines? Is he a mutant of what?

stop being rascist, rascist!

onono1
03-24-2007, 01:04 PM
a 7'2'' philipino ? a philipino probably nailed a giraffe.........just kidding philipinos

hey karim are u a pure lebanese or with filipino descent. At least a few filipinos can reach the ceiling of 7 ft. tall. How about the lebanese, tell me if u got native of lebanon who has reached the height of 7 ft in this generation now.

Phantim3dx
03-24-2007, 02:40 PM
onono you are an idiot from one member to another. how ignorant question is that. i personally dont know or not, but middle easterners tend to be in general taller than filipinos. they are in the middle east which is different than east or southeast asians.

asapa11
03-24-2007, 03:53 PM
haha karim, and what have your Lebanese players' parents been screwing?

onono1
03-25-2007, 02:54 AM
onono you are an idiot from one member to another. how ignorant question is that. i personally dont know or not, but middle easterners tend to be in general taller than filipinos. they are in the middle east which is different than east or southeast asians.

I know what im talking about u ------- phantim3dx, (i know u are that one) lebanese people are tend to be taller than the rest of southeast asian people, but do u know someone in lebanon in this generation who reached 7 feet and above??? -----

Czarkazem13
03-25-2007, 05:51 PM
------
Uh, is that Latin...?

drew
03-26-2007, 01:04 AM
karim look what you've done!

jramoyo
03-26-2007, 02:13 AM
man, there was a time when interbasket was decent, informative forum... what the hell happened here?

onono1
03-26-2007, 05:29 AM
[QUOTE=jramoyo]

Forget about that man, im also a fighter when someone from foreign countries start insulting filipinos and the rest of our country, im becoming one of them too as well being arrogant and unrespectful to others!

SkyWalker
03-26-2007, 07:47 AM
^^

no man, eversince you came, all hell broke out. in fairness to karim, we forumers know that he's been in a shock eversince Phils. kicked his Lebanese team's ass. he never stopped visiting the RP forum, terrorizing everyone.:D

kerouac82
03-26-2007, 07:48 AM

Lemme guess. A Fil-Am?

He's 23. Past college age. If he was really that good, we would've heard of him earlier. He could have even been playing in an NCAA Division I roster.

onono1
03-26-2007, 09:08 AM
^^
no man, eversince you came, all hell broke out. in fairness to karim, we forumers know that he's been in a shock eversince Phils. kicked his Lebanese team's ass. he never stopped visiting the RP forum, terrorizing everyone.

I don't know i would be flattered or not mr. skywalker, it seems to be i gave life in this forum when i came here, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Thanks and no thanks. Im here to provide opinions and informations not to make enemies or to gain friends either. Heheheheh.

onono1
03-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Quoting yourself and then asking questions again to yourself is very interesting, onono1 (i.e. playmaker & bench2007) - sariss

Because we are customers in the same internet cafe in manila, we know each other well, although we are not good friends at all.

onono1
03-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Quoting yourself and then asking questions again to yourself is very interesting, onono1 (i.e. playmaker & bench2007) - sariss

U must be referring to benchguy07 not bench2007, who hails from bicol.

kerouac82
03-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Mga Kababayan / Friends from other countries,

I seriously think the bashing has to stop. We are all mature people here, and we wouldn't want to go to war over a game.

Kababayans -- Let's keep our cool, OK? Kung sa tingin ninyo'y nakasasakit ang mga salita ng ibang tao sa forum na ito, huwag na tayong bumaba sa nibel nila. Hindi marangal ang maghiganti. Isama na lamang sa ating mga dalangin ang tagumpay ng ating koponan.

Friends -- My apologies on behalf of some forum members. It's just that like you, Filipinos are really passionate about their basketball, and sometimes the heckling just gets out of hand. But at the end of the day, it's the quality of the game that's paramount.

Peace.

kerouac82
03-27-2007, 05:22 AM
Teka. Putting two and two together:

The MBA folded up at least three years ago. The Surigao Miners were one of the first to leave the league. In this case, Ralph Navales Taylor was less than 20 years old when he played pro ball. I wonder why none of the Manila colleges scouted him out.

onono1
03-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Teka. Putting two and two together:

Probably rafael was not that good then, if i may recall sen. barbers was quoted as saying his find is still raw to play big basketball like raul dillo. What i would like to know is why rafael navales is not getting media mileage or publicity when hes standing 7 ft tall and has the talent to make it big.:confused:

jvandread
03-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Probably rafael was not that good then, if i may recall sen. barbers was quoted as saying his find is still raw to play big basketball like raul dillo. What i would like to know is why rafael navales is not getting media mileage or publicity when hes standing 7 ft tall and has the talent to make it big.:confused:
maybe the BAP is hiding him from the SBP. bwahahhaah JOKE :D

kerouac82
03-28-2007, 05:59 AM
maybe the BAP is hiding him from the SBP. bwahahhaah JOKE :D
Bwahaha! Good one! :D

Phantim3dx
03-29-2007, 07:07 AM
man, there was a time when interbasket was decent, informative forum... what the hell happened here?

the forum is still descent and still thriving. it broke loose when onon1 came in and starts a rant. dont feed the troll.
2. i am fil am for any of you wondering, im not here to defend karim nor side with the other pinoys here; i just believe too much is prided with the natl team gotta get results first.
3. when u say a person is 7-2 and fromw ahetver contry it may be(this case being the philippines) it would be great and FACTUAL if people would actually post facts to it ratehr than blurt out something so incompetent that others become skeptical. i go here to get descent basketball info and discuss them, if i wanted a flame war i would have gone to asia basket and argued there which there is no point to it; since everyone there seems to be a cyber thug...onono1 probably comes 2nd in his badassness after past members in this thread.

onono1
03-29-2007, 09:07 AM
the forum is still descent and still thriving. it broke loose when onon1 came in and starts a rant. dont feed the troll.
2. i am fil am for any of you wondering, im not here to defend karim nor side with the other pinoys here; i just believe too much is prided with the natl team gotta get results first.
3. when u say a person is 7-2 and fromw ahetver contry it may be(this case being the philippines) it would be great and FACTUAL if people would actually post facts to it ratehr than blurt out something so incompetent that others become skeptical. i go here to get descent basketball info and discuss them, if i wanted a flame war i would have gone to asia basket and argued there which there is no point to it; since everyone there seems to be a cyber thug...onono1 probably comes 2nd in his badassness after past members in this thread.

Hahahahahah, thanks at all pink_phantim3dx. Yes i was too fast to post facts or information like a 7 footer guy that may not true at all, i got it from other persons too. Second by saying i come 2nd when it comes to "badassness" that's unfair for me :cool: I may be the baddest person now in this forum, hahahahhaahahahha :D . But exclusively only for u phantim3dx, u caught my attention that i reserve my being "baddest" only for u hyena, for u. To other forum members, lets have peace!

asapa11
04-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Harbour-RP routs Vietnam
http://www.philstar.com/philstar/NEWS200704151603.htm
By Nelson Beltran
The Philippine Star 04/15/2007

JAKARTA – Harbour Centre-Philippines scored a feel-good win over Vietnam Friday, regaining confidence and swagger in time for the finale of the 2007 SEABA Champions Cup here.

For the Nationals, Saturday’s final game won’t just be for all the marbles but a game for the ages.

That’s the Nationals’ attitude going into the title duel with SM Indonesia-Britama on its home turf at the Britama Arena. The winner would get the crown and the region’s lone slot in the Asian Champions Cup slated in Iran next month.

Coach Junel Baculi and his charges knew very well the importance of winning here with this tournament being the first international stint for a Philippine team since the country’s two-year suspension by the FIBA was lifted last February.

"Our countrymen back home need something to lift their spirits, take their minds off some of their worries. We can give them something if we win it all here," Baculi told his players.

"We can, and we will get the job done," he then told reporters.

Harbour Centre-Philippines served notice of its intentions by swamping Vietnam, 158-36, at the end of the single-round robin eliminations Friday.

The tournament’s most lopsided win, carved through career games of Ryan Arana and JC Intal, sent the Nationals into the finals against the hosts who clobbered Petronas-Malaysia, 95-76, in Friday’s other game.

Arana and Intal figured in a virtual shootout between themselves with the former scoring 38 points and the latter firing 37 in the rout Harbour Centre-RP fashioned out minus injured import Vidal Massiah and Julius Nwosu playing just a few minutes.

RP amateur basketball godfather Mikee Romero, PBL chairman Gil Angeles and a good number of Filipino expatriates witnessed the Nationals’ sterling show against Vietnam.

Romero and Angeles were confident the Nationals would go all the way to win the title although the odds were stacked on the hosts’ favor.

"Give them 40 minutes of hell," Romero told the Nationals on their rematch with the Indons.

The scores:

RP 158 – Arana 38, Intal 37, Rodriguez L. 16, Rodriguez E. 14, Belga 12, Castro 12, Fernandez 11, Magpayo 12, Cruz 4, Nwosu 2.

Vietnam 36 – Ngo 10, Ly 9, Dang 7, Nguyen NK 4, Pham VC 2, Nguyen QD 2, Do 0, Truong 0, Pham DL 0, Luong 0, Huynh 0.

Quarterscores: 34-11, 78-17, 121-23, 158-36