PDA

View Full Version : 2013 35th William R. Jones Cup [Taipei, Taiwan, July 6-14]

Pages : [1] 2

sinobball
02-18-2013, 07:14 AM
I have no information other than dates at this point. About 2-3 weeks before FIBA Asia.

rocketstar47
02-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Teams as of now that will join
Philippines-Defending Champions
Chinese Taipei

Khalid80
02-18-2013, 12:58 PM
I read this on Asia Basket last week...

Team USA to return to Jones Cup (2013)

Team USA has agreed to return to Taipei, Taiwan for the 35th Annual Williams Jones Cup. Team USA came just one point away from winning gold this summer losing to the Filipino National Team 76-75. This game was a battle from start to finish. Although Team USA led the game for 38 minutes the last two proved to be the most important.

"We had the game won and we dropped the ball", said coach McAvene. I give them alot of credit but we will win gold in 2013.

This was the first season that the Williams Jones Cup has allowed a USA National since 2004. The Americans carried themselves as great professionals even when many fans felt they were cheated verses Iran in their 7th game. "We can't control people", said McAvene. But we can control our emotions and character.

Team USA President and CEO of UPG Jerone Dodd issued a statement this morning concerning 2013. "Last year's trip to Taipei was so beneficial in terms of experience for the team and our company that we made sure to agree to a more long term commitment with the Chinese Taipei Basketball Association to not only bring the men's team, but also a women's team for the foreseeable future."

Details of the agreement were not disclosed.

Although we have no idea who will make the 14 man roster UPG has 4 returners. Co-Captains Marcus Melvin (203-F-82, college: N.Carolina St.) and Jermaine Barnes (194-G/F-82, agency: Gamble Sports Management, college: Point, GA) have already re-signed with the likes of Josh Powell (206-F-83, college: N.Carolina St.) and Curtis Marshall. Marcus Melvin and Jermaine Barnes were big in the first games for Team USA. Barnes set the tone for team USA in there opening game verses Taiwan scoring 17 points in only 17 minutes of action. He would later be sidelined with an ankle injury suffered in the 3rd game against Korea. Barnes would later return and play a key role in the championship game scoring its first 8 points and carrying the club through the first half. He was named Asia-Basket.com All-Jones Cup Honorable Mention for his efforts. Melvin was Team USAs MVP carrying the club on both ends. He was very key verse Iran scoring 21 points and pulling down 12 rebounds. Melvin also went down with a leg injury later that game which changed the chemistry of the Americans. Marshall and Melvin where both named to the 1st team of the Williams Jones Cup. Marshall played in all nine games and led the team in scoring with 14.8ppg on 51% shooting from the field.

Well with the excitement back in Taiwan for the Jones Cup everyone is asking the same question. Will Josh Powell and James Mays (206-F-86, college: Clemson) committing to the team? We shall see in the very near future. For more information on Team USA Basketball please visit www.teamusajonescup.com.

http://www.asia-basket.com/William-Jones-Cup/basketball.asp?NewsID=307431

CKR13
02-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Japan will participate as the tourney is marked in their 2013 FIBA Calendar.

rocketstar47
02-19-2013, 01:02 AM
i remember their 5"8 PG Curtis Justice if im not mistaken
what a highflying guard.

sinobball
05-19-2013, 02:16 AM
The current Chinese Taipei Basketball Association (CTBA) president/director is Ting Shou-chung who is also a politician (see here (http://www.ly.gov.tw/en/03_leg/legIntro.action?lgno=00001&stage=8) and here (http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/FIBA/fibaStru/nfLeag/nfProf.asp?nationalFederationNumber=370))

His personal position towards the Philippines (1:41 mark):
eZvC1HiVdSg

In this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2jmi2wtbtI), Taipei City legislator Chung Hsiao-ping holds a press conference with former basketball player/current legislator Cheng Chih-lung, calling on the suspension of all Taiwan-Filipino sports exchanges, specifically naming the Jones Cup. Cheng also added uncomplimentary comment about the sportsmanship of Filipino players.

1999 Jones Cup brawl remembered, with commentary by current CTBA vice-secretary Lee Yun-hsiang and Taiwan Beer coach Chou Cun-san. Basically listed all the dirty tricks they alleged Filipinos use, such as putting nails on guest teams benches...
MMNmVynpqKo

While on the subject, another provocative news program using Filipino basketball as the subject, including a few Jones Cup highlights. One of the quotes is pretty funny "They used to have a glorious history, but now they suck, so they only use elbows now."
b5Y4uiyCVok

This from 2011 Wuhan was also mentioned:
http://img6.cache.netease.com/sports/2011/9/23/20110923192736e0949.jpg

JAMSKIE
05-19-2013, 02:37 AM
The current Chinese Taipei Basketball Association (CTBA) president/director is Ting Shou-chung who is also a politician (see here (http://www.ly.gov.tw/en/03_leg/legIntro.action?lgno=00001&stage=8) and here (http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/FIBA/fibaStru/nfLeag/nfProf.asp?nationalFederationNumber=370))

His personal position towards the Philippines (1:41 mark):
eZvC1HiVdSg

In this video, Taipei City legislator Chung Hsiao-ping holds a press conference with former basketball player/current legislator Cheng Chih-lung, calling on the suspension of all Taiwan-Filipino sports exchanges, specifically naming the Jones Cup. Cheng also added uncomplimentary comment about the sportsmanship of Filipino players.
y2jmi2wtbtI

1999 Jones Cup brawl remembered, with commentary by current CTBA vice-secretary Lee Yun-hsiang and Taiwan Beer coach Chou Cun-san. Basically listed all the dirty tricks they alleged Filipinos use, such as putting nails on guest teams benches...
MMNmVynpqKo

While on the subject, another provocative news program using Filipino basketball as the subject, including a few Jones Cup highlights. One of the quotes is pretty funny "They used to have a glorious history, but now they suck, so they only use elbows now."
b5Y4uiyCVok

As if the Taiwanese are among the most decent sportsmen in the world. I wonder what the Taiwanese can say about some "spotty" officiating in the Jones Cup specially in games involving Taiwanese teams. That's the common complaint of teams participating in the Jones Cup.

kaiziken_pinas
05-19-2013, 02:38 AM
Whoah. I'm still at a loss for words due to their reaction. Wow.

If they cut all sports exchanges with us, does it mean that they won't join the FIBA-Asia?

"They used to have a glorious history, but now they suck, so they only use elbows now." -p*ssies.

Oh wait, if they say that we suck, well they suck more than us. They haven't beaten us in like, four years :|

Thanks for the post and translation sino :)

jolz
05-19-2013, 03:49 AM
Just stage a tuneup game against the Taiwanese. On neutral grounds of course. :)

sinobball
05-19-2013, 04:01 AM
I have to stand with Taiwan on the issue, but some Taiwanese TV programs are outrageously ridiculous, with sensationalism the only objective. This is one example. Using basketball manners to discuss politics is simple crazy (not to mention those ridiculous comments). In Mainland China stuff like this will be censored right away.

Other than occasional egg-throwing, flag-burning, cyberwar and stuff like that, possibly with immigrants moving to their home countries, the event will go away peacefully without any other actions. But I do think this event will have a significant impact in Asian politics in ways that may not be apparent at this point.

From a basketball standpoint, the CT-RP games, if they take place as scheduled, could very well result in brawls so careful measures need to be taken.

kaiziken_pinas
05-19-2013, 04:09 AM
I have to stand with Taiwan on the issue, but some Taiwanese TV programs are outrageously ridiculous, with sensationalism the only objective. This is one example. Using basketball manners to discuss politics is simple crazy (not to mention those ridiculous comments). In Mainland China stuff like this will be censored right away (actually now that I'm searching China doesn't seem to have any political talk shows, so I can't even find an anti-Filipino talk program even though public anti-Filipino sentiments are shared...)

Other than occasional egg-throwing, flag-burning, cyberwar and stuff like that, possibly with immigrants moving to their home countries, the event will go away peacefully without any other actions. But I do think this event will have a significant impact in Asian politics in ways that may not be apparent at this point.

From a basketball standpoint, the CT-RP games, if they take place as scheduled, could very well result in brawls so careful measures need to be taken.

With them instigating it.

Thing is, anti-Taiwanese sentiment is at a minimum in The Philippines, the issue isnt dominating airwaves. Most really don't care at all, however, the stand of many in the issue is aligned with the Philippine Coast Guard's testimony.

Sports and politics shouldn't mix, but these guys are just...plain idiotic.

TrueBluePinoy
05-19-2013, 05:09 AM
Taiwan media is a few notches bat-shit crazy than we have here on the islands. But in a basketball standpoint, the "dirty" stuff only happens on the court. But to extend it to the home crowd and the capability of the host country to provide a safe and fair environment for competition? Well, the Shanghai Sharks didn't actually went home getting lynched nor did they have nails sticking out of their asses.

Sporty Guy
05-19-2013, 06:31 AM

Thing is, anti-Taiwanese sentiment is at a minimum in The Philippines, the issue isnt dominating airwaves. Most really don't care at all, however, the stand of many in the issue is aligned with the Philippine Coast Guard's testimony.

So true, man!

Art Garcia
05-19-2013, 07:05 AM
Just stage a tuneup game against the Taiwanese. On neutral grounds of course. :)

And the Philippines should wear a uniform with the word FORMOSA on their chest.

weward
05-19-2013, 07:37 AM

This is the shining moment for these leaders(of taiwan) to be more known and become heroes...That's why they are so OA.

_
I love it when you are active, KP! haha

vladski
05-19-2013, 08:30 AM
This is the shining moment for these leaders(of taiwan) to be more known and become heroes...That's why they are so OA.

_
I love it when you are active, KP! haha

If you have 14% approval ratings, for sure your people are in discontent (http://www.voanews.com/content/tens_of_thousands_protest_against_taiwan_president/1582858.html). If you are President Ma, then you will do anything to please you people. And this incident is the perfect scenario to boost your popularity.

KevinDurant
05-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Taiwanese are just bitter, they cannot beat Philippines in basketball.

Walken
05-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Egypt nt is planning to participate in Jones Cup this year

insulares
05-19-2013, 09:44 AM
One of the quotes is pretty funny "They used to have a glorious history, but now they suck, so they only use elbows now."

http://img6.cache.netease.com/sports/2011/9/23/20110923192736e0949.jpg

It's so funny it's downright hilarious! Just further proof the Philippines has a superior offence compared to CT (please note the litany of final scores all these years)...

For the Taiwanese media, the truth must really hurt... Filipinos suck so much they never miss: shots go in and even their elbows connect.

AHAHAHAHA!

So next time a Taiwanese commentator says a Pinoy player shoots from "the elbow", you know he's not referring to an angle within the painted area straddling the FT stripe.

Ouch.

reamily
05-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Congressman na pala si Chen Chi Lung sa Taiwan:cool:

KevinDurant
05-19-2013, 10:58 AM
So if Philippines suck, what do you call Taiwan basketball then? They've been our bi*ches for ages. HAHAHA

reamily
05-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Its like all their bitterness against us after all these years fluctuated when that issue escalated. Parang documented lahat nung mga gulang na ginawa natin (Yes we admit we Filipinos play physical as if we only play like that against Taiwanese and its been like that since our glory years).

adrax
05-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Its like all their bitterness against us after all these years fluctuated when that issue escalated. Parang documented lahat nung mga gulang na ginawa natin (Yes we admit we Filipinos play physical as if we only play like that against Taiwanese and its been like that since our glory years).

Thats because taiwan plays soft.I think they should stop playing basketball. I want Gilas Pilipinas to destroy them if they join in this coming fiba Asia 2013.

80% Gilas Pilipinas will not join and defend the title this coming william jones cup.

crush
05-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Let us not sow hate...even if the other side is doing otherwise..let's just play basketball

OSHAFA
05-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Jordan IN :)

insulares
05-19-2013, 11:51 PM

Right. Although I don't mind an occasional old-school brawl... the kind that uses fists. Even elbows.

But it really becomes a problem when some idiot lunges for the nearest pair of bandage scissors.

macan77
05-20-2013, 10:31 AM
who cares about the taiwanese national team. they are always philippines bitch..gilas wanted to join the jones cup so that it can play against other national team such as Jordan, japan, Iran, etc. but not too much keen on the softies taiwanese..i hope they will join the fiba asia in manila..we will show them how hospitable we are outside the court but inside, its a different matter..they will cry like bitches..but if they don't want to join the tournament, who cares..

jolz
05-21-2013, 02:36 AM
If they whine about the physicality of the game, they should abolish basketball in their turf..

analyzed
05-25-2013, 12:03 AM

Careful measures for me at this point means the risk of Gilas participating in this years Jones Cup is to great, why expose our players and countrymen to unnecessary risk, there are other options of getting tune-up games. Considering the situation, the SBP should begin planning for those other options

trig
05-25-2013, 05:20 AM
they better be careful in showing replays of filipinos throwing elbows, it might show how bad they flop

Like the game vs Jordan lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY0FIrGC_6c

analyzed
05-25-2013, 09:06 AM
It's not just the Philippines that is getting annoyed or having trouble with Taiwan - read :

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2013/05/24/2003563049

So now what? are they going to kick out Japan from the WJC as well and call them dirty as well :)

FARIDOON
05-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Congressman na pala si Chen Chi Lung sa Taiwan:cool:

the Loach-Dragon..

CKR13
05-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Jordan IN :)

It will be interesting on how much points will your new naturalized player score in this tournament if he suits up. Given the latter's pedigree, he can even lead the said tournament in scoring.

kaiziken_pinas
05-27-2013, 02:22 PM
The Philippines is officially un-invited in the 2013 Jones Cup. We won't be able to defend our title.

Great. Just great. Instead of dousing the flames caused by controversy, they're merely fanning and fueling the fire.

Looking forward to meet Taiwan in Manila AND BLOW THE EFF OUT OF THEM IN FRONT OF 20,000 FANS.

MasterChip2000
05-27-2013, 03:07 PM
Wow, Taiwan is overreacting! hahaha.. They thought they can get a sympathy by doing that action? I don't thinks so, in fact most nations might think they are acting like an idiot.

Taiwan gevernment should not forgot that there were also lots of Filipino workers had been raped by TAIWANESE employer and hundreds have been beaten up and physically abused by TAIWANESE employer but Philippines government never ever reacted like Taiwan does LOL! I can say Taiwanese are narrow minded and ridiculous.

Politics should not mixed with friendly game( like Jones cup). Taiwanese are just jealous and bitter to the Filipinos haha. They could not beat the Philippines basketball national team for almost 5 years now in any league.

I also remembered one of taiwanese professional billiard player had mentioned in his media interview (I think it was a World 9-Ball tournament). This player exposed that their government had told them (taiwanese player) that they can receive money/inssentives from Taiwan government if they had won against any Filipino billiard player. hahaha

CKR13
05-28-2013, 12:29 AM
South Korea confirmed the invitation. Yoo Jae-Hak initially stated that he may bring 14 players for the FIBA Asia build-up.

CKR13
06-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Travis McAvene will return to coach USA for this tourney.
http://www.teamusajonescup.com/

CKR13
06-16-2013, 11:09 AM
According to a report by Arirang Sports, Yoo Jae-Hak will bring 12 players into the Jones Cup.

jolz
06-20-2013, 07:18 AM
And the Philippines will not be present. Just great. :(

JAMSKIE
06-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Does anyone here know whether the 2013 Jones Cup will be covered by Fox Sports? I'm still interested to watch the games even if Philippine team won't be there. At least, our opponents will be playing there.

reamily
06-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Does anyone here know whether the 2013 Jones Cup will be covered by Fox Sports? I'm still interested to watch the games even if Philippine team won't be there. At least, our opponents will be playing there.
You should know kabooms twitter account to put jones cup games in their abl basketball timeslot..

daniab
06-21-2013, 03:26 AM
Any idea about the final list of participating teams?

ann922
06-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Any idea about the final list of participating teams?

Japan, Korea, Jordan, Iran, Lebanon, Egypt, USA and two teams of Chinese Taipei will be participating the Jones Cup this year.

zonglin
06-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Any information about team U.S.A?

tmlouk
06-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Here is the schedule for the WJC

Maybe some can translate it into correct english and can post the schedule in English

http://bbs.hupu.com/5830174.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_content=topic&utm_campaign=rss

Khalid80
06-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks tmlouk for the link! I translated it using google so I hope it's correct :p

William Jones Cup 2013
Game timings are as per Taiwan local time

Saturday, July 6, 2013
Game 1 13:00 p.m Lebanon LIB (light) - Taiwan B (dark)
Game 2 15:00 p.m South Korea KOR (light) - Egypt EGY (dark)
Game 3 17:00 p.m Jordan JOR (light) - Iran IRI (dark)
19:00 p.m Opening Ceremony Opening Ceremony
Game 4 19:30 p.m Taiwan A (light) - Japan JPN (dark)

Sunday, July 7, 2013
Game 5 13:00 p.m Egypt EGY (light) - Jordan JOR (dark)
Game 6 15:00 p.m Japan JPN (light) - Lebanon LIB (dark)
Game 7 17:00 p.m USA (light) - Taiwan A (dark)
Game 8 19:00 p.m Taiwan B (light) - South Korea KOR (dark)

Monday, July 8, 2013
Game 9 13:00 p.m Japan JPN (light) - Egypt EGY (dark)
Game 10 15:00 p.m Iran IRI (light) - Taiwan B (dark)
Game 11 17:00 p.m South Korea KOR (light) - USA (dark)
Game 12 19:00 p.m Taiwan A (light) - Lebanon LIB (dark)

Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Game 13 13:00 p.m Taiwan B (light) - USA (dark)
Game 14 15:00 p.m Egypt EGY (light) - Iran IRI (dark)
Game 15 17:00 p.m Lebanon LIB (light) - South Korea KOR (dark)
Game 16 19:00 p.m Jordan JOR (light) - Taiwan A (dark)

Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Game 17 13:00 p.m Egypt EGY (light) - Lebanon LIB (dark)
Game 18 15:00 p.m Taiwan B (light) - Jordan JOR (dark)
Game 19 17:00 p.m Japan JPN (light) - USA (dark)
Game 20 19:00 p.m South Korea KOR (light) - Iran IRI (dark)

Thursday, July 11, 2013
Game 21 13:00 p.m USA (light) - Egypt EGY (dark)
Game 22 15:00 p.m Jordan JOR (light) - South Korea KOR (dark)
Game 23 17:00 p.m Iran IRI (light) - Japan JPN (dark)
Game 24 19:00 p.m Taiwan B (light) - Taiwan A (dark)

Friday, July 12, 2013
Game 25 13:00 p.m Lebanon LIB (light) - Jordan JOR (dark)
Game 26 15:00 p.m USA (light) - Iran IRI (dark)
Game 27 17:00 p.m Japan JPN (light) - South Korea KOR (dark)
Game 28 19:00 p.m Taiwan A (light) - Egypt EGY (dark)

Saturday, July 13, 2013
Game 29 13:00 p.m Lebanon LIB (light) - USA (dark)
Game 30 15:00 p.m Egypt EGY (light) - Taiwan B (dark)
Game 31 17:00 p.m Jordan JOR (light) - Japan JPN (dark)
Game 32 19:00 p.m Iran IRI (light) - Taiwan A (dark)

Sunday, July 14, 2013
Game 33 13:00 p.m Iran IRI (light) - Lebanon LIB (dark)
Game 34 15:00 p.m Japan JPN (light) - Taiwan B (dark)
Game 35 17:00 p.m USA (light) - Jordan JOR (dark)
Game 36 19:00 p.m Taiwan A (light) - South Korea KOR (dark)

Award Ceremony Award Ceremony

CKR13
06-22-2013, 01:04 PM
South Korea tentative roster for the 35th Jones Cup:

C - Kim Jong-Kyu
PF - Lee Seung-Jun, Kim Joo-Sung, Choi Bo-Kyung
SF - Moon Tae-Young, Yoon Ho-Young
SG - Kim Min-Koo, Cho Sung-Min, Kim Sun-Hyung
PG - Yang Dong-Geun, Kim Tae-Sol, Park Chan-Hee
IR - Lee Jong-Hyun

tmlouk
06-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks tmlouk for the link! I translated it using google so I hope it's correct :p

i was using Google too, but i didn`t know, what light and dark means (i thought it was a mistake by Google translator).

Khalid80
06-22-2013, 02:15 PM
i was using Google too, but i didn`t know, what light and dark means (i thought it was a mistake by Google translator).

It's the jersey color... i'm assuming cuz there is no other explanation for it.. Like for home team and away team

Khaled.Salloum
06-22-2013, 02:23 PM
It's the jersey color... i'm assuming cuz there is no other explanation for it.. Like for home team and away team

Khaled what about the USA team bro, who are the players? or is it a group of USA players who played in the region?

zonglin
06-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Khaled what about the USA team bro, who are the players? or is it a group of USA players who played in the region?

Jermaine Barnes
Josh Powell
Mracus Melvin
Others players are undetermined.

Khaled.Salloum
06-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Jermaine Barnes
Josh Powell
Mracus Melvin
Others players are undetermined.

These were last year's Roster plus Jermaine Barnes is playing in Mexico now i don't think he would be included, but still the names of the Roster are not found on the web.

Khalid80
06-22-2013, 03:51 PM
These were last year's Roster plus Jermaine Barnes is playing in Mexico now i don't think he would be included, but still the names of the Roster are not found on the web.

It's still to be announced but Marcus Melvin should remain on the team.

digitalsuperman
06-22-2013, 04:06 PM
this year's Jones Cup is pretty awesome. would've been fun to watch and it would've been more fun if PHL was there. too bad :(

gazara
06-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Lebanese NT Roster for the Jones Cup :

Coach:Ghassan Sarkis (LEB)

Players:

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
2-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
3-Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)
4-Elie Rustom (198-SG/SF)
5-Elie Estephan (195-SG)
6-Amir Saoud (188-SG)
7-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
8-Nadim Soueid (192-SG)
9-Hussein Khatib (192-SG)
10-Ali Haidar (202-PF)
11-Roy Samaha (206-C)
12-Ali Kanaan (206-C)
13-Bachir Ammoury (201-PF)
14-Loren Woods (218-C)(USA-LEB)(NATURALIZED PLAYER)

Also as i know that Fadi El Khatib (199-SF) the Lebanese NT Captain will join the team on the 1st July so basicaly he will be with the NT in Jones Cup in Taiwan !
Also Julian Khazzouh (211-C) Will the NT after the Jones Cup !

tmlouk
06-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Any Infos, if there will be a Womens competition this years too?

Khalid80
06-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Any Infos, if there will be a Womens competition this years too?

I can't find any info. on the women's competition but I can't see why they wouldn't have it as the women's competition is being played every single year.

interxavierxxx
06-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Is the website for the tournament available?

CKR13
06-24-2013, 12:21 PM
There is a chance that Lee Jong-Hyun will be with the team in Taiwan.

zonglin
06-27-2013, 03:41 PM
2013 Jones Cup official website.
http://2013wjc.basketball-tpe.org/bin/home.php

daniab
07-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Hi guys, any idea where the tournament is going to be broadcasted? thanks a lot

zonglin
07-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Hi guys, any idea where the tournament is going to be broadcasted? thanks a lot

FOX SPORTS Taiwan.

CKR13
07-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Day one opens Japan against Chinese Taipei A. Back in the EABC, Japan won a close one, 71-70 against the host. Game could have gone either way.

digitalsuperman
07-03-2013, 11:31 AM
hopefully there will be a live stream for this tournament. this gonna be an awesome tournament.

saladin1984
07-04-2013, 08:17 AM
i really wanna watch all games..T.T

live streamimg site PLZ!!!!~~

JAMSKIE
07-04-2013, 11:26 AM
i really wanna watch all game..T.T

live streamimg site PLZ!!!!~~

Me too. Can anyone share us any live streaming site, please

OSHAFA
07-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Me too. Can anyone share us any live streaming site, please

there you go :)
http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/380789_1361122213367-5r3op189.htm

ak1105
07-04-2013, 12:56 PM

many thanks

digitalsuperman
07-04-2013, 01:37 PM

thank you so much..http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/onion/875328cc.gif

gazara
07-04-2013, 03:21 PM
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/7192_540226926012569_1183201525_n.jpg

Lebanese National Team Left Lebanon at 4 A.M (Beirut Time) To Start The Big Campaign For 40 Days !!
-The First Stop will Be The Jones Cup (On 6 July-14 July)
-Phillipines Training Camp
then The Asian Championship in Manila Phillipines

http://www.lstatic.org/UserFiles/Image/new-images-2010/sport/pictures-inside%2012-13/robert-abou-abdallah-alfa-number-1.jpg

Lebanese NT Jersey 2013 !

Sponsors:

-Mr. Cheikh Wadih El Absi
-Alfa Telecommunication Company

the Lebanese Squad in Jones Cup 2013:

Coach:Ghassan Sarkis (LEB)
Ass.Coach:Marwan Khalil (LEB)
Ass.Coach:Georges Kelzi (LEB)
Scouting:Koko Krekorian (LEB)

Players:

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
2-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
3-Mohammad Ibrahim (196-PG)
4-Elie Estephan (195-SG)
5-Hussein El Khatib (192-SG)
6-Nadim Soueid (192-SG)
7-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
8-Amir Saoud (188-SG)
9-Bachir Ammoury (201-PF)
10-Ali Haidar (202-PF)
11-Ali Kanaan (206-C)
12-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEBANESE NT CAPTAIN)
13-Loren Woods (218-C)(LEB-USA)(NATURALIZED PLAYER)

N.B:
-Loren Woods (218-C)(LEB-USA) Will Join the NT In Taipeh and maybe will miss some Games in Jones Cup !
-Julian Khazzouh (211-C)(LEB) Final Decision about Joining the NT Will be BTW 6 July and 7 July !

JAMSKIE
07-05-2013, 05:06 AM

Thank you very much bro. Is this Fox Sports-Taiwan?

CKR13
07-05-2013, 08:41 AM
South Korea National Team posing for a photo-op before departing to Taiwan.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/s403x403/995408_10201296197702596_1728413383_n.jpg

khaledlebanon
07-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Lebanon vs Taiwan B in 1 hour!

Any Live streams? Thanks.

khaledlebanon
07-06-2013, 05:09 AM
阿克勒 = Rodrigue

卡瑞尼 ?

金泰術 ?

李政玹 ?

萊特 ?

Any idea about the names in English?

khaledlebanon
07-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Also,

法莫斯

多希特

竹內 讓次

薩哈基安

萊耶斯

?

zonglin
07-06-2013, 05:41 AM
卡瑞尼 =Mehdi Kamrani

金泰術 =Kim Tae-Sol

李政玹 =Lee Jung-Hyun

萊特 =Rasheim Wright
法莫斯=Jarrid Famous

多希特=Marcus Douthit

竹內 讓次=Kosuke Takeuchi

薩哈基安=Oshin Sahakian

khaledlebanon
07-06-2013, 05:46 AM
卡瑞尼 =Mehdi Kamrani

金泰術 =Kim Tae-Sol

李政玹 =Lee Jung-Hyun

萊特 =Rasheim Wright
法莫斯=Jarrid Famous

多希特=Marcus Douthit

竹內 讓次=Kosuke Takeuchi

薩哈基安=Oshin Sahakian

khaledlebanon
07-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Lebanon 18 - 21 Taiwan B - end of 1st Q :D

heart21
07-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Can somebody give us a correct link to watch lebanon vs taiwan game since it is not broadcasted on fox sports taiwan?

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 06:38 AM
Lebanon 18 - 21 Taiwan B - end of 1st Q :D

Where are you watching sir? please give us the link

zonglin
07-06-2013, 06:39 AM
13:00 game doesn't broadcasted.

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Fox Sports-Taiwan isn't broadcasting the Jones Cup as of now. It's the Taiwan NT vs. NBA legends game that is being replayed right now

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 06:44 AM
13:00 game doesn't broadcasted.

I see. What about the 3:00 P.M. game? Thanks

zonglin
07-06-2013, 06:50 AM
I see. What about the 3:00 P.M. game? Thanks

15:00 Korea VS Egypt
17:00 Jordan VS Iran
19:00 Taiwan A VS Japan

zonglin
07-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Lebanon 30-35 Taiwan B half time.

khaledlebanon
07-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Lebanon 30 - 35 Taiwan B HT

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 06:58 AM
15:00 Korea VS Egypt
17:00 Jordan VS Iran
19:00 Taiwan A VS Japan

Thank you sir

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Lebanon 30 - 35 Taiwan B HT

What's the link sir, please

zonglin
07-06-2013, 07:05 AM
What's the link sir, please

http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/380789_1361122213367-o4o0n844.htm

gonfreaks
07-06-2013, 07:08 AM
The next 3 games will be broadcasted live.. You can see the complete schedule of games here: http://tv.foxsportsasia.com/ Just choose Taiwan as the region

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 07:16 AM

What I mean is, where does khaledlebanon get the running scores since the 1st game isn't broadcasted?

zonglin
07-06-2013, 07:26 AM
What I mean is, where does khaledlebanon get the running scores since the 1st game isn't broadcasted?

http://2013wjc.basketball-tpe.org/files/600-1008-96.php

budz17
07-06-2013, 07:58 AM
70 - 66, taiwan B wins?

CKR13
07-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Next is the South Korea - Egypt game. Yoo Jae Hak admitted that they have no scouting report against that team.

reamily
07-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Looks like this year jones cup has many sponsors. It will be more if they allow us to participate:cool:

engwan
07-06-2013, 08:23 AM
70 - 66, taiwan B wins?

Interesting game. I wonder what happened to Lebanon. Can't really tell from the box scores.

But Lebanon had 25 TOs

CKR13
07-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Korea having trouble with the Egyptian's half-court line trap. 10-3 Egypt as Yoo calls timeout.

kaiziken_pinas
07-06-2013, 08:35 AM
WHAT? Lebanon lost to Taiwan B? Seriously?

engwan
07-06-2013, 08:37 AM
WHAT? Lebanon lost to Taiwan B? Seriously?

Yes, Lebanon with Fadi but without Woods. Too bad it wasn't televised.

CKR13
07-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Kim Sun-Hyung hit a lob across half-court as buzzer ended, pushing Korea 25-23 at the end of the 1st. He also had a sick crossover for a layup before that.

reamily
07-06-2013, 08:48 AM
You knew when the veterans have been inserted for SK..

budz17
07-06-2013, 08:49 AM
egypt is in disarray, could not orchestrate their plays properly because of the pressure

reamily
07-06-2013, 08:50 AM
egypt is in disarray, could not orchestrate their plays properly because of the pressure

You already knew who should Korea choose as their naturalized player..

engwan
07-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Egypt is having trouble with Korea's full court press

CKR13
07-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Yoo Jae-Hak's soft press didn't work in the first but in the second, he went all out with the full court press.

kaiziken_pinas
07-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Yes, Lebanon with Fadi but without Woods. Too bad it wasn't televised.

aside from those two, they played with a full roster? Man.........................that's just. Ouch.

CKR13
07-06-2013, 09:37 AM
End of the 3rd quarter as Korea enjoys a good lead. They didn't push the tempo compared to the 2nd quarter as coach Yoo emphasized the flex baseline motion. They switched from a 1-4 press from the second into a more orthodox 2-3 zone.

budz17
07-06-2013, 09:42 AM
south korea is good with the press but their big men look thin. I'm not sure if they are strong enough to defend against the really big teams with good guards.

interxavierxxx
07-06-2013, 09:56 AM
aside from those two, they played with a full roster? Man.........................that's just. Ouch.

I can't blame them for playing this bad. They were very ill-prepared with all the mess going on in their federation.

CKR13
07-06-2013, 09:57 AM
South Korea takes this one with just one minute remaining. Kim Joo-Sung and Kim Tae-Sol changed the complexion of the game in the 2nd. It was Kim JS's wingspan and footwork that allowed Korea to run a 1-4 press then and Kim TS's playmaking on when to sally up a baseline flex and push the tempo based on the numbers game.

Kim Jong-Kyu, Choi Bu-Kyong and Lee Jong-Hyun are taking heed as whenever Joo-Sung sits, he would talk to the bigmen on how it is done.

interxavierxxx
07-06-2013, 10:00 AM
South Korea takes this one with just one minute remaining. Kim Joo-Sung and Kim Tae-Sol changed the complexion of the game in the 2nd. It was Kim JS's wingspan and footwork that allowed Korea to run a 1-4 press then and Kim TS's playmaking on when to sally up a baseline flex and push the tempo based on the numbers game.

Kim Jong-Kyu, Choi Bu-Kyong and Lee Jong-Hyun are taking heed as whenever Joo-Sung sits, he would talk to the bigmen on how it is done.

They seem to be lacking a reliable outside shooter. In the past, Korea always had a go-to guy for outside shots whenever they needed them.

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 10:03 AM

I can't believe that Taiwan-B will beat Lebanon.

By the way, who are the players of Taiwan-B? Is this team a developmental team & the same players who played for Taiwan-B in last year's Jones Cup?

Although I understand Lebanon played without naturalized player Loren Woods & the team has started its training only about 12 days ago, the fact that this is a Lebanese senior national team with Fadi El Khatib & other veteran NT players like Ali Mahmoud & Jean Abdul Nour & promising young player Ali Haidar who's got eye-popping credentials, I expected Lebanon to beat Taiwan-B handily.

interxavierxxx
07-06-2013, 10:04 AM
I can't believe that Taiwan-B will beat Lebanon.

By the way, who are the players of Taiwan-B? Is this team a developmental team & the same players who played for Taiwan-B in last year's Jones Cup?

Although I understand Lebanon played without naturalized player Loren Woods & the team has started its training only about 12 days ago, the fact that this is a Lebanese senior national team with Fadi El Khatib & other veteran NT players like Ali Mahmoud & Jean Abdul Nour & promising young player Ali Haidar who's got eye-popping credentials, I expected Lebanon to beat Taiwan-B handily.

Give them the benefit of a doubt. They can get better as the tournament progresses. It's too early to tell how everyone is doing at this stage.

engwan
07-06-2013, 10:04 AM
They seem to be lacking a reliable outside shooter. In the past, Korea always had a go-to guy for outside shots whenever they needed them.

Moon Tae Young is with the team. Didn't see him play much though.

The next game JOR vs IRI should be good.

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Give them the benefit of a doubt. They can get better as the tournament progresses. It's too early to tell how everyone is doing at this stage.

Of course, I do give the Lebanese the benefit of the doubt. It's just surprising that a powerhouse team like Lebanon would lose to a developmental team of Taiwan (assuming Taiwan-B is a developmental team composed of players in their early 20's). Please don't get me wrong, I don't mean to marginalize or underestimate Taiwan-B team.

BTW, the next game, Jordan vs. Iran, would be very interesting

CKR13
07-06-2013, 10:18 AM

They still have Cho Sung-Min but he is still adjusting to Yoo Jae-Hak's run and gun offense. In 2011, Cho was very comfortable with Hur Jae's system as the latter had designated several spot up options for him.

budz17
07-06-2013, 10:33 AM
did the live stream just go dead?

engwan
07-06-2013, 10:42 AM

Yes :(

budz17
07-06-2013, 10:59 AM
update pls, to those who are able to watch

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Interesting game. I wonder what happened to Lebanon. Can't really tell from the box scores.

But Lebanon had 25 TOs

Fadi El Khatib logged 25 mins. & top scored for Lebanon with 20 pts., Jean Abdel Nour played 30 mins. & scored 14 pts. Ali Haidar (the top scorer in the US NCAA Div. 2) logged 18 mins. & contributed 9 pts.

Not the usual playing time for Fadi El Khatib since he usually plays for about 36+ mins. in big games

Thegloryball
07-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Yes :(

here http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/380789_1361122229384-3190sns5.htm it's working just a bit laggy HD!

zonglin
07-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Try this.
http://55556.com/tv/578/

reamily
07-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Fadi El Khatib logged 25 mins. & top scored for Lebanon with 20 pts., Jean Abdel Nour played 30 mins. & scored 14 pts. Ali Haidar (the top scorer in the US NCAA Div. 2) logged 18 mins. & contributed 9 pts.

Not the usual playing time for Fadi El Khatib since he usually plays for about 36+ mins. in big games

You knew the tendency (or weakness of lebanon)? you look at their young guys(Kanaan, Nadim Hawi, Tabet et. al) in the last two years they seem to not contribute significant numbers even against weaker teams as its always Fadi,Jean, whoever their naturalizzed player and company.. if this will not be the case for now good for them because its an investment.. They will become reliable in the games to come..

budz17
07-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Try this.
http://55556.com/tv/578/

thanks. its working but slow, must be my crappy internet connection;)

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Its working well right now. Thanks guys!

35-25 Iran lead at halftime. Low scoring game. I assume its a defensive oriented game.

engwan
07-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Just a 2 point game now. Live stream is back.

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Update please. The streaming isn't working again

engwan
07-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Update please. The streaming isn't working again

Streaming is very intermittent. 2:36 left. IRI up by 8

reamily
07-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Looks like Jordan Nt coach is something. Me ibubuga..

interxavierxxx
07-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Iran - 64
Jordan - 57

- Iran was the more experienced team. No question there.
- As usual, the trio of Kamrani-Haddadi-Bahrami led the team.
- Jordan was lost throughout the game. They were getting opportunities at the basket but none were falling.
- Baxter's role in the team is clearly to become their go-to guy as Wright, Daghles, and Abbas are out.

engwan
07-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Iran is going to win this. Less than a minute left.

I hope livestream will be better later. I want to see the new look Taipei team with a naturalized player.

JAMSKIE
07-06-2013, 12:16 PM
So Iran wins 64-57. Close game, indeed.

I can't make any assessment becoz I was able to watched only a few mins. becoz of some problems with the streaming. For those who were able to watch it broadly, what's your initial assessment?

reamily
07-06-2013, 12:19 PM

I can't make any assessment becoz I was able to watched only a few mins. becoz of some problems with the streaming. For those who were able to watch it broadly, what's your initial assessment?

They knew how to clobber Haddadi down low.. so the usual dump the ball to Haddadi would not be so effective with them unlike applied to us..scrappy team..

interxavierxxx
07-06-2013, 12:20 PM

Pretty much, Iran remains a strong contender as the same core (since 2005) is still playing. Jordan is good too but they were too reliant on Baxter. As soon as the defense was concentrated on him, they lost a reliable scorer and, hence, the team missed so many field goals and committed too many turnovers.

chester25
07-06-2013, 12:25 PM

i'm surprised that jordan kept the game close considering that they don't have they're most established stars. of course, we can't discount the fact that Iran's holding back.

reamily
07-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Pretty much, Iran remains a strong contender as the same core (since 2005) is still playing. Jordan is good too but they were too reliant on Baxter. As soon as the defense was concentrated on him, they lost a reliable scorer and, hence, the team missed so many field goals and committed too many turnovers.

Its given their top point guard is out and the fact that you do not bare your cards in this tourney.. I just rate them in what is already there which difficult to work on in months time..

budz17
07-06-2013, 12:34 PM
middle of next week will be the start of ramadan. it will definitely affect the training of the middle east teams. ramadan ends around august 1, just in time for fiba asia.

jordan has always been a good defensive team, especially against iran. they match up well with them. but they have always had problems dealing with our speed. if zaid abbas and daghlas won't play, they'll have a tough tournament in august.

engwan
07-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Watching the opening ceremonies, the Taipei jerseys are really very similar to Gilas' uniforms.

This has been the case since Wuhan. Is it Nike's design team doing the jerseys?

Khalid80
07-06-2013, 01:13 PM

This is what Fadi Khatib said after the game:

"Don't expect the national team to win right now before we regain our shape and form. The team is ready to fight but this is just a preparation phase nothing more".

CKR13
07-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Japan falling 0-10 in the early three minutes. Quincy Davis and Tseng Wen-Ting altering and blocking shots.

engwan
07-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Japan is really sloppy with the ball. CT up 10 - 0

reamily
07-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Taiwan really likes to play against Japan as usual..

reamily
07-06-2013, 01:38 PM
But you gotta give it to Taiwan.. they really love their basketball as look at their crowd turnout in this game..

mavrick_h
07-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Pretty much, Iran remains a strong contender as the same core (since 2005) is still playing.

you mean 2007.

Oh! finally I can comment in the forum :p

does anyone else having this problem?
http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?24106-Blank-Errors-Please-Help

chester25
07-06-2013, 01:39 PM
taiwan seems to be benefiting greatly with their naturalized player.

reamily
07-06-2013, 01:41 PM
taiwan seems to be benefiting greatly with their naturalized player.

Even without Quincy Davis.. they always blew Japan out in their Jones Cup Opener and they always lose to Philippines and Korea at the last two days of jones cup

CKR13
07-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Ugly orchestration by Japan on UCLA's Reverse Ball on which Suzuki has been working on since last year's Jones Cup.

Two points of stagnation:

1. High baseline prop where triple threat made by Sakurai and Hiejima eats away too much seconds and the wings fail to show up in the shallow opposites as the low block screen was also lagging behind.

2. Guard or wing when receiving the ball after a Low Key Cut holds on to the ball way too long instead of just kicking it out. When they finally reverse the ball, Kosuke Takeuchi and Sean Hinkley are way too outside for their optimized shooting range and chance to strike in for a chance to rebound their own misses. Taiwan has 8 points off turnovers.

boybilis
07-06-2013, 02:10 PM
can you guys pls update the scores here?

i cant watch the game.. im usingipad only. thanks guys

CKR13
07-06-2013, 02:19 PM
HT: 31-25 Chinese Taipei

Kosuke Takeuchi: 2-9 with 5 points and 5 rebounds. Chinese Taipei would be in a much bigger lead had they taken care of the ball.

boybilis
07-06-2013, 02:22 PM
thanks! hoping for a japanese comewbacl.

you guysz bet on ot?

got japanese ML here

interxavierxxx
07-06-2013, 02:39 PM
you mean 2007.

Oh! finally I can comment in the forum :p

does anyone else having this problem?
http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?24106-Blank-Errors-Please-Help

2005 Iran National Team for FIBA Asia Championships:

4 Pouya Tajik (202-F/C-79) of Peykan Tehran
5 Aydin Nikkhah (-F) of Saba Batri
6 Amir Amini (191-G-84) of Peykan Tehran
7 Mehdi Kamrani (183-G-83) of Saba Batri
8 Samad Nikkhah (200-F-83) of Sanam Tehran
9 Iman Zandi (186-G-79) of Zob Ahan Esfahan
10 Afagh Hamed Eslamieh (190-G-83) of Saba Batri
11 Hamed Sohrab Nezhad (205-C-84) of Saba Batri
12 Jaber Rouzbahani (223-C-86) of Saba Batri
13 Mohammad Shahsavand (208-C-80) of Peykan Tehran
14 Saeed Tabeshnia (197-G-71) of Sanam Tehran (Cap)
15 Hamad Hadadi (216-C-85) of Peykan Tehran

The players not bolded are not in the current team but most of them are regularly included in their training pool every year. For the most part, Iran's success have been their excellent NT training program.

boybilis
07-06-2013, 02:42 PM
interxavier, do you know the score?

interxavierxxx
07-06-2013, 02:43 PM
interxavier, do you know the score?

Taiwan - 56
Japan -47

4Q - 7:23

boybilis
07-06-2013, 02:45 PM
thanks bro. lookslike japan will lose damn hahah

engwan
07-06-2013, 02:50 PM
62-59 3:30 left. CT still up

boybilis
07-06-2013, 02:51 PM
lets go japan,,

Roseblade13
07-06-2013, 02:52 PM
62-59 3:30 left. CT still up

I think defensively Taiwan is still not that good enough

CKR13
07-06-2013, 03:05 PM
CT wins 70-62, avenging their EABC loss against Japan. Keijuro Matsui found his range, but Japan could not make timely defensive stops.

boybilis
07-06-2013, 03:05 PM
score guys??

boybilis
07-06-2013, 03:06 PM
thanks guys. damn japan!

zoman114
07-06-2013, 03:20 PM
where to get photos?!

CKR13
07-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Japan's head coach Kimikazu Suzuki gave some comments about Chinese Taipei's Quincy Davis:

"He (Davis) brought what JR Sakuragi brought to my team (Aishin). The more he plays with the team, the more they will grow."

zonglin
07-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Jones cup day1 result:

Lebanon 66-70 CT-B
Korea 80-63 Egypt
Jordan 57-64 Iran
CT-A 70-62 Japan

DavidPCamarena
07-06-2013, 04:47 PM
where to get photos?!

There's a slideshow at the home page. Just click on it to see the showing picture.

budz17
07-06-2013, 05:26 PM
any idea where we can see the highlights?

gazara
07-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Unfortunatly it was a surprising loss against Taiwan B

but we have to mention many facts ,

1-All The players Were Tired after a long Flight
2-No Training Before this Friendly Cup
3-All The players are not in Shape
4-No Chemistry nothing

Iwill not put that Woods wasn't playing ,i know we can win over Taiwan A Easily without Woods ,also we dominated The Rebounds
Our Major loss was the 25 T.O and 14 FT Out

Hope we will bounce back and be in the best form after this Jones Cup !

khaledlebanon
07-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Unfortunatly it was a surprising loss against Taiwan B

but we have to mention many facts ,

1-All The players Were Tired after a long Flight
2-No Training Before this Friendly Cup
3-All The players are not in Shape
4-No Chemistry nothing

Iwill not put that Woods wasn't playing ,i know we can win over Taiwan A Easily without Woods ,also we dominated The Rebounds
Our Major loss was the 25 T.O and 14 FT Out

Hope we will bounce back and be in the best form after this Jones Cup !

I hate these EXCUSES!

The score doesn't matter, but even if you're not prepared, you can't lose against a B team in this way.
We're supposed to compete for the title in about 3 weeks... Anyway, lets see how will they do against Japan in few hours...

Sphinxter27
07-07-2013, 07:09 AM
link please... 2 given links still not broadcasting the jones cup.

engwan
07-07-2013, 07:31 AM
link please... 2 given links still not broadcasting the jones cup.

The first game is not televised. Only the last 3 games per day.

shiro
07-07-2013, 07:41 AM
what is the result of the first match between egypt and jordan?

k-j
07-07-2013, 07:51 AM
http://www.360-bo.com/tv/wstytw.html
install the UUsee software first

k-j
07-07-2013, 07:54 AM
what is the result of the first match between egypt and jordan?

Egypt 89:65 Jordan

interxavierxxx
07-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Egypt 89:65 Jordan

Baxter only 10 points. No surprise that the defense was concentrated on him.

engwan
07-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Baxter only 10 points. No surprise that the defense was concentrated on him.

Without Daghles and Abbas, they're really dependent on Baxter. If Baxter can't get going, they're in trouble.

zik013
07-07-2013, 08:07 AM
any working link please?

JAMSKIE
07-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Sirs, link please

daniab
07-07-2013, 08:12 AM
is there anyone watching Lebanon vs Japan's game?

JAMSKIE
07-07-2013, 08:16 AM
is there anyone watching Lebanon vs Japan's game?

link isn't working, yet

zik013
07-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Leb 9- 4 Jap
16-11
16-16
18-16
23-20 endQ1

zonglin
07-07-2013, 08:36 AM
http://55556.com/tv/577/

Sphinxter27
07-07-2013, 08:46 AM
http://55556.com/tv/577/

thanks!

Sphinxter27
07-07-2013, 08:47 AM
The first game is not televised. Only the last 3 games per day.

thanks...

JAMSKIE
07-07-2013, 08:54 AM
I think Lebanon is playing much better today than in yesterday's game

zik013
07-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Lebanon 43-41 ht, after loosing the last couple of minutes with almost 10 points...

budz17
07-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Update pls.

insulares
07-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Lebanon beats Japan, 79-72 (Final).

JAMSKIE
07-07-2013, 10:07 AM
A much better game for Lebanon. A big improvement from yesterday's game. Not much dependent on Fadi El Khatib as he scored only 9 pts. while logging just 14 mins

khaledlebanon
07-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Lebanon 79 - 72 Japan

http://s13.postimg.org/8pjl5ccdz/LEB_vs_JAPAN.png

CKR13
07-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Good win for Lebanon. They will get better as the tourney progress. As for Japan, they go 0-2 despite Kosuke Takeuchi's double double. He needs help in the paint.

khaledlebanon
07-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Good win for Lebanon. They will get better as the tourney progress. As for Japan, they go 0-2 despite Kosuke Takeuchi's double double. He needs help in the paint.

This is the same squad that will represent Japan in Asia, right?

CKR13
07-07-2013, 10:49 AM
This is the same squad that will represent Japan in Asia, right?

Yes. Just minus Noguchi, Kikuchi and Uda from the team and add JR Sakuragi and the other Takeuchi.

khaledlebanon
07-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Yes. Just minus Noguchi, Kikuchi and Uda from the team and add JR Sakuragi and the other Takeuchi.

Thanks bro

engwan
07-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know of a better livestream site? The ones shared previously are not working well. Too laggy and unwatchable.

CKR13
07-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Taiwan A are fearless in shooting those break away threes. While USA are kind of late in sending a double team to Quincy Davis; when he is firmly established underneath the basket, as opposed to showing up early to pin the post.

Sphinxter27
07-07-2013, 11:43 AM
update pls... link was down. any online link pls?

engwan
07-07-2013, 11:51 AM
update pls... link was down. any online link pls?

55-62 TPE. 3rd Qtr 1:09 left

I can only see like a frame in the livestream and it goes loading again.

Peace
07-07-2013, 12:14 PM
http://kimchitv.blogspot.kr/

CKR13
07-07-2013, 12:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cGzEXL21KOQ

weward
07-07-2013, 12:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cGzEXL21KOQ

How old is emoboy Lin Chih Chieh? Napapanot na. lol
trans: Lin Chih Chieh is going bald. lol

CKR13
07-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Good win for Chinese Taipei A as they are now 2-0. Up next is Chinese Taipei B who are 1-0 and are hoping to upset South Korea, no easy task.

engwan
07-07-2013, 12:45 PM
http://kimchitv.blogspot.kr/

This is great! Thanks.

JAMSKIE
07-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Wow! Taiwan beating USA!

engwan
07-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Taiwan B players very active. Currently down 12-10 to Korea

engwan
07-07-2013, 01:16 PM
End of 1st Qtr. KOR 18-13 TPE.

Korea missing a lot of shots but still up by 5.

engwan
07-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Halftime. KOR 44 - 27 TPE.

Korea made a number of threes and threatening to break the game wide open.

Korean coach opting to use Eric Sandrin more over TJ Moon.

reamily
07-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Honestly di nman tapon tong Taiwan B eh

trans: Taiwan 2nd team is a definite pushover especially if you don't defend against them..Really a good tuneup for Asian teams unlike ahem thre boldets

reamily
07-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Halftime. KOR 44 - 27 TPE.

Korea made a number of threes and threatening to break the game wide open.

Korean coach opting to use Eric Sandrin more over TJ Moon.

It isn't Caneron Stevenson it is Greg Stevenson aka TY Moon :)

The choice should be pretty obvious unless they doing us a great favor by choosing this one over the other

engwan
07-07-2013, 01:57 PM
It isn't Caneron Stevenson it is Greg Stevenson aka TY Moon :)

The choice should be pretty obvious unless they doing us a great favor by choosing this one over the other

Oops, my mistake.

Well, I don't really know much about Sandrin but I thought Moon was good and had the better chance of making the team. Maybe it's just because I always remember the dagger 3 he made against us at Wuhan.

reamily
07-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Oops, my mistake.

Well, I don't really know much about Sandrin but I thought Moon was good and had the better chance of making the team. Maybe it's just because I always remember the dagger 3 he made against us at Wuhan.

How many points did moon scored 3? 5.. but how Douthit decimated Korean frontcourt...now Oh is out, Ha is not in the pool how will Kim Joo Sung handle the bigs of other teams..although CK would have a definite answer but..

reamily
07-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Oops, my mistake.

Eric Sandrin was the Korea's guy when they finished silver in Guangzhou and one they used last year at Olympic qualifiers..

engwan
07-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Eric Sandrin was the Korea's guy when they finished silver in Guangzhou and one they used last year at Olympic qualifiers..

Well yeah you're right. They definitely need a big man now that Oh and Ha are not with the team.

CKR13
07-07-2013, 02:28 PM
End of 3rd QT:

Korea relaxing a bit but Taiwan team B just kept attacking and pushing the tempo. Korea leads 64-51.

engwan
07-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Korea wins 60-81.

Taipei tried to mount a comeback but Korea just the better team.

CKR13
07-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Cho Sung-Min was on target and has been improving in regards with his game's adjustment with the uptempo game of Korea. Unlike in Busan where they play half-court with a zone offense, Yoo spaces the floor to open driving lanes.

As usual, Lee Seung-Jun brought energy everytime he steps on the floor. As per Moon Tae-Young, he is not used to playing with so many scorers with the team. Instead of opting for jumpshots at every possession, he should go back to his most potent weapon: the running hook. But, Moon TY is not used to playing the catch and shoot game, unlike Moon Tae-Jong.

DavidPCamarena
07-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Is Joji Takeuchi still injured?

zonglin
07-07-2013, 03:08 PM
I think Eric is more suitable for Korea NT than Greg.Eric can bring power for the NT.

CKR13
07-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Is Joji Takeuchi still injured?

Injured but improving. He is rehabbing in Japan.

reamily
07-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Cho Sung-Min was on target and has been improving in regards with his game's adjustment with the uptempo game of Korea. Unlike in Busan where they play half-court with a zone offense, Yoo spaces the floor to open driving lanes.

As usual, Lee Seung-Jun brought energy everytime he steps on the floor. As per Moon Tae-Young, he is not used to playing with so many scorers with the team. Instead of opting for jumpshots at every possession, he should go back to his most potent weapon: the running hook. But, Moon TY is not used to playing the catch and shoot game, unlike Moon Tae-Jong.

As you have said that, the guy is 6'8 at least.. has nice face up game.. will be a walking mismatch against our bigs... and he usually comes off the bench for korea..

leb-basket
07-07-2013, 04:23 PM
imp win for lebanon over japan. Both teams lack some players especially lebanon we were playing without 3 main players including 2 centers . Loren woods will join on Wednesday (he will miss both taiwan A and egypt) i suppose we will lose these 2 games as we lack both size and height. Hopefully Julian khazzouh will give us a positive final answer today ...

doctorjjj
07-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Is OH Se Geun coming back from an injury or did he flat-out get cut from the National Team?

khaledlebanon
07-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey, Any Idea how can I get Jones Cup Stats from year 2009?
Here's the website: http://web.archive.org/web/20090705112912/http://www.jonescup31st.com.tw/standing.php
Couldn't find the boxscores!

greenarcher
07-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Lots of new names for Taiwan A. Where are guys like Jet Chang and Wu Tai Hao?

jolz
07-08-2013, 02:08 AM

Is the man on the leftmost Eric Sandrin?
Along with Marcus Douthit on the Lakers' Camp?

zonglin
07-08-2013, 02:38 AM
Here's the website: http://web.archive.org/web/20090705112912/http://www.jonescup31st.com.tw/standing.php
2011&2012 Jones Cup official website.
http://wjc.basketball-tpe.org/bin/home.php
http://2012wjc.basketball-tpe.org/bin/home.php

zonglin
07-08-2013, 02:41 AM

Is the man on the leftmost Eric Sandrin?
Along with Marcus Douthit on the Lakers' Camp?

Yes,Eric Sandrin have ever play summer league with Lakers.

Sakamoto
07-08-2013, 02:42 AM
i hope eric sandrin and Ranidel de ocampo will meet again.:o

jolz
07-08-2013, 03:03 AM
2005 Iran National Team for FIBA Asia Championships:

4 Pouya Tajik (202-F/C-79) of Peykan Tehran
5 Aydin Nikkhah (-F) of Saba Batri
6 Amir Amini (191-G-84) of Peykan Tehran
7 Mehdi Kamrani (183-G-83) of Saba Batri
8 Samad Nikkhah (200-F-83) of Sanam Tehran
9 Iman Zandi (186-G-79) of Zob Ahan Esfahan
10 Afagh Hamed Eslamieh (190-G-83) of Saba Batri
11 Hamed Sohrab Nezhad (205-C-84) of Saba Batri
12 Jaber Rouzbahani (223-C-86) of Saba Batri
13 Mohammad Shahsavand (208-C-80) of Peykan Tehran
14 Saeed Tabeshnia (197-G-71) of Sanam Tehran (Cap)
15 Hamad Hadadi (216-C-85) of Peykan Tehran

The players not bolded are not in the current team but most of them are regularly included in their training pool every year. For the most part, Iran's success have been their excellent NT training program.

Bro, Haddadi is currently with Phoeninx Suns...

***forgot to read that this was the 2005 roster..my bad :)

jolz
07-08-2013, 03:05 AM
i hope eric sandrin and Ranidel de ocampo will meet again.:o

LOL had Sandrin tasted Ranidel de Ocampo's ELBOW just like Kawamura and the poor Taiwanese guy did? :rolleyes:

usausa
07-08-2013, 03:11 AM

Looked for them back in 2009, they were not released. Emailed ESPN and CTBA with no luck. It's been a few years, maybe you'll have better luck if you try. Talked to Chris Wang of Taiwan Hoops, even he couldn't get his hands on them, and he's pretty much the go-to-guy on Taiwanese basketball and has the contacts.

Sakamoto
07-08-2013, 03:12 AM
@ jolz

remember the slingers vs. air 21 game in singapore a few years back?

reamily
07-08-2013, 03:32 AM
Lots of new names for Taiwan A. Where are guys like Jet Chang and Wu Tai Hao?

its the same team.. Chang Hsung Chien is the chinese name of jet chang.. Yang Chi minh is longtime nt mainstay. Chen shin cheh (the no. 8 jj alejandro look alike) should be the no. 1 point guard of taiwan not lee Hsueh lin..
Wu tai hao did not play lu cheng ju and creighton still there..

gonfreaks
07-08-2013, 03:55 AM
Bro, Haddadi is currently with Phoeninx Suns...

***forgot to read that this was the 2005 roster..my bad :)

No, the Phoenix Suns have waived Hadaddi.. He was now a free agent..

CKR13
07-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Japan playing a good first quarter to keep pace against the size of Egypt. 24-21 Japan End of 1st QT.

jolz
07-08-2013, 06:56 AM
No, the Phoenix Suns have waived Hadaddi.. He was now a free agent..

aww..Tnx for the info bro

jolz
07-08-2013, 06:56 AM
@ jolz

remember the slingers vs. air 21 game in singapore a few years back?

oh yeah!!! Homer Se never backed down :)

shiro
07-08-2013, 07:08 AM
what is the result of japan and egypt please?

CKR13
07-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Egypt leads 38-33 at half-time.

shiro
07-08-2013, 07:36 AM
thanks alot bro but can u give me the final result?

CKR13
07-08-2013, 07:39 AM
thanks alot bro but can u give me the final result?

You can check later once game is over. http://2013wjc.basketball-tpe.org/files/600-1008-96.php

CKR13
07-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Japan now 0-3.

reamily
07-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Japan now 0-3.

1 more lost then Japan should press that button as they don't want 2009 to happen all over again..

gazara
07-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Lebanon Will Face Taiwan A After (Korea-USA Game)
Hopefully with a Win
Elie Stephan (195-SG) Will not Play due to an injury and he will play after 3 Days (Recovery)

JAMSKIE
07-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Korea lead USA 41-29 at halftime.

Can't help but marvel at how crisp the Koreans' passing game is. Which is really a trademark of Korean basketball. Passing & 3-point shooting-those are what the Koreans do best.

bhinov
07-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Not sure if Korea is that good or this year's US Team just really suck.

engwan
07-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Not sure if Korea is good or this year's US Team just really suck.

Yeah, Korea now up by 20.

Anyone who watched the game care to comment? hehe

ImB
07-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Not sure if Korea is that good or this year's US Team just really suck.

Its more on the latter. Korea is Korea so you expect the crisp passing and outside shooting and this is what is currently happening in the game. Team US could not connect, lots of TO, no clear go to guy.

Game is not over though as there is still fourth quarter to go.

CKR13
07-08-2013, 12:06 PM
South Korea just denied the baseline against USA that loves to set up atop the arc. Every screen by US is countered by a quick ball trap and Korea rotates back to a 2-3 box zone that quickly covers the exposed L-corners whenever you trap a high pick and roll.

Moon Tae-Young playing well against athletic defenders. He will either shoot at a high percentage or at a low percentage, same when he was with Changwon as well as Ulsan.

crush
07-08-2013, 12:13 PM
very unlikely of japan at this stage before fiba-asia, could they be playing possum?
ct playing well with davis
lebanon still deadly
jordan struggling to grope competitive form
iran and korea...well they are still damn good

haven't watch any jones cup games so far...just basing my opinions from the forum comments

ImB
07-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Game is getting physical and interesting...USA down 5 with 3 mins

mavrick_h
07-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Finally I can comment in the forum.

Can someone please the first post with all the schedule and the results?
Thank you.

Another thing why the games are delayed today?