Lebanese Mixed Martial Arts Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanese Mixed Martial Arts Federation

Even though it's off Topic of Basketball, thought i'd share the news in here!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There has been official talks lately to launch a Lebanese Mixed Martial Arts Federation, finally the federation is a reality and will be working under the umbrella of the Lebanese Wrestling Federation.
    I had the honor of being named a member of the Development committee and believe it or not, after 48 Hours only from the Federation being formed a meeting was held and the guidelines of what will serve as the Region's largest professional Mixed Martial Arts promotion were set.
    Xtreme Cage Fighting Championship, promises to be the region's largest promotion with aims to attract international fighters to take part of this quarterly held championship.
    This serves i believe as the first ever Professional Sports Promotion that works fully on contractual basis and pays a good sum of money for fighters (Fighters will be getting between 2500 "Prelims Card" all the way to 8000 USD "Main Card" along side with bonuses such as "Fight of the night, K.O of the night & Submission of the night".
    We have established contacts with 3 Lebanese well known fighters, 2 of them who are part of the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship - The World's largest promotion) which are Mustafa Al Turk & John Makdessi, along side with a Lebanese Fighter who fought in South Africa and is based in Dubai which is Abdullah Abu Hamdan.
    9 Sponsors so far are interested in being part of this Promotion and this actually shows that whenever you decide to work professionally, sponsors will be interested in you!
    The first Fight Night (XCFC1) is expected in March and the Venue is yet to be decided.
    The fight Card is expected to have 12 Bouts (7 Prelims & 5 Main Card) with:
    - 5 Lebanese Fighters
    - 3 Brazilian Fighters (Amongst them are 1 Previous World Bantamweight Champion)
    - 3 Japanese Fighters
    (Those are so far the confirmed contracts), we are still working on contracts with American, Australian, Possible Arab, Iranian & Canadian Fighters.

We are so excited to deliver something professional, something that would show the other side of sports in our country.

I will keep you posted on every update that goes within the federation and within XCFC!

P.S: Federation's members average age is 28, the president is actually younger than me and holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & All key members of the Federation are actual Martial Artists, which made it easier for everyone to function!
    http://www.sportsmanagementworldwide.com/

That's great news Fadi and congrats for getting appointed as a member of the federation ! Here in the UAE there is quite a big fan base (many of them are Lebanese fans living in the UAE) for such kind of events and I hope the Lebanese Mixed Martial Arts Federation can pull off something like the the Abu Dhabi Fighting Championship (ADFC) who were able to bring the legendary Bob Sapp
    Last edited by Khalid80; 09-30-2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I wonder if the so called Philippines-Lebanon rivalry in basketball could also spill into MMA. Seriously, I think you're fighters are big and brawny.

Back when I was in the Philippines, my brother and I used to watch the URCC and PXC bouts.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
        That's great news Fadi and congrats for getting appointed as a member of the federation ! Here in the UAE there is quite a big fan base (many of them are Lebanese fans living in the UAE) for such kind of events and I hope the Lebanese Mixed Martial Arts Federation can pull off something like the the Abu Dhabi Fighting Championship (ADFC) who were able to bring the legendary Bob Sapp
        Thanks Khaled, yet my aim is to Reach the BBALL federation one day, bass akid not as long as old stoned minded people are calling shots!
        Actually, even though we do not have the similar financial support that ADFC has, yet the enthusiasm, experience and motivation that everyone is going through at the moment is enough! And i do promise, that within the first year of holding the promotion, we will be competing head to head with ADFC!
        rather than bringing legends, our main aim is to produce local legends (Through MMA Gyms that will be supported by the federation and will open all around) and export them to international promotions such as UFC, Bellator, EFC...

I wonder if the so called Philippines-Lebanon rivalry in basketball could also spill into MMA. Seriously, I think you're fighters are big and brawny.
        Back when I was in the Philippines, my brother and I used to watch the URCC and PXC bouts.
        Ah i would definitely bow for the Philippines in boxing, Mani Paquiao is certainly a one time never again fighter, this man simply amazes everyone and i would be more than happy for a bout between him and Mayweather to take place!
        As for MMA, Philippines did produce some nice caliber fighters, we are yet to see them shining in the UFC and International Promotions.
        Lebanon wise, John Makdessi is on a 4-0 (UFC) winning strike and will be taking part of the coming UFC 140! URCC is very well known and i was in contact with them to share fighters for development purposes, let's hope we can pull something out of this!

Comment

The lebanese national team is now playing a tournament in jordan. My coach is over there (aly makhzoum). I am actually a thaiboxing player and had several trainings with the national team (not a member yet ... hopefully in the near future) Once i recover from my injury (dislocated shoulder) i am really interested in MMA. Gd luck fadi
          Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

Originally posted by leb-basket View Post
            The lebanese national team is now playing a tournament in jordan. My coach is over there (aly makhzoum). I am actually a thaiboxing player and had several trainings with the national team (not a member yet ... hopefully in the near future) Once i recover from my injury (dislocated shoulder) i am really interested in MMA. Gd luck fadi
            Thx Mate,

U mean the Lebanese Thai Boxing National Team right? because there's still nothing such as a MMA National Team, actually you can't get a MMA National team since there is no specific calibers on how to join!

Get ur injury done and we'll be glad to have you within an Undercard in an event, you can test your skills with another fighter inside the cage!

Comment

Originally posted by fadiserhal View Post
              Thx Mate,

U mean the Lebanese Thai Boxing National Team right? because there's still nothing such as a MMA National Team, actually you can't get a MMA National team since there is no specific calibers on how to join!

Get ur injury done and we'll be glad to have you within an Undercard in an event, you can test your skills with another fighter inside the cage!
              they went through the thaiboxing federation but they are actually participating in an mma tournament. Few of them are thaiboxing players. I know some of these players. They are mix of kung fu sanda, thaiboxing ...
              Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

Originally posted by fadiserhal View Post
                As for MMA, Philippines did produce some nice caliber fighters, we are yet to see them shining in the UFC and International Promotions.
                Lebanon wise, John Makdessi is on a 4-0 (UFC) winning strike and will be taking part of the coming UFC 140! URCC is very well known and i was in contact with them to share fighters for development purposes, let's hope we can pull something out of this!
                I think there are some Philipino MMA fighters in the UFC like "The Filipino Wrecking Machine" Mark Muñoz (8-2) and "The Filipino Phenom" Eddie Yagin (0-1) who just lost his debut in recent UFC 135. By the way, I think John Makdessi is 2-0 (UFC) only.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information