PDA

View Full Version : ~~ The Lebanese National Team 2013 ~~

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

khaledlebanon
09-23-2011, 07:05 PM
So now we are out of Asia 2011..

What are the plans for the Future?
Which players should stay, which players should be called back & what about the Youth Players that are capable of playing in 2 years for our NT?

`Current Roster:

Rodrigue
Miguel
Moe Ibrahim
Galeb
Jean
Elie S
Abboudy
Jad Bitar
Ali Kanan
B.Bawji
C.Tabet
S.Hoskins

`Injured Players:
Elie Rustom
Ali Mahmoud
Daniel Faris
Roy Smaha

`Not called Players:
Matt
Rony
Mazen
Amir Soud
Ahmad Ibrahim
Omar Al-Turk
etc…

& Fadi Al-Khatib!

So What do u think?

karim111
09-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I think the players that could be called to the national team in 2013 are:

Ali mahmoud
joe accaoui
rodrigue akel
J P khoury
Roy ghantous

ahmad ibrahim
Fadi el khatib
amir saoud (if he keep improving that way)
Jean abdel nour
Elie roustom

Basel bawji
Samer ozeir
daniel fares
matt freiji
ali kanaan
charle tabet

and a naturalised player

NB: we will definitely discover some new talents
in the next 2 years

lebanese NT
09-23-2011, 09:34 PM
So now we are out of Asia 2011..

What are the plans for the Future?
Which players should stay, which players should be called back & what about the Youth Players that are capable of playing in 2 years for our NT?

`Current Roster:

Rodrigue
Miguel
Moe Ibrahim
Galeb
Jean
Elie S
Abboudy
Jad Bitar
Ali Kanan
B.Bawji
C.Tabet
S.Hoskins

`Injured Players:
Elie Rustom
Ali Mahmoud
Daniel Faris
Roy Smaha

`Not called Players:
Matt
Rony
Mazen
Amir Soud
Ahmad Ibrahim
Omar Al-Turk
etc…

& Fadi Al-Khatib!

So What do u think?

the players that i think must be out are mohamad ibrahim, miguel martinez ghaleb rida, aboudy el ferekh , jad bitar and sam hoskin ( he is good but too old and we need a better foreigner)
in : ali mahmoud, fadi el khatib, daniel fares, elie rustom,ahmad ibrahim ( i think he would have became more mature by then ) and a very high caliber foreigner.

daniab
09-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Trust me its not about players, those can come and go, but its about planning, working hard and aspiring ... the rise of the Lebanese basketball in the past 10 years did not come all of sudden, it was a result of hard work whether individually or collectively, it came after investing big moneyon the league first and the national team second. But don't you think that things have change? had you ever notice before our NT preparing with 100k budge? even in our worst days, we used to go camping in Europe like Cyprus... but what abt now? we dont have 40k to go to jones cup... you blame the federation yeah i do, you blame the government i do as well, but im afraid to say that our objectives aren't as big as it used to be and this is what makes me pessimistic about our future, the potential is always there, everyday we are discovering new talents whether in Leb or abroad, but the difference is that we dont have the money anymore, Kakhia was aspired, he always wanted to make big, he even brought the Asian Championship, Stankovic, Arab tournament to Lebanon? did you ask yourself why? bc he wanted to revive the game, he wanted to bring the fans back to support their NTs for the first time on their homesoil, this was rarely happening, and he convinced Al-Jazeera network to broadcast the game lol, do you believe that? he brought sponsors to the league, like we never did before, but what was the result? a big political combine surrounded him to get rid of him.
Again, its not about players, its about the investment, our game had always been supported by individuals, and when those individuals leave, it will fall.. this is the sad truth.

khaledlebanon
09-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Trust me its not about players, those can come and go, but its about planning, working hard and aspiring ... the rise of the Lebanese basketball in the past 10 years did not come all of sudden, it was a result of hard work whether individually or collectively, it came after investing big moneyon the league first and the national team second. But don't you think that things have change? had you ever notice before our NT preparing with 100k budge? even in our worst days, we used to go camping in Europe like Cyprus... but what abt now? we dont have 40k to go to jones cup... you blame the federation yeah i do, you blame the government i do as well, but im afraid to say that our objectives aren't as big as it used to be and this is what makes me pessimistic about our future, the potential is always there, everyday we are discovering new talents whether in Leb or abroad, but the difference is that we dont have the money anymore, Kakhia was aspired, he always wanted to make big, he even brought the Asian Championship, Stankovic, Arab tournament to Lebanon? did you ask yourself why? bc he wanted to revive the game, he wanted to bring the fans back to support their NTs for the first time on their homesoil, this was rarely happening, and he convinced Al-Jazeera network to broadcast the game lol, do you believe that? he brought sponsors to the league, like we never did before, but what was the result? a big political combine surrounded him to get rid of him.
Again, its not about players, its about the investment, our game had always been supported by individuals, and when those individuals leave, it will fall.. this is the sad truth.

hey dany..

do u think there is a chance that this federation will be changed? or @ least they will work & try to get the money that we need to prepare NT in the future?

What about Ghassan Sarkis? do u think he will change his mind & call players like rony, matt & ahmad ibrahim next time?

thx salaf :)

Bernard
09-24-2011, 10:14 AM
hey dany..

do u think there is a chance that this federation will be changed? or @ least they will work & try to get the money that we need to prepare NT in the future?

What about Ghassan Sarkis? do u think he will change his mind & call players like rony, matt & ahmad ibrahim next time?

thx salaf :)

u still think that its not time yet to talk about changing the federation????...this is the WORSE humiliation ever for the NT...specially after proving more n more that lebanese coaches r crap to lead a NT, coz naturally our lebanese mentality is special and "3al hawa sawa" & not at all serious !!...how is it if it was GHASSAM SARKIS....the "improvise" tactics...n street ball all star game game of his...he is NOT professional!!! "."

i said it before n will always say it:
- coach tab baldwin shouldnt have left the NT at all !!!!!!...
- a naturalized player is an investment and an asset...not an expense that can be bought any time !!!
- &^%^&**(@# this federation and the current corrupt ppl inside it, along with ghassan stupid sarkis..let him wake up ba2a...hes not a good coach...if he is, then y couldnt he achieve anytg with champville or any other team after sagesse (need not to remind u, sagesse was an all star team!!)!!!!!!!!
anywa b zyede 3le being a club coach....never ever hand him a NT!!!!...from the men NT downward!!!

look at jordan now...waw......impressive team....we let tab baldwin go our hands....lik THE WORSE WORDS on barakat's face wouldnt b enough to say and describe him...corrupt ppl...along with sarkis... tfeh

congrats jordam for ur final qualification!!! u deserved it!!

Long Live Lebanon!!(Except All the Politicians!!)

babdelkader
09-24-2011, 12:18 PM
guys don't u think we were always facing the problem of preparation before every single championship, and we uused to do good results ?
in 2006 Lebanon was under destruction, and the players went to the WC in diferent ways before ressemblance, and we managed to beat venzuela and france ?
why not say that we hadn't good talented players this time ?
why not admitting that our offense sucks, without any player who knows to shoot with good average ?
why not saying that Ghassan didn't manage to collect good players ? and why not admit to say that GS have no idea who to create a system ?

nway, everything should be discussed after this AC, we can't drop a team, and bring out a new team with B level, and make wishes and hopes.
that's too fair for our retarded mentality, or Ghassan's one, someone tell him that's not the way to build a fresh team.
let him see Tab Baldwin and the Jordanian federation plan to do so. don't let him play the role of god of knowledge in BBal...to save our ass in the next championships.

Khalid80
09-24-2011, 01:08 PM

Dany from what I am reading from your post it seems that getting a descent budget for our future NT will remain to be a big problem :(

Is it possible that we might not be able to host the 2013 Asian Championship because of this as well? I really hope not :(

micho
09-24-2011, 03:55 PM
if we wanted to make a new team of youngsters we should have waited till the end of this tournament and started with a brand new team and see the results at asian cup 2013 not create a new team a month before the asian cup..hayda mech chegel ...we see the jordanian national team the way they played and they realy deserve to get the cup ... and we all know that we can beat each and every team in this cup but we didn't ... a new team with only 2 weeks of preparations .. ma3ley a new team needs at least 1 year of preparations for such tournaments

gazara
09-24-2011, 04:10 PM
our Roster Should include :

1-Ali Mahmoud
2-Fadi El Khatib
3-Roni Fahed
4-Rodrigue Akl
5-Daniel Faris
6-Elias Restom
7-Jean Abdel Nour
8-Ghaleb Rida
9-Ali Kanaan
10-Bassel Bawji
11-Ahmad Ibrahim
12-Very Good Naturalized player !

daniab
09-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Dany from what I am reading from your post it seems that getting a descent budget for our future NT will remain to be a big problem :(

Is it possible that we might not be able to host the 2013 Asian Championship because of this as well? I really hope not :(

Khalid, from the way i see it, we will not host anything, its just some claims by the federation to assure that they didn't let the 2011 championship go without any return, and after a while they do the same.
The ones running our federation now are very weak, they cant even get some sponsors to the game, they dont know how to promote and get money!
In conclusion, with this federation, yeah the budget issue is gonna be a big problem!

khaledlebanon
09-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Khalid, from the way i see it, we will not host anything, its just some claims by the federation to assure that they didn't let the 2011 championship go without any return, and after a while they do the same.
The ones running our federation now are very weak, they cant even get some sponsors to the game, they dont know how to promote and get money!
In conclusion, with this federation, yeah the budget issue is gonna be a big problem!

Dani, any chance that this federation will resign?

Bernard
09-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Dani, any chance that this federation will resign?

Kakhia was the only person (after the beloved Choureiry of course ~RIP~) who showed some dedication for the Lebanese Basketball and SPECIALLY FOR THE NT !!!!!!!!!!!!.....he should be brought back as the FLB president surrounding with ex-players as federation official members.

ya khayyeh maybe ppl didnt want him to shine and build a name for himself that he was the reason why Lebanon made some achievements!!!.... thats why they fought him and made new elections to choose the stupid, basketball illeterate : "barakat" , and ruin the Lebanese basketball and the 12 to 13 years of great achievements !!!
YES !! Kakhia did care about the NT !! he was spending money as much as he can, and getting some good sponsors or donations from the contacts he knows !!!.....
at lease he built a good team after choosing the RIGHT coach, who was left behind after the birth of the !@#%$@# up federation !!!

some ppl here say that its not the federation to blame !...well i say to these ppl u r so blind !!

choosing the wrong coach (specially a lebanese coach and sadly Ghassan Sarkis (awsakh 3alam)...), and above all, replacing an amazing coach such as Tab Baldwin with him.... well this also proves a sign of corruption and failure!!

investing in T Baldwin for 5 years was an amazing thing Kakhia did (for the long term) and Barakat demolished; if he failed with the NT becoz he handled the NT 50 days before the world championship and after khatib facing some problems with the federation as well as other players bcoz of their stupid and childish ego not wanting to play with the NT... well its not baldwin to blame, it was the players that time and at some point the logistic mistakes by the federation. (which was unfortunately : leaving evtg till the last second)

Kakhia was doing his best in getting as much Lebanese abroad players as he can!!...and he did succeed !!....halla2 some of these players were acting professional (matt) and some were more patriotic (billy) anyway thats not the point.

the whole point is that Kakhia showed care and interest in the NT and ppl didnt want that to happen for the sake of some personal benefits.

didnt anyone notice that Sam Hoskin signed with Champville ?!?! after the naturliazation issue ?!?!....wow !! what a coincidence ya ghassan sarkis !!..... hehehe... i'll leave ur imagination figure out the scenario...

GS is known to make deals with players and benefitting from this issue, maybe few of u know that... and when he loses, he starts blaming the players since he doesnt play any system, kello improvise and street ball based on individual skills!!!...
i said it before and i will say it again : Ghassan Sarkis had an ALL STAR TEAM back in the late 90's.... with money raining on the team... so minimum he will build a name for himself... :o

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians!!)

micho
09-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Kakhia was the only person (after the beloved Choureiry of course ~RIP~) who showed some dedication for the Lebanese Basketball and SPECIALLY FOR THE NT !!!!!!!!!!!!.....he should be brought back as the FLB president surrounding with ex-players as federation official members.

ya khayyeh maybe ppl didnt want him to shine and build a name for himself that he was the reason why Lebanon made some achievements!!!.... thats why they fought him and made new elections to choose the stupid, basketball illeterate : "barakat" , and ruin the Lebanese basketball and the 12 to 13 years of great achievements !!!
YES !! Kakhia did care about the NT !! he was spending money as much as he can, and getting some good sponsors or donations from the contacts he knows !!!.....
at lease he built a good team after choosing the RIGHT coach, who was left behind after the birth of the !@#%$@# up federation !!!

some ppl here say that its not the federation to blame !...well i say to these ppl u r so blind !!

choosing the wrong coach (specially a lebanese coach and sadly Ghassan Sarkis (awsakh 3alam)...), and above all, replacing an amazing coach such as Tab Baldwin with him.... well this also proves a sign of corruption and failure!!

investing in T Baldwin for 5 years was an amazing thing Kakhia did (for the long term) and Barakat demolished; if he failed with the NT becoz he handled the NT 50 days before the world championship and after khatib facing some problems with the federation as well as other players bcoz of their stupid and childish ego not wanting to play with the NT... well its not baldwin to blame, it was the players that time and at some point the logistic mistakes by the federation. (which was unfortunately : leaving evtg till the last second)

Kakhia was doing his best in getting as much Lebanese abroad players as he can!!...and he did succeed !!....halla2 some of these players were acting professional (matt) and some were more patriotic (billy) anyway thats not the point.

the whole point is that Kakhia showed care and interest in the NT and ppl didnt want that to happen for the sake of some personal benefits.

didnt anyone notice that Sam Hoskin signed with Champville ?!?! after the naturliazation issue ?!?!....wow !! what a coincidence ya ghassan sarkis !!..... hehehe... i'll leave ur imagination figure out the scenario...

GS is known to make deals with players and benefitting from this issue, maybe few of u know that... and when he loses, he starts blaming the players since he doesnt play any system, kello improvise and street ball based on individual skills!!!...
i said it before and i will say it again : Ghassan Sarkis had an ALL STAR TEAM back in the late 90's.... with money raining on the team... so minimum he will build a name for himself... :o

90 % true

babdelkader
09-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Ali Kanaan just missed 2 free throws!!!
does this player deserve to be in an NT ????
just the same for Sam Hosikn and Moe Ibrahm...
Ghaleb is on bench, he is now Ahmad Ibrahim number 2 case ;)

thelebanese80
09-25-2011, 12:23 PM
If i was the coach my team will be:

Ali Mahmoud
Rodrigue Akel
Joey Accaoui

Fady el Khatib
Ahmad Ibrahim
Elias Restum
Jean Abdel nour
Bassel Bawji
Ali Haidar

Matt freije
Ali Kanaan
Charles Tabet
Daniel Fares
C (pure 5/ vroman/ hoskin)

14 players.. 2 of them will be eliminated bcz of injuries or bad performance.

what do you think?

Bernard
09-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Ali Kanaan just missed 2 free throws!!!
does this player deserve to be in an NT ????
just the same for Sam Hosikn and Moe Ibrahm...
Ghaleb is on bench, he is now Ahmad Ibrahim number 2 case ;)

Ali Can help us a lot...he is way better than Roy Smaha.... missing 2 FT doesnt judge his performance at all !!!!!

Ghaleb on the bench !?!?! its a normal action from the Amazing ghassan... one of his definite excuses is gona be blaming Ghaleb for his losses, just like what happened with Ahmad Ibrahim with the U18 NT (as if he doesnt know Ghaleb is a selfish player, and as if he did coach seriously the U18 NT....)

Sam Hoskin was a deal for GS's benefit

Moh Ibrahim, he is a good bench player.

ElieEk
09-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Ali Can help us a lot...he is way better than Roy Smaha.... missing 2 FT doesnt judge his performance at all !!!!!

Ghaleb on the bench !?!?! its a normal action from the Amazing ghassan... one of his definite excuses is gona be blaming Ghaleb for his losses, just like what happened with Ahmad Ibrahim with the U18 NT (as if he doesnt know Ghaleb is a selfish player, and as if he did coach seriously the U18 NT....)

Sam Hoskin was a deal for GS's benefit

Moh Ibrahim, he is a good bench player.

what kind of smart peoples are you ? it's enough reading your ridiculous quote about NT and about Sarkis ! Ghaleb on the bench !?!?! Oh are you so surprised ? Don't be my dear ! What do you expect from Sarkis to do with such player , he did his worse performance ever (2/9 and 1/8 on 3 pts and 14 , 22 % on 2 pts) , you are waiting anything to blame and offense Ghassan Sarkis . Sorry but it's not a professional way of writing from an active member in such forums , it's kid way of blaming and offending . It seems like you have a personal or political problem with this coach.

Secondly , are you really talking about Sam Hoskin :O (32,33,37,40 pts and average of 30 points in each game and 10 rebounds ??? And 52 % of Field Goals !!! ) What the hell you are talking about , What kind of professional player are you expecting with 30K $ . I'm sure you didn't watch any game for the NT.

mavrick_h
09-25-2011, 11:20 PM
well it's too early to know what will happen until then as well as it's nearly impossible to know which player could be in the final 12.

we are talking here a lot of valuable things and sharing a lot successful ideas, but who's listening ? and who cares ? probably no one from the officials. which is even more sad.

we need to change the mentality at first. look at Matic and Baldwin for what they have done !
well my bet is nothing will happen until 2013 since next year our NT doesn't have any activities first time in many years (another resting summer for Fadi :p), and probably the NT will gather in july 2013 facing the same problems that we had before and during the AC 2011.

mavrick_h
09-25-2011, 11:55 PM
what kind of smart peoples are you ? it's enough reading your ridiculous quote about NT and about Sarkis ! Ghaleb on the bench !?!?! Oh are you so surprised ? Don't be my dear ! What do you expect from Sarkis to do with such player , he did his worse performance ever (2/9 and 1/8 on 3 pts and 14 , 22 % on 2 pts) , you are waiting anything to blame and offense Ghassan Sarkis . Sorry but it's not a professional way of writing from an active member in such forums , it's kid way of blaming and offending . It seems like you have a personal or political problem with this coach.

Secondly , are you really talking about Sam Hoskin :O (32,33,37,40 pts and average of 30 points in each game and 10 rebounds ??? And 52 % of Field Goals !!! ) What the hell you are talking about , What kind of professional player are you expecting with 30K $ . I'm sure you didn't watch any game for the NT.

all i can see Ghaleb was picked from Sarkis so Ghassan should expect the good and the bad from every player he picked and in both ways it's his judgement is to be blamed. You can never ever blame a player for his playing actions on court. Ghaleb was the bravest player after Sam Huskin to take responsibility and trying to create some plays for the sake of the team. he could have one bad day give him a break dude.

for the record Sam 5th Overall 16.3 ppg also 5th Overall in rpg 10.1 3rd in FG % with 52.8 %

Khalid80
09-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I know this is OT but one of the main reasons why Smart Gilas (Philippines NT) has greatly improved was because of the support that they have received from Manny V. Pangilinan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_V._Pangilinan)(also called MVP)... He is a big businessman who loves basketball (sort of like what President Choueiry (RIP) was for us)... and to some extent President Kekhia.

This is an article (http://www.philstar.com/sportsarticle.aspx?publicationsubcategoryid=200&articleid=731166&keyword=sp_pba) mentioning that he will continue supporting the bball program in Philippines until they achieve their goal and that is qualifying to the Olympics.

I really hope we can find someone in Lebanon who is willing to support our NT like this because at the end of the day and as we saw from our results in China, $$$ makes a huge difference when it comes down to budget preparations and organizing the best training programs and camps for any NT. Time is the other vital entity that we always abuse and not respect when it comes to our preparation.

Khaled-Salloum
09-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Well guys i guess that Gassan should consider watching " Ndudi Ebi " who could be a big addition to the national he's a good re bounder and a perfect scorer, also i hope you can consider bringing back Ahmad Ibrahim he is more professional now and a new " Fady Alkhatib " because of his high scoring, and if we can work on Thiago Maalouf's skills we can benifit alot from his huge body, i guess there are a lot of great talents but we must evolve them.

CKR13
09-30-2011, 04:16 AM
Ebi is also a good interior defender. Ebi uses his wingspan to block shots on a challenge or a help-defense basis. While that wingspan is also put to use on hooks and dunks in the offense.

mavrick_h
09-30-2011, 07:25 AM
Well guys i guess that Gassan should consider watching " Ndudi Ebi " who could be a big addition to the national he's a good re bounder and a perfect scorer, also i hope you can consider bringing back Ahmad Ibrahim he is more professional now and a new " Fady Alkhatib " because of his high scoring, and if we can work on Thiago Maalouf's skills we can benifit alot from his huge body, i guess there are a lot of great talents but we must evolve them.

hey Khaled welcome aboard ;)

Ebi is gonna play in the league this year with Anibal Zahle. It's a great place to watch carefully the guy his CV looks interesting but let's see how he can perform.
About Ahmad if GS stays on the head of the NT, the chances to see Ahmad is near to 0.1 %. They have personal problems together as things didn't go well last year with the U-18 AC when Ghassan was coaching the U-18 NT.

As for Thiago i think it's very hard to see something from the guy i've heard Champville already let him go back to Brazil.

mavrick_h
09-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Ebi is also a good interior defender. Ebi uses his wingspan to block shots on a challenge or a help-defense basis. While that wingspan is also put to use on hooks and dunks in the offense.

thanks for the info :)

CKR13
09-30-2011, 07:51 AM
thanks for the info :)

No need to thank me though. Nothing new to what I said. Ebi is a good player who once played alongside Kevin Garnett in Minnesota. I think Ebi learned a couple of tricks on defense with KG.

Besides, I wish the best for your national team in the future.

Khaled-Salloum
09-30-2011, 10:33 AM
hey Khaled welcome aboard ;)

Ebi is gonna play in the league this year with Anibal Zahle. It's a great place to watch carefully the guy his CV looks interesting but let's see how he can perform.
About Ahmad if GS stays on the head of the NT, the chances to see Ahmad is near to 0.1 %. They have personal problems together as things didn't go well last year with the U-18 AC when Ghassan was coaching the U-18 NT.

As for Thiago i think it's very hard to see something from the guy i've heard Champville already let him go back to Brazil.

Thnx bro, well GS might have to change his perspectives for the sake of our team, let's talk logic non of our current squad is a " Great Scorer " who can give you a 25+ pts per match, Jaun is sometimes struggling while Ghaleb shoots 10/50 if not less as an average :P and Sam is over ratted he's been looking good because the others look bad and i guess he was not a big addition to our team, Ebi is certainly a player to watch and he will probably lead Anibal with Jay to the Semis if not to the finals, i have sources telling me that Ahmad Ibrahim has become more professional and will shine in the next 1-2 seasons we must benefit from him as a new leader and a shinning star, hope GS will sacrifice to push our team forward, as for Thiago i guess it's a big loss coz we dnt usually get players that tall accept for the other 218 guy whom we missed lately, too bad for the money lost on bringing average X NBA names and not creating a league to help improve big talents, let's hope we can someday make it!!!! If our hopes stands on having players such as " Nadim Hawi " :P or " Mo Ibrahim " in our NT it would be a disaster wake up GS and start working!!!!!!

Khaled-Salloum
10-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Guys :D from a very close source to coach GS Ahmad Ibrahim will be back to the national team very soon :D looks like coach Ghassan is changing his mind about a lot of tactics, he needs his chance so lets put the last Asian games behind us and support him, we'r gona make it nshalla :)

Khalid80
10-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Guys :D from a very close source to coach GS Ahmad Ibrahim will be back to the national team very soon :D looks like coach Ghassan is changing his mind about a lot of tactics, he needs his chance so lets put the last Asian games behind us and support him, we'r gona make it nshalla :)

Maybe next summer Ahmad will join the team Inshallah. Right now though the NCAA season will start in November so for sure he can't join the NT until the end of his academic year.

lebanese phoenix
10-08-2011, 05:31 PM
guys, i should've mentioned this earlier but i forgot.
The federation is currently negotiating with the great business Nehmat Frenn (president of the Sanita company and president of the chamber of commerce) as well as some other lebanese businessmen and manufacturers.
anyways, it seems they're working to secure a good budget for 2012-2013, the theme will be "made in Lebanon" (souni3a fi Loubnan), the national team jersey will hold ads for lebanese products like Sanita...
i think this is a great step specially that Nehme Frenn seems to be willing to pay big for these ads, so hopefully we can have a few millions to finance our preparations in 2013:)

Bernard
10-09-2011, 07:39 AM
The federation is currently negotiating with the great business Nehmat Frenn (president of the Sanita company and president of the chamber of commerce) as well as some other lebanese businessmen and manufacturers.
anyways, it seems they're working to secure a good budget for 2012-2013, the theme will be "made in Lebanon" (souni3a fi Loubnan), the national team jersey will hold ads for lebanese products like Sanita...
i think this is a great step specially that Nehme Frenn seems to be willing to pay big for these ads, so hopefully we can have a few millions to finance our preparations in 2013:)

KHER......
lets c what they can do...im still wondering though how they r still in control and havent resigned yet.....bas they r truly rude (bala 7aya bil 3arabe l mshabra7) :cool:

Bernard
10-09-2011, 07:45 AM

in my opinion they (or the next new federation) should go to dubai (emirates airlines), abu dhabi (ettihad) or qatar (qatar airways) to sponsor the event...
coz in the end i dont c any positive sign from lebanese business men...(what a shame)

check out the Lebanese Rugby NT... they signed the deal with Ettihad to sponsor them in the world cup qualification... this is a small federation, and take a look at the sponsor they got...

this FLB should resign ASAP with no questions asked.
plus cant u c that all our stars are not willing to play for the NT becoz of the federation and the appointed coach ?! :confused:

No comments wlo...eft shi bi arref ! :mad:

babdelkader
10-09-2011, 05:58 PM
in my opinion they (or the next new federation) should go to dubai (emirates airlines), abu dhabi (ettihad) or qatar (qatar airways) to sponsor the event...
coz in the end i dont c any positive sign from lebanese business men...(what a shame)

check out the Lebanese Rugby NT... they signed the deal with Ettihad to sponsor them in the world cup qualification... this is a small federation, and take a look at the sponsor they got...

this FLB should resign ASAP with no questions asked.
plus cant u c that all our stars are not willing to play for the NT becoz of the federation and the appointed coach ?! :confused:

No comments wlo...eft shi bi arref ! :mad:

man check this one http://www.elnashrasports.com/news/show/48462 it has good news, for u especially ;)

mavrick_h
12-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Where are we from preparing for PAN Arab games ?

It occurs to me that nothing has changed. And our teams are getting funded from Istiklal tournament on the NT back.

really ?

leb-basket
12-01-2011, 11:03 PM
both the coach and the federation should be changed as soon as possible ! or else expect more bad results starting from this PAN arab tournament!

Bernard
12-04-2011, 06:52 AM
both the coach and the federation should be changed as soon as possible ! or else expect more bad results starting from this PAN arab tournament!

u really think so !?...... i mean now ?!?! .... lol
its damn too late... better not to pariticipate in the pan arab man...we will be smashed by UAE for sure....

leb-basket
12-04-2011, 10:39 AM
u really think so !?...... i mean now ?!?! .... lol
its damn too late... better not to pariticipate in the pan arab man...we will be smashed by UAE for sure....

i thought and said that long time ago but i was just replying on mavrick_h's post

Bernard
12-05-2011, 06:44 AM
i thought and said that long time ago but i was just replying on mavrick_h's post

i know man, i did too... but i was just replying ironically... on the situation not ur post... its really a shame !!
if we dont win the basketball competition in the Pan arab in Doha, ya3neh there will be no other excuse for the federation to resign...and if we win it, the federation will consider it as a huge achievement...WAAW lol :)

anyways all the best for our players in the competition !

khaledlebanon
12-13-2011, 01:43 AM
PG's: Ali Mahmoud(28), Rodrigue(22) (3rd PG Amir Souad)
SG's: Fadi(32), Ahmad Ibrahim(19), Amir Souad (20)
SF's: Elie R(24), Jean(27), Matt(30)*
PF's & C's: Basel Bawji (21), Ali Haidar(21), Daniel Faris(24), Sam(32)*

A mix of young & experienced players!
- 7 U-24, 5 experienced players (27-30's).

* We need a 3point shooter in the team.. Matt will be great addition, but he can play under the basket ( use him in the inside game too).. if he's not available? maybe Rony
* if we can naturalize a better/younger player than Sam, would be great to.. (Pure center)
( What do u think about this squad?)

gazara
01-30-2012, 08:27 PM
(Only Opinion)

About our NT , we have noticed that many Players are reaching their peak and they are playing very well due to our Good Level in the league ,we Can See Riyadi on Top in WABL ,Champville 2nd not to miss they are playing with Mahram (3 NT Players ,and 3 Starters ,Mehdi ,Hamed Afagh and Bahrami + 2 Super Imports) and Still it was a very Close Game what if we Put Mahmoud ,Jean ,Khatib as 3 Starter it will change for Sure ,we are really good ,we have 2 Teams at the level of Mahram (Riyadi and Champville) not To Miss Mouttahed who Also Played well ,if they had a very good center and Restom Back they will compete ,also Anibal Won Dubai ...

About the NT Now :

Coach :Ghassan Sarkis (LEB)

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG) (Riyadi Beirut Team)
2-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
3-Ali Kanaan (206-C)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
4-Omar Turk (188-SG)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
5-Amir Saoud (188-PG/SG)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
6-Billy Fares (206-PF)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
7-Elie Stephan (192-SG)(Champville Team)
8-Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)(Champville Team)
10-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(Champville Team)
11-Elias Restom (197-SF)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
12-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
13-Sabah Khoury (196-SF)(Sagesse Beirut)
14-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)(Sagesse Beirut)
15-Daniel Faris (206-C)(Sagesse Beirut)
16-Roy Samaha (206-C)(Anibal Zahle)
17-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)(Anibal Zahle)
18-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)(Anibal Zahle)
19-Charles Tabet (206-C)(Anibal Zahle)
20-Mohammad Hamdar (205-C)(Hoops club)
21-Hussein Khatib (192-SG)(Hoops Club)
22-Nadim Soueid (192-SG)(Bejje Club)
23-Rony Fahed (184-PG)(Abroad Player)
24-Matt Freijie (208-PF)(Abroad Player)
25-Ahmad Ibrahim (199-SF)(Abroad Player)
26-Ali Haidar (202-PF)(Abroad Player)
27-Naturalized Player ,Center Position : Loren Woods (218-C) / Darryl Watkins (211-C) /Cheikh Samb (216-C)

Final 12 :

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
2-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
3-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)
4-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
5-Elie Stephan (192-SG)
6-Elias Restom (197-SF)
7-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
8-Sabah Khoury (196-SF)
9-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)
10-Ali Kanaan (206-C)
11-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)
12-Roy Samaha (206-C)
13-Charles Tabet (206-C)
14-Matt Freijie (208-PF)
15-Naturalized Player

Starting Five:

PG:Ali Mahmoud
SG:Jean Abdel Nour
SF:Fadi El Khatib
PF:Matt Freijie
C:Naturalized Player

What is Your Opinion Guys ???

micho
01-31-2012, 09:55 AM
(Only Opinion)

About our NT , we have noticed that many Players are reaching their peak and they are playing very well due to our Good Level in the league ,we Can See Riyadi on Top in WABL ,Champville 2nd not to miss they are playing with Mahram (3 NT Players ,and 3 Starters ,Mehdi ,Hamed Afagh and Bahrami + 2 Super Imports) and Still it was a very Close Game what if we Put Mahmoud ,Jean ,Khatib as 3 Starter it will change for Sure ,we are really good ,we have 2 Teams at the level of Mahram (Riyadi and Champville) not To Miss Mouttahed who Also Played well ,if they had a very good center and Restom Back they will compete ,also Anibal Won Dubai ...

About the NT Now :

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG) (Riyadi Beirut Team)
2-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
3-Ali Kanaan (206-C)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
4-Omar Turk (188-SG)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
5-Amir Saoud (188-PG/SG)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
6-Billy Fares (206-PF)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
7-Elie Stephan (192-SG)(Champville Team)
8-Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)(Champville Team)
10-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(Champville Team)
11-Elias Restom (197-SF)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
12-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
13-Sabah Khoury (196-SF)(Sagesse Beirut)
14-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)(Sagesse Beirut)
15-Daniel Faris (206-C)(Sagesse Beirut)
16-Roy Samaha (206-C)(Anibal Zahle)
17-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)(Anibal Zahle)
18-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)(Anibal Zahle)
19-Charles Tabet (206-C)(Anibal Zahle)
20-Mohammad Hamdar (205-C)(Hoops club)
21-Hussein Khatib (192-SG)(Hoops Club)
22-Nadim Soueid (192-SG)(Bejje Club)
23-Rony Fahed (184-PG)(Abroad Player)
24-Matt Freijie (208-PF)(Abroad Player)
25-Ahmad Ibrahim (199-SF)(Abroad Player)
26-Ali Haidar (202-PF)(Abroad Player)
27-Naturalized Player ,Center Position : Loren Woods (218-C) / Darryl Watkins (211-C) /Cheikh Samb (216-C)

Final 12 :

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
2-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
3-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)
4-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
5-Elie Stephan (192-SG)
6-Elias Restom (197-SF)
7-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
8-Sabah Khoury (196-SF)
9-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)
10-Ali Kanaan (206-C)
11-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)
12-Roy Samaha (206-C)
13-Charles Tabet (206-C)
14-Matt Freijie (208-PF)
15-Naturalized Player

Starting Five:

PG:Ali Mahmoud
SG:Jean Abdel Nour
PF:Matt Freijie
C:Naturalized Player

What is Your Opinion Guys ???

i agree but i think the naturalized player should be cheikh samb ..he is the best choice right now ..a pure center with a very good outside shot a a beast under the basket

gazara
01-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Cheikh Samb is a very good player but not to miss ,he s not that good on Deffence ,Woods and Watkins better + if u notice he s not that mature on the Court ,he make Silly fouls and make many T.O but doenst mean that he isnt a good player ,he s for sure a Beast that s true ,if anyone will be over his head he will give us a lot ,he s a beast on offence ,but also Watkins is good too !

mavrick_h
01-31-2012, 04:13 PM
guys all these talks are useless.
Samb doesn't want to play with us, Watkins played us last summer & Woods demands a very high salary for a specific number of days.
Also we need to move on regarding Daniel Fares because it seems every time there is an injury when he comes to play here.
Regarding Matt, GS clearly said 'Freije isn't Lebanese' that means for the time being he's out.

gazara
01-31-2012, 05:28 PM
if our federation have Money ,Everything is Possible ! I am ok with you about Matt ,but we have many better players like Bawji ,Samaha ,Kanaan ,and specially that Naturalized player can make impact inside ,Also Jean and Ali ,and they can Be Shooters and the player on Pos 4 (Roy ,Charles ,Kanaan,Bawji ...) can simply be their mission is Deffence !!

rocketstar47
03-11-2012, 03:27 AM
Hello Lebanese fans

What's your latest updates in your NT
i heard Fadi El Khatib will be back in your team

Jackson Vroman is playing here in the PBA's most popular team
the Brgy Ginebra Kings

gazara
03-11-2012, 09:57 AM
yep Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEB) Lebanese NT Captain back to the Team ,and he will lead the team in every tournament
About the Naturalized player ,we didn't decide yet Vroman out from a long time ,we need a Pure 5 in the Team ,maybe in the next Monthes we will negociate :
-Darryl Watkins (211-C)(USA)
-Cheikh Samb (216-C)(SEN)
-Loren Woods (218-C)(USA)

lebanese NT
03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
yep Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEB) Lebanese NT Captain back to the Team ,and he will lead the team in every tournament
About the Naturalized player ,we didn't decide yet Vroman out from a long time ,we need a Pure 5 in the Team ,maybe in the next Monthes we will negociate :
-Darryl Watkins (211-C)(USA)
-Cheikh Samb (216-C)(SEN)
-Loren Woods (218-C)(USA)

i wont take neither. we need a better profile then watkins , and a more dedicated player then loren and cheikh samb. + loren is too old we need an investment for the future and not a 35 years old player.

Bernard
03-13-2012, 08:25 AM
i wont take neither. we need a better profile then watkins , and a more dedicated player then loren and cheikh samb. + loren is too old we need an investment for the future and not a 35 years old player.

totally agree man !!....
but maybe the federation is enjoying putting our NT @ risk and making problems to their chemistry, bcoz they r extremely dedicated to our beloved NT (ironically) !...

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except all the Politicians!!)

heart21
03-28-2012, 07:19 AM
I hope that this summer the new federation will fire coach ghassan sarkis since he proved to us that he is a bad coach by choosing weak players instead of strong players where they are not helping the national team.

If I was a coach,I would choose these players:

1-FADI EL KHATIB

2-RONY FAHED

3-JACKSON VROMAN

4-MATT FREIJE

5-ELIE RUSTOM

6-ALI MAHMOUD

7-JEAN ABDEL NOUR

8-WILLIAM PHARIS

9-DANIEL FARIS

10-AHMAD IBRAHIM

11-ALI KANAAN

12-ALI HAIDAR

13-OMAR AL TURK

14-JULLIAN KHAZZOUH

15-SABAH KHOURY

ElieEk
03-28-2012, 09:35 PM
I hope that this summer the new federation will fire coach ghassan sarkis since he proved to us that he is a bad coach by choosing weak players instead of strong players where they are not helping the national team.

If I was a coach,I would choose these players:

1-FADI EL KHATIB

2-RONY FAHED

3-JACKSON VROMAN

4-MATT FREIJE

5-ELIE RUSTOM

6-ALI MAHMOUD

7-JEAN ABDEL NOUR

8-WILLIAM PHARIS

9-DANIEL FARIS

10-AHMAD IBRAHIM

11-ALI KANAAN

12-ALI HAIDAR

13-OMAR AL TURK

14-JULLIAN KHAZZOUH

15-SABAH KHOURY

this is a good one but let's mention something

fady khatib : 33 years
rony fahed : 31
jackson vroman : 31
matt freiji : 31
elie rustom : 25
ali mahmoud : 29
jean abdel nour : 29
daniel fares :25
ali kanaan : 27
ali haidar is a young one
omar el turk : 31
sabah also 30
so if you leave elie rustom , ali haidar , daniel faris and julian you will reach the world cup (if u will) with a 32, 33 + age team
how you are expecting from these players to run (at least lool) , ma byousalo ma3ak 3al world cup :p , (translate : they couldn't reach the world cup) so at least we should habe a choice of 23 , 24 , 25 age of players with maximum 4 players at 32,33 years old

heart21
03-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Maybe u are right,but don't forget many old star players in the NBA are playing till now,extra ordinary,like steve nash,kobe brayant and many more and don't forgot that we cannot always rely on young players with not enough experience.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

So the starting lineup for next year should be:

5-JULLIAN KHAZZOUH

4-JACKSON VROMAN

3-FADI EL KHATIB

2-AHMAD IBRAHIM

1-RONY FAHED

ElieEk
03-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Maybe u are right,but don't forget many old star players in the NBA are playing till now,extra ordinary,like steve nash,kobe brayant and many more and don't forgot that we cannot always rely on young players with not enough experience.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

So the starting lineup for next year should be:

5-JULLIAN KHAZZOUH

4-JACKSON VROMAN

3-FADI EL KHATIB

2-AHMAD IBRAHIM

1-RONY FAHED

yes man true , I told that we could enforce our team with maximum of 3 or 4 expertize players but not all the team

secondly , are you comparing omar turk and rony with nash and kobe :p

heart21
03-29-2012, 04:51 PM
:p:p I wasn't comparing them to each other;:p:pjust showing the importance of our strong experience players and good luck for our National Team,hopefully we are the champions next year.:p:p

eliooo93
03-30-2012, 04:34 AM
I haven't appeared on this forum in months now, but i noticed that you guys have included Julian Kazzouh's name on next year's list.. Last time I checked the guy didnt really care to play for the NT.. So where are u getting the info that he might join from? thnx :p

rocketstar47
04-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Jackson Vroman currently has a poor free throw shooting percentage in the PBA
but now they are on the semis

heart21
04-05-2012, 04:22 PM
:p:p:pI hope that the new federation at this summer will try to host the fiba asia because we are a basketball country and we deserve it.:p:p:p:p

heart21
04-07-2012, 07:50 AM
:p:p:p:p:pIf lebanese people and federation wants really to qualify to the world cup we should have to find a very good foreign coach that knows how to lead our national team to sucess not like Ghassan Sarkis who since he come to the team showed to us that he is from the worst coaches I have ever seen where he prefers only his interest over our national team and the evidence is our failure in the arab games and not calling very strong players like rony fahed,matt freije,omar al turk and ahmad ibrahim.:p:p:p:pI don't like to nag on something but he should be fired this summer.:p:p:p:p:p

Bernard
04-10-2012, 07:49 AM
:p:p:p:p:pIf lebanese people and federation wants really to qualify to the world cup we should have to find a very good foreign coach that knows how to lead our national team to sucess not like Ghassan Sarkis who since he come to the team showed to us that he is from the worst coaches I have ever seen where he prefers only his interest over our national team and the evidence is our failure in the arab games and not calling very strong players like rony fahed,matt freije,omar al turk and ahmad ibrahim.:p:p:p:pI don't like to nag on something but he should be fired this summer.:p:p:p:p:p

we've been calling for that decision ever since he was stupidly appointed as our NT head coach, by our stupid, unprofessional, basketball-illeterate and above all the terms, our corrupted federation.
both, all federation members and GS should be dismissed from their duties ASAP !!

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Poiliticians!!)

heart21
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
we've been calling for that decision ever since he was stupidly appointed as our NT head coach, by our stupid, unprofessional, basketball-illeterate and above all the terms, our corrupted federation.
both, all federation members and GS should be dismissed from their duties ASAP !!

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Poiliticians!!)

Why do u think that all the players want G.S as their coach even though he is a very bad coach and have very bad tactics,the evidence is that he choosed players we didn't need them in the arab games like nadim hawe,miguel martinez , mohammed ibrahim and hussein khatib.I'm not saying that they are bad players but they don't belong to the national team.

Khalid80
04-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Why do u think that all the players want G.S as their coach even though he is a very bad coach and have very bad tactics,the evidence is that he choosed players we didn't need them in the arab games like nadim hawe,miguel martinez , mohammed ibrahim and hussein khatib.I'm not saying that they are bad players but they don't belong to the national team.

These players you mentioned all play, or used to play, with Champville and that's why Sarkis selected them... Sarkis is the type of coach who doesn't like selecting players that he hasn't coached before and that's why you will rarely see him selecting Lebanese players from abroad with the exception of Ali Haidar... I don't know if his relationship with Ahmad Ibrahim has improved or not though and whether he would call his name to join the Lebanese NT in the future.

heart21
04-11-2012, 04:41 PM
These players you mentioned all play, or used to play, with Champville and that's why Sarkis selected them... Sarkis is the type of coach who doesn't like selecting players that he hasn't coached before and that's why you will rarely see him selecting Lebanese players from abroad with the exception of Ali Haidar... I don't know if his relationship with Ahmad Ibrahim has improved or not though and whether he would call his name to join the Lebanese NT in the future.

i want to thank u for this information,hopefully everybody will wake up from this dream we are in and to know that basketball is a strong sport in lebanon and we shoudn't rely on a coach that prefers choosing players that he only likes otherwise we will always fail in improving our tactics and being successful in everything we will do in the future.

heart21
04-13-2012, 03:15 PM
I want to give an advice to the new federation this summer is to make many friendly games against strong and european countries inorder not only to prepare for next year but till that we know how is our situation and if we can be competitive to them.

heart21
04-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Julian Khazzouh must play with lebanon.

heart21
04-30-2012, 06:57 PM
I hope that next year the lebanese team will be completely different from this year and also from 2011, with a new coach and new excellent players that will help us a lot so that we can beat european teams in the future, hoping for the best.

JAMSKIE
05-04-2012, 02:54 AM
Julian Khazzouh must play with lebanon.

Is he a Lebanese or half-Lebanese? I read from Wikipedia & asia-basket.com that he's an Australian, there was no mention that he's a Lebanese or half-Lebanese. Although it was indicated that he was about to play for the Lebanese NT in 2010 but did not push through. And even if Julian Khazzouh turns out to have Lebanese blood, there's this new rule by FIBA w/c requires a half-breed or a dual-citizen player to have laid claim of the nationality of the country that he wants to represent before he turned 16 years old. I wonder if Khazzouh could meet this requirement.

Khalid80
05-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Is he a Lebanese or half-Lebanese? I read from Wikipedia & asia-basket.com that he's an Australian, there was no mention that he's a Lebanese or half-Lebanese. Although it was indicated that he was about to play for the Lebanese NT in 2010 but did not push through. And even if Julian Khazzouh turns out to have Lebanese blood, there's this new rule by FIBA w/c requires a half-breed or a dual-citizen player to have laid claim of the nationality of the country that he wants to represent before he turned 16 years old. I wonder if Khazzouh could meet this requirement.

He's just originally Lebanese... He was born in Australia and lived there his whole life.
The Lebanese federation was trying to get him in 2010 but Julian almost made it to the final roster of the Australian NT and he mentioned that he prefers to play for and represent the Australian NT...
So I don't imagine seeing him ever play for Lebanon and for sure with the new FIBA rules i'm sure he can't represent Lebanon. Moreover the guy played in the Israeli league so that's another obstacle.

heart21
05-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Julian Khazzouh is the tallest lebanese player now so that's why we need him and without him in the team we are forced to naturalize a new player other than Jackson Vroman who helped Lebanon a lot in 2009 and 2010.

JAMSKIE
05-05-2012, 03:24 AM
He's just originally Lebanese... He was born in Australia and lived there his whole life.
The Lebanese federation was trying to get him in 2010 but Julian almost made it to the final roster of the Australian NT and he mentioned that he prefers to play for and represent the Australian NT...
So I don't imagine seeing him ever play for Lebanon and for sure with the new FIBA rules i'm sure he can't represent Lebanon. Moreover the guy played in the Israeli league so that's another obstacle.

Tenx for the reply sir. Julian would be a great addition to Lebanon if ever he suits up w/ your team. Imagine a trio of El Khatib, Julian Khazzouh & a naturalized player, plus the 2 young players now playing in the US NCAA div. 1. Lebanon would be a tough nut to crack in international games.

JAMSKIE
05-05-2012, 03:26 AM
Julian Khazzouh is the tallest lebanese player now so that's why we need him and without him in the team we are forced to naturalize a new player other than Jackson Vroman who helped Lebanon a lot in 2009 and 2010.

I thought your naturalized player is Sam Hoskins who played in last year's Asian Championship

heart21
05-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Sam Hoskin was before our naturalized player but now he is no more lebanese since he was playing before with our enemy israel and now after we get rid of him, Jackson Vroman can now rejoin us again hopefully with Julian Khazzouh.

Khalid80
05-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Tenx for the reply sir. Julian would be a great addition to Lebanon if ever he suits up w/ your team. Imagine a trio of El Khatib, Julian Khazzouh & a naturalized player, plus the 2 young players now playing in the US NCAA div. 1. Lebanon would be a tough nut to crack in international games.

That's for sure but it will never happen

Sam Hoskin was before our naturalized player but now he is no more lebanese since he was playing before with our enemy israel and now after we get rid of him, Jackson Vroman can now rejoin us again hopefully with Julian Khazzouh.

If you had read my post above you would have noticed that I mentioned that Julian also played in Israel so he can't represent the Lebanese NT.

In the link below you can see the list of previous teams that Julian played with you and can notice that he played with Ironi Ramat Gan which happens to be an Israeli team.
http://www.australiabasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=AUS&PlayerID=74556

heart21
05-07-2012, 01:25 PM
I think that we should not naturalize a new player because Jackson Vroman is a beast and plays good under the basket even though he is not a center but with our starting center Daniel Faris and the backup of Charles Tabet we would be alright.

heart21
05-09-2012, 05:08 PM
After JULIAN KHAZZOUH is out of reach and he cannot play with Lebanon NT.

My opinion the players that should play are:

1-FADI EL KHATIB

2-JACKSON VROMAN

3- MATT FREIJE

4-RONY FAHED

5-ELIE RUSTOM

6-ALI MAHMOUD

7-DANIEL FARIS

8-WILLIAM PHARIS

9-JEAN ABDEL NOUR

10-AHMAD IBRAHIM

11-CHARLES TABET

12- OMAR EL TURK

Our strating five should be:

1-RONY FAHED

2-FADI EL KHATIB

3-MATT FREIJE

4-JACKSON VROMAN

5-DANIEL FARIS

reamily
05-10-2012, 03:41 AM
After the PBA stint, I can say Vroman is an underrated slot man

heart21
05-10-2012, 01:58 PM
JACKSON VROMAN is one of the best foreign players in Asia regardless of his bad behavior.

asapa11
05-12-2012, 07:25 AM
who is this guy who according to asia-basket.com played for the lebanese national team but is of jordanian nationality?

Cheickh El Khatib

gazara
05-12-2012, 09:32 AM
No One !!

there are many news that maybe we will naturalize a SG Player or SF Player !!

my Squad (If we naturalize a SG/SF) :

Coach:Ghassan Sarkis (LEB)

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
2-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
3-Mohammad Ibrahim (196-PG/SG)
4-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
5-Elie Restom (198-SF)
6-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
7-Charles Tabet (206-C)
8-Ali Kanaan (206-C)
9-Ali Haidar (204-PF)
10-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)
11-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(CAPTAIN)
12-Dewarick Spencer (192-SG) OR Jay Youngblood (196-SG/SF) OR Tim Pickett (190-SG)

we have an Average of height :197 cm

First Five:

PG:Rodrigue Akl
SG: Dewarick Spencer
PF:Bassel Bawji
C:Charles Tabet

Tall Lineup :197,8 cm

but you have in the team ,2 Super huge Scorers Fadi+Spencer !!

Fadi Averaging in the league a 27.8 PPG and Spencer a 26 PPG !!

t

heart21
05-12-2012, 11:03 AM
No One !!

there are many news that maybe we will naturalize a SG Player or SF Player !!

my Squad (If we naturalize a SG/SF) :

Coach:Ghassan Sarkis (LEB)

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
2-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
3-Mohammad Ibrahim (196-PG/SG)
4-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
5-Elie Restom (198-SF)
6-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
7-Charles Tabet (206-C)
8-Ali Kanaan (206-C)
9-Ali Haidar (204-PF)
10-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)
11-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(CAPTAIN)
12-Dewarick Spencer (192-SG) OR Jay Youngblood (196-SG/SF) OR Tim Pickett (190-SG)

we have an Average of height :197 cm

First Five:

SG: Dewarick Spencer

Tall Lineup :197,8 cm

but you have in the team ,2 Super huge Scorers Fadi+Spencer !!

Fadi Averaging in the league a 27.8 PPG and Spencer a 26 PPG !!

t

If Ghassan Sarkis is no more our coach and is replaced by a foreign coach, my squad is:

1-Ali Mahmoud

2-Rony fahed

3-Fadi El Khatib

4-Dewarick Spencer

5-Matt Freije

6-Elie Rustom

7-William Pharis

8-Ali Kanaan

9-Jean Abdel Nour

10-Ahmad Ibrahim

11-Omar El Turk

12-Charles Tabet

starting five:

1-Rony Fahed

2-Dewarick Spencer

3-Fadi El Khatib

4-Matt Freije

5-Charles Tabet

Bernard
05-13-2012, 07:29 AM
If Ghassan Sarkis is no more our coach and is replaced by a foreign coach, my squad is:

1-Ali Mahmoud

2-Rony fahed

3-Fadi El Khatib

4-Dewarick Spencer

5-Matt Freije

6-Elie Rustom

7-William Pharis

8-Ali Kanaan

9-Jean Abdel Nour

10-Ahmad Ibrahim

11-Omar El Turk

12-Charles Tabet

starting five:

1-Rony Fahed

2-Dewarick Spencer

3-Fadi El Khatib

4-Matt Freije

5-Charles Tabet

i like that roster !
and better if we could wave ghassan sarkis away from the NT.... FOREVER ! >:/

oh... and i sooo wish Anibal wins the championship just to prove, how arrogant, loser and a failure GS is... and if he wins... alla yestor, he would be rating himself next to God...

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians !! )

gazara
05-19-2012, 11:34 AM
http://www.prosportstickers.com/product_images/h/lebanon_flag_crest_decal_sticker__16774.jpg

The Lebanese Federation invited 19 Players to attend the meeting that will be held at 4H00 PM on Tuesday 22 May 2012 in the Federation to Start the Preparations for our National Team for the West Asian championship that will be held in Jordan
Also Ghassan Sarkis and the Federation Are Discussing new names to Choose a New Naturalized Player for Our NT

Some Names :

1-Marcus Haislip (208-PF/C)(USA)
2-Darryl Watkins (211-C)(USA)
3-Cheikh Samb (216-C)(NIG)
4-Loren Woods (218-C)(USA)
4-Dewarick Spencer (192-SG)(USA)
5-Jay Youngblood (196-SG/SF)(USA)

Ass.Coach : Marwan Khalil (LEB)

Players:

1-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(Champville Maristes)
2-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SG/SF)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
3-Jad Bitar (204-PF/C)(Sagesse Beirut)
4-Ali Kanaan (206-C)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
5-Billy Faris (206-PF)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
6-Elie Stephan (192-SG)(Champville Maristes)
7-Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)(Champville Maristes)
8-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
9-Elias Restom (197-SG/SF)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
10-Samer Mechref (192-SG)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
11-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)(Anibal Zahle)
12-Charles Tabet (206-C)(Anibal Zahle)
13-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)(Anibal Zahle)
14-Roy Samaha (206-C)(Anibal Zahle)
15-Hussein Khatib (192-SG)(Hoops Beirut)
16-Ali Fakhreddine (204-PF)(Hoops Beirut)
17-Nadim Soueid (192-SG)(Bejje Jbeil)
18-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
19-Ahmad Ibrahim (199-SF)(Rice NCAA)

I Believe we Should Invite Also :

1-Daniel Faris (206-C)(Sagesse Beirut)
2-Ali Haidar (204-PF)(NCAA)
3-Matt Freijie (208-PF)(Guaiqueries Venezuela)
4-Rony Fahed (184-PG)(Tianjing China)
5-Omar El Turk (188-SG)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
6-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)(Sagesse Beirut)

heart21
05-19-2012, 11:59 AM
http://www.prosportstickers.com/product_images/h/lebanon_flag_crest_decal_sticker__16774.jpg

The Lebanese Federation invited 19 Players to attend the meeting that will be held at 4H00 PM on Tuesday 22 May 2012 in the Federation to Start the Preparations for our National Team for the West Asian championship that will be held in Jordan
Also Ghassan Sarkis and the Federation Are Discussing new names to Choose a New Naturalized Player for Our NT

Some Names :

1-Marcus Haislip (208-PF/C)(USA)
2-Darryl Watkins (211-C)(USA)
3-Cheikh Samb (216-C)(NIG)
4-Loren Woods (218-C)(USA)
4-Dewarick Spencer (192-SG)(USA)
5-Jay Youngblood (196-SG/SF)(USA)

Ass.Coach : Marwan Khalil (LEB)

Players:

1-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(Champville Maristes)
2-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SG/SF)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
3-Jad Bitar (204-PF/C)(Sagesse Beirut)
4-Ali Kanaan (206-C)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
5-Billy Faris (206-PF)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
6-Elie Stephan (192-SG)(Champville Maristes)
7-Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)(Champville Maristes)
8-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
9-Elias Restom (197-SG/SF)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
10-Samer Mechref (192-SG)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
11-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)(Anibal Zahle)
12-Charles Tabet (206-C)(Anibal Zahle)
13-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)(Anibal Zahle)
14-Roy Samaha (206-C)(Anibal Zahle)
15-Hussein Khatib (192-SG)(Hoops Beirut)
16-Ali Fakhreddine (204-PF)(Hoops Beirut)
17-Nadim Soueid (192-SG)(Bejje Jbeil)
18-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
19-Ahmad Ibrahim (199-SF)(Rice NCAA)

I Believe we Should Invite Also :

1-Daniel Faris (206-C)(Sagesse Beirut)
2-Ali Haidar (204-PF)(NCAA)
3-Matt Freijie (208-PF)(Guaiqueries Venezuela)
4-Rony Fahed (184-PG)(Tianjing China)
5-Omar El Turk (188-SG)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
6-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)(Sagesse Beirut)

U are 100% correct that the federation should call Rony Fahed,Omar El Turk and Matt Frejie since defenitely they are the best lebanese 3 point shooters in our days,so we should not let them go away.

gazara
05-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Hope Ghassan Will Take these 12 Players:

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG) [Considered the Best Lebanese PG and one of the best in Asia]
2-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)[A True Leader on the court and he's now with same level with Ali if not better]
3-Mohammad Ibrahim (196-PG) [A Tall PG ,very good Vision and He Can take hard shots and make them very well]
4-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG) [Proved this Season and after Dubai also that he's the best After Fadi El Khatib ,a True Leader ,big Heart ,Skills ,can Penetrate ,can shoot very hard shots ,very good deffensive player]
5-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF) [A Great Forwad ,very fast ,very good scorer ,will help us a lot in fast breaks ,Can shoot also and make all his open shots ,great deffensive player ,rebounds ]
6-Elias Restom (197-SF) [A Great role Player ,big heart ,very good deffensive player ,also Good Scorer ,skills ]
7-Elie Stephan (192-SG) [Skills ,Can penetrate ,And specially his role in the NT will be the Shooter of the National Team ,great shooter who can't miss any open shots]
8-Bassel Bawji (204-PF) [Great Forwad ,great scorer ,all around player ,skills]
9-Charles Tabet (206-C) [Great Deffensive player ,big heart ,can make a lot of problems for opponents under the basket ,had a great season,rebounds]
10-Ali Kanaan (206-C)[very good center ,will help us in the size]
11-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)[Legend ,No Comment]
12-Naturalized Player A Center !!

eduardo vera
05-20-2012, 12:46 AM
i agree with but you guys , but there is 4 names very important that nobody mentioned ( daniel faris 2m7 ( im sure he might be better than charle , ahmad brahim nacc and ali haidar 2m1 both will be the lebanese basketball future and matt freije )don't forget we really need size , even if we will qualified for the world cup we are gonna face their big guy , and you guys remember thats how we beat france since we start with joe vogel brian bechara and roy samaha along with fadi and rony. so for me i think that the best choice for the national team . pg ( 2 thats enough , ali mahoud and rodrigue . forward ( fadi khatib , jean abel nour ,ghaleb reda , ahmad brahim , bassel bawje, ali haidar ) ( a center naturalized with charle tabet and daniel faris ) and the shooter matt frieje .

heart21
05-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Hope Ghassan Will Take these 12 Players:

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG) [Considered the Best Lebanese PG and one of the best in Asia]
2-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)[A True Leader on the court and he's now with same level with Ali if not better]
3-Mohammad Ibrahim (196-PG) [A Tall PG ,very good Vision and He Can take hard shots and make them very well]
4-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG) [Proved this Season and after Dubai also that he's the best After Fadi El Khatib ,a True Leader ,big Heart ,Skills ,can Penetrate ,can shoot very hard shots ,very good deffensive player]
5-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF) [A Great Forwad ,very fast ,very good scorer ,will help us a lot in fast breaks ,Can shoot also and make all his open shots ,great deffensive player ,rebounds ]
6-Elias Restom (197-SF) [A Great role Player ,big heart ,very good deffensive player ,also Good Scorer ,skills ]
7-Elie Stephan (192-SG) [Skills ,Can penetrate ,And specially his role in the NT will be the Shooter of the National Team ,great shooter who can't miss any open shots]
8-Bassel Bawji (204-PF) [Great Forwad ,great scorer ,all around player ,skills]
9-Charles Tabet (206-C) [Great Deffensive player ,big heart ,can make a lot of problems for opponents under the basket ,had a great season,rebounds]
10-Ali Kanaan (206-C)[very good center ,will help us in the size]
11-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)[Legend ,No Comment]
12-Naturalized Player A Center !!

You forgot that our national team needs pure three point shooters to win strong countries where they are rony fahed,omar el turk and matt freije, I don't care if Sarkis don't want them, we have to find quickly a solution for that problem. I think that they should be replaced by mohammed ibrahim,ghaleb rida and elie stephan.

Bernard
05-20-2012, 09:39 AM
You forgot that our national team needs pure three point shooters to win strong countries where they are rony fahed,omar el turk and matt freije, I don't care if Sarkis don't want them, we have to find quickly a solution for that problem. I think that they should be replaced by mohammed ibrahim,ghaleb rida and elie stephan.

true that!

gazara
05-20-2012, 06:02 PM
True but i mentioned these names according to the 19 names

khaledlebanon
05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
PG's: Ali Mahmoud(28), Rodrigue(22) (3rd PG Amir Souad)
SG's: Fadi(32), Ahmad Ibrahim(19), Amir Souad (20)
SF's: Elie R(24), Jean(27), Matt(30)*
PF's & C's: Basel Bawji (21), Ali Haidar(21), Daniel Faris(24), Sam(32)*

A mix of young & experienced players!

- 7 U-24, 5 experienced players (27-30's).

* We need a 3point shooter in the team.. Matt will be great addition, but he can play under the basket ( use him in the inside game too).. if he's not available? maybe Rony
* if we can naturalize a better/younger player than Sam, would be great to.. (Pure center)
( What do u think about this squad?)

This.

heart21
05-22-2012, 06:38 AM
If we don't have enough time to naturalize a new player before WABA starts we should immediately call back Jackson Vroman to the team because he will helps us a lot to qualify to fiba asia cup.

Le MaK
05-22-2012, 08:07 AM
Jackson Vroman is a dead talent, let me explain :
Jackson moved three times this year, between three leagues , with always a complete disappointment from all teams.
his attitude turned to be extremely harsh... and his basketball level dropped dramatically .

as for the NT this year, we will go for a Big center ( young ).
we will most probably miss : Fadi - Ali M - Rustom - jean - daniel .... for personal reasons and/or injuries.

Bernard
05-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Jackson Vroman is a dead talent, let me explain :
Jackson moved three times this year, between three leagues , with always a complete disappointment from all teams.
his attitude turned to be extremely harsh... and his basketball level dropped dramatically .

as for the NT this year, we will go for a Big center ( young ).
we will most probably miss : Fadi - Ali M - Rustom - jean - daniel .... for personal reasons and/or injuries.

a young Big Center should be our main goal now for naturalization !!...ive been saying that since the very begining !...but of course no one will answer us or even take us into consideration...anyways, a young pure center (max should be 25/26 yo) is definately needed; however, New blood should be called NOW to the team while Fadi and the other veterans are still with the NT !! and not to represent the NT with no experienced backup on the team (like the last version of the smart-a$$ ghassan sarkis' version...)

Matt,Fadi,Abdel Nour, (i know ntg about Rony Fahed's recent level, so i dono if he can still perform as before, bas u know Roni, he's the surprise man on the court),Ali Mahmoud or Rodrigue Akl ,rustom,stephan,Kanaan (although his level is neutral...but can help in some moments defensively...) should definately be in the roster, of course with a naturalized player as we speak! Ahmad Ibrahim should be given the chance to play with th NT by khatib's side and gain some experience from now, and the stupid GS should put his ego on the side and think of the NT for once ! William and Daniel Fares could be also added to finalize the roster...

Bernard
05-22-2012, 10:00 AM
This.

not bad also !

rocketstar47
05-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Seriously Jackson Vroman has a low FT shooting

heart21
05-22-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't think Garnett Thompson should be our naturalized player because first he is not a scorer neither a center and there is many young foreign players plays better than him and not to forget he is not a good shooter.

gazara
05-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Garnett Thompson (207-PF)(USA) Is the New Naturalized Player for The Lebanese National Team !

http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/champville-centre-thompson-garnett-1.942333!image/2410734501.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_475/2410734501.jpg

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/dailystar/Pictures/2012/02/06/47805_mainimg.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGOtPmemq6Q

gazara
05-22-2012, 04:30 PM
They only naturalized him for WABA and Stankovic only ,next year a High level one !!

khaledlebanon
05-22-2012, 06:19 PM
What do u think about this Lineup?

Lebanese NT:
Rod, Fadi, Ahmad, Bawji, Tabet

Joey, Amir, Rustom, Haidar, Kanan, Daniel (when he's back fit).

Young and talented... A NT for the future...

Fadi as an experienced player + an import.

heart21
05-22-2012, 08:29 PM
The federation is negotiating Micheal Southall who as I think is better than Garnett Thompson in style of playing.

gazara
05-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Micheal Southall (211-C)(USA) Is a Pure Center while Garnett is a Power forwad ,a fast player ,can score ,assist !!
while Southall is more as a deffensive player ,a Pure center ,atheletic ,good rebounder ,good shotblocker and also good scorer and can play the post very well !!

daniab
05-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Hey guys, its been long since i wrote here. Glad you are still doing the mission :D
Garnett Thompson will be our nationalized, since we have no time to enter in negotiations with other players, even though we had chances to bring Michael Southall but WABA asked us to submit the players yesterday so we had to go with Garnett.
Having Fadi back is always something that comforts us, since he's our leader and he can cover the other major absences (with Ali M and Rustom confirmed out of Waba, and Jean 90% as well).
Now the biggest problem we r facing is in the center position, since Charles Tabet, Ali Kanaan, Williams Pharis are out of the country, while Ali Fakhreddine had an injury, while Roy Samaha said he needs some time alone to work on himself then he will back later to the national team so there is only Bassel Bawji and Jad bitar left. So this is a problem. The federation is doing his best to bring Tabet and Kanaan back. Both are important to our roster, especially that Ali Haidar can't come too.
The good news is Ahmad Ibrahim is coming as cofirmed by the federation ad its good for him to play alongside Fadi.

My roster for Waba:
1- Rodrigue Akl
2- Ghaleb Reda
3- Fadi El Khatib
4- Garnett Thompson
5- Charles Tabet

gazara
05-23-2012, 11:27 AM
So We have 9 Players out of the NT For Waba :

-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
-Elias Restom (197-SG/SF)
-Ali Kanaan (206-C)
-Billy Fares (206-PF)
-Charles Tabet (206-C)
-Ali Fakhreddine (204-PF)
-Roy Samaha (206-C)
-Ali Haidar (204-PF)

We have a chance to get Rony Fahed,Matt Freijie ,Daniel Faris back to the NT ?? Even if not this year ,if for next year Asia 2013 ???

my Roster for Waba would be :

1-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
2-Mohammad Ibrahim (196-PG)
3-Ahmad Ibrahim (199-SF)
4-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
5-Elie Stephan (192-SG)
6-Nadim Soueid (192-SG)
7-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)
8-Mohammad Hamdar (204-C)
9-Jad Bitar (204-C)
10-Charles Tabet (206-C) /Ali Kanaan (206-C) IF we could get them
11-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(Captain)
12-Garnett Thompson (207-PF)(Naturalized)

[B]Lineup:
SG:Ghaleb Rida
C:Garnett Thompson

heart21
05-23-2012, 11:48 AM
If we have any chance to get back Rony Fahed and Matt Freije to the team for now or next year.

My Lineup is :

1-Rony Fahed

2-Fadi El Khatib

3-Matt Freije

4-Garnett Thompson

5-Charles Tabet

yuanqiuchiren
05-24-2012, 01:31 AM
If we have any chance to get back Rony Fahed and Matt Freije to the team for now or next year.

My Lineup is :

1-Rony Fahed

2-Fadi El Khatib

3-Matt Freije

4-Garnett Thompson

5-Charles Tabet

what's wrong with Rony Fahed and Matt Freije? Without them,Lebanese Basketball National Team can not beat China and Iran at all.

yuanqiuchiren
05-24-2012, 01:40 AM
What do u think about this Lineup?

Lebanese NT:
Rod, Fadi, Ahmad, Bawji, Tabet

Joey, Amir, Rustom, Haidar, Kanan, Daniel (when he's back fit).

Young and talented... A NT for the future...

Fadi as an experienced player + an import.

I think Rony Fahed and Matt Freije are very important for NT. They played very well in China.

daniab
05-24-2012, 05:24 AM
It seems that Charles Tabet won't be able to participate in WABA, as he is suffering from a small injury and he left for a vacation in the States. I hope that Ali Kanaan will come back at least, so that we will have him and Bassel Bawji + Garnett Thompson so it will be better than nothing.
And if God was with us and we made it through Waba, we can have later the other absent players back especially Tabet who is an essential player of our program for the future.

heart21
05-24-2012, 06:29 AM
I think Rony Fahed and Matt Freije are very important for NT. They played very well in China.

They will help us a lot only if GS resigns and we have a foreign coach that knows how to win.

heart21
05-24-2012, 06:38 AM
what's wrong with Rony Fahed and Matt Freije? Without them,Lebanese Basketball National Team can not beat China and Iran at all.

Don't Blame them,Blame the federation and the coach who don't want them and they don't care about winning.

yuanqiuchiren
05-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Don't Blame them,Blame the federation and the coach who don't want them and they don't care about winning.

what is the reason given by the coach and federation?

gazara
05-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Coach Ghassan Sarkis don't Like Rony Fahed Style !! He don't consider him as a PG ,he considers him a Shooter guard ,and he also said that we have better Guards and taller guards like Ghaleb Rida ,Elias Rustom ,Elie Stephan ,Jean Abdel Nour ,Mazen Mneimneh ...
About Matt ,he also don't like his style ,he said that he's useless on Deffence ,and Ghassan Sarkis =Defensive System !! ,he said that he can't play as a power forwad ,he s not good at all on Deffence (Rebounding ,Shotblocking) ,as a SF he said that he s not fast and Khatib take this Place ,so he will not got time to play !!

yuanqiuchiren
05-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Coach Ghassan Sarkis don't Like Rony Fahed Style !! He don't consider him as a PG ,he considers him a Shooter guard ,and he also said that we have better Guards and taller guards like Ghaleb Rida ,Elias Rustom ,Elie Stephan ,Jean Abdel Nour ,Mazen Mneimneh ...
About Matt ,he also don't like his style ,he said that he's useless on Deffence ,and Ghassan Sarkis =Defensive System !! ,he said that he can't play as a power forwad ,he s not good at all on Deffence (Rebounding ,Shotblocking) ,as a SF he said that he s not fast and Khatib take this Place ,so he will not got time to play !!
But u r top 4 in 2009;but 6th in 2010. it is the truth. No one can shoot in,never get win.

gazara
05-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Unfortunatly in 2009 ,we could won Asia ,we had a great roster ,but there was problems btw players in the team !!
in 2011 we got the 6th Position ,but we played with our NT B :
we Were missing all our Superstars:

1-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)
2-Rony Fahed (184-PG)
3-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
4-Daniel Faris (206-C)
5-Matt Freijie (208-PF)
6-Elias Rustom (197-SF)
and many others ...
in 2010 ,we won Stankovic ...

Bernard
05-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Unfortunatly in 2009 ,we could won Asia ,we had a great roster ,but there was problems btw players in the team !!

2-Rony Fahed (184-PG)
3-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
4-Daniel Faris (206-C)
5-Matt Freijie (208-PF)
6-Elias Rustom (197-SF)
and many others ...

I Wonder garnett thompson plays with which team in the league !...
oh ... OH !!! CHAMPVILLE !!!.....Ghassan Sarkis is the coach there i presume... RIGHT ?!......WAW what a coincidence!! Sam hoskins played with champville as well.... hmmmmm kamen what a coincidence !!... WAKE UP PPL !!
GS is full of $HIT !! him and the Federation !! as someone said in this thread, and many said it before, GS + Federation they only care about their own benefits !! they dont even give a damn if the NT wins or not !!..... @$%%^#$@#!@# them both !!
l3ama !! ya3neh the only thing that can make us happy and entertained and worth following up, is being killed by their own protectors !! ... sob7an alla !! THIS IS LEBANON !! built on lies and corruption !!... and they dragged basketball with it...

just for the Info, the Lebanese basketball on the NT perspective, is not on its decline...its a free fall, and now we are at the bottom...we will be WABA's joke this year, and the upcoming year!

Thank you FLB
Thank you Quiet FANS and responsible ppl
Thank you GS, and keep it up!...and the most important thing to keep on staying quiet, smiling, doing nthg when your NT is losing and in need of a time out... and if the time out was called, keep on encouraging ur players and never ever try to play a good system....

Bernard
05-24-2012, 12:10 PM

2-Rony Fahed (184-PG)
3-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
4-Daniel Faris (206-C)
5-Matt Freijie (208-PF)
6-Elias Rustom (197-SF)
and many others ...

Just a reminder !...when we won Stankovic, it was on our court, between our fans, and coach Tab Baldwin
and just a point of view and personal opinion, look at it this way:
* whenever we had a foreign head coach, the players were to the extent disciplined and the NT performed amazingly and achieved good results !!
* whenever we had a local head coach, the players were never disciplined, and the NT was beatable by any low level team..... just remember when were gona lose against India in last year's FIBA Asia.... good thing we didnt end up with the Philipines in the same group, they wouldve trashed and smashed us !!

all FLB members should resign, starting from the basketball-illeterate president, and Ghasssan Sarkis should be Waved ASAP and replaced with a foreign coach and A level players should be called to the NT no matter how they fit in the coach's system + look for new Lebanese players abroad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waynak ya pierre kakhia...

Long Live Lebanon !! (except all the Politicians!!)

Bernard
05-24-2012, 12:15 PM
They will help us a lot only if GS resigns and we have a foreign coach that knows how to win.

dude...u think anyone cares ?!.... hehe kello b fattesh wen masla7to !!.... GS is now working as an agent for the players... specially for the NT naturalized player !! actually he started this new profession as part time long time ago ! =D

disgusting!

gazara
05-24-2012, 12:17 PM
No Bernard, there was a list of Names to be Discussed to be naturalized but unfortunately ,the situation in Lebanon is bad these days ,no one of these names accept to play for us ...also there is a problem in the money and No Time !!
so the best choice was Garnett for many Reasons :

1-Garnett is always motivated and play from his heart ,instead of getting a one who will play only for money
2-Garnett was our last shot !
3-Garnett played 2 years in the league and know the league very well and for sure know our style of play and all our players
4-Playing next to Fadi ,and it was a good combination

Also he had good Stats this Year in the League :

Garnett Thompson: Season 2011-2012: 21 Games : 17.6 PPG ,11 RBPG ,3.1 ASPG

leb-basket
05-24-2012, 12:34 PM
cool we're playing without 4-5 players. So we only have garnett and bawji on this position :p Hopefully kanaan and billy fares join us. Charles wants a vacation his injury is just a reason to leave the country.

gazara
05-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Mohammad Hamdar (204-C) and Jad Bitar (204-C) Will be a good choice ,they had a good season !

if we didn't get Charles Tabet (Injured) ,Ali Kanaan ,Billy Faris ,Ali Fakhreddine ,Daniel Faris (injured),Roy Samaha

So We will have Bassel Bawji ,Garnett Thompson ,Mohammad Hamdar ,Jad Bitar On position 4-5 ,Also Khatib Can play on 4

leb-basket
05-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Mohammad Hamdar (204-C) and Jad Bitar (204-C) Will be a good choice ,they had a good season !

if we didn't get Charles Tabet (Injured) ,Ali Kanaan ,Billy Faris ,Ali Fakhreddine ,Daniel Faris (injured),Roy Samaha

So We will have Bassel Bawji ,Garnett Thompson ,Mohammad Hamdar ,Jad Bitar On position 4-5 ,Also Khatib Can play on 4

not enough at all. None of these players you mentioned is ready to be a nt starter.
I guess our starting five will be as following :

1- rodrigue
2- ghaleb (since we do not have a true sg)
3- fady
4-garnett
4-bawji (kanaan/fares) bawji is the most athletic player. Fares could be useful in terms of 3 points

PLaying with 2 power forward players can be quite useful in my opinion. That's what the dream team did in the last olympic games with howard (pf)
R

heart21
05-25-2012, 11:23 AM
With the absence of many stars like rony fahed,ali mahmoud.jean abdelnour,charles tabet and matt freije.

My starting five is:

1-Rodrique Akl

2-Ahmad Ibrahim

3-Fadi El Khatib

4-Garnett Thompson

5-William Pharis

gazara
05-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Man Billy Won't play !!
as i said the best option is to get Hamdar,Bitar,Bawji,Garnett (4-5) for WABA Only !!

and we can play with Both Bawji on 4 and Garnett on 5 (Garnett role will be as a C ,rebounding ,deffence ,inside game)
are u kidding me ???? Ahmad instead of Ghaleb ??

man Ghaleb is a Hugee Huge player ,come right after Fadi
if we have Fadi +Ghaleb in the same team we will have 2 super scorers !!
ahmad still rookie can't perform at the level of ghaleb

my best five will be :

Rodrigue Akl :PG
Ghaleb Rida :SG
Fadi El Khatib:SF
Bassel Bawji:PF
Garnett Thompson:C

mavrick_h
05-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, it's been a while.

It's really sad to witness a 'deja-vu' scenario every year, specially when it comes to our lebanese jersey.
Most probably we will end up playing worst than ever this time.

No money ha ? You're gonna make me cry now !
Riyadi was gonna sign Fadi for a record breaking deal.
Sagesse already making great deals with a budget estimated over 2m.

We don't have 500 k for the NT, ha ? ktir 3a lebnen.
Well the question is: Who gives a sh*t about 'Lebanon' ?

& then what is this propaganda with the players before every NT participation ? Someone wants a break, the other gets injured when the season is finished..the third i don't know what

Seriously we're fed up of this situation repeating itself every summer.
We don't have the time and the money to pick one great young final decided naturalized player ?
Where's the federation from all this ? aren't we supposed to pick a naturalized player from January ?

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE !!!

Bernard
05-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Hey guys, it's been a while.

It's really sad to witness a 'deja-vu' scenario every year, specially when it comes to our lebanese jersey.
Most probably we will end up playing worst than ever this time.

No money ha ? You're gonna make me cry now !
Riyadi was gonna sign Fadi for a record breaking deal.
Sagesse already making great deals with a budget estimated over 2m.

We don't have 500 k for the NT, ha ? ktir 3a lebnen.
Well the question is: Who gives a sh*t about 'Lebanon' ?

& then what is this propaganda with the players before every NT participation ? Someone wants a break, the other gets injured when the season is finished..the third i don't know what

Seriously we're fed up of this situation repeating itself every summer.
We don't have the time and the money to pick one great young final decided naturalized player ?
Where's the federation from all this ? aren't we supposed to pick a naturalized player from January ?

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE !!!

i dono if many of you was trying to read my previous posts on our Lebanese NT.... but ive been saying this and repeating it for the past 2 years !!....FLB and GS are like our government and its "reputable" institutions.... ya 3aybeshoum !! lik spitting in their face is not enough !! federation al.. we have a mafia not a federation !! its all about the @#$^% money !!!

i once again (for the n'th time) i add my humble voice and opinion to u maverick...

Long Live Lebanon !! (except all the politicians!!)

mavrick_h
05-27-2012, 12:46 PM
i dono if many of you was trying to read my previous posts on our Lebanese NT.... but ive been saying this and repeating it for the past 2 years !!....FLB and GS are like our government and its "reputable" institutions.... ya 3aybeshoum !! lik spitting in their face is not enough !! federation al.. we have a mafia not a federation !! its all about the @#$^% money !!!

i once again (for the n'th time) i add my humble voice and opinion to u maverick...

Long Live Lebanon !! (except all the politicians!!)

Maskhara http://www.sports-leb.com/sports/MoreNews.aspx?newsid=215638

Translation: Disgusting

4 players ONLY !!
We're gonna beg the players now to go to the training.

dantrace0310
05-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Include Jackson Vroman He's a naturalize lebanese

Bernard
05-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Maskhara http://www.sports-leb.com/sports/MoreNews.aspx?newsid=215638

Translation: Disgusting

4 players ONLY !!
We're gonna beg the players now to go to the training.

hehehe...we're in a free fall situation here.... our NT, with GS, will not be able to compete even with India NT... (philipines will smash us for sure) last edition of FIBA Asia, we were gona lose against India... lol and we had an average squad and with a mediocre coach... now both squads and coach are extremely Null !! wlik shi bi arreeeffffff !!! TFEH !!!
Nadim Hawi al to cover the Ali Kanaan's spot.... wahaha...what a joke (with all due respect to all the players akid, but there are some players who are not up to the level to be in the NT!!!!!!!!!) but the joke is about GS ...lik he's nuts !! and as long as the current FLB is still in command, GS is still grabbing the coaching spot....and of course agent for the players with high commission ! ;)

Khalid80
05-29-2012, 02:38 PM
hehehe...we're in a free fall situation here.... our NT, with GS, will not be able to compete even with India NT... (philipines will smash us for sure) last edition of FIBA Asia, we were gona lose against India... lol and we had an average squad and with a mediocre coach... now both squads and coach are extremely Null !! wlik shi bi arreeeffffff !!! TFEH !!!
Nadim Hawi al to cover the Ali Kanaan's spot.... wahaha...what a joke (with all due respect to all the players akid, but there are some players who are not up to the level to be in the NT!!!!!!!!!) but the joke is about GS ...lik he's nuts !! and as long as the current FLB is still in command, GS is still grabbing the coaching spot....and of course agent for the players with high commission ! ;)

Actually Sarkis might even leave the NT if none of the players attend and none of them take the NT seriously... He's also sick of this whole situation...

Bernard
05-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Actually Sarkis might even leave the NT if none of the players attend and none of them take the NT seriously... He's also sick of this whole situation...

great news !!....this is when the federation should resign, due to its huge and clear failure, again!
And this way GS will make way for a new foreign coach, therefore players will be eager to play for him (the new coach), therefore stronger players who deserve logically to be called to the NT will have spots among the 12 players...

coz for the players not wanting to attend the practice, means there is something wrong with the federation or the coach..... <---- again thats another proof of the discipline non-existance !!

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except For All the Politicians!!)

Le MaK
05-30-2012, 08:49 AM
great news !!....this is when the federation should resign, due to its huge and clear failure, again!
And this way GS will make way for a new foreign coach, therefore players will be eager to play for him (the new coach), therefore stronger players who deserve logically to be called to the NT will have spots among the 12 players...

coz for the players not wanting to attend the practice, means there is something wrong with the federation or the coach..... <---- again thats another proof of the discipline non-existance !!

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except For All the Politicians!!)

I seriously enjoy your posts, seriously !

Lets start with the players, Ali mahmoud - elie rustom - daniel fares - jean abdelnoor are out due to injuries.
charles tabet, billy fares and ali kanaan out of the country.
Elie estephan got his finals this week, thats why he missed the practices.

Now i'd love to follow your logical way of thinking.. lets go back in time when Dragan-Brian Vs Fadi el khatib took place, or when Tab baldwin Vs fadi...they all ended by changing the coach, for one simple reason : there are too many fish in the sea.
too many coaching personnel , when we have a limited number of players.

i would love it, if the federation takes it seriously, and start punishing all players who refuses to join.
for example, Jean abdelnoor , ali kanaan , billy, charles , mohammad ibrahim, ahmad ibrahim...

as for the coach, its too obvious that u hate him... for unknown reasons, and definitely way before he started training our NT a year ago.
i have no idea why, and im not eager to know... But seriously, if you believe you're a better coach, i'm sure Danny or khaled can help u reaching ur goals !

Bernard
05-30-2012, 01:00 PM
I seriously enjoy your posts, seriously !

Lets start with the players, Ali mahmoud - elie rustom - daniel fares - jean abdelnoor are out due to injuries.
charles tabet, billy fares and ali kanaan out of the country.
Elie estephan got his finals this week, thats why he missed the practices.

Now i'd love to follow your logical way of thinking.. lets go back in time when Dragan-Brian Vs Fadi el khatib took place, or when Tab baldwin Vs fadi...they all ended by changing the coach, for one simple reason : there are too many fish in the sea.
too many coaching personnel , when we have a limited number of players.

i would love it, if the federation takes it seriously, and start punishing all players who refuses to join.
for example, Jean abdelnoor , ali kanaan , billy, charles , mohammad ibrahim, ahmad ibrahim...

as for the coach, its too obvious that u hate him... for unknown reasons, and definitely way before he started training our NT a year ago.
i have no idea why, and im not eager to know... But seriously, if you believe you're a better coach, i'm sure Danny or khaled can help u reaching ur goals !

nice !

let me ask you few simple questions, and i hope u could reply with a simple answer for each:
- whenever GS took charge of the NT (even before 2011) , when did he ever achieve any good result ?!
- whenever the NT was losing a game, or whenever the NT was having trouble in getting back to the game...did GS ever bother himself to call a time out ?!
- if he ever called a time out...did he ever try to play a system rather than encouraging the players and telling them to rest and smiling all the time, and BE SERIOUS FOR ONCE?!

if you want to compare Baldwin to GS....well then i have ntg to discuss with you as you would truly show some ignorance, since the FLB made a big mistake by assigning tab baldwin 1.5 month before the world championchip, with no time for preparation and getting to know the players, but on the other hand, that was a good choice for the long term; at least he won Stankovic cup against well prepared Asian teams!! and not failing in winning the "easy-way-to-get" cup (as they said), the arabs championship ironically...and then stating that he's building a new team now and the arab's chamiponship is not of his interest...as an excuse!!! later on ejo l zo3ran, new FLB ppl & co w aloulo la tab "yalla gallops, coz we r taking over and giving some benefits to our friends and ourselves"

halla2......2nd, sob7an alla keef no one gets along with Fadi or vice versa.....(joking) im a fan of his (who isnt anyways)...but sometimes he can act selfishly weird...

i am not a coach, and no one said i am a coach, but i have some clear and logical point of views as a player and as an observer, that many others agree about as well !! why are you ashamed of the mistake or the error ?!?! everyone makes mistakes !! bas l 7mar byet3allam ekher shi ;)
for example when Kakhia was responsible of our beloved federation, he made a mistake by choosing a coach at a late period !! and everyone criticized him for that, and i was among those !! (but at least he was a very good president who was working very well for the SAKE of the Lebanese BAsketball specially the NT!!)

l ghalat byetsalla7 mish byetkarrar my friend !!

we've been in the same nation's situation for the past 60/70 years and still we are learning from our mistakes...(min wa7e li 3am b seer now) apparently l sha3b l lebnene 7mar rather than claiming education and being the smartest on earth... if so, our country shouldve been at its best now !! we had 70 years to fix many things...EVERYTHING ! (out of subject but just as a reminder of our situation and why our FLB is like how it is now with Barakat's Monarchy....

so when i ever see any uncorrected mistake, and failure on a long term, of course i want to talk about it out loud !!! i never keep on defending my brother whom i love, who is always making mistakes!!on the contrary i would keep on criticising him until he wakes up!! but i would only defend him because he's my brother not of what hes doing as mistakes !!!....

anyways...translation of the above arabo-latin written sentences : "Disgusting"

mavrick_h
05-31-2012, 06:50 AM
Don't wanna get in the discussion when this hates that ....etc

But Le Mak whatever Bernard is writing here has 100 % the right to do so. Because none of us in this forum are satisfied with what's going on since Ghassan Sarkis took over the NT.
Now we all know that somethings are just not clicking and everyone is responsible here.
Federation, The coach and his team and the players (starting with our captain).

Everyone is busy prepping for the next season, no one cares about the Lebanese jersey.

The federation frankly doesn't care since they have their own problems to solve (election and stuff)
The coach is not taking any actions.
The players are escaping from joining.

Enno Elie Estephan has finals ha ? Last year he didn't have finals it's only this year.
this is only one of the cases.

We're seriously and extremely disgusted and every single one of us has the right to express his feelings one way or another and if there's someone not liking these posts please avoid reading them.
At the end because our hearts is with our team that we're angry this much from what's going on.

Le MaK
05-31-2012, 07:19 AM
Don't wanna get in the discussion when this hates that ....etc

But Le Mak whatever Bernard is writing here has 100 % the right to do so. Because none of us in this forum are satisfied with what's going on since Ghassan Sarkis took over the NT.
Now we all know that somethings are just not clicking and everyone is responsible here.
Federation, The coach and his team and the players (starting with our captain).

Everyone is busy prepping for the next season, no one cares about the Lebanese jersey.

The federation frankly doesn't care since they have their own problems to solve (election and stuff)
The coach is not taking any actions.
The players are escaping from joining.

Enno Elie Estephan has finals ha ? Last year he didn't have finals it's only this year.
this is only one of the cases.

We're seriously and extremely disgusted and every single one of us has the right to express his feelings one way or another and if there's someone not liking these posts please avoid reading them.
At the end because our hearts is with our team that we're angry this much from what's going on.

Hello,
Well , lets start with " i'm not discussing Coach ghassan, if he failed or not ..or not yet or whatever " .
My point was pretty clear... you Might have the rights to blame him for Fiba asia or pan arab 2011... but u definitely can't blame him for not having 6-7 players in the practices this year.
Elie estephan is " begging " ( sorry for such word, but couldn't find a better one ) to re-sign for champville, and that definitely means he's on a great relation with ghassan. same goes for moe ibrahim .

So, instead of blaming the coach ( whoever the coach is ), lets start by blaming our players...
we are extremely late, and yet we didn't have any serious practice.

mavrick_h
05-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Hello,
Well , lets start with " i'm not discussing Coach ghassan, if he failed or not ..or not yet or whatever " .
My point was pretty clear... you Might have the rights to blame him for Fiba asia or pan arab 2011... but u definitely can't blame him for not having 6-7 players in the practices this year.
Elie estephan is " begging " ( sorry for such word, but couldn't find a better one ) to re-sign for champville, and that definitely means he's on a great relation with ghassan. same goes for moe ibrahim .

So, instead of blaming the coach ( whoever the coach is ), lets start by blaming our players...
we are extremely late, and yet we didn't have any serious practice.

Of course we will blame him.
Why isn't he taking actions ?
Did he contact the federation ?
Why aren't he threatening to resign if the situation continues ?
Shouldn't he working an a preparation plan ?
Why didn't he pick a naturalized player in January ?

Bernard
05-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Of course we will blame him.
Why isn't he taking actions ?
Did he contact the federation ?
Why aren't he threatening to resign if the situation continues ?
Shouldn't he working an a preparation plan ?
Why didn't he pick a naturalized player in January ?

i will answer those ! :)

1- actions ?!!? whats the benefit out of it ?!..for the NT...HA !...
2- Him and the current Federation are 1 soul !! so....refer to the above answer(1)...
3- thats the funniest question (good and strong one though) why resigning as long as hes doing nothing and no benefits from the NT... oh...moreover if the federation itself is doing nthg for his failures ?!
4- ayya preparation plan ayya ballout...if a time-out does not exist in his dictionary, in order to play a good system when needed... what would the preparation be needed for ?
5- well...coz he knew and was clearly aware that this would reach the dramatic point we r in now...thus he would have a strong reason to convince anyone that his league's foreign player, would be the best and last minute choice to naturalize... good deal sealed with the FLB ! ;)

please...whoever is blind regarding all these questions, or maybe making themselves blind...well better see a psychiatrist...and not an optician !! ...

Thanks for the support Mavrick...i hope and wish that our comments will do smtg good for the NT... but it wont...coz mafi 7aya ba2a...unfortunately...

heart21
06-04-2012, 07:16 AM
My best five is under the current players till now with the absence of the naturalized player are:

1-Rodrique Akl

2-Ahmad Ibrahim

3-Fadi El Khatib

4-William Pharis

5-Charles Tabet

But I want to put again my best five that will not happen unfortunately for me if I was the coach are:

1-Rony Fahed

2-Matt Freije

3-Fadi El Khatib

4-Jackson Vroman

5-Julian Khazzouh

gazara
06-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Good News , Tomorrow a Friendly Game against Syria Nationa Team in Champville Maristes Home Court :

we Will Play with a Full Roster !

Players :

1-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
2-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)
3-Mohammad Ibrahim (196-PG)
4-Nadim Soueid (192-SG)
5-Elie Stephan (192-SG)
6-Hussein El Khatib (192-SG)
7-Jad Bitar (204-PF/C)
8-Charles Tabet (206-C)
9-Billy Faris (206-PF)
10-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)
11-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF) (Captain)
12-Garnett Thompson (207-PF)(USA-LEB)

For Tomorrow Game maybe Mohammad Ibrahim will not play also to Note Garnett won't play to solve some papers for the issue of naturalizing !

Players who will be Absent :

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG) [Injury]
2-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF) [Injury]
3-Elias Rustom (197-SG/SF)[Injury]
4-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)[Injury]
5-Ahmad Ibrahim (201-SF)[Unknown Reasons]
6-Ali Kanaan (206-C) [Unknown Reasons]
7-Roy Samaha (206-C)[Unknown Reasons]
8-Rony Fahed (184-PG) [Retired]
9-Matt Freijie (208-PF)[Not Called]
10-Daniel Faris (206-C)[Injured]
11-Omar Turk (188-SG)[Not Called]

Not a Bad Roster for WABA ,even if there is a lot of Absence ,i believe we will play with :

SG:Nadim Soueid
PF:Garnett Thompson

Bernard
06-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Good News , Tomorrow a Friendly Game against Syria Nationa Team in Champville Maristes Home Court :

Players :

1-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
4-Nadim Soueid (192-SG)
5-Elie Stephan (192-SG)
7-Jad Bitar (204-PF/C)
8-Charles Tabet (206-C)
9-Billy Faris (206-PF)
10-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)

For Tomorrow Game maybe Mohammad Ibrahim will not play also to Note Garnett won't play to solve some papers for the issue of naturalizing !

Not a Bad Roster for WABA ,even if there is a lot of Absence ,i believe we will play with :

All the Best ....

yuanqiuchiren
06-05-2012, 08:27 AM

Players :

1-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
4-Nadim Soueid (192-SG)
5-Elie Stephan (192-SG)
7-Jad Bitar (204-PF/C)
8-Charles Tabet (206-C)
9-Billy Faris (206-PF)
10-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)

Who can tell me why Rony Fahed retire? I think he is the best PG in Lebanon.

heart21
06-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Where can we watch today's game?

Khalid80
06-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Who can tell me why Rony Fahed retire? I think he is the best PG in Lebanon.

He retired from the NT after coach Sarkis didn't select him to join the NT last year.

By the way there is a big chance he will be staying in China and playing there again this season.

gazara
06-05-2012, 05:52 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HNwOAgC672Q/Sz8AN-98n1I/AAAAAAAAAnc/3zGTOr7D9S0/S45/Lebanon_flag.gif 96-88 http://www.senojflags.com/images/country-flag-icons/Syria-Flag.png

Congrats to Our NT ,
not a bad result ,it was our first Friendly Game ,the Syrians were playing with their Full Roster
We Started with :Rod Akl ,Nadim Soueid ,Fadi Khatib ,Jad Bitar ,Nadim Hawi !

Nadim S ,Jad B ,Nadi H Won't be our Starters for sure in the next games ,we missed our C's (Charles Tabet ,Bawji Bassel ,Billy Faris ...)

Khatib had a big Game as usual ! (Fadi Scored 36 pts )

Congrats Leb ,Hard Luck Syria

reamily
06-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Good tune up game for both countries..

heart21
06-06-2012, 10:27 AM
There are many players in the national team who don't deserve to be in and should be changed next year with the old names by the new federation.

gazara
06-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Some Stats for the Game :

LEB:

-Fadi El Khatib 36 pts in 22 min
-Elie Stephan 18 pts in 28 min
-Hussein El Khatib 17 pts in 26 min
-Nadim Soueid 5 pts

SYR:

-Michel Maadanly 22 pts
-Ahmad Ishak 11 pts

yuanqiuchiren
06-06-2012, 11:36 AM
There are many players in the national team who don't deserve to be in and should be changed next year with the old names by the new federation.

I think so.

gazara
06-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Some Photos For the Game :

http://lstatic.org/PhotoGallery/6/2959/img_LebanonvsSyria_02.jpg

http://lstatic.org/PhotoGallery/6/2959/img_LebanonvsSyria_03.jpg

http://lstatic.org/PhotoGallery/6/2959/img_LebanonvsSyria_06.jpg

http://lstatic.org/PhotoGallery/6/2959/img_LebanonvsSyria_07.jpg

http://lstatic.org/PhotoGallery/6/2959/img_LebanonvsSyria_10.jpg

http://lstatic.org/PhotoGallery/6/2959/img_LebanonvsSyria_13.jpg

http://lstatic.org/PhotoGallery/6/2959/img_LebanonvsSyria_22.jpg

http://lstatic.org/PhotoGallery/6/2959/img_LebanonvsSyria_29.jpg

http://lstatic.org/PhotoGallery/6/2959/img_LebanonvsSyria_33.jpg

heart21
06-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Ghassan Sarkis decided to quit from the national team therefore we should immediately find a new very strong foreign coach but there is financial problems should be solved or we are in deep trouble.

gazara
06-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Things Are not good anymore !! Maybe Ghassan Will Resign and we will not play in WABA !
bad News !

there is no National Team without Ghassan Sarkis, and there is no Ghassan Sarkis without ALL 4 CONDITIONS :

1-Karl and Nadim out of the List A ( bcz they were not called to the NT in the first place ).
2-Time Table for all NT camps and practices.
3-Pay the coaching staff the Due money ( starting from the U18 NT till today ).
4-BAN ALL PLAYERS WHO RAN AWAY FROM JOINING THE NT FOR NO JUSTIFIED REASONS.

yuanqiuchiren
06-07-2012, 03:09 AM
Things Are not good anymore !! Maybe Ghassan Will Resign and we will not play in WABA !
bad News !

there is no National Team without Ghassan Sarkis, and there is no Ghassan Sarkis without ALL 4 CONDITIONS :

1-Karl and Nadim out of the List A ( bcz they were not called to the NT in the first place ).
2-Time Table for all NT camps and practices.
3-Pay the coaching staff the Due money ( starting from the U18 NT till today ).
4-BAN ALL PLAYERS WHO RAN AWAY FROM JOINING THE NT FOR NO JUSTIFIED REASONS.
But as some of u said,Ghassan Sarkis left may be a good thing for NT.

heart21
06-07-2012, 05:56 AM
But as some of u said,Ghassan Sarkis left may be a good thing for NT.

You are 100% correct Ghassan Sarkis should have left the NT long time ago because he chosed weak players that are not good enough to help us win against strong countries like China and Iran and for perrsonal reasons he didn't call Rony Fahed,Omar El Turk and Matt Freije where they are now the best 3 point shooters and would help us alot on offense and in the end I wish the best for the NT.

yuanqiuchiren
06-07-2012, 06:55 AM
You are 100% correct Ghassan Sarkis should have left the NT long time ago because he chosed weak players that are not good enough to help us win against strong countries like China and Iran and for perrsonal reasons he didn't call Rony Fahed,Omar El Turk and Matt Freije where they are now the best 3 point shooters and would help us alot on offense and in the end I wish the best for the NT.

however,if new coach come, will the old players like Fahed come back?

Khalid80
06-07-2012, 07:19 AM
however,if new coach come, will the old players like Fahed come back?

If we have a new coach and he invites Rony Fahed I do believe that Rony will join back with the NT... When Rony took the decision to retire from the NT he was very sad and it was clear that he took this decision because he felt that he wasn't appreciated...

yuanqiuchiren
06-07-2012, 07:20 AM
If we have a new coach and he invites Rony Fahed back to the NT I do believe that Rony will join back with the NT... When Rony took the decision to retire from the NT he was very sad and it was clear that he took this decision because he felt that he wasn't appreciated...

I c. Good luck to Lebanon NT.

Khalid80
06-07-2012, 07:23 AM
The problem we currently have is not our coach... It's our federation who doesn't care about the Lebanese NT! We need to have new elections very soon or else we will see another disastrous performance by our NT...

Khalid80
06-07-2012, 07:26 AM
I c. Good luck to Lebanon NT.

Duoxie :) Same to your NT in the Olympics this summer :)

yuanqiuchiren
06-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Duoxie :) Same to your NT in the Olympics this summer :)

U can speak Chinese? HAHA Thank u.
But what is the federation thinking about? In China, NT is the most important thing for the basketball federation.

Khalid80
06-07-2012, 07:52 AM
But what is the federation thinking about? In China, NT is the most important thing for the basketball federation.

Yidiandian ;) Bu keqi :)

Our federation is not professional at all (I am talking about this current federation in specific)... They care more about getting elected and being in power than actually doing anything for the NT...

Bernard
06-07-2012, 08:04 AM

it used to be like that with the old federation (a better one), but with this current one, it is full of corruption and personal benefits, which reflects negatively on the NT... (which is another reason why they do not care about our NT since the only high benefit they can get from is the League...)
a new federation should be elected ASAP and should involve strong and wealthy business men along with retired basketball players, who at least know things about the game and its needs....

Pierre kakhia could return back to the FLB or i dono if Anibal's sponsor Absi is up for the job, since he has a passion for the game and sponsoring teams...
but a new FLB should be elected for sure !!!

babdelkader
06-07-2012, 10:10 AM
well, we are fucked up,

Ghassan Sarkis would coach the NT even the Lebanese fans/Federation/Players DO NOT WANT HIM
the lebanese fans would never believe that G.S; nor Fouad Abou Chakra are eligible to coach the NT,
All G.S. does is to promise and promise, and at the end he BIG FAILS and blame the federation and the preparations, as for before we had a clear preparation schedule, it is well known that the lebanese fedaration HAD NEVER well prepared the NT before any championship, and what it always counted is the spirit and the good combination of players.
G.S. is now taken Nadim Hawi, who is a bench player in a 5th ranked team !!! is this logic ????
is his son Karl a Basketball player to be taken to the NT???
he knows that Fadi El Khatib wouldn't join the NT unless he is Champville player ...
no one of the players believes him or believes in his promises.

it's time to take off him, even it will be catastrophic, because with these players, he could win Iraq, and maybe Syria, but not Iran and Jordan, he will miss this time too , and will scout another goal, maybe the Olympics in 2050.

Bernard
06-07-2012, 12:33 PM
well, we are fucked up,

Ghassan Sarkis would coach the NT even the Lebanese fans/Federation/Players DO NOT WANT HIM
the lebanese fans would never believe that G.S; nor Fouad Abou Chakra are eligible to coach the NT,
All G.S. does is to promise and promise, and at the end he BIG FAILS and blame the federation and the preparations, as for before we had a clear preparation schedule, it is well known that the lebanese fedaration HAD NEVER well prepared the NT before any championship, and what it always counted is the spirit and the good combination of players.
G.S. is now taken Nadim Hawi, who is a bench player in a 5th ranked team !!! is this logic ????
is his son Karl a Basketball player to be taken to the NT???
he knows that Fadi El Khatib wouldn't join the NT unless he is Champville player ...
no one of the players believes him or believes in his promises.

it's time to take off him, even it will be catastrophic, because with these players, he could win Iraq, and maybe Syria, but not Iran and Jordan, he will miss this time too , and will scout another goal, maybe the Olympics in 2050.

like what did i tell u that whenever GS is staying in the NT, eventually he will call his son to the roster.......LOOOOOL UNBELIEVABLE !!!!! HILLARIOUS !!!! or is it a conicidence ?! hehehe
the Lebanese Basketball greatness has gone !!... its so sad to say that... but unfortunately this is the truth !!
ppl have to admit that the FLB along with GS drove us to this point !!....TFEH !!! shi bi arrif !

heart21
06-07-2012, 01:12 PM
I think Fouad Abou Shakra should be our new coach because we are out of time therefore we have to save our NT.

Bernard
06-07-2012, 01:31 PM
I think Fouad Abou Shakra should be our new coach because we are out of time therefore we have to save our NT.

u serious ?!.....

i'd rather put patrick saba as coach rather than FAC....

in such situations, FLB should take immediate action, if not, than it has to be waved now, and have new elections !!!!!!! this situation should be treated as URGENT !... but of course... careless.......

babdelkader
06-07-2012, 01:35 PM
4get man, is FAC better than GS ?
hahaha both are useless, they are leading teams with super talented players, that's it, but they are useless, they are not compared to Elias Zouros, or even Paul Caughter, etc...
btw Elias Zouros is now coaching the best team in Lithuania :)
3anna ma ken 3ajebna Elias zouros :P eh ne7na akbar mn heik :P 3anna ghassan sarkis, ba3d shway bye3mol l NT fer2et keshefé :!!!!!

babdelkader
06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
u serious ?!.....

i'd rather put patrick saba as coach rather than FAC....

in such situations, FLB should take immediate action, if not, than it has to be waved now, and have new elections !!!!!!! this situation should be treated as URGENT !... but of course... careless.......

Which urgency man ?

the teams has 7 point guards, the average of height is unless than 196 cm,
do you still believe that we can participate with such team ???
miguel martinez, rodrigue akl, hussein khatib, jad bitar, nadim hawi, the hero karl sarkis etc...
do u even leave ur work and watch these kids playing on behalf of the name of Lebanon ???
I don't. better to not participate. ashraflna...

leb-basket
06-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I prefer not to participate this year. Better stay at home and take a rest instead of showing a very bad performance. Let's take the under 19 nt. It would be useful at least. We need a new federation with a clear plan.

Khalid80
06-08-2012, 11:10 AM
I prefer not to participate this year. Better stay at home and take a rest instead of showing a very bad performance. Let's take the under 19 nt. It would be useful at least. We need a new federation with a clear plan.

I agree. With all these problems occurring I prefer we take a young U19 or U18 NT ... To be honest this WABA tournament just qualifies to the Stankovic tournament and the next main competition is the 2013 Asian Championship... Let's hope we have not just a new federation but one which actually cares and does something regarding our NT.

Bernard
06-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Which urgency man ?

the teams has 7 point guards, the average of height is unless than 196 cm,
do you still believe that we can participate with such team ???
miguel martinez, rodrigue akl, hussein khatib, jad bitar, nadim hawi, the hero karl sarkis etc...
do u even leave ur work and watch these kids playing on behalf of the name of Lebanon ???
I don't. better to not participate. ashraflna...

i meant by urgent action from the ministry.....bas kamen.... ya3neh 7emiya 7aramiya...... ya3neh l balad la wara wil fawda meshye....(translation : Chaos is all around) what can u say and do about that.... its really a pity to see all this happening... ya3neh we've been trying to show facts around here and no one is even trying to do anything or maybe the msg is not being delivered !....
ya 3aybeshoum !
ya3neh la bil bahdale bi 7esso, wala bil jerm l mashhoud bye3terfo.....kello 3al mafdou7, w mafi 7aya wil kher la eddem.... we are in year 2012 .... w 24/7 Power is being extinct from our country (it never existed anyways!) ... lol u expect they will fix minor problems such as Sports in General? basketball in specific ? our NTs in details (all sports) ?!?!

D I S G U S T I N G !!!!!

Long Live our LAND Lebanon !! (Except all the Politicians!!)

Bernard
06-10-2012, 10:47 AM
I agree. With all these problems occurring I prefer we take a young U19 or U18 NT ... To be honest this WABA tournament just qualifies to the Stankovic tournament and the next main competition is the 2013 Asian Championship... Let's hope we have not just a new federation but one which actually cares and does something regarding our NT.

100% all the way true...w Ahmad Ibrahim can play with them...
bas la2...this wont happen....byordo henneh bil bahdaleh as long as there is personal benefits ! ;)

the ministry should wave the FLB current offcials RIGHT AWAY !

Long Live our LAND Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians!!)

Khalid80
06-11-2012, 10:44 AM
100% all the way true...w Ahmad Ibrahim can play with them...
bas la2...this wont happen....byordo henneh bil bahdaleh as long as there is personal benefits ! ;)

the ministry should wave the FLB current offcials RIGHT AWAY !

Ahmad would never agree to play with them in my opinion...

NB: Remember guys that this is an international forum so English should only be used as i'm noticing that many recent posts are being written in Arabic. Thanks

tonysaade
06-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Hey guys good day ... Anyone knows where we can watch the games ?

Thank you :)

Bernard
06-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Ahmad would never agree to play with them in my opinion...

NB: Remember guys that this is an international forum so English should only be used as i'm noticing that many recent posts are being written in Arabic. Thanks

Translation of my previous and upcoming arabic written posts : "Disgusting"

:)

heart21
07-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Our national team roster is very unacceptable and disappointing to many basketball fans I know but as I see, hopefully everything will be changed till next year because we deserve to watch nice basketball.

Khalid80
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
I posted this on the Stankovic Thread but forgot to post it here as well...

As per Sports-leb.com website, a list of 19 players names have been initially sent by the Lebanese federation to their Asian counterparts regarding the Lebanese roster for the Stankovic Cup.... The final 12 names will be decided at a later stage.

Here are the names of the 19 players (players in bold were the ones that represented Lebanon in the WABA Qualifiers)... Fadi El Khatib as stated in previous posts will not be joining the Lebanese NT for this tournament:

Miguel Martinez (189-PG-88)
Garnett Thompson (206-C/F-80)
Hussein El Khatib (186-PG-86)
Jad Bitar (204-C/F-88)
Elie Estephane (194-G-86)
Nadim Hawe (205-C-83)
Rodrigue Akl (188-PG-88)
Charles Tabet (205-C-88)
Nadim Souaid (192-F/G-86)
Mohamad Ibrahim (195-G-83)
Ali Kanaan (205-C/F-85)
Jean Abdel Nour (198-F/G-83)
Ghaleb Rida (192-G-81)
Elie Roustom (197-F-87)
Roy Samaha (205-C-84)
Khalil Aoun (195-F-90)
Carl Sarkis (185-G-86)
Rabih Iskandar (208-C-91)
Paul Iskandar (202-F/C-93)

Coach: Ghassan Sarkis

Looking at the list of players above i'm glad that coach Ghassan has decided to keep the same players from the WABA tournament as he is giving these new players a chance to continue gaining international experience and not just relying on the older names that were representing our NT in previous years.

However I wish coach Ghassan didn't concentrate on naming so many Champville players regarding the list of additional 10 names that have been called to the NT and instead call up a few young talented players from other teams as well.

vivaspain
07-04-2012, 03:59 PM
strange that he didnt call bassel bawje

Khalid80
07-05-2012, 09:33 AM
strange that he didnt call bassel bawje

Some players that were called for the WABA and didn't show up for invalid excuses weren't called back again.... Bassel Bawji and Ahmad Ibrahim are amongst these players.

Le MaK
07-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Some players that were called for the WABA and didn't show up for invalid excuses weren't called back again.... Bassel Bawji and Ahmad Ibrahim are amongst these players.

Bassel's Main problem was not adapting with the fact that he might start from the bench sometimes.
For him, he's the ultimate Forward in lebanon, while for Coach Ghassan, he still didn't earn any starting line up " yet " .
So basically, i believe as long as Bassel can't change his mentality, we will miss him in the NT .

rocketstar47
07-06-2012, 10:24 AM
it seems LEBANON wants to redeem their self after a disappointing 2011 AC.

LEBANON CHINA IRAN are favorites to win on next years champs.

heart21
07-06-2012, 03:32 PM
it seems LEBANON wants to redeem their self after a disappointing 2011 AC.

LEBANON CHINA IRAN are favorites to win on next years champs.

LEBANON will win next year asia championship if our players changed as before in 2009 and our coach be changed by a better one who has a better vision to win against CHINA and IRAN.

Le MaK
07-09-2012, 09:10 AM
LEBANON will win next year asia championship if our players changed as before in 2009 and our coach be changed by a better one who has a better vision to win against CHINA and IRAN.

i have no idea what u wrote... but it's definitely far from being Logical or English!

heart21
07-09-2012, 10:14 AM
i have no idea what u wrote... but it's definitely far from being Logical or English!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:pMaybe dude u don't understand english, what I meant is that LEBANON cannot win against CHINA and IRAN with our current roster of 2012.So you have to know that our roster that happened in 2009 was our best roster ever and there was cheating by a referee in our semifinal game, so don't tell me that I am not clever and wake up.:p:p:p:p:confused::confused::confused:

Khalid80
07-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Relax guys... No need for that

Khalid80
07-10-2012, 07:13 AM
In a surprising move Ahmad Ibrahim was seen in attendence in yesterdays NT meeting at the Antoine Chouiery FLBB Headquarters were it was found out that coach Ghassan has invited Ahmad to the team tryouts after knowing that Ahmad is not suffering from any injuries and is fit to play.

NT tryouts for the Stankovic Cup will commence this Friday and participating in this years' Jones Cup will be one of the main preparations for our NT before heading to Japan for the Stankovic Cup.

Coach Ghassan has also mentioned that the Lebanese NT could have a camp in the Philippines in case the required funds and budgets were available which coach Ghassan was optimistic about. (info. was provided from sports-leb)

I think that's great news to be honest! Let's see how things will work out and if Ahmad will end up in the final roster of the team or not.

reamily
07-10-2012, 08:38 AM
You always have a good training camp in the Philippines (because of the accesibility of basketball courts)especially if the major asian tournaments are held in the east asian region almost the same time zone as the Philippines

Khalid80
07-10-2012, 09:53 AM
You always have a good training camp in the Philippines (because of the accesibility of basketball courts)especially if the major asian tournaments are held in the east asian region almost the same time zone as the Philippines

That's true bro. I do believe having training camps in the Philippines are the most beneficial for the Lebanese NT in the East Asian region. Maybe in China the level is higher but probably the language barrier and some other factors will give Philippines the advantage and especially considering that we have had the Lebanese NT have training camps in the Philippines in previous years so they know what to expect.

mangangalakal
07-10-2012, 12:48 PM
That's true bro. I do believe having training camps in the Philippines are the most beneficial for the Lebanese NT in the East Asian region. Maybe in China the level is higher but probably the language barrier and some other factors will give Philippines the advantage and especially considering that we have had the Lebanese NT have training camps in the Philippines in previous years so they know what to expect.

It would be nice to have an annual Lebanon-Philippines friendship game. Asia's biggest basketball fanatics collide hehe.

BTW will Garnett Thompson play in FIBA ASIA (Stankovic Cup)??

Khalid80
07-10-2012, 01:54 PM
It would be nice to have an annual Lebanon-Philippines friendship game. Asia's biggest basketball fanatics collide hehe.

BTW will Garnett Thompson play in FIBA ASIA (Stankovic Cup)??

Yeah that would definitely be nice :)

Yes Garnett Thompson will be playing with the Lebanese NT in the Stankovic Cup. There were talks about getting another Naturalized player instead of Garnett but lack of time and budget prevented this from happening.

vivaspain
07-10-2012, 02:12 PM
i am wondering why they dont call philip tabet for the training with nt ( even if he didn't play for a while ), cause some said that he's better than his brother charle.

heart21
07-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Ali Mahmoud should join the national team.

Khalid80
07-10-2012, 07:32 PM
i am wondering why they dont call philip tabet for the training with nt ( even if he didn't play for a while ), cause some said that he's better than his brother charle.

You can't take such a risk... The guy hasn't played as in he hasn't played any competitive basketball since he graduated in 2010. 2 years without playing any organized basketball is a long time and we will have to wait for him to get back in shape and for his level to get back to what it used to be and this isn't something that takes a few days or weeks... It will probably take months!
If Philip does play well in the Lebanese league this season then we can consider him for next year's NT that will play in the Asian Championship.

Stankovic Cup is in almost 2 months and for sure Philip won't be ready by then.

Khalid80
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Ali Mahmoud should join the national team.

No need. I think he should relax this summer and concentrate on fully recovering from his injuries.
I prefer we keep on playing Rodrigues Akl and Miguel Martinez because they are the ones who we should build our NT around as they need to keep gaining as much experience as possible and we need their presence in the future.

vivaspain
07-10-2012, 09:25 PM
yep , u got a point.

Le MaK
07-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Yeah that would definitely be nice :)

Yes Garnett Thompson will be playing with the Lebanese NT in the Stankovic Cup. There were talks about getting another Naturalized player instead of Garnett but lack of time and budget prevented this from happening.

Let's not sleep on this matter, We might have another alternative for Garnett thompson in the next few days.
But to be Honest, if it comes to me, i'd stick with GT !

about the Annual friendly game, well it's definitely a very good idea, especially that both National Teams are considered among the top 5 in asia .
The only problem would be the funds, when it comes to lebanon ! sometimes affording the tickets turns to be a huge problem :)

Le MaK
07-13-2012, 07:09 AM
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:pMaybe dude u don't understand english, what I meant is that LEBANON cannot win against CHINA and IRAN with our current roster of 2012.So you have to know that our roster that happened in 2009 was our best roster ever and there was cheating by a referee in our semifinal game, so don't tell me that I am not clever and wake up.:p:p:p:p:confused::confused::confused:

Indeed , i'm more into french... so excuse my ignorance .
Basketball, Wise in 2009 Our NT had a tremendous budget that almost reached the 2.1 M USD .
We had a nationalized 55K/month player , an abroad for 35K/month, another abroad for 25K... !
Would you please remind me of our Objectives at that point?
winning asia - winning pan arab - qualifying to the WC ( obviously ).
We ended up third in asia, second in arab, qualified to the WC via the wild " charity " card.

no two sane ppl can discuss the fact that Rony's foul was a harsh bad call , that's for granted .
but never the less, Our budget and " super star " group of players were dramatically 6X-7X those we have @ this moment.
what i mean is, Comparing Garnett thompson 2012 to Jackson Vroman 2009 is a disgrace for basketball knowledge . ( atm i'd pick Garnett @ any day ).
We had Camps, we played Stankovic , we played friendlies ... we even started practicing 3 months before the official landing.
in 2012, we first gathered 10 days before kickoff ... practiced 3 times , missed almost 70% of our 2011 NT.

now to be fair enough, Give the current NT half what we gave to our 2009's , and let's judge them according to that.
I have no idea but, in the last version of Fiba asia, where everyone Guaranteed an Iranian - Chinese Final , with a big push for the iranian to win the gold...
We witnessed the Old Jordanian NT, Beating Iran in one of their greatest performance ever... and gave China a one hell of a fight to lose the game in its last couple seconds.
does that mean Jordan NT is better than ours? ... not to mention that we can beat them on any day !

Excuse my Poor English again.
thanks

Khalid80
07-13-2012, 07:32 AM
We ended up third in asia, second in arab, qualified to the WC via the wild " charity " card.

I wish 3rd.. We ended up in 4th place after losing to Jordan 80-66 in the 3rd-4th place match and that's why we ended up paying 500,000 US$ and hoping to qualify for the wild card.

Le MaK
07-13-2012, 07:52 AM
I wish 3rd.. We ended up in 4th place after losing to Jordan 80-66 in the 3rd-4th place match and that's why we ended up paying 500,000 US$ and hoping to qualify for the wild card.

yes indeed... i forgot we even played that game...

vivaspain
07-13-2012, 12:05 PM
the fact that iran and jordan were better than us during the last years is because they always keep the same players . for example , IRAN, has approximately the same team and player since 2006 ( only one or 2 substitutes )but they also have the same center , same point guard , same 3 pt shooter , the same forward.

the problem with our nt is that every year change player in every position and so the coach lets start in (2005-2006-2007-) center joe vogel , roy samaha , ali fakhreidine.bassem balaa /(2009-2010) new naturalized jackson vroman , matt freije , ali kanaan , daniel faris(only 2009) /(2011) new naturalized (champville player) ali kanaan and charle tabet , bassel bawje./2011-2012(arab cup)new naturalized (champville player), ali kanaan , nadim / ( west asia in jordan )again a new naturalized garnet thompson , jad bitar , charles tabet, nadim .

SO IN CONCLUSION DURING THE LAST 4 YEARS NATURALIZED 3 PLAYER ,ITS LIKE EACH ONE PLAY ONLY FOR ONE YEAR ,HOW MANY LEBANESE POSITION 4-5 AT LEAST 12. IRAN since 2005 till now its ahmad haddadi and Asghar Kardoust

THE 3PT SHOOTER , 2005-2006 sabah khoury and omar turk and rony fahed./ 2007-2008-2009 (rony and omar) /and during 2010-2011-2012 elie estanf. IRAN since 2005 till now its Hamed Afagh.

THE POINTGUARD, 2005 ( the principale pointguard rony fahed)/ 2006-2007-2008-2009-2010(rony and ali )/2011-2012 rodrigue and miguel. so at least 5 point guards during the last years . IRAN from 2005 till now its Mahdi Kamrani .

thats my opinion if we continued like that to change every years 3 or 4 players. every player needs some time to adapt with the team .

heart21
07-16-2012, 05:20 AM
Our naturalized player should be changed this year since he is not a center and Jackson Vroman is a better player than him.

Khalid80
07-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Our naturalized player should be changed this year since he is not a center and Jackson Vroman is a better player than him.

Man Vroman hasn't been consistent this past year. He played in 3 different countries and didn't last with any of his teams...

A friend of mine who has been following Vroman's news for a long while even told me that Vroman used to smuggle alcohol into Iran (when he used to play there) and make good money out of it... How crazy is that!!!

By the way you guys should follow Vroman on twitter... The guy is a huge party animal (I do believe he cares more about partying than basketball) and he's hilarious as well. Some of his tweets this past week..

Jaxon Vroman‏@U_Dunno_JACK 14 Jul

I need some new friends that like to party.

Jaxon Vroman‏@U_Dunno_JACK 13 Jul

Party? @djpolitik

Jaxon Vroman‏@U_Dunno_JACK 12 Jul

If ur in LA this Fri u should check out my friend @AshleyInLA at the Comedy store. Shes not funny but she has nice tits

Jaxon Vroman‏@U_Dunno_JACK 10 Jul

Ve Ve Ve Vespa Motor Scooter, yo chick work at hooters. When I tweet I use my 15 inch macbook computer. @JimmyGreenup @YesJulz #mercy #remix

Jaxon Vroman‏@U_Dunno_JACK 9 Jul

Anybody partying tonight in Miami @JimmyGreenup?

heart21
07-19-2012, 05:55 AM
My best roster for William Jones Cup in my opinion is:

1-Fadi El Khatib

2-Elie Rustom

3-Ahmad Ibrahim

4-Charles Tabet

5-Omar El Turk

6-Jean Abdel Nour

7-Rony Fahed

8-Matt Freije

9-Ali Kanaan

10-Jackson Vroman

11-Philip Tabet

12-Elie Stephan

babdelkader
07-19-2012, 10:26 AM
My best roster for William Jones Cup in my opinion is:

1-Fadi El Khatib

2-Elie Rustom

3-Ahmad Ibrahim

4-Charles Tabet

5-Omar El Turk

6-Jean Abdel Nour

7-Rony Fahed

8-Matt Freije

9-Ali Kanaan

10-Jackson Vroman

11-Philip Tabet

12-Elie Stephan

Matt is like Billy and Daniel Fares, they could not join the NT anymore, due to the new FIBA rules.

heart21
07-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Matt is like Billy and Daniel Fares, they could not join the NT anymore, due to the new FIBA rules.

Is there is a possibility to change the new fiba rules since before he played with us in 2009 and 2010 or is it impossible?

Khalid80
07-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Is there is a possibility to change the new fiba rules since before he played with us in 2009 and 2010 or is it impossible?

No that's not possible.
The FIBA rule was implemented in 2011 and will continue being in effect... FIBA did this mainly after Qatar was taking advantage and naturalizing all their NT. The countries in Asia that are most affected by this are Qatar and to a lesser extent Philippines, Lebanon and just slightly Jordan.

leb-basket
07-20-2012, 11:10 AM
No that's not possible.
The FIBA rule was implemented in 2011 and will continue being in effect... FIBA did this mainly after Qatar was taking advantage and naturalizing all their NT. The countries in Asia that are most affected by this are Qatar and to a lesser extent Philippines, Lebanon and just slightly Jordan.

this will hurt us unless we decide to improve our basketball academies

JAMSKIE
07-21-2012, 03:26 AM
No that's not possible.

From what I understand sir, players who played as "locals" (these include half-breed &/or foreign born players) for their respective countries in previous FIBA-sanctioned tournaments prior to this new FIBA rule, are cleared to play as locals. This explains why Filipino-American players like Kelly Williams & Asi Taulava were not questioned by FIBA-Asia in last year's FIBA-Asia Men's Championships even though these players were not able to lay claim of their Filipino citizenship before they turned 16 years old, as what the new FIBA rule on eligibility requires. The new FIBA rule being not retroactive.

Therefore, I think Matt Freije is still eligible to play as a "local" for Lebanon since he played in the 2009 FIBA-Asia Men's Championship as a local player.

(Of course, I stand corrected by this)

Khalid80
07-21-2012, 10:47 AM
From what I understand sir, players who played as "locals" (these include half-breed &/or foreign born players) for their respective countries in previous FIBA-sanctioned tournaments prior to this new FIBA rule, are cleared to play as locals. This explains why Filipino-American players like Kelly Williams & Asi Taulava were not questioned by FIBA-Asia in last year's FIBA-Asia Men's Championships even though these players were not able to lay claim of their Filipino citizenship before they turned 16 years old, as what the new FIBA rule on eligibility requires. The new FIBA rule being not retroactive.

Therefore, I think Matt Freije is still eligible to play as a "local" for Lebanon since he played in the 2009 FIBA-Asia Men's Championship as a local player.

(Of course, I stand corrected by this)

I was thinking the same at first but in that case what would you say about Qatar's players? The majority of them are non-Qatari but were previously playing in the Qatari league as locals and have also previously represented the Qatari NT.

Also one of our players, William/Billy Phares, who has been playing for a few years in Lebanon now as a local was ruled ineligible by FIBA from playing with Lebanon in the last WABA qualifiers just last month.

Maybe if the player has played with the NT for many years they disregard this like in the case of Asi and Kelly but i'm not sure.

JAMSKIE
07-23-2012, 04:40 AM
I was thinking the same at first but in that case what would you say about Qatar's players? The majority of them are non-Qatari but were previously playing in the Qatari league as locals and have also previously represented the Qatari NT.

Also one of our players, William/Billy Phares, who has been playing for a few years in Lebanon now as a local was ruled ineligible by FIBA from playing with Lebanon in the last WABA qualifiers just last month.

Maybe if the player has played with the NT for many years they disregard this like in the case of Asi and Kelly but i'm not sure.

If you examine the case of Qatar national team players that were barred from playing in last year's FIBA-Asia Men's Championships, those were players that had not yet played for Qatar NT in the previous editions of FIBA-Asia Men's Championships. I think among the Qatari cagers whose eligibility was questioned were Tauguy Ngombo, Ousseynou N'Diaye, Mame Souleye Ndour, among others. These players were first timers in FIBA-Asia Men's Championships last year & since the new FIBA rule on eligibility was implemented only last year (I stand corrected by this), those Qatari players who are rumored to be non-Qatari citizens but have played for Qatar NT in the previous editions of FIBA-Asia Men's Championships could no longer be subjected to scrutiny becoz they had already been cleared years ago. Like what I said, the new FIBA rule on eligibility isn't retroactive. That was perhaps the reason why players like Erfan Ali Saeed, Ali Turki Ali, Saad Abdulrahman Ali, etc. (these players were rumored to be non-Qatari citizens) were cleared to play as locals in last year's FIBA-Asia Men's Championship. These players have played for Qatar for many years now.

Now with regards to the issue why Ngombo, N'Diaye & Ndour are now cleared to play in next year's FIBA-Asia, I could only suspect that the Qatari basketball officials must have fabricated & faked documents to convince FIBA-Asia officials that these players are legitimate Qatari citizens.

"Also one of our players, William/Billy Phares, who has been playing for a few years in Lebanon now as a local was ruled ineligible by FIBA from playing with Lebanon in the last WABA qualifiers just last month."

I assume that William Phares is a half-breed Lebanese &/or foreign born Lebanese citizen.

Well, it boils down to 2 questions:

1. Did William Phares able to lay claim of his Lebanese citizenship before he turned 16 years old?

2. Has William Phares played in previous edition of FIBA-Asia Men's Championship?

Khalid80
07-23-2012, 08:42 AM
If you examine the case of Qatar national team players that were barred from playing in last year's FIBA-Asia Men's Championships, those were players that had not yet played for Qatar NT in the previous editions of FIBA-Asia Men's Championships. I think among the Qatari cagers whose eligibility was questioned were Tauguy Ngombo, Ousseynou N'Diaye, Mame Souleye Ndour, among others. These players were first timers in FIBA-Asia Men's Championships last year & since the new FIBA rule on eligibility was implemented only last year (I stand corrected by this), those Qatari players who are rumored to be non-Qatari citizens but have played for Qatar NT in the previous editions of FIBA-Asia Men's Championships could no longer be subjected to scrutiny becoz they had already been cleared years ago. Like what I said, the new FIBA rule on eligibility isn't retroactive. That was perhaps the reason why players like Erfan Ali Saeed, Ali Turki Ali, Saad Abdulrahman Ali, etc. (these players were rumored to be non-Qatari citizens) were cleared to play as locals in last year's FIBA-Asia Men's Championship. These players have played for Qatar for many years now.

Now with regards to the issue why Ngombo, N'Diaye & Ndour are now cleared to play in next year's FIBA-Asia, I could only suspect that the Qatari basketball officials must have fabricated & faked documents to convince FIBA-Asia officials that these players are legitimate Qatari citizens.

You do bring up some very valid points pareng Jamskie.
I did some backreading from the forums here since I remember we talked about Qatar's situation... These were the 7 players that were allowed to represent Qatar in the FIBA Asian Championship in 2011 (below). Even though these players are not of Qatari origin they have been playing with the Qatari NT for some time now so that's why they were elligible to play.
The other 5 names which included the likes of Tanguy Ngombo, Ousseynou N'Diaye, Mame Souleye Ndour... Were new players for Qatar and that's why their names were rejected by FIBA Asia as you mentioned.

Eligible players for Qatar NT:

#7 Saad Abdul Rahman ALi
#9 Ali Turki Ali
#10 Khalil Abdallah Adam
#11 Erfan Saeed
#13 Hamam Omar Ismael
#14 Abudallah Shaher Matalkeh
#15 Omar Abdel Kader Salem

I assume that William Phares is a half-breed Lebanese &/or foreign born Lebanese citizen.

Well, it boils down to 2 questions:

1. Did William Phares able to lay claim of his Lebanese citizenship before he turned 16 years old?

2. Has William Phares played in previous edition of FIBA-Asia Men's Championship?

Yes Phares was born and raised in the U.S and his family from his father's side is Lebanese. Unfortunately Pharis only regained his Lebanese citizenship right before coming to Lebanon in 2010 and he was already 29 years old. Pharis first joined the NT in the Jones Cup in 2010 but hasn't played in any previous FIBA-Asia Men's Championship prior to 2011.

But if this is the case then Matt Freije and Daniel Faris can still represent Lebanon because they both played in FIBA-Asia Men's Championship in 2009 as well as Freije playing with Lebanon in the 2010 World Championships in Turkey... even though both players regained their Lebanese citizenship after they turned 16 years of age.

I hope they can still represent Lebanon since they are good players and quite valuable for our NT.

mangangalakal
07-23-2012, 12:54 PM
You do bring up some very valid points pareng Jamskie.
I did some backreading from the forums here since I remember we talked about Qatar's situation... These were the 7 players that were allowed to represent Qatar in the FIBA Asian Championship in 2011 (below). Even though these players are not of Qatari origin they have been playing with the Qatari NT for some time now so that's why they were elligible to play.
The other 5 names which included the likes of Tanguy Ngombo, Ousseynou N'Diaye, Mame Souleye Ndour... Were new players for Qatar and that's why their names were rejected by FIBA Asia as you mentioned.

Eligible players for Qatar NT:

#7 Saad Abdul Rahman ALi
#9 Ali Turki Ali
#10 Khalil Abdallah Adam
#11 Erfan Saeed
#13 Hamam Omar Ismael
#14 Abudallah Shaher Matalkeh
#15 Omar Abdel Kader Salem

Yes Phares was born and raised in the U.S and his family from his father's side is Lebanese. Unfortunately Pharis only regained his Lebanese citizenship right before coming to Lebanon in 2010 and he was already 29 years old. Pharis first joined the NT in the Jones Cup in 2010 but hasn't played in any previous FIBA-Asia Men's Championship prior to 2011.

But if this is the case then Matt Freije and Daniel Faris can still represent Lebanon because they both played in FIBA-Asia Men's Championship in 2009 as well as Freije playing with Lebanon in the 2010 World Championships in Turkey... even though both players regained their Lebanese citizenship after they turned 16 years of age.

I hope they can still represent Lebanon since they are good players and quite valuable for our NT.

If William Pharis only claimed his citizenship when he was already 29, he'll never be able to play in the FIBA Championship.

Khalid80
07-23-2012, 02:11 PM
If William Pharis only claimed his citizenship when he was already 29, he'll never be able to play in the FIBA Championship.

Yes this is known and there's nothing that can be done regarding this.

Matt Freije also claimed his citizenship when he was 28 but he played with Lebanon in both the FIBA Asian Championship in 2009 and the World Championships in 2010 but this was before the new FIBA rule was implemented in 2011.

As for Daniel Fares he was 22 in 2009 when he claimed his Lebanese citizenship.

vivaspain
07-23-2012, 02:34 PM
khalid , u mean that there is still a chance to see daniel and matt with the NT ?

Khalid80
07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
khalid , u mean that there is still a chance to see daniel and matt with the NT ?

From what is being discussed it seems yes there is a chance that they can play with the NT... But I just want to find something official that this rule doesn't affect the players who obtained citizenship after they were 16 before this law was passed in 2011. Because with FIBA Asia nothing is clear till the last minute.

But I will tell you this... Coach Ghassan will not call their names to the NT and unless we have a big budget for the 2013 Asian Championships I don't see them playing with the Lebanese NT.

JAMSKIE
07-25-2012, 06:05 AM
But I just want to find something official that this rule doesn't affect the players who obtained citizenship after they were 16 before this law was passed in 2011. Because with FIBA Asia nothing is clear till the last minute.
From what is being discussed it seems yes there is a chance that they can play with the NT... But I just want to find something official that this rule doesn't affect the players who obtained citizenship after they were 16 before this law was passed in 2011. Because with FIBA Asia nothing is clear till the last minute.

"But I will tell you this... Coach Ghassan will not call their names to the NT and unless we have a big budget for the 2013 Asian Championships I don't see them playing with the Lebanese NT."

Sir, if you want some ideas about the new FIBA rule regarding eligibility, I suggest you try to visit the Philippine thread "SBP long term national pool vol. XIX" (I think you're very much familiar w/ that), and do some back reading becoz that was our topic about 2 days ago. There's a poster named Nardy(you might have already known him), who is very much familiar & well adversed w/ this new rule of FIBA.

Khalid80
07-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Sir, if you want some ideas about the new FIBA rule regarding eligibility, I suggest you try to visit the Philippine thread "SBP long term national pool vol. XIX" (I think you're very much familiar w/ that), and do some back reading becoz that was our topic about 2 days ago. There's a poster named Nardy(you might have already known him), who is very much familiar & well adversed w/ this new rule of FIBA.

I do read what is being posted in the Philippines section (not as much as I used to previously)...Well even after back reading what is mentioned still there's nothing that is 100% concrete... so I do guess it would be better to say that our players Daniel Faris and Matt Freije status of being eligible to play with the Lebanese NT is still not certain and can't be taken as something tangible.

P.S: Yeah of course I know Nardy! Both of us registered here in the forums at around the same time 4 years back and we have had many basketball discussions in the past.

heart21
07-25-2012, 08:27 AM
C.J Giles is going to be our new naturalized player instead of Garnett Thompson but unfortunately he is not that very good on offense.

JAMSKIE
07-26-2012, 06:13 AM
C.J Giles is going to be our new naturalized player instead of Garnett Thompson but unfortunately he is not that very good on offense.

And he's not a natural center & seems quite soft (lacks some toughness inside the shaded lane). Of course it's just my opinion. He was actually the 1st prospect of Smart Gilas-Philipine team for naturalization but from what I heard, Giles had some attitude problems that's why coach Rajko Toroman decided to replace him

Khalid80
07-26-2012, 08:52 AM
And he's not a natural center & seems quite soft (lacks some toughness inside the shaded lane). Of course it's just my opinion. He was actually the 1st prospect of Smart Gilas-Philipine team for naturalization but from what I heard, Giles had some attitude problems that's why coach Rajko Toroman decided to replace him

Many people in Lebanon are worried and complaining about Giles attitude and both his irresponsible on-court as well as off-court behaviour.
Giles meanwhile has promised to coach Ghassan Sarkis that he has now changed and he won't be causing problems but still most of us are skeptical about him because his attitude issues have been surfacing on a continuous basis...

Skill wise he's not the best but can be a descent player with our limited budget... Let's see what happens.

heart21
07-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I hope that Lebanon will host the fiba asia next year for the first time with a new coach and with strong experienced players to become the champions of asia.
I think it is not hard to happen if we are working hard on getting rid of our useless players and replacing them with our strong not called players.
Good luck for our national team.:(:p

Khalid80
07-31-2012, 09:27 AM
So finally we were able to get the required funds (800,000 US$ for all our NT's) and now can be able to send our NT's to the Jones Cup as well as the Stankovic Cup.

CJ Giles will be our naturalized players if he passes his physical examination when he arrives to Lebanon sometime soon..

Our roster for the Jones Cup will look something like this:

Rodrigue Akl (188-PG-88)
Carl Sarkis (185-G-86)
Ahmad Ibrahim (201-G/F-92)
Jean Abdel Nour (198-G/F-83)
Nadim Souaid (192-G/F-86)
Ali Kanaan (205-C/F-85)
C.J. Chester Giles (211-C-85)

and one of the following 2 players:

The teeam will miss the services of the following players due to injuries or other commitments:

Charles Tabet (205-C-88)
Ghaleb Rida (192-G-81)
Elie Roustom (197-F-87)
Nadim Hawe (205-C-83)
Ali Mahmoud (183-G-83)
Fadi El Khatib (198-F-79)
Bassel Bawji (203-F/C-89)

vivaspain
08-01-2012, 12:12 AM
the think that really shock me , is that ghassan chose 4 point guards ?

JAMSKIE
08-01-2012, 06:15 AM
So finally we were able to get the required funds (800,000 US$ for all our NT's) and now can be able to send our NT's to the Jones Cup as well as the Stankovic Cup.

CJ Giles will be our naturalized players if he passes his physical examination when he arrives to Lebanon sometime soon..

Rodrigue Akl (188-PG-88)
Carl Sarkis (185-G-86)
Ali Kanaan (205-C/F-85)

The teeam will miss the services of the following players due to injuries or other commitments:

Charles Tabet (205-C-88)
Ghaleb Rida (192-G-81)
Elie Roustom (197-F-87)
Nadim Hawe (205-C-83)
Ali Mahmoud (183-G-83)

See you in the Jones Cup & Stankovic Cup. BTW, it would be better if Fadi El Khatib would be in both tournaments.

Khalid80
08-01-2012, 07:25 AM
See you in the Jones Cup & Stankovic Cup. BTW, it would be better if Fadi El Khatib would be in both tournaments.

You think :p ?
Fadi already apologized from being able to be with the Lebanese NT during the Jones Cup due to family commitments... In Stankovic he might be with the team... Anyways it's time to move on.. Khatib isn't going to be there forever for us... We should start thinking about the Lebanese NT without Khatib in our lineup... If he wants and is able to join, great! If not, we'll just have to keep moving on!

Khalid80
08-01-2012, 07:31 AM
the think that really shock me , is that ghassan chose 4 point guards ?

Yes having 3 point guards would be more than enough... Without Charles Tabet and Bassel Bawji we are clearly suffering on the PF/C spots.. Ali Kanaan and CJ will be playing extensive minutes because whichever of the Iskandar players is selected they still aren't good enough and don't have the required experience to play in such tournaments.
If I were coach Sarkis I would put my personal issues with Bawji aside and re-invite to the NT instead of the Iskandar brothers... We need him to be with us with Charles being injured.

Lebanon
08-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Yes having 3 point guards would be more than enough... Without Charles Tabet and Bassel Bawji we are clearly suffering on the PF/C spots.. Ali Kanaan and CJ will be playing extensive minutes because whichever of the Iskandar players is selected they still aren't good enough and don't have the required experience to play in such tournaments.
If I were coach Sarkis I would put my personal issues with Bawji aside and re-invite to the NT instead of the Iskandar brothers... We need him to be with us with Charles being injured.

There are no personal issues between Sarkis and Bawgi. Bawgi doesn't want to join the NT unless he is guaranteed a starting spot!

Khalid80
08-01-2012, 07:17 PM
There are no personal issues between Sarkis and Bawgi. Bawgi doesn't want to join the NT unless he is guaranteed a starting spot!

I might have missed reading that as I thought it was coach Ghassan who prefers not to have him on the NT since he mentioned that those players who didn't join the NT for the WABA won't be given preferences to join the NT except if they had valid excuses like Jean Abdel Nour with his injury or Ali Kanaan and Ahmad Ibrahim since they would be replacements for the injured Charles Tabet and also Fadi since he won't be able to join the team.

Lebanon
08-01-2012, 07:56 PM
I might have missed reading that as I thought it was coach Ghassan who prefers not to have him on the NT since he mentioned that those players who didn't join the NT for the WABA won't be given preferences to join the NT except if they had valid excuses like Jean Abdel Nour with his injury or Ali Kanaan and Ahmad Ibrahim since they would be replacements for the injured Charles Tabet and also Fadi since he won't be able to join the team.

Bassel joined the trainings in June then when he realized that GS was prefering Charles over him, he started randomly skipping training sessions then stopped attending.

Khalid80
08-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Bassel joined the trainings in June then when he realized that GS was prefering Charles over him, he started randomly skipping training sessions then stopped attending.

I see.. Thanks for the clarification

vivaspain
08-01-2012, 09:10 PM
btw khalid80 and others , bassel bawje is my friend and since few days i talk with him and he told me that GS was prefering Charles over him. GS want him to play in the position 4-5 , but he said that he prefer the position 3-4 ( its not because hes 2m 3 )just like brian bechara . so in my opinion i agree with bassel , cause he's still young (22 years) and he's improving in 3pt, speed and scoring. And if u watching the europeen team all their forward are 6'8'' and more . another example watch the tunisie NT who qualified for the world cup and the Olympic game ,they have at least six players who exceed the 2m.

No. Pos. Nom Hauteur +
7 A (3) EL MABROUK M 1.89 m +
8 M (1) KECHRID M 1.76 m +
9 A (3) HADIDANE M 2.07 m +
4 A (3) SLIMANE R 2.04 m +
11 AF (4) GHAYAZA M 2.05 m +
12 AF (4) BEN ROMDHANE M 2.04 m +
14 AF (4) HAFSI M 2.03 m +
13 orp_bk_position_(3 (3) RZIG A 1.98 m +
15 AF (4) MEJRI S 2.16 m +
- G (1) KNIOUA N 1.89 m +
- G (1) TOUMI Z 1.92 m +
5 M (1) LAGHNEJ M 1.88 m +

yuanqiuchiren
08-02-2012, 03:42 AM

Rodrigue Akl (188-PG-88)
Carl Sarkis (185-G-86)
Ali Kanaan (205-C/F-85)

Charles Tabet (205-C-88)
Ghaleb Rida (192-G-81)
Elie Roustom (197-F-87)
Nadim Hawe (205-C-83)
Ali Mahmoud (183-G-83)
Can u introduce Rabih Iskandar and Paul Iskandar? Brothers?

Le MaK
08-02-2012, 05:44 AM
btw khalid80 and others , bassel bawje is my friend and since few days i talk with him and he told me that GS was prefering Charles over him. GS want him to play in the position 4-5 , but he said that he prefer the position 3-4 ( its not because hes 2m 3 )just like brian bechara . so in my opinion i agree with bassel , cause he's still young (22 years) and he's improving in 3pt, speed and scoring. And if u watching the europeen team all their forward are 6'8'' and more . another example watch the tunisie NT who qualified for the world cup and the Olympic game ,they have at least six players who exceed the 2m.

No. Pos. Nom Hauteur +
7 A (3) EL MABROUK M 1.89 m +
8 M (1) KECHRID M 1.76 m +
9 A (3) HADIDANE M 2.07 m +
4 A (3) SLIMANE R 2.04 m +
11 AF (4) GHAYAZA M 2.05 m +
12 AF (4) BEN ROMDHANE M 2.04 m +
14 AF (4) HAFSI M 2.03 m +
13 orp_bk_position_(3 (3) RZIG A 1.98 m +
15 AF (4) MEJRI S 2.16 m +
- G (1) KNIOUA N 1.89 m +
- G (1) TOUMI Z 1.92 m +
5 M (1) LAGHNEJ M 1.88 m +

With all due respects to whoever told you this, but i was a side of the discussion that took place between Bassel and the NT Coach.
The coach didn't want Bassel to play as a Pf/C but obviously a PF/SF.
Bassel CAN NEVER start on the SF position, NEVER!
its a debate if he's the starting PF or not, but for me it's definitely Ali kanaan, over any of the others.

Ghassan didn't even mention to bassel that he's starting of the bench, but he said the following " earn your starting spot, otherwise u'll start of the bench " .
Such attitude, a friend of urs or not, is not acceptable for a very promising Talent. Bassel is a very nice guy who aims very high... But until he starts improving his ball handling and long range shooting, he's nothing more than PF with 5-7 mins on the SF.

On the other hand, we do have Jean-rustom-Elie-Ghaleb-Ahmad and Fadi , who can all start on the SF ... with a very decent advantage for Fadi over all the others. If Bassel believes he's a better SF than any of the mentioned names, thats a huge problem.

Again, I love bassel as a players, same goes for ghassan... he actually wanted him in champville ( but couldn't afford him ).

Le MaK
08-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Can u introduce Rabih Iskandar and Paul Iskandar? Brothers?

Rabih Iskandar is a guy with very big body, strong one.
his basketball Skills just started to improve, and he's getting better day after day... hopefully, he'll turn into what the coach expects for him.
Paul is a 204 cm ( not 202 cm ), Straight PF. Great mid range and FT shot, very good timing on the rebounds, and very decent foot work.
He's still young, and short when it comes to experience, but i do expect him to shine in the next couple years.

and yes they are brothers.

vivaspain
08-02-2012, 11:37 AM
i 100% agree with u le mak , and i also like ghassan as a great coach ( i have nothing against him ) its just that i dont understand why he chose 4 point guards , that's all . bassel never said that he's a better SF than any of the mentioned names, and i am sure that he will still improve and shine in few years.

Le MaK
08-03-2012, 07:47 AM
i 100% agree with u le mak , and i also like ghassan as a great coach ( i have nothing against him ) its just that i dont understand why he chose 4 point guards , that's all . bassel never said that he's a better SF than any of the mentioned names, and i am sure that he will still improve and shine in few years.

I just wish we can take way more PF/C .... for ex :
Charles : injured
Billy : Fiba thing
Daniel : Fiba and ACL
Nadim hawi : Marriage
Roy : Doesn't want to
Hamdar : doesn't want to
ALi fakhrelddin : Doesn't want to
Bassel bawji : doesn't want to
Jad bitar : Injury

Correct me if im mistaken, but these are all the bigs we have ( regardless from Patrick bou abboud , bachir ammoury who are not close to be called PF ).
Yehya sabra should have been in the list, but i honestly have no idea if he rejected to join or wasn't called... but i'll definitely ask about it.

vivaspain
08-03-2012, 01:47 PM
thx for the reply le mak , now i understand everything . i hope that the Jones Cup & Stankovic Cup will be a good preparation for the NT and specially for cj giles ( if he's the one) and for ahmad brahim . and i hope to see daniel with the team , cause some said that there is still a chance to see him play with the NT( if it's true).

mangangalakal
08-07-2012, 05:02 AM
IMHO Lebanon could have done better than selecting CJ Giles. Yes, he's athletic and can get you those shot blocks, but from when I last saw him in FIBA Champions Cup Manila, he has tended to become a 4 and not a centre. He has also displayed a greater tendency towards playing away from the paint. Won't this be a concern for the team?

JAMSKIE
08-07-2012, 05:45 AM
IMHO Lebanon could have done better than selecting CJ Giles. Yes, he's athletic and can get you those shot blocks, but from when I last saw him in FIBA Champions Cup Manila, he has tended to become a 4 and not a centre. He has also displayed a greater tendency towards playing away from the paint. Won't this be a concern for the team?

And looking at CJ Giles' performance in last year's FIBA-Asia Champion's Cup held in Manila from the time when he was Philippines-Smart Gilas import in 2009, it seemed he hasn't matured as a player. I think it was really a big gamble for Lebanon.

Le MaK
08-07-2012, 06:46 AM
And looking at CJ Giles' performance in last year's FIBA-Asia Champion's Cup held in Manila from the time when he was Philippines-Smart Gilas import in 2009, it seemed he hasn't matured as a player. I think it was really a big gamble for Lebanon.

It's Just that you guys took it for granted .
Till this moment, C.J is not even close to be the Lebanese new nationalized player.
To be accurate, he is no longer an option.

Lebanon
08-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Michael Southall is an option again.

mangangalakal
08-07-2012, 09:34 AM
It's Just that you guys took it for granted .
Till this moment, C.J is not even close to be the Lebanese new nationalized player.
To be accurate, he is no longer an option.

Copy (Good on the Lebanese basketball honchos). BTW Sir who do you think is the most bankable (I mean the best) big man in Lebanon today?

Le MaK
08-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Copy (Good on the Lebanese basketball honchos). BTW Sir who do you think is the most bankable (I mean the best) big man in Lebanon today?

I'm not sure your only talking about foreign player, but in case you do, last year it was Sam hoskin without any doubt .
as for the 2012-2013 season, we still have no idea who the big guys are.

Local wise, i would go with Charles Tabet and Nadim hawi. ( Centers , and not PF )

mangangalakal
08-07-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure your only talking about foreign player, but in case you do, last year it was Sam hoskin without any doubt .
as for the 2012-2013 season, we still have no idea who the big guys are.

Local wise, i would go with Charles Tabet and Nadim hawi. ( Centers , and not PF )

o.O Thanks!

So Hoskin is better than Thompson??

Le MaK
08-08-2012, 06:08 AM
o.O Thanks!

So Hoskin is better than Thompson??

Definitely, Sam hoskin is the best Big guy ( he's actually a PF, that we played on the C ), that EVER came to Lebanon.
Skills, Hustle, Mid Range shot, Amazing FT shot, and extremely strong on the post.
He's just a PF ....

Garnett thompson is a def monster, with one of the greatest hustlers u can find.
He will fight on every ball, grab almost any rebound and block shots that u believe it can't be blocked.
But he's very limited on Off.

mangangalakal
08-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Definitely, Sam hoskin is the best Big guy ( he's actually a PF, that we played on the C ), that EVER came to Lebanon.
Skills, Hustle, Mid Range shot, Amazing FT shot, and extremely strong on the post.
He's just a PF ....

Garnett thompson is a def monster, with one of the greatest hustlers u can find.
He will fight on every ball, grab almost any rebound and block shots that u believe it can't be blocked.
But he's very limited on Off.

well, If a team can produce points from other sources, a defensive center would be nice. :D IMHO Good job for the Lebanese clubs for bringing both Hoskin and Garnett into the league. Are they being guarded by locals in your league play? That would be a boon for Lebanon's local bigs.

Le MaK
08-09-2012, 05:51 AM
well, If a team can produce points from other sources, a defensive center would be nice. :D IMHO Good job for the Lebanese clubs for bringing both Hoskin and Garnett into the league. Are they being guarded by locals in your league play? That would be a boon for Lebanon's local bigs.

Sam hoskin Can no longer play in our League , due to a stupid Law.
But Last year , Sam was guarded by almost every Big guy in our league, and delivered some exceptional performances.
Not to mention that Sam is definitely a very good Defensive player .

Garnett is still playing in our league till this moment, and he's usually guarded by foreigners if the other club got a foreigner big guy.

mangangalakal
08-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Sam hoskin Can no longer play in our League , due to a stupid Law.
But Last year , Sam was guarded by almost every Big guy in our league, and delivered some exceptional performances.
Not to mention that Sam is definitely a very good Defensive player .

Garnett is still playing in our league till this moment, and he's usually guarded by foreigners if the other club got a foreigner big guy.

Garnett can play but Hoskin can't??? LOLOL more proof that no one has a monopoly on funny laws :D :D :D

Bernard
08-09-2012, 08:30 AM
LOOOOOOL

IS HE STUPIDLY SERIOUS !?!??! <-- GS (our NT coach)

what was i telling you guys a year ago almost ?.... that eventually he will call his son Carl Sarkis to the NT ?!?!....that is so excessively disgusting !!!.....and i will tell u from now.... he will be in the starting 5......if not, then he will have some decent time play (around 20 minutes)

and u still tell me that he is the best coach !?...... 4 PGs ?! lol....... w his son ?!!? :)

dont start giving excuses that players dont want to join, so he gave him a spot....that is not an excuse !! there are many better talented players than him....PF or SF.... ie Charles....

i simply dont have anything against GS personally, except that im strongly against him being selfish, irresponsible about the NT and whats best for it, and does not have the right experience to leade a NT to international competitions.

Long Live Lebanon !! (except all the corrputed citizens and all the politicians!!)

Le MaK
08-09-2012, 09:53 AM
LOOOOOOL

what was i telling you guys a year ago almost ?.... that eventually he will call his son Carl Sarkis to the NT ?!?!....that is so excessively disgusting !!!.....and i will tell u from now.... he will be in the starting 5......if not, then he will have some decent time play (around 20 minutes)

and u still tell me that he is the best coach !?...... 4 PGs ?! lol....... w his son ?!!? :)

dont start giving excuses that players dont want to join, so he gave him a spot....that is not an excuse !! there are many better talented players than him....PF or SF.... ie Charles....

i simply dont have anything against GS personally, except that im strongly against him being selfish, irresponsible about the NT and whats best for it, and does not have the right experience to leade a NT to international competitions.

Long Live Lebanon !! (except all the corrputed citizens and all the politicians!!)

i didn't get this point : dont start giving excuses that players dont want to join, so he gave him a spot....that is not an excuse !! there are many better talented players than him....PF or SF.... ie Charles....

can u please explain it?

Le MaK
08-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Garnett can play but Hoskin can't??? LOLOL more proof that no one has a monopoly on funny laws :D :D :D

The new Law stating that : Any player who previously played in Israel can't play in our league or for our NT.
Sam played there, Garnett didn't.

it has nothing to do with the NT thing.

Khalid80
08-09-2012, 09:57 AM
LOOOOOOL

Bernard it seems you're not keeping track with what's recently happening regarding our basketball NT..

The federation are seriously trying their best not to help out our NT in any way! Imagine they were given 750 million LBP from the ministry of sports yet they are still considering withdrawing from Jones Cup and maybe the Stankovic Cup because they're saying they need to cut costs!!!

That's why considering what coach Ghassan and our players from the NT are passing through from the humiliations and bad treatment from our shitty federation, right now we are all supporting coach Ghassan because if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be having a NT this summer...

Having 4 pg is indeed debatable but considering the situation of our other PF and SF not being available either because they: (a) don't want to join...Bassel Bawji (b) are suffering from injuries....Charles Tabet (c) can't play due to FIBA regulations...William Pharis (d) Have other commitments...Nadim Hawi is getting married during this time....

I think after this we would understand why he decided to select that many guards on the team.

Le MaK
08-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Earlier Today, Jarrid Famous and the Lebanese federation agreed .
Jarrid will be our nationalized player for both Jones cup and Stankovic.

JARRID FAMOUS basketball profile

Uniform #: 32
Height: 210cm / 6'11''
Position: Power Forward / Center
Born: 1988
Weight: 109kg / 239.8lbs
Team: Metros (Dominican Republic) (2012-12)
Nationality: USA
Agency: Walton Sports Management Group College: S.Florida
Previous teams:
Petron Blaze (Philippines)
Meralco Bolts (Philippines)
B.Bystrica (Slovakia)
Ft.Wayne MA (USA-D-League)
Iowa E. (USA-D-League)
Current Stats
International Basketball Scouting Service scoring: - Skills Level show more ..
Jarrid Famous Basketball Career

Jarrid Famous (Photo: thebullrush)
Born: July 16, 1988
Full name: Jarrid Jerome Famous
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career:
Bronx, N.Y. / Blessed Sacrament HS / Houston Inner City Academy :2146rrg
2007-2009: Westchester CC (NJCAA)
2009-2010: S.Florida (NCAA, starting five): 32 games: 10.4ppg, RebConf-9(7.5rpg), FGP: 52.7%, FT: 63.4%
2010-2011: S.Florida (NCAA, starting five): 31 games: 8.7ppg, 5.4rpg, FGP: 50.0%, FT: 75.8%
2011: drafted by Iowa Energy (D-League, 3rd, 6))
2011-2012: In Oct.'11 signed at SKP Banska Bystrica (Slovakia-Extraliga): 2 games: 1.0ppg, 1.5rpg, but shortly left, then moved to Iowa Energy (D-League, starting five): 8 games: 16.8ppg, 11.0rpg, FGP: 55.1%, FT: 74.3%, in Dec.'11 agreed terms with Indiana Pacers (NBA), in Jan.'12 signed at Fort Wayne Mad Ants (D-League, starting five), in Feb.'12 joined Meralco Bolts (Philippines-PBA, starting five): Commissioner's Cup: 3 games: 26.0ppg, 15.0rpg, 2.0apg, 1.0spg, 1.7bpg; then moved to Petron Blaze Boosters (Philippines-PBA, starting five): ASEAN League: 7 games: 12.3ppg, 5.1rpg, 1.0spg, FGP: 48.6%, FT: 51.6%, left in Mar.'12
2012 July: AirTran Orlando Summer League (Indiana Pacers): 1 game: 3pts, 1reb, 1ast
2012 July: NBA Pro Summer League in Las Vegas (Milwaukee Bucks): 4 games: 8.0ppg, 5.8rpg
2012: Metros de Santiago (Dominican Rep.-LNB)

Khalid80
08-09-2012, 11:00 AM
I do hope that he's a better option than CJ... He's still young so that's good and if he proves to be a good player then we should consider him for the long term and not just for the Jones and Stankovic Cup.

mangangalakal
08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
I do hope that he's a better option than CJ... He's still young so that's good and if he proves to be a good player then we should consider him for the long term and not just for the Jones and Stankovic Cup.

Jarrid Famous played for Meralco in the Philippine Basketball Ass'n and for San Miguel in the ASEAN League and wasn't particularly impressive. But his China experience may have helped him.

and WTF is wrong with our leaders?! Lebanon: A federation which refuses to fund its NT ||| Philippines: Schools and teams which refuse to lend their players to the NT!
May the oods ever be in our favor...

weward
08-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Earlier Today, Jarrid Famous and the Lebanese federation agreed .
Jarrid will be our nationalized player for both Jones cup and Stankovic.

JARRID FAMOUS basketball profile

Uniform #: 32
Height: 210cm / 6'11''
Position: Power Forward / Center
Born: 1988
Weight: 109kg / 239.8lbs
Team: Metros (Dominican Republic) (2012-12)
Nationality: USA
Agency: Walton Sports Management Group College: S.Florida
Previous teams:
Petron Blaze (Philippines)
Meralco Bolts (Philippines)
B.Bystrica (Slovakia)
Ft.Wayne MA (USA-D-League)
Iowa E. (USA-D-League)
Current Stats
International Basketball Scouting Service scoring: - Skills Level show more ..
Jarrid Famous Basketball Career

Jarrid Famous (Photo: thebullrush)
Born: July 16, 1988
Full name: Jarrid Jerome Famous
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career:
Bronx, N.Y. / Blessed Sacrament HS / Houston Inner City Academy :2146rrg
2007-2009: Westchester CC (NJCAA)
2009-2010: S.Florida (NCAA, starting five): 32 games: 10.4ppg, RebConf-9(7.5rpg), FGP: 52.7%, FT: 63.4%
2010-2011: S.Florida (NCAA, starting five): 31 games: 8.7ppg, 5.4rpg, FGP: 50.0%, FT: 75.8%
2011: drafted by Iowa Energy (D-League, 3rd, 6))
2011-2012: In Oct.'11 signed at SKP Banska Bystrica (Slovakia-Extraliga): 2 games: 1.0ppg, 1.5rpg, but shortly left, then moved to Iowa Energy (D-League, starting five): 8 games: 16.8ppg, 11.0rpg, FGP: 55.1%, FT: 74.3%, in Dec.'11 agreed terms with Indiana Pacers (NBA), in Jan.'12 signed at Fort Wayne Mad Ants (D-League, starting five), in Feb.'12 joined Meralco Bolts (Philippines-PBA, starting five): Commissioner's Cup: 3 games: 26.0ppg, 15.0rpg, 2.0apg, 1.0spg, 1.7bpg; then moved to Petron Blaze Boosters (Philippines-PBA, starting five): ASEAN League: 7 games: 12.3ppg, 5.1rpg, 1.0spg, FGP: 48.6%, FT: 51.6%, left in Mar.'12
2012 July: AirTran Orlando Summer League (Indiana Pacers): 1 game: 3pts, 1reb, 1ast
2012 July: NBA Pro Summer League in Las Vegas (Milwaukee Bucks): 4 games: 8.0ppg, 5.8rpg
2012: Metros de Santiago (Dominican Rep.-LNB)

Famous didnt play for petron blaze boosters(formerly called san miguel beermen) but instead he played for San Miguel beermen in ABL which is under SMC which also owns Petron team in PBA.
Famous played in the PBA for Meralco Bolts. In his first interview he said " i will make Meralco famous". Meralco is an electicity provider which is disliked by almost all people that is why they dont have fans aside from their own employees who are required to attend each game to show support. He failed to make the team famous.lol.
He was later replaced by NBA vet Earl Barron.
Douthit and Famous wasnt able to face each other.
Famous then played for ABL team of San Miguel Beermen. There, he didnt do well(his stint in meralco was better). JunMar Fajardo did better than him.
He was later replaced by nick Fazekas.
Famous is athletic and young.
I think this guy is ok but i think he only does well if he fits the team(Basing on his games with Meralco and then San Miguel).
looking forward to the Famous-Douthit match-up!