Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RedMetal View Post
    snowbadua snow badua
    HOLD YOUR BREATH GINEBRA FANS--- JAYJAY HELTERBRAND: I'm leaning towards retirement after this conference.
    jay jay contributed a lot to ginebra and to the pba i think its the right decision to make at this point and let the other/new gaurds show their capability

Comment

• I guess time to watch more BGK games with JJ retiring.
      Crouching Tiger-1 Beastly-0

My Dream Gilas

PG- Nate Robinson 5''8(Grand parent is a Filipino)
      SG- Chris Lutz 6''4
      SF- Arwind Santos 6''6
      PF- Japeth Aguilar 6''10
      C- Javale McGee 7''1

Comment

• Originally posted by RedMetal View Post
        snowbadua snow badua
        HOLD YOUR BREATH GINEBRA FANS--- JAYJAY HELTERBRAND: I'm leaning towards retirement after this conference.
        sad to hear that news about Jay-Jay. me and other BGK fans will surely miss him and his tandem with Mark Caguioa. man, loved those "takbuhan" games with these two on the floor.

with Mr. Fast now contemplating on retiring, it's time for Labagala to shine for Ginebra. he will be the next Bal David of the barangay.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulezra View Post
          daga + tissue + tonichi = magi sison......seriously though tonich is a good teacher. A friend of mine was under him at benilde.
          If he is a good teacher, give me a player that under his guidance made a significant impact in the PBA

Comment

• OPEN LETTER To THE PBA

As you are aware, Team Pilipinas has just competed to the recent FIBA Asia Championship. I think Team RP fared well although the story is a repetition of history. We once again almost made it to the pot of gold. Observing from the global perspective I can say that our unique basketball IQ is still at par in Asia but is still yet to be claimed for decades.

The PBA is home to the best talent in the country or probably in Asia. The PBA is the most influential body of basketball in this country not the UAAP or NCAA even SBP. But through the years the league has seen a decline in popularity. There are multiple reasons like the popularity of the NBA, the underachievement of the Pros in the international competitions and its refusal to expand.

Now is the time to capitalize on the NBA’s lockout. Intensive marketing should be done by the PBA to none PBA fans segment of basketball lovers. The lockout might mean a debacle to some but to PBA this is a lucky thing. CBA in actuality is taking advantage with NBA players signing to the league to play. PBA should market its players extremely through building very good public relations to grassroots community all over the country. PBA should communicate clearly to its fans and they should be felt. There are lots of PBA players who are not known because they are not marketed properly or PBA is no marketed enough.

PBA should make its league more competitive. Loosen up rules regarding eligibilities especially to Philippine born Foreigners. Height issues should be maximized for competition and rules should be congruent to international play. Lastly, players should be allowed to play internationally. PBA has the tallest and biggest basketball players in the country. They even have more talent than the Gilas boys but it is the system that matters most. From this feat of the Gilas and the NCC era it can be concluded that players should train for international competition for at least 3 years or with a program other than having a seven-footer in the team. This is the time that Filipinos is maturing to establish its own national identity and PBA should go with it or else it will left behind. And lastly to players it’s a career path to play internationally. It should also take advantage of the feat of the Gilas Five because most of its players will be in the PBA.

Lastly, PBA should expand to more teams and nationally. The PBA for the past 36 years has been Manila based. That is a sign of stagnation to a company. Since 1975 don’t you think Pilipinas has not progressed and its people. Well I do, 36 years later the country has become more comfortable to live in. More Filipinos can now more than afford to pay for a PBA game. If the PBA won’t grow as it should be expect ABL to take over the popularity. There might be a Manila SMC Patriots, Pasay SM Hypers or Pasig Meralco MEGAVOLTS in the ABL.

If PBA will dare change its mission and vision for the betterment of supporting basketball stakeholders it will influence the grassroots development and in the long run it is them then the Filipinos will benefit. After PBA everything else will follow.

Comment

• Its very silly thing that in the PBA, you can relax all elimination games and at least not get to the bottom 2 in standings you can still hunt for a finals appearance. This is so logically wrong and for the fans its like fooling them around. If this will always be the case, why would you want to watch an elimination game if it does not have that much of a bearing? Maybe, some would watch an elimination game just to see their, as of now very few, idols while tickets are not that costly. This is not good, to be an avid fan you must have the willingness to learn everything about your team and the teams that would be threat for them, your idols and the players that would be threat for them. Its basically, you have to know all the players in the PBA and would watch almost every game in the PBA to be available to understand how your idols and your team is doing. Right now, we don't have PBA Idols like Samboy, Meneses, Patrimonio & Codinera, Paras & Magsanoc, Lastimosa & Abarientos, Tony Harris & Sean Chambers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ddreamer View Post
                Its very silly thing that in the PBA, you can relax all elimination games and at least not get to the bottom 2 in standings you can still hunt for a finals appearance. This is so logically wrong and for the fans its like fooling them around. If this will always be the case, why would you want to watch an elimination game if it does not have that much of a bearing? Maybe, some would watch an elimination game just to see their, as of now very few, idols while tickets are not that costly. This is not good, to be an avid fan you must have the willingness to learn everything about your team and the teams that would be threat for them, your idols and the players that would be threat for them. Its basically, you have to know all the players in the PBA and would watch almost every game in the PBA to be available to understand how your idols and your team is doing. Right now, we don't have PBA Idols like Samboy, Meneses, Patrimonio & Codinera, Paras & Magsanoc, Lastimosa & Abarientos, Tony Harris & Sean Chambers.
                True. Then again, Jordan just did it in the recent FIBA Asia.

"Peaking at the right time" -- oh-so-true in any level/form of basketball
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post

burn!...hay, it hurts on so many levels..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post

true...and winning the games that matter....in the last FIBA-asia, iran only lost once, but finished 5th....philippines lost thrice but placed 4th...

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
                      true...and winning the games that matter....in the last FIBA-asia, iran only lost once, but finished 5th....philippines lost thrice but placed 4th...
                      so whosays we did not peak at the right time we might be in Irans place if we not peaked in the Japan and Jordan game
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                        so whosays we did not peak at the right time we might be in Irans place if we not peaked in the Japan and Jordan game
                        Unfortunately, we were one apex too early? Anyway, this is teh PBA Trades, etc section let's return to topic

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• yup..back to the topic...

mark borboran is the only significant free agent left unsigned...

Comment

yup..back to the topic...

Define significant.

More seriously, i think he fits the Shopinas system, i assume he's an unrestricted FA right?

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

yup..back to the topic...

i heard he is BMEG-bound to rejoin Tim Cone. i don't know if it's true.

Comment

• Yeng Guiao, Chot Reyes nearly come to blows in tuneup game

Fidel Mangonon III, InterAKTV · Thursday, September 29, 2011 · 11:56 pm

PBA file photos

On Thursday, Rain or Shine defeated Talk ‘N Text, 100-96, in a practice game Thursday at the Northeast Greenhills Association gym.

In the tuneup, former SMART-Gilas Pilipinas big man Japeth Aguilar put up a preview of what he can do for the Tropang Texters in the coming 2011-12 PBA Philippine Cup wars. which begin this Sunday. Rookie Paul Lee, meanwhile, continued to amaze Elasto Painters fans and their coaching staff.

But people who attended the game weren’t talking about Aguilar or Lee after the match. Instead, everyone was abuzz about the near-fight that happened between Talk ‘N Text’s Chot Reyes and Rain or Shine’s Yeng Guiao.

The incident happened in the second period when, according to Guiao, Talk ‘N Text rookie Pamboy Raymundo punched Rain or Shine’s Jonathan Uyloan, an act which referees failed to see.

“Maayos naman laro bago yon… eh hindi nakita ng referee so kinonfront ko si Raymundo. Sinabihan ko, ‘Rookie ka pa lang naninira ka na,’” said Guiao.
                                Reyes, for his part, came to his player’s aid.

“Noong una sinusubukan niyang kinakausap at dini-distract si Pamboy, pinapabayaan ko lang,” said the Tropang Texters’ coach. “Pero nung di na tumigil at umabot na sa pinagmumura na niya si Pamboy, eh hindi na puwede yun.”

“Sinigawan ko na din siya. Siyempre, I had to protect my player already.”
                                Guiao narrated how things escalated quickly.

“Biglang siyang tumayo at sinigawan ako, sabi niya, bayaan ko daw sila magsuntukan. O kung gusto ko daw pasuntok ko din yung Raymundo. Kaya sinabihan ko siya, kami na lang magsuntukan,” said Guiao.

Both coaches then began to angrily approach each other for a physical confrontation but were prevented from doing so by cooler heads led by referee Art Herrera and both teams’ officials.

Reyes added: “Tinanong ko actually mga players niya kung kahit minsan ba namura ko sila, wala naman makasagot.”

But Guiao, the Pampanga vice-governor, just tried to brush the incident off.

“Nagka-asaran lang, it was nothing serious,” he said.

It was the second time in two months that Reyes figured in an altercation with another head coach — curiously, against another Kapampangan — during a game.

In game 3 of the 2011 Governors Cup best-of-seven finals series between the Tropang Texters and Petron Blaze last August 12, Reyes was also challenged to a fistfight after the game by Boosters head coach Ato Agustin, who is a city councilor in his native San Fernando, Pampanga.

But Reyes said he has nothing against Kapampangan coaches, and that his conflict with both Guiao and Agustin was just mere coincidence.

“Lahat na naman nahamon o nakaaway na ni Yeng — referees, even [PBA Media Bureau chief] Willie Marcial, PBA commissioners, players, other coaches. It’s nothing new with him. And it was bound to happen to me as well,” Reyes said.

“Lahat naman pwede ko patulan pero hindi maganda tingnan, at ano mapapala ko? Ang tatanda na namin para makipag-away. It’s not worth it. Eh sila, elected officials pa naman.”

When reminded of Reyes’ previous incident with Agustin, Guiao said: “Kaya nga sabi ko sa kanya kanina, ‘Gago ka pala eh, tinatanggap mo bakla ka.’ Ang tingin ko ang gusto lang niya sa nangyari kanina, yung makabawi sa nangyari sa kanila ni Ato kaya nagpapakamacho siya. Tapos ako ginagamit niyang sangakalan.”

Mark the date then, folks: October 14, 2011, a Friday at the SMART-Araneta Coliseum. That’s when Talk ‘N Text and Rain or Shine -– and Reyes and Guiao — will be meeting for the first time in the 37th season of the PBA.

The teams – and their head coaches – are actually squaring off twice in the eliminations, with the rematch scheduled on November 19 with Lucena City in Quezon province as a tentative venue.

When asked if both coaches have been summoned by PBA commissioner Chito Salud regarding the incident, league operations chief and technical director Rickie Santos said that his group will review the tape of the practice game on Friday before making a recommendation to the commissioner.

You think more fireworks between Reyes and Guiao are in the offing? Your guess is as good as mine.
                                LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                                Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                                THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information