Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrs patricia hizon said javale might watch the first game today(TnT vs barako)

hmm... javale to TnT might come true...

Comment

• Originally posted by weward View Post
      mrs patricia hizon said javale might watch the first game today(TnT vs barako)

and javale going to smart gilas v2.0?
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Alaska looking at getting Sison for Eman...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan Bruiseter View Post
          Alaska looking at getting Sison for Eman...
          If true, good for Eman and bad for Sison.
          Mabuhay Team Pilipinas!

Comment

• Originally posted by DS_42 View Post
            If true, good for Eman and bad for Sison.
            Maybe for the short term, but since Thoss (and Tenorio for that matter) is not 100% happy with the Aces, this might be a prelude of things to come.

If this comes to fruition, they'll have two former Maroons up front...talk about a Poch Juinio legacy.

Good for Eman, he'll HAVE minutes in Shopinas (who was heard to have initially been eyeing Sotto).

Comment

• I don't mind having Magi King Sison with the Alaska Aces. As pointed out by Jordan Bruiseter, he might be in the same forward line as Jay-R Reyes.

I just hope that its Alaska's winning tradition which infects them both, instead of the other way around (UP's tradition of ineptitude in basketball).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan Bruiseter View Post
                Alaska looking at getting Sison for Eman...
                reducing their cap..

Comment

• How about elevating at least two teams from the D-league? The PBA employs the protect-9 player rule from before so these expansion teams can reinforce their line-ups. This will distribute the talent and give chances for the subs. Some teams are just ultra-star-studded that the coach is confused on who to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny A View Post
                    How about elevating at least two teams from the D-league? The PBA employs the protect-9 player rule from before so these expansion teams can reinforce their line-ups. This will distribute the talent and give chances for the subs. Some teams are just ultra-star-studded that the coach is confused on who to play.
                    It's not that simple. Remember franchise fees are paid for teams who want to enter the league. First, can they afford and second, will the PBA allow that new company to join their ranks.
                    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                      It's not that simple. Remember franchise fees are paid for teams who want to enter the league. First, can they afford and second, will the PBA allow that new company to join their ranks.
                      I think they should if they can. The League needs to up they're team count so that more players can play in the League most especially the older ones that can still play and the rookies and free agents that wasn't given a chance to play.
                      “You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things – to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated.” - Sir Edmund Hillary

Comment

• Originally posted by potz05 View Post
                        I think they should if they can. The League needs to up they're team count so that more players can play in the League most especially the older ones that can still play and the rookies and free agents that wasn't given a chance to play.
                        Again finances, can the new franchise afford the fee?

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by weward View Post
                          mrs patricia hizon said javale might watch the first game today(TnT vs barako)

McGee, if there was no lockout, is due to earn $2.3M in 2011/12 and $3.4M in 2012/2013 for the Washington Wizards.

With the NBA lockout in full swing, McGee said expressed openness about the possibility of playing in the Philippines.

“It’s a great idea, but I don’t know for sure,” he said. “If I play for another country, the Philippines would definitely be a consideration.”

Curiously, the PBA Commissioner’s Cup will allow teams to hire imports without regard to height, making McGee and other big NBA stars eligible. But finances might be a consideration, as the PBA caps the allowed salary for imports at a rate much lower than what NBA stars would make elsewhere.
                          And how much does an import cost? It ranges from $14,000 to $16,000. i believe this is per month. So let's say it's roughly over a hundred thousand dollars per year-- still very short by NBA standards.

Now there's 2 things going for TNT/MVP:
                          First, the lockout. 2 weeks of games has been cancelled and the three-day marathon with a mediator couldn't "unlock" the season, so most likely we don't have NBA until Christmas/January.

Second, it's MVP. Side deals abound, there's really no question he can afford it (and not get caught) But still, for a minor draw like McGee, is it worth it?

The finances just does NOT add up.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Again finances, can the new franchise afford the fee?
                            not only that can these teams actually have the financial strength and patience to maintain a PBA team.

Its not that simple, its a very expensive endeavor.

There is a large disparity between the salary of a PBA player and a D-League player. That's why a number of Shopinas players who had actually already secured contracts from different D-League Teams jumped on the opportunity to get into this "expansion" PBA Team.

Another thing PBA Player Contracts are usually guaranteed which means even if it off-season and the player does not play or practice with the team, he still gets a monthly salary. While in PBA D-League the players are only under contract as long as there is a tournament that's on-going.
                            LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                            Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

McGee, if there was no lockout, is due to earn $2.3M in 2011/12 and $3.4M in 2012/2013 for the Washington Wizards.

With the NBA lockout in full swing, McGee said expressed openness about the possibility of playing in the Philippines.

And how much does an import cost? It ranges from $14,000 to $16,000. i believe this is per month. So let's say it's roughly over a hundred thousand dollars per year-- still very short by NBA standards.

Now there's 2 things going for TNT/MVP:
                              First, the lockout. 2 weeks of games has been cancelled and the three-day marathon with a mediator couldn't "unlock" the season, so most likely we don't have NBA until Christmas/January.

Second, it's MVP. Side deals abound, there's really no question he can afford it (and not get caught) But still, for a minor draw like McGee, is it worth it?

The finances just does NOT add up.

Hey DT .... is it just wrong grammar or did I read it right that JaVale really said:

"If I play for another country, the Philippines would definitely be a consideration."

I don't want to do a spin on it but it sounds more like about playing for the country and not in the country (at the PBA).

hmmmm .... maybe wrong grammar lang
                              LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                              Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                              THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
                                Hey DT .... is it just wrong grammar or did I read it right that JaVale really said:

"If I play for another country, the Philippines would definitely be a consideration."

I don't want to do a spin on it but it sounds more like about playing for the country and not in the country (at the PBA).

hmmmm .... maybe wrong grammar lang
                                Well, actually, if he really "wants" it he can play FOR the Philippines. Also, take note i was reacting to McGee as TNT import.

The McGee as NT player is another beast of course. After all, MVP can throw all the $$$ at him and we'd have no problem with salary cap and all

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information