PDA

View Full Version : BULACAN - Philippine Arena (50,000) - World's Largest Domed Arena

diz
08-20-2011, 04:16 AM
Hanwha E&C to build world’s largest domed arena near Manila (http://www.koreaherald.com/national/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20110818000649)
Korean builder strives to become one of the world’s 100 largest construction firms

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2011/08/18/20110818000621_0.jpg

Hanwha Engineering and Construction Corp. began work on the world’s largest domed arena in the Philippines on Thursday.

The work for the $175 million contract, signed on Aug. 4, got underway in a ceremony attended by Hanwha E&C officials including vice chairman Kim Hyun-chung and those from the Filipino Christian organization Iglesia Ni Cristo that issued the contract.

The facility located near Manila, named the Philippine Arena, will be fitted with 50,000 seats and its domed roof will be nearly 36,000 square meters, making it the world’s largest domed arena, the company said.

Hanwha E&C said that the work will be carried out over 30 months to be finished early 2014.

“By winning this contract for building the world’s largest dome arena, the company was able to prove its technological capabilities and the ability to carry out overseas projects,” Kim said in a statement. The company said that in the biddings for the contract, it competed with China’s Jiangsu International and the Philippines’ largest construction company EEI Corp. The project will be conducted in design-build process in which the contractor is responsible for all related processes from designing to building the facility, the company said.

“As the bridgehead for the Southeast Asian market, the project is expected to bring opportunities for more civil engineering and construction projects in the region.”

The project opens a new market for Hanwha E&C, which has focused mostly on the Middle Eastern markets, as it drives to become one of the world’s 100 largest construction companies.

Earlier this year Hanwha Engineering and Construction announced plans to become one of the world’s top 100 builders by 2015 with an annual sales figure of 5 trillion won ($4.65 billion), and win contracts worth 7 trillion won in that year.

The plans also revealed that the company will diversify its overseas portfolio to include civil engineering projects, and to expand into solar power and other renewable energy businesses.

Also as part of the plans, the company hopes to expand its overseas generated income by more than 20 percent each year with the aim of raising 40 percent of its annual revenues from overseas sources by 2015.

In the Middle East, Hanwha E&C has made significant headway this year, winning a series of contracts including an urban development project in Iraq.

The contract, issued by Iraq’s National Investment Commission, is valued at $7.25 billion, making it the largest overseas construction project to be won by a Korean construction firm.

Under the contract, Hanwha Engineering and Construction will build a planned town at a location 25 kilometers east of central Baghdad. The town will be built over an area of 1,830 hectares and contain 100,000 new homes, the company said.

By Choi He-suk (cheesuk@heraldm.com)

diz
08-20-2011, 04:17 AM
pictures of the arena + a planned football stadium

look at this people!!!

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/291850_1759085476689_1825614883_1267162_1020569_n. jpg

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/292815_1759084556666_1825614883_1267160_1346404_n. jpg

And... our dream stadium is turning into reality!!!! whewwww!!

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262926_1759084916675_1825614883_1267161_13872_n.jp g

proud to be kapatid!!!!

c_d
08-20-2011, 04:34 AM
will this be accessible via NorthRail/MRT?

Silent Killer
08-20-2011, 06:16 AM
pictures of the arena + a planned football stadium

WOW.. :eek: world cup hosting and World basketball championships here we come :D ;)

brod78
08-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Where is the specific location :confused:

Anyway, super like :D

elisher
08-20-2011, 07:14 AM
bocaue bulacan...

Aqua Light
08-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Wow . . .

b3lowzro
08-20-2011, 11:48 AM
this arena will be used for religious activity right?

Silent Killer
08-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Olympics pwede na siguro tayo mag host? hehe :D or world athletics championships, football matches.

alien space bats
08-20-2011, 01:00 PM
this arena will be used for religious activity right?

yes. most of the time. there's also the ang dating daan coliseum in guagua pampanga. we can hold gymnastics and athletics there lol

weward
08-20-2011, 01:14 PM
bocaue bulacan...

where in Bocaue?
the big fields near St. Paul College of Bocaue?

or near NLEX near Sta. Maria,Bocaue and Marilao boundary?
There was this group kasi that insisted of buying a large portion of land in Bocaue/Marilao/Sta.Maria boundary(near NLEX) and they pursued us on buying our land there that was full of memories of my late lolo and my kite-playing days...tanaw un tollgate dun..
It was rumored that there was this group that was planning to develop the land and the rumor was it will be a theme park...but it didnt happen...And upto now there is nothing on the area..i wonder if its the same group?

duphaR007
08-20-2011, 01:34 PM
seemed like most of the activities here will be for the religious ones most of the time since Iglesia Ni Cristo is part of the deal.

is this really worth only $175million? Pepsi Center in Denver already cost $160million (in 1999), and can only sit 20,000 for basketball. i hope that this arena won't be constructed using sub standard materials.

weward
08-20-2011, 01:54 PM
seemed like most of the activities here will be for the religious ones most of the time since Iglesia Ni Cristo is part of the deal.

is this really worth only $175million? Pepsi Center in Denver already cost $160million (in 1999), and can only sit 20,000 for basketball. i hope that this arena won't be constructed using sub standard materials.

hehe maybe it'll be just metal frames as the structure
plus metal frames for the bleachers and it'll be padded by wood planks as seats
and it will be open air and will require people to bring their own abanicos..:D

nashill
08-20-2011, 02:04 PM
crabs...

weward
08-20-2011, 02:22 PM
crabs...

:confused:

jerby
08-20-2011, 05:20 PM

Amazing, this is a country that has really forgotten to believe in what it can do. This is our tragic story, a country blessed in natural resources and prized global workers always doubting anything good that it can do.

Chris Tiu says, I will choose the NT, and crabs, instead of rallying on something inspiring say, "well he is rich that is why he is snobbing the PBA".

Japeth Aguilar chose the NT, and others, basing their assumption on some paparazzi type/kuryente prone blogs say, "well it's because he is getting more money in the NT".

Something monumental like the world's biggest arena in the Philippines is unveiled and the crabs say, "well it's INC so it will be used for religious purposes (so f..ing what?!) and doubting its supposed cost and insinuating that it is substandard."

What gives?

The reason why this country is not moving forward is because most Filipinos do not believe that it can actually be one of the world's best. It is the cancer that's been eating us.

c_d
08-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Either that or this is New Era University's answer to NU's SM arena.

frenzfries
08-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Amazing, this is a country that has really forgotten to believe in what it can do. This is our tragic story, a country blessed in natural resources and prized global workers always doubting anything good that it can do.

Chris Tiu says, I will choose the NT, and crabs, instead of rallying on something inspiring say, "well he is rich that is why he is snobbing the PBA".

Japeth Aguilar chose the NT, and others, basing their assumption on some paparazzi type/kuryente prone blogs say, "well it's because he is getting more money in the NT".

Something monumental like the world's biggest arena in the Philippines is unveiled and the crabs say, "well it's INC so it will be used for religious purposes (so f..ing what?!) and doubting its supposed cost and insinuating that it is substandard."

What gives?

The reason why this country is not moving forward is because most Filipinos do not believe that it can actually be one of the world's best. It is the cancer that's been eating us.

Agree!

hoopaddict
08-20-2011, 07:33 PM

dude with all due respect i don't think the cost of a bag of cement here in the US and labor is the same in the PH.. withstanding the inflation since 1999 i dont think its still fair to compare..:)

alien space bats
08-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Either that or this is New Era University's answer to NU's SM arena.

it's primarily for a religious purpose.

the arena and the stadium will definitely be used to celebrate the INC's 100th founding anniversary on July 27, 2014.

with millions of followers, this religious corporation needs a new venue that is big enough to accommodate the devout ones who will attend. for sure, the central inc grounds in diliman will be too small for such a historic event.

thereafter, it’s obvious the INC wants these venues to become the philippines’ main sports arenas, subject of course to the INC religious calendar.

hmm... someone's ranting lol. in fairness,i think everyone here is very happy for our inc bros. i mean, why shouldnt we be? their leaders have vision which is a very admirable trait.

Having said that, i would like to give my honest opinion. the thought of using these venues as the philippines' primary sports arenas scares the bejesus out of me. we all say that politics and religion dont mix. i will even go as far as saying that sports and religion dont mix too.

WTF!? banal na hapunan on thursday then, say, PBA semis on friday!? I don’t know about you, guys, but as a sports fan, I am a bit turned off lol. Of course, we can hold some matches there but to make them as our main sporting arena?! Let’s give ourselves a break. Hell, Let’s give our INC brothers a break!

it's documented that inc members are unlike catholic churchgoers when it comes to worshipping their god. These inc guys, they really pour their hearts out. They sing, they cry, they empty themselves out in supplication. I bet those venues will be as symbolic to them as the stonehenges were to the druids. If so, why would we want to hold “worldly” activities there such as pba or football games when we all know that these activities are best enjoyed with cursing and by cursing i mean cursing a lot? cursing the lights out of the stadium. Imagine coach reyes trying to behave himself because he comes to realize that he is inside INC grounds pala. That’s lame. I don’t want my basketball like that. Yeah.that’s a good point. But that is just the minor impasse.

The main concern is the Philippines not aspiring for secularism. It seems that government is encouraging these religious organizations to play a vital role in national development. They should not. Their business is their flock, not nation-building.

Government must be free from the influence of any religious organization or sect. how sure are we that inc leaders will not try to influence government like what some catholic bishops are doing right now once these ventures are in order? Let's face reality. because of their religious stance, inc leaders have made many enemies. i'd rather my government to stay out of such affairs and be impartial.

let's commend the INC leadership for these worthwhile twin projects. but when it comes to sports concerns, i will put my trust in the hands of the private sectors for the time being.

hoopaddict
08-20-2011, 08:09 PM

the arena and the stadium will definitely be used to celebrate the INC's 100th founding anniversary on July 27, 2014.

with millions of followers, this religious corporation needs a new venue that is big enough to accommodate the devout ones who will attend. for sure, the central inc grounds in diliman will be too small for such a historic event.

thereafter, it’s obvious the INC wants these venues to become the philippines’ main sports arenas, subject of course to the INC religious calendar.

hmm... someone's ranting lol. in fairness,i think everyone here is very happy for our inc bros. i mean, why shouldnt we be? their leaders have vision which is a very admirable trait.

Having said that, i would like to give my honest opinion. the thought of using these venues as the philippines' primary sports arenas scares the bejesus out of me. we all say that politics and religion dont mix. i will even go as far as saying that sports and religion dont mix too.

WTF!? banal na hapunan on thursday then, say, PBA semis on friday!? I don’t know about you, guys, but as a sports fan, I am a bit turned off lol. Of course, we can hold some matches there but to make them as our main sporting arena?! Let’s give ourselves a break. Hell, Let’s give our INC brothers a break!

it's documented that inc members are unlike catholic churchgoers when it comes to worshipping their god. These inc guys, they really pour their hearts out. They sing, they cry, they empty themselves out in supplication. I bet those venues will be as symbolic to them as the stonehenges were to the druids. If so, why would we want to hold “worldly” activities there such as pba or football games when we all know that these activities are best enjoyed by cursing and by cursing i mean cursing a lot? cursing the lights out of the stadium. Imagine coach reyes trying to behave himself because he comes to realize that he is inside INC grounds pala. That’s lame. I don’t want my basketball like that. Yeah.that’s a good point. But that is just the minor impasse.

The main concern is the Philippines not aspiring for secularism. It seems that government is encouraging these religious organizations to play a vital role in national development. They should not. Their business is their flock, not nation-building.

Government must be free from the influence of any religious organization or sect. how sure are we that inc leaders will not try to influence government like what some catholic bishops are doing right now once these ventures are in order? Let's face reality. because of their religious stance, inc leaders have made many enemies. i'd rather my government to stay out of such affairs and be impartial.

let's commend the INC leadership for these worthwhile twin projects. but when it comes to sports concerns, i will put my trust in the hands of the private sectors for the time being.

all i can say is.. AMEN!!! :D
O.T.
INC i believe is the richest secular group in the country .. and they spend alot in construction . just take a look at their churches..they are massive and beautifully designed..but is it true that its mandatory for all kapatid to donate a percent of their earnings to the church?:confused:

kerouac82
08-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I read a column by Manolo Inigo about the arena. It was a blind item, but since the contractor has already confirmed the news, the cat is out of the bag.

I agree with alien_space_bats here. It is really iffy, too, that a religious org uses the word "Philippine" in its building's name, as if the entire country is part of the INC. I've noticed that they have this "edifice complex", and their doctrine says that their buildings are proof of God's love. Which explains why their structures always have to be bigger than those of the competition.

Having said that, this is still a welcome development. I just hope it comes with a development plan for the surrounding area. And that they still allow heckling and other forms of hooliganism during secular events.

Keanu Rune
08-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I am a devout member of the IGLESIA NI CRISTO (CHURCH OF CHRIST) here in the USA.

It is out of respect that the dome will surely be used for our 100th Anniversary and for many non-religious / secular activities for members and non-members alike.

The Lord God Almighty prophesied in the Holy Scriptures that the true church which was established by our Lord Jesus Christ in Jerusalem in the first century will be restored in the Far East, in these last days, in the islands of the sea.

The fulfillment of which is the IGLESIA NI CRISTO which re-emerged in the Philippines in 1914.

So it is only absolutely correct that the dome should be named the 'Philippine Arena', from our point of view.

Please come and listen to our worship services, bible studies and television programs.

http://www.iglesianicristo.ws/

http://www.youtube.com/user/IglesiaNiCristo1914

All our very welcome !

toikins
08-21-2011, 12:56 AM
I am a devout member of the IGLESIA NI CRISTO (CHURCH OF CHRIST) here in the USA.

It is out of respect that the dome will surely be used for our 100th Anniversary and for many non-religious / secular activities for members and non-members alike.

The Lord God Almighty prophesied in the Holy Scriptures that the true church which was established by our Lord Jesus Christ in Jerusalem in the first century will be restored in the Far East, in these last days, in the islands of the sea.

The fulfillment of which is the IGLESIA NI CRISTO which re-emerged in the Philippines in 1914.

So it is only absolutely correct that the dome should be named the 'Philippine Arena', from our point of view.

Please come and listen to our worship services, bible studies and television programs.

http://www.iglesianicristo.ws/

http://www.youtube.com/user/IglesiaNiCristo1914

All our very welcome !
restored? why? has it been demolished/damaged/gone?
from what part of the bible did he said that thing?
and im just curious:
Do you INC guys believe in UFOs?
Do you INC guys believe in Cupid?
how about guardian angels?
How about San Pedro?

It was also prophesized by somebody that the next anti-christ next to hitler(who was also part of his prophesy) would be from a third world country from the far east..hehe rumble rumble na here in RP!

If i lived before, and i wanted to fool somebody, i would pretend to be an evangelist/prophet(those guys that says they were writing through God) then make my prophesy and of course i would say that there will be a formation in the far east because the followers of Christ at that time are being killed and avoided on that land...so its logical to think that these people will settle and make a kingdom in a far away land which at that time,the far east is still largely unknown...

not challenging somebody's faith but im just sharing my view ha...hehe

anyway, i dont like how this group badmouth other religions in their net25 channel..If people believe in them, they dont need to make sira of the others.yun lang ang ayaw ko sa kanila..but all groups are hypocrite nowadays..lead by the RCC..:eek:

technoterlex
08-21-2011, 01:13 AM
restored? why? has it been demolished/damaged/gone?
from what part of the bible did he said that thing?
and im just curious:
Do you INC guys believe in UFOs?
Do you INC guys believe in Cupid?
how about guardian angels?
How about San Pedro?

It was also prophesized by somebody that the next anti-christ next to hitler(who was also part of his prophesy) would be from a third world country from the far east..hehe rumble rumble na here in RP!

If i lived before, and i wanted to fool somebody, i would pretend to be an evangelist/prophet(those guys that says they were writing through God) then make my prophesy and of course i would say that there will be a formation in the far east because the followers of Christ at that time are being killed and avoided on that land...so its logical to think that these people will settle and make a kingdom in a far away land which at that time,the far east is still largely unknown...

not challenging somebody's faith but im just sharing my view ha...hehe

anyway, i dont like how this group badmouth other religions in their net25 channel..If people believe in them, they dont need to make sira of the others.yun lang ang ayaw ko sa kanila..but all groups are hypocrite nowadays..lead by the RCC..:eek:

Correction, it is not about having badmouth to other religious sectors. It just a defense to those persecutions the Church receives from other religious groups. We don't believe in UFO's, in Cupid, we believe in Angels and we believe in Apostle Pedro not San Pedro. If you want to know more about Iglesia Ni Cristo doctrines and teachings, you are very welcome to approach INC members you know in your area.

technoterlex
08-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Let's just wait and see how and what can this structure contribute to our country. Glory be to God! :)

webuyube
08-21-2011, 02:08 AM
O.T.
INC i believe is the richest secular group in the country .. and they spend alot in construction . just take a look at their churches..they are massive and beautifully designed..but is it true that its mandatory for all kapatid to donate a percent of their earnings to the church?:confused:

my girlfriend is INC and im a roman catholic,sshhh.:o.. i don't think it's mandatory..im not sure.but she shaid it's not.

nashill
08-21-2011, 02:18 AM
if only our taxes does not go to policians bank accounts, philippines is not going to be as poor as now..

and considering most of the INC members are from lower class, how can they accomplish such like this?

and they also bought 50+ or 100+ chapels abroad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jP0mVHxwPI

damn you politicians...

duphaR007
08-21-2011, 03:02 AM
OA amp! :D

trans: sensitive

reamily
08-21-2011, 03:03 AM
right our inc brothers take proud of their structures, I think its nice to see where all they "taxes/ contributions" so to speak go to I just hope they live to their name philippine Arena so not only our inc brothers but the country as well will benefit from this project:D

Silent Killer
08-21-2011, 03:31 AM

What gives?

exactly said..

duphaR007
08-21-2011, 03:55 AM

i said most, not all.

i just compared it to an arena in the US. not really trying to degrade what our countrymen can do. do not be so oa.

yvesjade
08-21-2011, 04:36 AM
O.T.

Your wrong...No such thing as IKAPO or whatever % in INC...(Kahit di nga magbigay OK lng)...

xin
08-21-2011, 04:38 AM
i said most, not all.

i just compared it to an arena in the US. not really trying to degrade what our countrymen can do. do not be so oa.

this is also i want to know, if it really only cost USD 175 miliion? Is the labor and materials cheaper here than in other countries like the USA? or the design wont have the fancy facilities that we see in NBA Arenas and that it will only surrounded by thousands of chairs? Are there engineers or architects who can enlighten me :) but considering that it was Populous who designed this i'm pretty sure that will be decent arena enough to host an international event. :cool:

Anyways kudos to INC for having the initiative to build this kind of structure but constructing world class sports venue should be the responsibility of the government!!!:mad:

I want to see lady gaga perform here:D

a peek of the interior
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/300460_2264969474009_1541680168_32432381_5279441_n .jpg

vladski
08-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Correction, it is not about having badmouth to other religious sectors. It just a defense to those persecutions the Church receives from other religious groups. We don't believe in UFO's, in Cupid, we believe in Angels and we believe in Apostle Pedro not San Pedro. If you want to know more about Iglesia Ni Cristo doctrines and teachings, you are very welcome to approach INC members you know in your area.

Although this is an OT, I would like to give my thoughts on the INC and how it was formed and what it really is.

Before 1914, the founder of INC, the late Felix Manalo was a member of the Seventh Day Adventist Church before he founded his own Church. The Manalos were families of no great means prior to the founding of the INC. I read in Pasugo that Felix and his wife even would beg the "bangkero" to give them a free ride crossing the Ilog Pasig as they don't have any centavo to pay for the fare. While Felix was still a member of the Seventh Day adventist Church, he had this thought of building his own church already. Story goes to say that he even asked one of his friends if they want to earn big bucks. Then his friend asks him how. Felix then replied, "let's sell God." And then INC was born in the Philippines.

Theologically, Iglesia ni Cristo is a cult of Christianity. Its false teachings include:

Denial of the divinity of Jesus Chirst. The divinity of Christ is one of the essential teachings of the Christian faith. Rejecting one or more of Christianity's core teachings places one outside the Christian faith.

Claiming that the Christian Church "was apostatized after the first century" and "was restored to its pristine purity by God by means of His last messenger, brother Felix Y. Manalo..." (Pasugo, July/August 1988, page 7)

The claim that salvation comes only through this church ("This may come as a surprise to many, but the Biblical truth is, though all churches profess to preach God and Christ, there is only one true church that can bring people back to the good graces of God." (Pasugo, November 1973, page 19)

Source (http://www.apologeticsindex.org/i20.html)

FilipinoDad
08-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Guys, we all know that it's not good to discuss/debate religion. Nothing good will ever come out of it. Let's respect each other's beliefs and everything will be fine.

BTW, I'm a devout Catholic and my wife is a Protestant so I know what I'm saying.

On topic, wouldn't it be awesome if this will finally end the basketball vs. football debate? We will have a world-class stadium and field in the same area!

duphaR007
08-21-2011, 04:48 AM
this is also i want to know, if it really only cost USD 175 miliion? Is the labor and materials cheaper here than in other countries like the USA? or the design wont have the fancy facilities that we see in NBA Arenas and that it will only surrounded by thousands of chairs? Are there engineers or architects who can enlighten me :) but considering that it was Populous who designed this i'm pretty sure that will be decent arena enough to host an international event. :cool:

Anyways kudos to INC for having the initiative to build this kind of structure but constructing world class sports venue should be the responsibility of the government!!!:mad:

I want to see lady gaga perform here:D

a peek of the interior
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/300460_2264969474009_1541680168_32432381_5279441_n .jpg

what's that in the middle? that looked like a tennis court.

this can stage a pacquiao mayweather bout. probably/hopefully in its 2nd installment by the time that this will be constructed.

yvesjade
08-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Although this is an OT, I would like to give my thoughts on the INC and how it was formed and what it really is.

Before 1914, the founder of INC, the late Felix Manalo was a member of the Seventh Day Adventist Church before he founded his own Church. The Manalos were families of no great means prior to the founding of the INC. I read in Pasugo that Felix and his wife even would beg the "bangkero" to give them a free ride crossing the Ilog Pasig as they don't have any centavo to pay for the fare. While Felix was still a member of the Seventh Day adventist Church, he had this thought of building his own church already. Story goes to say that he even asked one of his friends if they want to earn big bucks. Then his friend asks him how. Felix then replied, "let's sell God." And then INC was born in the Philippines.

Theologically, Iglesia ni Cristo is a cult of Christianity. Its false teachings include:

Denial of the divinity of Jesus Chirst. The divinity of Christ is one of the essential teachings of the Christian faith. Rejecting one or more of Christianity's core teachings places one outside the Christian faith.

Claiming that the Christian Church "was apostatized after the first century" and "was restored to its pristine purity by God by means of His last messenger, brother Felix Y. Manalo..." (Pasugo, July/August 1988, page 7)

The claim that salvation comes only through this church ("This may come as a surprise to many, but the Biblical truth is, though all churches profess to preach God and Christ, there is only one true church that can bring people back to the good graces of God." (Pasugo, November 1973, page 19)

Source (http://www.apologeticsindex.org/i20.html)

WOw, You are a good story maker. Kwentong Barbero

vladski
08-21-2011, 04:54 AM
WOw, You are a good story maker. Kwentong Barbero

If you are a member of the INC, better know your own history. Have you ever gone to Manalo's residence? INC cursed the idols and images of saints found in the Church of the Catholics but mind you, Felix has one of the best collections of religious statues and images displayed in his residence. :o

yvesjade
08-21-2011, 05:20 AM
If you are a member of the INC, better know your own history. Have you ever gone to Manalo's residence? INC cursed the idols and images of saints found in the Church of the Catholics but mind you, Felix has one of the best collections of religious statues and images displayed in his residence. :o

R u a Catholic? Born again or ADD? Before attacking 1 religion, know your religion first.

b3lowzro
08-21-2011, 05:23 AM
let us not go into the doctrinal debate here by INC, lets be thankful that these groups are more willing to construct these kind of projects compared to our government.

jerby
08-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Maybe we can go easy on our intolerance of other religions. besides we all know that there is no real winner in a religious debate. :)

weward
08-21-2011, 07:09 AM
relax guys..dont be so sensitive with your religion..what's important is your faith not the group where you belong to.
So if someone attacked your group dont be so damn sensitive. I bet its thought in any group to be so damn peaceful and kind. So dont get into a heated discussion.

And do we have a hard core science-loving human being here? better join this discussion..we need fun after all that had happened in the National team the past days.... :D :D :D

who came in first the chicken or the egg? LOL LOL LOL

serious now,
anyone knows the exact location of this project?
pls spit it out.

b3lowzro
08-21-2011, 07:47 AM
relax guys..dont be so sensitive with your religion..what's important is your faith not the group where you belong to.
So if someone attacked your group dont be so damn sensitive. I bet its thought in any group to be so damn peaceful and kind. So dont get into a heated discussion.

And do we have a hard core science-loving human being here? better join this discussion..we need fun after all that had happened in the National team the past days.... :D :D :D

who came in first the chicken or the egg? LOL LOL LOL

serious now,
anyone knows the exact location of this project?
pls spit it out.

ciudad de victoria in Bocaue, Bulacan.

noilsen
08-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Well during the opening speech, the reason why they named it Philippine Arena is because it is not only for INC but for all of the Philippines.. So let's just stop arguing and let's hope that there will be no complications during the construction.. :)

weward
08-21-2011, 08:10 AM
ciudad de victoria in Bocaue, Bulacan.

haha i was right its near us!
http://wikimapia.org/19748306/Ciudad-de-Victoria-INC-Centennial-project
we are just near that san gabriel memorial park(damn why did they allow it to be built near us its scary. lol I only knew of late that its a cemetery) and we are part of sto tomas(formerly tabing bakod)..if you zoom in,we are nearer to High quality agricultural development and corporation..damn i think its very visible through my windows.. Its like a perfect sniping spot for hired killers..
im excited for this thing!!!maybe an NBA game near my place? :D

and that place is formerly called Bolakan(not bulakan but bohlakan)
btw the igulot place is also a wide greenland where st.paul is at...

i can give updates on that once it begins construction of the actual structure..:)

paolylo
08-21-2011, 12:18 PM
a 50,000 seat stadium by INC and i'll be damned if they sell dinuguan in one of the food stalls or have medical staff equipped that does blood transfusions. :D

i don't know, i guess i still can't grasp the idea that Felix Manalo was the last messenger of God... but if they allow their venue to be used for sporting events like Azkals home matches or Track and Field events, i just hope the leaders of INC won't expect anything in return like support for their beliefs or such.

AlYuson
08-21-2011, 01:19 PM
haha i was right its near us!
http://wikimapia.org/19748306/Ciudad-de-Victoria-INC-Centennial-project
w
im excited for this thing!!!maybe an NBA game near my place? :D

Too bad, the state-of-the-art Mall of Asia Arena is scheduled to be completed next year where it has plan to host the NBA preseason game ;)

http://sports.inquirer.net/5626/moa-to-host-nba-preseason-game#_

pinpoint015
08-21-2011, 01:29 PM

it's documented that inc members are unlike catholic churchgoers when it comes to worshipping their god. These inc guys, they really pour their hearts out. They sing, they cry, they empty themselves out in supplication. I bet those venues will be as symbolic to them as the stonehenges were to the druids. If so, why would we want to hold “worldly” activities there such as pba or football games when we all know that these activities are best enjoyed with cursing and by cursing i mean cursing a lot? cursing the lights out of the stadium. Imagine coach reyes trying to behave himself because he comes to realize that he is inside INC grounds pala. That’s lame. I don’t want my basketball like that. Yeah.that’s a good point. But that is just the minor impasse.

[English or provide translation]

AlYuson
08-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Guys dont make this thread a religious issue..mods might force to close this if you insist a "religious" debate

weward
08-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Too bad, the state-of-the-art Mall of Asia Arena is scheduled to be completed next year where it has plan to host the NBA preseason game ;)

http://sports.inquirer.net/5626/moa-to-host-nba-preseason-game#_

its really great that we'll have new big stadiums..Araneta is old already..
Hopefully NBA would like to do it here. There in MOA and who knows maybe in Bulacan too sometime in the future(if the stadium would be that good--which i think wont):D

and

Guys dont make this thread a religious issue..mods might force to close this if you insist a "religious" debate

this

nashill
08-21-2011, 02:50 PM
its really great that we'll have new big stadiums..Araneta is old already..
Hopefully NBA would like to do it here. There in MOA and who knows maybe in Bulacan too sometime in the future(if the stadium would be that good--which i think wont):D

and

this
I've read about the project and I hope you know who's the designer and the developer of this project before acting like a crab...

jaypee88
08-21-2011, 03:30 PM
hehe maybe it'll be just metal frames as the structure
plus metal frames for the bleachers and it'll be padded by wood planks as seats
and it will be open air and will require people to bring their own abanicos..:D

The Cost $175million is only for the contract of building it, not the total cost. Its not yet done, so you can't say the exact cost of the whole structure.

jaypee88
08-21-2011, 03:37 PM

The $175million is only for the contract of building it(contractor is a Korean company), not mentioned was the cost of the architect which is a company from australia and the project engineer from the UK. Its not yet done, so you can't say the exact cost of the whole structure.

rycorpz
08-21-2011, 03:40 PM
[English or provide translation]

Ei read the content very carefully before you post ok and by the way use english Ok this is an international website viewed around the world and please , please be a smart reader alright he's just bashing our government not your group ok

jaypee88
08-21-2011, 03:45 PM

"let's commend the INC leadership for these worthwhile twin projects. but when it comes to sports concerns, i will put my trust in the hands of the private sectors for the time being." - its not just a twin projects.. aside from the arena and the stadium. Hospitals,School and Convention Center will be constructed at the same time.

weward
08-21-2011, 03:52 PM
The Cost $175million is only for the contract of building it, not the total cost. Its not yet done, so you can't say the exact cost of the whole structure.

relax dude, i was not serious with that statement. -its a joke ;)

I've read about the project and I hope you know who's the designer and the developer of this project before acting like a crab...

yes i dont know them. My mistake to prejudge them. sorry.
But can you pls enlighten me with the developers? are they that good? what do you think this stadium would be?

yesha_24
08-21-2011, 04:52 PM
my girlfriend is INC and im a roman catholic,sshhh.:o.. i don't think it's mandatory..im not sure.but she shaid it's not.

It's not. There's no% required. The amount is up to you. Even piso is fine if "bukal sa kalooban mo". I'm 100% sure of this because I'm an Iglesia ni Cristo since birth.
It was already announced that this may be used by other sports activities of non-INC, local or international.

yesha_24
08-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Please refrain from bashing INC here.
I doubt worship service will be done here except for some gatherings like anniversaries and I think this will be used mostly on sports activities.
I also think that PBA games might be played here as this is not like a "kapilya".
You can't stop the bad mouths in a game and I believe that will not be forbidden in this dome as like I said, this is not a "kapilya", so I believe this will be a dome like other domes, only bigger.

nashill
08-22-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96N5rLqExrM&hd=1

sickcurtain_16
08-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Let's stop the inappropriate religion talks and disccussions. Any further talks on that will be deleted.

weward
08-22-2011, 12:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96N5rLqExrM&hd=1

wow im impressed!
how much would the total cost be kaya? buti pa sila they can build structures like this with their own, our government should wake up and do their projects well.

xin
08-22-2011, 12:46 AM
"let's commend the INC leadership for these worthwhile twin projects. but when it comes to sports concerns, i will put my trust in the hands of the private sectors for the time being." - its not just a twin projects.. aside from the arena and the stadium. Hospitals,School and Convention Center will be constructed at the same time.

I'm only interested in the Arena :D, since this is IBN there's only one religion here and that is Iglesia ng Basketbol:p

I know you are just exicited with the developments in your church but this kind of project is part of the ministries of your church and this is something that other denominations/religion have also been doing for hundreds of years now. They're hitting two birds in one stone...

The religious sector has always been a partner of the government in providing health services, quality education and venues for social gathering for the people but the truth is access to these facilities/institution is not free even for members.

It's imperative that they open this commercially, maintenance alone of a structure this size will cost millions annually.

So the design will be more like an auditorium which is more suitable for concerts/performing arts than basketball games

Perfect for the anniversary of the church and other large events like the opening/closing ceremonies of multi-sport competitions.

Its actually a huge church building in disguise as an arena:D

96N5rLqExrM

ok na sana nagparinig pa si kuya :D trans: world peace

weward
08-22-2011, 12:48 AM
people here in our place were still saying that it will still include an amusement park?
anybody knows?

xin
08-22-2011, 01:34 AM
wow im impressed!
how much would the total cost be kaya? buti pa sila they can build structures like this with their own, our government should wake up and do their projects well.

If you can find the solution in preventing the lost of 20-30% of our national budget to graft and corruption, we would at least be able to build 25 arenas of this kind every year:cool: That's how rich this country is:D

ARMIR
08-22-2011, 01:54 AM
The Cowboys Stadium is still the largest domed stadium with a retractable roof and world's largest tv....and they have the world famous cowboys cheerleaders:D:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKg8G9sMWUY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vRfF8Hi6hA

hoopaddict
08-22-2011, 02:06 AM
im just curious why in bocaue?..isn't that place very susceptible to flooding?

weward
08-22-2011, 02:23 AM
im just curious why in bocaue?..isn't that place very susceptible to flooding?

nope not the INC area. The flood is on the other side of Bocaue. this area is more of sta.Maria. Its just that its parallel to Bocaue and was cut by NLEX.

hoopaddict
08-22-2011, 03:18 AM
nope not the INC area. The flood is on the other side of Bocaue. this area is more of sta.Maria. Its just that its parallel to Bocaue and was cut by NLEX.

maybe INC should cash out a little more on road widening.
traffic there is notoriously outrageous!:p

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 03:44 AM
manilenos and far will travel long to go that place :p :(

bright.lights
08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
The Cowboys Stadium is still the largest domed stadium with a retractable roof and world's largest tv....and they have the world famous cowboys cheerleaders:D:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKg8G9sMWUY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vRfF8Hi6hA

Just so we set things right, ARENAS and STADIUMS are TWO DIFFERENT types of venues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domed_stadium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena

Hence the term "Philippine ARENA" and not "Philippine STADIUM".

You're right, the Cowboys do have the largest "DOMED STADIUM" and once the Philippine Arena is created, the Cowboy Stadium will still be considered the "Largest DOMED STADIUM"...lol, and the Philippine Arena will be considered as the "Largest INDOOR ARENA"

kerouac82
08-22-2011, 02:55 PM
From what I've gleaned reading through the SkyscraperCity forums, the domed arena will be part of the Bocaue campus of New Era University. The said development will include the Erano G. Manalo Medical Center, the Eduardo V. Manalo Conference Center, an annex of the College of Evangelical Ministry, and one or two football and track stadia. The Philippine Arena itself will be a supersized version of UT Arlington's Texas Hall, only the seats are raised and arranged around the stage. When it's finished, it could overtake the Blue Eagle Gym as the biggest on-campus sports facility in the country. I wonder how this will affect NEU's athletic recruitment, and their sports programs as a whole. This could attract talented INC athletes who would otherwise go elsewhere due to NEU's reputation for not prioritizing sports (ie. Paul Artadi). Are they planning to jump ship from the NCRAA to the NCAA too?

weward
08-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Just so we set things right, ARENAS and STADIUMS are TWO DIFFERENT types of venues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domed_stadium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena

Hence the term "Philippine ARENA" and not "Philippine STADIUM".

You're right, the Cowboys do have the largest "DOMED STADIUM" and once the Philippine Arena is created, the Cowboy Stadium will still be considered the "Largest DOMED STADIUM"...lol, and the Philippine Arena will be considered as the "Largest INDOOR ARENA"

What i like most with this thing is that they named it after our country :cool:.

btw, i have noticed the humongous increase in traffic here in IBN Philippine forum.
just this afternoon it peaked to as high as 200+ people viewing this part of the forum and now its 190+ and its 10:50 PM already. If we are to compare it to previous statistics, its abnormal and surprising at the same time. Just the past month,after the smart allstar weekend the number of viewers rose up to 90+ from the normal 30-40ish. now it rose by more than 100%!:eek:
in just 4 months,the normal viewing number of 30-40+ rose up by ~500%!:eek:
Is it just a coincidence that from ~90 viewers it went up to 200+ after this thread was set up?

kerouac82
08-22-2011, 03:07 PM
What i like most with this thing is that they named it after our country :cool:.

btw, i have noticed the humongous increase in traffic here in IBN Philippine forum.
just this afternoon it peaked to as high as 200+ people viewing this part of the forum and now its 190+ and its 10:50 PM already. If we are to compare it to previous statistics, its abnormal and surprising at the same time. Just the past month,after the smart allstar weekend the number of viewers rose up to 90+ from the normal 30-40ish. now it rose by more than 100%!:eek:
in just 4 months,the normal viewing number of 30-40+ rose up by ~500%!:eek:
Is it just a coincidence that from ~90 viewers it went up to 200+ after this thread was set up?

Not surprised. This is good news, and people in this forum always appreciate positive things.

weward
08-22-2011, 03:07 PM
From what I've gleaned reading through the SkyscraperCity forums, the domed arena will be part of the Bocaue campus of New Era University. The said development will include the Erano G. Manalo Medical Center, the Eduardo V. Manalo Conference Center, an annex of the College of Evangelical Ministry, and one or two football and track stadia. The Philippine Arena itself will be a supersized version of UT Arlington's Texas Hall, only the seats are raised and arranged around the stage. When it's finished, it could overtake the Blue Eagle Gym as the biggest on-campus sports facility in the country.

hehe it will dwarf my highschool,St.Paul Bocaue..its just on the other side of the NLEX face to face pa tlga sila..lol I just wonder where will they place the road leading to that land..

and INC establishing a big base in Bocaue. And we all know Bocaue is the base of the JIL people..and Bocaue and Sta.Maria is one of the most religious RCC people in Bulacan. :D party party na! oops this is about religion already. sorry

kerouac82
08-22-2011, 03:18 PM
hehe it will dwarf my highschool,St.Paul Bocaue..its just on the other side of the NLEX face to face pa tlga sila..lol I just wonder where will they place the road leading to that land..

and INC establishing a big base in Bocaue. And we all know Bocaue is the base of the JIL people..and Bocaue and Sta.Maria is one of the most religious RCC people in Bulacan. :D party party na! oops this is about religion already. sorry

A little diversity is always good. Did you know that just behind the INC central temple in Culiat, there's a big Muslim community? And the Claretian missionaries have a seminary nearby. Down the road at Commonwealth is St Peter's Parish. Then again, Bocaue is the home of the pagoda fluvial procession.

ARMIR
08-22-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm only interested in the Arena :D, since this is IBN there's only one religion here and that is Iglesia ng Basketbol:p

I know you are just exicited with the developments in your church but this kind of project is part of the ministries of your church and this is something that other denominations/religion have also been doing for hundreds of years now. They're hitting two birds in one stone...

The religious sector has always been a partner of the government in providing health services, quality education and venues for social gathering for the people but the truth is access to these facilities/institution is not free even for members.

It's imperative that they open this commercially, maintenance alone of a structure this size will cost millions annually.

So the design will be more like an auditorium which is more suitable for concerts/performing arts than basketball games

Perfect for the anniversary of the church and other large events like the opening/closing ceremonies of multi-sport competitions.

Its actually a huge church building in disguise as an arena:D

96N5rLqExrM

ok na sana nagparinig pa si kuya :D trans: world peace

its weird why people here are excited of these arena when its built mainly for religon and not a sports arena if theres concerts rest assured its not gonna be rap,hard rock,heavy metal or anything thats loud,its mainly for their big meetings,exhibits,and cultural stuff so its not considered the worlds largest multi sport arena like the covered Georgia Dome

kerouac82
08-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Also read in SSC that the total cost would be 7.6 Billion pesos. Whoohoo.

nashill
08-22-2011, 03:44 PM

if you are business minded, this is a good opportunity as you live close to the area...

bright.lights
08-22-2011, 03:52 PM
...When it's finished, it could overtake the Blue Eagle Gym as the biggest on-campus sports facility in the country. I wonder how this will affect NEU's athletic recruitment, and their sports programs as a whole. This could attract talented INC athletes who would otherwise go elsewhere due to NEU's reputation for not prioritizing sports (ie. Paul Artadi). Are they planning to jump ship from the NCRAA to the NCAA too?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Philippine Arena and the new athletic equipment (new sports complex/new NEU campus etc...) attracted international students/recruits. Seeing as to how NCAA Men's Basketball is venturing into the international market with their international preseason games in China etc, the Philippine Arena could become a reason to hold these games in the Philippines. Not only NCAA Men's Basketball, but even preseason/regular NBA games could be held in the Philippine Arena.

Looking back on the previous posts, it's ironic how people are reacting to this new Arena. In most countries, when a group develops/creates something that brings great honor/respect to their country...people are also proud and are very thankful.

But then again, like what jerby said:

frenzfries
08-22-2011, 03:58 PM
since we're on ibn let's not talk religion, let's talk sports :)

bright.lights
08-22-2011, 04:17 PM
...so its not considered the worlds largest multi sport arena like the covered Georgia Dome

Is it hard to accept if the Philippine's could create the World's Largest Domed-Arena? And just so you know, the Geogia Dome is considered a "Domed-Stadium"...which is also quite different from a "Domed-Arena"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Dome

bright.lights
08-22-2011, 04:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_indoor_arenas_by_capacity

Just so we're all in the same page when it comes to discussing "largest indoor arenas". Take a look at the "Arenas under construction" section..guess who's #1 :cool:

Oh and the same architectural firm POPULOUS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populous_%28architects%29), will be creating the Philippine Arena. If you click on the link, you'll notice that they were also the ones responsible for creating the other indoor arenas listed.

geo
08-23-2011, 12:54 AM

What gives?

Pre hinay la, it im kasing kasing bangin bumuto :D:D:D... Trans: relax bro.

ARMIR
08-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Is it hard to accept if the Philippine's could create the World's Largest Domed-Arena? And just so you know, the Geogia Dome is considered a "Domed-Stadium"...which is also quite different from a "Domed-Arena"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Dome

yea but the Philippine Dome will not be use as a sports arena its for a religious purpose and no one not even the President can tell the INC to do so.
btw the Georgia Dome is considered a dome stadium/arena they held basketball,concerts,wrestling,soccer even a rodeo event,lots of football stadium in the US cant do that.

bright.lights
08-23-2011, 05:14 AM
yea but the Philippine Dome will not be use as a sports arena its for a religious purpose and no one not even the President can tell the INC to do so.

Watch the video posted on youtube about the Arena, even the architectural firm "POPULOUS" expressed that the arena will be used for various events and will not be limited to "religious" purposes.

...btw the Georgia Dome is considered a dome stadium/arena they held basketball,concerts,wrestling,soccer even a rodeo event,lots of football stadium in the US cant do that.

I respectfully disagree. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Dome..
"The Georgia Dome is a domed stadium located in Atlanta, Georgia, United States..."

Don't be too negative AMIR , it shows on your posts ;)

jerby
08-23-2011, 02:47 PM

Nya ha ha ha, gidaw kay adi pan usa nga waray! Napakalas ka man!

trans= Surprised to know another Waray here! You startled me on a forum!!! :)

btarroja
08-24-2011, 09:06 AM
i think more than 5000 jobs will be available for at least 2.5 years from this project... kudos to the INC leaders and member...

invictusrio
08-25-2011, 04:47 PM
the iglesia ni cristo centennial project is something that all Filipino should be proud of.. it shouldn't matter if the dome will subsequently be use for recreational purposes.. the fact is the dome will serve as a living testament of how great Filipinos are..

Dare to ask why?

imagine a minority religious group which starts from scratch in 1914

managing to penetrate and establish thousands of churches here in RP and 98 other countries and territories..

this minority religious group has no debt or loan to speak of and is now building great churches around the globe and now the biggest arena in the world funded solely by INC members "handog" ang "abuloy"..

did you ever imagine that the person who established this church in 1914 is a simple man, not born of riches?

did you ever ask why what's in this church that it was able to grow in multitudes and achieved its glorious status?

it takes a lot to make people as organized, disciplined and committed as that of the majority of INC members..

it takes a lot more for leaders to be honest and incorruptible when face with great powers and huge wealth.

INC leaders are living testament of honesty. Their churches are evidence of money well kept and well spent.

I believe Filipino people will greatly benefit if our political leaders run our country like how INC leaders run their flocks. Future political leaders must consider taking leadership training under the INC executive ministers. :)

when we see something good let us set aside the "carab mentality". let us just be thankful that a 3rd world country like ours can still built outstanding structures comparable and even greater to that of the G8 countries.

have we seen even just one INC chapel crumbling from an earthquake? there is none i guess.. i am almost sure that the structures to be build under the roof of INC's ciudad de victoria here in bocaue are world class..

bocauenos will greatly benefit from this INC project in terms of potential jobs, social services and tourism.[/QUOTE]

ricodgame
08-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes it's big, however it's too far for those who are living in the south. :(

hoopaddict
09-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Update: Construction is in full swing.. sorry about the pic.. i took it inside my car ..

Servinio
09-12-2012, 03:31 AM
This could be the future venue of competitions in the National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (NAASCU) maybe as early as the 14th season in academic year 2014-2015.

Please join the official NAASCU Facebook connection! (http://www.facebook.com/groups/128333683218/) :D

weward
09-12-2012, 05:25 AM
This could be the future venue of competitions in the National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (NAASCU) maybe as early as the 14th season in academic year 2014-2015.

Please join the official NAASCU Facebook connection! (http://www.facebook.com/groups/128333683218/) :D

last thing i heard it will not be like the usual arena. It will be more of a super big auditorium/stage/theater.
like this:
stage play..

I also saw some road construction connecting the land to the NLEX(maybe thats why the tollgates were adjusted).
And i was wrong about it being near my place. it isnt that near. however the condominium is. And construction is really loud especially at midnight!
Its like a giant jackhammer sound! dug dug dug dug dug x infinity!

hoopaddict
09-12-2012, 06:36 AM
I also saw some road construction connecting the land to the NLEX(maybe thats why the tollgates were adjusted).
And i was wrong about it being near my place. it isnt that near. however the condominium is. And construction is really loud especially at midnight!
Its like a giant jackhammer sound! dug dug dug dug dug x infinity!

i guess you live in Sta maria? once completed i predict traffic jams of biblical proportions in the NLEX exit.

sharky
09-12-2012, 12:35 PM
wow. is there like a contest with these religious groups on building arenas. i heard there is also a construction of an arena in the cavite area for the 4th watch pentecostal church. and of course the KJC king dome of Quiboloy in davao. i wont be surprised if villanueva, velarde, soriano etc. would be constructing their own soon. haha

mangangalakal
09-12-2012, 01:07 PM
wow. is there like a contest with these religious groups on building arenas. i heard there is also a construction of an arena in the cavite area for the 4th watch pentecostal church. and of course the KJC king dome of Quiboloy in davao. i wont be surprised if villanueva, velarde, soriano etc. would be constructing their own soon. haha

Bro. Mike already has his "temple" in Paranaque. It's near the Airport.
Let's give credit where credit is due. If the Philippine Arena is indeed an Arena similar to O2 Arena or other European stadia, then we would have one more world-class sporting venue to support future sport event hosting bids (2026 Manila Asiad, anyone???). Also the INC has their "Unity Games", and the Grand Evangelical Missions, plus other shows of strength where they demonstrate to the world how large they have become. Philippine Arena is one of these "shows of strength". Kudos to INC for investing in an arena though. It's good for them and for the country in general, and for Bulacan in particular.

MVP_Danding
09-13-2012, 01:24 AM
is this finished?

weward
07-23-2013, 09:11 AM
There was an accident in the area, they said it was last night. Just saw a GMA7 van pass by our street. Dont know exactly what happened. 6-7 people were reportedly hurt, dunno if someone died. But some says one is going to have his leg/s amputated.

sickcurtain_16
07-25-2013, 08:52 PM
There was an accident in the area, they said it was last night. Just saw a GMA7 van pass by our street. Dont know exactly what happened. 6-7 people were reportedly hurt, dunno if someone died. But some says one is going to have his leg/s amputated.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/318988/news/regions/two-workers-dead-in-construction-mishap-at-iglesia-ni-cristo-s-philippine-arena

hope the families will be compensated well and no more accidents/mishaps in this construction.

b3lowzro
07-26-2013, 05:11 AM
Quiloboy's Christian sect builds their own 50k arena down south.

http://www.pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?article=1541368087728

World-class arena to rise in Davao City by 2015

DAVAO CITY, May 10 -- A world-class, multi-purpose arena currently under construction in Davao City is expected to be completed by 2015.

According to Pastor Apollo Quiboloy of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ the Name Above Every Name, the center dubbed the King Dome will be the country’s largest dome and can seat about 52,000 people. The five-hectare site is located in the 23-hectare Kingdom of Jesus Christ compound beside the Davao International Airport.

Pastor Quiboloy said that the dome-shaped facility was originally intended for the church’s activities but on special arrangements can also be used to host events such as concerts and basketball games.

“It will have a FIBA (International Basketball Federation) standard basketball court,” said the Pastor who added that the entire budget for the King Dome is estimated to run P3-billion.

If completed it will be the second FIBA standard basketball court in the City next to the 8,000-seater University of Southeastern Philippine (USEP) gymnasium. By its size alone it can more than adequately host PBA (Philippine Basketball Association) or even NBA (National Basketball Association) games since it will be bigger than Araneta Coliseum and the Mall Of Asia Arena, both facilities has a capacity of 20,000 people.

Groundbreaking of the King Dome began in 2012 and was originally intended as a worship cathedral to fit a growing throng of the Kingdom’s followers as the existing facilities can no longer accommodate increasingly larger gatherings.

The Kingdom of Jesus Christ with its full members and covenant partners is estimated to number 6-million people worldwide.

According to the Pastor, the King Dome will feature the latest audio-video projection systems and high-definition video production equipment which can project the Kingdom’s worship and thanksgiving activities over its two spill-over plazas, the 2-hectare front plaza and the 3-hectare rear plaza for crowds which can no longer be accommodated in the dome. Sophisticated in-house broadcast facilities can also beam activities inside the dome throughout the world.

Another hallmark of the dome according to the Pastor is its water-cooled airconditioning system which consumes 30% lesser energy compared to conventional types.

The construction is estimated to run for two years and is expected to be completed by 2015 in time for the Kingdom’s 30th anniversary.

The King Dome is expected to fortify Davao City’s niche as a top MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibits) destination in the country, aside from the King Dome, the City presently has the USEP gym and the SMX center in SM Lanang to host large conventions, gatherings, concerts and sporting events. (PIA/RG Alama)

Alex07
07-29-2013, 12:50 PM

waray waray ka gihap hehehe? peace everyone

weward
01-03-2014, 09:47 AM
4Edt-XWSMng

testmic
01-04-2014, 05:59 AM
4Edt-XWSMng

I don't think it can be used for basketball events due to the stage design and the audience's seating..

toikins
01-04-2014, 12:40 PM
I don't think it can be used for basketball events due to the stage design and the audience's seating..

http://www.interbasket.net/forums/showthread.php?17697-BULACAN-Philippine-Arena-%2850-000%29-World-s-Largest-Domed-Arena/page5

testmic
01-06-2014, 08:35 AM
http://www.interbasket.net/forums/showthread.php?17697-BULACAN-Philippine-Arena-%2850-000%29-World-s-Largest-Domed-Arena/page5

did not see anything about the dome hosting a BASKETBALL game. the design is a theater stage. can that stage be replaced by a basketball court if needed? then the audience can only watch from one side of the court.

toikins
01-07-2014, 01:01 AM
did not see anything about the dome hosting a BASKETBALL game. the design is a theater stage. can that stage be replaced by a basketball court if needed? then the audience can only watch from one side of the court.

That is what i am trying to point out. You just repeated what was raised in the previous page. There were basketball games that were played in stage setting like what was discussed in the previous page. But who would want to watch that.

There is an unwritten rule here in this forum. And that is to give an effort to backread. Its not a pain anyway, it is just a page away.

lovejones
01-07-2014, 02:15 AM
I'm telling you guys, they'll show basketball in 4 acts

testmic
01-07-2014, 04:14 AM
That is what i am trying to point out. You just repeated what was raised in the previous page. There were basketball games that were played in stage setting like what was discussed in the previous page. But who would want to watch that.

There is an unwritten rule here in this forum. And that is to give an effort to backread. Its not a pain anyway, it is just a page away.

then basketball is not gonna happen in it..okay..cleared.