PDA

View Full Version : PBA Draft 2012 (possible order and draftees)

Pages : [1] 2

ischmemia
07-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Anyone knows the possible draft order and their possible picks for the incoming draft?

Big Ticket
07-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Anyone knows the possible draft order and their possible picks for the incoming draft?

draft order of the 2012 Annual Draft? the 2011-12 season has'nt even started.....draft order is based on the previous season's team standings....

lovejones
07-20-2011, 01:35 AM
draft order of the 2012 Annual Draft? the 2011-12 season has'nt even started.....draft order is based on the previous season's team standings....

i know it's confusing but the 2012 annual draft is actually this year's draft.

makotosing
07-20-2011, 01:48 AM
2011 draft will be next month i think.. 2011draft for season 2011-12

Cryotek
07-20-2011, 08:34 AM
One thing I'm sure, the rights of Air21's 2012 1st round pick was actually for Bmeg!
So if they have another losing record next season...Bmeg might get the no.1 pick..:)

capitantiago
07-20-2011, 09:30 AM
One thing I'm sure, the rights of Air21's 2012 1st round pick was actually for Bmeg!
So if they have another losing record next season...Bmeg might get the no.1 pick..:)

really? too bad, blake griffin (a 0.00000000000000000000001% Pinoy, lol) is already playing in the nba. hahaha
and parks is still in the collge.

Cryotek
07-20-2011, 09:37 AM
really? too bad, blake griffin (a 0.00000000000000000000001% Pinoy, lol) is already playing in the nba. hahaha
and parks is still in the collge.

hehehe...some of the Gilas boys might join this rookie draft!

fordmo47
07-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Paul Lee is definitely a candidate to be a first round pick.

capitantiago
07-20-2011, 11:33 AM
hehehe...some of the Gilas boys might join this rookie draft!

OT:

In my book, this is BMEG's depth chart:

PG: Roger Yap, Jonas Villanueva
SG: James Yap, PJ Simon
SF: Kerby Raymundo, Joe Devance
PF: Marc Pingris, Rico Maierhofer
C: Rafi Reavis, Don Allado or Rommel Adducul

on the verge: Jonathan Fernandez, Josh Urbiztondo, Allado, Adducul, Gaco, Escobal

come next season, if they are all healthy and injury-free, they will contend for the championship even if they will not be able to add a blue-chip rookie.

Cryotek
07-20-2011, 12:33 PM
OT:

In my book, this is BMEG's depth chart:

PG: Roger Yap, Jonas Villanueva
SG: James Yap, PJ Simon
SF: Kerby Raymundo, Joe Devance
PF: Marc Pingris, Rico Maierhofer
C: Rafi Reavis, Don Allado or Rommel Adducul

on the verge: Jonathan Fernandez, Josh Urbiztondo, Allado, Adducul, Gaco, Escobal

come next season, if they are all healthy and injury-free, they will contend for the championship even if they will not be able to add a blue-chip rookie.

Escobal was already waived by the team now...

nardy
07-28-2011, 10:08 AM
http://img.tweetimag.es/i/snowbadua_b snow badua (@snowbadua (http://twitter.com/snowbadua))

Posted Thursday 28th July 2011 from Twitlonger (http://www.twitlonger.com/apps/web)

EARLY DRAFT BIRDS. (Thanks to MS HAZEL ANCHETA, NOLI CORTEZ & PBA PRESS CORPS PRESIDENT TITO TALAO)

Pilipinas Smart-Gilas stalwarts Marcio Lassiter and Chris Lutz lead the first 10 applicants to the 2011 PBA Rookie Draft even as the PBA Commissioner’s Office has set August 18, 2011 as the deadline for both homegrown and Fil-foreign players to submit their application and other requirements.

Lassiter and Lutz are key players on the Rajko Toroman-mentored national squad which will compete in the FIBA-Asia men’s championship in Wuhan, China this September where the winner secures a spot in the 2012 London Olympics.

These two players are expected to go high in the Draft. Contesting the No. 1 overall pick in the Draft lottery to be held during the Governors’ Cup Finals are the Powerade Tigers and Air21 Express.

So far, 10 players have applied for the 2011 PBA Rookie Draft which will be held on August 28 at Robinson’s Place Manila. The other rookie hopefuls are Nino Nabong, Christopher Pestano, Raymond Montaniel, Marc Cagoco, Alvyn Cabonce, Christopher Concepcion, Felimon Fernandez and Marvin Graebel.

The move to have a common deadline gives Fil-foreign applicants, who had to apply by July 29 in the original timetable, three weeks more to complete their requirements.

For this year’s Rookie Draft, however, only Fil-foreign players who have played for the Philippine men’s basketball team and are over the PBA D-League age limit of 26 years old will be allowed to join.

The papers of all the applicants will still have to go through an evaluation process before the Commissioner’s Office comes out with the final list of candidates who will then have to attend the Rookie Camp on August 23 to 26.

http://tl.gd/c0imu3

acklium
07-28-2011, 02:21 PM
http://img.tweetimag.es/i/snowbadua_b snow badua (@snowbadua (http://twitter.com/snowbadua))

Posted Thursday 28th July 2011 from Twitlonger (http://www.twitlonger.com/apps/web)

EARLY DRAFT BIRDS. (Thanks to MS HAZEL ANCHETA, NOLI CORTEZ & PBA PRESS CORPS PRESIDENT TITO TALAO)

Pilipinas Smart-Gilas stalwarts Marcio Lassiter and Chris Lutz lead the first 10 applicants to the 2011 PBA Rookie Draft even as the PBA Commissioner’s Office has set August 18, 2011 as the deadline for both homegrown and Fil-foreign players to submit their application and other requirements.

Lassiter and Lutz are key players on the Rajko Toroman-mentored national squad which will compete in the FIBA-Asia men’s championship in Wuhan, China this September where the winner secures a spot in the 2012 London Olympics.

These two players are expected to go high in the Draft. Contesting the No. 1 overall pick in the Draft lottery to be held during the Governors’ Cup Finals are the Powerade Tigers and Air21 Express.

So far, 10 players have applied for the 2011 PBA Rookie Draft which will be held on August 28 at Robinson’s Place Manila. The other rookie hopefuls are Nino Nabong, Christopher Pestano, Raymond Montaniel, Marc Cagoco, Alvyn Cabonce, Christopher Concepcion, Felimon Fernandez and Marvin Graebel.

The move to have a common deadline gives Fil-foreign applicants, who had to apply by July 29 in the original timetable, three weeks more to complete their requirements.

For this year’s Rookie Draft, however, only Fil-foreign players who have played for the Philippine men’s basketball team and are over the PBA D-League age limit of 26 years old will be allowed to join.

The papers of all the applicants will still have to go through an evaluation process before the Commissioner’s Office comes out with the final list of candidates who will then have to attend the Rookie Camp on August 23 to 26.

http://tl.gd/c0imu3

that is one of the main reason why we are having a hard time to develop young cagers..
they are already ripe once they reach the pba..
nothing to develop nothing to reshape..

jundakki
07-28-2011, 05:59 PM
In one news item published in Philippine Star (http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticle.aspx?articleId=711159&publicationSubCategoryId=69&keyword=), it says Lassiter and Lutz head applicants for PBA Rookie Draft. So what will happen if they get drafted by PBA teams? Will they leave Smart Gilas?

alien space bats
07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
i dont see any problem with that considering that the PBA season usually kicks off in October which is after their Wuhan stint.

ariel_muhlach
07-28-2011, 06:17 PM
it depends with their Agents and what's written in their contracts.

But if they get drafted they are then under the jurisdiction of the PBA and that means PBA Board approval is needed before they could play for the National Team.

It is more likely that the PBA might allow them to suit up with Gilas until the Wuhan tournament is over then that's it for them.

alien space bats
07-28-2011, 06:27 PM
PBA Teams will ride on their coattails for sure and let them play for the flag until wuhan is over. these guys will not only represent ph but also their products.free exposure!

jundakki
07-28-2011, 06:28 PM
I thought Smart Gilas players are being given handsome pays, why would they still consider playing for PBA?

gaLj
07-28-2011, 06:51 PM
I thought Smart Gilas players are being given handsome pays, why would they still consider playing for PBA?

Maybe, they're not of Gilas future plans or worst case scenario the program is coming to an end.

jamalsampson
07-28-2011, 07:01 PM

heard MVP lost a big amount of money which is still unaccounted for with this program. There is no indication that SMART would be renewing the players' contracts or if the GILAS program will continue or if a new program would be set-up.

Then their contracts only amount to what is given to PBA Rookies.

In the PBA even if there is supposed to be a Salary Cap, the teams are known to give under the table 2nd contracts to its player thus evading the BIR. This was revealed by Rene Hawkins and Jayvee Gayoso when other teams does not want to honor the 2nd contract Tanduay gave them. Then there is the money they could earn from the Gambling Syndicates.

jamalsampson
07-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Maybe, they're not of Gilas future plans or worst case scenario the program is coming to an end.

this explains it .....

Originally Posted by namamangha
This tournament proved that Toroman is the reason why the Gilas Pilipinas program failed.

He gave in to all the changes that the sponsor dictated, including, but not limited to, allowing PBA players to become part of the program at the last minute. PBA players playing headless chickens because they are not familiar with Toroman's system.

Disgust and confusion reigns within the team. More than half of the team unused.

The team you all just saw play are heroes. They played for the country, in spite of all these.

Originally Posted by namamangha
His contract expires on September. But so does the rest of the boys'.

Wala ng Gilas after September.

FilipinoDad
07-29-2011, 02:50 AM
Well, it was fun until it lasted!

fordmo47
07-29-2011, 02:52 AM
One of these days, the number of Filipinos in the PBA who played in the US NCAA will surpass the number of those who played in NCAA (Philippines).;)

acklium
07-29-2011, 05:22 AM
i hate to say this..
but CHOT HAD BEEN WHISPERING MVPs EARs ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!

Big Ticket
07-29-2011, 05:51 AM
really can't expect them to play for gilas forever....time for the sinag players to get in to gilas...

japhet will also go back to the PBA with TNT after wuhan...

Big Ticket
07-29-2011, 06:23 AM
the 26 year old limit is for those who have not played in the d-league...you can apply for the draft as early as 21 years old as long as you have the necessary college units...

killmebusy
07-29-2011, 06:45 AM
The smart gilas program was really only going to serve us thru to the olympic qualifying stage and if lucky to the olympics...after that they are allowed to get themselves drafted in the pba. the salaries (or allowances) they receive now as part of gilas are in line with the rookie max pay of the pba.

thing is smart gilas was formed in 2009...comprised of the best amateur players (sans paul lee) at that time. problem with this is that they planned it to be a 3 year program, ending in 2012...with lutz and lassiter applying for this coming draft, we have to speculate that the gilas program is coming to an end a year earlier.

personally, the inclusion of pba players in the national team this late is an awful move..why not send an all-pro team instead? i would rather have this lineup for the national team: la tenorio, kelly williams, gabe norwood, japeth aguilar, marcus douthit, chris lutz, jimmy alapag, rabeh al-hussini, sonny thoss, jason castro, arwind santos, mick pennisi. the only advantage gilas has is their long time together...give those guys enough time to gel and they will surely compete against the best in asia. looking at the roster we have now for gilas, i'm not keeping my hopes up that we will qualify for the olympics nor the fiba worlds.

toikins
07-29-2011, 07:59 AM
The smart gilas program was really only going to serve us thru to the olympic qualifying stage and if lucky to the olympics...after that they are allowed to get themselves drafted in the pba. the salaries (or allowances) they receive now as part of gilas are in line with the rookie max pay of the pba.

thing is smart gilas was formed in 2009...comprised of the best amateur players (sans paul lee) at that time. problem with this is that they planned it to be a 3 year program, ending in 2012...with lutz and lassiter applying for this coming draft, we have to speculate that the gilas program is coming to an end a year earlier.

personally, the inclusion of pba players in the national team this late is an awful move..why not send an all-pro team instead? i would rather have this lineup for the national team: la tenorio, kelly williams, gabe norwood, japeth aguilar, marcus douthit, chris lutz, jimmy alapag, rabeh al-hussini, sonny thoss, jason castro, arwind santos, mick pennisi. the only advantage gilas has is their long time together...give those guys enough time to gel and they will surely compete against the best in asia. looking at the roster we have now for gilas, i'm not keeping my hopes up that we will qualify for the olympics nor the fiba worlds.

hehe sorry bro, but i find this funny.
Have you been following Gilas? Can you see the BIG difference?
Have you seen how they play against other teams outside the Philippines?
Have you seen how brilliant their tactics are? how smart and good smart gilas players are?
Those pros are talented,yes,locally. But they really dont play good as a team even if we give them plenty of time to jell. They are not all born to fit an international type of game. And they have no good basketball IQ in terms of team play. They are just brilliant on 1-on-1 and against top Asian teams, they wont be that effective playing their game. Even Team USA cant gamble relying on their athleticism and strength.And not all American superstars fit in international type of game.

It would be better if they continue the national team-negotiate now with the PBA and the schools. I mean continuity. Not getting a new and much much younger batch of players(even younger than Gilas players were when they started). It would be better if those youngsters would be insert into the POOL instead of starting again from scratch.
The best way to fix the national team and competitiveness of Philippine basketball is by fixing the basketball calendar of our country.Its not in sync with the rest of the world.

and Gilas started last quarter of 2008.;)

D_I_A
07-29-2011, 08:21 AM

come on get real.:eek:

acklium
07-29-2011, 09:21 AM

im gonna troll you if you will continue to post like this..

geo
07-29-2011, 09:39 AM

Are you nuts?! Maybe you are following the cambodian national team:D:D:D:D

killmebusy
07-29-2011, 10:25 AM
well, i may have been a bit pessimistic in my last post but i just said i'm not keeping my hopes up...i didn't say we won't. seriously, can we contened with china or lebanon or iran? mac baracael - a 6'4 guy at best plays reserve pf...with kelly coming into the mix a couple months before wuhan. yes i watched the fiba tournament that was held here, but first of we had home court advantage and second china, japan and korea weren't there. we even only managed to place 4th...to qualify for the olympics i think we need to at least make the finals of the fiba asia. again i'm not saying we won't..i still would like us to but i'm not extremely positive about it. sorry, my opinion may not please everyone but that is how i see it. i mean, come on..they couldn't even beat a small ginebra team...heck they couldn't find a way to stop 6'4 nate brumfield. jianlian and haddadi are just as strong and as physical...and they are 8 inches taller.

nardy
07-29-2011, 11:04 AM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1441677396/snow-white-dh9j2ij3b-86612-471-500_large_normal.jpg
snowbadua (http://twitter.com/#%21/snowbadua) snow badua
PAUL LEE still studying options if he will apply for the PBA DRAFT. A lucrative offer to play for the PHILIPPINE PATRIOTS is also there.
56 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/snowbadua/status/96869001094893568)

weward
07-29-2011, 11:23 AM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1441677396/snow-white-dh9j2ij3b-86612-471-500_large_normal.jpg
PAUL LEE still studying options if he will apply for the PBA DRAFT. A lucrative offer to play for the PHILIPPINE PATRIOTS is also there.

lol what's with this feeling-kobe player? Masyadong businessman...
Let him do what he wants, he'll not be a loss at all.

weward
07-29-2011, 11:37 AM
well, i may have been a bit pessimistic in my last post but i just said i'm not keeping my hopes up...i didn't say we won't. seriously, can we contened with china or lebanon or iran? mac baracael - a 6'4 guy at best plays reserve pf...with kelly coming into the mix a couple months before wuhan. yes i watched the fiba tournament that was held here, but first of we had home court advantage and second china, japan and korea weren't there. we even only managed to place 4th...to qualify for the olympics i think we need to at least make the finals of the fiba asia. again i'm not saying we won't..i still would like us to but i'm not extremely positive about it. sorry, my opinion may not please everyone but that is how i see it. i mean, come on..they couldn't even beat a small ginebra team...heck they couldn't find a way to stop 6'4 nate brumfield. jianlian and haddadi are just as strong and as physical...and they are 8 inches taller.

dude, hehe you dont believe in Gilas' capability.
Most of us here are realists,too. We were also viewing our shot at the Olympics as close to impossible,even branding the sbp program of mr eala as too ambitious. The more realistic and really long term goal is the FIBA World Championship, too bad they are planning to demolish the Gilas program.
This is the best team we have and the best we can have at this moment.
Dont look at the team composition we're going up against, we have very good team-playing players who understands the game very well.
We have the PBA players to reinforce us on our weakness which is inside toughness.But too bad they're not really prioritizing our NT.
And to remind you, the WORLD CHAMPIONHIP BOUND Jordan NT who placed third/4th in Asia cant even blast past against Ginebra bench with a s*cky import-i forgot his name he's from canada. That same Jordan NT went toe to toe against argentina almost able to score an upset. And just a 1 point loss against Australia, with Australia coming off a miracle run to win. Playing against international teams is very different from playing club teams from Philippines.

Hope you dont lose faith in our team,and welcome to this forum. :)

nardy
07-29-2011, 08:05 PM
http://www.journal.com.ph/images/banners/site/jo_logo.png
Gilas Stalwarts lead PBA Draft

Published : Friday, July 29, 2011 00:00 Article Views : 175 Written by : Zean Macamay

CHRIS Lutz and Marcio Lassiter still have a big commitment left in their careers as national team members.

But the two have already realized that it’s time to make the giant step.

Lutz and Lassiter on Wednesday afternoon became the biggest names to apply this early for the PBA Draft next month, the league’s first huge event for the 2011-12 season that may yet be the richest pool in years.

Eight other players have likewise submitted their intentions to move up into the big stage, namely: Alvin Cabonte (Letran), Mark Cagoco (JRU), Nino Labong, Christopher Pestanio, Raymond Montaniel, Christopher Concepcion and Filimon Fernandez.

There’s no denying, however, that Lutz and Lassiter are bound to be first-round picks.

Lutz and Lassiter will still be a part of the Smart-Gilas quintet when it competes in the Jones Cup next month in Taiwan and in the tough FIBA-Asia Championships in September in China, the qualifying tournament for the Olympic Games in London next year.

The Draft is set on Aug. 28, with the Rookie Camp set on Aug. 23-26.

Unlike other rookies, though, Lutz and Lassiter could obtain special concessions if the PBA Board approves of it.

There are talks that Lutz and Lassiter will be demanding the same pay that they are reportedly getting at Smart-Gilas, which is at P250,000, during their first year in the PBA. The PBA, based on its rules, only gives rookies the maximum amount of P150,000 for the first year.

The team with the No. 1 pick has yet to be decided through a lottery. There are two teams vying for that spot – Powerade, which has never made it to the playoffs this season, and Air21. The loser in the lottery automatically choses No. 2, with Meralco owning the No. 3 pick. The Nos. 4-10 picks will be decided after the semi-finals of the ongoing Governors’ Cup.

Lutz, 22, played for Brewster Academy in the U.S. Lassiter, 20, studied at San Francisco City College.

donspark47
07-30-2011, 02:11 AM
the 26 year old limit is for those who have not played in the d-league...you can apply for the draft as early as 21 years old as long as you have the necessary college units...

agree....

reamily
07-30-2011, 02:15 AM
Now I think who has the more money, Is it mvp who is using his luxury tax exempting money or is it Azkals who is using FIFA luxury tax exempting money:D

duphaR007
07-30-2011, 05:26 AM
lol what's with this feeling-kobe player? Masyadong businessman...
Let him do what he wants, he'll not be a loss at all.

he's got all the time to study his options!

well of course it would also depend on the advice of his long haired manager/promoter/financier/bff

acklium
07-30-2011, 05:41 AM
paul lee's potential is ZERO
hes already riped!and that sucks!
junmar would be next!!!

ide rather have parks or ravena
develop their game internationally or in pba rather than being stock to college ball game..

killmebusy
07-30-2011, 06:54 AM
paul lee's potential is ZERO
hes already riped!and that sucks!
junmar would be next!!!

ide rather have parks or ravena
develop their game internationally or in pba rather than being stock to college ball game..

good thing about parks and ravena is that they have pretty good coaches training them in the collegiate ranks.

acklium
07-30-2011, 08:17 AM
the thing here is that..
a player whos 24 already and still playing college ball
will have the less potential to develop his arsenal as he enter the pba or join the national team.

good thing for japeth and greg they were able to be with the national team
by the age of 21 or 22..

reamily
07-30-2011, 10:43 AM
the thing here is that..
a player whos 24 already and still playing college ball
will have the less potential to develop his arsenal as he enter the pba or join the national team.

good thing for japeth and greg they were able to be with the national team
by the age of 21 or 22..

japeth is born in January of 1985:D

he played with the seniors nt at the age of 24

oh seung keun the guy who having career nos. in Korean NT against our National team made up of Kerby. Asi, Kelly et al. still plays in the Korean Collegiate league as of last season:cool:

thats why our college teams cannot brag they are the best in Asia because of this Korean Universities

Zero
07-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Who would you rather choose in the draft. Marcio Lassiter or Chris Lutz? :rolleyes:

reamily
07-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Who would you rather choose in the draft. Marcio Lassiter or Chris Lutz? :rolleyes:

both are not top pick materials.......

but Marcio is one hell of a player

while Chris would be one solid of a player..

teams would draft them would be winners but it should be the right teams:cool:

Silent Killer
07-31-2011, 12:41 PM

studying options? play for patriots instead. a marlou aquino junior?

DS_42
07-31-2011, 12:47 PM
studying options? play for patriots instead. a marlou aquino junior?

The guy wants to be THE STAR of the team right away. Probably scared of the depth of this coming draft and will just be relegated to the bench. No patience for this kid!

reamily
07-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Paul Lee and the iron coach does not know the word "pricing":eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Silent Killer
07-31-2011, 01:01 PM
the air21 second team will be good for him if he opted to join PBA. he aint james yap where james yap is a starting SG for the upstart Purefoods team alongside with kerby.

he already decline the offer to play with gilas and it was too late for him to accept the offer as gilas already tied up with PBA with lending of 5 players.

if luck is not his side and petron or guard oriented bgk is waiting in line, say hello to the bench players. or worst with alaska (see espiritu, bono).

he(lee) should stay in UE if he wants to be a star. UE badly needed a scorer and playmaker on that soon to become a 0-14 team this season.

Silent Killer
07-31-2011, 01:03 PM

tough choice. i'll go for lassiter.

killmebusy
08-01-2011, 03:42 AM
it's important to first know who is picking first. if it is air21 then it could be lassiter or lutz...if powerade or ginebra then it should be a big man.

Big Ticket
08-01-2011, 04:25 AM
he aint james yap where james yap is a starting SG for the upstart Purefoods team alongside with kerby.

james yap was not an automatic starter when he joined purefoods....he would sometimes come off the bench for noy castillo...they split minutes in the SG position...it was during his 2nd season when yap began to blossom earning him his 1st MVP award...

FilipinoDad
08-01-2011, 04:34 AM
The guy wants to be THE STAR of the team right away. Probably scared of the depth of this coming draft and will just be relegated to the bench. No patience for this kid!

Nah, he's just playing pa-star. He wants the PBA to know that he has other offers and that he's considering them.

acklium
08-01-2011, 05:21 AM
japeth is born in January of 1985:D

he played with the seniors nt at the age of 24

oh seung keun the guy who having career nos. in Korean NT against our National team made up of Kerby. Asi, Kelly et al. still plays in the Korean Collegiate league as of last season:cool:

thats why our college teams cannot brag they are the best in Asia because of this Korean Universities

hahaha thanks for correcting me dude..

thats the reason why develop less talent that the other countries..
oh seung keun is manhadling our bigs even though hes in college before..

acklium
08-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Nah, he's just playing pa-star. He wants the PBA to know that he has other offers and that he's considering them.

hes just trying to increase his stock but sadly
that might hurt him soon..
primadona eh :D:D:D

Cryotek
08-01-2011, 03:53 PM

If he'll want to go to a championship caliber team and play as their starting PG...Bmeg will be a great choice, this team badly needs an All-Star PG of the future!

Big Ticket
08-01-2011, 10:42 PM
eric salamat and pamboy raymundo joins the draft....jason ballesteros and allein maliksi to follow...

potz05
08-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Any links for those who already applied? All I have seen was the Gilas boys.

Cryotek
08-02-2011, 02:52 PM
eric salamat and pamboy raymundo joins the draft....jason ballesteros and allein maliksi to follow...

Good to know that Ballesteros will now try his luck in this rookie draft!
I'm hoping BGK will get him...:rolleyes:

Petronilo
08-02-2011, 04:40 PM

Maliksi seems like a good choice. Consistent high scorer for the Gems. Likewise , played for MLKP in the Liga and kept up the high shooting numbers eventhough they eventually lost to Misamis.

nardy
08-02-2011, 05:06 PM
If he'll want to go to a championship caliber team and play as their starting PG...Bmeg will be a great choice, this team badly needs an All-Star PG of the future!

if Casio and Barroca are no longer available, I would rather have Pamboy Raymundo or Eric Salamat as my rookie point guard instead of Paul Lee.

Lee would not fit at BMeg as he is more effective if he hogs the ball which would not displease James Yap, Peter June Simon and Kerby Raymundo very much.

Cryotek
08-02-2011, 05:12 PM
if Casio and Barroca are no longer available, I would rather have Pamboy Raymundo or Eric Salamat as my rookie point guard instead of Paul Lee.

Why? any negative feedback on Paul Lee!:confused:

nardy
08-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Why? any negative feedback on Paul Lee!:confused:

No I find Pamboy and Eric better suited in orchestrating the offense as they are pass-first guards but could still be deadly in offense both from the perimeter and near the basket, plus both had the ability to really make their team mates play better on court and look good. While Paul Lee would find a shot first before passing. But Paul is a player who could take over the game by his lonesome and by himself will the team to win.

durden_tyler
08-03-2011, 03:11 AM
No I find Pamboy and Eric better suited in orchestrating the offense as they are pass-first guards but could still be deadly in offense both from the perimeter and near the basket, plus both had the ability to really make their team mates play better on court and look good. While Paul Lee would find a shot first before passing. But Paul is a player who could take over the game by his lonesome and by himself will the team to win.

However, Lee's game is more fit for the pro style. Salamat is nice and Raymundo is well, not even a projected 1st rounder-- they could even be busts. Of course, it won't be a surprise as we see hordes of busts every single year. :D

sharky
08-03-2011, 03:57 AM

Agree. and i like their height too. i would just like for them to be more fit and faster. coz they both look heavy.

killmebusy
08-03-2011, 04:34 AM

paul lee is not a point guard anyway...he never played point during the uaap...he played some 3 when they went small though with martinez and reyes. pamboy over paul lee? LOL...that is extremely questionable...si salamat maiintindihan ko pa.

Big Ticket
08-03-2011, 04:42 AM
paul lee is not a point guard anyway...he never played point during the uaap...he played some 3 when they went small though with martinez and reyes. pamboy over paul lee? LOL...that is extremely questionable...si salamat maiintindihan ko pa.

people who did not join gilas have been badmouthed and ridiculed here ...people here don't wish them well....

killmebusy
08-03-2011, 04:47 AM
the gilas boys will surely comprise the first round with either only paul lee and reil cervantes barging in with them. the rest of the hopefuls will just have to wait for the 2nd round...if they get picked at all. i also don't know who that junmar fajardo is and why is he causing so much waves here in this forum.

the value pick in this draft will be dylan ababou...the guy is hardly playing for gilas (much to my dismay) but we all know he is one heck of a baller and his game suits the pba well.

killmebusy
08-03-2011, 05:00 AM
people who did not join gilas have been badmouthed and ridiculed here ...people here don't wish them well....

aha! i've encountered the wrath of the gilas fanboys/girls here. Thanks for the info...honestly i don't know much about gilas other from the current players and their amateur backgrounds...and i don't really care about them that much. i kinda like these topics more. one thing i'm sure of though is that paul lee is a heck of a player and he is way better than pamboy. if petron gets a hold of him the pba has got to watch out...a solid 2 is the only thing lacking in their roster.

makotosing
08-03-2011, 05:18 AM
i also don't know who that junmar fajardo is and why is he causing so much waves here in this forum.

he is from cebu.

nardy
08-03-2011, 05:27 AM
However, Lee's game is more fit for the pro style. Salamat is nice and Raymundo is well, not even a projected 1st rounder-- they could even be busts. Of course, it won't be a surprise as we see hordes of busts every single year. :D

I am not saying Salamat and Raymundo is better than Lee overall as a player but I am reacting to a comment saying Paul Lee being the starting Point Guard .... I just find it Eric and Pamboy better fitted as Point Guards than Paul.

Anyway lets see how they ultimately perform, I remember some people rediculed Ginebra before for picking Rob Labagala as 12th overall pick-up in the last draft but look at his performance compared to the much high profiled Point Guards of his Draft Class such as Shawn Weinstein (10th), RJ Jazul (15th), Borgie Hermida (17th) and Jai Reyes (18th).

acklium
08-03-2011, 05:39 AM
I am not saying Salamat and Raymundo is better than Lee overall as a player but I am reacting to a comment saying Paul Lee being the starting Point Guard .... I just find it Eric and Pamboy better fitted as Point Guards than Paul.

Anyway lets see how they ultimately perform, I remember some people rediculed Ginebra before for picking Rob Labagala as 12th overall pick-up in the last draft but look at his performance compared to the much high profiled Point Guards of his Draft Class such as Shawn Weinstein (10th), RJ Jazul (15th), Borgie Hermida (17th) and Jai Reyes (18th).

another example of underrated player is ronjay buenafe ;)

a_ron
08-03-2011, 07:09 AM
another example of underrated player is ronjay buenafe ;)

Agree,The reason why he is not from Ateneo, San Bida or La salle.

durden_tyler
08-03-2011, 08:36 AM

Point taken. Labagala was picked ahead of the "high profiled" players so Ginebra must have seen something in him.

weward
08-03-2011, 10:43 AM

i even wished that he be not included in Gilas. I dont want a player like him in our national team. my view..

Silent Killer
08-03-2011, 03:23 PM

shawn weinstein could been the best pg on this batch. bad thing, he did'nt get his playing time with meralco.

Silent Killer
08-03-2011, 03:25 PM

lucky for the team who gets ballesteros. a perfect role player.

nardy
08-03-2011, 05:58 PM
lucky for the team who gets ballesteros. a perfect role player.

Due to minimal playing time and the need to follow to the letter the role Coach Rajko what his role is, you guys have not seen how Jason blossomed into a more all-around player. He is a very much improved player from his NCAA MVP form days with San Sebastian .... The team who'll pick him would really get a steal he is also an awesomely hard worker, his work habits reminds me of Willy Wilson.

Silent Killer
08-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Due to minimal playing time and the need to follow to the letter the role Coach Rajko what his role is, you guys have not seen how Jason blossomed into a more all-around player. He is a very much improved player from his NCAA MVP form days with San Sebastian .... The team who'll pick him would really get a steal he is also an awesomely hard worker, his work habits reminds me of Willy Wilson.

Like... :)

durden_tyler
08-03-2011, 06:27 PM

If he can adjust to the pros then he'd be a real effective player. With his size, and experience with Gilas, surely he'd be a late 1st rounder-early 2nd rounder.

acklium
08-03-2011, 06:34 PM

1. very mobile for his size
2. has a good defense from the low post and perimeter
3. Good rebounding skills (better than e.vill)
4. has a decent inside game

seems to be very likely 4 or 5 in the pba.

paulezra
08-04-2011, 05:27 AM
just wanna comment on some points here. Salamat isnt a point guard. He is more of a tweener. Though he is leaning more towards the 2 spot. He doesnt have the skill to be a point. All left and doesnt have the mentality. He is in the mold of a Custodio minus the air game. Paul lee who is scorer should compete with salamat for the 2 spot.

Raymundo is a real point guard who has range, basketball I.Q and can play under pressure. What he lacks is physical presence . But if Jai Reyes can play in the Pba with his lack of size. Raymundo could be a 2 or 3rd guard.

And lastly, Jason ballesteros will have a long Pba career ahead of him. He is a good shot blocker, can run , flexible , good recovery and his understanding of the game has improved tremendously under Toros system. If i were a Pba team looking for a quality bigman..jason is the answer.

capitantiago
08-04-2011, 08:08 AM
just wanna comment on some points here. Salamat isnt a point guard. He is more of a tweener. Though he is leaning more towards the 2 spot. He doesnt have the skill to be a point. All left and doesnt have the mentality. He is in the mold of a Custodio minus the air game. Paul lee who is scorer should compete with salamat for the 2 spot.

Raymundo is a real point guard who has range, basketball I.Q and can play under pressure. What he lacks is physical presence . But if Jai Reyes can play in the Pba with his lack of size. Raymundo could be a 2 or 3rd guard.

And lastly, Jason ballesteros will have a long Pba career ahead of him. He is a good shot blocker, can run , flexible , good recovery and his understanding of the game has improved tremendously under Toros system. If i were a Pba team looking for a quality bigman..jason is the answer.

jai reyes plays in the pba because he is a reyes. hahaha

capitantiago
08-04-2011, 08:11 AM

sige, BMEG should draft him.
sampayan brigade, here they come. :D

acklium
08-04-2011, 09:28 AM

raffy reavis
rico M.
and jball? :D

kepweng
08-05-2011, 04:04 AM
jai reyes plays in the pba because he is a reyes. hahaha

Stupid post! Jai reyes plays in the Pba because he worked hard for it and it just so happened that Coke doesn't have a solid point guard in their team.

durden_tyler
08-05-2011, 04:31 AM
Stupid post! Jai reyes plays in the Pba because he worked hard for it and it just so happened that Coke doesn't have a solid point guard in their team.

Yeah, can't question his effort. (Even in college) he's not a total bust so to speak, but he's easily replaceable as well.

jrb0yd
08-05-2011, 04:51 AM

agreed! stupid post indeed. "pagpasensyahan mo na dude" :D well it's a given since most people here nowadays are just pure talk, nothing else... I used to play with Jai back in high school, boy that guy can shoot and he's indeed a hardworker. But in the Pba, it's pretty different though with his size and competition...but he's lucky he went to coca cola since that team doesn't have a good solid point guard. but in reality yeah i think once coke gets hold of a good point guard in the draft, there's a possibility that he'll be replaced...

kepweng
08-05-2011, 04:57 AM
agreed! stupid post indeed. "pagpasensyahan mo na dude" :D well it's a given since most people here nowadays are just pure talk, nothing else... I used to play with Jai back in high school, boy that guy can shoot and he's indeed a hardworker. But in the Pba, it's pretty different though with his size and competition...but he's lucky he went to coca cola since that team doesn't have a good solid point guard. but in reality yeah i think once coke gets hold of a good point guard in the draft, there's a possibility that he'll be replaced...

Lol :D It's ok bro sanay narin ako dyan though I'm not a regular here... Yeah I remember in Juniors he was deadly from the outside. Who wouldn't forget his back to back 3 points in the Finals. In College, he also did his share..And since we're talking of Pba, yeah I agree he's also replaceable, given his size and competition. I read Coke will have two of three first round picks and Coach Perasol is very much interested in getting Casio. Coke should get Ballesteros and then Casio(if he's still available)

durden_tyler
08-05-2011, 06:15 AM

Exactly ;)

Jai is a serviceable point guard. None more, none less.

capitantiago
08-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Exactly ;)

hahaha patawa pala kayo eh.

trans: you're so cute! hahaha

remember that they had chris ross. and there was that genius who traded him to an old combo guard paolo mendoza whom they are not using.

and yes, Ross was traded to SLR on draft day, that same draft where reyes was a part of.

FYI, PGs are dime a dozen in the PBA.

sabagay, that team is clueless. they reactivated will antonio.
oh, they should also get wainwright and arigo, their former players. haha

yeah, stupid post! hahahaha

killmebusy
08-05-2011, 10:57 AM
that is not a stupid post...he is in the pba because he is a reyes is true...but the bigger factor is that coz he studied in arrheneow. surely there are a handful other guys who are better than him but coz he has strong backers jai is in the pba.

Cryotek
08-05-2011, 04:16 PM

Bmeg don't have their 1st round pick for 2011!:rolleyes:

FilipinoDad
08-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Exactly ;)

But there are a lot of better point guards out there than Jai. Hermida comes to mind.

acklium
08-06-2011, 03:42 AM
But there are a lot of better point guards out there than Jai. Hermida comes to mind.

but he has a better 3 than hermida..
in basketball when you dont have a range and almost all of the players does have a same height as you have.
you will be eaten alive.

capitantiago
08-06-2011, 08:23 AM
but he has a better 3 than hermida..
in basketball when you dont have a range and almost all of the players does have a same height as you have.
you will be eaten alive.

not always.
ust/uaap legendary shooter henry ong wasn't even the given to play in the pba.
anyway, a better PG is a free agent and he's named as pong escobal.

FilipinoDad
08-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I agree about Escobal. Even while he's with TnT, he contributes when called upon.

jcbernardo
08-06-2011, 09:32 PM
from JB Baylon's post on the Powerade Tigers fan page.

I am told that some teams (wont name names) that have influence over some players (wont name names) will try to influence these players NOT to join this year's draft unless they can obtain the first pick from Powerade or Air21....Talagang ganyan.

gaLj
08-06-2011, 09:58 PM
^
MVP and SMC group :rolleyes:

KevinDurant
08-07-2011, 01:51 AM
With the Gilas program continuation, I am sure there are players who'll remain with the team and won't join the Draft. This would somehow give other non -Gilas players more chances of being drafted.

reamily
08-07-2011, 02:24 AM
Poor JB I think what can you do the higher ups are influencing the players before hand even some using the name "Pilipinas" as a tool:(:D:D:D

yogaflame
08-09-2011, 03:15 PM
such a pity that Lassiter will just go into a worthless and crap team like Powerade

capitantiago
08-09-2011, 03:30 PM
such a pity that Lassiter will just go into a worthless and crap team like Powerade

what if charles tiu becomes the Powerade head coach? :D

Silent Killer
08-09-2011, 03:43 PM

he might still change his mind since gilas has up its salary to 250k per month

heroescantdie
08-09-2011, 07:33 PM

I personally think maliksi will be drafted in the 1st round, maybe 10th pick. He has all the tools needed to play the 2 and 3,size,athleticism, and scoring prowess. Im high on him, i think he can be this years diamond in the rough.i think he's 25 maybe 26 yo, He reminds me of a young gary david who was with montana, im not sure what team that was.. He has upside, with all the physical tools he has, scoring prowess,great mid range game,underrated slashing game. I think he has a chance to be the next gary david if the all the right pieces fall into place. Well that's only my opinion,
who do you guys think would be this year's diamond in the rough?

potz05
08-10-2011, 01:39 AM
I personally think maliksi will be drafted in the 1st round, maybe 10th pick. He has all the tools needed to play the 2 and 3,size,athleticism, and scoring prowess. Im high on him, i think he can be this years diamond in the rough.i think he's 25 maybe 26 yo, He reminds me of a young gary david who was with montana, im not sure what team that was.. He has upside, with all the physical tools he has, scoring prowess,great mid range game,underrated slashing game. I think he has a chance to be the next gary david if the all the right pieces fall into place. Well that's only my opinion,

But Maliksi needs to up his stamina though? that finals game in D-League in which in game one he was in and out of the playing court because of cramps..

In your last question.. Go for Lutz.. Good shooting stroke and a decent defender... but it really depends on what team will draft him and who's the coach..

durden_tyler
08-10-2011, 02:20 AM

True. But maybe there's a star in him and maybe he'll prove that he can be more than a role player (which is what he is with Gilas) so career-wise it could be a good thing.

Then again, i expect him to pull out of the draft. Further discussions on the draft prospect should be nipped for the moment as we don't know who's in or who's out :)

killmebusy
08-10-2011, 05:45 AM
True. But maybe there's a star in him and maybe he'll prove that he can be more than a role player (which is what he is with Gilas) so career-wise it could be a good thing.

Then again, i expect him to pull out of the draft. Further discussions on the draft prospect should be nipped for the moment as we don't know who's in or who's out :)

nah, if ever lassiter goes to powerade he'll get traded to one of the san miguel or mvp clubs in a couple years or conferences anyway. that's how it goes in the pba...powerade, air 21 and red bull are the farm systems of the upper echelon.

durden_tyler
08-10-2011, 06:19 AM
nah, if ever lassiter goes to powerade he'll get traded to one of the san miguel or mvp clubs in a couple years or conferences anyway. that's how it goes in the pba...powerade, air 21 and red bull are the farm systems of the upper echelon.

Maybe.

If you're right, he's more than welcome at Petron :)

thecoolcat
08-10-2011, 06:26 AM
Maybe.

If you're right, he's more than welcome at Petron :) Agree. Lassiter is a welcome addition to the Petron team. After trading Hontiveros, the 2 guard position of Petron is questionable. Yeo is a disappointment and Duncil is a bit grounded but a good defensive player. Lassiter, Petron wants you to be on the team. :D

Lebron23
08-10-2011, 06:39 AM

I think Maliksi is turning 23 yrs.old this year. Alaska might draft him in the 2nd round because he played under Coach Luigi Trillo in the PBA D-League.

jrb0yd
08-10-2011, 07:33 AM
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/c8et8m

from snow badua

OFFICIAL: ORDER OF THE 2011 DRAFT FIRST ROUND

1.) POWERADE TIGERS
2.) RAIN OR SHINE (AIR 21 EXPRESS)
3.) AIR 21 (MERALCO)
4.) POWERADE (ROS)
5.) BARAKO (BMEG)
6.) ALASKA
7.) PETRON*
8.) GINEBRA*
9.) TNT (FROM BARAKO
10.) AIR 21( FROM TNT)

*DEPENDING ON HOW PETRON WILL FINISH. IF PETRON WINS TITLE THEY'RE 8, IF THEY FINISH SECOND TO TNT THEY'LL BE 7TH TO PICK

heroescantdie
08-10-2011, 05:58 PM
@ lebron23 i think it adds up to maliksi's upside if he's 23yo, i thought he and ababou are about the same age. I don't want him to be drafted by alaska, imo alaska doesn't utilize it's young players, maybe air 21, meralco, petron or redbull, he could blossom. I think he's 6'4 or 6'3.. He could be good

@ potz
lol, maybe that's why maliksi always wear high socks to add heat to his calf muscles,even with cebu in smc liga, he suffers from cramps.
I'll go with lassiter over lutz cause i think lassiter was more of a complete player than lutz imo.

Will junmar be joining this years draft? Abueva?and hodge?

nardy
08-10-2011, 07:19 PM
More Gilas members in draft

August 10, 2011, 4:48pm

MANILA, Philippines — Three stalwarts of Smart-Gilas Pilipinas and two

amateur standouts were the latest personalities who made themselves available for the coming PBA Annual Draft at the Robinsons Place Manila.

The names of Andy Mark Barroca, Mac Baracael, and Jason Ballesteros had been included in the list of 20 names so far comprising the selection for the Aug. 28 event – the first official activity of the league for the 2011-12 season.

Barroca and Baracael, former teammates with Far Eastern University, and Ballesteros are currently in New Taipei City as part of the Smart Gilas squad seeing action in the William Jones Cup basketball tournament.

Also adding luster to the Draft are Eric Salamat, a key player in Ateneo’s three straight UAAP championships, and former University of the East star James Martinez.

Prospective rookie applicants – both homegrown and foreign-bred players – have until Aug 18 to submit their respective application and other requirements.

Powerade owns the privilege of selecting first in the Draft after winning the lottery over Air21 and Meralco last Sunday.

Two other members of the national team bound for Wuhan, China next month for the FIBA-Asia Olympic qualifier for the 2012 London Games already submitted their applications earlier, namely, Marcio Lassiter and Chris Lutz.

For this year, only Fil-foreign players who donned the national colors and are over the PBA D-League age limit of 26 years old are allowed to join the Draft.

Application and papers of all applicants will still be scrutinized before the Commissioner’s Office comes out with the final list of candidates eligible to attend the Rookie Camp set August 23 to 26.

Other fresh applicants include San Sebastian teammates Gilbert Bulawan and John Raymundo, the University of the Visayas pair of Mark Ababon and Ariel Mepana, and Santo Tomas’ Allein Maliksi.

Completing the Draft list are Nino Nabong, Christopher Pestano, Raymond Montaniel, Marc Cagoco, Alvyn Cabonce, Christopher Concepcion, Felimon Fernandez and Marvin Graebel.

After Powerade, Rain or Shine owns the no. 2 pick, followed by Air21, Powerade, and Shopinas – the former Barako Bull franchise now owned by the Lina Group of Companies.

potz05
08-11-2011, 01:46 AM
@ potz
lol, maybe that's why maliksi always wear high socks to add heat to his calf muscles,even with cebu in smc liga, he suffers from cramps.

Woah! Really? I don't watch much of SMC liga.. weird dude though I like his potential..

Big Ticket
08-11-2011, 02:51 AM
[QUOTE=heroescantdie;613903@ potz
[/QUOTE]

la tenorio often get cramps during his ateneo days, i don't see him getting cramps in alaska...

ariel_muhlach
08-11-2011, 02:58 AM
la tenorio often get cramps during his ateneo days, i don't see him getting cramps in alaska...

O-F8Nz3Z-dc

saints13
08-11-2011, 04:02 AM
re: the mock draft. who's going to get who? any idea?

I remember Magoo said that Jason Ballesteros would be a first round pick (high)
from the looks of it, he might land as #2, I am assuming he'll be acquired by Rain or Shine. (just my wild guess)

potz05
08-11-2011, 06:12 AM
A weird feeling that either Lassiter or Lutz goign to RoS.. What a waste.:(

gaLj
08-11-2011, 06:30 AM

they're abandoning the ship before it sinks :D

saints13
08-11-2011, 06:32 AM

to be traded later on :D

potz05
08-11-2011, 06:33 AM

Not just that.. they'll just going to play 20-25mins per outing in that team.. It's better to go to a team who needs them not a team that'll just waste them.. And being kinda bias I don't want them to be coached by YG.

ariel_muhlach
08-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Not just that.. they'll just going to play 20-25mins per outing in that team.. It's better to go to a team who needs them not a team that'll just waste them.. And being kinda bias I don't want them to be coached by YG.

So they would be great under Bo Perasol :p

donno
08-11-2011, 08:00 AM
in my opinion, Barroca, Ballesteros and Ababou will go on with their draft applications with Lassiter going to have second thoughts.

Casio, Baracael, Lutz and Tiu will remain with Gilas. Japeth may play in the PBA next season for TNT just for him to toughen up his game.

well, i hope that Ballesteros is still available when BGK already is on the clock to pick. the team really needs a young big guy to replace the aging Menk.

durden_tyler
08-11-2011, 09:18 AM
in my opinion, Barroca, Ballesteros and Ababou will go on with their draft applications with Lassiter going to have second thoughts.

Casio, Baracael, Lutz and Tiu will remain with Gilas. Japeth may play in the PBA next season for TNT just for him to toughen up his game.

well, i hope that Ballesteros is still available when BGK already is on the clock to pick. the team really needs a young big guy to replace the aging Menk.

Pretty much the same prediction except i think both Lutz and Lassiter are returning to Gilas now (IF 250K offer is true)

nardy
08-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Pretty much the same prediction except i think both Lutz and Lassiter are returning to Gilas now (IF 250K offer is true)

I wonder how Commissioner Chito Salud and the PBA Board would act on the request by Player Agents to give exception to the GILAS players with regards to the Minimum PBA Rookie Salary requirement and instead allow the PBA teams to match the current salaries they are receiving from SMART.

Problem is that SMART is willing to give a number of the GILAS players an offer bigger than their current pact.

We could either have a GILAS Draft this year or have the shallowest draft in history.

potz05
08-11-2011, 11:40 AM
So they would be great under Bo Perasol :p

Hmmm not quite... ahahahah I still have a hidden agenda on this.. (7th or 8th pick for Petron) bwahahahahaha:cool:

neo
08-11-2011, 11:45 AM
I wonder how Commissioner Chito Salud and the PBA Board would act on the request by Player Agents to give exception to the GILAS players with regards to the Minimum PBA Rookie Salary requirement and instead allow the PBA teams to match the current salaries they are receiving from SMART.

Problem is that SMART is willing to give a number of the GILAS players an offer bigger than their current pact.

We could either have a GILAS Draft this year or have the shallowest draft in history.

i do not think so. even without the gilas players or just a few gilas players joining the draft, i do not think it would be the shallowest. for one, i expect it to be deeper than the 2000 draft where paolo mendoza emerged as the no.1 pick.

KevinDurant
08-11-2011, 12:08 PM
they're abandoning the ship before it sinks

the ship offers 250K a month and is extended 2 years..sinking?

nardy
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
i do not think so. even without the gilas players or just a few gilas players joining the draft, i do not think it would be the shallowest. for one, i expect it to be deeper than the 2000 draft where paolo mendoza emerged as the no.1 pick.

so far we had less than 20 applicants ..... if ever the GILAS players withdraw
who would you pick after Lee, Salamat, Martinez and Maliksi. Pamboy Raymundo is said to be withdrawing also. Wow! that would mean Bulawan will be a first rounder. :eek: He'll fit well as Belga's partner at Rain or Shine.

KevinDurant
08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
I think Ballesteros, Ababou and Barocca will go through. Hoping the rest of the core re-signs.

donno
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
who would you pick after Lee, Salamat, Martinez and Maliksi. Pamboy Raymundo is said to be withdrawing also. Wow! that would mean Bulawan will be a first rounder. :eek: He'll fit well as Belga's partner at Rain or Shine.

that will be the case unless they will foreago their earlier ruling for those Fil-Ams who want to apply.

ariel_muhlach
08-11-2011, 12:54 PM
that will be the case unless they will foreago their earlier ruling for those Fil-Ams who want to apply.

a number of those fil-ams were pissed-off about that 2 conference requirement for fil-ams on top of the documents they had to get from the Department of Justice and the Bureau of Immigration. For a piece of paper those government people are making a killing as their asking price is in between 60 to 150 thousand if you want said documents fast-tracked. Some of those Fil-ams just decided to go back from where they came from because instead of them earning a living here, some people here are milking money from them.

slinger
08-11-2011, 01:34 PM

why do you think so?

neo
08-11-2011, 02:27 PM

uuumm...is that denise milani in ur avatar? :D

jesronne
08-11-2011, 02:51 PM
does the 2 years extension of gilas program also means extension for ababou, ballesteros and barroca? i hope that baracael will also apply so that ramos will be our main PF in the next 2 years...

reamily
08-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Sir nardy I came here to pot but when I saw your profile...

I seem lost:eek:

Big Ticket
08-12-2011, 12:31 AM

based on history, players do usually apply near or on the deadline itself....

durden_tyler
08-12-2011, 01:04 AM
a number of those fil-ams were pissed-off about that 2 conference requirement for fil-ams on top of the documents they had to get from the Department of Justice and the Bureau of Immigration. For a piece of paper those government people are making a killing as their asking price is in between 60 to 150 thousand if you want said documents fast-tracked. Some of those Fil-ams just decided to go back from where they came from because instead of them earning a living here, some people here are milking money from them.

But eventually, they'll apply anyway. Bump in the road, so to speak.

potz05
08-12-2011, 01:37 AM
why do you think so?

Just like what I said..

I still have a hidden agenda on this.. (7th or 8th pick for Petron) bwahahahahaha:cool:

Plus the fact that I don't want YG

Silent Killer
08-12-2011, 05:37 AM
if baracael pushes his application to pba draft, he wont get his playing time for any team that will draft him. See:Harbour centre in PBL. only with gilas he gets playing time either off the bench or starting.

potz05
08-12-2011, 06:21 AM
How about that "Jeffries" guy.. I think I saw him in the D-League as well as in SMC-Liga.. Thought he wasn't eligible last draft. Is he going to push through this year?

Petronilo
08-12-2011, 03:56 PM

Cervantes

nardy
08-12-2011, 05:37 PM
How about that "Jeffries" guy.. I think I saw him in the D-League as well as in SMC-Liga.. Thought he wasn't eligible last draft. Is he going to push through this year?

like all Fil-for not named Lassiter or Lutz, Jeffries was declared ineligible for the Aug 28 draft by the PBA as all fil-for that are not over 26 years of age should play 2 D-league conferences .... problem the 2nd conference is still to start on October.

BILOG-BOLA
08-13-2011, 02:28 AM
if baracael pushes his application to pba draft, he wont get his playing time for any team that will draft him. See:Harbour centre in PBL. only with gilas he gets playing time either off the bench or starting.

This Baracael guy has no future in PBA. He do not havE talent that suit PBA.
He is consistently inconsitent for 3 years with GILAS...:eek:

Big Ticket
08-13-2011, 03:50 AM

with the way he played in the D-league last conference, he won't get drafted....he still has another D-league conference to redeem himself...

makotosing
08-13-2011, 05:05 AM
ariel mepana

ariel_muhlach
08-16-2011, 07:36 AM
can anyone confirm the news that only 4 SMART GILAS players are pushing ahead in joining the PBA Rookie Draft as majority had a change of heart.

And one of those leaving Gilas is Rajko Toroman favorite Mac Baracael.

.... does this also mean Toroman is on the way out.

It is said the players who'll push thru also like to back-out but their agents would not like them to do so.

donno
08-16-2011, 07:52 AM
can anyone confirm the news that only 4 SMART GILAS players are pushing ahead in joining the PBA Rookie Draft as majority had a change of heart.

It is said the players who'll push thru also like to back-out but their agents would not like them to do so.

we shall know this Thursday if they will still stay on Gilas for two more years or jump to the PBA to play pro basketball. that day is the deadline for local applicants for the next PBA Draft.

killmebusy
08-16-2011, 08:06 AM

would you really call them going back to gilas coz of the jacked up pay having a change of "heart"? anyway who are the 4 players that are joining the draft so far? i'm pretty sure dylan and ballesteros will be pursuing as their games are better suited for the pba. are the other 2 barocca and baracael?

durden_tyler
08-16-2011, 08:09 AM

i assume the said players don't have their own balls? Can't cop out? Come on now, these are mature individuals we are talking about, whatever influence the "agents" have over these players it's ultimately the players' decision. ;)

ariel_muhlach
08-16-2011, 08:16 AM
i assume the said players don't have their own balls? Can't cop out? Come on now, these are mature individuals we are talking about, whatever influence the "agents" have over these players it's ultimately the players' decision. ;)

just like menor and maierhoffer, its about money they owe to the agents plus the gifts they gotten.

its just sad that young players today are easily tempted by expensive luxury items and they dont know they are burying themselves alive until its too late and their right to decide is no longer theirs.

durden_tyler
08-16-2011, 08:21 AM
just like menor and maierhoffer, its about money they owe to the agents plus the gifts they gotten.

its just sad that young players today are easily tempted by expensive luxury items and they dont know they are burying themselves alive until its too late and their right to decide is no longer theirs.

That or that it could be too late to apply for the draft and pooof! there goes their future (unless you're Chris Tiu of course.)

killmebusy
08-16-2011, 08:43 AM

crap! why aren't the ncaa/uaap acting on this?? this should be illegal...at least it is in the US...college athletes are banned from accepting anything of value from agents, endorsements, alumni, boosters or the schools themselves that are not part of their scholarship package. maierhofer and menor should be penalized for accepting such things.

durden_tyler
08-16-2011, 08:44 AM
crap! why aren't the ncaa/uaap acting on this?? this should be illegal...at least it is in the US...college athletes are banned from accepting anything of value from agents, endorsements, alumni, boosters or the schools themselves that are not part of their scholarship package. maierhofer and menor should be penalized for accepting such things.

One word: culture.

Not only it happens to possible draft prospects but lately, to rookies :D

killmebusy
08-16-2011, 09:01 AM
One word: culture.

Not only it happens to possible draft prospects but lately, to rookies :D

no kidding..it even extends to the high school level...grabe, that should stop.

The_Big_Cat
08-16-2011, 10:30 AM

Like Ababou, Cawaling and Ballesteros, Baracael knows his limitations with the team. He knows he will be the odd man when Kelly and Ranidel joins the team.

I also think it is a wise move for him. He and Ballesteros are around 26/27 years old, I think. So its time for them to fulfill his dreams of joining the PBA.

hijackthis
08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
I think any of these players Lutz, Lassiter, and baracael. will be picked 1,2,3

ariel_muhlach
08-16-2011, 04:16 PM

its because we are in the Philippines where you find people who should lead like Politicians, Police, Military, Educators and even Religious Leaders are corrupt.

They are not only corrupt but without conscience ..... huling-huli na nga, deny pa rin.

ariel_muhlach
08-16-2011, 04:24 PM
no kidding..it even extends to the high school level...grabe, that should stop.

actually it reached upto the the kids playing at MILO BEST .... Its the dark side of commercialization.

I remember just recently there was this phenom from the south who was still then in high school and was already receiving an allowance and some other things from a prestigious university just to make sure he enrolls and plays for said school but karma hit the school as the kid and family were to too ambitious and really greedy as they wanted also assured playing time and when it could not be given, the boy left and ultimately went to the university's fiercest rival.

makotosing
08-16-2011, 04:33 PM
actually it reached upto the the kids playing at MILO BEST .... Its the dark side of commercialization.

I remember just recently there was this phenom from the south who was still then in high school and was already receiving an allowance and some other things from a prestigious university just to make sure he enrolls and plays for said school but karma hit the school as the kid and family were to too ambitious and really greedy as they wanted also assured playing time and when it could not be given, the boy left and ultimately went to the university's fiercest rival.

his father is my former coach..:)

ricodgame
08-16-2011, 04:49 PM

Look what happpened to Menor now.

ariel_muhlach
08-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Look what happpened to Menor now.

from what I heard he had regrets but only thing he can say is "ganoon talaga pero naipit na talaga ako".

Cryotek
08-16-2011, 05:29 PM

Good decision for Maierhoffer, he entered that shallow rookie draft in a high note(played for Gilas), that's why he was eventually picked after Aguilar, and became the ROY...
While, if he'll just join this year's rookie draft now, I doubt if he'll be selected in the top 3!

killmebusy
08-17-2011, 02:24 AM

so it is true that he is now green? i think he made a wrong decision, he will be the starting pg next year...while he went to a team which is too guard-heavy.

thecoolcat
08-17-2011, 02:46 AM
so it is true that he is now green? i think he made a wrong decision, he will be the starting pg next year...while he went to a team which is too guard-heavy. Are you talking about Mark Jevens Tallo? Is he with La Salle now?

durden_tyler
08-17-2011, 02:57 AM
Good decision for Maierhoffer, he entered that shallow rookie draft in a high note(played for Gilas), that's why he was eventually picked after Aguilar, and became the ROY...
While, if he'll just join this year's rookie draft now, I doubt if he'll be selected in the top 3!

Right. So yeah, for every Menor (where else would he go anyway? He's an undersized scrub unless proven otherwise) there'll be a Maierhoffer (pretty serviceable player now, if he matures he'll be a key cog for any team for years to come)

hijackthis
08-17-2011, 03:24 AM
Any Updates on this years draft Applicants?

Silent Killer
08-17-2011, 03:43 AM

selfish agents.. :mad:

durden_tyler
08-17-2011, 04:30 AM
selfish agents.. :mad:

As mentioned, players ULTIMATELY make the decision. It's tomfoolery to think that they won't-- unless of course, some are weaklings, sissies (meaning: walang bayag) that they can't even control their own decisions (and agents) :)

Accountability people accountability.

killmebusy
08-17-2011, 06:04 AM
Are you talking about Mark Jevens Tallo? Is he with La Salle now?

well, i didn't want to name him coz the other guy didn't drop his name as well but yeah...not sure where he is now though, thought he went back to cebu.

hijackthis
08-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Stalwarts from the SMART-Gilas Pilipinas national team as well as amateur hotshots who starred in the PBA Developmental League lead the cast of hopefuls in the 2011 PBA Rookie Draft scheduled on August 28.

Philippine team point guards Jayvee Casio and Mark Barroca and swingmen Chris Lutz and Marcio Lassiter have turned in their applications for the annual event. Also joining the draft are sweet-shooting forward Mac Baracael, 2009 UAAP Most Valuable Player Dylan Ababou, and backup center Jason Ballesteros. Of the active SMART-Gilas players who were eligible, only team captain Chris Tiu did not join the draft.

There are rumors, however, that SMART-Gilas management is putting together an offer for some of the players to stay with the program. Draft applicants have until August 26 to withdraw their names from the pool.

Former Philippine Basketball League Most Valuable Player Paul Lee, meanwhile, leads the list of players coming out of the country’s commercial and collegiate leagues. Lee, one of the most electric players in the amateurs, will be joined by former University of the East teammate Ken Acibar, one of the most promising front court men outside the PBA.

Also in the draft mix are versatile FEU big man Reil Cervantes, Ateneo steals specialist Eric Salamat, and D-League Foundation Cup MVP Allein Maliksi.

List of applicants:

1. Mark Ababon
2. Dylan Ababou
3. Ken Acibar
4. Marc Agustin
5. Martin Antonio
6. Jason Ballesteros
7. Mac Baracael
8. Mark Barroca
9. Gilbert Bulawan
10. Alvyn Cabonce
11. Marc Cagoco
12. Jayvee Casio
13. Reil Cervantes
14. John Chamberlin
15. Christopher Concepcion
16. Felimon Fernandez
17. Marvin Graebel
18. Brian Ilad
19. Gerald Lapus
20. Marcio Lassiter
21. Paul Lee
22. Chris Lutz
23. Julio Magbanua
24. Allein Maliksi
25. James Martinez
26. Philip Medenilla
27. Ariel Mepana
28. Raymond Montaniel
29. Nino Nabong
30. Julius Pasculado
31. Christopher Pestano
32. John Raymundo
33. Ezer Rosopa
34. Eric Salamat
35. Magi Sison
36. Paul Sorongon

GoYankees
08-18-2011, 03:52 PM

While those US NCAA member schools are getting rich with money from the sponsors, video game companies, sales of jerseys.

Why should those 2 be penalized for something that has not been declared as illegal by the NCAA/UAAP? There's no rule saying that these are illegal.

GoYankees
08-18-2011, 04:01 PM
"Lee, one of the most electric players in the amateurs, ...."

wow Paul Lee runs on batteries huh.:)

hijackthis
08-18-2011, 04:07 PM
im surprised Jayvee casio declared, after all he is the starting pg of gilas

potz05
08-18-2011, 11:10 PM
So any mock draft from anyone? Assume the four Gilas players namely; Lutz, Lassiter and Casio will pull-out who'll be your top 10 picks. And another one if ever they won't pull-out.

potz05
08-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Mock Draft (with top 3 notable Gilas Players; Casio, Lassiter and Lutz)
*This is my opinion regarding the upcoming draft. Hope I made some curious minds rolling.* :D

1. Powerade - JV Casio - it was pretty evident that with Chris Tiu out of the draft this team needs some stability in back court. Players like Celino Cruz and Chico Lanete won't do it. Casio has shown that he can blend well within a system plus the fact that he doesn't need to score much in this team, just ask Gary David and Marc Macapagal.

2. Rain or Shine - Marcio Lassiter - getting the best available talent in the draft pool isn't so bad at all. Marcio will be a good compliment with Gabe Norwood and Ranjay Buenafe if ever they'll play together though the unpredictability of Coach Yeng Guiao might be the tiny bit of a problem as he may log fewer minutes than he wants too.

3. Air21 - Chris Lutz - still get the best available talent. Lutz game can compliment Willie Miller's game and with DH's contract not yet transacted it's safe to draft Chris Lutz in which just like Hontiveros plays both offense and defense well.

4. Powerade - Allein Maliksi - Why not Paul Lee? Well in my opinion, they are stacked with scorers and putting up another ball hog and a guard at that (with Casio, Lanete, Cruz, Reyes, Macapagal and David) will just make this team a Ginebra look-a-like. I think it's time to address the need this time around and that is what makes Maliksi valuable (I even prefer him than Baracael). He can play 3 and 4 spot as well as 2 if ever. Bank the MVP of the D-League in his resume.

5. Shopinas - Paul Lee - There you go, in a rebuilding team like Shopinas they need a go to guy and I think that fits Paul Lee's bill. Not much to say because we all know he can be the face of this franchise.

6. Alaska - Mac Baracael - I'm really kind of skeptic on this one as to which problem should be addressed for coach Tim Cone's team, that spotty back-up PG for Tenorio or that shallow 2 and 3 spot. But having a Baracael at 2 or 3 is a total upgrade for the Aces filling in the place of Wesley Gonzales. Baracael has proven that he can blend well within a system, let's just hope that if ever he was picked by Alaska he wouldn't warm up the benches.

7. Petron/Ginebra - Dylan Ababou - Jason Ballesteros - Dylan Ababou on Petron and Jason Ballesteros on Ginebra. Addressing the needs of the team Ababou and Ballesteros will fill the void of what is needed. Petron needs to have an SG that can shoot the lights out again just like when Hontiveros was with the team and that's why Ababou will fit well (Sorry Pamboy). While Ballesteros -I think- is the most coveted big man in the draft. Ginebra really needs to have a big man as Eric Menk is really aging and even though there are rumors of another Rudy Hatfield comeback a Ballesteros-Ginebra draft is the wises move of all.

8. Petron/Ginebra - Dylan Ababou - Jason Ballesteros - Dylan Ababou on Petron and Jason Ballesteros on Ginebra. Addressing the needs of the team Ababou and Ballesteros will fill the void of what is needed. Petron needs to have an SG that can shoot the lights out again just like when Hontiveros was with the team and that's why Ababou will fit well (Sorry Pamboy). While Ballesteros -I think- is the most coveted big man in the draft. Ginebra really needs to have a big man as Eric Menk is really aging and even though there are rumors of another Rudy Hatfield comeback a Ballesteros-Ginebra draft is the wises move of all.

9. Talk n Text - Riel Cervantes - I'm also a bit skeptic on this one as to whether they'll try to get Mark Barroca (for loyalty purposes) or Magi Sison (they really need some height) but I still go with Reil Cervantes as he is a Ranidel de Ocampo prototype though not known to be a shooter outside but a bruiser inside. He will be a pretty good compliment to every big men in TnT's roster and give Gilbert Lao a run for his money.

10. Air21 - Mark Barroca - with Urbistondo's free agency they now need a point guard. He can either score or facilitate. It's better late than never for Barroca as he can do a good job playing alongside Lutz (if ever he'll stay in the draft) and Willie Miller.

11-20
-Eric Salamat
-Pamboy Raymundo
-Magi Sison
-Gilbert Bulawan
-Ariel Mepana
-James Martinez
*though I think there will be teams that will forfeit their draft pick.

Mock Draft (w/o the 3 notable Gilas)

1. Powerade - Paul Lee - Get the best player in the draft?. :rolleyes:

2. Rain or Shine - Mac Baracael - He will be able to give Yeng Guiao a formidable SF who can shoot (Sorry Gabe) so that Norwood can either play PG if a Norwood-Buenafe-Baracael tandem is on the floor or SG if a Tang-Norwoord Baracaelis in. Nevertheless, Baracael is a versatile player like Norwood.

3. Air21 - Allein Maliksi - The need for a scoring 3 for the Air21 franchise is inevitable as for the exit of Hontiveros (if ever), if not he can slide and play the 4 spot if needed.

4. Powerade - Mark Barroca - They need a PG that can deliver the goods and he will be a shoo in for that if Casio will pull out. I just hope he can pacify his three scorers (Paul Lee, Mark Macapagal and Gary David) :D or else it's going to be all one-on-one plays.

5. Shopinas - Dylan Ababou - He will be able to rekindle his go-to-guy days in UST as this rebuilding team can make him the face of the franchise.

6. Alaska - Eric Salamat - It was said a long time ago that Coach Tim Cone likes how Eric Salamat plays. Though I hope that he could well adjust himself playing the triangle and form a formidable trio with Tenorio and Baguio.

7. Petron/Ginebra - Pamboy Raymundo (Petron) Jason Ballesteros (Ginebra) - Pamboy Raymundo knows and excels in Coach Ato's system and with some tinkering in Petron's line-up either they'll get the SG they needed via trade or via Free agency (welcome back DH?) :eek: As for Ballesteros? Hahaha you know already.

8. Petron/Ginebra - Pamboy Raymundo (Petron) Jason Ballesteros (Ginebra) - Pamboy Raymundo knows and excels in Coach Ato's system and with some tinkering in Petron's line-up either they'll get the SG they needed via trade or via Free agency (welcome back DH?). As for Ballesteros? Hahaha you know already.

9. Talk n Text - Reil Cervantes - Either trade this draft pick for future draft pick or get Reil Cervantes and play for the future as Ali Peek is over his peak. :cool:

10. Air21 - Magi Sison - Need a big man who can score and defend. Though there's still some learning to do Magi Sison will be a big help in the big man problems of Air21 and with Allein Maliksi they can form the future of this franchise or the future tradeable duo. :D

capitantiago
08-19-2011, 03:46 AM

with Powerade having the first pick, they should get Casio
http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/no-turning-back-on-pba-draft-for-probable-top-pick-casio. That way, they can rid of Jai! :D
Oh, wait, he worked so hard that he belongs in the PBA. hahahahaha
So hard that he bumped off Chris Ross. lol
Seriously, they should get Casio. Then if Ballesteros is still available, they should get him.
Oh, wait again, there's another hardworking Reyes in the team.

durden_tyler
08-19-2011, 03:57 AM
But if you're Powerade (and Rain or Shine and Air 21) wouldn't the whole uncertainty of the Gilas group give you a bit of worry?

i can only imagine Powerade's Draft Guide:

Plan A - Casio
Plan B - Lassiter
Plan C - Lutz
Plan D - Lee

Or something like that.

killmebusy
08-19-2011, 04:03 AM
Mock draft v1.0

1. Powerade - Marcio Lassiter - young, versatile, athletic...what's not to like? he would also give powerade a much needed scoring lift as they rely too much on gary david. they get the solid 3 their roster lacks.

2. Rain or Shine - mark barocca - the team's primary need is point, i'm thinking barocca will be picked ahead of casio coz his skills translate better in the pba than jv coz he is more all around and quicker.

3. Air21 - cris lutz - with so many needs they can afford to pick the best talent available...lutz-dondon at the wings is a very formidable duo.

4. Powerade - jv casio - the celino/jai/chico committee falls short in a number of ways...plus they still have a 2nd round pick to shore up that frontcourt.

5. Shopinas - paul lee - they get the best amateur player to build around...lee can be the face of this franchise for years.

6. Alaska - dylan ababou - the 2009 uaap mvp gets an instant crack at the starting lineup as he is surely an upgrade from wesley gonzales. big, strong and smart...tim cone will be delighted.

7. Ginebra - jason ballesteros - no argument there...

8. Petron - mac baracael - the last of the gilas boys...he will be playing alongside fellow feu alums arwind and denok, he gives them the versatility as he can play 2-4.

9. Talk n Text - eric salamat - tnt is a rare case coz they need guards more than bigs or wings...and with salamat being an ateneo grad, mvp and chot reyes stick to their roots and pick the defensive minded guard to bolster their back court.

10. Air21 - reil cervantes - with the gilas boys gone, and assuming everyone they had last year stays under contract, cervantes will backup the aging and injury prone danny seigle while eventually grooming him to take over his starting spot.

borderline first rounders:
allein maliksi - not sure how much teams view him, he had a subpar collegiate career and only one great conference in the dleague so far
magi sison - at 6'7 he is a true center...him falling out of the first round is unimaginable if not for the gilas boys
ken acibar - tall and athletic in the mold of elmer espiritu...but same with maliksi, he only had one standout year in college though and was only average in one dleague conference

notes:
- i thought abueva was also joining the draft?
- celebrated college pg's james martinez and pamboy raymundo will have a hard time finding a team to play for as most are already set at pg and with other more talented pg's available via free agency (hermida, escobal, lingganay)
- the draft would still be a decent batch if the notable gilas guys would withdraw...will be making a mock 2.0 next friday or saturday, depending on the final list of applicants.

hijackthis
08-19-2011, 04:15 AM
i think lassiter would be the number 1 pick

potz05
08-19-2011, 04:28 AM
But if you're Powerade (and Rain or Shine and Air 21) wouldn't the whole uncertainty of the Gilas group give you a bit of worry?

i can only imagine Powerade's Draft Guide:

Plan A - Casio
Plan B - Lassiter
Plan C - Lutz
Plan D - Lee

Or something like that.

Hahaha.. You're right sir DT and it could've been even more different if Chris Tiu was around. So it will be:

Plan A - Tiu
Plan B - Casio
Plan C - Lassiter
Plan D - Lutz
Plan E - Lee

Malas Paul Lee :D

durden_tyler
08-19-2011, 04:34 AM
Hahaha.. You're right sir DT and it could've been even more different if Chris Tiu was around. So it will be:

Plan A - Tiu
Plan B - Casio
Plan C - Lassiter
Plan D - Lutz
Plan E - Lee

Malas Paul Lee :D

Drop the "sir" please :D

Tiu really just wants to play for the flag. He doesn't need the money obviously. But i wonder if he's ever going to be interested to play in the pro league. i hope he plays one way or another and i hope it's not during past his prime-- after all, when all is said and done, we'd be ranking these players and their history in Philippine basketball.

potz05
08-19-2011, 04:37 AM
Drop the "sir" please :D

Tiu really just wants to play for the flag. He doesn't need the money obviously. But i wonder if he's ever going to be interested to play in the pro league. i hope he plays one way or another and i hope it's not during past his prime-- after all, when all is said and done, we'd be ranking these players and their history in Philippine basketball.

hahaha OK. :D

when he finally decides to turn pro *paktay na James Yap* :D

heroescantdie
08-19-2011, 05:05 AM
here's my my top 10

1 pow casio

2 ros lutz

3 air lassiter

4 pow lee

5 sho maliksi

6 ala ababou

7 pet/gin barroca

8 pet/gin cervantes

9 tnt ballesteros

10 air baracael

killmebusy
08-19-2011, 05:23 AM
i doubt tnt will let salamat slip...he fills a need and is tied to mvp and chot via ateneo.

potz05
08-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Mock draft v1.0

notes:
- i thought abueva was also joining the draft?

He has 1 or 2 more years of eligibility to play collegiate basketball in NCAA so I think he'll take his chances their first same as Ian Sanggalang and Ronald Pascual.

potz05
08-19-2011, 06:06 AM
i doubt tnt will let salamat slip...he fills a need and is tied to mvp and chot via ateneo.

Well if that's the case then they will get Eric Salamat but as per team needs I don't think they need another guard. Look what happened to Pong Escobal when they drafted them he became a journeyman and where is Borgie Hermida? Isn't he another Bedan close to MVP?

As for Eric Salamat though he is exceptional (somewhat) I think the needs of the team should be addressed first rather than the loyalties.

Oh well let's just leave it to TnT management. Just my two cents.

sharky
08-19-2011, 07:18 AM
IMHO. gilas boys would comprise the top 7.
Casio lock in #1
Lutz lock in the top5
Lassiter lock in the top5
Baracael lock in the top5
Ababou may come in higher but probably be pick #5,6,7
Ballesteros may come in higher but probably be pick #5,6,7
Barroca may come in higher but probably be pick #5,6,7
Sison (coz he's the biggest in the draft and ex-gilas mascot)
MVP and Eala knows how to take care of their investments and there's always Lina to make business out of this investments.:D:D:D
Lee
Salamat
2nd rounders
Maliksi
Cervantes
Raymundo
BUlawan
Mepana
Ilad

KevinDurant
08-19-2011, 08:18 AM
I do believe that ROS and Coach Guiao would pick Jason Ballesteros at no. 2. They are full at the wings. They need inside presence.

gaLj
08-20-2011, 02:06 AM
http://earthzebra.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/i-told-you-so.jpg

Date : 8-11-11
Time : 5:30 Am

quoted for the truth :D

LCM
08-20-2011, 02:12 AM
here's my my top 10

1 pow casio

2 ros lutz

3 air lassiter

4 pow lee

5 sho maliksi

6 ala ababou

7 pet/gin barroca

8 pet/gin cervantes

9 tnt ballesteros

10 air baracael

ROS will not draft Lutz.Remember kalbs and arana did'nt like him.As well as Paul Lee.Maybe if they traded Gary David.

gaLj
08-20-2011, 02:19 AM
ROS will not draft Lutz.Remember kalbs and arana did'nt like him.As well as Paul Lee.Maybe if they traded Gary David.

They might draft Baracael to fill their needs in the SF spot.

Silent Killer
08-20-2011, 04:58 AM
In paul Lee's mind: malas pati ba naman sa draft hinababol aq ng gilas? :p :D ako na sana number 1 baka mapunta pa ako ng 2nd round :p :D

Trans: Oh dear :D :p

reamily
08-20-2011, 05:41 AM
I will draft Paul Lee ahead of Jayvee imo... even with Andy imo

but with Dylan i would think thrice

Silent Killer
08-20-2011, 06:30 AM
ah since the gilas boys might not change their mind(hope they will) i'll make my mock draft for this year

1. Powerade - I'll go for Casio here. for one they need PG 1st and get the best possible player with this deep draft. if they pick Lee then he'll fight his minutes over the franchise player gary david.

2. Rain Or Shine - Jason Ballesteros. they need more interior defender and needs another post offense. Jason is a good rebounder as well. If they pick lee he'll fight his minutes over arana, buenafe.

3. Air21 - Mac Baracael. They need a combo forward to replace aging Seigle.

4. Powerade - Magi Sison. laugh at this guys. Magi played with junior powerade in D-League and was a bench warmer for gilas. training abroad helps him develop his game. Good to replace the aging dennis espino.

5. Shopinas- Paul Lee. Need a scorer for this team. Paul lee is a willing passer. In this team he's a star. So the team must surround talents with this team around paul lee.

6. Alaska - Marcio Lassiter. tough choice for alaska with this pick. Since larry fonacier traded to TNT they lost a spot up shooter. With lassiter cone gets a tough defender, shooter and a slasher. He might remind lassiter to cariaso.

7. BGK - Reil Cervantes. This guy is a hard worker for FEU. Since BGK is in dire in need of Big man and the frontcourt is aging, reil is a perfect fit for them.

8. Petron - They'll probably trade this pick. They're loaded in every position.

9. TNT - Mark Barroca. They need an emergency back up PG and barroca is the guy. With barroca tandem with Castro, it will bring speed to the back court.

10. Air21 - Dylan Ababou. They also need a scorer and that's they'll get in Dylan Ababou.

nardong_putik
08-20-2011, 08:19 AM
ah since the gilas boys might not change their mind(hope they will) i'll make my mock draft for this year

1. Powerade - I'll go for Casio here. for one they need PG 1st and get the best possible player with this deep draft. if they pick Lee then he'll fight his minutes over the franchise player gary david.

2. Rain Or Shine - Jason Ballesteros. they need more interior defender and needs another post offense. Jason is a good rebounder as well. If they pick lee he'll fight his minutes over arana, buenafe.

3. Air21 - Mac Baracael. They need a combo forward to replace aging Seigle.

4. Powerade - Magi Sison. laugh at this guys. Magi played with junior powerade in D-League and was a bench warmer for gilas. training abroad helps him develop his game. Good to replace the aging dennis espino.

5. Shopinas- Paul Lee. Need a scorer for this team. Paul lee is a willing passer. In this team he's a star. So the team must surround talents with this team around paul lee.

6. Alaska - Marcio Lassiter. tough choice for alaska with this pick. Since larry fonacier traded to TNT they lost a spot up shooter. With lassiter cone gets a tough defender, shooter and a slasher. He might remind lassiter to cariaso.

7. BGK - Reil Cervantes. This guy is a hard worker for FEU. Since BGK is in dire in need of Big man and the frontcourt is aging, reil is a perfect fit for them.

8. Petron - They'll probably trade this pick. They're loaded in every position.

9. TNT - Mark Barroca. They need an emergency back up PG and barroca is the guy. With barroca tandem with Castro, it will bring speed to the back court.

10. Air21 - Dylan Ababou. They also need a scorer and that's they'll get in Dylan Ababou.

Bro I think you forgot LUTZ?

The_Big_Cat
08-20-2011, 09:30 AM

I think he has no plans of drafting Lutz at all. That's why he didn't include him in his list. :D

Silent Killer
08-20-2011, 12:55 PM

i just base on what the needs of the team. he might land at 2nd round.

donno
08-20-2011, 01:33 PM
my mock draft for 1st rounf (if all Gilas players will not pullout):

1. Powerade- JV Casio
2. Rain or Shine- Marcio Lassiter
3. Air21- Chris Lutz
4. Powerade- Mac Baracael
5. Shopinas- Paul Lee
6. Alaska- Mark Barroca
7. Ginebra- Jason Ballesteros
8. Petron- Dylan Ababou
9. TNT- Allein Maliksi
10. Air21- Reil Cervantes

Silent Killer
08-21-2011, 02:59 PM
i ask gabe in twitter on who among the rookies would he love to play with and here's his answer.

GNorwood5 Gabe Norwood
@Komiks12 any of them. JV, Paul Lee, Lutz, Marcio, Baracael and all the Gilas guys are going to have impacts. Dylan is a sleeper pick too.

ricodgame
08-21-2011, 03:32 PM
1. Powerade- JV Casio - no brainer
2. Rain or Shine- Jason Ballesteros - Yeng Guiao type of Player
3. Barako Bulls- Marcio Lassiter - if he's available, no brainer
4. Powerade- Chris Lutz - same as above
5. Shopinas- Paul Lee - need a face for the franchisE
6. Alaska- Eric Salamat - Tim's kind of player
7. Ginebra- Magi Sison - Needs a Big Man
8. Petron- Ken Acibar - best available talent(so that no one can use him :D)
9. TNT- Mac Baracael - Hello Again. :rolleyes:
10. Barako Bull- Mark Barroca - Best available talent

Joe Yabuki
08-21-2011, 04:04 PM

1. Powerade- JV Casio
3. Air21- Chris Lutz
5. Shopinas- Paul Lee
6. Alaska- Mark Barroca
8. Petron- Dylan Ababou
9. TNT- Allein Maliksi

I read somewhere that coach Yeng has expressed interest in Marcio(which is expected since Marcio fits the Guiao model very well) on another note, Powerade has already declared their interest in Casio.

Anyhow, here are some of my fearless projections in this batch:
Sleepers:
Allein Maliksi
Reil Cervantes(Ive come to realized that guys that are big(or can play the 4 or 5) that work hard and play hard prosper in this league, just ask Willie Wilson)

JBall will have a better career than 60% of his teammates in Gilas

Lee will have the most success in this batch.(sorry Jayvee, youre still a great player though)

I dont really have high hopes for the guys at the 2nd round(cept for a few like Acibar... and maybe... maybe... Sison)

Silent Killer
08-21-2011, 05:13 PM
http://http://sports.inquirer.net/12813/lenient-players%E2%80%99-swap-on-pba-draft-day%E2%80%93salud

Lenient players’ swap on PBA Draft Day–Salud
By Musong R. Castillo
Philippine Daily Inquirer
11:12 pm | Sunday, August 21st, 2011
2 share3 1

MANILA—Unless commissioner Chito Salud sees it as blatantly one-sided, trading will be quite lenient come Philippine Basketball Association Draft Day on Sunday.

Known for being strict in player swaps, Salud said that any trade on Draft Day which will include picks in the proceedings will automatically be approved.

“We cannot conduct the normal review process on trades due to time constraints,” Salud explained. “So any trade that involves a Draft right is approved unless it is grossly lopsided.”

There are several big names that could be included in the Draft, including Smart Gilas stalwarts JV Casio, Chris Lutz and Marcio Lassiter and former PBL MVP and UAAP Mythical team member Paul Lee.

Lee is probably the best talent in the pool not belonging to the Smart Gilas national program and he is expected to be picked high in the proceedings, if not first overall.

Powerade owns the first and fourth choices overall, and coach Bo Perasol told the Inquirer on Friday that they are seriously looking at Casio should the former La Salle ace in the UAAP decide to proceed with his pro aspirations.

The Tigers also own the 11th and 12th overall choices, making Perasol confident of being able to rebuild and change the fortunes of his squad. Powerade did not make it past the eliminations in all three tournaments this season.[/B]

Undecided
As of now, PBA teams—especially Powerade—have yet to make up their minds since the Smart Gilas players are still undecided on whether to go through with their applications as the national program has reportedly asked its mainstays for two more years.

Aspirants have until Friday to decide, otherwise their names will be included in the Draft.

If they withdraw after that, serious penalties could be meted out by the PBA, including a lifetime ban.

Under Salud, several trades have been thumbed down this season, including the celebrated deal that should have sent Rabeh Al-Hussaini and Nonoy Baclao to Air21 from San Miguel.

San Miguel, now Petron, had only wanted to give up Danny Seigle, Dorian Peña and Sunday Salvacion for the two rookies. But Salud turned it down and asked the Beermen to revise the deal and sweeten it for the Express.

Air21 thus acquired Seigle, Peña and Dondon Hontiveros in a new pact that was approved right away by the commissioner’s office.

Barocca, Baracael
Incidentally, former Far Eastern superstars Mark Barroca and Mac Baracael, also from Smart Gilas, have stressed that they are definitely turning pro after the Fiba-Asia men’s championship in Wuhan, China in September.

With their decisions, Barroca and Baracael will surely be picked high in the first round of the Draft scheduled at the Robinsons Place in Ermita.

“They say they have served the national team enough, and they’re not young anymore,” said Ed Ponceja, agent/manager of both players.

Casio will still play for PH

Casio, on the other hand, said that he is definitely turning professional but has declared himself available anytime national duty calls.

“I’m grateful for my stint with the national team as it helped improve my game,” said Casio.

“I’m also for unity among Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas, Smart Gilas and the PBA in forming the best team for international competitions. So anytime, my services will be needed, I’ll always be very willing to join them,” Casio added.

so i go with the mock draft for the 2 picks in the 2nd round :p

11. Powerade - Chris Lutz. scorer and defender.

12. Powerade - Allein Maliksi. need added forward for the team.

potz05
08-22-2011, 01:32 AM

1. Powerade- JV Casio
3. Air21- Chris Lutz
5. Shopinas- Paul Lee
6. Alaska- Mark Barroca
8. Petron- Dylan Ababou
9. TNT- Allein Maliksi

:D Same top 10 players as mine. Nice

durden_tyler
08-22-2011, 01:51 AM
I read somewhere that coach Yeng has expressed interest in Marcio(which is expected since Marcio fits the Guiao model very well) on another note, Powerade has already declared their interest in Casio.

Moreover, i really think Yeng is the only coach who'd want to Go Big for his backcourt (we saw this last conference) putting Gabe at point, Buenafe at 2/3 and Ybanez at 2/3 most times (Jazul can be considered a "big guard" as well as he's not really a natural point) So yeah i agree with you that Lassiter could be that guy that completes that Big rotation in their back court. Also, they might just have their Plan B in Dylan Ababou who's a very versatile 2/3 guy himself.

potz05
08-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Mock Draft (with top 3 notable Gilas Players; Casio, Lassiter and Lutz)
*This is my opinion regarding the upcoming draft. Hope I made some curious minds rolling.* :D

1. Powerade - JV Casio - it was pretty evident that with Chris Tiu out of the draft this team needs some stability in back court. Players like Celino Cruz and Chico Lanete won't do it. Casio has shown that he can blend well within a system plus the fact that he doesn't need to score much in this team, just ask Gary David and Marc Macapagal.

2. Rain or Shine - Marcio Lassiter - getting the best available talent in the draft pool isn't so bad at all. Marcio will be a good compliment with Gabe Norwood and Ranjay Buenafe if ever they'll play together though the unpredictability of Coach Yeng Guiao might be the tiny bit of a problem as he may log fewer minutes than he wants too.

3. Air21 - Chris Lutz - still get the best available talent. Lutz game can compliment Willie Miller's game and with DH's contract not yet transacted it's safe to draft Chris Lutz in which just like Hontiveros plays both offense and defense well.

4. Powerade - Allein Maliksi - Why not Paul Lee? Well in my opinion, they are stacked with scorers and putting up another ball hog and a guard at that (with Casio, Lanete, Cruz, Reyes, Macapagal and David) will just make this team a Ginebra look-a-like. I think it's time to address the need this time around and that is what makes Maliksi valuable (I even prefer him than Baracael). He can play 3 and 4 spot as well as 2 if ever. Bank the MVP of the D-League in his resume.

5. Shopinas - Paul Lee - There you go, in a rebuilding team like Shopinas they need a go to guy and I think that fits Paul Lee's bill. Not much to say because we all know he can be the face of this franchise.

6. Alaska - Mac Baracael - I'm really kind of skeptic on this one as to which problem should be addressed for coach Tim Cone's team, that spotty back-up PG for Tenorio or that shallow 2 and 3 spot. But having a Baracael at 2 or 3 is a total upgrade for the Aces filling in the place of Wesley Gonzales. Baracael has proven that he can blend well within a system, let's just hope that if ever he was picked by Alaska he wouldn't warm up the benches.

7. Petron/Ginebra - Dylan Ababou - Jason Ballesteros - Dylan Ababou on Petron and Jason Ballesteros on Ginebra. Addressing the needs of the team Ababou and Ballesteros will fill the void of what is needed. Petron needs to have an SG that can shoot the lights out again just like when Hontiveros was with the team and that's why Ababou will fit well (Sorry Pamboy). While Ballesteros -I think- is the most coveted big man in the draft. Ginebra really needs to have a big man as Eric Menk is really aging and even though there are rumors of another Rudy Hatfield comeback a Ballesteros-Ginebra draft is the wises move of all.

8. Petron/Ginebra - Dylan Ababou - Jason Ballesteros - Dylan Ababou on Petron and Jason Ballesteros on Ginebra. Addressing the needs of the team Ababou and Ballesteros will fill the void of what is needed. Petron needs to have an SG that can shoot the lights out again just like when Hontiveros was with the team and that's why Ababou will fit well (Sorry Pamboy). While Ballesteros -I think- is the most coveted big man in the draft. Ginebra really needs to have a big man as Eric Menk is really aging and even though there are rumors of another Rudy Hatfield comeback a Ballesteros-Ginebra draft is the wises move of all.

9. Talk n Text - Riel Cervantes - I'm also a bit skeptic on this one as to whether they'll try to get Mark Barroca (for loyalty purposes) or Magi Sison (they really need some height) but I still go with Reil Cervantes as he is a Ranidel de Ocampo prototype though not known to be a shooter outside but a bruiser inside. He will be a pretty good compliment to every big men in TnT's roster and give Gilbert Lao a run for his money.

10. Air21 - Mark Barroca - with Urbistondo's free agency they now need a point guard. He can either score or facilitate. It's better late than never for Barroca as he can do a good job playing alongside Lutz (if ever he'll stay in the draft) and Willie Miller.

11-20
-Eric Salamat
-Pamboy Raymundo
-Magi Sison
-Gilbert Bulawan
-Ariel Mepana
-James Martinez
*though I think there will be teams that will forfeit their draft pick.

Mock Draft (w/o the 3 notable Gilas)

1. Powerade - Paul Lee - Get the best player in the draft?. :rolleyes:

2. Rain or Shine - Mac Baracael - He will be able to give Yeng Guiao a formidable SF who can shoot (Sorry Gabe) so that Norwood can either play PG if a Norwood-Buenafe-Baracael tandem is on the floor or SG if a Tang-Norwoord Baracaelis in. Nevertheless, Baracael is a versatile player like Norwood.

3. Air21 - Allein Maliksi - The need for a scoring 3 for the Air21 franchise is inevitable as for the exit of Hontiveros (if ever), if not he can slide and play the 4 spot if needed.

4. Powerade - Mark Barroca - They need a PG that can deliver the goods and he will be a shoo in for that if Casio will pull out. I just hope he can pacify his three scorers (Paul Lee, Mark Macapagal and Gary David) :D or else it's going to be all one-on-one plays.

5. Shopinas - Dylan Ababou - He will be able to rekindle his go-to-guy days in UST as this rebuilding team can make him the face of the franchise.

6. Alaska - Eric Salamat - It was said a long time ago that Coach Tim Cone likes how Eric Salamat plays. Though I hope that he could well adjust himself playing the triangle and form a formidable trio with Tenorio and Baguio.

7. Petron/Ginebra - Pamboy Raymundo (Petron) Jason Ballesteros (Ginebra) - Pamboy Raymundo knows and excels in Coach Ato's system and with some tinkering in Petron's line-up either they'll get the SG they needed via trade or via Free agency (welcome back DH?) :eek: As for Ballesteros? Hahaha you know already.

8. Petron/Ginebra - Pamboy Raymundo (Petron) Jason Ballesteros (Ginebra) - Pamboy Raymundo knows and excels in Coach Ato's system and with some tinkering in Petron's line-up either they'll get the SG they needed via trade or via Free agency (welcome back DH?). As for Ballesteros? Hahaha you know already.

9. Talk n Text - Reil Cervantes - Either trade this draft pick for future draft pick or get Reil Cervantes and play for the future as Ali Peek is over his peak. :cool:

10. Air21 - Magi Sison - Need a big man who can score and defend. Though there's still some learning to do Magi Sison will be a big help in the big man problems of Air21 and with Allein Maliksi they can form the future of this franchise or the future tradeable duo. :D

Just putting it p again sorry guys. :rolleyes:

st_ang3r
08-22-2011, 02:42 AM
powerade - casio; if he will withdraw then i think they will go for lee or lassiter

ros - if lassiter is available then he will end up here.

air21 - it depends on what team they want to trade this pick

powerade - if they want to rebuild then they need to pick younger players i think lutz will be the right pick here. they can trade there second round picks for a late 1st round pick for sison or jball. they dont need a forward.

donspark47
08-22-2011, 04:56 AM
my point of view
Based on needs of the team and availability

1 POWERADE - JV CASIO
2 RAIN ORSHINE - JASON BALLESTEROS
3 AIR 21 - MARCIO LASSITER
4 POWERADE - MAC BARACAEL
5 SHOPINAS - PAUL LEE
6 ALASKA - MARK BARROCA
7 GINEBRA - CHRIS LUTZ
8 PETRON - DYLAN ABABOU
9 TALK N TEXT - ALEIN MALIKSI
10 AIR 21 - PAMBOY RAYMUNDO

killmebusy
08-22-2011, 05:00 AM
I do believe that ROS and Coach Guiao would pick Jason Ballesteros at no. 2. They are full at the wings. They need inside presence.

on the contrary, they are also loaded up front...rodriguez, kramer, matias, belga, cruz. they need a pg...they only have tang and jazul and if one of them goes down they use araña or buenafe at point...not good. i think barocca will be picked at 2...

killmebusy
08-22-2011, 05:05 AM
I will draft Paul Lee ahead of Jayvee imo... even with Andy imo

but with Dylan i would think thrice

dylan and alaska are a hand and glove fit...

potz05
08-22-2011, 05:09 AM
on the contrary, they are also loaded up front...rodriguez, kramer, matias, belga, cruz. they need a pg...they only have tang and jazul and if one of them goes down they use araña or buenafe at point...not good. i think barocca will be picked at 2...

Yeng Guaio likes playing big now with Norwood-Buanafe-Ibanes... so it owuld not be surprising for them to pick Balle or even Lassiter nor Barracael.

They still have Uyloan as the third PG.

dylan and alaska are a hand and glove fit...

A Dylan pick would might be good for the aces but not for Dylan.

killmebusy
08-22-2011, 05:22 AM
Yeng Guaio likes playing big now with Norwood-Buanafe-Ibanes... so it owuld not be surprising for them to pick Balle or even Lassiter nor Barracael.

They still have Uyloan as the third PG.

A Dylan pick would might be good for the aces but not for Dylan.

i think uyloan is not under contract anymore. dylan actually fills a need in the 3-spot for alaska...as he is an upgrade from wesley g and the aging tony dela cruz.

i'm pretty sure though that there will be at least 3 trades come draft day...i expect meralco to make a splash, probably send cardona to shopinas (as franz is being rumored to be the coach) for the #5 pick.

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 05:38 AM
the second round draft order

my mock draft

11.) TALK N TEXT (from AIR 21) - Chris Lutz. scorer and defender. need a wing defender for them plus for future national team purposes

12.) ALASKA (from RAIN OR SHINE from COKE) - Eric Salamat - good in steals department last uaap and he's a perfect back up PG for alaska.

13.) ALASKA (from AIR 21 from POWERADE from MERALCO) - James Martinez. since Alaska has good frontcourt rotation, they need to beef up the backcourt. with addition of martinez, salamat and lassiter expect alaska to be contenders for next season

14.) ALASKA (from RAIN OR SHINE) - Alein Maliksi. combo forward but will fight for his minutes at SF position and in SG as well. an emergency forward/guard in case foul troubles hit the sf/sg positions

15.) BMEG - Pamboy Raymundo. Will need a stable PG. they have enough of bigs.

16.) ALASKA - Gilbert bulawan or they pass.

17.) GINEBRA (FROM BARAKO) - Brian Ilad - Need another big man for the aging and injured plagged frontcourt

18.) AIR 21 (FROM PETRON) - Likely pass

19.) AIR 21 (FROM GINEBRA) - Likely pass

20.) TALK N TEXT - likely pass

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 05:43 AM
PARTIAL AND OFFICIAL DRAFT ORDER 1ST AND 2ND ROUND
FIRST ROUND:
1) POWERADE TIGERS - Jvee Casio(see my early mock draft)

2) RAIN OR SHINE (from AIR 21) - Jason Ballesteros(see my early mock draft)

3) AIR 21 (from MERALCO) - Marnel baracael(see my early mock draft)

4) POWERADE (from RAIN OR SHINE) - Magi Sison(see my early mock draft)

5) BARAKO (from BMEG) - Paul Lee(see my early mock draft)

6) ALASKA - Marcio lassiter (see my early mock draft)

7) TALK N TEXT (from BARAKO) - Andy Barroca (see my early mock draft)

8) PETRON - trade the pick

9) GINEBRA - Reil cervantes (see my early mock draft)

10) AIR (from TNT) - Dylan Ababou (see my early mock draft)

killmebusy
08-22-2011, 05:46 AM
the second round draft order(unofficial since no 17-20th picks yet)

my mock draft

11.) TALK N TEXT (from AIR 21) - Chris Lutz. scorer and defender. need a wing defender for them plus for future national team purposes

12.) ALASKA (from RAIN OR SHINE from COKE) - Eric Salamat - good in steals department last uaap and he's a perfect back up PG for alaska.

13.) ALASKA (from AIR 21 from POWERADE from MERALCO) - James Martinez. since Alaska has good frontcourt rotation, they need to beef up the backcourt. with addition of martinez, salamat and lassiter expect alaska to be contenders for next season

14.) ALASKA (from RAIN OR SHINE) - Alein Maliksi. combo forward but will fight for his minutes at SF position and in SG as well. an emergency forward/guard in case foul troubles hit the sf/sg positions

17.)

18.)

19.)

20.)

i think petron will target bulawan in the 2nd round (if they have any or they trade back in) as he has ties with coach ato and can give them another big to work with at least for injury reserve as jwash and rabeh might be out til first quarter of next year.

anyone got a link to the updated rosters of each team along with the expiring contracts and injuries?

potz05
08-22-2011, 05:57 AM
i think uyloan is not under contract anymore. dylan actually fills a need in the 3-spot for alaska...as he is an upgrade from wesley g and the aging tony dela cruz.

i'm pretty sure though that there will be at least 3 trades come draft day...i expect meralco to make a splash, probably send cardona to shopinas (as franz is being rumored to be the coach) for the #5 pick.

Just like I said Great For the Aces bad for Dylan just look at KDP, the groomed to be the new Jeffrey Cariaso but where is he now?

And I highly doubt that Dylan would stay longer there:

Dylan: "Kaya nga ko nagpa-draft para magka-playing time e hindi para mababad ulit sa bench."

Remember: Tim Cone only has a few patience when it comes teaching the triangle to Rookies. And it would not be another surprise if he picks Eric Salamat higher he has a much higher Ibasketball I.Q. (plus the fact that a boy fanbase for is girl friend and his girl friend's sister) LMFAO :D

potz05
08-22-2011, 05:58 AM
the second round draft order(unofficial since no 17-20th picks yet)

my mock draft

17.)

18.)

19.)

20.)

You really don't like Chris Lutz, do you sir SK? :D lolx

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 06:00 AM
You really don't like Chris Lutz, do you sir SK? :D lolx

hehe nope naman. i just base the needs of each team. ;) :D

potz05
08-22-2011, 06:04 AM
hehe nope naman. i just base the needs of each team. ;) :D

Hahhaha LMFAO! :p

The greatest draft of all I guess would be the team that will draft Eric Salamat.. :cool::D

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Hahhaha LMFAO! :p

The greatest draft of all I guess would be the team that will draft Eric Salamat.. :cool::D

And for me Alaska will get him :rolleyes:

potz05
08-22-2011, 06:11 AM
And for me Alaska will get him :rolleyes:

I think that was last year or the last last which Tim Cone commended his b-bal I.Q. right? Though I think he needs to get back his game form.

I would be glad to see him in any team besides Rain or Shine. :D Going to watch the games live by then to get a peek at his pretty girl. :eek:

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 06:12 AM
whose that girl? :p :D

reamily
08-22-2011, 06:13 AM
Yeah maybe everybody happy many people want to see Jose on the bench for the aces but aces fans like us believe Eric will help a lot as an ace even given limited minutes

potz05
08-22-2011, 06:14 AM
whose that girl? :p :D

Ashley Gosiengfiao :)

Yeah maybe everybody happy many people want to see Jose on the bench for the aces but aces fans like us believe Eric will help a lot as an ace even given limited minutes

He sure can do.

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Ashley Gosiengfiao :)

He sure can do.

:eek: lucky guy :D

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 06:16 AM
I think that was last year or the last last which Tim Cone commended his b-bal I.Q. right? Though I think he needs to get back his game form.

I would be glad to see him in any team besides Rain or Shine. :D Going to watch the games live by then to get a peek at his pretty girl. :eek:

dont want to watch hehem Air21 games :rolleyes:

potz05
08-22-2011, 06:21 AM
:eek: lucky guy :D

Pretty much and you can't insult him his girl is way protective. Haha.. Saw a post-picture of them at Boracay when someone commented "Ang panget naman ng bf mo." trans "Your bf is ugly."

She said; "Say it again and I'll ban you." :D feisty! :cool:

dont want to watch hehem Air21 games :rolleyes:

Why? Because of DH? :D

reamily
08-22-2011, 06:22 AM
tell me guys Ashley is the cuter Gosienfiao or is it Alodia..

I recognize the Gosingfiao's as the cute one and the mature one

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Pretty much and you can't insult him his girl is way protective. Haha.. Saw a post-picture of them at Boracay when someone commented "Ang panget naman ng bf mo." trans "Your bf is ugly."

She said; "Say it again and I'll ban you." :D feisty! :cool:

Why? Because of DH? :D

nah the 2 time fhm cover girl :D :p :rolleyes:

potz05
08-22-2011, 06:23 AM
nah the 2 time fhm cover girl :D :p :rolleyes:

Dag nabit! Valerie? ahhahaa :eek:

tell me guys Ashley is the cuter Gosienfiao or is it Alodia..

I recognize the Gosingfiao's as the cute one and the mature one

Hmmm... I guess you're right Ashley's the cute one and Alodia as the mature sexy one :eek::D

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 06:26 AM
Dag nabit! Valerie? ahhahaa :eek:

Hmmm... I guess you're right Ashley's the cute one and Alodia as the mature sexy one :eek::D

both of them are cute.. :D

as for the saying eric salamat is panget? look at himself 1st. :rolleyes: ;)

potz05
08-22-2011, 06:28 AM
both of them are cute.. :D

as for the saying eric salamat is panget? look at himself 1st. :rolleyes: ;)

Better be right? All I can say is that he's really a lucky guy.

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 06:30 AM
Better be right? All I can say is that he's really a lucky guy.

yap one lucky guy. ;)

potz05
08-22-2011, 06:34 AM
yap one lucky guy. ;)

I'll just say it again.. that avatar of yours is really distracting the hell out of me.. wahahahha :D

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 06:36 AM
I'll just say it again.. that avatar of yours is really distracting the hell out of me.. wahahahha :D

if only my angel of mines other is playing basketball i'll probably watch the games of pba regularly whatever the team is. :rolleyes: :p :D that other is playing football lolz :o

Silent Killer
08-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Twitter Mode (Draft)

snowbadua snow badua
POWERADE TIGERS GOV. JB BAYLON: No we are not trading our PICKS.
5 minutes ago Favorite Reply

Shootforthemoon
08-22-2011, 07:54 AM
He's the lesser known of the bunch. Underdog talaga. Know him personally. Played for the Pro Am League dito sa Chicago where some NBA, Euroleague and DLeague locals play during the summer. Siya lang yung Asian na first ever na na invited to play. Mabait din na bata. Know him personally. He is kniwn as Tsunami in these parts - yung mga itim ang nagnickname sa kanya nun. Here's his highlight video that he made at an agent's request:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Mu6vW8OqE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

tito thoots
08-22-2011, 08:09 AM
He's the lesser known of the bunch. Underdog talaga. Know him personally. Played for the Pro Am League dito sa Chicago where some NBA, Euroleague and DLeague locals play during the summer. Siya lang yung Asian na first ever na na invited to play. Mabait din na bata. Know him personally. He is kniwn as Tsunami in these parts - yung mga itim ang nagnickname sa kanya nun. Here's his highlight video that he made at an agent's request:

Hanep... He has the height, the handles, the smarts, the athleticism. His left hand BURN is phenomenal. Definitely a TSUNAMI will hit the PBA.

durden_tyler
08-22-2011, 08:51 AM

You sure you're not his father and/or agent? :D (We have some posters of that kind here :D)

Anyway, on a more serious note, here's a genuine good luck. Nothing like a good underdog story going successful (especially with all the big names in this draft). If he gets drafted, and if he becomes a key player (or even a star!) i hope you continue to post here and discuss your "kid/boy" :)

nardong_putik
08-22-2011, 09:04 AM

Is he eligible to join the draft?

I thought you need to play in PBA D-League first unless you are member of a national team.

tito thoots
08-22-2011, 09:27 AM

He reminds me of a left handed attacking mould of the young Paul Alvarez but with a decent outside shot and a lot better ball handling skills. He should be very difficult to stop one on one if he can burn through both left and right side. You have my vote .... Great find....

AlYuson
08-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Julius Pasculado has been discussed before here. http://forums.interbasket.net/f32/pba-2011-mock-draft-14134/p4.html

A junior member of IBN himself whose username is juliuspasculado.

ricodgame
08-22-2011, 11:48 AM
^ he admitted that he is juliuspasculado himself. :)

from what I have read, he is used to play in some chicago leagues, and even played against some NBA players.

Shootforthemoon
08-22-2011, 12:40 PM
@ Durden - Close! I am his friend Haha But many in the bball community in Chicago root for him... A true underdog story kase. But I will leave it to him to tell the story... Which I hope he can tell one day. :)
@ Nardong Putik - He is eligible kasi Filipino born yun at Filipino citizen pa rin (dual). HS na yun nag move sa Amerika. :)

Thanks everyone for your time. Marami kami dito na mangangampanya sa kanya. He deserves a chance. I'm not gonna praise him... Just let hi game speak for itself and you be the judge. Go Tsunami! :)

Shootforthemoon
08-22-2011, 01:00 PM

from what I have read, he is used to play in some chicago leagues, and even played against some NBA players.

Siya nga yun. Kawawa people didn't even know him and dismissed him. But I guess kaya nya kasi passionate yun sa game. Buti na lang nadiscover nang good agent dahil sa video.

Shootforthemoon
08-22-2011, 01:03 PM
He reminds me of a left handed attacking mould of the young Paul Alvarez but with a decent outside shot and a lot better ball handling skills. He should be very difficult to stop one on one if he can burn through both left and right side. You have my vote .... Great find....

Thanks! That's a great compliment. :) Sana mabasa nya to for encouragement... Pero i'm sure di yun masyadong mag online kasi rookie camp na. Sobra ang focus nun friend ko.

Johnny A
08-22-2011, 01:18 PM
2011 Draft Busts and Successes
I will dig this up couple of years from now:D

Here goes:
1. JV Casio- (bust) like a ritualo part2
2. Lassiter- (bust) just a hunch
3. Lutz- (success) future ROY and MVP
4. Baracael- (success) will earn solid minutes
5. Barroca- (bust) reliever PG
6. Ababou- (decent) import defender

Not too familiar with others.

AlYuson
08-22-2011, 02:23 PM

Certainly..wishing him goodluck and lets wait for him to strut his wares in the philippines.. accordingly, a real game is important than an edited video highlights of a player.

jericho D. Niera
08-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Just like I said Great For the Aces bad for Dylan just look at KDP, the groomed to be the new Jeffrey Cariaso but where is he now?

And I highly doubt that Dylan would stay longer there:

Dylan: "Kaya nga ko nagpa-draft para magka-playing time e hindi para mababad ulit sa bench."

Remember: Tim Cone only has a few patience when it comes teaching the triangle to Rookies. And it would not be another surprise if he picks Eric Salamat higher he has a much higher Ibasketball I.Q. (plus the fact that a boy fanbase for is girl friend and his girl friend's sister) LMFAO :D

May attitude problem daw si KDP.

gaLj
08-22-2011, 03:56 PM
May attitude problem daw si KDP.

He spends of time recovering from injury than sitting on AA bench.