Philippine Baseball Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippine Baseball Thread

Got to find some articles but I believe Filipinos already reign the asean region in baseball. We should be fair in sports that we have the potential to excel

Rank in top 23 in the World oh its a fact
    Last edited by reamily; 02-15-2011, 01:28 PM.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Currently ranked 23rd in the world. 6th in Asia.

Comment

Another sport where we can excel. I think pinoy kids play better than other asians. I remember when i was in 5th grade our school won the provincial meet, then we placed second behind batangas(those players from lipa are damn good) and my friend even went to play on the philippine series. Ah good ol days

Comment

Let's get our MLB based fil ams and have them join the national team.

Comment

If that is true that our baseball Team is currently 6th in Asia and in the top 30s I think it is our second sport after Basketball. We all know in Basketball we are a contender for 7-5th place in ASIA( Im talking in ASIA here not JUST in SEA level)
          with a chance to make it to top 4 if we play good in a good day. Let us support Baseball and let the people know that in this sport like basketball we are already a establish powerhouses/darkhorse...
          [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

The plans of the Godfather of Philippine Baseball

Romero eyes baseball gold for PHL in '11 SEAG

To bring home the baseball gold medal in the 26th Southeast Asian Games in Indonesia is what businessman/sportsman Mikee Romero wants to accomplish for Team Philippines in 2011.

Romero, if given a chance to help fund and form the Philippine baseball team, said the Manila Sharks’ successful title defense in the recently concluded Baseball Philippines Series VII showed that the country can send a competitive squad that can reclaim the gold it last won in 2005.

"The only thing I can assure is that we will already have one (SEA Games) gold medal in our pockets if we are going to send the Manila Sharks," said Romero.

The Harbour Centre-backed Sharks completed a two-game sweep of the Batangas Bulls in the short best-of-three title series over the weekend to become the first team to win back-to-back crowns in the league.

Romero said he hopes to present his case to Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) president Jose “Peping" Cojuangco, Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) chairman Ritchie Garcia and PSC commissioner Chito Loyzaga, and the Philippine Amateur Baseball Association (PABA).

"I think this is the right opportunity for us to offer our services and handle the national team," said Romero, who also financed the campaign of the men’s basketball team to the 2007 SEA Games in Nakhonratchasima, Thailand which retained the gold.

"Now with regards to the leadership dispute in PABA, we want to shy away from that. We’re not partisan, we’re just here to help the national team."

The country won the baseball gold when it hosted the SEA Games here in 2005, but failed to retain the title in Thailand two years later.

If the plan pushes through, Romero said tryouts will be held by January and February to reinforce the Sharks team that will comprise the national roster. The team will then compete in tournaments in Korea and Japan as part of their training.

Also part of the team’s objective is to further enhance the country’s rankings in both the Asian and world levels, where the Filipinos are currently sixth in and 19th, respectively. – JVP, KY, GMANews.TV

source: http://www.gmanews.tv/story/209054/r...phl-in-11-seag

Comment

The organizer of the World Baseball Classic is planning to expand participation and the Philippines will be one of the automatic newcomers if the expansion is push through since we're (23rd) inside Top 25...

sigpic

Comment

Do we have Facebook Fanpage for our Baseball Team?

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

Originally posted by sergio23 View Post
                  Do we have Facebook Fanpage for our Baseball Team?

There's the Baseball Philippines but its the local baseball league not the national team..

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donmar View Post
                    There's the Baseball Philippines but its the local baseball league not the national team..
                    I just wanted to add them coz I don't want to be labeled as "Bandwagoner" when this team succeed in their quest. :P

Comment

Originally posted by sergio23 View Post
                      I just wanted to add them coz I don't want to be labeled as "Bandwagoner" when this team succeed in their quest. :P
                      hehehe.. I always though a bandwagon fan is when someone support the national team when they are winning and then turn their back when they are losing... thats how I define "bandwagon fans".. new form of crab-ism or something...

If you're a newly converted baseball or football fan and you fell in love with the game.. or you simply just want to support all of our national teams regardless of the sports code... I don't think the term "bandwagon" applies to you...

Of course, thats how I see it.. I dunno about other people...

sigpic

Comment

like football, baseball's a game that an ordinary manila boy can only hope to play. there's simply not enough free and safe space here for sports like these. that's why i feel a little fortunate for having spent my elementary years in a provincial town where baseball, football, "touching" ball, siatong and the like are played on a regular basis in the town's spacious grandstands and plazas.

Comment

we're 1954 Asian Baseball Champions! beating Japan 8-1 in the finals. it was reported that 17,000 watched the final game at the Rizal Stadium, was Baseball that big during that time?
                          "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

Comment

I'm kinda high-blooded about the UST Baseball team.. They won't let us play football on their part of the field..
                            Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Comment

i got my reservations about baseball since we were once known as the Little League cheaters back in 1992. our team, that was supposed to be comprised of players from Zamboanga, had pirated players from Luzon, and the entire team was over aged. they beat teams from Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea to make the Little League World Series. Zamboanga beat Kaiserslautern 14-2 (Germany), Salaberry-de-Valleyfield (Canada) 2-0, but lost to Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) 1-8 in their final group game. they got their revenge on Santo Domingo 5-1 in the semis and crushed Long Beach California in the final 15-4. they came home as instant celebs much like Onyok and the Azkals, but then these cheating allegations surfaced and they were stripped of their championship.

what's funny is that pirating players from different places and getting over-aged players is normal even in Mosquito/Pee-Wee barangay basketball tournaments.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information