2011 asian championship on its way to move to china

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 asian championship on its way to move to china

A group from FIBAAISA is visiting the bid cities in China, " Wuhan and Suzhou. "
    The championship was supposed to be held in lebanon, but now it seems more likely that China will organize it.

SOURCE:

Old news, they left 2 weeks ago. The decision won't be made until December.

According to Chinese reports, the 2 FIBA officials explained the decision to move from Lebanon because of protests by Syria after the FIBA Asian Stankovic Cup. If I remember correctly Syria also couldn't take place in FIBA Asia 2009 because the qualifier was held in Lebanon. I don't know if it's a Israel-Iran thing but FIBA thinks the politics was too much. Just FYI.
    aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post

According to Chinese reports, the 2 FIBA officials explained the decision to move from Lebanon because of protests by Syria after the FIBA Asian Stankovic Cup. If I remember correctly Syria also couldn't take place in FIBA Asia 2009 because the qualifier was held in Lebanon. I don't know if it's a Israel-Iran thing but FIBA thinks the politics was too much. Just FYI.
      very lame reason. If fiba believed it then shame on them. Syria can't even compete. For sure it's not because of syria, it's beyond that. China knows that if the tournament is held in lebanon, it doesn't have any chance to win the gold medal. (not only because of lebanon but also iran plays a big role)
      Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

Originally posted by leb-basket View Post
        very lame reason.
        The person who gave the "Syria" reason in China, Hagop Khajirian (Deputy General Secretary of FIBA-Asia) is Lebanese. But if you want a real reason, yes, FIBA is always about money. You don't think money potential was the main reason FIBA chose Lebanon as a WBC wild card this year (large Lebanese crowds in Turkey as compared to likely 0 followers from Dominican Republic)?
        aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post

no, it was FIBA Asia 2005, which Syria withdrew from the qualifier just one day before the tournament for political reasons. (Hariri's story) 2009 FIBA Asia qualifier scheduled to be held in Tehran.

anyhow, obviously this reason is just an excuse. Even though I prefer China (and Japan) over any other Asian country (no need to say "except Iran") to host Asian tournaments (the only problem we have in east asia is their foods ) but it's very unfair, 2001, 2003, 2009 and now 2011 !

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
            but it's very unfair, 2001, 2003, 2009 and now 2011 !
            Don't worry, 2013 will go to Qatar (2005 host) for diversity.

But FIBA Asia people also mentioned they will visit Japan and Korea after China so there is still a small possibility it will land in one of those countries.
            aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by leb-basket View Post
              very lame reason. If fiba believed it then shame on them. Syria can't even compete. For sure it's not because of syria, it's beyond that. China knows that if the tournament is held in lebanon, it doesn't have any chance to win the gold medal. (not only because of lebanon but also iran plays a big role)
              If you Lebanon hold the tournament ,that means you will definately win the title? NO way

you are not god , you are so undereastimate CHINA NT

just take a look at you history , How many times we won the game is Asia

just Bcz of one or two nutralized player from US cannot stop CHAIN NT

Is that all the trophy China won in the past by lucky???

Comment

I agree China should host more than everyone else in Asia the championship since it is Asia's big powerhouse with a lot of followers and crowds, hence better marketing. However, we should give equal distribution to the other smaller powerhouses of Asia (mainly Iran, Lebanon, and Korea)

So i guess it has already been held quite a lot of times in China in a row or so, it would be good to turn towards Iran and Lebanon.

I agree we Lebanese are undisciplined if this is the reason behind moving the cup to China. However, i don't think so cuz China made a terrible fight against Lebanon in 2001 finals as well as lately against Brazil team. So if this is the case, the same rule should apply on all.

Lebanon should host the championship because it was a right given to Lebanon. You don't judge on the country before hosting the championship, you do it after.
                THe only judging should be done on the technical aspects (courts readiness,....) not on how we think the fans will act or stuff like that. Then for ex, why don't they ban english teams from hosting champion's league games, we all know they have a lot of hooligans?

So i badly want to see Lebanon hosting the tournament. I also want to see Iran hosting it as well as Korea/Japan/Philippines.

You can always put China as a hosting country between each 2 tourneys.

Asia is not only China finally.

Comment

Originally posted by Romia View Post
                  If you Lebanon hold the tournament ,that means you will definately win the title? NO way

i'll drink for that.
                  it was one bad referee call.if you want i can revive your memory?!
                  and yeah that was in China Town.

how about our all players are from US ?! is that another excuse ? seriously the whole great China is scared from a small tiny country in Asia called LEBANON. 2001 remember? you attacked our players in your court,because we were close to beat you which non other Asian team did in the history of Asian Basketball.

Comment

This Asian federation is funny and some posters here are funnier!!!

The only reason for taking away the host from Lebanon is that China offered to play 300k, the Asian Federation used to give to the host !!!

thats the whole story so please stop putting excuses like once about Syria , and sometimes about the court .... !!!!

Honestly , Lebanon and Philippines are the best place to host Fiba tournaments , huge crowds and good medias coverage but it seems only China fits Fiba policy!!!!!
                    Proud to be Lebanese
                    www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                      The only reason for taking away the host from Lebanon is that China offered to play 300k, the Asian Federation used to give to the host !!!

thats the whole story so please stop putting excuses like once about Syria , and sometimes about the court .... !!!!

Honestly , Lebanon and Philippines are the best place to host Fiba tournaments , huge crowds and good medias coverage but it seems only China fits Fiba policy!!!!!
                      Yo Dani!
                      So if ex-president Kakhia was still heading the FLBB he would have been able to get this money available to be paid to FIBA Asia cause this current federation isn't willing to pay this amount?

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                        This Asian federation is funny and some posters here are funnier!!!

""""Honestly , Lebanon and Philippines are the best place to host Fiba tournaments , huge crowds and good medias coverage.."""""""""

haha bro , i think you are funny too.. well, PLS DO NOT SAY THAT LIKE THIS XXX are the best place to host XXX, because of XXX and XXX.

it is ludicrous and ignorant. but i personly hope lebanon can hold it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                          Yo Dani!
                          So if ex-president Kakhia was still heading the FLBB he would have been able to get this money available to be paid to FIBA Asia cause this current federation isn't willing to pay this amount?
                          yeah this is the story Khalid.we don't have leaders running the show. it is annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Romia View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

How big are you my lovely country ?!

The third smallest country in Asia, and the most country in the whole world that have political problems, and still the third biggest country in the Earth (China) which is the most populous country in the world IS AFRAID FROM YOU.

10,452 Km2 against 9,640,011 Km2.
                            4,255,000 person against 1,340,520,000.

WOW !!!!!!!

My friend, don't you remember 2001, don't you remember what happened ?!

Don't you remember what did YOUR referee do in the semifinal of the last ABC ?!

Let me tell you my friend, Lebanon (this small country) is making you tremble.

WOW !!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fadi El-Khatib View Post
                              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

How big are you my lovely country ?!

WOW !!!!!!!

My friend, don't you remember 2001, don't you remember what happened ?!

Don't you remember what did YOUR referee do in the semifinal of the last ABC ?!

Let me tell you my friend, Lebanon (this small country) is making you tremble.

WOW !!!!!
                              I admit that the Referee problem exists, but not so frequent
                              the china could benifit from it ,also could be harmed us by it
                              Do you believe China could benifit from it every time?Even the Asian Champion held by China,I think we cannot got the bonus every time
                              I believe the Referee generally is justice and fair to both contendor.
                              put all the blame on referee each time you lost is harmful and little helpful to your Basketball development
                              remember:China NT also be harmed by referee more than one time

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information