Capital Cities in Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital Cities in Asia

First here discuss your most well know cities ,or Capital of ur country and give an image about your country ,asian nations ,touristic places

First Of all i will talk for Sure about my country Lebanon ,and For sure one of the best well known and Beautiful cities in the World :BEIRUT Capital of Lebanon

Beirut (Arabic: بيروت‎, Bayrūt) is the capital and largest city of Lebanon with a population ranging from some 1 million to over 2 million as of 2007. Located on a peninsula at the midpoint of Lebanon's coastline with the Mediterranean sea, it serves as the country's largest and main seaport, and also forms the Beirut Metropolitan Area, which consists of the city and its suburbs. The first mention of this metropolis is found in the ancient Egyptian Tell el Amarna letters, dating to the 15th century BC, and the city has been continuously inhabited since.
    Beirut holds Lebanon's seat of government, and plays a central role in the Lebanese economy with its city centre, Hamra, Verdun, and Ashrafieh-based corporate firms and banks. The city is the focal point of the region's cultural life, renowned for its press, theatres, cultural activities, and nightlife. After the destructive Lebanese civil war, Beirut underwent major reconstruction,[1][2][3] and the redesigned historic city centre, marina, pubs and nightlife districts have once again rendered it a tourist attraction. Beirut was named the top place to visit in 2009 by The New York Times. It was also listed as one of the ten liveliest cities in the world by Lonely Planet in 2009.

Tourism
    Beirut has been a destination for European Summer travelers and wealthy Arabs.[89] The once destroyed city centre is thriving once again. Its former reputation as a crossroads between three continents and gateway to the East has been restored. Beirut is one of several socalled “Paris[es] of the East”,[90] and there is plenty of sightseeing, shopping, cuisine, and nightlife to keep a tourist within the city limits.[91][not in citation given] The city has sleek, modern buildings alongside arabesque Ottoman buildings, giving Beirut a unique and distinctive style often not seen in other Middle Eastern cities.[92]
    In Travel + Leisure magazine's World Best Awards 2006, Beirut was ranked 9th best city in the world.[93] However, the list was voted upon before the war broke out in Lebanon that same year. Tourist numbers have increased exponentially these last few months.[94] Recently, Lonely Planet named Beirut as ranking in its 2009 top ten liveliest cities on the planet. The New York Times ranked Beirut as the number one place to go in 2009 on its "44 places to go" list of 2009.[4] Many of the tourists are returning Lebanese expatriates, but many are also from Western countries. Approximately 2.6 million visitors are expected to visit in 2010; the previous record was 1.4 million in 1974.[95]

U can visit Wiki and type Beirut and read a lot of things there about our Beautiful Capital

Some Pictures:

Take it and Visit Our City Beirut
    Proud To Be Lebanese

Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

Source:

Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

www.sports-leb.com

www.sportkello.com

http://www.malaeeb.com/

I Love Beirut!
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Comment

I have heard that the Nightlife in Beirut are among the best in Asia. I believe I saw it on Discovery Channel: Travel
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

DAVAO CITY

CEBU CITY

QUEZON CITY

MANILA

BACACAY ALBAY

LEGAZPI CITY

NAGA CITY

ILIGAN CITY
        sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

MAKATI CITY

MUNTINLUPA CITY

PASAY CITY

PASIG CITY

BANAUE

Comment

^ Wow. Who ever thought the Philippines had about 10 or so Capital cities. Including a 2nd class municipality in Albay (Bacacay). Really smart dude, really smart.

Comment

Nothing is better than staying in a city like BEIRUT

I adore BEIRUT !!
              sigpic

Comment

rocketstar...boy genius, CAPITAL of your country not province/state
                "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx View Post
                  rocketstar...boy genius, CAPITAL of your country not province/state
                  and so!!! hibi na!!!

Comment

Beirut is really beautiful, it looks a bit like Istanbul. It looks European with those type of structures.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post

QUEZON CITY

MANILA
                      I never knew the buildings and skyscrapers can look so similar in Manilla and Quezon City

(Joking aside, is this pic of Manilla or Quezon City?)

Comment

beirut was considered top 1 nightlife in the world for 2009 by new york post. I will search for the article and post it later on as for now check this link it's a worldwide forum, a lot of lebanese are members and we lebanese have a very active and interesting forum: we have pictures, informations about the latest news in lebanon: sports, skyscrapers, nightlife, events especially in edde sands (best beach in lebanon)

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumd...s=&forumid=694 (this is the link)

SHOULDN'T FORGET THAT BEIRUT IS WELL RECOGNIZED WITH IT'S ROOFTOPS PARTIES. WE HAVE ROOFTOP NIGHTCLUBS.

another lebanese website for beirut night life :

NightLife, Clubbing, Events, DineOut, Concerts, Festivals, Clubs, Pubs, Bars, Hotels, Restaurants, Lifestyle, Music, Fashion, Beirut Night Life

i consider you to visit the first link and search you will find really wonderful pictures of lebanon i just can't post them all there is more than 1000 pics
                        Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                          I never knew the buildings and skyscrapers can look so similar in Manilla and Quezon City
                          Also Pasig City and Pasay City can have identical landscapes...

Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post

LEGAZPI CITY
                          Looks like a great place to visit
                          aim low, score high

Comment

Makati City

[ATTACH]2566[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2567[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2568[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2569[/ATTACH]

Buildings in Makati, Business Capital of the Philippines

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information