Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futbol (Soccer Forums)

Hey guys,

I am a big fan of this IBN and I read it everyday. I'm a huge basketball fan and I have been following this forum for 3 years now. However, I'm also a huge soccer fan. With the World Cup still going on, there have been several conversations about how Filipinos would be good in soccer so I have been trying to find any websites with recent news about the state of soccer in the Philippines as well as any blogs or forums. This has been difficult since the Philippines, like myself, is crazy about Basketball. I feel that, given some international success, we can be crazy about soccer and eventually become a world power, that's why i want to closely watch the progress of this sport in our country, just like how we fans are closely monitoring the state of the SBP and the Smart Gilas NT.

deuce and God bless
    -Jeff
    -The way RP basketball can get back to the Olympic and FIBA world stage... correct positions and small ball!
    -teach all the youth that are 6'8 and shorter the ability to dribble, pass, and shoot 3's

http://forums.interbasket.net/showth...d=1#post187750

Barcelona FC is in Seoul South Korea for the Barca Pre-Season Tour. Barca is set to face the K-League All-Stars for a friendly match.

Lionel Messi won't play though.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

My favorite football clubs:

1)Fußball-Club Bayern München.
      2)1. FC
      Köln.
      3)Manchester United F.C.
      4)Real Madrid.
      5)Liverpool F.C.
      6)F.C. Barcelona.
      7)F.C. Shalke 04.
      8)Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax.
      9)F.C. Spartak Moscow.
      10)Dynamo Kyiv.
      Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

CKR13's Favorite FCs

Arsenal FC (Barclay's Premiere League)
        Olympique Lyonnais (French Ligue 1)
        Incheon United (K-League)
        Gamba Osaka (J-League)
        FC St. Pauli (Bundesliga)
        Wellington Phoenix (Australian League)
        Hearts FC (Scottish Premiere League)
        New England Revolution (Major League Soccer)
        Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
          FC St. Pauli (Bundesliga)
          The proud owners of the best football chant out there!

Comment

Mine are:

CHELSEA FC!!!!!!
            Tottenham Hotspur
            Wigan Athletic
            Real Madrid
            FC Barcelona
            Werder Bremen
            PSV Eindhoven (Where 'eindhow' came from (derived))
            Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Comment

the supporter of Persib Bandung (the biggest and best club in my province ), they called Bobotoh or Viking..

Persib Bandung, btw 2 of Thai NT played for this club last season the goalkeeper Kosin haitanarakol and midfielder Suchao nucchum
              "BHINEKA TUNGGAL IKA"

Comment

???? PAST and present college, high school and grade school football players of De La Salle University-Manila are invited to “Kickoff”, a grand celebration to honor the long history of their footba…

They are not helping Philippine football by detroying one of only a few remaining pitches in Metro Manila! This is the same pitch that has produced a lot of champion teams through the years.

???? PAST and present college, high school and grade school football players of De La Salle University-Manila are invited to “Kickoff”, a grand celebration to honor the long history of their footba…
                Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                Servinio's Blog of Sports
                Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

My fave teams in order:

1 - AC Milan
                  2 - AJAX
                  3 - HOLLAND
                  4 - BARCA
                  5 - AS ROMA

Comment

Azkals to compete in AFC Challenge Cup in 2011

12/22/2010

source: abs-cbnnews.com

A hectic year 2011 awaits the Philippine football team, which is seeing action in several international tournaments next year.

Fresh from their historic achievement in the AFF Suzuki Cup, the Filipino booters, together with newly-recognized Philippine Football Federation (PFF) President Mariano “Nonong” Araneta, graced the PSA Forum on Tuesday at Shakey’s U.N. Avenue, and reflected on their recent campaign.

The Philippines usually finishes at the tail end of regional competitions, but in the just-concluded Suzuki Cup, the Azkals reached the semifinals. They lost the 2 semis games to Indonesia, both 0-1.

“It was a culmination of a very nice run for us,” said team manager Dan Palami. “We never expected us to be there in the semifinals, and the credit has to be given to the players for playing their hearts out. Our campaign was a reflection of the Filipino spirit of never backing down."

Palami, who has bankrolled the squad since late last year, said the team is now looking forward to several international tournaments next year, starting with the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Challenge Cup qualifying tournament.

Araneta also announced at the same forum, supported by Outlast Battery, PAGCOR and Shakey’s, that he finally got the recognition of the FIFA early Tuesday morning, certifying his election as president during the PFF Congress last month.

Araneta assured transparency as he serves out the remainder of the term of Jose Mari Martinez, who was ousted during the same PFF Congress. He also vowed to continue supporting the team.

“He [Martinez] has the right to appeal, but as far as we’re concerned, it’s already a closed matter,” said Araneta. “FIFA has accepted our legality and it has accepted our congress.”

“I am glad sponsors are coming in,” he added. “We can assure you of transparency with our governance and that the money will be spent where it’s supposed to be spent.”

Araneta also promised to revive youth competitions as well as the national open tournament to discover new talents.

The Philippine booters salvaged a dramatic draw with Singapore, 1-1, on an injury-time equalizer by Chris Greatwich. the Philippines also scored in the 2-0 victory over Vietnam, which was considered as the upset of the tournament.

The results catapulted the Azkals to stardom. Skipper Aly Borromeo said they never imagined this would happen to them in a country where basketball and boxing are the popular sports.

We don’t want to make all of this for nothing. The country has a lot of potential to be very good in football,” said Borromeo.

The Azkals will face Mongolia in a home-and-away AFC Challenge Cup qualifying tie in February, with the home game expected to be played at the Panaad Stadium in Bacolod.

If they beat Mongolia, the RP booters will move on to the qualifying event in a group which includes Myanmar, Palestine and Bangladesh.

Araneta said they have already expressed their intention of having the two games against Mongolia in the Philippines to avoid playing in near-freezing conditions.

Palami said they will hold open tryouts to get the best available talent for the next tournaments.

“It doesn’t matter if you’re a local or a Fil-foreigner,” said Palami. “There will be an equal chance for everyone to compete for slots in the squad.”
                    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

From goal.com.

Japan International Akihiro Ienaga Joins Mallorca

Spanish side excited by young prospect.

By Chris Paraskevas

Dec 16, 2010 2:28:00 AM

Akihiro Ienaga, Japan (Getty Images)
                      Japan international Akihiro Ienaga has signed with Spanish Primera Division outfit Mallorca on a five-year deal.

The 24 year-old will be loaned out by the club as they have exhausted the spots reserved for players from outside the European Union.

"Given his characteristics and youth, he is a player who can develop his potential in competitive football like the Spanish league," a statement on the Mallorca website read.

Ienaga made 31 appearances and scored four goals for the Cerezo Osaka side who secured for themselves an Asian Champions League spot this season in the J-League, a season after being promoted from the second tier.

An 18 million euro buy-out clause has been inserted in his contract.

Described as a player who boasts astute dribbling and passing ability, he was a teammate of CSKA Moscow star Keisuke Honda in the Gamba Osaka youth team.

Unlike his more illustrious fellow countrymen he went on to forge a senior career with the club before joining their city rivals.

Follow Goal.com on . Get the latest football news direct... Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best football fan community in the world!

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

From goal.com.

Adelaide United Confirm Signing Andwele Slory As Guest Player

A-League club Adelaide United have confirmed the signing of Dutchman Andwele Slory as a guest player for 10 matches.

By Rick D'Andrea

Dec 21, 2010 2:29:00 AM

Andwélé Slory, Feyenoord (foto ANP)

A-League club Adelaide United have confirmed the signing of former Feyenoord and West Bromwich winger Andwele Slory as a guest player for 10 matches.

Slory becomes the second international acquisition for the Reds this week, after originally signing Uruguayan Francisco Usucar.

Reds coach Rini Coolen said he had been tracking the player for quite some time, and can add a lot to his side.

"We were looking for an extra attacker who can play as a winger and bring some speed into the game, also someone with experience and that’s what Slory has,” Coolen said on the club's official website. "I know him from when he played in Holland, he was playing with one of the best clubs in Holland, Feyenoord, and he also played a few games for the national team.
                        "He wasn’t feeling happy, he wants to have fun again, wants to play football and that gave us the opportunity to get him.

Coolen revealed the Suriname-born player wanted to play football with a Dutch coach, as he was a free agent prior to joining the South Australian club.

"He wanted to start working with a Dutch coach again and get a good feeling back that he has lost in the last couple of months.

"He knows the system we play, he can play on both wings, he has spoken to a lot of people about the level of this league and after I spoke with him on the phone, a couple of days later he called me back and said he's happy to come over with his family and give it his best shot," he concluded.

Slory will only be eligible to play after 1 January 2011.

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

an Indonesian descent who wanna play for our NT signed with Feyenoord Rotterdam. but apparently our Idiot FA ignored him, he was free agent when come to Indonesia to try-out for our NT

Feyenoord sign Van Beukering

The 27-year-old, who was without a club having been released in the summer, joins the Eredivisie outfit on a free transfer after a successful trial period.

Van Beukering, who has also enjoyed spells at Vitesse, De Graafschap and NEC, admits the Feyenoord move has come as something of a surprise.

skysports.com
                          "BHINEKA TUNGGAL IKA"

Comment

Originally posted by satria_muda View Post
                            an Indonesian descent who wanna play for our NT signed with Feyenoord Rotterdam. but apparently our Idiot FA ignored him, he was free agent when come to Indonesia to try-out for our NT

Too bad. He can help raise the level of football not only in Indonesia, but also in ASEAN and Asian Region.

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

From goal.com.

Japanese Striker Shinji Okazaki Receives Offer From Stuttgart - Report

Stuttgart have made an offer for Shimizu S-Pulse striker Shinji Okazaki, according to reports from Japan.

By Clark Whitney

Dec 21, 2010 3:09:00 PM

Japan v Argentina,Gabriel Heinze and Shinji Okazaki(Getty Images)
                              Stuttgart have only earned 12 points from their first 17 matches, and are allegedly interested in making squad improvements in mid-season. Now, according to the Kyodo news agency, the Swabians have made an offer for Shimizu S-Pulse striker Shinji Okazaki.

The 24-year-old striker has already earned 35 caps for his country in his short career, scoring 18 goals in the process. Should he join Stuttgart, Okazaki will be the next in a growing contingent of Japanese players in the Bundesliga, including Shinji Kagawa, Atsuto Uchida, Makoto Hasebe and Kisho Yano.

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information