PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Asian Games (other sports)

kaiziken_pinas
06-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Post everything here. ^_^

than11
06-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Looking forward for a Wesley So - Le Quang Liem matchup in the Asian Games..Battle of Asia's young Super GMs..the race for SEA's first Hydra GM continues...

I hope Denise Dy will pair up with Riza Zalameda again for women's doubles event in tennis..it's a fighting pair..:)

sinobball
06-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Is chess part of Asian Games?

Since China is hosting the AG this year we should include mahjong as well.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Eurochamp-mahjong.jpg

than11
06-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Is chess part of Asian Games?

Since China is hosting the AG this year we should include mahjong as well.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Eurochamp-mahjong.jpg

Yes it is, I can't remember though since when..
China has a lot of strong players..they have to be the favorites..
Ofcourse, I'm expecting Vishy Anand of India will not participate..:)

kaiziken_pinas
06-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Looking forward to Boxing.

Annie Albania is the brightest woman amateur boxing prospect.

than11
06-07-2010, 02:29 PM

I can remember her from 2007 SEA Games..The Thais watched in horror as Annie knocked her Thai opponent out..She was just unstoppable there..
I think it was after that match when something started happening..thus, the Pinoys walked out of their succeeding gold medal matches against the host country..

She also won the Asian indoor Games gold last year. SEA games gold in 2005, 2007, 2009..I think she is also a silver medallist at the World Championships.
She is one of our brightest hope for gold in the Asiad, even maybe in the London Games if she qualifies..

mohsena2631
06-07-2010, 03:11 PM

lol, women's boxing is not included in Asian Games !

--------------------------------

considering Iran, as usual Wrestling is the main hope in Asian Games and Olympics. If wrestling fail, the whole Iranian delegation fails (what exactly happened in 2008 Olympics). The target is winning all 14 golds in men's wrestling but we know this is impossible because Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan have a lot of naturalized Russian wrestlers and judges always support Korea (and this time maybe China) in Asia. but getting 8 of 14 golds is still possible.

beside wrestling, Iran has the realistic chance of winning gold medal in some sports like Karate, Taekwondo, Wushu, Basketball :D, Volleyball, Rowing, Judo, Boxing, Track and Field, Cycling and Weightlifting. all of them in men's events.

than11
06-07-2010, 03:31 PM
lol, women's boxing is not included in Asian Games !

It will be, for the first time in this upcoming 2010 Asiad..

mohsena2631
06-07-2010, 03:37 PM
It will be, for the first time in this upcoming 2010 Asiad..

oh yes, this is very new, I didn't know it !
http://www.gz2010.cn/10/0123/10/5TN45ICJ0078002U.html

but you know how chinese strong in women's sports ! :D

than11
06-07-2010, 03:56 PM
oh yes, this is very new, I didn't know it !
http://www.gz2010.cn/10/0123/10/5TN45ICJ0078002U.html

but you know how chinese strong in women's sports ! :D

Yes, very true. As a matter fact our girl, Annie, lost to a Chinese lady in the battle for gold in the 2008 women boxing world championships.. :D

Lewis
06-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Sepaktakraw ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that shite should be at the Olympics

TrueBluePinoy
06-08-2010, 03:44 AM
As for the projected medal tally, of course for China this is just the Asian Games.:D My top 5 results would be the same as of 2006.

1. China
2. South Korea
3. Japan
4. Kazakhstan
5. Thailand

kaiziken_pinas
06-08-2010, 07:16 AM
hoping that RP gets the golds of Boxing, Billiards, Rugby, dragonboat(?), Wushu, SOFTBALL(we're one of the best in ASia) and HOPEFULLY, BASKETBALL.

if chess is there add it to the list.

eindhow
06-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Sepaktakraw ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that shite should be at the Olympics

Yeah it should be.. So we can see my fellow Palaweños represent our country..^^

than11
06-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Sinobball, do you happen to know if Li Na, Zheng Jie, and Peng Shuai will suit up for China in Asian Games women's tennis?..

busy
10-17-2010, 06:03 PM
These games are scheduled to take place in Guangzhou from 12 to 27 Nov.The opening ceremony will be held on November 12, 2010 on Haixinsha Island in the Pearl River.total of 476 events in 42 sports will be contested by athletes, making it the largest event in history of the Games . 45 country will participate in the games .

Official Website (http://www.gz2010.cn/en)

http://www.forexrainbow.com/files/wsmanoye98tvciyh7sjs.jpg

Sports :

1-Aquatics
2-Archery
3-Athletics
4-Badminton
5-Baseball
6-Basketball
7-Boxing
8-Bowling
9-Billiard sports
10-Cycling
11-Canoe/Cayak
12-Chess
13-Cricket
14-Dance sport
15-Dragon boat
16-Equestrian
17-Fencing
18-Football
19-Golf
20-Gymnastics
21-Handball
22-Hockey
23-Judo
24-Kabaddi
25-Karate
26-Modern Pentathlon
27-Roller sports
28-Rowing
29-Rugby
30-Sailing
31-Sepaktakraw
32-Softball
33-Shooting
34-Squash
35-Table Tennis
36-Taekwondo
37-Tennis
38-Triathlon
39-Volleyball
40-Weightlifting
41-Wrestling
42-Wushu

How do u like these games ?

**First post will update .**

Matt121
10-18-2010, 04:37 AM
I quite like the asian games. Well I wish i could watch it in Australia

kaiziken_pinas
10-18-2010, 09:04 AM
great poll.

traditional powers, including the one not in the great poll above, will rule this tournament.

busy
10-18-2010, 10:18 AM
great poll.

traditional powers, including the one not in the great poll above, will rule this tournament.

what's wrong with you?

kaiziken_pinas
10-18-2010, 10:32 AM
what's wrong with you?

you know, you could have added more teams in the poll.:rolleyes:

like Taiwan, Jordan and the Philippines

busy
10-18-2010, 12:32 PM
you know, you could have added more teams in the poll.:rolleyes:

like Taiwan, Jordan and the Philippines

was it joke? Taiwan ,Jordan or Philippines? it's not basketball . Ok I tell you about their last standings DOHA 2006
http://www.ocasia.org/Game/MWinner.aspx?AMWCode=19&GCode=1
Taiwan 10th
Jordan 25th
Phillippines 18th
Iran 6th

Just look how far they (China ,Korea ,Japan) are from others in medal count table
Dude ,China will champion in no doubt .one of Korea or Japan take 2nd and the other 3rd. and all of 42 countries except these 3 will fight for 4th place .;)

kaiziken_pinas
10-18-2010, 12:47 PM
was it joke? Taiwan ,Jordan or Philippines? it's not basketball . Ok I tell you about their last standings DOHA 2006
http://www.ocasia.org/Game/MWinner.aspx?AMWCode=19&GCode=1
Taiwan 10th
Jordan 25th
Phillippines 18th
Iran 6th

Just look how far they (China ,Korea ,Japan) are from others in medal count table
Dude ,China will champion in no doubt .one of Korea or Japan take 2nd and the other 3rd. and all of 42 countries except these 3 will fight for 4th place .;)

it's not a joke. let me correct you about the Philippines part, we didn't enter the competition in 2006.

Your poll is a joke, you should have included the top 8 teams or somewhat. I'm not offended that you did not put the Philippines because we're quite used to it.

Wanna bet on the bolded statement?;)
you didn't even put Qatar

and you are basing it on the 2006 standings. do you know what happened in the FIBA Asia 2007 and 2009? The Stankovic Cup? Jones Cup?

busy
10-18-2010, 01:08 PM
it's not a joke. let me correct you about the Philippines part, we didn't enter the competition in 2006.

Your poll is a joke, you should have included the top 8 teams or somewhat. I'm not offended that you did not put the Philippines because we're quite used to it.

Wanna bet on the bolded statement?;)
you didn't even put Qatar

and you are basing it on the 2006 standings. do you know what happened in the FIBA Asia 2007 and 2009? The Stankovic Cup? Jones Cup?

OMG !!!
We talk about the all 42 sports in sum . basketball is one of these 42 sports. read my first post carefully.

kaiziken_pinas
10-18-2010, 01:18 PM
OMG !!!
We talk about the all 42 sports in sum . basketball is one of these 42 sports. read my first post carefully.

oh crap.:eek:

hahaha... no comment. *pawned*

busy
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM

Hahaha... No comment. *pawned*

iq = 2 ;)

kaiziken_pinas
10-18-2010, 02:12 PM
iq = 2 ;)

kaiziken = epic fail:rolleyes:

now now, let's stop degrading myself. going back to topic,

I think China'll win this one.

busy
10-18-2010, 03:07 PM
kaiziken = epic fail:rolleyes:

now now, let's stop degrading myself. going back to topic,

I think China'll win this one.

I was kidding. in which sports Philippines is strong beside basketball? What's your idea about Philippines final standing in medal count table ?

eindhow
10-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I was kidding. in which sports Philippines is strong beside basketball? What's your idea about Philippines final standing in medal count table ?

Boxing, billiards, chess, taekwondo, sepaktakraw, bowling are the usual sports we are good in.. We are now emerging as a contender in swimming.. Wushu may come as a surprise..

Are we still good in bowling??

macan77
10-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Boxing, billiards, chess, taekwondo, sepaktakraw, bowling are the usual sports we are good in.. We are now emerging as a contender in swimming.. Wushu may come as a surprise..

Are we still good in bowling??

i'm not sure about swimming bro..i think we are only on the SEA games level..wushu, boxing and billiards probably..surprises could be on taekwondo and chess..

weward
10-19-2010, 01:00 AM

hahaha... no comment. *pawned*

:D:D:D
atleast ur honest ;)

i think china will win..as always

YoJoe
10-19-2010, 03:49 AM
Frankly, I think medal counts in multi-sports competitions are a big joke. The number of medals do not reflect the size and popularity of, nor the necessary investment required for, the sports.

Take these Asian Games. The most bemedalled sports are swimming (38 Golds), Athletics (47), Shooting (44!), Wrestling (18). Meanwhile, hugely popular team sports like basketball, football or volleyball get you 2 or 4 medals at the most. A country that produces good swimmers, runners and fielders, and shooters can win the standings!

Look at other sports with multiple medal opportunities: judo (16), weightlifting (15), taekwondo (16), bowling (12), canoe/kayak (16) -- not exactly universal, high-participation sports.

China's tactic of focusing on sports that produce a rich harvest of medals like shooting, weightlifting, canoeing, rowing, combat sports, and others will ensure that it will lead the standings again for the umpteenth time and perhaps for as long as the Asian Games take place.

Personally, I would like to see a reduction in the number of events per sport. There is no reason why shooting offers 44 gold medals. Reduce some of the others as well. This event is way to big as it is.

eindhow
10-19-2010, 04:08 AM
i'm not sure about swimming bro..i think we are only on the SEA games level..wushu, boxing and billiards probably..surprises could be on taekwondo and chess..

That's why I said we are emerging as a contender..:cool: they have proved their worth in SEAG.. In fact, some have competed in the Olympics.. In chess, we have Young GM Wesley So..

Khalid80
10-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Frankly, I think medal counts in multi-sports competitions are a big joke. The number of medals do not reflect the size and popularity of, nor the necessary investment required for, the sports.

Take these Asian Games. The most bemedalled sports are swimming (38 Golds), Athletics (47), Shooting (44!), Wrestling (18). Meanwhile, hugely popular team sports like basketball, football or volleyball get you 2 or 4 medals at the most. A country that produces good swimmers, runners and fielders, and shooters can win the standings!

Look at other sports with multiple medal opportunities: judo (16), weightlifting (15), taekwondo (16), bowling (12), canoe/kayak (16) -- not exactly universal, high-participation sports.

China's tactic of focusing on sports that produce a rich harvest of medals like shooting, weightlifting, canoeing, rowing, combat sports, and others will ensure that it will lead the standings again for the umpteenth time and perhaps for as long as the Asian Games take place.

Personally, I would like to see a reduction in the number of events per sport. There is no reason why shooting offers 44 gold medals. Reduce some of the others as well. This event is way to big as it is.

You could always suggest to have more medals in those games. In basketball for example you could add the streetball 3 on 3 competition challenge, 1 on 1, Free Throw Contest, 3PT contest, H-O-R-S-E...... :D

As for the medal count I believe it will be China then South Korea followed really closely by Japan. Iran and Kazakhstan will be competing for 4th place imo.

TrueBluePinoy
10-19-2010, 08:18 AM
I believe Thailand has a better chance of entering the top 4. They have one of the best sports programs in the continent focusing more in individual sports particularly in Martial Arts where most of their medal hauls come from.

TrueBluePinoy
10-19-2010, 08:31 AM
1-Aquatics - China, SK, Japan
2-Archery - SK, CT, Japan
3-Athletics - China, SK, Japan
4-Badminton - China, SK, Indonesia
5-Baseball - Japan, CT, SK
6-Basketball - I don't want to answer this part
7-Boxing - China, SK, Kazakhstan
8-Bowling - don't know
9-Billiard sports - Philippines, CT, China
10-Cycling - don't know
11-Canoe/Cayak - don't know
12-Chess - hard to tell
13-Cricket - India, Sri Lanka
14-Dance sport - Philippines, SK, China
15-Dragon boat - hard to tell
16-Equestrian - hard to tell
17-Fencing - hard to tell, most likely China and Japan
18-Football - Japan, SK, Iran
19-Golf - don't care
20-Gymnastics - China, Japan, any Central Asian country
21-Handball - don't know
22-Hockey - don't care
23-Judo - Japan, China, maybe even Mongolia
24-Kabaddi - what's this??
25-Karate - Japan, China, SK
26-Modern Pentathlon - China, SK, Japan
27-Roller sports - don't know
28-Rowing - hard to tell
29-Rugby - Japan, SK, (Philippines' chances are high)
30-Sailing - don't care
31-Sepaktakraw - Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysa, any other ASEAN country
32-Softball - Japan, SK, CT
33-Shooting - hard to tell
34-Squash - don't know
35-Table Tennis - China, SK, Japan, CT
36-Taekwondo - SK, China, Iran
37-Tennis - China, Japan, SK
38-Triathlon - China, SK, Japan
39-Volleyball - China, Japan, Iran
40-Weightlifting - China, Iran, Thailand
41-Wrestling - Iran, Kazakhstan, any other Central Asian country
42-Wushu - China

eindhow
10-19-2010, 08:47 AM
^ ^ ^

Totally forgot about rugby..^^

Khalid80
10-19-2010, 09:25 AM
29-Rugby - Japan, SK, (Philippines' chances are high)
33-Shooting - hard to tell

If Lebanon participates in the sports above we definitely should be competing for gold medals

For shooting we have our great Ray Bassil who's goal is to qualify to the London Olympics but i'm not sure if she's participating in the Asian Games or not.

This is a link to her website:

http://raybassil.com/?p=181

Edit: Just realized that Lebanon won't be participating in the rugby event :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union_at_the_2010_Asian_Games

And neither is Philippines!

mohsena2631
10-19-2010, 11:13 PM
first I think this thread must be merged with this one
http://forums.interbasket.net/f72/2010-asian-games-other-sports-13516/

As for the medal count I believe it will be China then South Korea followed really closely by Japan. Iran and Kazakhstan will be competing for 4th place imo.

no I don't think so, 4th place is almost secured for Kazakhstan, Iran will be stronger than 2006 this year but still far behind the Kazakhs ! unfortunately Iran isn't really serious in women's sports and I'm sure you know why. eventough Iran is improving in women's sports but still our male athletes must compete against the other countries. Iran is good in 20 sports IMO but Wrestling, Taekwondo and Karate are the main hopes as usual.

If Lebanon participates in the sports above we definitely should be competing for gold medals

Edit: Just realized that Lebanon won't be participating in the rugby event :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union_at_the_2010_Asian_Games

And neither is Philippines!

Philippines and Lebanon won't participate in Rugby because your NOCs know they can't win any medal ! (for the same reason Iran won't participate too)

dear Khalid, you are good in Rugby League , it's Rugby Union !!! you just formed your NT in this sport last year !! and for the Philippines, they just won the 2nd Division (actually 3rd division) it doesn't mean that they can compete with Japan !! and please , for Asian Games it's just Rugby Sevens ! (smaller version of Rugby Union, like Futsal and Football) I never heard anything good about Philippines Rugby sevens national team !

about Rugby union , this page can give you a better idea about this sport in Asia, and notice that, China didn't send it's best team to this cup because they are preparing for Asian Games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Asian_Five_Nations

For shooting we have our great Ray Bassil who's goal is to qualify to the London Olympics but i'm not sure if she's participating in the Asian Games or not.
This is a link to her website:

I checked her profile, she looks good but I think you are underestimating the level of the Asian Games, yes some countries won't send their bests to the basketball event but it's just basketball and another 2 or 3 sports, but for the rest Asian Games is a very high level competition.

this (http://www.issf-sports.org/xmlresultpage.aspx?cshipid=909&resultkey=C00000_I_3107100800.1.TR75.0) is the result of the last WCh in shooting in trap event , your girl ranked 24th, it's a good result but you can see 7 asian shooters over her in ranking ! you must know Chinese, Japanese and Korean girls are extremely good ! so forget the women's medals !

Khalid80
10-20-2010, 06:09 AM

no I don't think so, 4th place is almost secured for Kazakhstan, Iran will be stronger than 2006 this year but still far behind the Kazakhs ! unfortunately Iran isn't really serious in women's sports and I'm sure you know why. eventough Iran is improving in women's sports but still our male athletes must compete against the other countries. Iran is good in 20 sports IMO but Wrestling, Taekwondo and Karate are the main hopes as usual.

Philippines and Lebanon won't participate in Rugby because your NOCs know they can't win any medal ! (for the same reason Iran won't participate too)

dear Khalid, you are good in Rugby League , it's Rugby Union !!! you just formed your NT in this sport last year !! and for the Philippines, they just won the 2nd Division (actually 3rd division) it doesn't mean that they can compete with Japan !! and please , for Asian Games it's just Rugby Sevens ! (smaller version of Rugby Union, like Futsal and Football) I never heard anything good about Philippines Rugby sevens national team !

about Rugby union , this page can give you a better idea about this sport in Asia, and notice that, China didn't send it's best team to this cup because they are preparing for Asian Games

I checked her profile, she looks good but I think you are underestimating the level of the Asian Games, yes some countries won't send their bests to the basketball event but it's just basketball and another 2 or 3 sports, but for the rest Asian Games is a very high level competition.

this (http://www.issf-sports.org/xmlresultpage.aspx?cshipid=909&resultkey=C00000_I_3107100800.1.TR75.0) is the result of the last WCh in shooting in trap event , your girl ranked 24th, it's a good result but you can see 7 asian shooters over her in ranking ! you must know Chinese, Japanese and Korean girls are extremely good ! so forget the women's medals !

I always fail to remember that there is rugby union and rugby league :D :o (Even though I remember that you explained to me the difference not a long time ago :D)

Thanks for the info. It seems that Ray's level has dropped somehow since I remember that she used to be amongst the top in Asia (as in always top 5) even though she is still young (22).
By the way this girl pays from her own money to train (her family pays for everything) and if only she had proper financing by our federation she would have reached a world class level (as when she was 15 or 16 she was already a great talent)

So will Iran be competing with Thailand for 5th place in this case?

donmar
10-20-2010, 06:15 AM

Correct, the Rugby Union event in the Asian Games is the Rugby Sevens.. and any form of rugby union in Asia.. rugby seven or rugby xv... any team that will play Japan will be annihilated as in the Japs will beat the crap out of them... the rest of Asia are miles away from the level of Japanese rugby... I'd say Japan (gold), South Korea (silver), and Hong Kong (bronze) will be the top three in Asian Games rugby event...

And the Philippines will not send the Volcanoes Sevens Team simply because the NOC thought that they only send teams that are capable of winning a medal... though, I'd say those wankers are piece of shits... teams will not improve if they are deprive to compete with the best...

dxjayrock2008
10-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Correct, the Rugby Union event in the Asian Games is the Rugby Sevens.. and any form of rugby union in Asia.. rugby seven or rugby xv... any team that will play Japan will be annihilated as in the Japs will beat the crap out of them... the rest of Asia are miles away from the level of Japanese rugby... I'd say Japan (gold), South Korea (silver), and Hong Kong (bronze) will be the top three in Asian Games rugby event...

And the Philippines will not send the Volcanoes Sevens Team simply because the NOC thought that they only send teams that are capable of winning a medal... though, I'd say those wankers are piece of shits... teams will not improve if they are deprive to compete with the best...

Damn! I'm expecting the Volcanoes to make a debut @ Asiad. :(

busy
10-20-2010, 09:57 AM

Agreed ,Iran and Kazakhstan and also Thailand and Uzbakistan are the best candidates for 4th place .But Iran and Kazakhstan have more chance and then honestly Kazakhstan is in upper hand.for this purpose we have to gain more than 20 gold (very hard)since gold medals have the most importance .I think one gold medal equal to 100 silver medals or even more

Our best sports are Wrestling , Taekwondo , Karate, Wushu , Weightlifting. I hope we take 12 gold medals from these sports.
Our next level medal contenders sports are Athletics (I hope Ehsan Haddadi and Sajjad Moradi give us 2 gold medal but not sure ),Boxing,Cycling, Rowing ,Sailing and Judo and also Traithlon .
Also in Basketball,Volleyball and Football and Hockey we have many chance.
Finally 5th or 6th place is enough for us.

mohsena2631
10-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the info. It seems that Ray's level has dropped somehow since I remember that she used to be amongst the top in Asia (as in always top 5) even though she is still young (22).
By the way this girl pays from her own money to train (her family pays for everything) and if only she had proper financing by our federation she would have reached a world class level (as when she was 15 or 16 she was already a great talent)

Basketball and Volleyball are my favourite sports but I'm following almost all of the sports in Asia , because it's my hobby/job or whatever. so I'm aware of the level of sports in all asian countries (especially west asians). unfortunately Lebanese NOC or government is moving in a wrong way, wasting money on naturalizing low level Romanian or Serbian handballers or Bulgarian volleyballers won't help you in a long term ! in Iran we always blame the government and PEO (something like sports ministry) for wasting the talents but surely even our bad system is still better than yours.

So will Iran be competing with Thailand for 5th place in this case?

Iran, Thailand, Taiwan, North Korea, Uzbekistan and India will compete for 5th-10th places. but if you ask me, Iran has the better chance for the 5th place.

yeah, I'm definitely agree with you, Iran pulled out from some sports (like Rugby and Water polo) in the last day for the same reason and s stupid policy. You can't win without losing some games and you can't learn without facing major difficulties at times.

Our best sports are Wrestling , Taekwondo , Karate, Wushu , Weightlifting. I hope we take 12 gold medals from these sports.
Our next level medal contenders sports are Athletics (I hope Ehsan Haddadi and Sajjad Moradi give us 2 gold medal but not sure ),Boxing,Cycling, Rowing ,Sailing and Judo and also Traithlon .
Also in Basketball,Volleyball and Football and Hockey we have many chance.
Finally 5th or 6th place is enough for us.

OMG ! Sailing ? Triathlon ? Hockey ?? these sports aren't even fully active here !! we won't participate in Triathlon and Hockey because we are very weak (field hockey is not even exist here, we are asian champion in indoor hockey, which is a different sport) and for Sailing, it will be our first international presence, so nobody knows what will happen.

I know you are very "busy" but read this article (http://www.mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetail.aspx?NewsID=1166832) to know which sports we will field teams for !!!

busy
10-22-2010, 01:44 PM
OMG ! Sailing ? Triathlon ? Hockey ?? these sports aren't even fully active here !! we won't participate in Triathlon and Hockey because we are very weak (field hockey is not even exist here, we are asian champion in indoor hockey, which is a different sport) and for Sailing, it will be our first international presence, so nobody knows what will happen.

I know you are very "busy" but read this article (http://www.mehrnews.com/fa/newsdetail.aspx?NewsID=1166832) to know which sports we will field teams for !!!

Sorry dude,I thought it's indoor hockey But Sailing!!!! let's see .I didn't read this article when I wrote my post If we won't participate in some events it doesn't mean we are weak.It's because of financial problems.All of countries like to send 2000 athletes in the games but is it possible ??? it's depend on their money :)

mohsena2631
10-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Sorry dude,I thought it's indoor hockey But Sailing!!!! let's see .I didn't read this article when I wrote my post If we won't participate in some events it doesn't mean we are weak.It's because of financial problems.All of countries like to send 2000 athletes in the games but is it possible ??? it's depend on their money :)

surely Iran has enough money to send 10000 athlets to Asian Games but only 370 will participate because only these athletes can win the medal ! (even though not all of them, maybe 340 of them)

currently We are weak in Triathlon, Sailing and Hockey (Hockey = Field Hockey). the last time we sent a field hockey team to a tournament we lost by 8 goals to Oman !

in Sailing, we are VERY new, Sailing will participate because the federation (Fedrasioone Ghayeghrani) want to know our current level after 2 years, they did the same for Rowing 4years ago, Iran starts Rowing in 2004, after two years they were terrible in Doha 2006 but now after 6years they are going for some medals and even 1 gold.

and for triathlon (Segane) , it's funny, I wonder where you heard that we are good in this sport ! Triathlon is VERY new too, we even can't think about the medal in Triathlon , at least for 4/5 years.

--------------------------------------------------
since I'm fully aware of the situation of these sports in Iran, (except the few) I can divide these 44 sports to 6 levels for Iran

Level A:, in elite level, top 3 of Asia
Wrestling, Taekwondo, Karate, Wushu, Basketball, Volleyball, Kabaddi

Level B:, among the top 5 or 6, very strong medal favourite
Weightlifting, Cycling, Canoeing, Football, Judo, Rowing, Boxing, Athletics

Level C:, at least a medal contender
Fencing, Chess, Dragon boat, Shooting, Beach Volleyball, Handball

Level D:, not a medal contender but in a improving way or close to the podium
Archery, Water polo, Table tennis, Badminton, Billiards, Roller sports, Rugby, Squash

Level E:, not in a good level, still far from the asian medals
Diving, Swimming, Triathlon, Sailing, Bowling, Cricket, Equestrianism, Golf, Sepaktakraw, Tennis

Level F:, very low level or not exist
Modern Pentathlon, Dancesport, Baseball, Hockey, Soft Tennis, Softball, Synchro Swimming, Weiqi, Xiangqi

at the end , I'm glad to say that for the first time a basketballer will carry the Iranian flag in openning ceremony, Samad Nikkhah Bahrami.

weward
10-24-2010, 04:10 AM
Less thing to worry about the sport of boxing...
Aiba has suspended the Amateur Boxing Association of Thailand and its president Taweep Jantararoj, claiming that Gen Taweep has continuously violated Aiba's ethics and disciplinary codes. - post was read in pacland..posted by tristancruz :)

and the bad news
The RP paddlers, which won gold medals in the men’s and women’s divisions of the 2009 World Championships in the Czech Republic, were dropped by the POC(Philippine Olympic Committee) from the Asian Games roster despite doing so well in the 200m and 500m trials.!!!!:mad::( - post was read in pacland..posted by tristancruz :)

:eek:
-the issue that i remember was that the trial that was done got the POC suspicious because the results were out of this world! as the RP paddlers were so good!

dxjayrock2008
10-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Less thing to worry about the sport of boxing...
Aiba has suspended the Amateur Boxing Association of Thailand and its president Taweep Jantararoj, claiming that Gen Taweep has continuously violated Aiba's ethics and disciplinary codes. - post was read in pacland..posted by tristancruz :)

and the bad news
The RP paddlers, which won gold medals in the men’s and women’s divisions of the 2009 World Championships in the Czech Republic, were dropped by the POC(Philippine Olympic Committee) from the Asian Games roster despite doing so well in the 200m and 500m trials.!!!!:mad::( - post was read in pacland..posted by tristancruz :)

:eek:
-the issue that i remember was that the trial that was done got the POC suspicious because the results were out of this world! as the RP paddlers were so good!

That's good news for our boxers! I despised the Thais! Lol. :D:p

Damn! Why in the freaking world did POC dropped our rowing team?!:mad::(

donmar
10-24-2010, 11:34 AM
That's good news for our boxers! I despised the Thais! Lol. :D:p

Damn! Why in the freaking world did POC dropped our rowing team?!:mad::(

Because they have this mentally that Filipino cannot compete in a world-class level.. and seeing our paddlers perform in a world class level they thought something is wrong... tsk tsk tsk tsk Onli en da Pilipins!...

They probably want to save money by sending least athletes to Asiad for there "pockets"...

But thats just my opinion...

dxjayrock2008
10-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Because they have this mentally that Filipino cannot compete in a world-class level.. and seeing our paddlers perform in a world class level they thought something is wrong... tsk tsk tsk tsk Onli en da Pilipins!...

They probably want to save money by sending least athletes to Asiad for there "pockets"...

But thats just my opinion...

Hopefully our rowing team will be funded by MVP. Lol. :):D

donmar
10-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Hopefully our rowing team will be funded by MVP. Lol. :):D

its quite sad to see our world champions of their sports discipline not giving a chance to win a medal simply because their performances are too much for POC's standard... as if POC are expecting mediocre and average performance from our athletes..

Anyway, let's "beware" that this bad news comes from "pacland forum" (no offence to paclanders out there).. not from news reports... despite the laziness and biases of the Philippine media.. they are far more reliable sources than a forum.. unless of course the rowing fans have their own direct source from the athletes or the national association (rowing)... someone, much like our source here (and his name is definitely not namamangha by the way)...

than11
10-25-2010, 03:40 PM
^^It's the dragon boat team, not the rowing team. Similar sports but definitely not the same. Only China have a realistic chance to beat these teams(Philippine men and women teams). What's wrong with the standards that POC set? They were Asian standards, our teams are world beaters. Result: They smashed the qualifying time set by POC. LOL..They should have held back and just beat the qualifying time by mere whiskers and they're in...pathetic POC...

reamily
11-13-2010, 01:35 PM
A not so good day for the filipino athletes as expectewd by some the pool players were upset by much unheralded opponents

kaiziken_pinas
11-14-2010, 05:33 AM
1st day : we had our asses handed to us

donmar
11-15-2010, 01:50 AM
^^It's the dragon boat team, not the rowing team. Similar sports but definitely not the same. Only China have a realistic chance to beat these teams(Philippine men and women teams). What's wrong with the standards that POC set? They were Asian standards, our teams are world beaters. Result: They smashed the qualifying time set by POC. LOL..They should have held back and just beat the qualifying time by mere whiskers and they're in...pathetic POC...

thanks for the correction:)

dxjayrock2008
11-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Follow the link here--->http://www.gz2010.cn/info/ENG_ENG/ZZ/ZZM195A_@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ENG.html

Baller Jobe
11-15-2010, 06:56 AM
It looks like the Philippine team will get its first gold today. Biboy Rivera, fresh from his third place finish in last month's Bowling World Cup, is the hot favorite to win the gold in the men's singles bowling event.

Fingers crossed!

dxjayrock2008
11-15-2010, 09:27 AM
It looks like the Philippine team will get its first gold today. Biboy Rivera, fresh from his third place finish in last month's Bowling World Cup, is the hot favorite to win the gold in the men's singles bowling event.

Fingers crossed!

Latest medal tally--->http://www.gz2010.cn/info/ENG_ENG/ZZ/ZZM195A_@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ENG.html

We're back in the driver's seat baby! Woohoo!

kerouac82
11-15-2010, 09:32 AM

Fingers crossed!

We got our wish. Rivera just won the gold in men's singles. Another Pinoy, Frederick Ong, got bronze. Good day for PHL so far.

dxjayrock2008
11-15-2010, 09:33 AM
http://www.gz2010.cn/info//Nav/BIOS/navigation/photo/2680/268063.gif

Bowling - ENGELBERTO RIVERA - Biography

ENGELBERTO RIVERA
ENGELBERTO RIVERA
NOC : Philippines Philippines
Birth Date: 25/03/1974
Height ( m / in): 1.70/5'6''
Weight ( Kg / lbs): 68/150
Events Inscribed:
Men's Singles
Medals:
Gold Gold - Men's Singles

Start Time Location Event Participants Results Status Available
Information
15 Nov
9:00 Tianhe Bowling Hall
Lane 12 Men's Singles Squad A

dxjayrock2008
11-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Philippines
Official Communications | Multimedallists
Philippines - NOC Medallist by Sport

Discipline Name Date Event Medal
Bowling Bowling ENGELBERTO RIVERA Monday, 15 November Men's Singles Gold Gold
FREDERICK ONG Monday, 15 November Men's Singles Bronze Bronze
DanceSport DanceSport Philippines Sunday, 14 November Latin - Cha-cha-cha Bronze Bronze
Philippines Sunday, 14 November Latin - Paso Doble Bronze Bronze

mm_jee
11-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Philippines

DanceSport DanceSport Philippines Sunday, 14 November Latin - Cha-cha-cha Bronze Bronze

mabuhay team pilipinas! hope you'll bring home more medals...

reamily
11-15-2010, 11:01 AM
the phil swimming team finished 4th technically in 4x200 freestyle finals singapore should be 4th but they are disqualifiedd, bur still interesting sea games next year although pt isn't a close 4th the third placer R.O Korea finished 6 secs. earlier

mm_jee
11-16-2010, 06:50 AM
you can watch asian games at this link
http://stariray.info/asian-games-2010-online-streaming

TrueBluePinoy
11-16-2010, 07:24 AM
the phil swimming team finished 4th technically in 4x200 freestyle finals singapore should be 4th but they are disqualifiedd, bur still interesting sea games next year although pt isn't a close 4th the third placer R.O Korea finished 6 secs. earlier

were they using recently banned hydrodynamic swimwear just like in the SEA games??

reamily
11-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I do not blame people to continue support basketball because of some dissapointment or expectations not met by sports we should excel Charlie Suarez one our top medal prospects bow to kazakh opponent with a not so good score of 6-1 looks like the fairer AIBA ruling did not favor us you know what I mean:eek:

I do not want to read a taller and lanky excuse for the Kazakh opponent

its a excuse for mediocrity imo

reamily
11-16-2010, 11:07 AM
were they using recently banned hydrodynamic swimwear just like in the SEA games??

I am not sure although its a boner for them to commit the same mistake it may be the old case of jumping to the pool while the other swimmer still not tapping the start/finish line

mohsena2631
11-17-2010, 07:21 PM
today we lost in basketball and It is very hard to swallow but at least I can say 17th November was a very good day for the Iranian delegation. Iran won 5 gold medals in just a day, all of them in combat sports, and surprisingly one of them in women's events ! first gold medal for an iranian woman after 36 years !

TrueBluePinoy
11-18-2010, 05:15 AM
Dennis Orcollo and Warren Kiamco will face off in the finals of the 9 ball singles. Add 1 gold and 1 silver for RP.

Dennis Orcollo defeats Warren Kiamco for "formalities". 2nd gold, 1st silver overall for Philippines.

dxjayrock2008
11-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Asian Games Update: Team Pinas has 2 golds, 1 silver and 4 bronze medals. Go Team Pinas!

dxjayrock2008
11-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Philippines

Billiard Sports Billiard Sports ORCOLLO Dennis Thursday, 18 November Men's 9-Ball Pool Singles Gold Gold
KIAMCO Warren Thursday, 18 November Men's 9-Ball Pool Singles Silver Silver
Wushu Wushu EDDIVA Mark Wednesday, 17 November Men's Sanshou 65kg Bronze Bronze

dxjayrock2008
11-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Latest medal standings in 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou, China.--->http://www.gz2010.cn/info/ENG_ENG/ZZ/ZZM195A_@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ENG.html

bhinov
11-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Congrats to the Robocop! Godbless our athletes

dxjayrock2008
11-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Live stream 2010 Asian Games.--->http://www.alkass.net/live_plus.aspx

sinobball
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/yemen/8140200/Cheerleaders-blamed-for-Yemen-beach-volleyball-defeat.html

splitzapper
11-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Kinda reminds me of Spike Lee during the Pacers vs Knicks play offs in the 90's. A little bit of OT; have you seen 30 for 30 by ESPN?

@ Sino: Aren't you get tired of China always winning and by a large margin the ASIAN GAMES? Don't you want to relax for a while and let others win? :p

dxjayrock2008
11-19-2010, 03:44 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/yemen/8140200/Cheerleaders-blamed-for-Yemen-beach-volleyball-defeat.html

Lol. Team Yemen are bunch of sore losers. What's wrong with these bikini-clad cheerleaders? :D:p

kerouac82
11-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Lol. Team Yemen are bunch of sore losers. What's wrong with these bikini-clad cheerleaders? :D:p

Watching highlights from the gymnastics events on Al-Jazeera right now. I hope the Yemeni men's volleyball team isn't watching that channel too :P

than11
11-19-2010, 01:59 PM

hahaha! Like they were the only team who saw the cheerleaders..:D:D
Have to be one of the worst excuses ever..:D

raichu08
11-19-2010, 02:21 PM
As for the projected medal tally, of course for China this is just the Asian Games.:D My top 5 results would be the same as of 2006.

1. China
2. South Korea
3. Japan
4. Kazakhstan
5. Thailand

Thailand seems to be dropping the ball on this year's Asiad. they are on the lower half of the medal tally while we are in the middle.

Anyways, If the asiad is finished whatever the result, I hope Filipinos would not give the "Magaling naman tayo sa singing" (we are good at singing) excuse seen everytime we fail at sporting events time and time again.

dxjayrock2008
11-21-2010, 05:27 AM
Latest medal standings in 2010 Asian Games--->http://www.gz2010.cn/info/ENG_ENG/ZZ/ZZM195A_@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ENG.html

dxjayrock2008
11-21-2010, 05:30 AM

Billiard Sports Billiard Sports ORCOLLO Dennis Thursday, 18 November Men's 9-Ball Pool Singles Gold Gold
Golf Golf TABUENA Miguel Lui.. Saturday, 20 November Men's Individual Silver Silver
Taekwondo Taekwondo LIZARDO John Paul Saturday, 20 November Men's Under 54kg Bronze Bronze
ROMERO Paul Saturday, 20 November Men's Under 58kg Bronze Bronze
GO Tshomlee Friday, 19 November Men's Under 63kg Bronze Bronze
ALORA Kirstie Elai.. Saturday, 20 November Women's Under 73kg Bronze Bronze

than11
11-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Philippine chess team is on a roll, beating highly rated teams of India and Uzbekistan, and currently at second place thus assuring us of a slot in semis with a round to spare. Could most probably face India which they had already beaten in one of the previous rounds. China is assured of top seeding in the KO semis round and is the only team that had beaten the Philippines thus far.
GMs Wesley So and Rogelio Antonio are proving to be too hard to crack at the top 2 boards..even China's Hydra GM's could only settle for draws on them. I hope the lower board guys, GMs Eugene Torre and JP Gomez(or even GM Darwin Laylo if fielded in) maintain their form of late. Aside from boxing, I think chess is our only real chance for gold among the remaining contested events.

than11
11-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Remember the Philippine Dragon Boat team? Well, Indonesia took home 3 golds and 3 silvers. China took 3 golds and 2 bronzes. Myanmar had 3 silvers and Thailand should be happy with their 3 bronzes, so with Korea on their single bronze output. What I mean is, with all due respect to these teams and what they have achieved, I think Philippines have a very very good chance of beating any of them..

I can't help but sigh..knowing that we sent 2 xiangqi players with absolutely no chance of winning.

sinobball
11-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Even Hong Kong is 7th in gold medals...

I don't follow other sports, but this girl from HK impressed me. She only won silver but deserves 10 gold medals.
http://www.cnngo.com/hong-kong/play/wong-wan-yiu-cycles-while-agony-win-silver-asian-games-250129

mohsena2631
11-24-2010, 07:54 PM
another golden day for Iran with 4 golds and Iran is currently 4th (best possible rank) in the medal table with 16 gold medals ! (second best result in asian games history after 1974 Tehran Asian Games)

surprisingly Kazakhs are ranked below us !! and if we count only the men's medals, Iran is just 4 golds away from Japan !

Khalid80
11-24-2010, 09:14 PM
another golden day for Iran with 4 golds and Iran is currently 4th (best possible rank) in the medal table with 16 gold medals ! (second best result in asian games history after 1974 Tehran Asian Games)

surprisingly Kazakhs are ranked below us !! and if we count only the men's medals, Iran is just 4 golds away from Japan !

;) (posted on 19/10)

dxjayrock2008
11-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Philippines

Boxing Boxing SALUDAR Rey Thursday, 25 November Men's 52kg Gold Gold
ALBANIA Annie Thursday, 25 November Women's 48-51kg Silver Silver
SALUDAR Victorio I.. Wednesday, 24 November Men's 46-49kg Bronze Bronze
Golf Golf TABUENA Miguel Lui.. Saturday, 20 November Men's Individual Silver Silver
Taekwondo Taekwondo LIZARDO John Paul Saturday, 20 November Men's Under 54kg Bronze Bronze
ROMERO Paul Saturday, 20 November Men's Under 58kg Bronze Bronze
GO Tshomlee Friday, 19 November Men's Under 63kg Bronze Bronze
ALORA Kirstie Elai.. Saturday, 20 November Women's Under 73kg Bronze Bronze

dxjayrock2008
11-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Latest medal tally--->http://www.gz2010.cn/info/ENG_ENG/ZZ/ZZM195A_@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ENG.html

mohsena2631
11-25-2010, 08:29 PM
;) (posted on 19/10)

what a prediction ! Kazaskhtan won 8 golds in a day and (as you said) Iran and Kazakhstan will be competing for 4th place in the last day of the games !

Iran won another 3 golds today and I am expecting 2 more golds in the last day.

mohsena2631
11-27-2010, 01:18 PM
I am expecting 2 more golds in the last day.

nooo :(:mad: we lost the volleyball final !!

end of the asian games, Iran finished 4th in the medal table with 20 G, 14 S and 25 B ! it's a quite good result comparing to previous games. but as an Iranian I know our potential and I know we can win much more.

These 20 gold medals came from Wrestling (7), Wushu (3), Taekwondo (3), Karate (2), Athletics (2), Weightlifting (1), Canoeing (1) and Rowing (1). looks like we are really good in combat sports :D

Iranian girls won 14 medals (including 1 gold) and it's a great result comparing to Doha, when they won only 2 Bronze medals !

---------

this is the most interesting gold to me, when the younger brother (Amir Moradi) sacrificed himself for his older brother and Sajad Moradi easily won the gold, first gold for Iran in track events after 36 years !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiXP9m-rrcU