Two-year-old Indonesian toddler smokes 40 cigarettes a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-year-old Indonesian toddler smokes 40 cigarettes a day

Too unfit to run: Two-year-old who smokes 40 cigarettes a day puffs away on a toy truck
    By Mail Foreign Service

Taking a deep drag on his cigarette while resting on the steering wheel of his truck, he looks like a parody of a middle-aged lorry driver.

But the image covers up a much more disturbing truth: At just the tender age of two, Ardi Rizal's health has been so ruined by his 40-a-day habit that he now struggles to move by himself.

The four-stone Indonesia toddler is certainly far too unfit to run around with other children - and his condition is set to rapidly deteriorate.

But, despite local officials' offer to buy the Rizal family a new car if the boy quits, his parents feel unable to stop him because he throws massive tantrums if they don't indulge him.

His mother, Diana, 26, wept: 'He's totally addicted. If he doesn't get cigarettes, he gets angry and screams and batters his head against the wall. He tells me he feels dizzy and sick.'

Ardi will smoke only one brand and his habit costs his parents £3.78 a day in Musi Banyuasin, in Indonesia's South Sumatra province.

But in spite of this, his fishmonger father Mohammed, 30, said: 'He looks pretty healthy to me. I don't see the problem.'
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0pEcZeKmK

I remember my go-kart when I was in the 2nd grade.

Comment

Lol, when he is 40, he will have 2 a day, i hope so...
      "Without Bach, God would be a complete second rate figure. Bach's music is the only argument proving the creation of the Universe cannot be regarded a complete failure" - Emil Cioran

Comment

Looks like his father thinks he looks very manly smoking at that age. It's ridiculous. It's clear someone consciously got him used to smoking.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Led00 View Post
          Lol, when he is 40, he will have 2 a day, i hope so...
          Not sure if he can survive that long...
          Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
          Looks like his father thinks he looks very manly smoking at that age. It's ridiculous. It's clear someone consciously got him used to smoking.
          While I don't disagree with you, he does look very manly (i.e. badass)... Look at the 2nd picture, a cigarette in one hand and a gun in another... Jack Nicholson, Robert De Niro, Sean Connery, Chow Yun-Fat ain't got nothing on this kid...(Not to mention that he also looks like Chairman Mao in that picture...)
          aim low, score high

Comment

he must be Tottenham hotspurs fans..

*for you who didnt get it : Tottenham sponsored by Indonesian Cigarette company
            "BHINEKA TUNGGAL IKA"

Comment

What the Hell!
              It seems his parents don't give a shit if their son dies (or they just don't seem to know that cigarettes can actually kill you)

Actually after thinking about it, i don't blame the parents. I mean what can you expect from a kid whose father is a fishmonger (No offense to anyone whose father is a fishmonger)

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                What the Hell!
                Actually after thinking about it, i don't blame the parents. I mean what can you expect from a kid whose father is a fishmonger (No offense to anyone whose father is a fishmonger)
                I didn't get this. What's wrong with being a fishmonger?

Sorry but I cannot help it; those first two pictures look extremely funny!
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                  I didn't get this. What's wrong with being a fishmonger?

Sorry but I cannot help it; those first two pictures look extremely funny!
                  Maybe u misunderstood what I was trying to say.

Where I come from fishmongers are usually from a poor uneducated class whom usually are illiterate.

Comment

Well I know some people who has been smoking since 4 years old. They are not very athletic, but have great health. They are in middle twenties now. Of course 40 cigarettes per day is unimaginable even for them.

This kid looks cool

Comment

Disgusting. I hope this story is fake. I'm sure there is some truth to it, but I hope it's greatly exaggerated.
                      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                        Disgusting. I hope this story is fake. I'm sure there is some truth to it, but I hope it's greatly exaggerated.
                        I know for a fact that in most Asian countries smoking rate is much higher than the rest of the world. I also know in rural China, kids smoking is not that unusual either. It's a terrible practice that should be blamed on the parents and the culture, but it's no more disgusting than many First World country kids (or dogs/cats) being overfed and could barely get off the couch.
                        aim low, score high

Comment

Smoke weed, users report less depression and can cure blindness.
                          Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                          16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                          Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                          8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

His father introduced him to smoking at only 18 months old so he could become a tourist attraction and earn $5.00 per day. Shame.

Comment

i totally love this bad ass look from him
                              you know why I am happy

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information