Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBL INDONESIA ( New Name of IBL) New season, New hope, for Indonesia

NBL Indonesia (The New IBL) • New season, New hope, for Indonesia

Highest basketball league in Indonesia now had a new identity. Indonesian Basketball League (IBL), which has been running since 2003, is now renamed the National Basketball League (NBL) of Indonesia.

Name change was officially announced in the Ballroom at the Four Seasons Jakarta, last night (25 / 5), by Azrul Ananda, director of PT DBL Indonesia, the new manager of IBL. In that event, the season schedule and other changes are also presented. These include increasing the number of matches significantly.

Guests from abroad, among others, Sam Perkins and Sue Wicks, the NBA and WNBA basketball legend who is currently present in Indonesia for sports programs Envoy of the United States Embassy. Then there was Andrew Vlahov, Australian basketball legend, representing Australia Basketball Australia and NBL. Also present were Tan Kee Han, Malaysia NBL commissioner.

10 Clubs of NBL season 2010-2011:

1. CLS Knights Surabaya
    2. Aspac Jakarta
    3. Citra Satria Jakarta
    4. Bima Sakti Malang
    5. Pelita Jaya Jakarta
    6. Stadium Jakarta
    7. Garuda Bandung
    8. Muba Hangtuah Sumatra Selatan
    9. Angsapura Salatiga
    10. Satria Muda Jakarta

NBL Indonesia
    "BHINEKA TUNGGAL IKA"

I love the logo, much better compared to the ABL and some leagues here in Philippines.
    you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro View Post
      I love the logo, much better compared to the ABL and some leagues here in Philippines.
      no wonder,the new manager of IBL, Azrul Ananda's business is around media and advertising, he also the owner of one of the biggest newspaper in Indonesia,

his competitor on Indonesian basketball scheme is Erik Thohir the owner Satria Muda Jakarta, the most Dominant club in Indonesian League.
      "BHINEKA TUNGGAL IKA"

Comment

what about Satria Muda or possibly other teams involvement in the ABL?

Erick Thohir is a honcho in the regional league

Comment

..oh that'ds nice to Indonesia,I Think this is one of the biggest pay for play
          league in Southeast asia next to the PBA...
          sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
            what about Satria Muda or possibly other teams involvement in the ABL?

Erick Thohir is a honcho in the regional league
            Erick did said, that another Indonesian club will entering the ABL,but we still dont know what Club is that? * I pray for Garuda*
            "BHINEKA TUNGGAL IKA"

Comment

This is good for Indonesian and South East Asian basketball. Not to mention you also have an organized youth league, the DetEksi Basketball League, which can be envisioned as a feeder for this professional league.

Originally posted by satria_muda View Post
              Then there was Andrew Vlahov, Australian basketball legend, representing Basketball Australia and NBL.
              A good relationship with your neighbor Australia will be very ideal since they can be a source of not just imports for this league, but also coaches.

If Singapore and Brunei, countries that aren't really known for basketball, were able to attract Frank Arsego and Simon Conn respectively, there shouldn't be a reason why Indonesia can't do the same.
              Last edited by c_d; 05-27-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satria_muda View Post
                Erick did said, that another Indonesian club will entering the ABL,but we still dont know what Club is that? * I pray for Garuda*
                Do the leagues work together so that the schedules don't overlap? What determines who joins the ABL from the NBL? What if Satria Muda sucked in the NBL this year will they still represent Indonesia in the ABL?
                aim low, score high

Comment

Sino, Satria is a ballclub member of ABL. Win or lose they will play in the ABL. Last time I heard another Indonesian b ball club is joining the ABL.

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                    Do the leagues work together so that the schedules don't overlap? What determines who joins the ABL from the NBL? What if Satria Muda sucked in the NBL this year will they still represent Indonesia in the ABL?
                    Jerby already answered your question but I will add little bit,

ABL is Erick Tohir's baby, so I dont think he will give up that easy whatever the result is...
                    beside as the owner of satria muda, IMO he know his club need more competition with better clubs for many reason and in Indonesia only one or two, I would call strong club.
                    "BHINEKA TUNGGAL IKA"

Comment

Thanks, I just thought it interesting because the Indonesian clubs will be the only ABL clubs to play in 2 leagues.
                      aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                        Thanks, I just thought it interesting because the Indonesian clubs will be the only ABL clubs to play in 2 leagues.
                        true maybe Garuda and Cebu Ninos will be next in line, better not under estimate the ninos without freeman and Dixon in Phil Patriots Ninos is far superior team
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Rejuvinated Indonesian Basketball season

Indonesia. The National Basketball League has cleared all 153 players for participation in the coming season, hurdling the first step toward what officials are calling a rejuvenated tournament.
                          League officials recently ran through the rosters of all 10 teams to make sure the players contracts were properly set.
                          Bella Erwin Harahap, chief of the board of commissioners, on Thursday confirmed that all players had been cleared to play.
                          Our next step now is to announce the schedule, Bella said. We plan to come up with more ways to rejuvenate the tournament and boost the development of basketball in the country as a whole. But we want to take it one step at a time.
                          Playing with a tight rotation during the preseason tournament, Garuda Flexi Bandung has decided to overhaul its lineup.
                          After asking for more time to decide on his future, guard Denny Sumargo (183-G-81) has signed a contract to play for another year with the Bandung club. Before committing to Garuda, Denny considered offers from Pelita Jaya Esia and Aspac Jakarta.
                          Ive decided to stay because I share the same goals as Garuda Flexi, Denny said on the NBLs official Web site. Now thats over, I have to work very hard because Ive been off the court for four months.
                          Garuda also beefed up its front court with the acquisition of Fadlan Minallah from Citra Satria Jakarta. It also secured point guard Wendha Wijaya from Satria Muda Britama in a trade for Mario Wuysang, who will play for Satrida Muda in the Asean Basketball League.
                          Pelita has been boosted by the arrival from Bima Sakti Malang of power forward Dimas Aryo Dewanto, whose acquisition was meant to fill the position to be vacated by Andi Poedjakusuma, who had been expected to miss the entire season due to injury.
                          However, after a medical check-up in the Philippines, Andi was told he only needed to undergo therapy for two months before he could play again.
                          At Pelita, Dimas will join former Bima Sakti teammate Ponsianus Nyoman Indrawan, who joined the club earlier this year.
                          The leagues commissioner, Azrul Ananda, said all clubs would be able to trade players during the regular season in order to promote competition.
                          Clubs will be allowed to make trades or add new players between the third and fourth series, if they need to strengthen their rosters, he said.

The NBL season tips off on Oct. 16 at Surabayas DBL Arena . (Jakarta Globe)

Comment

hopefully NBL will have more ball clubs in the future.

Comment

i wish they expand it to the teams outside Java in these next years
                              or at least replace the teams, they have too many Jakarta teams

well it just started

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information