The Event Pacquiao vs Clottey Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Event Pacquiao vs Clottey Fight

Pacquiao vs Clottey Fight is on already!

Hours to count and we will witness the fight.
    Any reactions, comments and opinions on March 13 fight with challenger Joshua Clottey?
    Watch PVL games online live | UAAP Live Updates

pacquiao wins over a punching bag, I was disappointed with Clottey, never showed any of dirty moves inside the ring.
    you know why I am happy

Comment

1,231 punches by pacquiao against 399 by clottey (according to yahoo sports)...

Comment

The radio commentators sure did a good job making the fight appear more exciting than it really was
        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

it would have been more exciting if i just counted the tiles in my bathroom. got drunk after my 2nd bottle of san mig lite. that's how boring the fight was.

Comment

Originally posted by lovejones View Post
            it would have been more exciting if i just counted the tiles in my bathroom. got drunk after my 2nd bottle of san mig lite. that's how boring the fight was.
            and i thought Pacquiao will never be in a boring fight...

well what do you know... along came clotteypid sa suntok.
            You've got to have it to win it

Comment

Props to Clottey for trying his best. Manny was just too quick and too strong for him. Clottey is still a great boxer. Who is next?
              Paquiao Pounds Clottey -- March 14, 2010, by Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports

...It was another magnificent performance in a string of them for Pacquiao, who fired an astronomical 1,231 punches at Clottey. Clottey kept his hands high in front of his face and rarely took a chance, fighting cautiously to avoid a knockout....

Clottey wasn’t much of a challenge to Pacquiao, who was better in every phase of the game. Looming large over Pacquiao’s future, however, is the specter of unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr...

...A Pacquiao-Mayweather bout would be a legitimate fight for the ages, a rare match that would be as even and compelling as any made in more than a quarter of a century.

....If Mayweather holds up his end of the bargain, though, and wins against Mosley, neither Mayweather nor Pacquiao may have any other option but to fight each other. And that bout would pit a defensive genius with uncanny instincts and blazing-fast hands against an offensive savant who adds nuance to his game each time out.

...Arum...suggested that Pacquiao would be able to solve Mayweather’s defense.

“Manny will break down any defense because he throws a million punches,” Arum said. “He threw 1,200 tonight. If Mayweather doesn’t break out of the [defensive] shell, Manny would just pile up the points.

...It won’t be so easy to get at Mayweather’s body, and not simply because Mayweather has a jab that he uses expertly to keep opponents at bay.

Mayweather is an expert at angles and blocks a lot of punches by using the shoulder roll, or using his shoulder to guard the vulnerable areas of his body....

...For a long time, as the public has begun to ask for a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight, Mayweather’s team has played a game of semantics and insisted that Pacquiao hadn’t called out Mayweather.

Of course it’s ridiculous and it’s taking advantage of someone who comes not only from a different culture but who has English as a second language.

Pacquiao, though, made it clear on Saturday that he wants to stand across from Mayweather the next time out.

“I want that fight, but it’s up to him,” Pacquiao said. “I’m ready to fight any time. Maybe if Mosley wins, I’ll fight him. Floyd’s style isn’t that difficult, though.”

There’s a long way to go before a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout could be realistically discussed....

...“Manny Pacquiao,” Clottey said after the fight, “is without a doubt the very best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.”
              With every fight that happens, I keep hoping for Pacquiao-Mayweather. Unfortunately, that fight keeps looking more and more distant.
              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                Props to Clottey for trying his best. Manny was just too quick and too strong for him. Clottey is still a great boxer. Who is next?
                What?
                Clottey did nothing for most of the fight, he got up there not to fight but to survive, that's not what i understand as trying his best.
                Cotto tried his best and gave us a great fight, Clottey was just collecting a check.
                Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
                You are a troll.

Comment

see pacquiao's secret moves against clottey (the pompyang punch popularized by the deceased Filipino icon fernando poe jr.)

you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by penzias View Post
                    What?
                    Clottey did nothing for most of the fight, he got up there not to fight but to survive, that's not what i understand as trying his best.
                    Cotto tried his best and gave us a great fight, Clottey was just collecting a check.
                    It's true that Clottey didn't put up very much. It's also true that Cotto gave Manny a few punches before he fell down. But Penzias, it's not really fair to expect Clottey to do much against Manny because Clottey was knocked down in the first round by Cotto. So, yeah, you're probably right that Clottey didn't do much during the fight, but that's about all he could do.
                    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

The Event Pacquiao vs Clottey Fight

It was a good fight though it was a one man show. The fight was totally boring.
                      Gabrielkun Blog | Canelo Alvarez vs Angulo Tickets | Pacquiao vs Bradley Tickets Tickets

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information