what should lebanon do to qualify to the second round in world cup 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should lebanon do to qualify to the second round in world cup 2010

the Lebanese nt was placed in a group that could be the strongest or the weakest depending on the nt's coming of Canada and the others but what should we do in each case should we do our best against Lithuania and France or it may cause us loosing in the end like the scenario of 2006 ?

Originally posted by nader View Post
    what should we do in each case should we do our best against Lithuania and France or it may cause us loosing in the end like the scenario of 2006 ?
    pray!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_...asketball_team

Comment

simple. Win more than 3 games. It's a gargantuan task though. But i know you guys can do it! We Pinoys support the Lebanese NT.

Comment

the Lebanese nt was placed in a group that could be the strongest or the weakest depending on the nt's coming of Canada and the others but what should we do in each case should we do our best against Lithuania and France or it may cause us loosing in the end like the scenario of 2006 ?
        man the lebanese players are used to play 7 games in 8 days...dubai tournament - asian cup - arab cup....
        we should not forget about any game in the group...our main goal should also be in giving out good performance against any team...and why not win?
        History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

give 100 % against canada and newzealand and we might pull it through.the others are out of reach i believe.

Comment

Spain and Lithuania are out of reach. France will not do the same mistake this summer and will defintely beat us. Canada is without any doubt better than Lebanon but with a very good prepation we might have a chance. If we lose against NZ, then..forget about it.

Comment

Pray all the nights!

Seriously I think Lebanon will fight mano a mano(hand to hand) vs New Zealand and give all the power versus Canada...
              Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
              16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
              Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
              8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Technically we are very close to NZ and maybe a little better.If our team could find the chemistry needed,i would say that our chances is 60-40 but if not it will be 0-100

Canada remains tricky,many changes might take place including the addition of Bonner or the exclusion of Dalembert.So we have to wait what kind of roster they will send but anyway our chances vs Canada is 40-60 in the current moment!

Lithuania and France are both tough teams and way above us,if lithuania played with the same team of the last Euros,we will avoid a 20 pts loss and we will keep it btw 10-20 and in the best winning by 1
                France is now very aware that Lebanon isn't easy as they thought before,remember that France took the lead in that game but we ended the game with a win!

Spain is very very unbeatable,but still we hope to avoid a humiliation loss at least!
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

Start preparations early, find chemistry, get a very good coach than can really handle the Lebanese players' Ego and forget about anything but the Lebanese Flag and play as the heroes whom represented us against France in 2006.
                  If we can really play with our hearts nothing is impossible, of course Spain are sooooooo far from our goal, and I guess so does Lithuania and France (Parker would be there unless he gets injured again+their team much much better and they are aware as Dany said of what we can do).
                  As for New Zealand and Canada well no one knows if Canada would have a good roster they would be hard to beat as for the NZ well they are so systematic we have to get them out of that since they don't have big time players.

Comment

Lebanon will face Canada first, and that game, for me, will tell us how Lebanon will do with others.

Canada has no problem crushing teams with little depth, but they have trouble beating top teams.

Look at this examples from Fiba Americas 2009

Mexico

vs Canada 40-95 -55
                    vs Brazil 61-92 -31
                    vs P Rico 66-81 -15
                    vs Argentina 77-65 -12

Panama

vs P. Rico 51-79 -28
                    vs Argentina 55-80 -25
                    vs Canada 65-97 -22
                    vs Brazil 64-84 -20

Dominican Republic

vs Brazil 68-81 -13
                    vs P Rico 76-85 -9
                    vs Canada 76-80 -4
                    vs Argentina 87-89 -2

Canada against non-qualifying teams, can beat them as good as the other qualifying teams, but, against other qualifying teams the results where like this:

Canada

vs Puerto Rico 70-90 -20
                    vs Argentina 51-67 -16
                    vs Brazil I 59-68 -9
                    vs Brazil II 65-73 -8

Not so close results: My point is, that first game of Lebanon against Canada will tell if Lebanon will even get a win at the 2010 championship, and if they even belong there.
                    Originally posted by J-Mart
                    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
                    sigpic

Comment

I think it would be an uphill battle for any Asian team to reach the second round. But, here are an outsiders take on what could make Lebanon a better team based on the games I have seen in the past year or two. Needless to say, I don't know the team as well as you guys do.

defensively speaking, in my opinion Lebanon would benefit from a more solid inside presence . I think Vrooman would play best as a PF, I haven't seen Faris play but perhaps he could play C. He might not be a big C, but there are many teams that play without big Cs and do a great job, they just need to box out well during defense and rebound well, which I'm sure together they could take care of it. Besides, if Frejie plays SF (in my opinion he should) he would be a great help when it comes to grabbing the board.

Awaken and motivate the Tiger, so he could have his farewell from World Championships in style.

Have the team play together for a few months so they could build a better chemistry.

Comment

I like your mentality heading to Turkey WC 2010. If it's not too much too ask, your NT's goals could be that of surpassing the 2006 WC stint. Best results to your NT.

Comment

I first would like to thank our Irani and Philipino friends that are the only forumers to support our NT. I wish we could have Philipines in Turkey, and I hope the best for Iran. Now for our nt, it looks that Vroman is staying, and the roster will almost be the same exept some changes in the frontcourt. Daniel Faris is improving, Fadi is back, and i hope that Khazzouh joins.
                          Beside the roster, a high profile coach is must. Chemistry and chemistry are the only means to reach 2nd round. We have almost beaten China with zero Chemistry. I think the lineup Ali/Rony-Fadi-Matt-Vroman-Daniel/Julian can do a lot.
                          Now for our games in the first round, we have to put the full power in all games since the first game is against Canada, the second against France, the third against New Zealand after a one day break. So these games are the most important.
                          The fact that the first game is against Canada is great since all teams won't be at full power in the first day. Now for our chances, they are not big but considerable.
                          France will be under pressure to take revenge, they will try to kill us, they will try to invade us.
                          New Zealand's game will be important if we had won against CANADA, we can make it with Chemistry.
                          The last games will be out of our reach but they will be memorable moments from Turkey.
                          I AM LEBANESE!!!

Comment

I have said before to people that the solution for our team would be either getting rid of Vroman or not having him play position 5. The guy is a scorer, and we don't need a Center to score, we need one to make sure no one from the opposite team scores.

As for Khazzouh, his presence would solve a huge problem in the team, but it is very unlikely, and I don't really like the idea to be honest. A small news leak on any newspaper or magazine that Julian Khazzouh has played in Israel and it would cause all sorts of problems for the team and the federation. I really doubt he would come anyway.

I am confident in Ali Kanaan, Daniel Faris, and that new Center that daniab has been talking about which I will keep confidential for now. I also think that Freije should play 3 instead of 4 but only if Fadi were to play pos 2. daniab said he thinks Freije is too slow to play pos 3 but I donno about that.

So with what we have, the best line-up:
                            Ali Kanaan/Faris
                            Jackson Vroman
                            Matt Freije
                            Fadi El Khatib
                            Rony Fahed/Mahmoud

We are going to have to start genetically modifying people to become taller, lol. Our team desperately needs a 7 footer.

Support me and my music by joining my Facebook Page! ^
                            - LEBANON -

Comment

Originally posted by Chagha View Post
                              We are going to have to start genetically modifying people to become taller, lol. Our team desperately needs a 7 footer.
                              If only Elie Haber cared more about basketball than what's he going to have for lunch
                              Everytime I remember the guy I feel bad cuz it's not everyday that u can find someone whom is 218 (7 feet 2 inches) and if we only had a proper training program for him when he was a young kid we could have eventually had a "Lebanese Shaq"

As for qualifying to the second round we definitely need to have a plan but it's too early too think of the second round yet.
                              First of all we need to know whom is our coach and players on the NT.

The game against Canada will be the most important game and we need to be really focused on that game. We can't create excuses like it's the first game and our team needs more chemistry to play better in the tournament cuz winning against Canada is more than 60% qualifying to the second round.

If we lose our first game against Canada it will be almost impossible for us to qualify to the second round.
                              Last edited by Khalid80; 12-27-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information