Shame on Al Balad Newspaper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame on Al Balad Newspaper!

First things first: Congratulations to all Lebanese on getting the wildcard. Great achievement. I was very happy and the news overshadowed my finals week by far. But I thought this post deserved its own topic. Al-Balad did not even mention Lebanon's achievement on the last page of sports in their newspaper today! They even put High school football scores in Lebanon instead of noting this. They only posted a page on their website which is hiding within their sports columns noting it as "News that shouldn't be published". Obviously Al-Balad's credentials aren't so great and the journalists there are such idiots they probably assumed that Lebanese rich men paid their way into the World Cup. Wake up Al-Balad! You are a crappy source! These were wildcards that were gonna be given out. Wouldn't any of the sports journalists note this? What surprises me is that its not like it was any other country, its their own country. LOL. Anyways, here's the link. Sorry for all who do not know how to read Arabic. Translation will appear later prolly. Oh and he says they will play 3 games and return from Istanbul. First of all its 5 games, not 3 games. Second of all, depending on the draw, Lebanon might just get "third time lucky". Even if we finish 0-5 in Istanbul, we gain more experience from the tournament!

http://www.albaladonline.com/html/story.php?sid=87164

أخبار مش للنشر

قــال احــد اعضاﺀ اتحاد كرة الــســلــة الــقــدامــى انـــه يأسف لواقع اللعبة اليوم، معتبراً انه لا تجوز المقارنة بين اللعبة قبل سنوات واليوم، فالجمهور كان يملأ المدرجات عن بكرة ابيها بينما الــيــوم يتواجد عشرات المشجعين فقط في مباريات النوادي الكبرى، اما على صعيد التأهل إلى بطولة العالم فكانت تحصل بسواعد اللاعبين يوم كان عدد الفرق 16 منتخباً، اما اليوم فيدفع ثمن "بطاقة دعوة" للمشاركة!

عــدد مــن لاعبي لبنان لكرة السلة سيغير خططه للصيف المقبل، بعدما تأكدت مشاركة لبنان في بطولة العالم، علماً أن من هؤلاﺀ من بدأ يعد العدة منذ اليوم للسفر والاستجمام في...

تركيا العام 2010.

عــلــق رئــيــس احـــد الــنــوادي المشاركة في بطولة كرة السلة على المبلغ الـــذي دفــع ثمناً لبطاقة الدعوة والمبالغ التي ستدفع على إعــداد المنتخب ليخوض ثلاث مباريات ويعود من بطولة العالم في اسطنبول،
    Last edited by ryannaja; 12-14-2009, 08:49 PM.
    Countdown to Turkey 2010: 28 Weeks

Here is a rough translation:

A former member of the Lebanese Basketball Federation FLBB said he feels sorry for the situation of basketball today, feeling it is incomparable with how it was years ago because crowds filled the arenas in the past whereas now there are only a handful spectators in the major matches. Also, about qualifying for the World Championship, it used to happen through the efforts of the players back when it was only 16 teams, whereas today we are paying for an invitational "Wild Card" in order to participate.

A number of Lebanese basketball players will be changing plans this coming summer, after Lebanon's participation in the FIBA World Championship was confirmed, knowing that some have already started the countdown to travel to Turkey 2010.

The president of one Lebanese club that currently plays in the league commented on the amount paid for the Wild Card and the ones that will be paid to prepare the national team just to play 3 games and return from the World Championship in Turkey.

^ I tried getting as accurate as possible, and as ryannaja said, shame on such a newspaper for making such an achievement seem frivolous and, dare I say, inconvenient.

Support me and my music by joining my Facebook Page! ^
    - LEBANON -

Comment

What do u expect from a newspaper whom is headed by Elie Nassar concerning the sports section

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
        What do u expect from a newspaper whom is headed by Elie Nassar concerning the sports section
        This guy should be burned!!!!

Comment

So you you have a newspaper which didn' t like Lebanon to get wildCard and play in WC.. it s really a shame

Comment

Originally posted by samer_1_2 View Post
            So you you have a newspaper which didn' t like Lebanon to get wildCard and play in WC.. it s really a shame
            its not that they didnt want Lebanon to get the wild card,after all its their opinion but the worse is that they r spreading false and bad things about the NT!!!!
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
              its not that they didnt want Lebanon to get the wild card,after all its their opinion but the worse is that they r spreading false and bad things about the NT!!!!
              ya khayyeh leh badna nfarjeh lal 3alam 3youbna ?!?!...w zekkkkkkkkk !!ryannaja: ken lezim tetrok l comments la nafsak khayyeh... ma badna n2angleza ta ma tenfaham l bahdaleh... bas shame 3lek "ryannaja" t7ott shi hek hon where as kel l 3alam bteje to2ra ...
              hek thread should be in the sports journalism section where its criticizing the stupid ass Elie Nassar or the lebanese journalism! and not a thread by itself !

anyways, i hope Lebanon will prove again the strength of the Lebanese basketball in the region, and how WE improved this game in the arab world!
              i also hope that Fadi l Khatib yenzal shway 3al ared, w Brian Bshara ya3tou shi mossassa 7ej ba2a yne22 or maybe he should go out with Elie Nassar.. byettef2o !! coz none of them want whats best for our NT !

I think Rony,Ali kanaan, Ali Mahmoud, Jean and Matt Freije are the best among them all (talking about effort for the WHOLE team and not individually)

Peace.. LONG LIVE LEBANON !
              Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

Originally posted by samer_1_2 View Post
                Actually it's just what you can find everywhere in the world, a bunch of guys with high posts trying to attack the Basketball Federation for personal benefits and objectives.

Comment

what " 3youb" are you talking about Bernard? i dont see anything to be ashamed of here.
                  Elie Nasar is a corrupt journaliste for many reasons,maybe he is right about some points but how can he even dare to consider Ali kanaan a naturalized player as an exemple? if he was in US for many years,it doesnt qualify him as American although he was born and raised here in Lebanon!
                  Proud to be Lebanese
                  www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                    what " 3youb" are you talking about Bernard? i dont see anything to be ashamed of here.
                    Elie Nasar is a corrupt journaliste for many reasons,maybe he is right about some points but how can he even dare to consider Ali kanaan a naturalized player as an exemple? if he was in US for many years,it doesnt qualify him as American although he was born and raised here in Lebanon!
                    i didnt mean by 3youb as the 3elal l FLB or l teams..bil 3akes! all what i meant was the fact that a lebanese stupid journalist spreading rumors about his own country <-- i think this is a huge "i3aqa w 3elleh" bi hal ensen l ghabeh ! w manna 7elwe eno gher 3alam yshoufo keef 7atta l sa7afeh 3anna bte7ke bil 3atil 3an l mountakhab aw l etti7ad!
                    the way i see it, the FLB are working really hard to make a very good NT!! but they need to be more strict and accurate in their decisions! and i dont think any federation in the middle east made any effort as much as the FLB ! w yalli mish 3ejbo hal 7akeh yodrob raso bil 7eit wa 3a rasoun hal ajdab elie nassar!..
                    anyway we shouldnt even comment on such kind of journalists since they cant even reach the minimum readers per month !

PEACE and LONG LIVE LEBANON !!!
                    Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information