PDA

View Full Version : Lebanon Gets the WILD CARD!!

Chagha
12-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Just right now, local TV station New TV posted an urgent message:
FIBA has awarded Lebanon a Wild Card to participate in the World Cup in Turkey.

Congratulations Lebanon, and all the Lebanese!
See you all in Turkey :D

MALEK
12-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Congratulations :D:D:D
http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwc/men/v2/news/p/eid/4728/nid/37776/sid/4728/article.html

leb-basket
12-12-2009, 12:29 PM
it is posted on fiba's website it is official guys!!!!!!
woohoo!

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/37776/arti.html

Jalaa_Syria
12-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Congratulations

daniab
12-12-2009, 12:51 PM
congrats for the best country in the world,congrats for the best fans in the worlddddddddddddddd

Go Lebanon Goooooooooooooooo

lebanon4ever
12-12-2009, 12:57 PM
lebanon for the 3rd consecutive time in WC.... next target London 2012

khaledlebanon
12-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Congratulation for ae Lebanese fans :D we deserve it and we will prove that in Turkey just wait and see LEBANON 4 EVER :D

alien space bats
12-12-2009, 01:31 PM
wow congrats, guys! i'm so happy for you. truly i am:)

thadzonline
12-12-2009, 01:39 PM
congratulations to Lebanon, they have come a long way. It will be tough in Turkey but making it to the WC in itself is already something, it should be a good experience for their NT

iDocX
12-12-2009, 01:40 PM
TURKEY HERE WE COME...Go Go Lebanonnn

leb-basket
12-12-2009, 02:02 PM
congratulations to Lebanon, they have come a long way. It will be tough in Turkey but making it to the WC in itself is already something, it should be a good experience for their NT

not really well its out third world cup championship so i guess we have a little experience this time we are going to make it definitely to the second round

lebanese NT
12-12-2009, 02:16 PM
not really well its out third world cup championship so i guess we have a little experience this time we are going to make it definitely to the second round

if we qualified this time to the second round it will be a shocker and a huge success to our game. now let us pray we end up in an easy group in the first round .if we end up with either turkey ( the host) or USA we are screwed lol:D,even though lebanon always hoped to face someday the dream team :rolleyes:

leb-basket
12-12-2009, 02:29 PM
if we qualified this time to the second round it will be a shocker and a huge success to our game. now let us pray we end up in an easy group in the first round .if we end up with either turkey ( the host) or USA we are screwed lol:D,even though lebanon always hoped to face someday the dream team :rolleyes:

ajelna yeha hal mara :P btw remember in 2006 we were in the strongest group with france serbia and argentina and yet we were about to qualify as second of the group and kick the ass out of france but too bad we lost to nigeria

lebanese NT
12-12-2009, 02:33 PM
ajelna yeha hal mara :P btw remember in 2006 we were in the strongest group with france serbia and argentina and yet we were about to qualify as second of the group and kick the ass out of france but too bad we lost to nigeria

in 2006 we were unstable and the win over france was bad to us because it made the NT feel that they reached their goal+it exhausted the team thats why we lost the next day against nigeria.it was only a morale win.

PRSURF
12-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Bah, I don't think Lebanon diserve any slot.....just kidding!:D

karim
12-12-2009, 03:24 PM
mabrook lebnen this is the biggest achievement for lebanon cuz back in 2002 and 2006 we were the team that qualified cuz of being asia which everyone said its the weakest continent ....now we have respect from fiba cuz we didnt qualify from asia but we were picked from many very strong teams which werent able to qualify such as the dominican republic and nigeria ....1 question i have i know it doesnt matter much but just wondering do we still get fiba points after next year,s world basketball championship even if we were picked as a wildcard rather than directly qualifying ?

Khalid80
12-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Congrats :)!!! Mabrouk for Lebanon :)!! This is really a great day since in all honesty at first I thought we had no chance of qualifying. Thanks to all the Lebanese people+fans that made this possible including our government (especially Prime Minister Harriri) :D. Last of all thanks to FIBA for granting us this chance and I hope our Lebanese NT does make some noise in the upcoming WC in Turkey.

eliooo93
12-12-2009, 03:56 PM
wow congrats, guys! i'm so happy for you. truly i am:)

Congratulations

Thnx for your support.

stuart
12-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Congrats to Lebanon... the country has mostly played well in international tournaments, but really, this is one selection where I think the fans made the biggest difference with the many different campaigns I saw on this forum, facebook, and all over the web.

You guys made it an easy decision for the FIBA board. There was just no way if they were going to choose between Korea and Lebanon, that Korea would get it.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/2009/12/12/fiba-wild-cards-go-to-germany-lebanon-lithuania-russia/

Again, congrats guys.

Stuart

Khalid80
12-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Congrats to Lebanon... the country has mostly played well in international tournaments, but really, this is one selection where I think the fans made the biggest difference with the many different campaigns I saw on this forum, facebook, and all over the web.

You guys made it an easy decision for the FIBA board. There was just no way if they were going to choose between Korea and Lebanon, that Korea would get it.

http://www.interbasket.net/news/2009/12/12/fiba-wild-cards-go-to-germany-lebanon-lithuania-russia/

Again, congrats guys.

Stuart

Thanks alot Stu for ur kind words and support :)

rtk04
12-12-2009, 05:13 PM

Again, congrats guys.

Stuart

i totally agree....thanks for ur support....

Buran
12-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Congratulations to all Lebanese and Lebanon Basketball fans!

sinobball
12-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Just as I predicted all along... Getting in was the easy part, but proving critics wrong will be the difficult part... Hope you have a nice showing like in 2006 and not like 2002.

Khalid80
12-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Congratulations to all Lebanese and Lebanon Basketball fans!

Thanks Buran :). All the best for Iran as well :)

Khalid80
12-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Just as I predicted all along... Getting in was the easy part, but proving critics will be the difficult part... Hope you have a nice showing like in 2006 and not like 2002.

Thanks Sinobball :). I hope all the Asian teams prove something to the World in this upcoming WC. In all honesty I think all 4 teams can get 1 win each (I really hope some get more though) but that definitely depends on our groups.
I really hope that Yao Ming can play cuz he is such a vital player for the Chinese NT even though things don't look really bright for him + for China. Zhu ni chenggong+zhu ni hao yun :) (wish u success+good luck)

Oshafaamri
12-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Iran Will Impress in Turkey , am sure of that :D
China : It Depends on Yao Ming playing or Not
Lebanon & Jordan : Depends on the Group they will be in !!!!

rtk04
12-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Iran Will Impress in Turkey , am sure of that :D
China : It Depends on Yao Ming playing or Not
Lebanon & Jordan : Depends on the Group they will be in !!!!

to whatever groups they go.....they should do well if they had good preparation........

Oshafaamri
12-12-2009, 07:51 PM
to whatever groups they go.....they should do well if they had good preparation........

True Bro :D
I say that under Nowadays Circumstances , 8 months to come and preparations Should Start ......

majjour
12-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Congrats to all the Lebanese fans, efforts paid Off!!
Thanks to Mr. Kakhia and His federation, and thanks to PM Harriri.

leb-basket
12-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Congrats to all the Lebanese fans, efforts paid Off!!
Thanks to Mr. Kakhia and His federation, and thanks to PM Harriri.

the first objective is finally done!
now the serious work has started! we should start a training program but the prob is half of our national team players are playing abroad :S

jackson vroman, danoiel fares, ali kanaan, matt freije(signed with riyadi but not playing in the lebanese league) rny fahed, sabah khoury and in case they wanted to sign for example khazzouh or idk a new abroad ....

They need to train and gain some chemistry! i hope the federation has a serious plan !

marko
12-12-2009, 08:20 PM
gongrats.. we waited several months for this and finally.. but all of this will be meaningless if we dont have a preparation plan. our point is not anymore just to particpate...
first time : just reach world cup (2002)
second time: leave an impact (2006)
this is the third our main goal is to reach the second round

congrats again

spider
12-12-2009, 11:02 PM
A big thank you to mr. Pierre Kakhia for his hard work since august 15 when he was in tianjin. Since then he met with Baumann and has continued the last 4 months with meeting Fiba officials and Fiba asian with hagop khajarian.

Kakhia is very modest guy, he doesn't like to take credit,very un-lebanese of him, but i will give him the credit. he deserves it.
He really deserve all the credit, all the lobbying and meeting with different sponsors, even the ones with Fiba one of the big ones,to aljazeera to getting support from the turkish federation. All his credit, to The Fiba president and Baumann himself. Also the Head of TV in Fiba Paul Stimpson had met Kakhia and told him he is in favour of Lebanon. All the thanks to Kakhia convincing.

The fiba board members and the work on convincing them was also largely due to him, with the help of one of the board members Sheikh. Fahad Al-Ahmad Alsabah Talal from kuwait and Hagop khajarian. It's a big and long process, and took 4 months until today.
Plus the help of the PM who worked on the political side with turkey PM and paying the registration fee, that was good from him though i'm not a fan of him at all. thanks to him too.

SNIPER
12-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Congratulations.
Fans must be in great numbers in Turkey.
Tv programs and other competitions and somewhat like lottery draws should include prizes; i.e tickets to attend the WBC in Turkey

kaiziken_pinas
12-13-2009, 02:39 AM
okay. good luck. see you there

durden_tyler
12-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Congratulations to our Lebanese friends. You deserve the WC slot. ;)

kontiki
12-13-2009, 03:28 AM
congrats lebanon. well deserved

daniab
12-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks everyone for your support!

Lebanese fans will rock Turkey this summer,please everyone is interested to support Lebanon in Turkey,send me a msg cz we are working on organizing trips!

alex123
12-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Congratulations for all the lebanese ppl around the world ... and for all the players !!!! hope we goin to have a big success in turkey ... i will try to be there !!! SEE YOU IN TURKEY !!!