N'DIAYE to play for Riyadi Beirut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N'DIAYE to play for Riyadi Beirut

Riyadi administration agreed the terms with the Senegalese experienced player MAMADOU N'DIAYE to play for the next season along with the other import Nate Johnson .

Height: 212cm / 7'0''
    Position: Center
    Born: 1975
    Previous teams:
    Panellinios (Greece)
    PAOK (Greece)
    Golde State W. (USA-NBA)
    LA Clippers (USA-NBA)
    Atlanta H. (USA-NBA)

Awards/Achievements:
    Senegalese National Team -98-01, 05-06
    All-SEC third-team selection -99
    NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals -01
    African Championships in Morocco -01
    Greek Cup Semifinals -06
    World Championships in Japan -06: 5 games: 5.4ppg, 4.8rpg, 2FGP: 36.7%, FT: 55.6%
    Lithuanian Cup Winner -08
    Baltic League Champion -08
    Baltic League Regular Season Runner-Up -08
    Lithuanian League Champion -08
    Lithuanian League Regular Season Runner-Up -08

Last Season :
    2007-2008: Panellinios Athens (A1): Greek League Regular Season: 14 games: 8.6ppg, 5.6rpg, 1.1spg, Blocks-2(1.3bpg), 2FGP: 57.0%, FT: 67.0%; ULEB Cup: 8 games: 9.1ppg, 5.8rpg, 1.3bpg, FGP: 60.5%, 3PT: 0%, FT: 65.6%, left in Feb.'08 loaned to B.C. Zalgiris Kaunas (Lithuania-LKL): Euroleague: 6 games: 8.5ppg, 7.0rpg, 1.2spg, 1.0bpg, FGP: 48.7%, 3PT: 0%, FT: 56.5%; Baltic League (Elite): 6 games: 8.2ppg, 3.2rpg, 2FGP: 53.8%, FT: 91.3%; Lithuanian League: 8 games: 12.3ppg, 6.4rpg, 1.4apg, FGP: 69.1%, FT: 91.7%

Good luck for him!
    Hope he will be a good addition to Riyadi.
    His CV is good and he seems a well experienced player.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Comment

Great player, EuroCup starting center level.
      47-70
      76-58

Comment

He also played for Žalgiris in 2007/08 season for a couple of months (from February), but got serious injury and felt out for almost all year and since then didn't hear that he'd play anywhere. Strong center, good defensively, really good personality. Don't know how affected him such long absence and he's not a youngster, but if he've got through it and will reach the same level I saw him playin' in my team, then he should be really nice addition. Wish him the best of luck

Comment

Thanks guys for the info.
          Proud to be Lebanese
          www.arabasket.com

Comment

Didn't play organized basketball for more then one year, it's never a good sign. Let's see what he can do

Comment

He used to be a descent player. I've watched a few games of him back when he was in the NBA.
              Definitely a better option than Alexander.
              His age and injury history however need to be highlighted.
              Riyadi should act smart and not play him more than 20-25 minutes a game so that he can stay healthy and last till the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                He used to be a descent player. I've watched a few games of him back when he was in the NBA.
                Definitely a better option than Alexander.
                His age and injury history however need to be highlighted.
                Riyadi should act smart and not play him more than 20-25 minutes a game so that he can stay healthy and last till the end of the season.
                Yea he was good but hopefully he can stay healthy and he is a lot better than Alex.
                But about playing him 20-25 min well in the League we can do so with Vogel with the Riyadi, but in Asia it's not the same as u know. So I don't know if Abou Chacra can find a way out for that.

Comment

I've read that Mamadou was replaced with other foreigner in Riyadi's roster, why it was done? It's just because Riyadi found better candidate or it was another reason?

Comment

He still had some problems with his knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Laziz View Post
                      He still had some problems with his knees.
                      Oh I see, sad to read that, was hoping that he fully recovered from his injuries and will be able to play, but seems not Thnx for info

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information