Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Lebanon have a chance to host the FIBA Asia 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Lebanon have a chance to host the FIBA Asia 2011?

As we all know, FLB announced Lebanon a Bidding nation for FIBA Asia 2011 championship!
    what are the chances we could make it and be granted this event?
    and if we did, what do u think is needed to improve so that the championship would be a success!
    i mean we hosted The Asian Clubs Championship before... but now its a matter of nations and NTs !...

and HOW can we, the fans and the lebanese ppl, play a good role to gain this bid! ( i know 1 thing, politics and security should be guaranteed for the tournament period...DAMN F****G politicians ma hammoun ella jaybetoun ekhwet l maniouke)

Straight Lebanese to English Translation of the last sentence : $#%^%#$ MF and brothers of the F****D politicians only care about their own benefit rather than their country...i'd rather spit in their face and never listen to any of them !! EFT !
    Last edited by Bernard; 10-15-2009, 06:37 PM.
    Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

i think we have a 50% chance specially that we did a great job last month organizing the phroncphonic games (i liked the opining cermony alot) so hopefuly we can make it.

i agree about the politcians but i guess u need to translate, because of the mods .
    A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you. C. S. Lewis

Comment

as an answer to ur question,,,first thing that will help is stop spreading such posts reflecting negative atmosphere in lebanon....
      ofcourse we have a chance and a big one....lebanon never failed in organizing the tournaments we hosted....the political crap will continue but still we will manage to host a great fiba asia 2011
      History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

it's very easy for lebanon to host it, don't make it as a mountain to climb, we only need to have backing from fiba asia, they like only to give to china the last decade,,,,, look in europe they keep rotating every two years to different country.

Comment

dude.... sorry but I think(and hope) that my country hosts it because we are:

1. A basketball crazed country.
          2. We once hosted the World Champs.
          3. It's been 50 years since we hosted the last Asiad.
          4. We have a perfect basketball governing body now.

Sorry guys, FIBA has to make a hell of a decision between us. We're also bidding to host it as well

Comment

Lebanon for sure has a chance to host the Asian Championship if and only if the government supported the project.I remember when Lebanon hosted the Asian football championship,Martyr Rafic El Hariri helped a lot to pick Lebanon over other nations.
            Lebanon proved many times their good organization,local TVs are always broadcasting and fans are always ready to invade the courts
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Grammar

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
              dude.... sorry but I think(and hope) that my country hosts it because we are:

1. A basketball crazed country.
              2. We once hosted the World Champs.
              3. It's been 50 years since we hosted the last Asiad.
              4. We have a perfect basketball governing body now.

Sorry guys, FIBA has to make a hell of a decision between us. We're also bidding to host it as well
              Cases 1,2,3 have no bearing on the decision and number 4 is exagerrated.

I must acknowledge your points as well but, FIBA prefers modern arenas that Japan, China and Korea can offer in their bidding as well as the financial matters. If the Philippines or Lebanon offer a "competitive" portfolio amidst the bidding, why not? Good luck to both our countries.

Comment

well im not showing any bad impression about my country...OUR COUNTRY !!! on the contrary !! im sure lebanon will succeed in organizing such an event !! and proved it in twice in the asian clubs championships, and the arab championships (basketball wise not football)
                i mean we have very good courts that are available and ready to host such an event, no need more then 2 or 3 courts max for the tournament:
                1- madine l riyadiye beirut
                2- Jamhour court (which im sure few ppl know about it)
                3- nothing better than the old historical Ghazir court

i just mentioned the politicians (aslan there is nthg to hide ) coz we really need their support rather than our support to them... i mean its the case everywhere in the world... [English or provide translation]

LONG LIVE UNITED COLORS OF LEBANON !
                Last edited by rikhardur; 10-18-2009, 09:57 PM.
                Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information