Lebanon U18 NT 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanon U18 NT 2010

I know it is long time until they start but we need to form a very strong team next year and the target should not be less than winning the asian championship especially that ahmad ibrahim will be 18 next year so he is eligible to play.

We should also have two players from u16 team the two Tareks. are they born 93 or 94 ? if they are 94 then they can play the next two u18, if not then still they are good enough to play in the u18. Who else in the u16 can play ?

This time the FLB is a must that all the players are available, and that they have better coaches and to have camps, even before asian championship there is WABA where we must be ready and win first place .

We must make a damn good team, ahmad ibrahim can be the mvp next year and he can be the topscorer and we can win the title especially if he has good team mates that can help him, What about other players hope there are some good players at this category...

I dont like to talk about the u16 but we must take this as a last example and not repeat some stuff that was made there... I hope the FLB starts with this young team now.

Now I leave some other stuff to be discussed, I want to write more but I wanted to just open this thread now so that the FLB start to build this NT from this moment.

What's going on for the U18's in 2010?

Support me and my music by joining my Facebook Page! ^
    - LEBANON -

Comment

there isn't try outs in the upcoming weeks /???

Comment

If we are thinking of doing any good results in the future ... we must prepare from now...
        we have young talented players that can win waba and asia championships.. but we must prepare them from now .. tryouts must start from now to choose the best players and start training them to have the best chemistry possible but first we must find a coach but not any coach ... hope so GOO LEBANON

Comment

Thanks for the thread Spider.

1-The federation has to put a long term progam including teams from different categories : U14 team,U16 and U18!
          Elie Nasr is a very good choice for such programs,he proved that he is a knowledgeable coach beside a foreign coach.If coughter stayed with our U16 team,many things would change.First he knows the capacity of each player more than FAC,the players were very happy with him and simply bcz coughter is better than FAC.

2-I watched some games of Waba and i can easily say that Lebanon wouldve been better than Jordan and Syria,in both games we were leading most of the game and precisely against Syria we were up all the game by 10+ and Jordan also 5-10+ but unfortunately bad officiating and technical fouls costed us the whole tournament... that doesnt mean we were a good team : Big No! our team sucks,no system,relying on one player,no skills, .... etc
          Despite all of that,i was impressed by the Small Tarek Merhabi and his skills,the guy reminds me of Rony fahed + the ballhandling skills of Ali Mahmoud.He is good prospect,if he works on his physical conditions,he would be a good player in the future.
          Tarek Dagher is also from this generation,he was the best player on the team but misses Waba,he is a very good prospect.I wish he couldve stay!

3-If Lebanon is not a potential country,how could we export players like Fadi El khatib,Elie Mchantaf,Rony Fahed .... and Ahmad Ibrahim now?!
          The conclusion Lebanon is a potential country with insufficient
          capabilities!
          The first thing to do is to revive the youth leagues,that will affect positively the morale of the players,their physical conditions,they can see their weaknesses and improve it before going to the NT!

Abt Ahmad Ibrahim,yes he can make it next year with the U18 NT! he was born in February 1992 and players born after 1/1/1992 can play with the U18 team,so im wondering what kind of team would we have with Ahmad Ibrahim in it

Next Fiba Asian Championship for U18 is scheduled on September 1st 2010,it isnt far from now!
          Last edited by daniab; 10-04-2009, 05:29 PM.
          Proud to be Lebanese
          www.arabasket.com

Comment

this team U18 should play in the 2nd division so they are gathered the whole year, and not only before tournaments. With a good coaching staff and later having camps, but the best camps for them is being in the same team for a whole season from chemistry point.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
              this team U18 should play in the 2nd division so they are gathered the whole year, and not only before tournaments. With a good coaching staff and later having camps, but the best camps for them is being in the same team for a whole season from chemistry point.
              yes but many of the U18 players are playing overseas such as Ahmad Ibrahim, Tarek Dagher, Joey Accaoui (I guess he would be able to play but I am not sure) so it's almost impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by kerdito View Post
                yes but many of the U18 players are playing overseas such as Ahmad Ibrahim, Tarek Dagher, Joey Accaoui (I guess he would be able to play but I am not sure) so it's almost impossible.
                its Mike Accaoui(178-G)! i will check if he can play with our U18 team!
                Joey is already a junior with Vermont College!
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by kerdito View Post
                  this step has been done before and it paid off in 2006 we qualified to the world championship for u19. the rest will join in the summer anyway. so why leave the rest of the team not playing or getting their chance with their D1 or D2 teams ?

Comment

any news about the try-outs ?

Comment

Originally posted by alex123 View Post
                      any news about the try-outs ?
                      not yet,when they will set a date ill let you know!
                      Proud to be Lebanese
                      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Ahmad Ibrahim is basically in for the youth team,some details need to be talked with him later.

Other surprise is on the way hopefully,a new Lebanese player playing in the states is also on the way to join our youth team.He's 6'7,17 years and SF-PF!

I will keep you updated and hopefully the federation will pick a coach soon!
                        Proud to be Lebanese
                        www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                          Ahmad Ibrahim is basically in for the youth team,some details need to be talked with him later.

Other surprise is on the way hopefully,a new Lebanese player playing in the states is also on the way to join our youth team.He's 6'7,17 years and SF-PF!

I will keep you updated and hopefully the federation will pick a coach soon!
                          thank you, wish we could for once have a full roster and we must find a great coach.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
                            thank you, wish we could for once have a full roster and we must find a great coach.
                            thanks man,i just hope for once we could manage to have our full roster.
                            If Ahmad couldnt join,it will be a big blowout for us but anyway i dont think this will happen.

Tarek Dagher cant join unfortunately,i talked to him but he will be busy travelling for camps and stuff in the states and im afraid for the same excuses from Merhabi if he was called!

By the way Tarek Dagher had pickup games with Sam Daghlas,he met him there and they used to talk a lil (Sam is a good person)!
                            Proud to be Lebanese
                            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Everything is going fine with the 6'7 player i told you before about him!
                              and maybe soon i will tell you his name.
                              The guy received many offers and interest from good NCAA D1 programs and he will surely help us this coming summer in the Asian U18 championship.
                              Proud to be Lebanese
                              www.arabasket.com

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information