Lebanon U16 National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanon U16 National Team

Waba Champ will be held in 27 sept at Beirut.
    Our team will miss probably the captain and the best player on the team,6'3 guard Tarek Dagher who is going to train in US and the best center on the team 6'6 Abboudy El Farekh who is injured and won't be playing!

our team roster:
    Tarek Merhabi (PG) - Mouttahed
    Mohammed Atwi
    Joe el kadi ( C- PF)
    Elie Shammas(F)
    Maher Abou Jaoude (G/F)
    Bassel Assi (F/C)
    Elie Chamoun (G/F) - Anibal Zahle
    Joe Barrack (F/G)
    Houssam Atrissi (F)
    Tanguy Osman (G)
    Paul Iskandar (C)
    Jean Pierre Bassil
    Nizar Kabbani

Paul Iskandar is the tallest player and he is 6'7!
    As you noticed,this tournament will be held in Lebanon and we have to support our team by attending the games live from the court.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by daniab; 08-26-2009, 06:27 AM.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

this always kills our youth teams, we never get all their potential because we always miss players, last year with the u18 team we missed several key players too.
    daniab will that injured player be back in november for the asian championship and tarek dagher ? it's very important this time that we have a full roster, on the youth side we must start winning titles at least ! it's about time we won the first championship on the NT level, the FLB must focus now on this team since if we make good results it will have effect on the wildcard.
    btw what do you think this teams chances are this year ?

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
      Our team will miss probably the captain and the best player on the team,6'3 guard Tarek Dagher who is going to train in US and the best center on the team 6'6 Abboudy El Farekh who is injured and won't be playing!

our team roster:
      Tarek Merhabi (PG)
      Mohammed Atwi
      Joe el kadi ( C- PF)
      Elie Shammas(F)
      Maher Abou Jaoude (G/F)
      Bassel Assi (F/C)
      Elie Chamoun (G/F)
      Joe Barrack (F/G)
      Houssam Atrissi (F)
      Tanguy Osman (G)
      Paul Iskandar (C)
      Jean Pierre Bassil
      Nizar Kabbani

As you noticed,this tournament will be held in Lebanon and we have to support our team by attending the games live from the court.

Best of luck!
      welcome back Dani

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
        btw what do you think this teams chances are this year ?
        usually in the youth tournaments we only face difficulty against Iran and only Iran,we've never face any serious problems against Jordan and Syria.
        I wish Tarek was there cz i keep hearing lot of praises about this kid,and now he's going to US to get a better trainings.
        So lets see!
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

our team roster:
          Tarek Merhabi (PG)
          Mohammed Atwi
          Joe el kadi ( C- PF)
          Elie Shammas(F)
          Maher Abou Jaoude (G/F)
          Bassel Assi (F/C)
          Elie Chamoun (G/F)
          Joe Barrack (F/G)
          Houssam Atrissi (F)
          Tanguy Osman (G)
          Paul Iskandar (C)
          Jean Pierre Bassil
          Nizar Kabbani

Best of luck!
          There was a forumer here named "nader" who claimed he was part of the Lebanon U16 team. But I don't see his name in the list.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
            There was a forumer here named "nader" who claimed he was part of the Lebanon U16 team. But I don't see his name in the list.
            I think he said he was part of Champville youth team not the national team.
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

usually in the youth tournaments we only face difficulty against Iran and only Iran,we've never face any serious problems against Jordan and Syria.
              I wish Tarek was there cz i keep hearing lot of praises about this kid,and now he's going to US to get a better trainings.
              So lets see!
              but what about those 2 players will they be back in november and what about our chances in the main qualifiers not only in waba ? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
                but what about those 2 players will they be back in november and what about our chances in the main qualifiers not only in waba ? thanks
                Tarek is waiting his approval,if he receive it i doubt he can be back during the fall,he will join a high school there and its not sure he can leave it.
                Abt Abboudy,i dont know how serious is his injury!
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

Aboudy El Farkh (Collège Mont La Salle) replied to your post 10 hours ago
                  hey dany Well just for an update Waba starts on the 20th of september til the 26th, hopefully we ll be qualifying :P. Tarek Dagher is travelling to the states to live there so he left the team and Tarek merhabi is the teams captain. and btw i have a surgery tomorrow morning on my right knee so most probably i ll be missing Waba.oh and i m a 3 not a 5 :P. will be playing 4 or 5 in case its needed but im a 3 for now
                  Proud to be Lebanese
                  www.arabasket.com

Comment

we've never face any serious problems against Jordan and Syria.
                    wasnt Syria the finalist in the last WABA u-17 tournament ?

usually in the youth tournaments we only face difficulty against Iran and only Iran,
                    this year, Iran even had some good u-14/15 players but already taller with fine skill (= Yousefi, Mirfatahi,Sedeghi the finalist on Asia youth game 3 on 3 in Singapore )

'anyway good luck for Aboudy El Farkh, I hope he get well soon
                    "BHINEKA TUNGGAL IKA"

Comment

Originally posted by satria_muda View Post
                      wasnt Syria the finalist in the last WABA u-17 tournament ?
                      Yes they were,but Lebanon was missing their best players (Vincent Khoury,Hayk Gyokchyan,Ahmad Ibrahim...)
                      In the Asian Championship,we beat them by 10 without Hayk.

this year, Iran even had some good u-14/15 players but already taller with fine skill (= Yousefi, Mirfatahi,Sedeghi the finalist on Asia youth game 3 on 3 in Singapore )

'anyway good luck for Aboudy El Farkh, I hope he get well soon
                      Not surprised,Iran is working very well and they have always good teams.
                      Proud to be Lebanese
                      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Not surprised,Iran is working very well and they have always good teams.
                        Iran seem to have the best Basketball program in Asia even better than China they are working on every aspect of the game, every category of it, they have a super league, very good young teams and being consistent in their game. We should really get to work if we want to stay as one of the best contenders in Asia since Iran and Jordan are rising at the moment along with China and Korea.

Comment

Tarek Dagher(185-G-93) is leaving in 2-3 weeks,he received a scholarship from Christian Champion school located in California.
                          I wish the best for the kid,he has a bright future!!!
                          Proud to be Lebanese
                          www.arabasket.com

Comment

Very very very very bad news!
                            Coach Coughter is leaving today,he was asking for lot of conditions to stay including a contract expanded till the 2011 + taking the coaching lead of the senior NT and for sure the federation wont agree

Unfortunately,after missing 2 important players,now we have a bigger problem!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

In principle,LBC will broadcast the Waba Qualifier!
                            Proud to be Lebanese
                            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Very very very very bad news!
                              Coach Coughter is leaving today,he was asking for lot of conditions to stay including a contract expanded till the 2011 + taking the coaching lead of the senior NT and for sure the federation wont agree

Unfortunately,after missing 2 important players,now we have a bigger problem!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

In principle,LBC will broadcast the Waba Qualifier!
                              Coach Caughter has been with no salary for the last 3 months!!! that is the main reason behind his decision

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information