Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mario Palma : I am working on a plan to make Jordan a hard number in the World Cup

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario Palma : I am working on a plan to make Jordan a hard number in the World Cup

Mario Palma : I am working on a plan to make Jordan a hard number in the World Cup - Aug 22, 2009 (by Omar Shafaamri)

Coach for the national team basketball Mario Leonel Palma , the Portuguese, the great pride of training an impressive array of players, the heroes who have been credited with the first in Jordan to reach the World Cup.

Mario Leonel Palma in an expanded meeting with the press, the first Thursday at the headquarters of the Federation of Basketball Hall of HRH Prince Hamza Al-Hussein Youth City, said he would work during the coming period to prepare a technical plan and an integrated program for the preparation of the national team to participate in the World Cup Turkey 2010, so as to be capable of developing a whole team, in order to be a hard number and a stubborn opponent to all participating teams in the World Cup.

The Portuguese coach, postponed his departure to leave for Portugal, in order to hold further meetings to agree on the features of the plan with officials of the Olympic Committee.

Dream realized

Palma began his speech in the open press meeting saying: 'out to the global project started 3 years ago and has achieved success by qualifying to the World Cup, everyone seeks the world, but few teams can, and we were able.'

He added: 'I left Angola because I was looking for a new challenge, and over 7 years, there has dozens of tournaments, and won the Angola NT Africa 4 times, and qualified for the World Cup and the Olympics more than once.'

about Jordan said: 'For me it was a new experience by all standards, and I remember when I saw the first local league match before the middle of 2006, I said then that there is a good base of players and we can develop and achieve the goal, and now made the dream a reality, and all proud of what has been achieved Jordanian '.

He returned to 2007 and 2008, said: 'We were not ready for the challenge of the Asian championship in Japan, we had a lot of injuries during the preparation phase, and oSama Daghles joined the team late, but in 2008 I had the opportunity to work intensively with the team, and I had more time to develop players, and now Jordan, who became one of the best Asian teams. '

He continued: 'We were in China candidates to win the tournament, and not only qualify for the World Cup, winning against Iran was to us twice, and were tired, even though the luck was not with us and if we have luck then we would went to extra time, then we are qualified to make the final and the championship,' referring to the definitive sign that the the Nashama were the best, as 'pointing to the basket 13 more towards the corrected more than their opponents.'

The importance of developing Pivot Position

And the weaker party in the national team, Palma said: 'The problem for Jordan is that it does not have to play the pivot like the other Asian we competed in Tianjin , although we have achieved a great achievement that we have been able to fight teams such as China, with its tall players to a greater extent than to the length of our players.'

However: 'We have the Aymen Idais,Zaid alkhas and Abbas Brothers , who are a great group at the center of the player free inside and outside the region, but we need to play the pivot of the largest and longest-style Jamal Maaitah, the latter is not useful to us because he had two operations in recent months.'

Palma said: 'We have been able to defeat Lebanon 3 times in a row, and this is a great achievement because the Lebanese have gone to China, a battalion of professional players, some of them have already played at the highest level, and their aim was to win the tournament and were candidates for that.'

I credit the players

And the credit for this achievement Palma said: 'I say very clearly here that I credit the players who worked hard and sacrificed farness from their families and were the perfect example of exemplary behavior and enthusiasm and sincere loyalty, and they deserve to be an example for generations to come, and I expect the new Federation, to provide these heroes what they deserve attention and appreciation. '

The old coach: 'I am very proud because I was the coach for these heroes over the past 3 years, and I am greatly honored that I will be responsible for them until the World Cup next year.'

Basic reasons for the success of

He continued: 'The second is due the credit of the Federation of Basketball, which has provided me everything I need from the camps and participants in the various countries of the world and provided me all the circumstances to work in a climate model and did not miss the part of the support was supposed to get it, but got him.'

Palma singled out President of the Federation of the former basketball Tareq Zu'bi , who as a friend, and said it 'set a good example of leadership and secure achievement', adding: 'Nor can I forget the staff who worked with him both the technical, administrative, medical, or sustained me in the cadres and staff. '

The reasons for his achievement, saying: 'What was possible for the Federation to achieve success without the support of the Olympic Committee stood firmly behind the national team at the William Jones, and the officials provided us with all the requirements during the Asian Cup, they did so because they believed the project, and we goodwill. '

He also said: 'This is a victory for Jordan basketball players and former coaches who have worked so hard they had delivered to us the torch so we continued the Road .'

Key role of the press

And the fourth, Palma said: 'When I came here the press were not satisfied with my work, but after that the improved results and found that the press was very fair and believes in team and looks forward to completion, and the support of the press if we are to achieve what we have achieved.'

He continued: 'I feel that the Whole Jordan going to the World Cup with us, not only the team, so that every person who relates to Basketball helped us , if not now In the past, and let me provide an example of the Sports Manager in the city of Al-Hussein Youth Radwan Al-Abbadi is one of the supporters of the team, he has a special relationship with the players, to follow up on the training ground in the hall, Prince Hamzah, moment by moment, and therefore he preferred to achievement. '

Plan for the future

Palma said, and the future: 'I have a plan for the World Cup can not be any plan to succeed, especially if it is a huge and extraordinary, without a special budget monitoring, as well as the cooperation of everyone.'

He added: 'next season will be exceptional, as the great benefits of the clubs must not coincide with the known benefits team, and we have to use the state of cooperation with Zain Club who has a 9 or 10 players for the international format, it must be concerted efforts so that we can assemble the team Over 12 months, as we have done over the past 16 months. '

He continued: 'I have begun an ambitious plan for the month of October the next, through the team's camp will be held in Europe, in the month of November will join the players their Clubs, and placed a special program for Zain through partnerships in the international tournaments, Dubai and West Asia and Arab clubs The tournament, in order to give him the opportunity to qualify for the World Cup for clubs, which will be organized from next year, will be held after the conclusion of Fiba World Cup Turkey 2010 at least one month, after which it must continue assembling the team for the masters. '

He explained: 'This is the public perception of my point of view and should not Forget Local league must be strengthened by foreigners, so do not lose sight of the importance of capacity to foreign competition, as if we were able to improve the club and its achievements, we will be able in turn to increase the team together, and we must remember we will not go to Turkey for the cruise, but to compete vigorously in search of a win in every game, regardless of the strength of the NT who were going to play against him. '

Palma pointed out that the task is not impossible, the evidence that 'we recently played 3 games in Italy, and we know with certainty that the difference between us and them is not big, and I will work to develop a program and plan of action and I will be presenting The new Federation that the program needs to have huge budget and implementation of many of the details, and will not impose I will say one thing on my mind and leave the decision-makers. '

I know the border and committed to contracts

And whether the new Federation did not wish the continuation of the same coaching staff, Palma said: 'I am a professional coach and I know what my responsibilities and the border, and if the new Federation will be made up of non-continuing problems, they will be giving me a full contract, which expires at the end of the World Cup, and applied to my contract applies to the aide, Mario Gomez, who is now one of the best assistant coaches in the world, and not my own to continue the pre-3 years in a row in the same position .
    pLAY yOUR gAME , dON'T b aSHAMED

The best for you Palma

Palma is also a product of Angola Basketball...very few people know but Palma grow up in Angola and only play basketball in Angola with Benfica de Luanda and was also in Angola that him start his coach carear... thats why we angolans consider him one of us.

So we angolans wish the best for him and will be great if Angola play against Jordan in next world cup.

Comment

^^When was Mario Palma started coaching Angola
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

1 thing about jordan is that they c themselves much better than they really are ...they were talking about winning asia since 2006 and they barely got 3rd ...in reality it should,ve been china vs jordan if not for the uzbekistani referee and chances were that china would,ve won the game so u can make a point that jordan had more chances of finishing 4th than 1st and they should feel fortunate and happy with what they got...with all this said jordan think they should,ve won the tournament ...in 2005 they wanted to finish in the top 3 and they finished 7th and in 2007 they wanted to win it all and they finished 5th and now after barely getting 3rd they think they should,ve won it ..this is 1 thing that makes teams hate jordan is that they think their better than what they really are and now they wanna beat world class teams ....i dt think they can even come close not even against teams like venezuala and australia ...........

Comment

Originally posted by karim View Post
          1 thing about jordan is that they c themselves much better than they really are ...they were talking about winning asia since 2006 and they barely got 3rd ...in reality it should,ve been china vs jordan if not for the uzbekistani referee and chances were that china would,ve won the game so u can make a point that jordan had more chances of finishing 4th than 1st and they should feel fortunate and happy with what they got...with all this said jordan think they should,ve won the tournament ...in 2005 they wanted to finish in the top 3 and they finished 7th and in 2007 they wanted to win it all and they finished 5th and now after barely getting 3rd they think they should,ve won it ..this is 1 thing that makes teams hate jordan is that they think their better than what they really are and now they wanna beat world class teams ....i dt think they can even come close not even against teams like venezuala and australia ...........
          We have beaten Lebanon 3 times in a row in less than 3 2 weeks and you still talking and talking !!!!

We should get at least the 2nd place as well as we lost against Iran by 2 pts only , if we had then luck in the 1st 2 quarters then we should won easily over the Champions of asia now ....

We are one of the best 3 teams in Asia whether you like it or Not , we will beat Venezuela and show hard time for any team in world cup and you will see .

From where u heard that we where planning to get 2005 asia title !?? we were in the beginning of our plan then and Palma was not with us and also Rasheim Wright who kicked u hard >>>>>>>>>

We planned to get a card to World championship and we got it , but at least we did not plan to beat China and get Asia cup and we failed like others
          We are trying to be humble and calm as much as we can in our work and when we reach our Goals we have the right to celebrate as we like ......

Am not convinced why you hate Jordan that much !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SOLO View Post
            We have beaten Lebanon 3 times in a row in less than 3 2 weeks and you still talking and talking !!!!

We should get at least the 2nd place as well as we lost against Iran by 2 pts only , if we had then luck in the 1st 2 quarters then we should won easily over the Champions of asia now ....

We are one of the best 3 teams in Asia whether you like it or Not , we will beat Venezuela and show hard time for any team in world cup and you will see .

From where u heard that we where planning to get 2005 asia title !?? we were in the beginning of our plan then and Palma was not with us and also Rasheim Wright who kicked u hard >>>>>>>>>

We planned to get a card to World championship and we got it , but at least we did not plan to beat China and get Asia cup and we failed like others
            We are trying to be humble and calm as much as we can in our work and when we reach our Goals we have the right to celebrate as we like ......

Am not convinced why you hate Jordan that much !!!!

let the critics speak their ideas.

your country is third, you're going to the worlds, and you have a great shot for the gold in asiad next year

gloat and be proud and let the sour losers whine, never underestimate the power of envy

Comment

i dont know Mr Karim where u got that idea from that we wanted to be in the top 3 in 2005?
              first of all back in 2005 we had alot of problems with in our national team..
              alot of experienced players left the game..so the Fed decided to go with our young team which is the core of this current NT...they were all back then 23 years old..only zeid alkhas and sam daghlas and nassr bassam were the oldest players then and were more experienced not to forget that ayman d3es
              who was playing his best game back then and was the best center in west asia was injuerd and didnt play ,enver also didnt play back then he was 20 times better than now..also murad barakat left the team just 1 week before the asian championship. we all knew that that team wont do much and the 7th place isnt bad...as for 2007...it was 1 bad game against japan that made us out ...but 2 years after we got 3rd place and we could'have gotten the 2 place minimum *the last basket for samad bahrami was O foul*,dont forget that we also were missing the best 3 point shooter jamal abu shamal for injury.
              Last edited by WIZARD; 08-22-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

i admit jordan causes matchup up problems for lebanon just like RP did for us in 2007 but i dont think overall ur better ....but common dont u agree that u should have been playing china for the bronze medal game if not for the ref ? be honest , that referee benefited jordan just as much as he hurt lebanon..if not for it it would,ve been china and jordan and not leb and jordan...a much tougher challenge for jordan matchup wise(jian lian and wang zhizhi) so its like jordan took lebanons place in the world cup cuz of that call cuz there was a huge chance china would,ve beaten them ......

Comment

i admit jordan causes matchup up problems for lebanon just like RP did for us in 2007 but i dont think overall ur better ....but common dont u agree that u should have been playing china for the bronze medal game if not for the ref ? be honest , that referee benefited jordan just as much as he hurt lebanon..if not for it it would,ve been china and jordan and not leb and jordan...a much tougher challenge for jordan matchup wise(jian lian and wang zhizhi) so its like jordan took lebanons place in the world cup cuz of that call cuz there was a huge chance china would,ve beaten them ......
                  " Close Match-ups " !!!!
                  The philis in your match-ups did not win but caused problems , this u can call it close match-ups BUT :
                  beating a team 3 times in row in less than 3 weeks is not close match-up !

China was leading all the game against Lebanon , and do not put everything on the Uzbek Referee !!
                  he is a human and don't hate Lebanon as much as u hate Jordan

Iran beaten China 18 pts , and we lost against Iran by 2 pts so we gonna beat china 16 pts hehe , that is your Logic Babe !!!

Lebanon Honestly don't deserve to b in Semi Finals in Tianjin cause a team who loses 4 times is not a candidate for going to World Championship at all ... where theri is another level and harder one

Comment

Originally posted by SOLO View Post
                    China was leading all the game against Lebanon , and do not put everything on the Uzbek Referee !!
                    he is a human and don't hate Lebanon as much as u hate Jordan
                    Sorry but it seems u didnt watch the game.
                    Lebanon was up all the 1st half,china led in the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter was tied.
                    Proud to be Lebanese
                    www.arabasket.com

Comment

All I can say is the best of luck for the teams of Jordan, Iran and China. As asian representatives, we want to see them perform well in the coming world cup in Turkey. Let's cheer for them and show the world what asian basketball has become. Don't you agree ?

Like the old adage goes "If you can't beat them join them".....

Comment

No ur wrong again, WE ARE Overall better , and we sould've played The Finals..Not the 3rd..we lost the game against iran same way u lost against China last iranian basket was AN O Foul, but the ref didnt call it and we lost..plus when u lose 3 times in a row in less than 3 weeks doesnt that Ring a bell??? hello!!!!....btw in the quarter finals the 5 starters were all sick ((they all had Flu )) and it reached its limitis during the semi finals.
                        Last edited by WIZARD; 08-22-2009, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Let's hope you guys (Jordan) get a good grouping. Iran failed to notch a win last year because their group was pretty tough.

By all means, you need to face at least one or two teams that are not as strong as Greece or Argentina. Lebanon managed to grab victories over Venezuela and France three years ago, so I know you have a good chance in getting a win. Unfortunately, Qatar was placed in the toughest group at the WC 2006, which is why they lost all their games.
                          GILAS WISHLIST:
                          6'8 Pingris

Comment

i said CAUSE matchup problems not CLOSE match up problems they mite sound alike but their totally different words..........+ i dont think jordan (so happy in being 3rd and have never reached an asian championship semi final before this year ) is better than lebanon(5 asian championships in the last decade and 3 silver medals) ...jordan will get a huge dose of reality once the world basketball championship starts just like qatar did in 2006 its gonna be fun watching them against the tall and talented european teams , hope lebanon will get a wildcard and show jordan how its done ...if they dont jordan can always watch tapes of lebanese wins against venezuala and france to see how its done ...u already imitated us in getting arabs from outside(daghlas,enver,jamal....) and than imitated by getting the same imports we had in lebanon(scott thurman) ..than with the naturalized player(rasheem) ... no sense in stopping now ....PEACE OUT

Comment

i said CAUSE matchup problems not CLOSE match up problems they mite sound alike but their totally different words..........+ i dont think jordan (so happy in being 3rd and have never reached an asian championship semi final before this year ) is better than lebanon(5 asian championships in the last decade and 3 silver medals) ...jordan will get a huge dose of reality once the world basketball championship starts just like qatar did in 2006 its gonna be fun watching them against the tall and talented european teams , hope lebanon will get a wildcard and show jordan how its done ...if they dont jordan can always watch tapes of lebanese wins against venezuala and france to see how its done ...u already imitated us in getting arabs from outside(daghlas,enver,jamal....) and than imitated by getting the same imports we had in lebanon(scott thurman) ..than with the naturalized player(rasheem) ... no sense in stopping now ....PEACE OUT
                              We are talking about now not History
                              So stop singing the same Song : " We Won over France "
                              Who is France by the Way , it's not Argentina nor Greece nor USA ...

Who cares ......

For me , Am not hoping that Lebanon gets a Wild Card to Turkey 2010 for 1 simple reason : Decrease your arrogance + To learn something from Jordan And Iran in being calm and Humble ....

Our Iranian members here although Iran grabbed the Title from China , they did not say a word before or after the Asian cup !!!! but the Lebanese Forumers kept telling Bullshits and Curses against others ...

it sounds like an Arabic wise saying :" Who Talks So much , Does Nothing "

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information