bolabasket
08-10-2009, 10:35 AM
hope the hot shooting continues

TrueBluePinoy
08-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Maybe Kerby's gearing up for Iran.

donspark47
08-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Good Luck team PILIPINAS!:eek::rolleyes::)

kerdito
08-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Iran is a team with 3 deadfull weapons : Mahdi Kamrani the PG, Samad Nikhah the Forward scoring machine and of course Hamed Haddadi the wall of Iran, a terrific block shoter with a good touch (comparing to Asian Level not NBA of course) anyway the first key to stop Iran is to put Mahdi ( one of the best PG if he ain't the best) under big time pressure, and avoiding Haddadi's blocks maybe trying to get him into foul trouble ( Aguilar's mission if he was hot) and maybe Aguilar is able to defend Samad Nikkhah since he is quick and Athletic. anyway Good luck..... tough game.

interxavierxxx
08-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Iran is obviously going to Haddadi and Bahrami for easy points, so our job now is to make sure the ball doesn't reach these two with ease. The defense we played on Ha was good but we need more than that to give Haddadi a headache. Kerby needs to get his game going so he can repeat his performance vs. Iran two years ago (he forced three Iranian players to foul out).

The guards we need to watch out for is Kamrani as he is often responsible for dishing out the ball to Haddadi and Bahrami. Pressuring him is a MUST.

Davari and Afagh are both good outside shooters, so the defense we played on our opponents (which limited their outside shots) must work on these two as well as the other Iranian players.

Defense and good offense is the answer!

macan77
08-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I think we will be doing fine tomorrow..our coaches I think know how to beat Iran..and I think it will be Guiao who will be saying tomorrow, "Easy Game, no problem"..LOL:)

ThreeStars&aSun
08-10-2009, 10:54 AM
ANIMO PILIPINAS!
For FLAG and COUNTRY!
ONE BIG FIGHT!!!
WE BELIEVE!

reamily
08-10-2009, 11:07 AM
I think we will be doing fine tomorrow..our coaches I think know how to beat Iran..and I think it will be Guiao who will be saying tomorrow, "Easy Game, no problem"..LOL:)

I really want that serbian coach to eat his word win or lose:D:D:D

bhinov
08-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Win or Lose, It's okay for me. As long as they show toughness and play their hearts out. We all know how tough Iran in the last 2 years. Just give your 100%.

I hope Coach Yeng pull some surprises from the bench. We have the momentum, we just need to keep it.

WIZARD
08-10-2009, 11:17 AM
i dont know,,i have a feeling its gonna be a blowout ,although i hope am wrong, cuz i wanna see some damn basketball.

bolabasket
08-10-2009, 11:22 AM
OT: Sri Lanka leads Uzbekistan 16-15

toofast23
08-10-2009, 11:25 AM
i also expect baguio to have great game because his speed will be one of the key. it will give us fastbreak points easily i dont see any other player in the iran side who can match up with baguios speed.

raichu08
08-10-2009, 11:26 AM
We're not gonna brag about anything nor predict a win.

We need full force of everyone. Focus, Good Rhythm from the outside, Suffocating defense lots and lots of Prayers also Cory Magic.

Also a restraining order from that stupid greek referee 2 years ago.

toofast23
08-10-2009, 11:38 AM
wag sana mandaya ang iran bukas. Maligo sana sila at gumamit ng tawas.

Trans:
Expect a hotly contested and exciting game bet. Iran and our team tommorow.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ang mamatay ng dahil sayo-pilipinas

this is funny man! Lol!

donspark47
08-10-2009, 12:17 PM
ANIMO PILIPINAS!
For FLAG and COUNTRY!
ONE BIG FIGHT!!!
WE BELIEVE!

I'm with you!:)

donspark47
08-10-2009, 12:19 PM
OT: Sri Lanka leads Uzbekistan 16-15

wow! exciting game...:D

joel23
08-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Dont expect Philippines will lose to Iran. Dont forget about Jones Cup 2007 Philippines beat Iran by 10! Hamed Hadadi can stop by Taulava & Penissi

durden_tyler
08-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Dont expect Philippines will lose to Iran. Dont forget about Jones Cup 2007 Philippines beat Iran by 10! Hamed Hadadi can stop by Taulava & Penissi

Times like these... Everyone wants to agree with Joel23 :D

Early game tomorrow (Goodness, we should have played the 9AM game)... The only good thing about this is we are real real fresh for that tiff against Iran off the game against Taipei, where we were sizzling from the perimeter. The confidence is at an all-time high, hopefully we could capitalize on the momentum.

The Iranians are better at closing out than the Taiwanese so it's time for our penetration on the half court set to step up this time. Asi and Mick will be there defensively anything from them on offense will be a big, big bonus against that massive frontline of Iran.

If we are going to lose, it's going to be a small margin--- that is assuming we don't get as hot as earlier tonight.

raichu08
08-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Hamed Hadadi reminds me of Uozumi from Slam Dunk. More of the face than the game.

donspark47
08-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Hope coach YG give more playing time to Gabe..he is not getting his rhythm, hope the coaches seen for that it might play as point or any specific role what he is gonna do..hope he can start the ball game vs IRAN for match ups and bring back his confidence, it seems he is out of rhythm now... it could like this'

PENISSI - C
AGUILAR - F
DILINGER - F
YAP - G
NORWOOD - G

But if he is out of rhythm again in the 7 mins. play for 1st qtr. I guess it's time to substitute, the important is coaches test his playing minutes..

- Still Gabe, Kerby and Arwind are out of rhythm, James Yap is done for CT, hope this guys shown tomorrow... :eek:

Silent Killer
08-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Guys have you notice that Coach yeng's starting 5 against Iran is his former players in Red Bull? :D

We might see Asi start against IR Iran. Aguilar at PF? we'll see.

apiSigbinz
08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
i hate to lose but i'm not also excited for a win against Iran tomorrow.. i don't know but for me tomorrow's game doesn't matter that much..

interxavierxxx
08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't see any reason for us to beat Iran because I don't think it's important to place 2nd in this group.

Why on earth would you want to be second when you will eventually meet China in the semi-finals (assuming we get past the Quarterfinals)?

We either grab 1st or 3rd as this keeps away from a team (China) that is 99% assured of winning against us.

If I was YG, I'd start developing a strategy that will steal a hard fought win against Jordan or Lebanon.

iranian
08-10-2009, 02:14 PM
iran will win 30 points on the weak philippines

durden_tyler
08-10-2009, 02:17 PM
I don't see any reason for us to beat Iran because I don't think it's important to place 2nd in this group.

Why on earth would you want to be second when you will eventually meet China in the semi-finals (assuming we get past the Quarterfinals)?

We either grab 1st or 3rd as this keeps away from a team (China) that is 99% assured of winning against us.

If I was YG, I'd start developing a strategy that will steal a hard fought win against Jordan or Lebanon.

Good points. But isn't that looking too far ahead? China is in a different level probably but not a mile compared to Jordan, Iran and Lebanon. Either way, we'd have to pass TWO of these teams (knockout stages) if we want to qualify.

This team has not played together for so long i think it's important to continue building on their confidence as we go along--- we need that, we have such a volatile, streaky group of players that i think playing to win helps more rather than scouting/preparing and such.

Oh well, we'll see Guiao's plans about 12 hours from now.

Run'N Gun
08-10-2009, 02:23 PM
so what do you want guys for tomorrow, W or L? :cool:

iranian
08-10-2009, 02:26 PM
L big margin..sorry

durden_tyler
08-10-2009, 02:28 PM

Yeah, i'd go W. Play the right way and the pieces will fall in to play!

Go Pinas! Beat Iran!

patay-butiki
08-10-2009, 02:29 PM

1. i'm not a big fan of strategies like this.
2. china is not as strong as before (based on their games so far here in tianjin).

Run'N Gun
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
@ iranian, oh, its ok, besides we dont care about U :p :D

patay-butiki
08-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Iran is a team with 3 deadfull weapons : Mahdi Kamrani the PG, Samad Nikhah the Forward scoring machine and of course Hamed Haddadi the wall of Iran, a terrific block shoter with a good touch (comparing to Asian Level not NBA of course) anyway the first key to stop Iran is to put Mahdi ( one of the best PG if he ain't the best) under big time pressure, and avoiding Haddadi's blocks maybe trying to get him into foul trouble ( Aguilar's mission if he was hot) and maybe Aguilar is able to defend Samad Nikkhah since he is quick and Athletic. anyway Good luck..... tough game.

1. dillinger/norwood/baguio on kamrani.
2. dillinger/norwood/santos on samad.
3. asi/pennisi on haddadi.

please, no james yap on either kamrani or samad. miller/helterbrand may also need help on kamrani. maybe they should guard the SG instead.

durden_tyler
08-10-2009, 02:37 PM
2. china is not as strong as before (based on their games so far here in tianjin).

But it is a given that they are the strongest. But here's a thought, if we do consider this strategy imagine the horror when Jordan manages to upset China and we were stuck at #3! It's a collision with China anyway!

So yeah, play our cards every time and play them to win. If this was poker, we never have the big stacks to begin with; what's the point of strategy if we are going to lose 'em chips anyway?

patay-butiki
08-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Hope coach YG give more playing time to Gabe..he is not getting his rhythm, hope the coaches seen for that it might play as point or any specific role what he is gonna do..hope he can start the ball game vs IRAN for match ups and bring back his confidence, it seems he is out of rhythm now... it could like this'

PENISSI - C
AGUILAR - F
DILINGER - F
YAP - G
NORWOOD - G

But if he is out of rhythm again in the 7 mins. play for 1st qtr. I guess it's time to substitute, the important is coaches test his playing minutes..

- Still Gabe, Kerby and Arwind are out of rhythm, James Yap is done for CT, hope this guys shown tomorrow... :eek:

i agree. FREE GABE NORWOOD!!! :D

sickcurtain_16
08-10-2009, 02:39 PM

Me either. Let's just play the game and win as much games as we can! Go RP! :)

greenarcher
08-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Win or lose we eventually have to face either Jordan or Lebanon. Right?:rolleyes:

And the only way to meet Qatar instead of those 2 is to beat Iran and Kuwait while Iran beats Korea. Right?

durden_tyler
08-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Win or lose we eventually have to face either Jordan or Lebanon. Right?:rolleyes:

And the only way to meet Qatar instead of those 2 is to beat Iran and Kuwait while Iran beats Korea. Right?

That's about right. And even then we'd have to worry about how many points Iran has over Korea. So it's really out of our hands positioning, match-ups)

i say, let's play to win nonetheless.

igorotski
08-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Good points. But isn't that looking too far ahead? China is in a different level probably but not a mile compared to Jordan, Iran and Lebanon. Either way, we'd have to pass TWO of these teams (knockout stages) if we want to qualify.

This team has not played together for so long i think it's important to continue building on their confidence as we go along--- we need that, we have such a volatile, streaky group of players that i think playing to win helps more rather than scouting/preparing and such.

Oh well, we'll see Guiao's plans about 12 hours from now.

China's focus is somewhat questionable, based on their games with UAE and Kaz--they couldnt blow them out thoroughly. Yes they're strong right now but so far, they've not been the mad beast i expected. I won't be that surprised if the hungry Mideast teams beat them.

apiSigbinz
08-10-2009, 02:59 PM
if I were Coach Yeng since we'll eventually meet either Jordan or Lebanon i would use tomorrow's ballgame to test some really good set plays that can free up our SF.. so far they're not really successful with Jared and Norwood didn't even attempted to attack the basket that often..

they should also slow down the game to avoid injury and conserve energy.. at this point in the tourney, it is really important also to prepare ahead..

winning or losing does not really matter for me.. the important thing is they'll develop some penetration and inside play..

if they win then good, Iran might pull an upset against Korea.. yes it's not a typo, Korea is my favorite to beat Iran slightly..

if they lose, then at least they've gained something from playing with a MidEast country..

jramoyo
08-10-2009, 03:00 PM

L big margin..sorry

you are aware that that question goes for whichever team you are supporting yeah?

tiffac
08-10-2009, 03:16 PM
i agree. FREE GABE NORWOOD!!! :D

Gabe is not ready to lead this team, I don't see it happening, you got Jayjay who leads the team in assist and Miller who shows he can light up the outside shots at the 1 spot already. Gabe has not done both, so it would be counter productive to pressure Gabe at the 1 spot when he has yet to get any footing in the tourney.

Also I'm getting pissed at Kerby's tendency to not make the quick pass and opt out to pump fake the pass and letting the opponent set up their defense, he just can't let go of that tendency.

Dillinger on the other hand won't scrap for the ball when its going outside, this is the second straight game where he let the ball go out, thinking the opposition touched it last, you don't think, you just get the ball.

Thank God for Willie, James and Jayjay 3pt shooting they lit up the game against CT.

I don't expect us to win tomorrow but I would like to see a close and respectable game still.

Run'N Gun
08-10-2009, 03:19 PM
oo nga no :p

trans: iranian poser, youre owned :D

patay-butiki
08-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Gabe is not ready to lead this team, I don't see it happening, you got Jayjay who leads the team in assist and Miller who shows he can light up the outside shots at the 1 spot already. Gabe has not done both, so it would be counter productive to pressure Gabe at the 1 spot when he has yet to get any footing in the tourney.

Also I'm getting pissed at Kerby's tendency to not make the quick pass and opt out to pump fake the pass and letting the opponent set up their defense, he just can't let go of that tendency.

Dillinger on the other hand won't scrap for the ball when its going outside, this is the second straight game where he let the ball go out, thinking the opposition touched it last, you don't think, you just get the ball.

Thank God for Willie, James and Jayjay 3pt shooting they lit up the game against CT.

I don't expect us to win tomorrow but I would like to see a close and respectable game still.

maybe. but IMHO, gambling with Norwood at PG may be key to winning over the WABA teams and China. We need a tall line-up against those teams. A back court tandem like miller-yap is just too undersized for the bigger teams.

you don't expect us to win tomorrow? you are entitled to your own opinion. but given the track record of your predictions (nothing new here, you consistently think we'll lose), i think we'll do good tomorrow. :cool:

That's the approach of the PBA for a long time now. That is why we have struggled for so long... but now we can thank God that after this SBP will take over for our NT projects after this stint.

I know we are going to lose, I just hope its not that bad and we somehow by a miracle reach the 3rd round.

himala! may himala! :p

trans: miracle! there's a miracle! :D

talion..
08-10-2009, 04:04 PM
maybe. but IMHO, gambling with Norwood at PG may be key to winning over the WABA teams and China. We need a tall line-up against those teams. A back court tandem like miller-yap is just too undersized for the bigger teams.

you don't expect us to win tomorrow? you are entitled to your own opinion. but given the track record of your predictions (nothing new here, you consistently think we'll lose), i think we'll do good tomorrow. :cool:

agreed that norwood should be allowed to play PG. i saw him yet again bring down the ball for a few seconds. i thought he's way better than our best buddy Miller who by the way is a hero in this win over taipei. But Miller got pawned again by the opponent's pg turning over the ball in a one on one match up hehe.

tiffac
08-10-2009, 04:05 PM

Where did the flame bait come from? I don't make predictions, I hate making predictions, Don't take my word out of context for pete sake, didn't we lose 1 game to SoKo already? All I want is respectability is that too hard to ask and respect?

Dude if you need to look for a hater to flame someone, your looking at the wrong guy. I don't hate and if you've really followed my post (which of course I bet you didn't and of course couldn't....) I always stated and I quote "I rather be proven wrong"

Go to PEX my friend if you need to flame bait someone.

patay-butiki
08-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Where did the flame bait come from? I don't make predictions, I hate making predictions, Don't take my word out of context for pete sake, didn't we lose 1 game to SoKo already? All I want is respectability is that too hard to ask and respect?

Dude if you need to look for a hater to flame someone, your looking at the wrong guy. I don't hate and if you've really followed my post (which of course I bet you didn't and of course couldn't....) I always stated and I quote "I rather be proven wrong"

Go to PEX my friend if you need to flame bait someone.

again, my problem with guys like you is you predict we'll lose, and gets to jack off if we do. but if win, then you have the convenient excuse "I rather be proven wrong."

dude, you predicted that it will be a miracle for us to reach the 3rd round (whatever that is). we are officially in the quarters, and here you are again "expecting" we will lose against iran.

you may not be a hater. but you are definitely a non-believer.

flame bait? hmmm.... so you think i'm doing this just to piss you off? just to start a fight?

dude, i'm doing this because i cannot stand your posts about us losing here and losing there and not reaching whatever. oh yeah. you rather be proven wrong, right?

and what's with all the pex bashing???

anyways, you don't want flaming? then better shut your mouth about us losing. especially on the eve of one of the more crucial games in tianjin.

hay naku... presyon ko :cool:

Jedi_master_from_phils
08-10-2009, 04:40 PM
I think we can use Norwoood as a point forward for this game that's a doable..We just need to shut down their shooters and play physical game to them..I think we can win it if play it perfectly and please make your free throws and less fouls but best defense must be in order

d_viper
08-10-2009, 04:55 PM
goodluck rp team

tiffac
again, my problem with guys like you is you predict we'll lose, and gets to jack off if we do. but if win, then you have the convenient excuse "I rather be proven wrong."

dude, you predicted that it will be a miracle for us to reach the 3rd round (whatever that is). we are officially in the quarters, and here you are again "expecting" we will lose against iran.

you may not be a hater. but you are definitely a non-believer.

flame bait? hmmm.... so you think i'm doing this just to piss you off? just to start a fight?

dude, i'm doing this because i cannot stand your posts about us losing here and losing there and not reaching whatever. oh yeah. you rather be proven wrong, right?

and what's with all the pex bashing???

anyways, you don't want flaming? then better shut your mouth about us losing. especially on the eve of one of the more crucial games in tianjin.

hay naku... presyon ko :cool:

Dude your just putting a spin on what your saying, you say your not flaming but you can't stand my post and can't help to make side comments and then you tell me to STFU for my opinion and don't believe me that I rather be wrong... I didn't know there was only your way or the highway to support our team.

Hell you even judged me and say I'm happy if we lose? WTF? I didn't know your a god and can say such a thing...? for pete sakes man, I rather have any miracle as long as we win and even if we don't as long as we gave the opponents a tough time I'll be happy.

So stop trolling about me coz you don't know me. making ASSumptions is unbecoming and bordering lameness.

I'm all and fine for having a debate but be sensible enough not to be a jack arz about it. PEX has ton of fanboys and haters that's why I said if you need to flame feel free to post there, lots of people will take you on it.

flipballa7
Iran remains the heavy favorite but i wouldn't be too quick to rule out an upset if we get one of those "perfect games" Ehadidi will be tough but i worry about Kamrani and Nikkah as well.

http://theprodigy7.wordpress.com

d_viper
08-10-2009, 05:01 PM
common guys we only have one team here .........

saints13
08-10-2009, 05:07 PM
well, we haven't beaten IR Iran in recent history, the last WIN I can remember was the one in the 2007 Jones Cup. even this year, Smart Gilas had a hard time in Champions Cup against Iran and Vroman. hmm. It's more sane to say that we'd lose than we'll win. I do hope RP tries to fight hard to upset the defending Champs, a win against Iran guarantees are of a more favorable position in the QF. pero kung titingnan lang talaga yun nasa kabilang bakod e sa position ng RP e mamimili ka lang sa China, Lebanon or Jordan sa QF. :) awts.

translation:
the big dogs are on the other side of the fence :)

btw, there was an article released by FIBA Asia wherein Samad Nikkah was interviewed, and he never mentioned RP as the contender. when reporters in RP asked YG what can he say about the Iranian player who discounted RP from the threats on Iran's defense of the Championship, he said that it's more beneficial for our team to be underestimated by powerhouse teams like IR Iran. I hope YG sends a message to Samad tomorrow, hehehe, sikuhin na yan :)

patay-butiki
08-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Dude your just putting a spin on what your saying, you say your not flaming but you can't stand my post and can't help to make side comments and then you tell me to STFU for my opinion and don't believe me that I rather be wrong... I didn't know there was only your way or the highway to support our team.

Hell you even judged me and say I'm happy if we lose? WTF? I didn't know your a god and can say such a thing...? for pete sakes man, I rather have any miracle as long as we win and even if we don't as long as we gave the opponents a tough time I'll be happy.

So stop trolling about me coz you don't know me. making ASSumptions is unbecoming and bordering lameness.

I'm all and fine for having a debate but be sensible enough not to be a jack arz about it. PEX has ton of fanboys and haters that's why I said if you need to flame feel free to post there, lots of people will take you on it.

flaming... trolling... don't you think you're the one judging me???

anyways, debates like this are a waste of time. but atleast you know not everyone is happy with your predictions, este expectations.

dude, you say you expect us not to win. you say you KNOW we will lose. what kind of interpretation do you expect from me. if you think we will have a difficult game, then just say so. then you can say you still support and believe in the team. but you cannot say "i expect us not to win" and then say "i hope i can be proven wrong."

IMHO what you're doing is just plain wrong. but i guess that's just my point of view. but what can you expect? this is a forum for basketball fans. i see you expecting my team to lose. i see you KNOWING that it'll be a miracle for my team to advance. i tried to ignore your comments, but dude, enough is enough.

anyways, i just have to point this out to you. if you honestly believe that there is no contradiction with what you're saying (about knowing and expecting but not predicting; about knowing and expecting we will lose but wanting to be proven wrong) then i guess i can't do anything more about that.

moving on.....

-----
FREE GABE NORWOOD!!!

tiffac
08-10-2009, 05:14 PM
common guys we only have one team here .........

My friend I really don't know where he came from, he had a good first post with his opinion of Norwood over mine and then he flamed me and digged up an old post to boot and claims I'm happy if we lose coz I said it would be a miracle if we made 3rd round.

I mean I posted prayers on this site for our team (although the second one came from someone else) I always said that I would love to be proven wrong and has posted countless times that credit must be given when its due but criticize when its necessary and I've done a little of both and will be honest about it but I am never happy if we lose, I've been frustrated we've come up short for 2 decades now and then I get a side comment when the person doesn't even know me.

I'm hated for my opinion and being questioned for my love of the team. Its insane, I really don't know where he is coming from with all this. I'm being judge on one post alone, long before I even knew how the ranking system in FIBA-Asia is.

SupaRuki
08-10-2009, 05:17 PM
When Iran clobbered us in the Jones cup, their coach Vaselin Matic had this to say afterwards:
“Game was very easy, no problem,”
Arrogant or not, he was right on here.

I hope this statement will rally us to perform very well later. :)

saints13
08-10-2009, 05:20 PM
When Iran clobbered us in the Jones cup, their coach Vaselin Matic had this to say afterwards:

he's not arrogant, he's honest :) unlike Mario Palma, who always praises RP after they beat us, showbiz. hehehe.

tiffac
08-10-2009, 05:25 PM
flaming... trolling... don't you think you're the one judging me???

anyways, debates like this are a waste of time. but atleast you know not everyone is happy with your predictions, este expectations.

dude, you say you expect us not to win. you say you KNOW we will lose. what kind of interpretation do you expect from me. if you think we will have a difficult game, then just say so. then you can say you still support and believe in the team. but you cannot say "i expect us not to win" and then say "i hope i can be proven wrong."

IMHO what you're doing is just plain wrong. but i guess that's just my point of view. but what can you expect? this is a forum for basketball fans. i see you expecting my team to lose. i see you KNOWING that it'll be a miracle for my team to advance. i tried to ignore your comments, but dude, enough is enough.

anyways, i just have to point this out to you. if you honestly believe that there is no contradiction with what you're saying (about knowing and expecting but not predicting; about knowing and expecting we will lose but wanting to be proven wrong) then i guess i can't do anything more about that.

moving on.....

-----
FREE GABE NORWOOD!!!

Hay you started it not me, your the one saying that I'm something that I'm not and never will be proud to be and is taking my word out of context and putting spins in your reasons for your unprovoked attacks...

I don't know where your coming from but if it gives you any comfort then by all means you win since you don't want to be proven wrong about your beliefs of me then fine. I'll respect that (I mean its not like this is the 1st time I've ever been misunderstood) and I'll respect the other members of the board, so they can post their opinions whatever it is coz I never for once believe an opinion to be wrong unless it is openly states an attack on another. So lets enjoy the entire FIBA games, win or lose, believe me or not.

Btw I rather have a miracle than none at all.

SupaRuki
08-10-2009, 05:26 PM
he's not arrogant, he's honest :) unlike Mario Palma, who always praises RP after they beat us, showbiz. hehehe.

Ditto. As i mentioned he was right on irregardless.
lol at Mario Palma, maybe he wants a shot at coaching team RP in the future :D

Kidding aside lets all hope for the best mamaya
Godspeed Team Pilipinas! :)

interxavierxxx
08-10-2009, 05:35 PM

Not a bad idea since Palma previoulsy coached the undersized Angolan team and was successful in landing them victories in the African Championships.

After Toroman, we need to look at coaches that have effective systems for our national team programs.

cod3breaker
08-10-2009, 05:38 PM
THE GAME WAS EASY, NO PROBLEM.

COACH YENG, PAPAYAG KA BA NA ANGASAN KA NANG GANUN GANUN NALANG?

Trans:

Mario Palma is a great coach.

saints13
08-10-2009, 05:42 PM

I have a feeling too, or he's just polite to the teams he doesn't consider as a threat. remember, he was harsh to Iran during the WJC.

infairness to Samad and Matic, they're just bluntly honest, di sila showbiz. hehehe.

tiffac
08-10-2009, 05:44 PM

Trans:

Yeng would lose his hair, if he ever heard of that. lolz! joke joke

talion..
08-10-2009, 05:48 PM

Trans:

so, if we win against iran we will face lebanon? and if we lose it's jordan? if you ask me i'd rather face lebanon in the quarters for all of the pinoy and lebanese forumers here.it will really be a good battle between lebanon's high calibre A-team and our undermanned but scrappy NT(playing without 3 of our best players in williams, reyes and hontiveros but still deadly). However, to get to lebanon, we have to exhaust our energy and risk injuries in trying to win over iran. coach guiao so far has proven to be an analytical coach. i think he will not force a win tomorrow. lebanon vs philippines in fiba asia might not materialize.

sickcurtain_16
08-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeng would lose his hair, if he ever heard of that. lolz! joke joke
I would love to see this one. hehehehe.

I bet he already knew about this.

saints13
08-10-2009, 05:56 PM
btw, I'm currently watchin the replay of RP vs. Taiwan, the long haired guy is eating our big men alive. :) anyways, what happened to Japeth? will he play tomorrow vs. Iran?

tedsulit
08-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Good luck to our National Team for their game tomorrow against IRAN.

saalsapr
08-10-2009, 06:19 PM
You can do it Philippines! Bite their friggin head off!

durden_tyler
08-10-2009, 06:29 PM
btw, I'm currently watchin the replay of RP vs. Taiwan, the long haired guy is eating our big men alive. :) anyways, what happened to Japeth? will he play tomorrow vs. Iran?

He played vs. Taiwan. He had a stupid reach in foul. Then attempted an ill-advised, albeit open, three point shot. Yeng Guiao pulled him out faster than Paul Artadi runs. Either he is still unhealthy or his plays were unhealthy for the team. Let's ask Guiao.

Los
08-10-2009, 07:30 PM
I love it when other teams underestimate P.I....I see it as a good sign...

Iran and the other Middle Eastern teams are not unbeatable...We've done it before so I don't get why people are saying as if they're on another level....Basketball is basketball man....P.I. has a good chance of beating these teams but "only if they play their cards right"...

We gotta get rid this mentality that P.I. is inferior to other teams..our players are one of the most skilled if not the most skilled players in Asia our team can really match up to any teams as long as P.I. play "as a unit"...We got some of the best talents but P.I. is weak "as a team"...that's the only thing that's holding us back we need more familiarity with each other...

nothing is impossible we can do it...

jundakki
08-10-2009, 08:13 PM
so, if we win against iran we will face lebanon? and if we lose it's jordan? if you ask me i'd rather face lebanon in the quarters for all of the pinoy and lebanese forumers here.it will really be a good battle between lebanon's high calibre A-team and our undermanned but scrappy NT(playing without 3 of our best players in williams, reyes and hontiveros but still deadly). However, to get to lebanon, we have to exhaust our energy and risk injuries in trying to win over iran. coach guiao so far has proven to be an analytical coach. i think he will not force a win tomorrow. lebanon vs philippines in fiba asia might not materialize.

whoops, not too fast kabayan, don't look beyond Kuwait ....

RAWAD
08-10-2009, 09:11 PM
GUYS tomorrow two big games:

lebanon vs china
iran vs philipines

I hope lebanon and philipines, i expect china and iran

tough games!!!!

durden_tyler
08-10-2009, 09:14 PM
GUYS tomorrow two big games:

lebanon vs china
iran vs philipines

I hope lebanon and philipines, i expect china and iran

tough games!!!!

Yup, our teams have the same theme: Slay the Giants! (And curiously we have the same problem as well how do we get to the #2 seed and such :D)

asapa11
08-10-2009, 09:37 PM
how to beat Iran...

rebound, shoot 3s, shoot fts

get Haddadi thrown out of the game early. He can bring Pennisi with him if he wants to. :D

roughen up Samad Nikkah.

and I guess we can handle it after that. :D

kidding aside, I think we should defend Haddadi very well and show him that we won't let him score that easily. put taulava and pennisi on him if we could maybe let him go to the Free throw line. and of course defend Samad Nikkah very well! he is a very good three pt shooter and penetrator. I think we should put Dillinger or Santos against him.

aside from Haddadi, the Iranian National Team appears to be almost the same size as the RP team.

they have 6'3" shooter Afagh, 6'7" do it all Nikkah, 6'7" PF (iranian barkley daw) Sahakian. 5'11" quick PG Kamrani.

often off the bench are 6'1" SG Davari sometimes starts instead of Afagh, 6'3" PG Amini, 6'11" C Dohragi, 6'8 PF Tajik, 6'6" SF Akbari.

I believe Iran is the team that likes to "babad" their starting line-up. so we will probably see the same line-up all through out the game with some reserves coming in every now and then.. so I think we should run. get them tired. and get haddadi in foul trouble, or get his hot head running.

tabac
08-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Philippines and IRAN

Team Stats Comparison

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7297/head2heads.jpg

reamily
08-10-2009, 11:20 PM
well, we haven't beaten IR Iran in recent history, the last WIN I can remember was the one in the 2007 Jones Cup. even this year, Smart Gilas had a hard time in Champions Cup against Iran and Vroman. hmm. It's more sane to say that we'd lose than we'll win. I do hope RP tries to fight hard to upset the defending Champs, a win against Iran guarantees are of a more favorable position in the QF. pero kung titingnan lang talaga yun nasa kabilang bakod e sa position ng RP e mamimili ka lang sa China, Lebanon or Jordan sa QF. :) awts.

translation:
the big dogs are on the other side of the fence :)

btw, there was an article released by FIBA Asia wherein Samad Nikkah was interviewed, and he never mentioned RP as the contender. when reporters in RP asked YG what can he say about the Iranian player who discounted RP from the threats on Iran's defense of the Championship, he said that it's more beneficial for our team to be underestimated by powerhouse teams like IR Iran. I hope YG sends a message to Samad tomorrow, hehehe, sikuhin na yan :)

In the last u18 champs we handle Irans only loss Iran became the eventual Asian u18 champions beating their senior:D:D counterparts Kazakhstan

Buran
08-10-2009, 11:27 PM
how to beat Iran...

rebound, shoot 3s, shoot fts

get Haddadi thrown out of the game early. He can bring Pennisi with him if he wants to. :D

roughen up Samad Nikkah.

and I guess we can handle it after that. :D

kidding aside, I think we should defend Haddadi very well and show him that we won't let him score that easily. put taulava and pennisi on him if we could maybe let him go to the Free throw line. and of course defend Samad Nikkah very well! he is a very good three pt shooter and penetrator. I think we should put Dillinger or Santos against him.

aside from Haddadi, the Iranian National Team appears to be almost the same size as the RP team.

they have 6'3" shooter Afagh, 6'7" do it all Nikkah, 6'7" PF (iranian barkley daw) Sahakian. 5'11" quick PG Kamrani.

often off the bench are 6'1" SG Davari sometimes starts instead of Afagh, 6'3" PG Amini, 6'11" C Dohragi, 6'8 PF Tajik, 6'6" SF Akbari.

I believe Iran is the team that likes to "babad" their starting line-up. so we will probably see the same line-up all through out the game with some reserves coming in every now and then.. so I think we should run. get them tired. and get haddadi in foul trouble, or get his hot head running.

we will have a nice contest if Philippino sharp shooters are scorching hot from behind the arc and if the team also does a good job defensively.
looking forward to seeing a nice game

DaveMap2007
08-11-2009, 12:00 AM
i miss the old school basketball....i remember marlou aquino making the big men of chinese taipei a hard time with his shot blocking skills...will athleticism has its price.

merps baller the return
08-11-2009, 12:00 AM
we will have a nice contest if Philippino sharp shooters are scorching hot from behind the arc and if the team also does a good job defensively.
looking forward to seeing a nice game

obviously iran is the favorite to win this one...but all i want from our team is just give iran a good fight;)

DaveMap2007
08-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Sunni muslims are praying for us guys

raichu08
08-11-2009, 12:10 AM

If we win against iran and iran wins against the sokors by a big margin, that would mean a triple tie and lets pray a quotient system would carry us against the quataris instead.

durden_tyler
08-11-2009, 12:40 AM
If we win against iran and iran wins against the sokors by a big margin, that would mean a triple tie and lets pray a quotient system would carry us against the quataris instead.

Yeah, one game at a time and one prayer at a time; but if God needs help with the actual numbers and computations, here it is:

Korea def. RP, 69-56 (KOR + 13, RP -13) = 0
RP def. Iran, 80-66 (RP +14, Iran -14) = +1
Iran def. Korea, 83-70 (Iran +13, KOR -13) = -1

That's the simplistic view but here's the actual FIBA computation (if indeed):

RP- 56+80/69+66 = 1.007
Iran - 66+83/80+70 = 0.993
Korea - 69+70/56+83 = 1.000

But yeah, one game at a time, and one prayer at a time :D

macan77
08-11-2009, 01:04 AM

its arrogant at its highest level..you don't add insult to injury..i guess he was pissed because ranidel retaliated Hadidi..if RP plays hardnose defense today, it would be payback time..and how i wish YG would be saying, “Game was very easy, no problem,”

prince75
08-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Today will be a good game to watch. I just dont know what is on Coach YG's mind - will he try to win this game and show most of his cards or he wont really go for a win due to the probability that RP maybe facing them in the quarters? YG may also try for a win, who knows if we beat Iran and SOKOR will lose against Iran and by the quotient system will be on the top of our group thus the possibility of playing against lowly quatar. NO matter what lets just keep supporting our team guys win or lose - a prayer do help and miracles do happen (tita cory). GO POWERADE RP TEAM!

IYF
08-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Yeah no doubt YG would still try for a win, but no pressure at all, santos, dillinger, baguio, those with little int'l experience, i would think YG will give them more playing time. YG will just play their usual game because winning against Iran (Note: Defending champs) is a task at itself, how much more winning over them by 14points or more to have a better quotient. Let's just enjoy the game.

bsgermany
08-11-2009, 01:29 AM
I'm already excited to watch today's game. Iran certainly the favorite, but I'm still crossing my fingers for an upset. I yet haven't given up hopes to see RP when I go to Turkey next year - although it would still be quite a surprise.

patay-butiki
08-11-2009, 01:29 AM
obviously iran is the favorite to win this one...but all i want from our team is just give iran a good fight;)

dude, what happened to our lunch in hell? i brought adobo and lechon kawali pa naman... :D

durden_tyler
08-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Yeah no doubt YG would still try for a win, but no pressure at all, santos, dillinger, baguio, those with little int'l experience, i would think YG will give them more playing time. YG will just play their usual game because winning against Iran (Note: Defending champs) is a task at itself, how much more winning over them by 14points or more to have a better quotient. Let's just enjoy the game.

Good point on the intentional international experience exposure for the guys you have mentioned. Also the guys who has not been consistently playing well (Santos, Raymundo and to an extent Aguilar, Helterbrand, Dillinger) will probably see more action than usual. Even if we lose, i do hope they get a semblance of rhythm or confidence going into the next round.

patay-butiki
08-11-2009, 01:32 AM
I love it when other teams underestimate P.I....I see it as a good sign...

Iran and the other Middle Eastern teams are not unbeatable...We've done it before so I don't get why people are saying as if they're on another level....Basketball is basketball man....P.I. has a good chance of beating these teams but "only if they play their cards right"...

We gotta get rid this mentality that P.I. is inferior to other teams..our players are one of the most skilled if not the most skilled players in Asia our team can really match up to any teams as long as P.I. play "as a unit"...We got some of the best talents but P.I. is weak "as a team"...that's the only thing that's holding us back we need more familiarity with each other...

nothing is impossible we can do it...

now these are the posts i like.

too much defeatist attitude infecting IBN pinoys. c'mon guys, we can do it!!! and as we pinoys say "BILOG ANG BOLA."

------
FREE GABE NORWOOD!

tiffac
08-11-2009, 02:03 AM
If let say we some miracle we sweep our games (knock on wood to wave off bad luck) and Iran beats SoKo, doesn that mean we get number 1 slot in our group? and if so then who are the teams we are likely to face in the 3rd round and the following round? I've seen the scenario if we lose to Iran and keeps 3rd slot but no scenario if we win.

art00
08-11-2009, 02:08 AM
I am reposting here what I posted in another thread... because I think it is more appropriate here in this thread:

Iran's game is built around their 7'2" Center, #15 Hamed Ehadadi, who is averaging 15.5 ppg and 10.5 rpg. The strategy for RP is obvious: from the outset, attack and foul-bait Ehadadi and get him into foul trouble.

Their other big guy, 6'11" #13 Ali Doraghi, had not been much of a factor with averages of 1.2 ppg and 2 rpg.

Other players to watch are:
#7 Mahdi Kamrani, 5'11" Guard, 13.8 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.5 apg
#14 Mohammadsamad Nikkah, 6'3" Forward, 20 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 5.2 apg

These last 2 should not be match-up problems for our guys like Gabe Norwood, Kerby Raymundo or Jared Dillinger.

The main problem is Ehadadi...

The problem with this strategy is that Ehadadi is averaging only 2 fouls per game in the 4 games he's played, so far. Its clear that this guy knows how to avoid fouls.

And, besides, I don't see any RP player who could effectively post up against him and draw fouls... certainly, not Mick or Japeth... and Sonny and Kerby are too small. We're left with Asi.

tiffac
08-11-2009, 02:13 AM
The only player I can see who can suck up fouls (with greater possibility) is Cyrus, if we can let the small guy slash and hit the Iranian big guy head on, usually and I mean usually the little guy gets the benefit of the doubt. So no moving away from contact while attacking may be the key to getting the Iranian big guy in foul trouble. (and hopes the refs see's it the same way)

iranian
08-11-2009, 02:14 AM
this would be the upset of the year..iran winning by big margin on pil...wahaha:D

tiffac
08-11-2009, 02:19 AM
I like this quote I found, perfect for Basketball.

"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best". - Voltiare

So let the best shooting team win. lolz!

IYF
08-11-2009, 02:22 AM
this would be the upset of the year..iran winning by big margin on pil...wahaha:D
Ok agreed, Iran is the odds-on favorite to win this one. I hope someday we pinoys would say beating Iran is not an upset.

bsgermany
I like this quote I found, perfect for Basketball.

"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best". - Voltiare

So let the best shooting team win. lolz!

..that would be Iran I guess (59,3% FG). :D

ultimate_baller24
The only player I can see who can suck up fouls (with greater possibility) is Cyrus, if we can let the small guy slash and hit the Iranian big guy head on, usually and I mean usually the little guy gets the benefit of the doubt. So no moving away from contact while attacking may be the key to getting the Iranian big guy in foul trouble. (and hopes the refs see's it the same way)

hoping that we could stop or at least limit there no.1 offensive treat moh. samad nikkah bahrami,6'7'' play making forward who is also their no.in assist i think!!...:D:D

tiffac
08-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Ok agreed, Iran is the odds-on favorite to win this one. I hope someday we pinoys would say beating Iran is not an upset.

But don't we love playing the underdog than the favorites most of the time. This games are like perfect for us.

D@mn! :(

Well the game can be different today, may be someone would forget to close the door and let the wind blow inside the stadium or something. lolz! ;)

prince75
08-11-2009, 02:27 AM

lol...funny, just hope it wont be the other way around cause we are the underdogs if we wont win, then it is OK cause your team is really much prepared but if you lose then it will be the upset of the year.

Persians vs Lapu-lapu, Dagohoy and the Katipuneros

rodreyes

Realistically, this is how i see the final standings after round 2:

Iran 6 - 0
Korea 5 - 1
Phil 3 - 3
Taiwan 2 -4
Japan 1 - 5
Kuwait 0 -6

China 6 - 0
Jordan 5 -1
Lebanon 3 -3
Qatar 2 -4
Kazakhstan 1 - 5
UAE 0 - 6

So the match-ups would be:

Iran vs. Qatar (Iran winning)
Jordan vs. Phil (i would be the happiest guy on earth if the Phil. upsets
Korea vs. Lebanon (tough to predict but i see Lebanon winning a thriller)
Jordan)
China vs. Taiwan (China by a mile)

Semi-final would be:

Iran vs. Jordan (I see Jordan upsetting Iran but then again, i'm dreaming it would be the Philippines here who i believe also has the capability to pull the upset axe on Iran)
China vs. Lebanon - Lebanon is good but still not at par with the Yao Ming less China squad

3rd Place:

Lebanon vs. Iran (Iran getting the 3rd and final slot, Lebanese heartbroken)

Finals:

China vs. Jordan (China will still reign supreme)

FARIDOON
It will be a war...:p:p:p

don juan

at least not in the 3pt department. philippines lead 32.4% to 31.5%

batgirl
08-11-2009, 02:29 AM
It used to be that beating Taiwan is no big deal for Phil. fans.
How time has change, anyway we would have easily lose yesterday's
game where it not for our red hot shooting. Imagine 7/10 3s by Yap
and 4/4 by Miller. Will the red hot shooting continue?. we'll see but my
gut instinct tell me the law of average will catch up with us. Expect
a poor shooting performance by RP.

patay-butiki
08-11-2009, 02:31 AM
If let say we some miracle we sweep our games (knock on wood to wave off bad luck) and Iran beats SoKo, doesn that mean we get number 1 slot in our group? and if so then who are the teams we are likely to face in the 3rd round and the following round? I've seen the scenario if we lose to Iran and keeps 3rd slot but no scenario if we win.

if we're no. 1, we'll meet most probably QATAR in quarters.
then any of the following in the semis: KOREA, IRAN, LEBANON.

but it's too early to tell. too many possibilities/combinations.

tiffac
08-11-2009, 02:33 AM
hoping that we could stop or at least limit there no.1 offensive treat moh. samad nikkah bahrami,6'7'' play making forward who is also their no.in assist i think!!...:D:D

I think he'll be the one feeding the behemoth inside. Unless Kerby and Japeth lock this guy down (coz no way we are going to see our pogo sticks take on the big 7'2" guy). Then we may get some turnovers from the feed and make a break for it. May be...

Oh... I know its a miracle for us to win, I just hope we don't get trounce... >_<... (sorry I can' take it my heart can't take it, I hope we maim someone before going down or something... like someone put a sharp-shooter wrestling position on Ehadi(spell check) if they can move his legs or something....) >_<...

art00
08-11-2009, 02:35 AM
It will be a war...:p:p:p

Persian: A thousand nations of the Persian empire descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun!

Stelios: Then we will fight in the shade.

Messenger: This is blasphemy! This is madness!

King Leonidas: Madness...?
[shouting]
King Leonidas: This is Sparta!

King Leonidas: Spartans! Prepare for glory!

Daxos: Glory? Have you gone mad? There is no glory to be had now! Only retreat, or surrender or death!

King Leonidas: Well, that's an easy choice for us, Arcadian! Spartans never retreat! Spartans never surrender! Go spread the word. Let every Greek assembled know the truth of this. Let each among them search his own soul. And while you're at it, search your own.

tiffac
08-11-2009, 02:37 AM
if we're no. 1, we'll meet most probably QATAR in quarters.
then any of the following in the semis: KOREA, IRAN, LEBANON.

but it's too early to tell. too many possibilities/combinations.

Then we have everything to play for today coz Qatar sounds better than Lebanon or Jordan. I want a rematch against the Koreans in the semi's if God allows us.

tiffac
08-11-2009, 02:38 AM
Persian: A thousand nations of the Persian empire descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun!

Stelios: Then we will fight in the shade.

Messenger: This is blasphemy! This is madness!

King Leonidas: Madness...?
[shouting]
King Leonidas: This is Sparta!

King Leonidas: Spartans! Prepare for glory!

Daxos: Glory? Have you gone mad? There is no glory to be had now! Only retreat, or surrender or death!

King Leonidas: Well, that's an easy choice for us, Arcadian! Spartans never retreat! Spartans never surrender! Go spread the word. Let every Greek assembled know the truth of this. Let each among them search his own soul. And while you're at it, search your own.

Hell Yeah! (looks around and realizes we are not Spartans)

Oh sh!t!

LOLZ!!! :D

shootingbwakaw
08-11-2009, 02:42 AM
best of luck to RPs elite shooters: Raymundo, Thoss & Aguilar. Make us forget Yap's yesterday performance. note everytime our elite shooters take the 3, there are people like Yap or Miller not taking it. funny, CT zone can't stop Yap but Kirby can.

law of averages. Worst shooting vs. Kor, super vs CT; possible for Iran to have a bad day. we can win this. fearful forecast: RP by 5

overheard YG to Arwind? Kirby bad shot, Arwind O reb. missed follow-up; next play Arwind's man got the O reb. & follow-up, 2 pts.
YG: "TANG _N_ ! anong pinaggagawa mo!"

reason Kirby stayed: hustle. Arwind out: SMB

tiffac
08-11-2009, 02:47 AM
best of luck to RPs elite shooters: Raymundo, Thoss & Aguilar. Make us forget Yap's yesterday performance. note everytime our elite shooters take the 3, there are people like Yap or Miller not taking it. funny, CT zone can't stop Yap but Kirby can.

law of averages. Worst shooting vs. Kor, super vs CT; possible for Iran to have a bad day. we can win this. fearful forecast: RP by 5

overheard YG to Arwind? Kirby bad shot, Arwind O reb. missed follow-up; next play Arwind's man got the O reb. & follow-up, 2 pts.
YG: "TANG _N_ ! anong pinaggagawa mo!"

reason Kirby stayed: hustle. Arwind out: SMB

I think Arwind just need to compose himself, he is the missing outside shooter that we need to wake up. He is too hell bent on making the steals that Arwind loses his position in defense when the opponents starts their rotation, Arwind gets lost and finds himself always behind the player he is guarding on the offensive board.

If we can get the Arwind of the Jones Cup, the pesky but concentrated defender, he will get playing time and will add to our fire power.

art00
Hell Yeah! (looks around and realizes we are not Spartans)

LOL... you're right, of course... but we could, certainly, adopt the Spartans' attitude...

merps baller the return
dude, what happened to our lunch in hell? i brought adobo and lechon kawali pa naman... :D

ok bro. but im only having 555 sardines and pritong itlog, that is what you call LUnCH IN HELL! bwahahahahaha! go team pilipinas!

granadaddy
08-11-2009, 02:48 AM
Hey guys, can you post the updates of the game here? Thanks so much! :)

shootingbwakaw
08-11-2009, 02:48 AM

we beat you fair in Jones Cup 07, you won by 6 in FIBA no thanks to bum calls. but this is not the same RP team. we'll see

don manoah
08-11-2009, 02:50 AM
hopefully we can show a good performance today against Iran today.:) good luck Team Pilipinas!!!

Run'N Gun
08-11-2009, 02:50 AM
its show time!
LABAN Team Pilipinas! You can do it! pls. do :)

patay-butiki
08-11-2009, 02:52 AM
ok bro. but im only having 555 sardines and pritong itlog, that is what you call LUnCH IN HELL! bwahahahahaha! go team pilipinas!

hahahaha...... LUNCH IN HELL!!!

10 minutes to go... wala ng kokontra please.... please.... please....

tiffac
LOL... you're right, of course... but we could, certainly, adopt the Spartans' attitude...

Good point, good point! :D

less than 10min till game time~

nardy
I still believe TEAM PILIPINAS can still accomplish it's mission to qualify for Istanbul .... they need to continue with their physical defense, keep on improving their outside shooting, do better with their free throws, lessen their errors and turnovers and keep on playing as a TEAM. The screens and picks plus quick ball movement should free-up our shooters. Jayjay, Japeth and Arwind must now bring-out their A-game, I am expecting the other teams to tighten up on James, Willie and Cyrus. Asi and Sonny must keep on attacking the basket. Kerby is doing great in defense but must lessen his "gigil" on offense. Jared and Gabe is doing fine but I know they could still do better. Mick is doing what is expected from him.

merps baller the return
08-11-2009, 02:53 AM
red jerseys, this only means one thing! were going to WAR!!!!

Run'N Gun
08-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Kirby's son(w/ his mom i think) is in the house.. Go Kirby!GO Team Pilipinas :)

KevinDurant
08-11-2009, 03:00 AM
links????

durden_tyler
08-11-2009, 03:01 AM
No Raymundo and Santos to start. Yeng begins with Asi and Thoss.

tiffac
Miller and Yap are not starting, looks like Yeng has opt out to pace our shooters and hope the slashers can fish fouls underneath or keep the game close till we bring our guns out.

ThreeStars&aSun
jumpball iran

crush
08-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Good Luck to both teams

Iran is favored to win this one but I'm still hoping for a RP upset.
GO TEAM PILIPINAS!

jxuusa
08-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Goddamn terribly sloppy game so far both teams are running around like headless chickens.

apiSigbinz
08-11-2009, 03:07 AM
looks like RP wants to win this game..

tiffac
We are fouling too much again aren't we... :(

durden_tyler
Nice start for RP but we are starting to lose focus on taking care of the ball. This is a change we are leading off the gates, 7-6.

timberpro
08-11-2009, 03:08 AM
we just love to foul dont we....

jxuusa
08-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Haddadi's height has helped Iran on a couple possessions already with blocks and inside shots. He'll be a big problem for the Filipinos unless he gets in foul trouble. But right now the Filipinos just can't stop fouling

tiffac
Getting killed at the FT line... X_X;;

Dillinger is starting to hurt out team by going out of control, foul a 3 shooter, bad pass, butter fingers and force layup over a 7 foot. Jared needs to sit right now.

granadaddy
Good start but Iran is one tough matchup

timberpro
08-11-2009, 03:12 AM
hope the refs can give dillinger his 5 fouls already.

tiffac
08-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Oh no... we are over dribbling in this game.

jxuusa
08-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Another thing I notice that is a problem for the Filipino team is floor spacing. Haddadi is play further out (like near the FT line) on defense, which basically allows him to control the entire paint area with his height and wingspan, and the Filipino center and the rest of its players are all getting bunched up around the 3-point line area and not able to get open for decent shots.

Its 25-14 already... but one thing it seems is that the Iranians have little sportsmanship. And Haddadi fucking screams at the top of his lungs at like every shot regardless of make or miss.

jeff12691
08-11-2009, 03:17 AM
whats the sc0re...?

tiffac
Tendency to be fancy is killing us... just keep hoisting the open shots, don't lose composure guys...

kaiziken_pinas
we're dead 13 Iran point lead

ThreeStars&aSun
patay 27 - 14 end of 1st

jeff12691
keep updating guys...

timberpro
08-11-2009, 03:18 AM
Oh no... we are over dribbling in this game.

There is no game that we dont over dribble. Team Pilipinas should put auto gun stun on the balls which automatically activates every 3 sec.

KevinDurant
08-11-2009, 03:19 AM
Guiao should've changed personnel earlier

RAWAD
08-11-2009, 03:19 AM
patay 27 - 14 end of 1st

What is the link to watch the game??

durden_tyler
08-11-2009, 03:20 AM
27-14 Iran end of first.

27 points is too much. If this balloons to 20 no use fighting really as we know of the implications. This could be offer by half time.

timberpro
08-11-2009, 03:20 AM
those online but no TV access or live streaming, just go to: http://live-statistic.fiba.com/index.html?ref=FIBA.com&event=ASCM09&game=34

ThreeStars&aSun
08-11-2009, 03:21 AM
30- 14

KevinDurant
08-11-2009, 03:22 AM
Haddadi is a match up nightmare. Iran setting back picks for him inside.

TrueBluePinoy
It's time for Yeng's badmouthing again!! :D:D

kaiziken_pinas
ahhh crap...... this is getting out of hand

jxuusa
Decent stream here.
http://watchlivestreamshow.blogspot.com/2009/08/fiba-mens-asia-championship-2009.html

That #12 Filipino center simply can't do anything about Haddadi. Iran will probably ride Haddadi all the way to the finals again or close to it cause nobody in this tournament big enough to guard him. Why does he feel the need to scream during every shot? Does his scream thing it'll draw the attention of the refs and get him an and one shot or something.

tiffac
This is too painful. It looks like its our boys are afraid and is waiving the white flag already. I don't see nor feel any fire from them.

htownflip87
What is the link to watch the game??

http://teampilipinas.info/

WIZARD
08-11-2009, 03:23 AM
http://www.atdhe.net/8380/watch-iran-vs-philippines online stream but no voice

iranian
iran won 85-56.. your team needs a lot of miracle to win no match for nikkah ad hadadi

FEIFEI
31:14
Iran leading.

batgirl
08-11-2009, 03:24 AM
I'm watching the game with the sound tune off, can't stand the low IQ
talk of these two.

ThreeStars&aSun
08-11-2009, 03:25 AM
38 - 14

tiffac
Haddadi is a match up nightmare. Iran setting back picks for him inside.

Haddadi can score all he wants the problem is we are putting everyone else in the FT line and now we have to loosen up on defense coz of it and our offensive shooting has went down hill, we are not sinking the open shots and forcing the contested ones.

Turnovers!

BlacKOEIsle
Decent stream here.
http://watchlivestreamshow.blogspot.com/2009/08/fiba-mens-asia-championship-2009.html

That #12 Filipino center simply can't do anything about Haddadi. Iran will probably ride Haddadi all the way to the finals again or close to it cause nobody in this tournament big enough to guard him. Why does he feel the need to scream during every shot? Does his scream thing it'll draw the attention of the refs and get him an and one shot or something.

It's just that his strength is not that good....

kaiziken_pinas
there's no way we can win this guys

batgirl
08-11-2009, 03:26 AM
38: 14
RP sleeping

kaiziken_pinas
no we can win this now

htownflip87
this is ugly, our offense sucks... and we are getting killed inside...

RAWAD
08-11-2009, 03:27 AM
10x guys

ThreeStars&aSun
Pennisi for threeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

rodreyes
In terms of talent, the Iranian team simply progressed a lot while the Phil team regressed.

Anyway, the loss would not dampen our campaign since we are really expecting to finish 3rd in this group behind Iran and Korea. Atleast, we wont have to face China in the cross-over pairings. Jordan and Lebanon is a little bit better than facing China. :)

tiffac
08-11-2009, 03:28 AM
Our guys are shying away from contact, we are letting Ehdadi impose himself, no one has yet tried to get contact on the drive against Ehdadi and try to fish for a foul.

KevinDurant
08-11-2009, 03:29 AM
Haddadi fadeaway..how can you stop that

ThreeStars&aSun
08-11-2009, 03:29 AM
James yap 4 threeeeeee!!

htownflip87
08-11-2009, 03:30 AM
we need to play tougher defense. alot of these fouls are not even hard fouls! thats why they keep taking it inside!

kaiziken_pinas
08-11-2009, 03:30 AM
yAP IS FIGHTING THE LOSING BATTLE

tiffac
08-11-2009, 03:31 AM
In terms of talent, the Iranian team simply progressed a lot while the Phil team regressed.

Anyway, the loss would not dampen our campaign since we are really expecting to finish 3rd in this group behind Iran and Korea. Atleast, we wont have to face China in the cross-over pairings. Jordan and Lebanon is a little bit better than facing China. :)

I think we progressed only on a different and wrong direction.

Its do or die on the 3pts now, I don't care anymore just space the floor and hope we sink them.

Its okay to lose but lets make it respectable.

OMG we are even missing FT's now!

KevinDurant
08-11-2009, 03:32 AM
we should have at least a 15 pt. deficit at the half

ThreeStars&aSun
08-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Gabe norwood threeeeeeeeee!

long 2 pla

jeff12691
08-11-2009, 03:33 AM
please keep posting the sc0res...tnx

FatFingerz
Did YG calls a timeout during the 1st quarter blowout to stop the momentum?

htownflip87
we are making our shots now but we cant stop them on defense..... HARDER FOULS! HACK THEIR ARMS AND HAVE BODY CONTACT! IF YOU CAN'T STOP THEM INSIDE MAKE THEM WORK FOR THEIR POINTS AT LEAST!

jxuusa
08-11-2009, 03:35 AM
Damn those like 5 or 6 girls in the crowd pretty much make up for the lack of crowd (near noon on a Tuesday, busy work day)

please keep posting the sc0res...tnx

51-34 Halftime, and the Iranians are walking off the court shaking their heads lol

and Haddadi is a dirty ass player

Also.. 18 trips to the line (16 made) for Iran versus just 2 trips to the line (1 made) for the Filipinos

ThreeStars&aSun
James yap 3333333333333333!

KevinDurant
17 pt. deficit at the half

kaiziken_pinas
08-11-2009, 03:36 AM
34-51......

WEW... we need tighter defense..... our shots are falling, but we have no D

ThreeStars&aSun
51 - 34 iran end of 1st half

FatFingerz
oh im wrong miscalculated...

its 24-20 for them in the second hehe

tiffac
Gabe has the right idea on his drives but we are shying away from contact. Iran has only committed 2 fouls while we 12.

We are putting the Iranians too many times on the line. Granted we can't stop the behemoth underneath but we are also letting the other players score on gimmes.

TrueBluePinoy
Time for Guiao to work his magic again!!

batgirl
08-11-2009, 03:37 AM
Not yet a massacre, at least.

kaiziken_pinas
08-11-2009, 03:37 AM
Norwood and Yap's shots are falling.

Our shots are falling, but we need better D in order to catch up

KevinDurant
08-11-2009, 03:38 AM
Now, its Norwood's turn to have a good game.

Good shooting for us in the first half. We need to cut down that lead to at least 10 at the end of the third.

Goodluck to our team.

durden_tyler
So after cruising through the first half it's a 17 point deficit. One last gasp in the third if we can cut this to 10 Yeng might want to go all the way. If it balloons once again... The key players will be rested.

How quickly people forget about the implications of this game??? Why are some of you overreacting??

tiffac
oh im wrong miscalculated...

its 24-20 for them in the second hehe

We always have a bad 1st qtr, either we begin it well and end it bad or begin it bad and end it so-so.

We are like a freaking diesel engine, you need to warm it up first before it can go fast.

ThreeStars&aSun
08-11-2009, 03:39 AM
Guiao must elbow M nikkah bahrami

DimeDropper
hard fouls!!! Hard fouls!!!

FatFingerz
It's just Haddadi hehe... Mic can't shoot because it's all Haddadi's hand on his face, they cannot drive to the basket because again it is Haddadi's hand hehe...

but still im hoping for the "GREATEST COMEBACK OF THE CENTURY"... too ambitious though... :cool:

ThreeStars&aSun
08-11-2009, 03:40 AM
mick must karate chop hadadi

kaiziken_pinas
08-11-2009, 03:40 AM
I wanted to see Ocampo vs Hadadi part 2

ThreeStars&aSun
08-11-2009, 03:41 AM
Iran
Philippines
13/20 (65%)
2-POINTERS
6/16 (38%)
4/9 (44%)
3-POINTERS
7/18 (39%)
13/18 (72%)
FREE THROWS
1/2 (50%)
FOULS
STEALS
TURNOVERS
OFF. REBOUNDS
DEF. REBOUNDS
BIGGEST LEAD
BIGGEST RUN

merps baller the return
its only 17 points, i remember 2007 we eat their lead in the 3rd and 4th quarter

TrueBluePinoy
I wonder what kind of TOUNGE LASHING our team's receiving from Guiao right now??:D

DimeDropper
08-11-2009, 03:42 AM
Dapat pikunin ang mga Iraning ito!!! So they will lose their focus.

TRANS: Make them cry!!!

WIZARD
Damn those like 5 or 6 girls in the crowd pretty much make up for the lack of crowd (near noon on a Tuesday, busy work day)

51-34 Halftime, and the Iranians are walking off the court shaking their heads lol

and Haddadi is a dirty ass player

Also.. 18 trips to the line (16 made) for Iran versus just 2 trips to the line (1 made) for the Filipinos

hehehe ya those ladies are fineeeeeeeeeee:D

KevinDurant
One good thing is that it's Patricia Hizon covering the game..:D

DRRC
Very difficult to defend
they must jam (defend) the passer so they cant get it into hadidu
they look intimidated, they should play their game and be more athletic this second half
too many fouls 13 free throws made, that is almost the lead
come on guys fastbreak and wear them down
unless the phls team is already tired

splitzapper
If we'll lose, but advance in the semi finals (and i have no idea how would it happen), we will face Iran once again.

apiSigbinz
our main problem is Nikkah.. there's no one who could guard him.. i hope Yeng will use Japeth in this game to the max just to make him feel the flow of the game against MidEast.. we badly need him against Jordan..

tiffac
So after cruising through the first half it's a 17 point deficit. One last gasp in the third if we can cut this to 10 Yeng might want to go all the way. If it balloons once again... The key players will be rested.

How quickly people forget about the implications of this game??? Why are some of you overreacting??

Well your right, no implication what-so-ever in terms of getting to the next round but wouldn't you like to be number 1 in this group (even though we need a miracle to get there) and face Qatar instead of Lebanon or Jordan in the next round. ^^;;;

Anyways I think its the lackluster performance that we are reacting to, we just want to see our guys pumped up and angry not withering like this. The Iranians are laughing at us, we are not bringing the hurt as they say (not in the literal terms but in basketball terms).

kaiziken_pinas
Patricia Hizon is doing a bad job on commentating...

anyway, she and LIA Cruz are hot

FatFingerz
I wonder what kind of TOUNGE LASHING our team's receiving from Guiao right now??:D

I don't want to be on that room I guess... hehehe :D

ischmemia
08-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Are there any NBA caliber players in IRAN like Ehadadi? How about Bahrami?

kaiziken_pinas
08-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Lia cruz and patricia hizon = hotties

greenarcher
08-11-2009, 03:44 AM
Hindi pa napipikon si Hadadi, he's enjoying the massacre.

DimeDropper
They must at least foul bait Haddadi when they drive inside.

BlacKOEIsle

You should send a strong guy to pull Haddadi off the paint..He is tall,but lack of strength..

merps baller the return

i dont even want to imagine the words they are getting from guiao

KevinDurant
08-11-2009, 03:45 AM
So if we lose this one and win against Kuwait, which team will we meet in the quarters?

jramoyo
08-11-2009, 03:45 AM
One good thing is that it's Patricia Hizon covering the game..:D

she talks a lot though...

FatFingerz
08-11-2009, 03:46 AM
Come on guys give Haddadi a foul that he'll remember for the rest of his life :D

tiffac
08-11-2009, 03:46 AM
hehehe ya those ladies are fineeeeeeeeeee:D

Now we know who are the suspects to why our guys have weak knees in this game today, it was taken out of them the night before. lolz! (okay bad and lame joke there) :D

BlacKOEIsle
08-11-2009, 03:47 AM
So if we lose this one and win against Kuwait, which team will we meet in the quarters?

probably Jordan.

tiffac
08-11-2009, 03:47 AM

Can we ask the camera men to may be change the game and focus it on Patricia Hizon and turn this game into a radio show and Patricia as our moving wallpaper. lolz!

bolabasket
08-11-2009, 03:48 AM

i wonder what life like for Vince Hizon :D

apiSigbinz
08-11-2009, 03:48 AM
i don't know about you pepz but i fine those Iranian players arrogant.. it seems they're looking us down.. i didn't feel this way before in 2007..

KevinDurant
08-11-2009, 03:49 AM
The Iranians are shifting to another gear..23 pt. deficit for us.

DRRC
08-11-2009, 03:49 AM
what a 5 for the second half
does yg want us to lose by 100
these players suck right now bring in the other guys crap

bolabasket
08-11-2009, 03:50 AM
57 - 34 iran

tiffac
i don't know about you pepz but i fine those Iranian players arrogant.. it seems they're looking us down.. i didn't feel this way before in 2007..

Of course they do, they know we didn't prepare properly. That's why I've been screaming for respectability only. Its okay to lose but not like this.

durden_tyler
Yes the Iranians are quite arrogant. Let them be they deserve this time under the spot light. We have zero sense of urgency. A motivational coach like Yeng Guiao can only do so much. We perform better with our backs against the wall. We'd be playing much better defense x 10 tomorrow vs. Kuwait.

All is good and not unexpected.

DimeDropper
It's becoming worst... we must at least put up a good fight even if we lose.

AlYuson
It's just that his strength is not that good....

I agree with you, haddadi is not that strong as a center, the sadder fact is filipino big men are slower and weaker than him...

kaiziken_pinas
08-11-2009, 03:51 AM
we have a lot of fouls, f*cking refs

FatFingerz
08-11-2009, 03:51 AM
JJ has a lag on his playmaking hehe :D

Execute -> Dribble -> Stop(lag) -> Pass... hahaha

usausa
08-11-2009, 03:52 AM
Damn fouls are killing RP. They have more three, shooting good from 3, but 12 first half fouls to 2 for Iran has created more chances at the line. Willie Miller was 1/2 and that was it for RP at the charity stripe.
Hadaddi has been a killer. very different than when we played him in 2007.

ThreeStars&aSun
Jj 4 three!!!!!!!

bolabasket
I think Yeng wants us to avoid being No. 1 :D

DimeDropper
JJ 3pts

ThreeStars&aSun
08-11-2009, 03:54 AM
JD 4 threeeee!

bolabasket
Iran has 2 big men to run as high posts for their 3-point shooters

nardy
The major difference between the 2007 Team and this POWERADE Team was at that time the RP Team was not afraid of Iran. The present team seems to be awed and you can see fear in the eyes of the Filipinos even before the game started.

DRRC
pressure the guard
what a shame being toyed

timberpro
08-11-2009, 03:55 AM
Laws of average has taken its toll. if we play well, we really play well. if we play bad, we really are bad. But the fact is, we play bad most of the time.

bolabasket
63-42 damn....this was the time when we remembered Ranidel de Ocampo :D

DimeDropper
23 pt lead Iran

durden_tyler
08-11-2009, 03:56 AM
I think Yeng wants us to avoid being No. 1 :D

Haha. i'd put in Kerby, Arwind and Japeth now. Just give them ample playing time got anything out of them.

KevinDurant
08-11-2009, 03:56 AM
If only we had this kind of shooting against SoKor...

bolabasket
08-11-2009, 03:57 AM
lead down to 18

tiffac
Cyrus got hit in the head by Ehdadi but no foul, we should have went at him earlier and we may be the ones getting the call. Instead of getting the call against.

On a positive note, we doing very one the 3pt stripe and Norwood may have found his offense.

The bad news is, Iran has found a way to break our defense and now our guys are losing their assignments.

Nice DUNK Gabe!

KevinDurant
Norwood SLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaiziken_pinas
08-11-2009, 03:58 AM
NORWOOD DUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IRan up by 17

DimeDropper
Asi and Penissi in the house. Expect bugubugan!!!

htownflip87
there ya go norwood! now give some HARD FOULS!