PDA

View Full Version : Day 2, Group D: Lebanon vs. UAE

stuart
08-06-2009, 10:54 PM
14h00 (GMT+8)
Tianjin City
Tianjin Gym

Full schedule can be found here:

http://china2009.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/09/fascm/p/eid/4046/sid/7038/schedule.html

RAWAD
08-07-2009, 06:17 AM
Nothing to talk about, warm up game for Lebanon, easy win.

marc333
08-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Today I hope Daniel will play a lot so that he can get used to the team. Same for Matt.
Fadi is supposed to get back to his real level today. Let us see..

granadaddy
08-07-2009, 07:15 AM
nothing to talk about, warm up game for lebanon, easy win.

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

marc333
08-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Halftime

Lebanon 53-27 UAE

Khatib 13pts
Vroman 13pts
Freije 10pts

merps baller the return
08-07-2009, 07:51 AM
i think lebanon is just using this game just to be "familiar" with the new players, anyway easy game for lebanon:)

greenarcher
08-07-2009, 08:07 AM
El Khatib is still playing considering it's already a blowout. Shouldn't he reserve his energy for tomorrow?

marc333
08-07-2009, 08:23 AM
El Khatib is still playing considering it's already a blowout. Shouldn't he reserve his energy for tomorrow?

He didn't play all the game, even now he isn't playing in the 4th quarter.
But he needed to express his anger after yesterday's bad performance..

greenarcher
08-07-2009, 08:25 AM
What a meltdown by UAE, they were held scoreless in the 4th quarter while Lebanon scored 30. 30-0 is simply atrocious.

Only 1 player didn't score for Lebanon.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/964/scorea.png

daniab
08-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Congrats for Lebanon and hard luck for UAE.
It was a good game to improve the coherence btw the players and give playing time for the new players to adjust.
P.S: It was the first real game for Daniel Faris :D

Go Lebanon!

marc333
08-07-2009, 08:34 AM
What a meltdown by UAE, they were held scoreless in the 4th quarter while Lebanon scored 30. 30-0 is simply atrocious.

lol..so who do u think is better, Sri Lanka or UAE?:D

greenarcher
08-07-2009, 08:37 AM
UAE definitely. I think Sri Lanka is the worst team in this tournament. I bet even Indonesia and Kuwait can beat convincingly.

majjour
08-07-2009, 08:41 AM

No all the players who played scored, it seems john abdelnour is injured thats why he didnt play..

Vroman Or Rodman!! he should control his temper!!

Fadi.. still not fadi we know, not able to complete a drive to the basket!!

Overall an easy warmup game.. the same case will happen tomorrow against Indonesia..

The real games will start in the second round, lets wait and see..

bsgermany
08-07-2009, 08:41 AM
The more results like this are being scored in the first round, the more I keep shaking my head. Here in Europe you would never see that in a comparable tournament. They should really change the qualifying modus and cut the number of teams for the final tournament down to 12 maximum. Asia just doesn't have that many good and competetive basketball nations.
Teams like Sri Lanka, Indonesia, UAE, India etc. barely reach highschool level and shouldn't be in this tournament.

PRSURF
08-07-2009, 08:52 AM
The more results like this are being scored in the first round, the more I keep shaking my head. Here in Europe you would never see that in a comparable tournament. They should really change the qualifying modus and cut the number of teams for the final tournament down to 12 maximum. Asia just doesn't have that many good and competetive basketball nations.
Teams like Sri Lanka, Indonesia, UAE, India etc. barely reach highschool level and shouldn't be in this tournament.I agree!

daniab
08-07-2009, 08:55 AM
I agree!

me too.
12 teams is enough for the Asian Championship.

fakhroski
08-07-2009, 09:02 AM
this was a good game, i think that we will be much better game after game, and i think we will not reach our top level until the quarter finals....
Fadi should get back his scoring role...he's the winning key in our team....when he scores defense will focus on him...so other players like Matt and Vroman will have easy shots...(like what we have done agaisnt Korea)...
that's all the game ''If Fadi is on we win if not.......''

Go Lebanoooon!!!

majjour
08-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Teams like Sri Lanka, Indonesia, UAE, India etc. barely reach highschool level and shouldn't be in this tournament.

Yes 12 teams are enough.. but also the qualifying system needs to be changed.. the gulf should be merged with west Asia.. a team like Syria is much better than at least 6 teams playing here.. also australia / newzeland should join Asia.. look and football australia plays in asia!!

majjour
08-07-2009, 09:05 AM

Yes 12 teams are enough.. but also the qualifying system needs to be changed.. the gulf should be merged with west Asia.. a team like Syria is much better than at least 6 teams playing here.. also australia / newzeland should join Asia.. look and football australia plays in asia!!

greenarcher
08-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Why didn't Syria make it? I wanted to see their 1 man wrecking crew Madanly play. Madanly always tops the scoring average.

byblos
08-07-2009, 09:08 AM
this was a good game, i think that we will be much better game after game, and i think we will not reach our top level until the quarter finals....
Fadi should get back his scoring role...he's the winning key in our team....when he scores defense will focus on him...so other players like Matt and Vroman will have easy shots...(like what we have done agaisnt Korea)...
that's all the game ''If Fadi is on we win if not.......''

Go Lebanoooon!!!

i'm wondering why fadi isn't penetrating to the inside,cause such penetrations would make gaps in the defense of the other team,giving matt and brian the chance of open shots
second,matt and daniel can be an annoying duo under the basket.so,i hope that they will play together in tomorrows game
this isn't fadi that we know,we know another fadi and his nickname is the tiger

flipballa7
08-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Guys, if there's anyone that will upload torrents for these games hook us up. Regarding the game. Did Daniel Faris play? If he did, how was the chemistry with the regulars like Fadi and Beshara?

http://theprodigy7.wordpress.com

Maximus1984
08-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Still problems with defense and rebounding ....
despite the result ... we commited too many fouls to stop their weak offense ... and they had a few 2nd and even 3rd chances.

Such a level of defense and rebounding won't give us a win against big teams.

the team spirit is good, considering new players on board. But still the system is not good. I'm not sure if this is a coach fault .... but the system is wayyyy far beyond the skills level of our team.

Matt is not getting the chances he deserves ....
Vroman had much much better chances in the jones cup, he was a hurricane under the basket, now he's not playing in his usual position.

Daniel can give much better to the NT if he plays on pos. 5

I think our team can easily play Matt on 3, Vroman on 4 and Daniel on 5
while khatib on 2 and mahmoud on 1

Khatib can take 3 instead of Freije and fahed on 2 as well
Khatib can also take over pos 1 when needed.

we have lots of rotational strategies to play, we should be able to make our opponent get lost on defending us easily.

I still have no idea why such a team isn't being effective as it should. We're barely giving out 50% of the power we can give.

yalla good luck for next game tomorrow.

Maximus1984
08-07-2009, 09:22 AM
i'm wondering why fadi isn't penetrating to the inside,cause such penetrations would make gaps in the defense of the other team,giving matt and brian the chance of open shots
second,matt and daniel can be an annoying duo under the basket.so,i hope that they will play together in tomorrows game
this isn't fadi that we know,we know another fadi and his nickname is the tiger

byblos ...

Fadi has always held the NT over his soldiers, with only Brian and Vogel to help him effectively. but he was the leader.

Now, with so many scorers on the team, Matt, Daniel, Vroman, Brian, Fahed, Mahmoud, Abdelnour ... it's a little out of hand.

and i believe that the new players should have all been ready by the first game of jones cup if not even earlier.

Anyways, as I said about 3 weeks ago, the first 6 games for Lebanon will be used as preparation for the chemistry buildup for the quarter finals and beyond.

The only negative thing that hurt was the loss against jordan. This has a big chance of putting us against China early in the semi finals. Everything other than that would have been expected, and no surprises according to my opinion.

interxavierxxx
08-07-2009, 09:23 AM
haha I noticed that every game that was played today was won by a blow-out. It seems that the only game that will not likely end up in a blow-out is the one between the Philippines and Japan.

eliooo93
08-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Why didn't Syria make it? I wanted to see their 1 man wrecking crew Madanly play. Madanly always tops the scoring average.

They didn't make it, there was only 2 spots for Waba and they were taken by Lebanon and Iran.

greenarcher
08-07-2009, 09:44 AM
WABA definitely needs more slots then. Maybe what FIBA Asia can do is create a tournament for all weaker teams where the top 2 teams will advance to the Asian Championship.

Teams like Syria will be given a chance to make it to the Championships instead of teams like Sri Lanka playing.

byblos
08-07-2009, 09:50 AM
byblos ...

Fadi has always held the NT over his soldiers, with only Brian and Vogel to help him effectively. but he was the leader.

Now, with so many scorers on the team, Matt, Daniel, Vroman, Brian, Fahed, Mahmoud, Abdelnour ... it's a little out of hand.

and i believe that the new players should have all been ready by the first game of jones cup if not even earlier.

Anyways, as I said about 3 weeks ago, the first 6 games for Lebanon will be used as preparation for the chemistry buildup for the quarter finals and beyond.

The only negative thing that hurt was the loss against jordan. This has a big chance of putting us against China early in the semi finals. Everything other than that would have been expected, and no surprises according to my opinion.

i think fadi isn't playing his right position
personally i think ur analysis is great,cause it gives all players the chance to play as well as finding gaps in the defense of the other team
but still our main problem is defense,as in yesterdays game we had a bad one with no box out,jordanians dominated the rebounds and had 2nd and 3rd chances,the thing that is not acceptable
we have too many stars but still the coach cannot find the best roster to play with
i hope that we will find a solution for this mess

TrueBluePinoy
08-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Vroman needs to control his temper. His attitude also needs a quick fixing as well. Imagine if he "pops" when the QF begins.

byblos
08-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Vroman needs to control his temper. His attitude also needs a quick fixing as well. Imagine if he "pops" when the QF begins.

man ur totally right,he can cause a problem if he doesn't control his behavior

bolabasket
08-07-2009, 11:25 AM
wow...UAE score zero in the 4th quarter....Vroman's attitude beginning to annoy me...hey, this isn't the NBA...

donno
08-07-2009, 11:32 AM
congrats to Lebanon! Fadi finally showed up in this game. i heard that Vroman got ejected because of two technicals. does it means he will be suspended for the next game?

Maximus1984
08-07-2009, 11:57 AM

I have to agree with you, bcz this isn't the first time his temper affects his performance in the game.

Maximus1984
08-07-2009, 12:00 PM
man ur totally right,he can cause a problem if he doesn't control his behavior

gonna take him some time to get acquanted to FIBA :P

Goleb
08-07-2009, 12:34 PM
hI CAN SOMEONE UPLOAD LEBANON GAMES VS UAE. ?

iranian
08-07-2009, 12:36 PM
lebanon won 288-1

Khalid80
08-07-2009, 01:57 PM
They didn't make it, there was only 2 spots for Waba and they were taken by Lebanon and Iran.

Actually WABA has 3 spots in the Asian Championship but Jordan already qualified from the Stankovic cup.

Congrats for the win today. it doesn't mean anything but at least I hope the players have gained as much chemistry as possible.

flipballa7
08-07-2009, 04:03 PM
If Vroman continues to implode, Daniel Faris better step his game up a notch. They better get Freije involved without forcing it to him too much. I don't know if he's injured but is Rony Fahed hurt? He seems to be not 100%.

http://theprodigy7.wordpress.com

lebanese NT
08-07-2009, 08:49 PM
lebanon still didint convince me.no chemistry and too much individual play. daniel fares didint show us anything yet. his style of play is of a pure center and this is where he should play in my opinion.vroman likes to play alone a lot and commits may many fouls. i dont remember a game for him with lebanon with less then 4 fouls !.fady l khatib still out of shape. freije is very good but they are not delivering the ball to him under the basket ( he is a superb shooter) + the other teams are focusing too much on him.brian bechara played way better in the jones cup. ali mahmoud and rony fahed are good but they can do much better. our loss yesterday was very expensive we will have to face china in the semis hope our team will step up to its real level soon.

allouso
08-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Not too convinced by our performance today, even if it was too comfortable. I'm not the biggest basketball fan around, but our NT in the last 2 asian championships was much better, not on paper, but chemistry wise.

We need to get our act together, there are too many "leaders" in our team, i really hope we can keep getting better and make it to the WC again, sadly, i cannot see it for the moment. Hope i'm wrong though, come on!