PDA

View Full Version : FIBA Asia Daily Prediction and after game comments..

apiSigbinz
08-06-2009, 03:16 PM
because of the FIBA asia thread where i posted my first day prediction, temporarily closed, i opened this one for those who like to predict game results and outcome.. you can post here your daily prediction..

Ok here’s a quick recap of today’s results and my standing in the prediction game..
For the first day Aug. 6, 2009....

Philippines vs Sri Lanka Phil. +1

this one is pretty easy.. upon seeing them play, now I believe that there’s zero chance of upset against them..

Kazakhstan vs Qatar Qatar -1

ok I’ve missed this one..although the Kazakhs had a good 3 point shooting %, they shot horribly in the field with just a dismal 12 of 49.. that I guess say’s it all..

Korea vs Japan Korea +1

Korea just reminded us that we should never counted them off at least not yet, the way they manhandled Japan is a big statement from them..

Iran vs Chinese Taipei Iran +1

now this result surprises me.. for a team that lives and die with 3 point shot, Taiwan barely lost to Iran with its 7 of 27 3 point shooting.. intriguing isn’t it.. does this means anything to RP and Korea? It should I guess..

India vs China China +1

India is not as bad as Sri Lanka but China is just really on different level.. that explained the score I think..

Indonesia vs UAE UAE - 1

this is a case of just one team made a little bit more points than the other.. UAE is not a better team than Indonesia.. they’re in the same level..

Kuwait vs Uzbekistan Kuwait -1

so much for the Uzbekistan hype.. I think it’s safe to say they are just a notch below the level of RP, Japan and Korea..

Lebanon vs Jordan Jordan +1

I just hit this right on the button! I guess the discrepancy in the team game is very clear by now and unless this Lebanon team will make some big adjustments they will have to face the danger of a quarterfinal exit.. Korea is by no means a pushover and Iran will always be a tough team to beat for them match up wise..

So far so good.. I had 5 out of 8 correct prediction.. my missed came from team that I am really not familiar with so I just feel good. And contrary to some posters here especially to our Lebanese friends that my last prediction is the worst, turned out it is the best so far.

apiSigbinz
08-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Korea vs Sri Lanka Korea
Jordan vs Indonesia Jordan
Lebanon vs United Arab Emirates Lebanon
Chinese Taipei vs Kuwait Chinese Taipei
Kazakhstan vs China China
Qatar vs India Qatar
Japan vs Philippines Philippines
Iran vs Uzbekistan Iran

i will not go into so much detail for tomorrow's games because it's pretty an easy pick really except maybe for Japan vs Philippines but in my opinion, Japan is not really a strong team, not before and not now.. they're like the Philippines, they are also very fascinated with NBA although we do it better.. :D

jramoyo
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
yeah, tomorrow's games would be easy...
only the PHI/JPN game is well matched

usausa
08-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Here is my roundup on predictions from Day 1:

Philippines-Sri Lanka
Pick: Philippines
Winner: Philippines
Result: Correct

Kazakhstan-Qatar
Pick: Kazakhstan
Winner: Qatar
Result: Incorrect

Korea-Japan
Pick: Korea
Winner: Korea

Iran-Chinese Taipei
Pick: Iran
Winner: Iran

India-China
Pick: China
Winner: China

Indonesia-UAE
Pick: Indonesia
Winner: UAE

Kuwait-Uzbekistan
Pick: Kuwait
Winner: Kuwait

Lebanon-Jordan
Pick: Lebanon
Winner: Jordan
Result:Incorrect

Final Record after Day 1: (5-3)

-Well, Philippines were easy pick. No explanation needed.
-Disappointed with Kazakhstan loss. Ponamarov didn't play as well as he needed to.
-Korea just did what they had to do.
-Iran just got by...this is like 2007 where they just got by the Philippines and they ended up having close games, including 1 loss...so this doesnt suprise me.
-China beats India as expected woo-hoo
-Indonesia-UAE was a tossup for me. UAE won I believe in 2007 so I picked the "upset" I suppose
-Kuwait beat Uzbekistan as I expected.
-I guess I fell for all the Lebanese hype. Lebanese forumers talked about all the players they were missing in Jones Cup and how good they were...so much for that.

sickcurtain_16
08-06-2009, 05:08 PM
you are all right guys. Only the Jap-RP game is the one which seemed to be a head to head matchup. Any game that will turn out different from what we think to be the result will be will make this tournament crazy.

Run'N Gun
08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
thats why PHI vs JAP is the last game for tomorrow... can't wait :cool:

donmar
08-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Nice thread... I like this game... I'll copy usausa's format:

My Picks for Day 1:

Philippines-Sri Lanka
Result: Correct +1

Kazakhstan-Qatar
Result: Incorrect -1

Korea-Japan

Iran-Chinese Taipei

India-China

Indonesia-UAE
Pick: Indonesia
Winner: UAE

Kuwait-Uzbekistan
Pick: Uzbekistan
Winner: Kuwait -1

Lebanon-Jordan
Result:Incorrect -1

Final Record after Day 1: 4 points (4-4)

-------------------

My Picks for Day 2:

Korea vs Sri Lanka

Jordan vs Indonesia
Pick: Jordan

Lebanon vs United Arab Emirates
Winner: Lebanon

Chinese Taipei vs Kuwait
Pick: Chinese Taipei
Winner: Chinese Taipei

Kazakhstan vs China
Pick:China

Qatar vs India
Pick: Qatar

Japan vs Philippines

Iran vs Uzbekistan

Final Record after Day 2: 8 points (8-0)

----------------------------

My Picks for Day 3

United Arab Emirates vs Jordan

Uzbekistan vs Chinese Taipei
Pick: Chinese Taipei
Winner: Chinese Taipei

Sri Lanka vs Japan
Pick: Japan
Winner: Japan

Kuwait vs Iran

China vs Qatar

India vs Kazakhstan
Winner: Kazakhstan

Philippines vs Korea

Indonesia vs. Lebanon
Winner: Lebanon

Final Record after Day 3: 7 (7-1)

-----------------------

My Picks for Day 4:

Kuwait vs Korea
Winner:
Result:

Jordan vs Kazakhstan
Winner:
Result:

Japan vs Iran
Winner:
Result:

Philippines vs Chinese Taipei
Winner:
Result:

China vs UAE
Winner:
Result:

Lebanon vs Qatar
Winner:
Result:

Final Record after Day 4:

bolabasket
08-07-2009, 02:22 AM
what's the number combination pick for today? :D

apiSigbinz
08-07-2009, 02:54 PM
the only worth discussing is the game between Phil. and Japan.. it's a big win for us.. i would say our spot for quarterfinal is now secured unless Japan pull's an upset win against Iran..

so far i predicted 13 out of 16 games correctly.. heheh not bad for a rookie basketball fan like me.. :D:D

apiSigbinz
08-07-2009, 03:15 PM
i'm getting bored with this lousy match up in the preliminaries that i wish tomorrow is already quarterfinals..... :D

anyway here's the schedule tomorrow Day 3:

United Arab Emirates vs Jordan Jordan
Uzbekistan vs Chinese Taipei Chinese Taipei
Sri Lanka vs Japan Japan
Kuwait vs Iran Iran
China vs Qatar China
India vs Kazakhstan Kazakhstan

Philippines vs Korea Philippines

here i'm picking our team with the slightest of margin with or without Japeth.. we needed him more against middle eastern countries than against east asian nations.. one thing that's very obvious against our team is our inability to defend our opponents picks and screens.... our guards is a little slow also.. but i think our bigmen especially Kerby will wreck havoc against Korea.. he has a mismatch favorable to him i think..

Indonesia vs Lebanon Lebanon

usausa
08-08-2009, 04:46 AM
I'm not going to do the whole thing as I was a perfect 8/8 today.
13-3 (8-8)

I'll post my winner for tomm.

Jordan
Uzbekistan upset:eek:
Japan
Iran
China
Kazakhstan
Korea
Lebanon

usausa
08-08-2009, 08:51 PM
7-1 today
Only incorrect was my bet on the Uzbek suprise

Preliminary Round Record: 20-4

Winner for the 10th:
Korea
Iran
Philippines if Japeth plays, CT if he doesn't
Jordan
China
Lebanon
Uzbekistan
India- its real toss up here for me between them and Indonesia..two bad teams here but I feel like Indonesia won't recover from 87 pt drubbing...but as I know personally, you always want to avenge a big loss so lets see;)

ryannaja
08-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Day 4:

Kuwait vs Korea: Korea

Jordan vs Kazakhstan: Jordan

Japan vs Iran: Iran

Philippines vs Chinese Taipei: Ooh tough one, will go with RP

China vs UAE: China

Lebanon vs Qatar: Lebanon

apiSigbinz
08-09-2009, 03:58 AM
damn, i now realized that when it comes to RP i'm a little biased.. i have even predicted Kerby to wreck havoc against Korea, hahahaha....

i don't know but he should try bringing the ball from outside then go hard inside.. i've seen it once and he got fouled, but on his second attempt, Ha is waiting and he was blocked.. :D well, at least they could start from there.. he could passed it when he sees someone coming to double team or kicked it outside..

anyways, so yesterday i was 7-1.. missed the most important game.. oh well, i'm biased towards RP so can't do anything about that..... :D

So for the preliminaries my final standing is 20-4.... hahahahaha bad prediction for me......

talion..
08-09-2009, 04:03 AM
damn, i now realized that when it comes to RP i'm a little biased.. i have even predicted Kerby to wreck havoc against Korea, hahahaha....

i don't know but he should try bringing the ball from outside then go hard inside.. i've seen it once and he got fouled, but on his second attempt, Ha is waiting and he was blocked.. :D well, at least they could start from there.. he could passed it when he sees someone coming to double team or kicked it outside..

anyways, so yesterday i was 7-1.. missed the most important game.. oh well, i'm biased towards RP so can't do anything about that..... :D

So for the preliminaries my final standing is 20-4.... hahahahaha bad prediction for me......

i'm not dissing your ability to foresee the future or anything, but i think the 20 wins you predicted were no brainers hehehe. it's like you predicting the sun will rise tomorrow. :p

apiSigbinz
08-09-2009, 04:28 AM
For Second Round Game 1:

Korea vs Kuwait ----------------------------- Korea
Kazakhstan vs Jordan ----------------------- Jordan

Japan vs Iran -------------------------------- Iran

if Japan will not change their game forcing the ball inside, this game will gonna be a blowout.... they should shot more 3's and push the ball every possession..... it's the only way they can beat Iran..

Philippines vs Chinese Taipei ------------------ Philippines

now this game is tough but i've already said and i always believe that RP is slightly better against east asian countries except Korea..

China vs United Arab Emirates ---------------- China

Qatar vs Lebanon ---------------------------- Lebanon

this game is closer than it looks.. i have seen some clips of Qatar's game and i think they are being underrated.. if coach Draca didn't do his homework, this could spell disaster for them... i still pick Lebanon though.. it's hard to pick against them..

apiSigbinz
08-09-2009, 04:33 AM
i'm not dissing your ability to foresee the future or anything, but i think the 20 wins you predicted were no brainers hehehe. it's like you predicting the sun will rise tomorrow. :p

hehe yah i know.. that's why i've said it's a bad prediction.. but i've one good prediction though.. i predicted Jordan will win against Lebanon.. only a few of us here actually believe that..

anyway this is just for fun though.. hope you don't get so serious about this.. :D

d_viper
08-09-2009, 04:39 PM
taiwan vs. phil.....biased or not:D

khaledlebanon
08-09-2009, 06:31 PM
All of this is a waste of time, all what matter is who will in the final and it will be Lebanon this is my predicyion and i hope it will be a fact on 16 august, i know we played a very bad game against jordan but this was just a game and we will play better i'am sure ...... GOOO LEBANON:D:D:D

eliooo93
08-10-2009, 06:51 AM
All of this is a waste of time, all what matter is who will in the final and it will be Lebanon this is my predicyion and i hope it will be a fact on 16 august, i know we played a very bad game against jordan but this was just a game and we will play better i'am sure ...... GOOO LEBANON:D:D:D

can you at least wait to see leb's games in the 2nd round?? you said that lebanon was going to beat jordan by at least 20 points and jordan won by 17 pts. I think you should stop this over confidence. if lebanon don't play better defence against strong teams and if the chemistry will stay like that, lebanon will not even reach the Semis ;).

khaledlebanon
08-10-2009, 07:50 AM
can you at least wait to see leb's games in the 2nd round?? you said that lebanon was going to beat jordan by at least 20 points and jordan won by 17 pts. I think you should stop this over confidence. if lebanon don't play better defence against strong teams and if the chemistry will stay like that, lebanon will not even reach the Semis ;).

7abibe iza ma kenet mitfe2il ma feek t3eesh ........ wla7 nirba7 asia w shou ma sar :@:@:@: :D:D:D

eliooo93
08-10-2009, 10:37 AM
7abibe iza ma kenet mitfe2il ma feek t3eesh ........ wla7 nirba7 asia w shou ma sar :@:@:@: :D:D:D

T_T... fi fare2 bein el tafe2oul wel 7elem... w nshala nerba7 el boutoule bess eza 7ay dall el fari2 3am byel3ab heik no way 7atta nerba7 medaliye:(

d_viper
08-10-2009, 10:42 AM
taiwan vs. phil.....biased or not:D

result:PHI:D:D

apiSigbinz
08-11-2009, 01:03 AM
For Second Round Game 1:

Korea vs Kuwait ----------------------------- Korea
Kazakhstan vs Jordan ----------------------- Jordan

Japan vs Iran -------------------------------- Iran

if Japan will not change their game forcing the ball inside, this game will gonna be a blowout.... they should shot more 3's and push the ball every possession..... it's the only way they can beat Iran..

Philippines vs Chinese Taipei ------------------ Philippines

now this game is tough but i've already said and i always believe that RP is slightly better against east asian countries except Korea..

China vs United Arab Emirates ---------------- China

Qatar vs Lebanon ---------------------------- Lebanon

this game is closer than it looks.. i have seen some clips of Qatar's game and i think they are being underrated.. if coach Draca didn't do his homework, this could spell disaster for them... i still pick Lebanon though.. it's hard to pick against them..

so i've been right in the button so far.. Japan was blown out by Iran, Phil. won a tough contest and so was Lebanon.... :D:D

8-0 so far in the extended round.... :D:D

apiSigbinz
08-11-2009, 02:00 AM
UAE vs Kazakhstan --------------------------Kazakhstan

Iran vs Philippines ---------------------------Iran

if this is a do or die game for RP, i would definitely pick them to win.. Iran is a good team but they're very beatable.. i hope to see the Zone D of RP for the first time in this tourney..

Kuwait vs Japan -----------------------------Japan

Chinese Taipei vs Korea ----------------------Korea

this will be another exciting and fast game but Korea seems to have the no. of Taiwan.. they surely know how to beat the Taiwan squad.. this is not even going to be close..

Lebanon vs China ----------------------------China

everybody is excited for this game especially our Lebanese friends here but i hate to say this, Lebanon will not win against China today..

Jordan vs Qatar -----------------------------Jordan

seems close on papers but Jordan will annihilate a team who don't have an outside shooting.. Jordan will have total control in this game..

usausa
08-11-2009, 03:45 AM
7-1 today
Only incorrect was my bet on the Uzbek suprise

Preliminary Round Record: 20-4

Winner for the 10th:
Korea
Iran
Philippines if Japeth plays, CT if he doesn't
Jordan
China
Lebanon
Uzbekistan
India- its real toss up here for me between them and Indonesia..two bad teams here but I feel like Indonesia won't recover from 87 pt drubbing...but as I know personally, you always want to avenge a big loss so lets see;)
8/8
Korea correct
Iran correct
Philippines correct since Japeth played 5 min.
Jordan correct
China correct
Lebanon correct
Uzbekistan correct
India correct

Record 28-4 (8-0)

Today'winners
Kazakhstan -which was correct
Iran
Japan
Korea
China
Jordan
India
Indonesia

durden_tyler
08-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Man, what a day tomorrow!

Japan and Taiwan battle for the final slot in Group E.

Then, Kazakhstan battles Lebanon for the #3 seed (Not disregarding the fact that Qatar could win over UZB and be the #4 themselves or a three-way tie between Qatar, Kazakshtan and Lebanon! Can anybody do the computations if
ever this happens...)

China and Jordan battles for top seed and Group F even as Korea goes up against Iran for bragging rights in the other group!

apiSigbinz
08-11-2009, 04:19 PM
UAE vs Kazakhstan --------------------------Kazakhstan

Iran vs Philippines ---------------------------Iran

if this is a do or die game for RP, i would definitely pick them to win.. Iran is a good team but they're very beatable.. i hope to see the Zone D of RP for the first time in this tourney..

Kuwait vs Japan -----------------------------Japan

Chinese Taipei vs Korea ----------------------Korea

this will be another exciting and fast game but Korea seems to have the no. of Taiwan.. they surely know how to beat the Taiwan squad.. this is not even going to be close..

Lebanon vs China ----------------------------China

everybody is excited for this game especially our Lebanese friends here but i hate to say this, Lebanon will not win against China today..

Jordan vs Qatar -----------------------------Jordan

seems close on papers but Jordan will annihilate a team who don't have an outside shooting.. Jordan will have total control in this game..

so 16-0 eyy in the extended round but i'm not satisfied with my prediction today.. i was really surprised by this Chinese Taipei team.. i know that they're playing well in this tourney but to held Korea with just 2 point lead is something i didn't expected from them..

i was surprised that this game was close.. is this mean that China is not that really good afterall?! Lebanon as good as they are, still didn't play team game.. relying too much on Vroman is not the way they should play.. Khatib definitely has slowed down from 2007's FIBA..

apiSigbinz
08-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Third and Last day for round 2.

Philippines vs Kuwait --------------------------- Phil.

Qatar vs UAE --------------------------------- Qatar

Japan vs Chinese Taipei ------------------------ Japan

the way CT played in the last few games should made them a favorite to win this one so yes, i'm predicting for an upset here.. Takeuchi vs Tien Lei should be an interesting match up..

Kazakhstan vs Lebanon ------------------------- Lebanon

China vs Jordan -------------------------------- China

okay, i want China to win this game but i don't know, China is not playing their best ballgame with some turnovers and lack of defensive rebounds.. this game is really a tossed up..

Korea vs Iran ----------------------------------- Korea

it would be nice to see Ha vs Ehadadi.. :D but i think Ehadadi will send the slower Ha to school.. this should be a nice ballgame.. East vs West at its finest.. Korea will take this one..

usausa
08-11-2009, 05:34 PM
8-0 again.
16-0 in second round

36-4 overall

Todays picks:
Philippines
Qatar
Chinese Taipei
Lebanon
China
Iran

apiSigbinz, looks like one of us is not going to be undefeated in the second round after today.;)

apiSigbinz
08-12-2009, 12:50 AM
8-0 again.
16-0 in second round

36-4 overall

Todays picks:
Philippines
Qatar
Chinese Taipei
Lebanon
China
Iran

apiSigbinz, looks like one of us is not going to be undefeated in the second round after today.;)

yeah i chose to pick the underdogs just to be different.. :D but hey, the score should be 12-0 not 16-0..... i've made a mistake in my counting.. damn, i really hate math..... :D:D

WIZARD
08-12-2009, 12:58 AM
yeah i chose to pick the underdogs just to be different.. :D but hey, the score should be 12-0 not 16-0..... i've made a mistake in my counting.. damn, i really hate math..... :D:D

lol didnt u have that math exam???what was the result again??:D:p

apiSigbinz
08-12-2009, 02:36 AM
lol didnt u have that math exam???what was the result again??:D:p

all i can say is stick to basketball will yah! :D:D

usausa
08-12-2009, 03:24 AM

I picked the games in the 13-16 classification round as well.;)

nardy
08-12-2009, 04:43 AM
Quarter-Finals

49 F[2] vs E[3] 14h00
50 F[4] vs E[1] 16h00
51 E[2] vs F[3] 19h00
52 E[4] vs F[1] 21h00

Group E
E[1] Winner of Iran vs South Korea
E[2] Loser of Iran vs South Korea
E[3] Philippines
E[4] Winner of Chinese-Taipei vs Japan

Group F
F[1] Winner of China vs Jordan
F[2] Loser of China vs Jordan
F[3] Lebanon *
F[4] Qatar *

* - Kazakhstan has a very remote possibility of making the quarterfinals by they must beat Lebanon by at least 30 points.

As of yesterday the standings of the 3 teams are:
Lebanon 2-2 (Quotient Point Difference +60)
Kazakhstan 1-3 (Quotient Point Difference -23)
Qatar 1-3 (Quotient Point Difference of -40)

Qatar beating UAE 91-45 just now, the Qataris now have a Quotient of +6 the door has been shut vs Kazakhstan. With due respect to Kazakhstan, even if the Kazakhs score an upset vs Lebanon I think it would be impossible that they would be to do a rout of 30 points.

I see a war between Iran and South Korea in their game today as the winner would have the benefit of facing Qatar in the Quarterfinals with the loser going against Lebanon.

Nando
08-12-2009, 04:54 AM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z227/Waffleman921/thanks-for-the-info.jpg

apiSigbinz
08-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Quarter-Finals

49 F[2] vs E[3] 14h00
50 F[4] vs E[1] 16h00
51 E[2] vs F[3] 19h00
52 E[4] vs F[1] 21h00

Group E
E[1] Winner of Iran vs South Korea
E[2] Loser of Iran vs South Korea
E[3] Philippines
E[4] Winner of Chinese-Taipei vs Japan

Group F
F[1] Winner of China vs Jordan
F[2] Loser of China vs Jordan
F[3] Lebanon *
F[4] Qatar *

* - Kazakhstan has a very remote possibility of making the quarterfinals by they must beat Lebanon by at least 30 points.

As of yesterday the standings of the 3 teams are:
Lebanon 2-2 (Quotient Point Difference +60)
Kazakhstan 1-3 (Quotient Point Difference -23)
Qatar 1-3 (Quotient Point Difference of -40)

Qatar beating UAE 91-45 just now, the Qataris now have a Quotient of +6 the door has been shut vs Kazakhstan. With due respect to Kazakhstan, even if the Kazakhs score an upset vs Lebanon I think it would be impossible that they would be to do a rout of 30 points.

I see a war between Iran and South Korea in their game today as the winner would have the benefit of facing Qatar in the Quarterfinals with the loser going against Lebanon.

boss Nardy, hope you can share your prediction and insights for quarterfinalist teams....

ElArZ
08-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Quarter Finals:
Iran vs Qatar -> Iran
Korea vs Lebanon -> Lebanon
Jordan vs Philippines -> Jordan
China vs Chinese-Taipei -> China

eliooo93
08-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Quarter Finals:
Iran vs Qatar -> Iran

Same for me :
Iran by 15-25pts.
Lebanon by 1-10pts.
Jordan by 5-10 pts.
China by 20-35pts.

lord-patrick
08-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Iran vs Qatar -> Iran
Korea vs Lebanon -> I can't predict, i ll go with lebanon

apiSigbinz
08-13-2009, 01:02 AM
okay i was 4-2 yesterday.. i thought the Japanese have fresher legs going in that game because they had an easy win against Kuwait while the CT had a back to back close and heart breaking loss against RP and Korea.. oh well, they just showed great determination and heart..

i haven't seen the Korea-Iran game but i'm beginning to think I gave Korea too much credit.. they're not really that deadly beyond the arc and if they can't have their fastbreak games then its going to be difficult for them beating Lebanon..

so i'm 16-2 overall in this second round.....

okay so much for this prediction bullshit game..... :D:D

from now on, it's Team Pilipinas all the way.... :D:D

chris25_moon
08-13-2009, 04:40 AM
Quarter Finals:
Iran vs Qatar -> Iran

huhuhu:(:(:(

usausa
08-13-2009, 04:55 AM
8-0 again.
16-0 in second round

36-4 overall

Todays picks:
Philippines
Qatar
Chinese Taipei
Lebanon
China
Iran

Another good day. Second round was bull$&!%...easy.

Now it gets hard.
Iran
Jordan
China
Lebanon
Japan
Kazakhstan

omar
08-13-2009, 10:57 PM
predictions for next round:

Jordan
Iran
China
This one is the toughest prediction yet... I think the lebanese have the better team. But there form is just horible at the moment, and they need 2 rest Fadi coz hes just too slow now 2 b able to get the open looks or even defend ( but they obviously wont :( ).. my guess is lebanon by the slightest of margins.. maybe with a 4th quarter come back like theyve had to do many times b4

raichu08
08-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Next Round:

Philippines
Iran
China
Korea

sinobball
08-14-2009, 01:49 AM
Quarterfinals is a little more interesting I guess:

China - Chinese Taipei: China 95%, CT 5%. Even though China is not playing its best I will be really really really shocked if there is an upset.

Lebanon - Korea: Lebanon 85%, Korea 15%. Even though Lebanon is underdog I expect an easy win for Lebanon.

Iran - Qatar: Iran 80%, Qatar 20%. Qatar is a little too inconsistent and turnover prone to make things happen but they are an athletic team and if Haddadi gets into foul trouble things may happen.

Jordan - Philippines: Jordan 70%, Philippines 30%. Jordan's defense is sophisticated but based on zone. RP has many skilled guards who can create shots off the dribble to break the zone and if they can shoot the 3's like in the Taipei game they have a decent shot. Of course expect Jordan to dominate the glass and this will likely be the difference. :D

apiSigbinz
08-14-2009, 05:00 AM
My Quarterfinals Prediction:

China vs CT - This is a no-brainer. China is too much for CT at this point. China by a landslide.

Iran vs Qatar - I'm not really impressed by this Iran team. Although they're a lot better than when in 2007, it seems to me that they're very beatable. Qatar is very athletic and if they can outrun Ehadadi and tire him out, then they have a very good chance.
Qatar by a 5-10 point margin.

Jordan vs RP - As I've said, if there is a team that can pull more surprises, it is the Philippines. They have the depth in players. They still can show so different type of play. Hope they do in this game.
Philippines by a 1-10 point margin.

Korea vs Lebanon - This game comes second to me when it comes to predictability. I don't think Korea has the body to stop Vroman. They will run I believe, but if Draga doesn't see it now, then he is the most dumb coach in this tourney. Stop Korea's running game and you win.
Lebanon by a landslide.

screw this prediction, RP all the way!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

masketball
08-14-2009, 05:26 AM
JOR vs PHI is the only game which either side has decent chance of winning.

FARIDOON
08-14-2009, 05:39 AM
China over Taiwan..
Lebanon over Korea..
Philippines over Jordan..
Iran over Qatar..:D:D:D:D

AlYuson
08-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Quarterfinals is a little more interesting I guess:

Jordan - Philippines: Jordan 70%, Philippines 30%. Jordan's defense is sophisticated but based on zone. RP has many skilled guards who can create shots off the dribble to break the zone and if they can shoot the 3's like in the Taipei game they have a decent shot. Of course expect Jordan to dominate the glass and this will likely be the difference. :D

Now you predicted it correctly......