Best Names In Philippine Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Names In Philippine Basketball

if there's an existing thread, please merge...but i did try the search function and i'm pleasantly surprised we (apparently) don't have a thread for this yet.

by far the best name i've seen so far in a philippine basketball lineup is (get ready for this!) Easy Lover San Juan, #4 and playing center for the Our Lady of Fatima University Phoenix. and i can't believe i just saw this a few minutes ago! original article here...

come to think of it, he's up there on a worldwide scale, with the likes of former washington wizard/providence friar God Shammgod...

also worth mentioning...

Marc Stevens Victoria (ex-purefoods 12th man, apparently named after an adult film contemporary of John Holmes)

Abraham Columbus King (which i believe is abe king's birth name)

Michael "Whitey" Almonte (nothing special about his birth name, but if you followed the MBA, you'll realize the irony of his nickname)

Originally posted by MrEndshiftresign View Post
    if there's an existing thread, please merge...but i did try the search function and i'm pleasantly surprised we (apparently) don't have a thread for this yet.

by far the best name i've seen so far in a philippine basketball lineup is (get ready for this!) Easy Lover San Juan, #4 and playing center for the Our Lady of Fatima University Phoenix. and i can't believe i just saw this a few minutes ago! original article here...

come to think of it, he's up there on a worldwide scale, with the likes of former washington wizard/providence friar God Shammgod...

also worth mentioning...

Marc Stevens Victoria (ex-purefoods 12th man, apparently named after an adult film contemporary of John Holmes)

Abraham Columbus King (which i believe is abe king's birth name)

Michael "Whitey" Almonte (nothing special about his birth name, but if you followed the MBA, you'll realize the irony of his nickname)
    may i add this guy( renato lozada) very effective guy during his micca days...too bad he passed away last year...
    KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

Comment

Originally posted by merps baller the return View Post
      may i add this guy( renato lozada) very effective guy during his micca days...too bad he passed away last year...
      renato lozada? doesn't ring a bell. been researching the MICAA on-and-off for the past few years, but don't remember anyone by that name...

...and if i'm not mistaken, jun lozada's real 1st name is rodolfo. close, but no cigar.

anyway, i forgot to mention Andretti Mari Stevens from this year's MIT lineup. his first name obviously came from former F1/Indy 500 champion Mario Andretti...

Comment

How about Bon Jovi Cipriano?

I won't be surprised if Marc Stevens Victoria has brothers named Ron Jeremy and George Estregan.
        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by JonarSabilano View Post
          How about Bon Jovi Cipriano?
          CEU has an Axl Garcia in their lineup...wonder if his second first name is "Rose", or "Ross" to make it sound more masculine...

i forgot about cipriano, but i believe there's someone in one of the UAAP lineups whose first name is also Bon Jovi...

Comment

renato lozada? doesn't ring a bell. been researching the MICAA on-and-off for the past few years, but don't remember anyone by that name...

...and if i'm not mistaken, jun lozada's real 1st name is rodolfo. close, but no cigar.

anyway, i forgot to mention Andretti Mari Stevens from this year's MIT lineup. his first name obviously came from former F1/Indy 500 champion Mario Andretti...
            ill ask my "biyenan" tomorrow in what team did renato lozada play
            KANINYA,CHIBAY,LANCHIAW BIN!

Comment

CEU has an Axl Garcia in their lineup...wonder if his second first name is "Rose", or "Ross" to make it sound more masculine...

i forgot about cipriano, but i believe there's someone in one of the UAAP lineups whose first name is also Bon Jovi...
              Bon Jovi Cipriano is in the Ateneo Team B lineup, if it's any help.
              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Servinio's baby boy, MBA Player Leo Bat Og

(the announcer even sings the 60's adam west batman theme taranananananan.....Bat-Og!)

Comment

Donking Sasuman
                  Boybits Victoria
                  Jerkules Tangkay

Comment

Venancio Paras (not sure if its right)

Comment

bonel balingit , pangalan pa lang basura na

translation

bonel balingit loves to drink sunkist

Comment

Mcdonald Santos
                        you know why I am happy

Comment

Magi King Sison UP Fighting Maroons (kind of redundant, named after the 3 kings)

Comment

Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                            Magi King Sison UP Fighting Maroons (kind of redundant, named after the 3 kings)
                            Don Carlos Allado

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

how about these:

Rizaldy Realubit (named after Rizal Day, apparently his day of birth)
                              Yves Dignadice (is the spelling correct)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information