PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree that the Philippines is the Dark horse of the FIBA-ASIA tournament

Jedi_master_from_phils
07-23-2009, 05:44 PM
I know we hate loosing but i think most of you guys think that we are hiding something..kumbaga we are hiding our aces so I made this poll if you agree that we are the dark horse of the tournament..please feel free to say whatever you want to say after..thanks:)

saints13
07-23-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't know if there is something hidden..what I know is they obviously are showing other teams what they are not capable of doing..and yes we are the dark horse while the West Asian teams Iran, Jordan and Lebanon are the heavy favorites to challenge China. I read somewhere that they are considering Japan and Korea as dark horses too...so let's add Sri Lanka to the gang..and consider our group in Tianjin as the Group of Dark Horses..hehehe

ctongco
07-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Team Pilipinas is not one of the favorites to win the title, but I strongly think that we are capable of winning it. :)

Khalid80
07-23-2009, 06:18 PM
What about Uzbekistan :D?
We don't know anything at all about their team other than they've got some really big guys on their roster like Grigori Shukhovtsov (211-C-83), Sergey Karaulov (215-C-84), and Dmitry Sviridov (212-C-85) (I don't know if they're all still playing on the NT cuz I got their names from previous tournaments)

Imagine if Ersan Ilyasova could play for the Uzbekistani NT (Has both the Turkish and Uzbeki nationalities but can't play for Uzbekistan since he has already played for the Turkish NT).
They would definitely be considered as contenders in Asia.

jxuusa
07-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Nope.

BasketballObservor
07-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Maybe, yeah. Remember guys, don't assume anything before it happens. Friendlies mean nothing, especially before the 2009 FIBA-ASIA tournament even starts.

rocketstar47
07-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Maybe, yeah. Remember guys, don't assume anything before it happens. Friendlies mean nothing, especially before the 2009 FIBA-ASIA tournament even starts.

rp basketball down now!!!!

rensquared
07-24-2009, 03:34 AM
What about Uzbekistan :D?
We don't know anything at all about their team other than they've got some really big guys on their roster like Grigori Shukhovtsov (211-C-83), Sergey Karaulov (215-C-84), and Dmitry Sviridov (212-C-85) (I don't know if they're all still playing on the NT cuz I got their names from previous tournaments)

Imagine if Ersan Ilyasova could play for the Uzbekistani NT (Has both the Turkish and Uzbeki nationalities but can't play for Uzbekistan since he has already played for the Turkish NT).
They would definitely be considered as contenders in Asia.

Uzbekistan is indeed a Dark Horse

fthesaint
07-24-2009, 10:23 PM
I know we hate loosing but i think most of you guys think that we are hiding something..kumbaga we are hiding our aces so I made this poll if you agree that we are the dark horse of the tournament..please feel free to say whatever you want to say after..thanks:)

I originally thought that Phils. is one of the Dark Horses but with very limited preparation and seeing how Jordan easily dismantled them plus a very unstable pg rotation, I'm beginning to have some doubts. Nevertheless I still rate our team highly and very much capable of scoring upsets to the favourites but also vulnerable to teams below them. But if you'll give me 10 Red Horse beers to drink, after the 5th bottle I can tell you without shadow of a doubt the RP team will go all the way!

kaiziken_pinas
07-25-2009, 06:43 AM
1st of all..... what does Dark Horse mean?

krave182
07-25-2009, 07:51 AM
When was the last time you wanted to lose more than win?

We’ve been losing a lot in that tournament we are now deep down the cellar.

Scary?

Not to the coaching staff—seemingly.

If you haven’t sensed it yet, I can understand all this teeth-gritting from you, guys. Even cussing.

But if you ask me, I’ve long ago known—no, had this hunch—that we went to Taipei not necessarily to win the trophy.

Rather, we flew a yet-to-be assembled national squad to the Jones Cup to use the joust in assembling a crew for a war of future significance to flag and country.
If we won one or two, that’d just be a bonus.

"The winning is in the heart, not in the final score."

"It’s not in the rising but in the falling.”:D:D:D

saints13
07-25-2009, 08:16 AM
When was the last time you wanted to lose more than win?

We’ve been losing a lot in that tournament we are now deep down the cellar.

Scary?

Not to the coaching staff—seemingly.

If you haven’t sensed it yet, I can understand all this teeth-gritting from you, guys. Even cussing.

But if you ask me, I’ve long ago known—no, had this hunch—that we went to Taipei not necessarily to win the trophy.

Rather, we flew a yet-to-be assembled national squad to the Jones Cup to use the joust in assembling a crew for a war of future significance to flag and country.
If we won one or two, that’d just be a bonus.

"The winning is in the heart, not in the final score."

"It’s not in the rising but in the falling.”:D:D:D

how come you predicted 8-0 for Powerade RP NT in Jones Cup. :confused:

Easy game for Team Pilipinas....

RP team will win the JONES CUP and FIBA ASIA in a big display of talents...

RP team will make history this year...

8-0 in Jones Cup, only Lebanon and Jordan is a close game, while other teams have no match. Outpowered!!!!

krave182
07-25-2009, 10:48 AM
how come you predicted 8-0 for Powerade RP NT in Jones Cup. :confused:

Im just joking at that time, maybe over confident with the team coz I want them to win as many games, im just cheering with the team with full support.:D:D:D

Anyway, this Jones Cup is just a learning experience for them, Im disapponting with the loss, but I see a great improvement of the team every game. That's what we need in the upcoming FIBA tournament in Tinjian, certainly learning from our opponents is the main focus here. Certainly, GUIAO knows what he is doing, rotating and experimenting some players to attain the best combination. I expect a great performance in FIBA........:D:D:D:D

BTW, you did'nt still forget what I wrote....:D:D:D

saints13
07-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Im just joking at that time, maybe over confident with the team coz I want them to win as many games, im just cheering with the team with full support.:D:D:D

Anyway, this Jones Cup is just a learning experience for them, Im disapponting with the loss, but I see a great improvement of the team every game. That's what we need in the upcoming FIBA tournament in Tinjian, certainly learning from our opponents is the main focus here. Certainly, GUIAO knows what he is doing, rotating and experimenting some players to attain the best combination. I expect a great performance in FIBA........:D:D:D:D

BTW, you did'nt still forget what I wrote....:D:D:D

yeah it was printed on my memory..lolz.

anyways, I do understand how you feel..I was like that 4 years ago.. the excitement about an all professional RP NT..I thought that after the FIBA suspension, RP will wreck havoc in the Asian basketball scene...but I saw it the other way around..hehehe.

let's just hope for our NT's best...this Jones Cup is an eye-opener for everyone, and yet the PBA people are sugar-coating everything, protecting their marketing product.

ros
07-25-2009, 01:04 PM
WTF is this?

Guys stop over-hyping our team.

ayoboi
07-26-2009, 01:52 AM
no way, we are now going weaker and weaker and weaker! if there is a FIBA Qualifier for Team B national teams, Philippines Powerade Team will be a contender!:D

FatFingerz
07-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Nakita niyo ba guys sa Jones Cup na walang timeout pag streak ang kalaban, nilalabas ang mga key palyers pag end game, hinahayaan silang maglaro kahit mali na ginagawa nila (Thoss' 3 consecutive shots from the outside during 1Q against Iran). Di ko sinasabi na malakas tayo ang sinasabi ko eh hindi pa yun ang tunay na tayo. Alalahanin natin na ito ang unang international exposure natin. So mas concern sila sa pag gain ng experience at possible scenarios kesa manalo. Sa FIBA Asia talaga magkakaalamanan, pag dun kulelat parin tayo eh pwede na tayong maghimutok.

Trans:
I guess we can be a dark horse but we won't know until we see in FIBA Asia! I tell you watch out also for Korea! Please don't judge RP completely from their Jones Cup performance. Atleast now we know our weaknesses and they will work overtime for it. Let's just wait for FIBA Asia.

Maximus1984
07-27-2009, 02:28 PM
I vote "maybe" ... i believe either Phils or Kazakhstan will be the dark hose.

d_viper
08-04-2009, 01:33 PM
........ maybe yg do really had hidden weapon stored for rp team to be unleashed in tianjin:D lol........ so darkhorse might be appropriate tag

or it simply could just be a pure delusion......

anyway.....

apiSigbinz
08-04-2009, 04:07 PM
yes, Philippines for me is no doubt a dark horse including Korea... they could upset teams from Group F during the quarterfinals....

but that isn't something that we should be proud of.. it just means we have little chance of making it to the WC....

RP could also be the redhorse for some.....:D:D:D:D:D joke joke joke......

ifreet
08-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Most people dont know anything about Philippines,
Thiss a great condition to make it a dark horse,
on contrary it lacks evidences to prove it could be a dark horse.

merps baller the return
08-05-2009, 12:42 AM
yeah team pilipinas is a darkhorse in this coming tournament;) but im preparing 1 case of red horse in my fridge just in case:rolleyes::eek::D

AlYuson
08-05-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm hoping to see respectable and reputable senior member like nardy to make his post here.....

Andrew81
08-05-2009, 10:11 AM
For me YES..;)