expectations, wishes... etc.

players that are under contract for at least one more year:

PG: Ranniko, Stringer
    SG: Ožbolt
    SF: Markoishvilli
    PF: Rizvič, Jurkovič
    C: ? (Ljubotina or Bozovič maybee?)

wishes within (i hope) reality

-Sandi Čebular, SG, 196cm, 1986 (Kemoplast)
    the best scorer of Slovenian league at the age of 19, haven't seen him playing live yet, but I guess in the next few years with proper training, he could become a decent european SG...

-Domen Lorbek, SG, 195cm, 1985 (Helios)
    I hope he won't go abroad as his older brother did, since his weaknesses could be exposed quite fast if jumping to fast to the next level and he has some weaknesses right now, people claim he is too onedimensional player, but same as Čebular isn't a player to overlook....

-Uros Slokar, PF, 210cm, 1983 (Benneton)
    Heavily underated imho, doesn't get much playing time in Treviso. I think that as soon as he would be getting some regular minutes he couldemerge as the biggest surprise in euroleague- my prediction would be if there was a "most-improved-player" award he would definately be a strong candidate for winning it in 2005/06 given some minutes...

borderline reality:
    -Goran Dragič; if Slovan and Olimpija won't work this some otherway I am afraid he is impossible to get for Olimpija, they got their chance, scouting failed to recognize him as a talent worth of 25.000 miserable €... and that's about it...

-Miha Zupan; my guess would be that Olimpija won't be willing to pay as much as Slovan would demand, he'd probably need more time to adapt in the new club, I doubt Sagadin likes his easy defensive fouls he is getting... but he'd definately become the fans favourite from the game 1

-Marko Milič; if we leave aside those "the budget will get increased next season" stories we've been hearing for the past 3 years, there is not really much chances for signing a player in 300-350.000 € rank, Milič might sign for a smaller ammount since it's Olimpija, but reinforcements as Slokar, Čebular, Lorbek wouldn't be that cheap neither... I am afraid Olimpija would run out of money for him...

-Marino Baždarič; being injured for the whole season isn't exactly something that would guarantee a player some big contract, again I think that eventhough Olimpija could offer some decent ammount of money, considering his exposure he received with 2 years of euroleague some russian club will step in and offer twice more. I think he signed for this season more or less because he wants some competitive practices before signing for some other club next season...

PG: Ranniko, Stringer
    SG: Ožbolt, Čebular, Lorbek
    SF: Markoishvili, ? US SG/SF...
    PF: Jurkovič, Slokar
    C: Rizvič, Pietras, random bulky US player

p.s. it's the first and probably the last time here on IBN that Slovenian forum is the biggest regarding the number of posts and threads
    ...let us enjoy this short moment...
    Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 04-25-2006, 12:35 PM.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

... since IBN got chrased I'll post my wishes for next season.

PG: Rannikko*, Dragič/Čapin/Stringer*
    SG: Ožbolt*, D. Lorbek, Čebular
    SF: Milič, Markoishvili*
    PF: Slokar/Zagorac, Jurkovič*
    C: Jurak, Rizvič*, Ljubotina/Božovič**/Dragojlovič

* Players already under the contract
    ** on try-out

Olimpija staff said days ago, that they will talk about Aleksander Čapin with his agent in near future, he is out of contract after this season.

Also Goran Dragič's manager Rade Filipovič (same as Lakovič's) said for press that Sagadin came to him and gave him the contract offer which is suprsigly same as from other bigger clubs (Barcelona, TAU, Real Madrid...)... crazy I know.

There are also some romours about Marko Milič coming back, and that things are already set up for his coming back... Domen Lorbek is also saying that he is already talking with Olimpija, but he will decide about that at the end of the season... Sandi Čebular the Slovenian league top scorer was already at Olimpija's practise.. Jurak also said at press that he wants to leave Italy and play in Euroleague next season.. and Slokar is Free Agent after this season.
    Last edited by elaj; 05-06-2006, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Olimpija staff said days ago, that they will talk about Aleksander Čapin with his agent in near future, he is out of contract after this season.
      I was disturbed by his defense when he played with Krka, and he didn't seem as some good distributor. Not that I am expecting Jasikevičius back to satisfy my appetites , but I'd go for someone else... especially I think a stereotypical american/college PG would be welcomed for the team to change the pace. Haven't yet created an opinion on Stringer, but I'd prefer keeping him than getting Čapin...
      Ranniko is an injury prone, so 3rd player able to play PG is imho neccesity and since Ožbolt is having troubles with his knees as well, I think Olimpija should in particular be carefull about who'll be their 2nd PG.
      If they manage to get D. Lorbek and Čebular it's kind of hard to believe they would add another PG or combo, while with condition of Ranniko and Ožbolt that might actually be neccesary if that 2nd PG won't be able to play as he should- I don't trust in Čapin that much, especially considering his price...

Also Goran Dragič's manager Rade Filipovič (same as Lakovič's) said for press that Sagadin came to him and gave him the contract offer which is suprsigly same as from other bigger clubs (Barcelona, TAU, Real Madrid...)... crazy I know.
      I think Spaniards got a bit afraid after they've spent all that money on Tomas and Ukič who didn't really fulfill their expectations, I think they're going to be more carefull with Dragič.
      Getting Dragič for a buyout could work out really in the long run from club's popularity as well as finacial aspect...

There are also some romours about Marko Milič coming back, and that things are already set up for his coming back... Domen Lorbek is also saying that he is already talking with Olimpija, but he will decide about that at the end of the season... Sandi Čebular the Slovenian league top scorer was already at Olimpija's practise.. Jurak also said at press that he wants to leave Italy and play in Euroleague next season.. and Slokar is Free Agent after this season.
      man, it' not really that Olimpija's fans are demanding something impossible, but if all those people would come I'd be more than just happy...
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

euroleague's junior tournament might not be some astonishing competition... but Kamil Pietras is dominating...
        loss vs. Žalgiris: 14 points +10rebounds +6 blocks
        win vs. Barcelona: 33 points +19 rebounds
        win vs. Prokom: 34 points +16 rebounds (12 offensive)
        with average index of 39.7

nice to know Olimpija has at least one good talent in that age group...

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
          euroleague's junior tournament might not be some astonishing competition... but Kamil Pietras is dominating...
          loss vs. Žalgiris: 14 points +10rebounds +6 blocks
          win vs. Barcelona: 33 points +19 rebounds
          win vs. Prokom: 34 points +16 rebounds (12 offensive)
          with average index of 39.7

nice to know Olimpija has at least one good talent in that age group...
          Yes, and in second Slovenian league (1.B) Kamil Pietras (209cm, 1988) averaged - 18.4ppg, 9.3rpg, 1.0stl, 1.0bpg, 0.7apg, 1.8tpg in 23 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
            expectations, wishes... etc.
            PF: Jurkovič, Slokar
            C: Rizvič, Pietras, random bulky US player
            This frontcourt is way too weak for Euroleague and even GL IMO. I don't expect from Rizvic to make big progress next year. He seems to be in big crisis and I think it's a big chance he will never recover (like Pavic). Sagadin is not giving him minutes at all now, maybe he will go on loan somewhere next year. Jurkovic is old, he can get injury any time, but what he's showing lately, it's a good sign for next season. I was not thrilled at Jurkovic's arrival, but Olimpija's frontcourt this season sucks so much, that even Jurkovic seems like major reinforcement. Slokar will probably need some time to pull himself together after this dissapointing season. Pietras is a big prospect but no way he can compete on EL level allready (maybe some garbage minutes only). And about bulky US player, we all know how tough is to get good player for little money and I'm not sold on Sagadin's scouting. How many americans Sagadin brought in Olimpija, that were worth something? I hope either Ljubotina or Bozovic will show some skills to play on highest level next year.
            "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Just to update this topic:

- Union Olimpija signed 3 years contract with Domen Lorbek (196cm, 21y.o., SG/SF)
              - Union Olimpija signed 4 years contract with Dejan Hohler (188cm, 20y.o., PG)
              - Union Olimpija signed 3+1 years contract with Sandi Čebular (196cm, 20y.o., SG/SF)

Comment

Now it's confirmed Domen Lorbek signed 3 years contract with Olimpija. Olimpija also got new silver (second biggest) sponsor. I hope better times are coming for the club when major european clubs won't book victory allready before the game in Ljubljana.
                "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Director Matjaž Tavčar said for national TV that they are planning to sign the contract with Marko Milič on Monday.

In few days will be known if Zmago Sagadin will stay as the first coach of Union Olimpija. There are few options, Zmago Sagadin as Sports Director and Sašo Filipovski takes the coaching spot, or the situation stays the same as now - Zmago Sagadin head coach, Sašo Filipovski his first assistent and Rade Mijanovič as his second.

Yotam Halperin again said he will do everything to stay in Union Olimpija also for next season, but things can get complicated because he still has valid contract with Maccabi Tel-Aviv for next season.

Comment

why doesn't he want to play in Maccabi?

Comment

Originally posted by Nimonas
                      I don't really know, but I guess he got used to the city, club, coaches and fans ofcourse. I guess he is little bit scared being benched again.

His answer to the newspaper (Delo) about his future plans a week ago (my translation, I'm sorry for mistakes)...

"I had a great season personally, I improved alot not just in basketball but also in other views. I got used to the city, club, my new friends.. but I think it's the time to move on to some bigger club. I need to stay for at least a year in club like Union Olimpija where I can play important role and improve my game. The "problem" is Maccabi, where I still have the contract for the next season. I've spent 14 years in Maccabi, on some way, Maccabi is like my second family, they will decide what they will do at the end of the season."
                      Last edited by elaj; 06-08-2006, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I know that overall he is an average player (especially for Euroleague standards), but what are the plans for Dragisa Drobnjak, who played really well in the finals against Geoplin?

Also, I can't wait for some team that I don't like (like Anwil) to sign Szymon Szewczyk, since he played in Olimpija, in Euroleague, and because of it he has to be good. He was terrible in finals and is so stupid on the court, brrrr....
                        Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

Originally posted by woma
                          I know that overall he is an average player (especially for Euroleague standards), but what are the plans for Dragisa Drobnjak, who played really well in the finals against Geoplin?
                          Are you talking about Halperin? Halperin is now way above average euroleague player! And Drobnjak really isn't such a good player, believe me. He is not player for euroleague and I hope they will get rid of him. There are some rumours that he will sign for Helios. Jurkovic and Drobnjak on PF is way to weak for eurolegaue standards.

Originally posted by woma
                          Also, I can't wait for some team that I don't like (like Anwil) to sign Szymon Szewczyk, since he played in Olimpija, in Euroleague, and because of it he has to be good. He was terrible in finals and is so stupid on the court, brrrr....
                          Are you Prokom fan or what that you don't like Anwil? About Szewczyk, I think he has better potencial that he is showing on the court but I don't know when he will actually learn how to play defence.

Comment

Don't be so nervous - I never wrote about Halperin being an average player, I only wrote about Drobnjak - he really played well in the finals and I am wondering what will happen with him. And I know that for Euroleague he is not good enough, but on the other side I could see him doing well in a better club than Helios.

And I don't have to be Prokom fan to not like Anwil .
                            Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

Originally posted by Nimonas
                              Who said he doesn't? But of course he does.
                              This boy is smart, he knows he must feed all kind of jounalists and fans with what they want to hear.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information