X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info about Yotam Halperin

something for our ip84

interview with Halperin from siol.net

in the past 2 seasons with Maccabi you've won the euroleague twice. How fresh are the memmories about it?

You never forget such things, especially when it comes to final four tournament in TelAviv. I was happy as well a year later in Moscow. Every basketball player is dreaming about such achievements, I've succeded it in the early stage of my career and it is helpfull for my future.

You got some more chance 2 years ago in TA when you achieved 7 points, do you prefer that title to the one from Moscow?

Definately, those moments in Tel-Aviv were unforgetable. Whole Israel was breathing together with us back than. I played for 21 minutes and made some contribution to the succes. The joy infront of home crowd is something I'll never forget.

Together with Maccabi you were on the final four tournaments for three times, the way things turned around you won't be ther this year. Which team do you believe has the most chances for winning it?

Teams are very close in terms of quality any of them could win it all, so there will be some interesing games in Prague. I bet on Maccabi, which is quite normal I believe their players are quality enough to win third title in a row. I am not really very good at prognosis, but just acting like a Maccabi fan.(laugh)

Are you dissapointed, since you're not in Prague?

Of course I am, but I'm still happy to be here. I am young and i have to watch for the future. I am glad to receive the oppurtunity, to progress- all what Olimpija is offering me right now. Everybody wants to play at F4. I've made it before and I wish to live up to it once more.

Considering you'vespent a lot of time with Maccabi, are you in touch with some of your ex teamates?

I talk a lot with Šarunas Jasikevičius. I also have contacts with Parker, Sharp, Vujčić, practically with everybody I've played with for the past 4 years. It's quite normal to talk a lot with Israeli friends playing for Maccabi. A good thing with basketball is that wherever you get you meet new people and make new friendships.

When Sagadin arrived in Olimpija you were in called by Jasikevičius, what did he said to you?

He said Sagadin is tough coach, he told me to be prepared and added that Sagadin is the best coach for me in this moment in the world.

Will you obey his advice and stay in Slovenia for one more year?

I have one more year left with Maccabi, which is a certain problem. I've already told Sagadin that I would stay in Ljubljana if I had the chance. I am aware that I am not ready yet to play in a major club as Maccabi and have a major role there. Staying in Ljubljana for one more year would be a good thing for me.

For the end, lets talk a bit about the end of national championship. This year, you have some competition in Helios and Slovan. Is Olimpija good enough to get on top?

Both teams (Slovan, Helios) are good, Slovan for instance beat us by 20 points and it won't be easy for us in the future. We're the best team on papaer and we have to show that on court. Everything can happen, but we have to be prepared for all attacks and win the championship- that's our goal- and I am sure we'll make it.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Originally posted by Matiz
    something for our ip84
    Thank you
    My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
      something for our ip84
      NOt ip84, but thanks anyways.

Comment

request for the Isrealis- tell here what is written there. I don't know how to translate some terms.

Slovanians, if nobody will do it, I'll do it myself this evening as well as I can.
        My Youtube channel

Comment

What may be relevant for you from this artical is that Halperin will go at the end of May to some pre-draft competition.
          My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by ip84
            What may be relevant for you from this artical is that Halperin will go at the end of May to some pre-draft competition.
            If the team plays like yesterday, he will be free by then.

Comment

Why Yotam played only 15 minutes? Was he bad/tired/injured (god forbid) ?

Comment

Originally posted by C02
                Why Yotam played only 15 minutes? Was he bad/tired/injured (god forbid) ?
                Ill I'm afraid.

Comment

NBA Draft scouting reports, mock drafts, articles on NBA Draft Prospects. Extensive high school, NCAA and international NBA draft coverage.

Halperin won't go the Orlando Pre-Draft Camp. He is at the list of "Will not be participating".

he should have been at "team two": http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1297
                  Last edited by ip84; 05-29-2006, 06:06 PM.
                  My Youtube channel

Comment

How is the situation about Halperin now? Does Maccabi definately wants him next season? If that's right, I see no chance Halperin staying in Ljubljana.
                    "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Originally posted by boki
                      How is the situation about Halperin now? Does Maccabi definately wants him next season? If that's right, I see no chance Halperin staying in Ljubljana.
                      Maccabi still don't know who will be the coach... Nothing about whether Halperin will be at Maccabi was said.

There are more then rumors that Burshtain want to leave Maccabi for some Spanish team. If he'll leave, I think there will be less chances that Maccabi will let Halperin go (nomatter Halperins will)
                      My Youtube channel

Comment

Yotam has his own supporters in Ljubljana

http://klub.union.olimpija.com/pics/novice/mala_b.jpg
                        "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Originally posted by boki
                          Yotam has his own supporters in Ljubljana

http://klub.union.olimpija.com/pics/novice/mala_b.jpg
                          What does the sign say ?

Comment

Originally posted by C02
                            What does the sign say ?
                            Halperin je in = Halperin is "in"

Comment

NBA Draft scouting reports, mock drafts, articles on NBA Draft Prospects. Extensive high school, NCAA and international NBA draft coverage.

Acording to Ynet, he had 15 assists and. According to Sprot5 16 (the game length there is two halfs of 15 minuts)
                              Last edited by ip84; 06-13-2006, 06:09 PM.
                              My Youtube channel

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information