Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European clubs budget

here we go again...
    I'd like you to post the budgets you've read about in local media about your clubs, since this is the only way fans can get the big picture about the finances in european basketball.
    Budgets are available, but not all at one place...

I'll start:
    Slovenia:
    -Union Olimpija 2.7mio €
    -Slovan around 0.8 mio €

ACB (sadly for 04/05 season only):
    -Barcelona: 12,000,000 €
    -Real Madrid: 12,000,000* €
    -Pamesa: 12,000,000* €
    -Unicaja 11,500,000 €
    -Baskonia 8,700,000 €
    -Estudiantes 7,500,000 €
    -Joventut 5,000,000 €
    -Caja 5,000,000 €
    -Breogan 4,200,000 €
    -Lucentum 4,000,000 €
    -Bilbao 4,000,000 €
    -Gran Canaria 3,900,000 €
    -Girona 3,600,000 €
    -Granada 3,550,804 €
    -Tenerife 3,350,000 €
    -Forum 3,070,000 €
    -Lleida 3,000,000 €
    -Manresa 3,000,000 €
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Some information that was also posted back in the old Club budget thread about PAOs and Olys budget and salaries for the beginning of this season:

Panathinaikos player/staff budget: ~7.3 Million Euro

Dejan Tomasevic: 700.000
    Fragiskos Alvertis: 700.000
    Jaka Lakovic: 550.000
    Dimitris Diamantidis: 500.000
    Vlado Scepanovic: 500.000
    Mike Batiste: 500.000
    Vassilis Spanoulis: 450.000
    Patrick Femerling: 450.000
    Nikos Hatzivrettas: 425.000
    Kostas Tsartsaris: 400.000
    Dimitris Papanikolaou: 300.000
    Giorgos Kalaitzis: 250.000
    Dusan Sakota: 200.000
    Zeljko Obradovic: 1.000.000
    Staff: 400.000

Olympiakos player/stuff budget: ~ 4.2 Million Euro

Eurelijus Zukauskas: 500.000
    Tyus Edney: 450.000
    Nikos Hatzis: 400.000
    Andrija Zizic: 350.000
    Quincy Lewis: 300.000
    Martin Rancik: 300.000
    Panagiotis Vasilopoulos: 220.000
    Sofoklis Schortsianitis: 220.000
    Lazaros Agadakos: 190.000
    Renaldas Seibutis: 150.000
    Nikos Barlos: 150.000
    Giorgos Printezis: 100.000
    Nikos Argyropoulos: 70.000
    Dimitris Kalaitzidis: 60.000
    Jonas Kazlauskas: 400.000
    Staff: 350.000

Speaking of Club Budgets, I found this on the net, something by USA Today about the "five best-run clubs" in Europe. Dunno where they have their numbers from but at least for Panathinaikos 12-13 Million $ could be realistic as overall budget (Maccabis budget seems a bit low there though imo).

Comment

BK Ventspils (BBL) 1 miljon Eiro
      New Jersy Nets and BK Ventspils da best

Comment

You Euro clubs are all bloody lucky.
        Here in Down Under (Australia) we have a salary cap of $750,000. No wonder our imports are second class to yours.
        However, what is made up for such a lost is the junior development programs especially the world class sports academy the AIS - Australian Institute of Sport.
        "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
        -El Padrino

Comment

Maccabi : 10-12 Million Dollars.
          Belive it or not, Only Parker is being paid over million dollars per season, something like 1.2 million dollars per season.
          All the other guys are being paid less than 900K per season.
          In my opinion, Each and every guy on the Starting-Five of Maccabi (Parker, Vujcic, Burstein, Baston and Solomon) should be paid at least 1 million per season.
          Thay are doing great already 3 (Baston), 4 (Vujcic), 5 (Parker) or 6 (Burstein) years and of course Solomon on his Rookie season in Maccabi.
          Last edited by Dookie; 04-29-2006, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Actully maccabis officel budget is 12M us$$$.
            which way low compared to Barce and Cska...and if im remmber correctly...katz and fridman(maccabi big bosses)said the club budget is 6th highest in the EL,which means there are 5 bigger budget teams.
            It shows that big $$$ doesnt bring the win at most cases(just like RM in soccer).

Comment

Big difference

All those big numbers. In the much smaller Danish league import players are paid about 1000$-1500$ a month. A few from the bigger clubs are paid a little bit more, but that are exceptions. After a good season most off them are able to move to bigger leagues and make some "real" money. Most bigger clubs do not want someone who hasn't played overseas for a year.

Comment

Prokom has about ~3.5 Million Euro, but in upcoming season some peoples say that they will have almost 5.0 Millions Euro !!!

Comment

Sorry guys, I have new info

Prokom budget for upcomins 3 season will be ~7 Millions Euro !!! Prokom think also (when the new arena will be read) about F4 Final in Sopot ...

News from the biggest Polish newspaper - http://sport.gazeta.pl/koszykowka/1,65031,3360047.html

WOW !!!

Comment

This your informations - nobody claimed 7 millions Euro.
                    And even if polissh biggest daily newspaper "Gazeta Wyborcza" wrote about 7 mln dollars... I've heard that it's more of a false rumour spreading during aftermatch party, when most of the participants were totally drunk .
                    Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

what? Do You read nespapers?

Droga ku Final Four Euroligi (w Sopocie marzą, że w 2009 roku turniej odbędzie się w nowej hali na granicy Gdańska i Sopotu) ma być konsekwentnym procesem. Według informacji "Gazety" już w nowym sezonie budżet klubu wzrośnie dwukrotnie, czyli do 7 mln dolarów!

Sport.pl - Informacje i aktualności sportowe. Relacje na żywo, wyniki, tabele, terminarze rozgrywek. Wiadomości sportowe z ostatniej chwili.

Comment

~7 mio $ = ~5.5 mio

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
                          what? Do You read nespapers?

Droga ku Final Four Euroligi (w Sopocie marzą, że w 2009 roku turniej odbędzie się w nowej hali na granicy Gdańska i Sopotu) ma być konsekwentnym procesem. Według informacji "Gazety" już w nowym sezonie budżet klubu wzrośnie dwukrotnie, czyli do 7 mln dolarów!

http://sport.gazeta.pl/koszykowka/1,65031,3360047.html
                          Not only you have a problem understanding and writing english, but you have a problem of reading in polish too, not good for you.

And you still didn't write when you've heared "rumour" about Barton and Welsch being on Prokom wantlist, I am still waiting for your answer...
                          If not, I will write where you saw it (unless you saw it somewhere else...) and you will look as total idiot then .
                          Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

One guy from Czech Republic (?) wrote sth like "Barton and Welsch would be good players for Trefl, and someone could try to sign Barton/Welsh" on one of polish basketball's message boards?
                            Some people also write about their unrealistic dreams? Philip, why didn't you write about their dreams, as rumors which you've heared?
                            Ban Philip!!

Comment

Leave the guy alone.
                              My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information